PDA

View Full Version : Langs likely to play in game 6!

friarfan07
04-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Jamie Langenbrunner will probably play in Game 6 on Sunday.

Langenbrunner is reportedly healthy enough to return to the Devils lineup. A healthy Langenbrunner is certainly a big boost to the Devils offense and could prove to be the difference as the Devils try to eliminate the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday. Stay tuned.

-rotoworld

huge news. looks like the candy canes are done in 6.

MonsterZero
04-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Getting Langs back will be huge boost. Let's go Devils finish off the Canes.

DT

Bricklayer
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I think we need our foot soldiers to have a big game, to take the pressure off Parise a bit, guys like John Madden and Bobby Holik. Langenbrunner should provide enough leadership to finish off the Canes.

blueman2424
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm just now tuning into the game with 7:45 remaining (Clarkson's fight just happened). Clearly the game didn't go that well for Langenbrunner, so I have two questions having been unable to watch all of the game and unable to listen to most:

1. How did Langenbrunner do?

2. What went wrong?

Thanks guys, for helping out a displaced Devils fan (in Philadelphia, no less - ugh)...

friarfan07
04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
1. he was quiet, but had some chances. he had a great chance on a 2 on 1, took a rip, and ward made a great save. but yeah, the entire devils offense was on the quiet side, so his play didn't stand out negatively or anything.

2. i think coach sutter put it best in his postgame interview when he said one team played like they didn't have a tomorrow and one team played like they did. usually the team that plays like they do have a tomorrow comes out on the short end of it. that's what happened. they showed zero aggressiveness on the offensive side (no forecheck, no sustained possessions, few shots and scoring chances), and in their defensive zone, the usually solid D was constantly out-hustled by the cane offense. and, what's worse and more unusual, i'd say i saw a good 5 sloppy turnovers back there with at least a few resulting in scoring chances for the canes (one resulted in an eric staal goal).

all in all, a pathetic display for a team that should be playing like they know what's at stake.

however, carolina has recently been a very worthy adversary, especially when the games are at the RBC center. now that it's all on the line, and we have home ice, AND cam ward just shut us out, i expect us to come out like wildfire.

no reason to think we can't win this game and win it convincingly. we're healthy, and now, like carolina in game 6, we too are a desperate team.