PDA

View Full Version : The Official Refereeing and Officiating Thread

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
04-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Since mostly every fan base complains about officiating after every close loss, we will just dedicate this thread to complaints about the officiating in games.

luckynumber_752
04-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Since mostly every fan base complains about officiating after every close loss, we will just dedicate this thread to complaints about the officiating in games.

Sweet. Hey refs..... How come u didn't teach Nate how to coach and teach Travis how to shoot. Lol. Horrible officiating on both sides in game 3. I aint gonna blame it on the refs. I got alot more people ahead in line.

Kyle N.
04-25-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm not targeting one specific game, but I have been noticing a lack of the traveling call.

luckynumber_752
04-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Don't get me wrong though. Great thread. I'll hit it up next season. But right now, it's the playoffs..... There's no room for complaining here.

luckynumber_752
04-25-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm not targeting one specific game, but I have been noticing a lack of the traveling call.

In the playoffs or in your entire life? C'mon, the game nowadays is like southwest airlines.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-25-2009, 01:28 AM
refs give too much credit to flopers.

i dont how a game as fast and crazy as hockey can have a penalty for diving and then basketball cant have some kind of foul for flopping.

watching the cavs pistons game was awful. it was a flop fest back and forth and the refs kept falling for it.

luckynumber_752
04-25-2009, 01:32 AM
refs give too much credit to flopers.

i dont how a game as fast and crazy as hockey can have a penalty for diving and then basketball cant have some kind of foul for flopping.

watching the cavs pistons game was awful. it was a flop fest back and forth and the refs kept falling for it.

Totally agreed!

BenFrank
04-25-2009, 01:37 AM
The Officiateing has been so bad, I have been thinking about going to college to be a referee.. it's time for some of there old.. blind @$$e$ to retire

luckynumber_752
04-25-2009, 02:47 AM
The Officiateing has been so bad, I have been thinking about going to college to be a referee.. it's time for some of there old.. blind @$$e$ to retire

True, true..... Please do!!!

JordansBulls
04-25-2009, 02:30 PM

In what game?

Kyle N.
04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
In the playoffs or in your entire life? C'mon, the game nowadays is like southwest airlines.

Well yeah, but I'm talking WAY MORE than usual. If you can believe that.

luckynumber_752
04-25-2009, 06:12 PM
^ Yeah... I hear ya.

VCaintdead17
04-25-2009, 06:26 PM
The refs seem to call 3 second violations when they please.

TYoung21
04-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Who's paying the refs that are reffing the Magic games?

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Who's paying the refs that are reffing the Magic games?

their make calls against both teams to disrupt the flow of the offense

Tblaze
04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I haven't liked the officiating in the Blazers-Rockets series so far. Too many flops being credited on both sides.. To inconsistent foul calls.. Weird nocalls.. Just bad reffing overall. Not going to blame any losses on it though.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM
The refs seem to call 3 second violations when they please.

we have a winner!

those 3 second calls are rediculous. even in that massacre the Celtics put on the Bulls, i swear they called 3 seconds on the Celtics at every opportunity.

I almost want them to do away with the rule bc it is so inconsistently called.

Teufelshunde4
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
NBA officials have the toughest job without a doubt. But they make life hard for fans for a single reason. Superstar calls.........
If your an All-Star you get calls and non-calls no one else gets ever.
The more All-Stars you have on a team the more calls your gonna get.

See Celtics and Lakers.... No offense to anyone but the Celtics play just like the Early to Mid 90's Knicks teams except they have 3 bonifide All-Star offensive players. And who was a starting PG on those teams? Doc Rivers thats who..

Honestly I cant sit and watch a lot of NBA basketball anymore due to the inconsistant play by underskilled players with huge ego's and horrible calls on the avg player who makes a good play once in awhile but because it was a superstar its a foul or non-call.

The last decade of the NBA is dead whale on the beach that people might look at once in awhile.

Wanna see some sports with athletes who care about their sport and bother to learn to play it the right way? Go watch football or baseball.

pd7631
04-26-2009, 09:22 PM
If Dwight Howard has to make any sort of post move other than a running hook, he travels.....it never gets called.....watch him play sometime and you'll see what I mean. And that's all I've got to say about that.

JordansBulls
04-27-2009, 08:36 AM
we have a winner!

those 3 second calls are rediculous. even in that massacre the Celtics put on the Bulls, i swear they called 3 seconds on the Celtics at every opportunity.

I almost want them to do away with the rule bc it is so inconsistently called.

I never saw a 3 seconds in that game.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
the one MAJOR mistake the NBA makes and this isnt the refs fault (I guess), is that they assign referrees with known bad history against certain teams. Every team has their stories.

for the Celtics, bavetta is an absolute killer of the Celtics as well the ref from sundays game, Kennedy. both of these guys should never do a Celtics game. its no coincidence that every game that gets out of control with the Celtics involves these 2. this other guy salvadore is awful as well.

as i mentioned yesterday, I have never watched a game and be so clueless as to what a foul is. i have seen very poorly reffed games. and i mean awful games, but yesterday i couldnt complain bc i had no idea what should or shouldnt be called according to these guys. for the same team, they would allow a freaken wrestling match downlow and then call a foul for a questionable reach in. its like some parts of the game was a Big East game and then became a Pac 10 game.

for the Spurs, its joey crawford. if he does a Spurs game, that is negligence on the part of the NBA.

some refs just need to be fired and are too old.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-27-2009, 08:38 AM
I never saw a 3 seconds in that game.

1st quarter. they called plenty of em.

zambo4president
04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Bulls have to beat refs and Boston

BTownTeamsRKing
04-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Bulls have to beat refs and Boston

o really? check this:

An NBA source pointed out before the Bulls-Celtics game that two of the referees were Chicago natives (Bill Kennedy and Dan Crawford). Kennedy also was involved in an incident with Rivers during the Bulls' St. Patrick's Day win in which both were fined by the league for jawing. The source also said that after the game family members of both referees departed wearing Bulls gear. (Boston Globe)

seriously NBA, seriously? u seriously let kennedy ref a Celtics game in the playoffs after what happened last time he and Doc met. Not only that, U thought it was brilliant to have him ref a FRIGIN BULLS GAME as well. for real NBA, was this a cruel joke to Boston fans?

soo u let a ref that had beef with the other team's coach, is from chicago, and allowed him to ref a game with the same match up as last the time kennedy and Doc had issues. u let this guy ref a playoff game in chicago.

nice judgement on the part of the NBA. commendable job. wat a bunch of senseless idiots. this league is run so poorly compared to every other sport. u fine the ref for the issue and hen u do this. morons. bad enough he hates Doc, but he is also from Chicago. wow.

I cannot believe they would allow this. on second thought i can sadly.

edit: well this explains my earlier post. it really says a lot. F U kennedy. burn in hell.

Frrrrank!!!
04-27-2009, 01:09 PM
o really? check this:

An NBA source pointed out before the Bulls-Celtics game that two of the referees were Chicago natives (Bill Kennedy and Dan Crawford). Kennedy also was involved in an incident with Rivers during the Bulls' St. Patrick's Day win in which both were fined by the league for jawing. The source also said that after the game family members of both referees departed wearing Bulls gear. (Boston Globe)

seriously NBA, seriously? u seriously let kennedy ref a Celtics game in the playoffs after what happened last time he and Doc met. Not only that, U thought it was brilliant to have him ref a FRIGIN BULLS GAME as well. for real NBA, was this a cruel joke to Boston fans?

soo u let a ref that had beef with the other team's coach, is from chicago, and allowed him to ref a game with the same match up as last the time kennedy and Doc had issues. u let this guy ref a playoff game in chicago.

nice judgement on the part of the NBA. commendable job. wat a bunch of senseless idiots. this league is run so poorly compared to every other sport. u fine the ref for the issue and hen u do this. morons. bad enough he hates Doc, but he is also from Chicago. wow.

I cannot believe they would allow this. on second thought i can sadly.

edit: well this explains my earlier post. it really says a lot. F U kennedy. burn in hell.

That is so sketchy.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
That is so sketchy.

no id say they are doing a good job since the donaghy incident with legitimizing the games. on second thought, this couldnt be any more sketchy. sucks i love this game and Celtics too much. so i keep watching.

MPScribbles
04-30-2009, 06:59 AM
How the hell is d wade blocking a shot from behind and getting some body contact in the process a flagrant foul but Rondo pimp slaping brad miller causing the man's tooth to break the skin to the point that he needs stitches not a flagrant? I know it has been said before but NBA refs suck. What should be or even can be done about the horribly inconsistent officiating in these games?

GspLAL
04-30-2009, 07:02 AM
What else is new...seriously that was just a terrible call.

