PDA

View Full Version : So many blowouts...

GspLAL
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyone else think this years playoffs so far is kinda boring? It seems like a lot of games are blown out or not so close.

VCaintdead17
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I completely disagree. This years first round has been terrific IMO. Sure there has been some blowouts, but many, many close, down to the last second games.

Very good playoffs so far. :clap:

DreamShaker
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Some good first round matchups thus far...looks like only one sweep....3 or 4 of these series could go 7....I'dd say that's good....better than last year....

Kyle N.
04-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone else think this years playoffs so far is kinda boring? It seems like a lot of games are blown out or not so close.

Really you think that? I think the games have been crazy so far.

pd7631
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
the Sixers vs Magic has been amazing....sure the Hornets and Nuggets series had a couple huge blowouts, but it looks like that can become a series, and it's really getting chippy(how many flagrant fouls in today's game?)

MiamiHeat
04-25-2009, 10:58 PM
as a Heat fan I have been enjoying game 2&3 of our series :)
not boring at all

Sportfan
04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
i disagree this years playoffs have been great

IndyRealist
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I remember teams going back and forth with blowouts for 7 games in previous years. Last year was just strange with the Celtics going to so many game 7's.

ntat
04-25-2009, 11:42 PM
i dont think the playoffs have been GREAT, but not boring. some god games, there could e and has been better match ups.

Chronz
04-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Last years was truly disappointing, so much hype yet none of the series were really that close. I attribute that to the fact that the West is overrated. Sure every team wins 50+ games, but thats because the bottom feeding teams are REALLY bad, the East doesnt have that many automatic wins. West is still the best, but there isnt the same parity that requires consistent effort on a game to game basis. Though last years Suns vs Spurs was the closest 5 game series Ive ever seen. Just bad luck really, I hope this year is much more entertaining, the Finals should be historically good though.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Celtics vs. Bulls and Sixers vs. Magic have been great. the rest, not so much.

still1ballin
04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Its been okay

luckynumber_752
04-26-2009, 01:36 AM
I completely disagree. This years first round has been terrific IMO. Sure there has been some blowouts, but many, many close, down to the last second games.

Very good playoffs so far. :clap:

I agree. I think most have been great. We all new the 1/8 matchups were gonna b blowouts before they started. I know I did anyway.

albertc86
04-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Depends from what perspective you look at the playoffs. I think there have been great individual performances thus far and they will only get better. It's only the first round so give it a break.

superkegger
04-26-2009, 01:48 AM
I've loved the playoffs so far. Sure I'd like less blowouts, but some of those blowouts were still somewhat good.

The Orlando/Philly Series has been amazing. Big comebacks and rallies all over the place.
The Boston/Chicago series had two great games that came down to the wire, and had the Bulls huge game 1 upsest and the Ray Allen game winner, followed by a blowout, which still had it's moments. Wonderful series so far
The Cleveland/Detroit series has been what you expected, Cleveland dominance. But LeBron has been pretty darn good.
The Atlanta/Miami series has been basically 3 blowouts. Though game 1 was kinda fun because of the dominance Atlanta had and that crowd just rocking. And then Wade in games 2 and 3 was great fun to watch.

The Utah/LA series wasn't close in game 1, but the other 3 games were all pretty good, with Boozer and Kobe highlighting games 3 and 4 respectively.
The Dallas/SA series has had a couple good games, and a couple blowouts. It's a fun matchup though with a lot of history, though it's more sad than anything to see Tim Duncan just not have it right now.
The Denver/NOH series has been good, even with the blowouts. The play of Chauncey Billups in the first two games, along with the chippyness and then Paul's game 3 performance have made it a good series.
The Houston/Portland series, while game 1 was a blowout, it set a very interesting stage, and Roy provided a great game 2, and Portland had a great almost comeback on game 3. Great series.

I've absolutely loved this years playoffs. I think I've seen almost all of the games except the opening day of games. It's been some really good stuff for the most part.

Not to mention, we could have some upsets in series. Orlando, Portland, San Antonio, and Atlanta all could very easily get upset. And Boston could get pushed to 6 or 7 games again, and even upset, however unlikely.

NYKnickFanatic
04-26-2009, 01:59 AM

Yeah, I hate blowouts in the playoffs.

There is no point of even watching.

I loved watching the first two games with the Bulls and Celtics.

And that game three with the Jazz and Lakers.

Also the Orlando and Sixers series.

ElMarroAfamado
04-26-2009, 02:24 AM
some have been boring but some have been great
these playoffs are way better than last years in my opinion

last years were sooooooo boring

with home teams never losing and road teams never winning it made games boooooring

JJ81
04-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Sixers beat the magic twice by 2 game winning shots. Jazz beat the Lakers with a game winning shot. Boston vs Bulls went to overtime and their second game took a game winning shot. Hornets beat the Nuggets by only 2 last night. Games 2 and 3 of the Portland Houston series have been very close.

GspLAL
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Aside from the Laker games because obviously I'm a Laker fan and Ima enjoy those games, but aside from those the only games I've enjoyed was that Sixers Game 1 and this Bulls game going on right now, I didn't see game 1 where Rose dominated though.

JJ81
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Bulls just won in Double-OT

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Bulls just won in Double-OT

that was a great game

NBA-FAN4EVER
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
To be honest all of the Western Conf matchups so far have been boring. In the East outside of Chi/Boston and the first 4 games of Magic/Sixers, they were also boring.

Hellcrooner
05-01-2009, 10:15 AM
im not complaining it was clear Lakers and Cavs are so superior to the rest that they would sweep their rivals, i got surprised by utah grabbibng one.

Sixers took more than expected to magic and BUlls are gicing a helll of a time to the prideful celtics, heat and hawks should go 7