PDA

View Full Version : Rondo

brendol
04-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Judging by how he has played during this series, do you think he will be a future allstar, or is it just the bulls atrocious defense that is making him look like an allstar?

Arac
04-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Sure, I'm a Celtics fan.

But yes, he'll be an allstar. Soon, too.

abe_froman
04-25-2009, 03:25 PM
he's a great player,borderline all star(might get there on strength of c's fanbase),he's playing at his ceiling i think..but still one of the better pg in the league right now

dtmagnet
04-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't know, there are a lot of good PG's in the East now such as Devin Harris and Derrick Rose. You think Rondo will be a top 2 or 3 PG in the East? Because generally only 2 sometimes 3 PG's go to the all-star game.

VCaintdead17
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
He won't be a superstar by any means. But I would not be surprised if he made a few all star games.

NYKnickFanatic
04-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Gotta give credit when credit is due, and after watching Rondo play in this series, if he keeps it up, he will definitely be an All-Star.

Chronz
04-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Its more of Derrick Rose not having any defense what so ever than Rondo tearing it up, but yes I do think Rondo will be an All-Star eventually. He was pretty close this year

abe_froman
04-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Its more of Derrick Rose not having any defense what so ever than Rondo tearing it up, but yes I do think Rondo will be an All-Star eventually. He was pretty close this year

its both,rondo isnt bad at all..but yes,rose is absolutely atrocious defensively

albertc86
04-25-2009, 03:59 PM
It's very possible. The eastern conference is weak in PG's. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it next year. Especially, with the natural decline of the big 3 on that team.

Frrrrank!!!
04-25-2009, 04:01 PM
He is playing great right now. It's probably a combination of Rose's D and Rondo's ability. He will make a few all-star games in his career.

superkegger
04-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I think it's a combo of both. Rondo has this odd stigma. He's probably overrated by Celtics fans and underrated by everyone else. He's a very good player, and having a phenomenal series. I think part of it is rose's d is meh, and the bulls don't really have any kind of interior presence or d to stop him either, so it just makes it a cake walk for rondo. And obviously, not just any scrub could do what he's doing, so you have to give him credit for exploiting what's there and being good enough to do so.

fanatic
04-25-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm a die hard bulls fan, and he's the most feared Celtics player in this serious to me. He absolutely changes the game in the Celtics favor. He does it all for them, Penetrates,jumpers, rebounds (Off&Def),defends, pass, gets loose balls, and put our whole team in foul trouble. I hate to say it, but he's definitely made me a believer!!!

sugarrayray
04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
hes still young, has some decision making problems to work on, and his jump shot will only get better, look at how hes played this season, this guy will be a perennial all star in this league, no matter what conference he plays for

Hawkeye15
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
tough one. The Celtics will not be a very good team in a couple of years most likely, at least to the extent that they will demand multiple all stars as the big 3 age (and I am aware of Allen's deal coming off soon, but they are still way high in terms of salary). He will be competing with Harris and Rose as well. But I could for sure see an appearance or two. He is turning into a very, very good guard.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
I think it's a combo of both. Rondo has this odd stigma. He's probably overrated by Celtics fans and underrated by everyone else. He's a very good player, and having a phenomenal series. I think part of it is rose's d is meh, and the bulls don't really have any kind of interior presence or d to stop him either, so it just makes it a cake walk for rondo. And obviously, not just any scrub could do what he's doing, so you have to give him credit for exploiting what's there and being good enough to do so.

I tend to agree with this post, but I do think Rondo is turning into a very good PG

superkegger
04-25-2009, 05:33 PM
I tend to agree with this post, but I do think Rondo is turning into a very good PG

Oh I agree, on second look at my post, I didn't emphasize that enough. Rondo is a hell of a player, and deserves to be recognized as so. I don't think however that he's as good as he's playing in this series. He's probably playing as well as he possibly can at this point, maybe even at his ceiling.

JJ81
04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Meh, it's only in 3 games vs the Bulls.

Bullsfan22
04-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Meh, it's only in 3 games vs the Bulls.

exactly, I hope nobody don't base him off playing the bulls of all teams..

abe_froman
04-25-2009, 05:59 PM
exactly, I hope nobody don't base him off playing the bulls of all teams..

he's been pretty during good regular season