Kyben36
04-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Well, 1st, I didnt see it so Was he going for the ball, I know Ive been called for a Flagrant, but realy I just fake going for the ball. It does seem bull if he was actualy going for the block and got a Flagrant, and Rondo gets away with murder on the last play of the game.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-30-2009, 07:55 AM
horrendous call. if Evans doesnt wanna fall hard dont attempt a dunk on Wade. Wade blocked it clean.

prodigy
04-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Well, 1st, I didnt see it so Was he going for the ball, I know Ive been called for a Flagrant, but realy I just fake going for the ball. It does seem bull if he was actualy going for the block and got a Flagrant, and Rondo gets away with murder on the last play of the game.

Wade got all ball, But his body did hit the other guys. No way its a flagrant. Would not have mattered anyway, the heat are not very good.

tdunk21
04-30-2009, 08:26 AM
How the hell is d wade blocking a shot from behind and getting some body contact in the process a flagrant foul but Rondo pimp slaping brad miller causing the man's tooth to break the skin to the point that he needs stitches not a flagrant? I know it has been said before but NBA refs suck. What should be or even can be done about the horribly inconsistent officiating in these games?

wade should have been called for just a foul since he clearly was goin for the ball...whereas rondo should have got the flagrant since he was goin for miller's head......refs suck big time..

Hellcrooner
04-30-2009, 08:31 AM
This is called " god forbid that we end up with a finals of no fan teams that would lead to no share ratings in tv so we have to ensure its Lakers vs Celtics or Cavs finals" way of oficiating.
David stern rule book #1

hawksfactor
04-30-2009, 08:56 AM
horrendous call. if Evans doesnt wanna fall hard dont attempt a dunk on Wade. Wade blocked it clean.

Wade didn't even touch the ball. I don't see how you can block a ball if you never touch it, but maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:

DrDEADalready
04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Nba is Fixed.

broncsnugzbrave
04-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I felt last night in the second quarter that the refs were trying to keep NO in the game vs Denver. Not complaining because we still won in the end but it just seemed as though there were alot of calls that were suspect in a 5 minute span to try and keep NO in the game.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Wade got all ball, But his body did hit the other guys. No way its a flagrant. Would not have mattered anyway, the heat are not very good.

o man, i agree with prodigy. completely. :speechless:

tr4shb0t
04-30-2009, 09:48 AM
I felt last night in the second quarter that the refs were trying to keep NO in the game vs Denver. Not complaining because we still won in the end but it just seemed as though there were alot of calls that were suspect in a 5 minute span to try and keep NO in the game.

This is really common actually. I can't comment about that game in particular, but refs like to keep losing teams close at bay so their fans keep watching. This way the games have more viewers and the NBA makes money, plus it makes fans of the losing team feel a little worse and they come back and back. I mean, how many NO fans do you think were watching the last quarter of that 58pt blowout game? That's money lost.

king4day
04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
ESPN radio on SIRIUS a couple days ago had a debate going for, 'would you rather refs call games lighter the entire way' (as we currently see a drop off in fouls on big plays like the last Boston/Chicago game) or 'call it tight all the way through' (including fouls on superstars and even if there's .1 seconds left in the game, a foul to the home team would get called).

It was a good debate and it's obvious it should be called tight the entire way.
Refs fear that THEIR name will be the one talked about regarding a call that could have gone either way.

If replay is going to be added for buzzer beating shots, then there should be replay for hard fouls that are being challenged to be called Flagrant and so forth.

king4day
04-30-2009, 11:23 AM
There should be 4 refs per game. One in each corner to have all angles covered.

JordansBulls
05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Nba is Fixed.

How so?

Afridi786
05-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Officiating was solid tonight in the Celtic and Bulls game.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-01-2009, 01:09 AM
cant believe how GOOD the reffing was tonight. im shocked. completely speechless at how well they did.

RollinDeep
05-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Sometimes I don't even think it's refs favoring one team as it is just horrible inconsistency. It's like the ref's are paid per minute the game is going so the try to keep the flow from getting too good.

Great example with inconsistency is the 3 second violation.

gswlal
05-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Monta fouled last seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piHxZ42ILtA
<br>
Maggette travels about 8 times in one play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_ljDfevB0
<br>
Tim Duncan gets a tf foul for laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1Wz5JQEz8
<br>
Refs throw away the 2002 western confence finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rAT3roUSk
<br>
Kobe cant get a call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rl4-7YtXo&feature=related
<br>
Lebron travels vs Wiazards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbM6uuCt74&feature=related
<br>
Refs hating on Yao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OtiNEEkHo0
No foul call on melo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Iv8sMiYgI
:mad:

gswlal
05-14-2009, 11:23 PM
what yall think?

ManRam
05-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Who cares? It's part of the game. Refs are human. It evens out over time. Refs don't have vendettas against teams or players. Getting worked up about officiating is a waste of energy.

IRUAM #21
05-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Waaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cwilson21
05-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I love the Maggette traveling. Classic.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 12:08 AM
NBA: "where 105 year old dick bavetta happens."

i trully wonder what the Celtics all time record is when this guy does their games. I can't remember the last time he reffed a game the Celtics actually won.

nba got an age limit on players entering the game. put one in for refs leaving the game. get this clown outa here.

STAT1
05-15-2009, 12:19 AM
the maggette one is hilarious. the lebron one is because hes the NBAs golden child. watching it back he might have even shot it when he landed too

but its the NBA where siht happens

BTownTeamsRKing
05-15-2009, 12:22 AM
some refs are completely inept and i agree with one of the youtube comments.

"this ref should do us a favor and jump off a bridge for the sake of humanity and basketball."

-magette video WOW

KB24PG16
05-15-2009, 12:37 AM
officiating sucks dick kobe gotta t for no reason right in front of stern this playoffs officiating ive seen since i started watching the nba

gswlal
05-15-2009, 07:40 PM
u can tell when the refs are scared to ref at utah lol

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 07:43 PM

You're starting to look like a Rockets fan now, Ron Artest sig (I ignore the phrase about Miami after it, they have Blount, they need nothing else) with a Rocket's fan's quote also. Excellent.

Oh and ref's suck. But it's because when they are in their prime they have to work like high school and college... by the time they get to the NBA they are senile and fall asleep for 18 out of the 24 seconds on the shot clock.

Vinny642
05-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Kobe didnt deserve the T but Laker fans can't say CP complains about anything because thats all Kobe was doing. He always does it.

still1ballin
05-15-2009, 09:02 PM

skad000sh

IRUAM #21
05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
You're starting to look like a Rockets fan now, Ron Artest sig (I ignore the phrase about Miami after it, they have Blount, they need nothing else) with a Rocket's fan's quote also. Excellent.
Oh and ref's suck. But it's because when they are in their prime they have to work like high school and college... by the time they get to the NBA they are senile and fall asleep for 18 out of the 24 seconds on the shot clock.
I love you

skad000sh

Yeah

Reyes6
05-15-2009, 11:59 PM
<3

No homo.

championships
05-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Who cares? It's part of the game. Refs are human. It evens out over time. Refs don't have vendettas against teams or players. Getting worked up about officiating is a waste of energy.

No, They just have big money on the games that they're officiating. Just like that ref a couple of years ago. I can't remember his name.:confused:

IRUAM #21
05-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Tim Donaghy

championships
05-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Tim Donaghy

Thats it, Thanks:up:

Reyes6
05-16-2009, 12:47 AM
I think David Stern should just take out the middleman and be a referee. Those stripes would be slimming... Oh and I just watched that 2002 Kings-Lakers and then went on the guys profile and saw Deja Vu and Deja Vu 2 with the Rockets-Lakers. It was pretty awesome, because I am pumped now.

Either way Crawford needs to stop reffing poorly.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-16-2009, 12:51 AM
Tim Donaghy

his partner: dick bavetta

sorry im venting. hate that prick.

JordansBulls
05-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Figured we will here complaining from here thru the finals about the officiating.

Frank Costanza
05-21-2009, 01:30 PM
NBA is the worst officiated sport in north america

basketball has the most lop sided, "star calls" different calls for different folks, in consistency all over the place

true "block-charge tough call
out of bounds tough call

fouls though should have consistency

lakersrock
05-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost every single game I've watched has been one sided. The worst obviously being that game against Dallas. It's like they'll allow one team to play extremely physical and the other team can't even breathe without fouling.

what54!?
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
the officating on game 2 in the WCF was garbage on both sides

Fool
05-21-2009, 11:59 PM
JR Smith, clearly in the jump circle before the ball was tipped. :pity:

lakerboy
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't mind the fouls but that thing with JR Smith was ****ing awful.

kantiiii23
05-22-2009, 12:16 AM
NBA is the worst officiated sport in north america

basketball has the most lop sided, "star calls" different calls for different folks, in consistency all over the place

fouls though should have consistency

tell that to kobe bryant. he gets absolutely no help from those three prick blind mices:mad:

lakerboy
05-22-2009, 12:22 AM
In the final minute there were 3 referees all focused on the jumpball and NOBODY saw JR Smith ran through the middle of the circle. HOW THE HELL DO YOU MISS THAT?

Wilson
05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Tim Donaghy

The quote in your sig is awesome :laugh2:

the officating on game 2 in the WCF was garbage on both sides

Agreed. Denver shot 37 free throws, whilst LA took 35. That's way too many foul calls, they should just allow the physical play.

