PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Pick #50: Browns select Mohamed Massaquoi

yboord028
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Cleveland Browns: Round 2 Pick #50

Mohamed Massaquoi, WR

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/combine/headshots/80664.jpg

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210
College: Georgia
Conference: SEC
Hometown: Charlotte, NC
High School: Independence

Positives: Prototypical NFL build for the position. Good height and surprising overall musculature with the frame to add additional mass. Possesses at least adequate straight-line speed to challenge deep. Can throttle down to separate from defenders. Long arms which he extends well to make the tough reception. Flashes good leaping ability and body control to snatch high passes out of the air. Good vision for the cutback. Good elusiveness for a receiver of his size. Good size and strength to run through arm tackles and create positive yardage after the reception. Stepped up his level of play as a senior. Became a vocal and on-field leader as a senior.

Negatives: Simply drops too many passes. Prone to lapses in concentration or not looking the pass into his hands before trying to make a defender miss. Allows passes into his frame too often, resulting in some ugly bounce-backs. Bit of a long-strider with build-up speed. Lacks elite foot quickness and agility to consistently gain separation from NFL-caliber cornerbacks. Tends to disappear for long stretches.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/mohamed-massaquoi?id=80664#profiles-tabs:players-analysis

prodigy
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Ewards is gone...

Son of Prodigy
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
get rid of one guy that drops passes for another

bigtime1957
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Ha hahaha ha what a bunch of losers..............

TheSnowman
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
What happens with Braylon now

ctwn4life
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Ha hahaha ha what a bunch of losers..............

I take it back man......You're not a crackhead....I shouldn't have said that......You seem to have a good point.....So, I shall deem u with a new nickname......CRACKBABY

cle12152433
04-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Im confused by this pick. If we knew we wanted Massaqoui, why pick Robiskie with Everette Brown and Ray Maualuga still on the board.

phitautimmy
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I think overall Robiskie will be our best receiver, I would look to see the Browns open the offense up at least once every poss. and have Edwards and Massaquoi stretch the field and Robo will be there wide open. He's a hell of a receiver. Just wait and see.

kosar4president
04-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I think both WR's were good picks. Even if we keep BE, we will have some good options for the passing game. There is really something wrong with Rey Maualuga that we do not know about. We were not the only team to pass on him. He dropped quick. I also love the pick of David Veikune. He will be an instant impact player at OLB. He slipped through the cracks and alot of teams will regret passing on him. He definately has more upside than Maualuga. Getting a Center (Mack) in the first round was a good safe pick and also it was who the Steelers wanted, so it benefited two ways. MM will be a great pick and we will see that early on this year. Also, great move to get Elam, Ratliff , and Coleman. THis solidifies that we are keeping Quinn. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! DA will be dealt to Denver or ST.Louis tomorrow. I believe. I posted earlier this week that Ratliff would be a Brown after the draft, but none of us knew we would get Elam and Coleman too. I dont think the Browns even knew.

kosar4president
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I think overall Robiskie will be our best receiver, I would look to see the Browns open the offense up at least once every poss. and have Edwards and Massaquoi stretch the field and Robo will be there wide open. He's a hell of a receiver. Just wait and see.

I agree, the Browns were close to taking Pat White from what I was told. I honestly would rather have Robiskie. Great pick. Everyone is saying how our defense was horrible and we needed to work on that. Mangini did an outstanding job addressing that without using a pick. Genious! We also received a guy that is a solid back up to Quinn. Again, without using a pick. Genious! Taking receivers in round two was a great choice. I still can not believe we got David Veikune. Most of you probably did not follow him too much. I had to because I did an article on Hawaii and college football, so I saw David alot. Anyway , Quinn is here to stay. Can I get a WOOHOO!!! Essex Ace?

TheSnowman
04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a problem getting only the 2nd for the Jets to move up in addition to, once again, MORE Jets players. This is getting really strange, Mangini is bringing in so many people from his old team that they can't possibly all be good. I agree about Maualuga, there's something we're not hearing about him, other than his propensity to let a runner slip away by trying to make the big hit. I started a thread about this, as it is NOT the only reason he fell. That's something that can be overcome, and someone would have taken a chance on him if this was his only problem. It's not horrible to add both WRs if we're keeping Quinn--I like adding some options for him, and he should be able to mesh well with at least one of the new guys. I would have liked to see McCoy MUCH more in the 2nd round. If I had to choose one guy to get in there, its him, and I'm really disappointed we didn't take him.

TheSnowman
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
We could have stuck with Masssaquoi or Robiskie and used one or the other to take McCoy, then looked at someone like Ramses Barden later. Now, I think we really need to look at Coffee or Ringer tomorrow, as Shonn Greene will probably go in the 3rd where we don't have a pick.

prodigy
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
My thoughts on all are players we got.

1. elam- young hard hitting play maker. Tends to disappear sometimes, but is a good player.

2. ratliff- A preseason legend lol. Has not thrown a regular season pass yet. But this kid has a arm and can play. If DA is traded like i hope, then he will be a very good backup. Also Only 23.

3. colemen- I'm not sure why we got him. more depth I guess. If someone could give some imformation on him that would be great.

4. mack- The best center in the draft. Could be a brown for a very long time.

5. Robiskie- Grew up in cleveland. Tall with good hands. I think we took him kinda early, But he will be a good player for the browns.

6. massaquoi- another tall WR, drops alot of passes(remind you of anyone). But seems to be a playmaker. If Ewards is gone, then it would make alot more sence.

7. veikune- I don't know much about him. Had 9 sacks, tough kid with ALOT of moves. Mybe he can teach some to wimbley. Blue coller guy, who i think cleveland will love.

