PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups possesses the most Complete Skill-Set

Chronz
04-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Even if you guys dont think hes the 2nd best in the league can we atleast agree no other PG combines shooting (From the Post, MidRange or 3), passing, defense, leadership, and overall efficiency that Chauncey possesses. If there is one let me know.

pd7631
04-25-2009, 05:31 PM
He's a stud. His biggest asset is his size though, that's what gives him an advantage over many other good PG's in the league.

dtmagnet
04-25-2009, 05:42 PM
The thing that impresses me most about him is his pull-up 3's on the fast break, I don't think anyone makes them better than him. And his post-up ability.

superkegger
04-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah, he's such a complete player, and often because he doesn't put up the stats, is overlooked, even though year after year he shows he's the balls.

VCaintdead17
04-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I think he is making a solid case for best point guard in the league right now.

JJ81
04-25-2009, 05:51 PM
He's not the best all round player though

theuuord
04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
he is the most underrated point guard of our generation. without a doubt.

GspLAL
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Agreed, next one that comes to mind is D-will.

juggla53
04-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Hes a fantastic player but id still make CP3 and Deron Williams ahead of him

SwaggaIke
04-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Chauncey is the best playoff point guard in the NBA. None of these other dudes even come close.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Chris Paul is a more complete package today, but yes, Billups has proven he is a playoff player at times, and is such a calming influence on that Denver team. Great trade for them. I know he has a few years left on his deal, and that is why Detroit wanted to shed him, but size and shooting ability don't disappear with age.

Lakersfan2483
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Even if you guys dont think hes the 2nd best in the league can we atleast agree no other PG combines shooting (From the Post, MidRange or 3), passing, defense, leadership, and overall efficiency that Chauncey possesses. If there is one let me know.

Billups has the total package as a point guard, I have him ranked right behind Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Tony Parker.

VCaintdead17
04-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Billups>Parker IMO.

holocaust227
04-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes he is the most complete PG.
CP3 because of his size limits him from posting up.
DWill. I don't know. Something is lacking when I watch him play.

albertc86
04-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Billups and Parker are on the same boat. Neither one of them get much love even though they're great players and in their prime.

In my opinion, Williams is a more complete player than Paul, but Paul is the more complete PG. Although, Williams is a fantastic PG in his own right. I just think Williams is scarier when the game is on the line than Paul is.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Billups and Parker are on the same boat. Neither one of them get much love even though they're great players and in their prime.

In my opinion, Williams is a more complete player than Paul, but Paul is the more complete PG. Although, Williams is a fantastic PG in his own right. I just think Williams is scarier when the game is on the line than Paul is.

good post

Iggz53
04-26-2009, 02:57 AM
i'd take chris paul, deron, and parker over billups anyday. billups is a great pg to have on your team, but he's got a damn good team around him, and he had a damn good team around him in detroit. compare that to what chris paul is doing especially. i'll take the guys that are shooting 50% with more assists over the guy that shoots 42%

GspLAL
04-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Chauncey is the best playoff point guard in the NBA. None of these other dudes even come close.

Yeah I'm sure the finals mvp tony parker doesnt come close...

MrBloop
04-26-2009, 04:40 AM

Alot remains to be seen with the other young guys.

SJSHARKIES
04-26-2009, 04:46 AM
1-Chris Paul
2-Deron Williams
3-Tony Parker
4-Chauncy Billups(but come playoff time he steps his game up to a whole new level, kind of like the Spurs.)

eugene
04-26-2009, 05:16 AM
1-Chris Paul
2-Chauncey Billups
3-Deron Williams

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 06:36 AM
cp3
d-will
billups

azkarraga
04-26-2009, 06:46 AM
right now, the four of them are wonderful players. but billups is the best pg in this playoff series

clehmun
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
billups is a much better defender than CP3, dwill, and tpain. that's half the game already.

DenButsu
04-26-2009, 10:33 AM
As a Nuggets fan, I obviously want them to make a deep run.

But even setting that aside, as a Billups fan I want to see the Nuggets get into the 2nd round and beyond just to see what more he can do in this postseason. It really seems like returning home and getting into the atmosphere of a new team has given him renewed energy, sense of purpose, and intensity. I hope he can maintain it.

m26555
04-26-2009, 10:56 AM
i'd take chris paul, deron, and parker over billups anyday. billups is a great pg to have on your team, but he's got a damn good team around him, and he had a damn good team around him in detroit. compare that to what chris paul is doing especially. i'll take the guys that are shooting 50% with more assists over the guy that shoots 42%
Billups does not have THAT great of a team around him right now. Before the trade, Denver probably wasn't even going to make the playoffs.

fredv
04-26-2009, 11:20 AM
:( Why did the rockets not trade tmac for him this summer :(

fredv
04-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Alot remains to be seen with the other young guys.