IBleedPurple
05-22-2009, 10:54 AM
The JR Smith missed call wasn't the only one. It was a very poorly officated game in general, and I thought some of the plays that weren't called were more of a foul than the plays that were. If that makes any sense...

ManRam
05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Last night's game was a consistently poorly officiated game. It was consistent though, and anyone in the NBA will tell you all they ask for is consistency. They allowed a ton of contact all game in the paint, they didn't allow much on isolations and one-on-one defense. They didn't allow a lot of the position battling down low to happen and were quick to blow the whistle on defenders for battling the guys they were battling.

The JR Smith call was horrible...no doubt. They missed it. It wasn't a conspiracy, they just missed it. But it wasn't the only bad play, and it certainly doesn't negate the bad calls that hurt the Nuggets, particularly early on in the game. For every bad call against the Lakers, there was a bad call against the Nuggets. That's how it works usually. That's how it worked last night.

Again, it was a consistently poorly officiated game. Can't blame the refs for the outcome.

ldawg
05-22-2009, 02:02 PM
If the Cavs win it all this year I will stop watching basketball. It would remind me of the day i found out wrestling was fake a sport i no longer watch. Its no secret Lebron Get Phantom calls when he goes to the lane. But if Thats what the nba is trying to sell they will not get a penny from me. It might have been going on for years but new technology makes it easy for the viewer to see. Lebron is an the road to be the best player in this game but he is not there yet not with this current team. for example game one vs magic Howard was keeping Magic in the game even thou cavs were playing great so what happens next? howard got 3 phamtom calls so he had to sit the 3rd one was so funny he was not even close to lebron, Lucky for magic Turkalo and Lewis found there game to save the the night. the ref tried their best the give cavs the game but magic took it. I like lebron but it seem to be every time i turn around the nba is trying to force lebron down my troat that i hate give him time he will get there.

carter15
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
i actually thought the game was very well officiated.

Missing56&33
05-22-2009, 02:06 PM
:pity: FAIL

theuuord
05-22-2009, 02:08 PM
thank god. the NBA doesn't need fair weather conspiracy theory fans like you anyway.

good riddance.

ManRam
05-22-2009, 02:09 PM
i actually thought the game was very well officiated.

Agreed. If anything, the only problems with the officiating were fouls on Dwight. LeBron got one bad call in his favor IMO...and I'm a Magic fan, not a bias LeBron lover.

:pity: FAIL

Agreed. Every team's best player gets calls. It's because they have the ball the most in their hands, because they are the most aggressive players and are always attacking the rim (who attacks the rim more than LeBron and Wade) and because they are the best at drawing fouls.

This is quite possibly the worst thread ever created.

ldawg
05-22-2009, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=ManRamForPrez24;9559453]Agreed. If anything, the only problems with the officiating were fouls on Dwight. LeBron got one bad call in his favor IMO...and I'm a Magic fan, not a bias LeBron lover.

Agreed. Every team's best player gets calls. It's because they have the ball the most in their hands, because they are the most aggressive players and are always attacking the rim (who attacks the rim more than LeBron and Wade) and because they are the best at drawing fouls.

This is quite possibly the worst thread ever created.[/QUOTE

Hey If you are a Mavs fan the year Miami won Mavs in the finnals, when dirk was being mugged in the lane no call than wade goes in there peep. what the ___ is that? I know the team best player get the calls so why did howard pick up a charge when verga or what ever floop? aint Howard The star? my point is it seem like they help the team they want win.

2Jiggy4u
05-22-2009, 02:25 PM
WCF game 2 was horrible! Both sides have legit beef's

ManRam
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey If you are a Mavs fan the year Miami won Mavs in the finnals, when dirk was being mugged in the lane no call than wade goes in there peep. what the ___ is that? I know the team best player get the calls so why did howard pick up a charge when verga or what ever floop? aint Howard The star? my point is it seem like they help the team they want win.

Verga??? Seriously??

That's one play. Refs are humans. They have eyes...not cameras. They can't see every play from the angles we do, or with replay, or by slowing things down. They are going to make mistakes, probably around 10 or so a game. That's not because the game is fixed, it's because they are human.

Howard goes to the line more than anyone in the league, he gets enough calls. Sure Dirk got "mugged" a few times, but I for one don't think that series was poorly officiated. Wade was just a monster. Dirk is not. Wade attacks the hoop, trying to draw contact, Dirk doesn't. Is there anything wrong with a player who aggressively attacks the hoop looking for contact? No, nothing at all. That's why Kobe LeBron and Wade get a ton of calls. Because they are the best. Not because the refs love them, or because the league is fixed, it's because they know what they're doing, and always have the ball in their hands.

Legitimate
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
This is coming from a Lebron James fan. I even own a LBJ jersey from his rookie season. I have the similiar feelings as Ldawg, I feel that the NBA has become more of a soap opera and a beauty pagent over the past 3-4 years. I'm don't believe in any conspiracy, but this is more of a fact than that. I don't know...it just ruins my experience for the NBA knowing that the players can't just go out on the court and let the refs fairly officiate a game.

It doesn't take a scientist to know the reasons why these factors play an important role in a game. The NBA gots to control its marketing and inflow of money, thus doing what ever it can to do so. It's a very large company worth a ton of money...

avsman05
05-22-2009, 08:22 PM
ldawg

I started laughing when i read that, but i will start using the word floop to replace flop. Good find.

KB24PG16
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
**** refs

sphinxvc
05-22-2009, 11:41 PM
**** David Stern.

Fool
05-23-2009, 09:45 PM
obvious goal tend... :pity:

Wilson
05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
The refs are taking over the Western Finals again. Half way through the game and Denver have shot 20 free throws, the Lakers 17. They shouldn't be shooting that much more than that for the entire game!

*Superman*
05-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Magic Vs. Cavs...(refs)

Kakaroach
05-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Missed flagrant on Dahntay Jones pushing Kobe in the back. :pity:

lakersrock
05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Let me guess...Smith didn't hit Kobe in the chest on that shot?

Wilson
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Sorry to harp on about this, but the refs are holding this Western Conference Finals series back. Here are the free throw numbers from the first three games:

Game one: 59 (Lakers: 24 Nuggets: 35)
Game two: 72 (Lakers: 35 Nuggets: 37)
Game three: 76 (Lakers: 45 Nuggets: 31)

It seems like each team is in the penalty with six minutes left in every quarter. If both teams are playing physical, why not just let them play?

Also, what was up with game three? Kleiza get's a tech for absolutely nothing, but then the player (forget who it was) pushes Kobe in the back on a lay-up attempt, which is clearly a flagrant, but they just call it a two shot foul?

A lot of the time you can tell if an officiating crew clearly favours one side over an other, but in this series so far, the refs don't seem to have a clue what they're doing.

kswissdaf
05-24-2009, 11:32 PM
The NBA is becoming a joke. I know Cavs fans are going to say "all stars get the calls going their way" but i have never seen any thing more despicable in sports then the way Lebron gets fouled every time there is any contact and even when there isnt any contact I mean its just sad and unfair. Did you see the foul they called against D Howard on the Lebron shot?

Zefflin
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
I love it even better when he barrels down the lane out of control into somebody and 90% of the time it's a blocking foul...that's even fairerer.

kswissdaf
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow Lebron scored 41 points and was 11/27 from the field i mean this is just to funny

I looking forward to watch ESPN when they say Lebron dominated this game

carter15
05-24-2009, 11:40 PM
cmon guys when a guy as big, strong and good as lebron goes down the lane ppl have no choice but to foul him and the refs have no choice but to call it.

other teams cud just let him walk through for layups and then hed have 50 points on 25-40 shooting or wtv with no FT's....but they g2 foul....i dont get what ppl are complaining about....thats what happens when u attack the rim....u get free throws.

Havoc Wreaker
05-24-2009, 11:42 PM
The NBA is becoming a joke. I know Cavs fans are going to say "all stars get the calls going their way" but i have never seen any thing more despicable in sports then the way Lebron gets fouled every time there is any contact and even when there isnt any contact I mean its just sad and unfair. Did you see the foul they called against D Howard on the Lebron shot?

Check that. The NBA IS a Joke

I'm glad that it looks like the Lebron vs Kobe series will not happen :clap:

montazingmvp
05-24-2009, 11:43 PM
cmon guys when a guy as big, strong and good as lebron goes down the lane ppl have no choice but to foul him and the refs have no choice but to call it.

other teams cud just let him walk through for layups and then hed have 50 points on 25-40 shooting or wtv with no FT's....but they g2 foul....i dont get what ppl are complaining about....thats what happens when u attack the rim....u get free throws.

if he was any other guy, he would be called for charges at a much higher rate

KB24PG16
05-24-2009, 11:44 PM
refs sucks but its apart of the game i guess just have to play through it

29$JerZ
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
It sucks but be glad your up 2-1.

Kakaroach
05-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Move this to the Official Ref Complaining Thread please. Look at the stickies.