BTW- If ewards is not traded, we might have the tallest WR trio. Ewards 6'3, robo 6'3, mass 6'2.

cle12152433
04-25-2009, 11:05 PM
[B]BTW- If ewards is not traded, we might have the tallest WR trio. Ewards 6'3, robo 6'3, mass 6'2.

At least we will be first in something

prodigy
04-25-2009, 11:06 PM
At least we will be first in something

lol, true that...

gobrownsgo66
04-25-2009, 11:13 PM
You know what ... I'm not gonna complain about the selection here.* Sure we could have taken Mccoy but I mean the truth of the matter is that we cannot fulfill ALL of our needs this year.* With Alex Mack now in the fold on our line it should help out our running game and maybe we can squeeze out a quality season from Jamal Lewis.* The way I see it, Mangini has already told himself he would rather adress other needs now and is thinking 1 or 2 years down the road where he can find a stud running back via the draft.*

One last thing I would like to add. I know there will be mixed reactions to this, but
G-Tech's Michael Johnson is still available. Sure, he has consistency issues, but if the price is right, we should consider moving into the third round and giving him a chance. He could play DE or OLB in our 3-4 scheme and would add some much needed depth to our front seven.

mwalluk
04-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Getting a Center (Mack) in the first round was a good safe pick and also it was who the Steelers wanted, so it benefited two ways.

Just to give ya some clarification; The Steelers had Unger and Wood rated higher than Mack. So in actuality we didn't want Mack. Although I did.

prodigy
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Just to give ya some clarification; The Steelers had Unger and Wood rated higher than Mack. So in actuality we didn't want Mack. Although I did.

well mack is better then both those guys.

mwalluk
04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
well mack is better then both those guys.

Mack is the better center, however Wood is the better guard out of all three and Unger has the most versitility which is why the Steelers had him rated the highest. You guys got a solid center (which I wanted) but took him a little early. Also got a greta WR in Robiskie - good character guy, best route runner, team first, good knowledge of the game.

hrtbrokenbrowne
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Well I think Mangini thinks he has been fulfilling our team needs. It is clear based upon our current WR's we need AT LEAST two guys. We do not need a ILB like everybody is clammoring for. I think the WR and C actually is our biggest need. I expect us to pick another CB. I was looking at some video for Massaquoi and was amazed at how many underthrown and errant throws that Stafford made. He put virtually none of the money. This guy looks like he has pretty good hands... but he is strictly a slot receiver. I am thinking Braylon is staying in Cleveland.. he is the only true #1 we have, or are likely to get.

statiusx
04-26-2009, 01:52 AM
These tall wideouts are nice to have. Speed is nice but as long as they jump and hold onto the ball they could be tough to deal with. If between Hubbard and the draft picks one of these guys will be solid!

theBROWNguy
04-26-2009, 02:52 AM
could we still trade BE on sunday? what could we get? i thought he was atleast worth a 1st rounder so would this mean some players in return? kiwi, Smith and a 3rd?

Hermie13
04-27-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not a big fan of the pick.....though with Elam and getting francies later I can live with it.

I was really hoping for Sean Smith here. CB/S tweener. BIG too for a DB. Or another tweener in Sherrod Martin.

But again, I like Elam and Francies (I think he will be a steal for us in the 6th).

I was also kind of hoping for a trade up to land Barwin.....but Veikenue should play well on the outside for us...

DAWGPOUND
04-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Mack is the better center, however Wood is the better guard out of all three and Unger has the most versitility which is why the Steelers had him rated the highest. You guys got a solid center (which I wanted) but took him a little early. Also got a greta WR in Robiskie - good character guy, best route runner, team first, good knowledge of the game.

mwalluk...you must be a Steelers fan or a fan of a team that runs a 3-4

if so...you will appreciate this. The center position over the last 3-4 years has entered the first round. 3-4 defenses are becoming more and more prevalent...In our division with Ngata and Hampton...Centers are a premium

BTW...Atlanta was taking Mack at 24

Hermie13
05-01-2009, 12:47 PM

soo....you were in the draft room with the Steelers? Or are you and Tomlin just super tight buds?

Hermie13
05-01-2009, 12:50 PM
mwalluk...you must be a Steelers fan or a fan of a team that runs a 3-4

if so...you will appreciate this. The center position over the last 3-4 years has entered the first round. 3-4 defenses are becoming more and more prevalent...In our division with Ngata and Hampton...Centers are a premium

BTW...Atlanta was taking Mack at 24

that and I wonder if the Bills would have taken Mack instead of Wood then....

I really think the Steelers dropped the ball with their first pick. Hood could turn out to be solid...but that o-line needs help. Even though Unger is no Mack, they could have used him.....but Unger was so highly rated that he fell to the 40s :p

Essex Ace
05-02-2009, 11:34 AM
that and I wonder if the Bills would have taken Mack instead of Wood then....

I really think the Steelers dropped the ball with their first pick. Hood could turn out to be solid...but that o-line needs help. Even though Unger is no Mack, they could have used him.....but Unger was so highly rated that he fell to the 40s :p

Well Tom "the ******" Brady fell to the 6th round, so just because a guy falls does not mean anything

EastCoastBaller
05-02-2009, 02:56 PM
why draft Robiskie and Muhammad.... when you need more needs.... Muhammad is going to be a bust.... maybe Brian too because Browns are re******....

rhaas74
05-03-2009, 12:02 AM
why draft Robiskie and Muhammad.... when you need more needs.... Muhammad is going to be a bust.... maybe Brian too because Browns are re******....

Says the guy who's team got rated as having the worst draft right along with the Raiders. How bout them girls?