Brooks has been playing extremely well in his first playoffs as a starting PG. But Steve Blake isn't such a matchup.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Kidd can pass, rebound, defend, get the mid range, and post up on other PG's too.

mitch91
04-26-2009, 11:32 AM
The thing that impresses me most about him is his pull-up 3's on the fast break, I don't think anyone makes them better than him. And his post-up ability.

off the topic abit but id say nash has a better pull up 3 on the fast break.

billups is showing once again how deadly he is in the playoffs

m26555
04-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Kidd can pass, rebound, defend, get the mid range, and post up on other PG's too.
Kidd has lost two or three steps in every single one of those categories.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Kidd has lost two or three steps in every single one of those categories.

Ya but

Passing:Kidd>Billups
Rebound:Kidd>Billups
Mid-Range:Billups>Kidd
Post-up:Even
3's:Billups>Kidd
Defense:Even

m26555
04-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Ya but

Passing:Kidd>Billups
Rebound:Kidd>Billups
Mid-Range:Billups>Kidd
Post-up:Even
3's:Billups>Kidd
Defense:Even
Post-up and defense even?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Well Billups probably does have defense but they are even in the post-up.

Kidd usually post up to mid range then shoots it. Thats how he usually gets high point.

Billups have defense only because Kidd is 36. But Kidd is still solid and if they were they same age, Kidd would be way better.

JayW_1023
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Kidd in his prime maybe...but not today.

madiaz3
04-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Well Billups probably does have defense but they are even in the post-up.

Kidd usually post up to mid range then shoots it. Thats how he usually gets high point.

Billups have defense only because Kidd is 36. But Kidd is still solid and if they were they same age, Kidd would be way better.

Well they aren't the same age..so Billups is better now.

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
billups is better then kidd

Chronz
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Are we talking about in his prime or now its more of an argument in some stages of their career, but right now Kidd can still defend since he never has to guard PG's anymore and hes improved his 3pt shot considerably now that hes realized everyones been playing him for it for 6 straight years, hes assisted on like 93% of 3pt shots or something, Billups can shoot them at a high rate on his own. Another added element is that when you close hard on either of these 2 shooters, Billups can step in and pop the midrange jumper, Kidd is pretty much useless once you run him off the 3pt line, hes still got some kind of post game but they dont really go to it, not sure how much Chauncey posts but he can if need be. Kidd is a freakishly good rebounder so thats a huge edge in their prime, but in terms of skill its only 1 aspect. Which is why IMPACT trumps Skill, but its a nice gesture to say hes the most complete.

Chronz
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM

When you account for the fact that Billups gets to the line and shoots 3's so well, his TrueShooting% comes out to .595, Chris Paul is at .599. FG% has always done a disservice to Chauncey's game, its a shame so many people feel as you do. CP3 is still greater offensively but hes the best PG in the game, Billups is still ahead of everyone else IMO.

m26555
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Kidd in his prime maybe...but not today.
I don't even think Kidd was a better post player in his prime, to be honest.

AirJordan23
04-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't think he's better than Deron or Billups, more complete maybe. He can impact the game in more ways that they can such as his leadership, clutch play, post up play, shooting from all ranges, passing etc. In terms of talent, ability and being able to carry a team, those guys are better. And one thing that people always bring up to downplay Chauncey is his FG%. It isn't the right stat when looking at Chauncey because he settles for too many 3s which brings his FG% down. FG% favors people would tend to drive more and settle for mid range Js. Chauncey's TS% is really high since it factors his 3 point and FT shooting.

_Sn1P3r_
04-26-2009, 06:45 PM

Yup. I agree with both points. Billups is actually a very interesting player to watch, I enjoyed watching him in the playoffs so far.

JayW_1023
04-26-2009, 06:55 PM
The greatness of Chauncey Billups goes beyond the numbers...he can have games where he is on fire and everyone will be jumping on the Billups-bandwagon afterwards...but even the games where you don't really notice him he still finds ways to make an impact.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2009, 07:29 PM
The greatness of Chauncey Billups goes beyond the numbers...he can have games where he is on fire and everyone will be jumping on the Billups-bandwagon afterwards...but even the games where you don't really notice him he still finds ways to make an impact.

exactly. Where he goes, they win.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Kidd in his prime is better than Billups in his prime, just wanted to throw that out there. Kidd is a top 5 all time PG. I just think he may not get the respect due to no ring, like Stockton did

Chronz
04-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Kidd in his prime is better than Billups in his prime, just wanted to throw that out there. Kidd is a top 5 all time PG. I just think he may not get the respect due to no ring, like Stockton did

I think Billups in his prime is pretty close to Kidd at his. Do you think never winning a title should be held against Kidd?

SwaggaIke
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah I'm sure the finals mvp tony parker doesnt come close...

Uhhh yea, Chauncey has one of those too. A healthy Billups in the playoffs is better than any point guard.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
I think Billups in his prime is pretty close to Kidd at his. Do you think never winning a title should be held against Kidd?

I don't think not winning a title should be held against anyone, since who is around them is just as, if not more so, important. And imo, Kidd was a far more complete point guard. He can play halfcourt, he can run (obviously), he was the best passer in a landslide for a number of years, and a top level defender and rebounder. Billups can outshoot him anyday, but Kidd has him everywhere else. Now, this is younger Jason I am talking about.