But yea, these conference finals have been officiated pretty strangely and badly.

kswissdaf
05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Just to clarify im not a Magic Fan so im not saying this out of anger i really dont care who wins

ATL_Representa
05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
And people say this dude is the best..LMAO i knew that horrible jumpshot would come back!!!!

kswissdaf
05-24-2009, 11:54 PM
I think more and more ppl are going to realize the refs are constantly on Lebron's balls

Torque
05-24-2009, 11:58 PM

I agree with you bro, its pathetic.

tr4shb0t
05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
They need to make him look good because he is the mvp. If the mvp only scored 6 points and had 20 turnovers from charging and traveling and shot 3% from the field it would look really bad, so they just send him to the line to get free points. I will vomit for a week if the Cavs have their hand held into the finals. Please earn it if it happens.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
the foul on that 3 pt shot was awful. lebron lowers his shoulders in the lane and always gets the call. i cant respect half of his stats bc they are just free throws.

cavs = 1 man team. proven for anyone that doesnt know it.

IndyRealist
05-25-2009, 12:00 AM

That's the point. You're assuming since Lebron barrels into the lane, that the other team can't do anything but foul. The refs are assuming the same thing, and that's why he gets so many foul calls.

If they actually called the fouls like they're supposed to, he'd go to the line far less, he'd foul out of more games, and Dwight Howard wouldn't have fouled out of game 3 on a bogus shooting foul. It was a completely clean block, but because it was Lebron they just assumed Dwight would have to foul him to get a piece of the ball. If the ref doesn't see it, he's not supposed to call it. Not the other way around.

kswissdaf
05-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Were r the Cavs fans i seriously want to know what they think

BigEric
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
I always stick up for Lebron in Kobe vs Lebron arguements, but I will not here. Kobe, not as much as Lebron and Wade. Wade and Lebron KNOW what they are doing when they attack the rim. They are so strong and quick that they can get by defenders most of the time, and when they can't they either barrel the defender over, or act like they were hit. They play it like a boys game. Mike didn't play this way, that is why he is the best ever. THE best ever. He earned everything. These guys take advantage of the calls that they get. It's just ugly to watch.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
That's the point. You're assuming since Lebron barrels into the lane, that the other team can't do anything but foul. The refs are assuming the same thing, and that's why he gets so many foul calls.

If they actually called the fouls like they're supposed to, he'd go to the line far less, he'd foul out of more games, and Dwight Howard wouldn't have fouled out of game 3 on a bogus shooting foul. It was a completely clean block, but because it was Lebron they just assumed Dwight would have to foul him to get a piece of the ball. If the ref doesn't see it, he's not supposed to call it. Not the other way around.

this man got BINGO. perfectly put.

DubsFan
05-25-2009, 12:14 AM
You people are so idiotic, is Lebron James the only one that gets special treatment from the officials? Hell no. Kobe Bryant gets any call he wants, same goes with Wade, Ming, and every other franchise player. Get over it, thats the way the league is and as everybody should know, one player cannot win you a championship so even if one person gets special treatment but loses, does it really matteR? no, unfair yes, but if your the better team then you shouldn't be worrying bout it.

Brooke
05-25-2009, 12:17 AM
You people are so idiotic, is Lebron James the only one that gets special treatment from the officials? Hell no. Kobe Bryant gets any call he wants, same goes with Wade, Ming, and every other franchise player.

Kobe gets any call he wants? Now that is funny. I watch every Laker game and that couldnt be farther from the truth

if LeBron got hacked like Kobe does it would be automatic

lakersrock
05-25-2009, 12:18 AM

Are you serious? He was bent all the way over and his shoulder hit the guy in the STOMACH. Last time I checked, leading with your shoulder is a charge.....well, unless you're named LeBron.

IndyRealist
05-25-2009, 12:20 AM
You people are so idiotic, is Lebron James the only one that gets special treatment from the officials? Hell no. Kobe Bryant gets any call he wants, same goes with Wade, Ming, and every other franchise player. Get over it, thats the way the league is and as everybody should know, one player cannot win you a championship so even if one person gets special treatment but loses, does it really matteR? no, unfair yes, but if your the better team then you shouldn't be worrying bout it.

Yao (his last name is Yao, not Ming) does not get any call he wants. He fouls out of games, he gets frustrated for being called on fouls that for anyone else would be ticky-tack and let go, but he's 7'6" and so it's a foul. Every franchise player does not get these calls, it's specifically Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc. The extremely marketable wing players. It gives certain teams an unfair advantage. I'm assuming that you wouldn't care if your team's opponent was given an extra 3-7pts in a game that mattered?

lakersrock
05-25-2009, 12:20 AM

Is that why Hubie Brown routinely bashes the refs when he watches a Lakers game? He always gets on the refs for not calling contact in the lane. Compared to LeBron, Kobe is LUCKY to get a call.

BigEric
05-25-2009, 12:25 AM
All of these poster boys of the NBA get ticky tack fouls called in their favor. The NBA needs to take a look into making the league tougher. No more ticky tack crap.

sp1derm00
05-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Anyone who says Kobe gets the same special treatment Lebron gets probably doesn't watch Laker games.

rhaas74
05-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Ok I am a Cav fan and that foul was bogus. I will admit that. But I find it down right laughable that Magic fans are complaining about the fouls when almost every single close call was going there way tonight. Anytime Dwight got touched underneath he was sent to the line. And then to top it off Mo was getting thrown to the floor constantly in front of the refs with no fouls called. Or the fact that Dwight threw an elbow after already having one technical foul. This was well after the whistle was blown, so it was not in the middle of the game. He should have been given his second T and had to leave the game. And that would have given him 6 for the post-season, 1 away from a suspension.

This was hands down the worst officiated game I have seen a very long time. Congrats on the gift wrapped win.

tr4shb0t
05-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Ok I am a Cav fan and that foul was bogus. I will admit that. But I find it down right laughable that Magic fans are complaining about the fouls when almost every single close call was going there way tonight. Anytime Dwight got touched underneath he was sent to the line. And then to top it off Mo was getting thrown to the floor constantly in front of the refs with no fouls called. Or the fact that Dwight threw an elbow after already having one technical foul. This was well after the whistle was blown, so it was not in the middle of the game. He should have been given his second T and had to leave the game. And that would have given him 6 for the post-season, 1 away from a suspension.

This was hands down the worst officiated game I have seen a very long time. Congrats on the gift wrapped win.

LOL you are right about one thing: this game was horribly officiated. But, you are blind if you can't see everything was in Cavs' favor. Dwight played for like 20 minutes because the only time Lebron can score is when Dwight is put in foul trouble. Magic are a bad matchup for the Cavs...sorry.

Havoc Wreaker
05-25-2009, 01:28 AM

:laugh2:

Yeah....No

*Superman*
05-25-2009, 01:37 AM

LMAO! Wow go back and watch the game. You want a T on Howard when his elbow din't even touch Mo. What about when Mo threw the ball at him in game 2? How about its a automatic foul when someone comes 4inches within lebron. How about the goaltend on lebron. And they were fouling dwight on purpose buddy. They thought he would miss but he dominated at the line.

Dont be mad that even with the refs help you can't win.

ATL_Representa
05-25-2009, 01:37 AM
You will never see a performance from kobe like you saw from lebron 2night..Dude missed 5 free throws in the 4th to go along with a couple turnovers..Then his jumpshot was back how it normally is which is average at best..But people say lebron is the best..It makes me so mad..

NJrockPD
05-25-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm still sour about the Bulls getting robbed.

rhaas74
05-25-2009, 10:14 AM
LMAO! Wow go back and watch the game. You want a T on Howard when his elbow din't even touch Mo. What about when Mo threw the ball at him in game 2? How about its a automatic foul when someone comes 4inches within lebron. How about the goaltend on lebron. And they were fouling dwight on purpose buddy. They thought he would miss but he dominated at the line.

Dont be mad that even with the refs help you can't win.

That one on Mo should have been a T, I never said it shouldn't. But when you throw an elbow well after the play, whether you connect or not, is a T. If you connect that to the head, which is where it was headed, is a Flagrant 2, which means he would get tossed and then suspended for the next game. On top of that, he could have easily gotten a T along with Andy when they were jawing back and forth at eachother. And LeBron got called for the goaltending, not like he got away with it. And if you are taking about the chase down block go back and take a look at it. He got the ball before it was in the cylinder and the ball was not on a descent yet, which means it is a clean block.

So you can go ahead and complain about the refs when the Cavs had 10 more fouls called on them sending the Magic to the line 16 more times than the Cavs.

Lebrick James
05-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Sad part is the Cavs commited about 30 more fouls than Orlando.... Lebron gets so many calls go his way. He misses a shot, TWEEEEEEEEEEET, whistle, musta been a foul if Lebron the God missed right?

king2218
05-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Game 3 of the Cleveland/Orlando Series was one of the worst officiated games in recent memorySeems to me that every time Lebron drives toward the hoop, it’s a foul. He lowers his shoulder into the defender and its considered a blocking foul, when in reality it’s a charge.

It is generally accepted that the offensive player should be charged with a charging foul if the defense:
• was still, or moving sideways or backwards but not forwards, when contact occurred
• took a legal guarding position before the contact, that is, one with both feet on the floor
• was hit on the torso (as opposed to the arm or leg)
• respected the elements of time and distance
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_foul

That’s the rule when it comes to an offensive foul but it seems lebron gets away with it every single time. Also lebron is very big flopper! He’s 260 pounds and gets bumped by 215 pound Michael pietrus and he flings himself like he’s been hit by shaq. The last foul on Dwight howard was a clean block but it was called a foul. If you look at the replay, you can see the referee raise his hand to call the foul, as soon as Dwight put his hand up. I guess the referees think lebron is too good to get his shot blocked so it has to be a foul. Ben Wallace has lost all his credibility. For someone so strong, he flops everytime Dwight howard makes a move on him and we all know about Anderson vareja. The NBA has to address the flopping situation this off season. Its getting out of control.

People argue that the Dwight shot 19 free throws compared to lebron’s 24, which is only five less. But that’s because Cleveland INTENTIONALLY fouled Dwight everytime he was in the paint, in order to prevent an easy dunk. Lebron got bailed out plenty of times. He has not been called for charging ONCE during these playoffs!!!

The NBA and David Stern needs to address the officiating. Seems like Tim Donaghau might be right…the NBA might be rigged. They are trying hard to get lebron in the finals.

theimortalone
05-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Dude there is a thread for complaining about the officiating. What is with these threads being created? :pity:

tr4shb0t
05-25-2009, 11:32 AM
The rules don't apply to Lebron. This is all normal.

*Superman*
05-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Your right dude, but their is another complain thread. Mods will probably combine the two.

I called it.:D

cHi8DaL5LA420
05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
i have been watching these conference finals and it seems to me the refs start calling fouls when the player is bareley touched... then 2min later someone gets hammered and they dont call nothing... its back and forth... and then you see them make a bad call and they make another bad for the other team to even it out or something... they really need to get there heads out of there butts and just let them play and call a foul when its a foul... unbelievable the refs are absolutley horrible.. i love the nba but the refs blow

MAC10TIZZY
05-25-2009, 11:34 AM
forgive the new guy will ya, geesh!!!!!! and p.s. people post this everywhere just hoping stern or stu will get the hint

cHi8DaL5LA420
05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Game 3 of the Cleveland/Orlando Series was one of the worst officiated games in recent memorySeems to me that every time Lebron drives toward the hoop, it’s a foul. He lowers his shoulder into the defender and its considered a blocking foul, when in reality it’s a charge.

It is generally accepted that the offensive player should be charged with a charging foul if the defense:
• was still, or moving sideways or backwards but not forwards, when contact occurred
• took a legal guarding position before the contact, that is, one with both feet on the floor
• was hit on the torso (as opposed to the arm or leg)
• respected the elements of time and distance
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_foul

That’s the rule when it comes to an offensive foul but it seems lebron gets away with it every single time. Also lebron is very big flopper! He’s 260 pounds and gets bumped by 215 pound Michael pietrus and he flings himself like he’s been hit by shaq. The last foul on Dwight howard was a clean block but it was called a foul. If you look at the replay, you can see the referee raise his hand to call the foul, as soon as Dwight put his hand up. I guess the referees think lebron is too good to get his shot blocked so it has to be a foul. Ben Wallace has lost all his credibility. For someone so strong, he flops everytime Dwight howard makes a move on him and we all know about Anderson vareja. The NBA has to address the flopping situation this off season. Its getting out of control.

People argue that the Dwight shot 19 free throws compared to lebron’s 24, which is only five less. But that’s because Cleveland INTENTIONALLY fouled Dwight everytime he was in the paint, in order to prevent an easy dunk. Lebron got bailed out plenty of times. He has not been called for charging ONCE during these playoffs!!!

The NBA and David Stern needs to address the officiating. Seems like Tim Donaghau might be right…the NBA might be rigged. They are trying hard to get lebron in the finals.

good call that was a clean block.. all ball he never made contact with skin no where.... i understand what your saying about flopping... the refs call the foul anyways..i hate when people flop.. but you cant blame them because it benefits there team... the refs need to stop calling that bull **** flopping... its cheating

JJ81
05-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Flagrant? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh40sO4Fw6w)

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Flagrant? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh40sO4Fw6w) I think we all know it is a flagrant lol. The Anthony Johnson was not a flagrant though.

rrude
05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
I usually don't spend too much time on the refs but this year there have been several calls where I spent a few minutes saying, that was just bad/wrong. Mostly involving (and going in favor of) Lebron or Kobe (eff the star system!), but a ton of just missed calls and a lot of calls where the refs don't seem sure how to interpret the rules (flagrants are the obvious examples).

king2218
05-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Yea flopping needs to stop...its ruining the game...this is a sport NOT a movie, where players can act and make money...the NBA needs to review it this off-season...fine a player $10,000 for excessive flopping act or give a technical..something has to be done.

king2218
05-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Also, the so called Un-official "Star Treatment" rule needs to be reviewed. Lebron can't just lower his shoulder and run over people like that and get away without a foul called on him. As great as a player as he is, I think he would still be great without the refs helping him in that regard. Going thru 11 playoff games without having an offensive foul called on him, is just ridiculous. Like Stan Van Gundy said, He's getting better treatment that Michael Jordan did.

sphinxvc
05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Lebron does well enough for himself without having a force field.

MiamiHeat
05-25-2009, 01:07 PM
LeWhistle?

king2218
05-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Seems the NBA is trying a lil too hard to get their poster child to the finals.

ink
05-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Chris Douglas-Roberts analyzed the play-offs through his twitter page, he said all he will say about the Play-Offs is that the refs are......hmm, uhm, eeeehhh, well he said, (how can I say this without implying Lebron is been favored)...........he said the refs are a little biased.

And I will ask the mods to please let me speak my mind on this..........I agree 100%. Lebron is probably the first Player ever that gets calls when the ball hit him the wrong way. It's seems like he took out a restraining order on D Howard and every time, Howard gets close, the refs had to penalize Howard. The refs almost took a good 2 minutes to think about calling Lebron on a foul that was obvious to everyone else watching. What we are seeing is unprecedented, are we all witness to the first ever Player/Ref in the NBA. And I probably will be called out on this, but I honestly think that if the refs are unbiased, The Lakers and the Cavs both be down 0-3 by now. Just my opinion.

Who agrees or disagrees?

fairandbalanced
05-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Has Lebron ever taken anyone off the dribble? If the answer is no, then how does he get to the bucket so many times? The NBA needs to start cracking down on crab dribbles.

fairandbalanced
05-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Who agrees or disagrees?

Ty @ Ink........sorry for making a tread!!

ink
05-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Ty @ Ink........sorry for making a tread!!

No worries. I'm glad you understand. We just have too many of these threads.

And I agree that the superstar calls make a joke out of the post-season. It doesn't invalidate everything about the results, but it would make it a lot better if everyone was called the same way. Problem is, Jordan used to get away with traveling too ... for example ... so it's been around for a long time.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I think flopping should be a technical foul. Basically you are trying to fool the ref and take advantage of them not being able to catch every play. Its very blatant when someone flops. 1 shot technical.

If hockey which is played 4 times faster can have a penalty for diving, why cant Bball have a 1 shot tech for its own version of diving?

I hate flopping.

king2218
05-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Chris Douglas-Roberts analyzed the play-offs through his twitter page, he said all he will say about the Play-Offs is that the refs are......hmm, uhm, eeeehhh, well he said, (how can I say this without implying Lebron is been favored)...........he said the refs are a little biased.

And I will ask the mods to please let me speak my mind on this..........I agree 100%. Lebron is probably the first Player ever that gets calls when the ball hit him the wrong way. It's seems like he took out a restraining order on D Howard and every time, Howard gets close, the refs had to penalize Howard. The refs almost took a good 2 minutes to think about calling Lebron on a foul that was obvious to everyone else watching. What we are seeing is unprecedented, are we all witness to the first ever Player/Ref in the NBA. And I probably will be called out on this, but I honestly think that if the refs are unbiased, The Lakers and the Cavs both be down 0-3 by now. Just my opinion.

I agree with most of this except for the part where the lakers are supposed to be down 0-3. The lakers earned there 2-1. Meanwhile, the cavs did not. Lebron gets away with way too many offensive fouls...he just lowers his shoulders like a NFL running back and runs thru defenders. Its a disgrace to the game that the refs allow that...And I agree there should not be any "superstar calls." Each player should get the same respect from the official.

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
LeWhistle? Sorry that will always be D. Whistle's. :cool: Their even talking about the horrendous officiating on First Take lol. Seems like the whole basketball world is in outrage over those dumb refs.

Wilson
05-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Just read a bit of the recap of Cavs/Magic game three (I've not been able to watch any of this series, which is annoying). It says that the teams combined for 86 free throws. In fact, the Magic had 51 free throws! What is happening to the NBA?

It's only a matter of time until people get sick and tired of seeing me complain about this, so I'm hoping something will be done soon...:p

MiamiHeat
05-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Sorry that will always be D. Whistle's. :cool: Their even talking about the horrendous officiating on First Take lol. Seems like the whole basketball world is in outrage over those dumb refs.
we have a LeWhistle fan here!! :cool:

and yeah I was watching First Take too lol
I think the guy in the middle was getting mad that Skip and Jemele were trying to put down ESPN's and NBA's lover boy LeWhistle

Kakaroach
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
we have a LeWhistle fan here!! :cool:

and yeah I was watching First Take too lol
I think the guy in the middle was getting mad that Skip and Jemele were trying to put down ESPN's and NBA's lover boy LeWhistle x2 Lol he was getting pretty mad over nothing.

Fool
05-25-2009, 11:29 PM
how bout Dahntay Jones tripping Kobe? talk about dirtay.

Lakersfan2483
05-26-2009, 12:31 AM
The officiating has been terrible all year long and has not changed this postseason.

OG "Dee" LOCc
05-26-2009, 12:33 AM
The officiating has been terrible all year long and has not changed this postseason.

Actually, I think, its gotten worse

tr4shb0t
05-26-2009, 12:36 AM
they should review the D Jones trip on Kobe...looked pretty intentional to me.

Also, the flagrant called on Bynum for blocking Birdman didn't seem flagrant to me, but the announcers were saying it looked that way because of the slow motion replay so I'm not sure. Should be reviewed in my opinion.

Wilson
05-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Actually, I think, its gotten worse

Me too. Over 80 free throws :pity:

koreancabbage
05-26-2009, 12:51 AM
they should review the D Jones trip on Kobe...looked pretty intentional to me.

Also, the flagrant called on Bynum for blocking Birdman didn't seem flagrant to me, but the announcers were saying it looked that way because of the slow motion replay so I'm not sure. Should be reviewed in my opinion.

the tv analysts said it wasn't a flagrant from the slow-motion replay. well two of the three guys who were talking. it was a clear swipe at the ball.

gangis2169
05-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Two nights in a row we saw a team attempt 50 free throws in a game which in my opinions was ridiculous period!!! Orlando had 50 and the Nuggets had 49!!!!

superkegger
05-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Lakers had 45 the game before.

so what.

Lakersfan2483
05-26-2009, 12:57 AM
The problem is the inconsistency in which the game is officiated and until that changes, it's going to continue to get worse.

koreancabbage
05-26-2009, 12:58 AM
the team that is the most aggressive gets the calls- no matter how non-call-ish the fouls are.

FNM BOY
05-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Thanks to the NBA making the game soft and weak...thats why most youngins today cant appreciate the defensive intensity in the days of the Bad Boys...the Rick Mahorns ..Charles Oakley & Barkley....hahaha i would love to see kobe go up against the Detroit bad boys with the same defensive status quo back in the day!

GregOden#1
05-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks to the NBA making the game soft and weak...thats why most youngins today cant appreciate the defensive intensity in the days of the Bad Boys...the Rick Mahorns ..Charles Oakley & Barkley....hahaha i would love to see kobe go up against the Detroit bad boys with the same defensive status quo back in the day!

He already semi-did with the 04 Pistons

gangis2169
05-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Lakers had 45 the game before.

so what.

Dont you see a problem in that? There should never be over 40 FT a game thats horrific

FNM BOY
05-26-2009, 01:04 AM

Yeah and got whooped...but the 04 Pistons are a joke defensively to the BAd Boys...trust that!!

superkegger
05-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Dont you see a problem in that? There should never be over 40 FT a game thats horrific

so if a team commits, :gasp:, 20 fouls the other team shouldn't shoot 40 ft's? that's 5 fouls per quarter. Granted they would all have to be shooting fouls, which would be unlikely, but if a team attacks the rim, they should be given the fouls that are given on them.

That's what you're supposed to do, take the ball to the hoop and score, and if someone wrongfully impedes that progress they should get a foul call. And you should shoot FT's.

But I guess we should just go to a style of play where fouls aren't called, and you just have to take long jumpers to score all your points, that would be fun and entertaining.

superkegger
05-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah and got whooped...but the 04 Pistons are a joke defensively to the BAd Boys...trust that!!

No they weren't. If that pistons team in 04 played like the bad boys, they would have gotten nowhere. The defense wasn't as physical, but still very very good. You can't roughhouse people in the NBA today, it's what it is. That pistons team was a great defensive team. The bad boys beat the **** out of you and played good D as a result.

AccUrSeD
05-26-2009, 01:16 AM
I agree, WAY too many fouls called.

dodie53
05-26-2009, 01:22 AM
too many fouls,
are the whistles sweet?

mambastatus
05-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah the officiating in every series has been flat out terrible. Regardless of who you root for. Its almost to the point where its no longer fun to watch these playoff games which is a shame since this should be the most fun ball to watch all year. Instead the refs call insane amounts of techs and flagrants for no reasons and miss so many calls it makes me sick. Its really hard to watch these games anymore

montazingmvp
05-26-2009, 01:25 AM

lol the bad boy pistons are not comparable to the 04 pistons...they have the same name but they're a completely different team...how can you seriously compare those two teams...

different coach different players...different defensive schemes (jordan rules)...different everything...besides the name

tr4shb0t
05-26-2009, 01:27 AM
foul happens i guess

Denver-boy
05-26-2009, 01:40 AM
Wow... some people complain about the non-called fouls too...

GspLAL
05-26-2009, 01:55 AM
What boggles my mind is jones pushed kobe in the back with 2 hands clearly no play on the ball, should count as a suspension but they just call a normal foul.

Then in game 4 jones trips Kobe on purpose and they supposedly "miss" that call too and dont even call a foul for that.

Lakers played like **** but is that an excuse to give away free points?

JA PRUFR0CK
05-26-2009, 02:02 AM
Whining won't work.

montazingmvp
05-26-2009, 02:07 AM
What boggles my mind is jones pushed kobe in the back with 2 hands clearly no play on the ball, should count as a suspension but they just call a normal foul.

Then in game 4 jones trips Kobe on purpose and they supposedly "miss" that call too and dont even call a foul for that.

Lakers played like **** but is that an excuse to give away free points?

odom hit the three when bryant was tripped...so it wasn't even relevant to the play...and i like how you insinuate that the refs are somehow purposely missing calls for lakers...lol...if anything its the opposite

GspLAL
05-26-2009, 02:45 AM
odom hit the three when bryant was tripped...so it wasn't even relevant to the play...and i like how you insinuate that the refs are somehow purposely missing calls for lakers...lol...if anything its the opposite

Oh okay so we should judge calls based on if the shot goes or not? okay, especially since it wasnt even a foul, that should have been a technical.

myqntab
05-26-2009, 10:27 AM

insinuate? hell no....i flat out stat the facts.....a jump ball...what else does the refs have to watch ...but smith violate the circle......

yes...they are purposely missing calls.......

and to say that "odom hit the three so it wsnt relevant" only shows how moronic your statement is......

shonk688
05-26-2009, 11:00 AM
The refs have always sucked *** and this has to be the biggest BS call ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gex2CpfWkwg

Skin&Bones
05-26-2009, 11:31 AM

There is a reason why 3 referees in every angle and the bad part about this is a referee is right in front of the play. I would understand if someone is blocking the view, but he is right in front of the incident. Thank God your not an NBA official, or dirty plays like this would often happen and unfortunately injuries will cause this.

If they are calling the smallest ticky tack fouls they sure would see this now.

leftymo
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM

The correct call on the play is that Odom's 3 counts and Kobe gets 1 FT. Refs just missed it.

The trip wasn't what set Kobe off... ESPN's coverage didn't cover Jones undercutting Kobe on a play after that on a pass off. He was fuming after that and should've gotten a tech. The officiating in game 4 was one-sided. Denver deserved to win, no doubt. But they also got a ton of calls too.

leftymo
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Bynum's foul wasn't a flagrant...they missed Nene's elbow to Luke's head, but called a lesser elbow by JR a tech to Bynum.

Jones isn't guarding kobe, he's trying to injure him.

bahama0811
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I can't believe how one sided the refs have been. Its almost like the Lakers can't get a foul call. Ridiculous!!!:rolleyes: If any Laker fan really believes that the Nuggets are getting all the calls than they need to take off their purple glasses and watch a little more objectively. Yes, they missed the trip. Other than that the officiating has been consistent both ways. Whoever is being the aggressor is getting the calls and that's the way it should be.

Wilson
05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
The correct call on the play is that Odom's 3 counts and Kobe gets 1 FT. Refs just missed it.

The trip wasn't what set Kobe off... ESPN's coverage didn't cover Jones undercutting Kobe on a play after that on a pass off. He was fuming after that and should've gotten a tech. The officiating in game 4 was one-sided. Denver deserved to win, no doubt. But they also got a ton of calls too.

I didn't see Kobe get undercut, have you got a video?

mambastatus
05-26-2009, 08:23 PM
So the league gave Jones a flagrant for tripping Kobe last game. The lakers don't get free throws next game for this. What really is the penalty in getting a flagrant 1 the next day? Or what is the purpose? Is there a certain number before your suspended or what? Just wondering why even give a flagrant 1 the next day

Free Throw
05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
So the league gave Jones a flagrant for tripping Kobe last game. The lakers don't get free throws next game for this. What really is the penalty in getting a flagrant 1 the next day? Or what is the purpose? Is there a certain number before your suspended or what? Just wondering why even give a flagrant 1 the next day

I know they often due this with tech's like how they took that one off Kobe the next day.

Sad thing is, what if for some reason a team won by 1 point, due to the free throw, and then they take the foul off?

jetsfan28
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM

If you get a certain number of flagrant fouls, you're suspended for a game

still1ballin
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Game 4 was horrific

Wilson
05-26-2009, 09:00 PM
If you get a certain number of flagrant fouls, you're suspended for a game

I think it's a one game suspension for three flagrant points, or seven techs. After that, it's a suspension for every other flagrant point/tech...

Kings Faithful
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't think a flagrant should have been issued. If the trip was caught during the actual game only a defensive foul would have been issued... plays like that happen every game whether its a trip, push in the back, hold, whatever... its all the same dirty junk, but I don't think any of that deserves a flagrant because as dirty as they are... they aren't, in most cases, malicious. An elbow=malicious with the intent of hurting.
A shove/Trip/Hold= just dirty...If anything the missed call helped the Lakers because had it been called the three would have counted (unless the shot went off before he was tripped, but I don't think it did if I remember correct).

still1ballin
05-26-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't think a flagrant should have been issued. If the trip was caught during the actual game only a defensive foul would have been issued... plays like that happen every game whether its a trip, push in the back, hold, whatever... its all the same dirty junk, but I don't think any of that deserves a flagrant because as dirty as they are... they aren't, in most cases, malicious. An elbow=malicious with the intent of hurting.
A shove/Trip/Hold= just dirty...If anything the missed call helped the Lakers because had it been called the three would have counted (unless the shot went off before he was tripped, but I don't think it did if I remember correct).

It was clearly intentional though. Kobe was on his way to go and get the rebound and Jones knew he was not able to keep up with him, so to trip him on purpose so Kobe can't go to the paint is dirty to me. Kobe could of landed on his knee, on his wrist and gotten hurt, and then what?

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 11:21 PM
The king, the chosen uone, the billion dollar baby falls withouth anyone touchinngh him , tyurns the ball over they lose the game and go 1-3 and the mother ****ing referees call a foul.

Yeah Stern-samn i see how you dont have preferences for the finals... :mad:

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 11:22 PM
oh !! perfect!!!!1
next play

Varejos throws Dight to the floor and nothing gets called.

I say BYOCOTT the ****ing finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iF i wanted to watch Scripeted sports i woudl go and watch WWE!!!!

carter15
05-26-2009, 11:22 PM
was a blocking foul....shuda been a foul on varajeo too tho.

bahama0811
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Should've been a foul on Varajeo for sure!!!

xuchunle
I know everyone wants to see LeBron VS Kobe in the finals, especially the league wants to make this true.
But, where is the foul or just the league wants Cavs win ?

ink
oh !! perfect!!!!1
next play

Varejos throws Dight to the floor and nothing gets called.

was a blocking foul....shuda been a foul on varajeo too tho.

Completely agree. That looks really bad on the NBA.

If the James charge was a defensive foul, then the Varejao stuff was also a shooting foul.

Really lame.

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Magic players shoudl walk off the court and say the wont play the reminder of the serie.

They are laughin at fans faces!!!

Driven
Look like two threads above you.

Driven
Should've been a foul on Varajeo for sure!!!
Don't buy it. It looked more like an offensive foul on Howard than anything.

24/7 All Day
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't buy it. It looked more like an offensive foul on Howard than anything.

either way, something should've been called.

IRUAM #21
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
That was terrible.

JordansBulls
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Magic players shoudl walk off the court and say the wont play the reminder of the serie.

They are laughin at fans faces!!!

:clap:

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM
this is a complete joke.

why not stop the playoffs and just give the ring already to lebron?

Driven
05-26-2009, 11:29 PM
either way, something should've been called.
Why? Just because? In that situation, with what happened, you don't call ****. It was a good no-call.

Driven
05-26-2009, 11:29 PM
this is a complete joke.

why not stop the playoffs and just give the ring already to lebron?
Do people have short term memories and just completely forget how LeBron was called for traveling two games ago at the end?

ink
05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
I never complain about calls but that was blatant favoritism toward Lebron. Ugly ugly ugly ...

ink
05-26-2009, 11:31 PM
At least the Magic are up by 6 in OT.

:clap:

If the Cavs are going to win, they should earn it, they shouldn't be GIVEN it.

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
ive seen nothing worse in basketball ever.

the only worst thing i can remember comes from soccer, SOuth Korea (championship being played in thier country) getting three straight wins against Portugal, italy and Spain each of them filled with ******** calls from start to end of the games.

24/7 All Day
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Why? Just because? In that situation, with what happened, you don't call ****. It was a good no-call.

cause it was a ****ing foul? exactly what is wrong with the consistency. that situation should be treated the same as any situation.

ink
05-26-2009, 11:38 PM
If they're going to give that lame non-call to Lebron, they should have given a call to Howard at the end of regulation.

Better yet, how about reffing the game and not making star calls at all. :clap:

Hellcrooner
05-26-2009, 11:39 PM
come on Orlando make stupid stern have a heartache on losing the money of the stupid puppet comertials!!!

philab
05-26-2009, 11:53 PM
If they're going to give that lame non-call to Lebron, they should have given a call to Howard at the end of regulation.

Better yet, how about reffing the game and not making star calls at all. :clap:

You're kidding, right? Howard was clearly the one who fouled on that play. Go back and watch it again -- he commits about four fouls in one play. Varejao made an incredible play fighting him off without fouling back.

Hellcrooner
05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
lets hope Magic can overcome sucky officiating in one of the remaining 3 games.

If its on game 5 or 6 better , they are nto elleting lebron fail at game 7 and all the "heroics" on a 1-3 to 4-3 turnaround and ********...

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I told u that 7 tech rule was ********. If lebron got called for everytime he flexed, they would have to suspend him for season.

JordansBulls
05-27-2009, 12:31 AM
lets hope Magic can overcome sucky officiating in one of the remaining 3 games.

If its on game 5 or 6 better , they are nto elleting lebron fail at game 7 and all the "heroics" on a 1-3 to 4-3 turnaround and ********...

Orlando hasn't blown out Cleveland yet nor had a big lead yet in any game. They are due one. More than likely it will be game 6. That's the game where the team up 3-2 and has game 6 at home has to pull out.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I almost turned off this game on that foul against Pietrus to put the so called king at the line to tie the game. That foul was awful. straight up awful.

If Pierce had done the same thing, people would be wondering why the hell did he just fall down for no reason.

The refs preferential treatment of lebron and the cavs is terrible for the league and bad for my health.

so NBA, F U. F your next "MJ" who will never be MJ. Theres damn good reason why cleveland did so well at home this year. Only very good teams can overcome these horrendous calls.

im still in shock over the technical to Howard. NO HOWARD, DONT INSULT THE KING. HOW DARE U!!!!!!!! NOW BOW DOWN AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS! HOW DARE U TRY TO BEAT HIM. U UNGRATEFUL PESSEANT HOWARD, BE GRATEFUL YOU ALOWD TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF KING JAMES.

thats basically wat the refs said when they gave him that tech.

ProdigyI
05-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Joey Crawford IMO. Tries to control the game instead of calling it. Hot headed idiot IMO.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-27-2009, 02:44 PM
dick bavetta. too old. too ********.

there isnt one game i watch that hes reffing that both teams arent disgusted

DrDEADalready
05-27-2009, 02:49 PM
who's the bald head ref that sweats alot? that's my choice.

downsos
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
The refs are giving game 5 to the Lakers

Kakaroach
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I told u that 7 tech rule was ********. If lebron got called for everytime he flexed, they would have to suspend him for season. x2 And Howard does it once and he gets a technical? And J.R. Smith must have done that same thing 3 or 4 times in the Game 4 win.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Here is something I really don't like.

I HATE almost knowing the hometeam is going to win. Why is that? The crowd makes that much of a difference? I doubt it.

Why do refs favor home teams?

I also do not like this feeling that certain series are being extended for the sake of a game 7. I have no doubt this happens in game 5's and game 6's.

sometimes these games become so predictable.

GSW fan
05-28-2009, 12:10 AM
I think the NBA made a new rule about no fouls against the home team in Staples
( Except Clippers)

Wilson
05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Joey Crawford IMO. Tries to control the game instead of calling it. Hot headed idiot IMO.

:nod: He's awful. He always seems to have his own favourite team, it's very frustrating.

leftymo
05-28-2009, 12:18 AM
George Karl complaining about the officiating, and i think in the first half LA got a good chunk of the calls...

But its tough to whine about calls when Melo was the #1 free thrower in the game...

And of the five games, Denver has shot more ft's than LA.

(3-2)

If it were reverse you could complain.

Home team gets the calls in the playoffs, and that's why HCA is so important.

downsos
05-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Here is something I really don't like.

I HATE almost knowing the hometeam is going to win. Why is that? The crowd makes that much of a difference? I doubt it.

Why do refs favor home teams?

I also do not like this feeling that certain series are being extended for the sake of a game 7. I have no doubt this happens in game 5's and game 6's.

sometimes these games become so predictable.

Agreed.

thornyrose
05-28-2009, 01:37 AM
it's the fan's biased subjectivity that is self righteous.

NBA is a tough game to call consistently, simply because you have three distinct whistles. Three guys will never be able to stay on the same page in such a fast moving, athletic game.

let's hear it for the most under appreciated officials in sports :clap:

after five hard fought games nuggs 182 ft lakettes 179 now that's consistency.

superkegger
05-28-2009, 01:41 AM
each team has had complaints in each game, but the games have come down to who has played better, not foul calls. periodl

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 01:42 AM
hahahahaha oh wow

for real man. u cant be serious. if I was as bad at my job as the refs are at theirs, id be jobless in 5 minutes. refs and weathermen are imune to failure.

downsos
05-28-2009, 02:08 AM
it's the fan's biased subjectivity that is self righteous.

NBA is a tough game to call consistently, simply because you have three distinct whistles. Three guys will never be able to stay on the same page in such a fast moving, athletic game.

let's hear it for the most under appreciated officials in sports :clap:

after five hard fought games nuggs 182 ft lakettes 179 now that's consistency.

**** them.

carter15
05-28-2009, 02:19 AM
u guys think the job is easy...its kinda sad.

SJSHARKIES
05-28-2009, 02:34 AM
I said this before in a previous thread, NBA is the most difficult sport to officiate. You have the the floppers, inconsistency in technical fouls and flagrant fouls, star treatment ******** calls, you have double techs even when one of the players didn't do anything it's the refs way of "balancing" it out, than you have players that pick up techs real fast like Artest and Wallace Why? Because of their past history, and you have other players that do the exact same thing and get away with it. Than the ticky tack fouls sometimes called and sometimes not, than you have the offensive player that trips in the defensive players feet and the defensive player gets the foul, inconsistency in 3 seconds in the key which is called when the refs feel like it, SERIOUSLY I CAN GO ON ALL DAY. Officiating sucks in Nba and is inconsistent, definitely needs to be addressed over the off season.

theuuord
05-28-2009, 02:45 AM
i agree 100% with you. but you just opened an infinitely sized can of worms.

Atticus Finch
05-28-2009, 03:01 AM
I coached for a few years and used to get into it with the refs. It wasnt until I had to ref a few games that I toned it down. Its an extremely hard sport to officiate, but the dudes are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, the least they should do is consistently call it both ways, even if its consistently bad.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-28-2009, 09:34 AM
U guys know these refs aren't exactly voulonteers. They get paid good money to ref games. I never said the job is easy, but they suck at it. Most of the time, they do this little act of "o ****, i messed that call up...time to make up for it with a worse call."

as atticus said, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS. Do a damn half decent job.

macc
05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
The refs are fine. Just as stated above it's a hard game to ref. You have players like Lebron who barrel into the lane with speed and it's not always easy to see who drew the foul or who was the one fouling. Yes, as fans we get to see the instant replay and critisize but the refs don't always have the luxury. They have to make the right call in a split of a second, granted its not always the right call but at least 90% of the time it is. It's human error.

The refs could careless who wins the games so please stop with the conspiracies. People don't realize how critical the league is of officiating. If somone is consistantly making bad calls they are getting fined or fired. Its easy for somone to critisize refs when the fact is 99% of us have never refed a game so we really don't know what we're talking about or how hard it is to call games consistantly with all the banging thats done on every possession.

People blame refs on their teams losing. This always bugs me because the refs are such a small part of the game. You have to look at match up problems, getting open shots, defending well, getting rebounds, executing on offense, executing on defense, not missing your defensive asignments, shooting high percentage shots, making your free throws, double teaming when necessary, running the correct play at the correct time, keeping turnovers down, getting transistion buckets, getting points in the paint. Watching substitution patterns and player min, then you have a bad call...I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. Basically what I'm saying is that there is soooo much more to basketball then just the refs. If your team plays well, maximizes each possession, doesn't get careless with the ball, your team should win.

It just seems when somones team loses people always have to find somone to blame, and that's normally the refs. Easy bailout but that's not why your team lost. Yes I agree a bad call can change the rhythm of the game, but these are supposed to be professional athletes, adjust and carry on.

In most cases I'll just use the Denver/LA series as an example. You have Denver fans saying they are getting screwed with calls, on the other side you have LA fans saying they are getting screwed with calls. So know what that tells me? Equal officiating!

Besides most likely next year coaches will be able to challenge calls anyways. At least I hope that's the case.

Until then if your team loses. Don't blame the refs, look at your own team and see what they did wrong because 99% of the time it was their own fault they put themselves in a position to lose. Savy

xDjEpYOnx
05-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Besides most likely next year coaches will be able to challenge calls anyways. At least I hope that's the case.
I do think that any instant replay will only be a benefit to the refs. They'll finally be able to see some of the angles that the TV audience sees over and over again and will be able to correct or support their calls. I just hope whatever system is used to bring in the replays doesn't drag the length of the game, its a bore in football when the ref is under the hood for 5+ mins and is lagging to make a decision.
I will keep one beef with the refs: there is three of them of the court, so when bad calls are made or a call is missed, that's what pisses me off so much i.e dwight's 6th foul in game 3 or the trip on kobe by dahntay, when those mistakes occur, those are the calls that shouldn't be made or missed.

BMun
05-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Bill Simmons posted an article today on ESPN about the NBA refusing to acknowledge the current officiating situation:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090528&sportCat=nba

jimbobjarree
05-29-2009, 08:58 PM
officials best be better than the last two outings in the den-lal game tonight

koreancabbage
05-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Bill Simmons posted an article today on ESPN about the NBA refusing to acknowledge the current officiating situation:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090528&sportCat=nba

i love how he said this was the way Dwayne Wade won his championship. lol

definitely how lebron won the last game. this game needs to be more physical. these are a bunch of basketball players who duke it out like they're in a cat-fight.

leftymo
05-30-2009, 09:22 AM
For the good majority of the game Denver got the calls, it wasn't until Denver tried to come back did the refs start balancing it out...

in the end the FT disparity was roughly even... even for the entire series. pretty impressive.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-30-2009, 09:33 AM
forget the refs, the best team won this series. denver had their chance, but couldnt inbound correctly.

Ilir
05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
forget the refs, the best team won this series. denver had their chance, but couldnt inbound correctly.

agree wit ya. many people were arguing that Denver was the better team. I thought they were pretty balanced but gave a slight edge to the Lakers for the simple fact that they have kobe and phil and thats were they got the advantage in my book.

DrDEADalready
05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Hate to see a championship won because of homerism with the calls. (cough Lakers Cough Kobe) instead of actual skill and being the better team. :pity:

amos1er
05-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Hate to see a championship won because of homerism with the calls. (cough Lakers Cough Kobe) instead of actual skill and being the better team. :pity:

Exactly......like how Wade set the record for free throw attempts in a NBA finals series in the 06 finals. Or like how Lebron forced OT with a ticky tack foul call in game four. :pity:

The proof is in the pudding........check out the stats you hater.....Lebron and Wade get waaaaaay more love from the refs than Kobe. They both average more FT attempts. Wade and Lebron had the red carpet rolled out for them by the NBA while Kobe has to work for what he has earned which is a lot more than either of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83IQlYGMDZY

MPScribbles
05-31-2009, 12:57 AM
You wana see the worst no-call on a travel ever? Check out this youtube video. The ref in the video should have been fired the minute this game was over. It is horrible and hilarious at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN_ljDfevB0

IRUAM #21
05-31-2009, 01:00 AM

Exactly......like how Wade set the record for free throw attempts in a NBA finals series in the 06 finals. Or like how Lebron forced OT with a ticky tack foul call in game four. :pity:

The proof is in the pudding........check out the stats you hater.....Lebron and Wade get waaaaaay more love from the refs than Kobe. They both average more FT attempts. Wade and Lebron had the red carpet rolled out for them by the NBA while Kobe has to work for what he has earned which is a lot more than either of them.

Crybabies

MiamiHeat
05-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Stern is a smart man, he told the refs not to give any calls to Lebron in Game 6 so it doesn't seem like the refs and the NBA love Lebron, and they gave Lebron 4 personal fouls :speechless: