PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Reports: Pistons selling tixs to Cavs fans @ Discount price.

fairandbalanced
04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
The Combination of a bad economy and a horrible team can be devastating. The Pistons are begging people, anyone, including the boo birds to come fill seats. You can get a level 2 seat for as high as $11. Shameful.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
ya i heard about this on sportscenter, wat a bunch of douchebags, lol jk idc

Jack Daniels
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
That's sad...very bush league. What are they running a minor league team up there

abe_froman
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
they're having trouble getting people to watch their team get killed

cantstopthee
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
who cares they want money

Testaverde16
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Detroit needs to make money, that entire city is in shambles.... This is the business, they know they aren't going to win, and it will be better for everyone if they just sell tickets and put fans in the seats... thats how the money is made, sucks, but in this economy it has to be done.

also, money doesnt come from ticket sales, it comes from the ancillary like $9 beer and $6 hot dogs..... you need to sell tickets to get fans in to buy them.

pippsux
04-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Sad.....the best move would have been "as suggested by Tony Rialli on espn" $1 for all tickets for all Pistons fans.

Jack Daniels
04-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Detroit needs to make money, that entire city is in shambles.... This is the business, they know they aren't going to win, and it will be better for everyone if they just sell tickets and put fans in the seats... thats how the money is made, sucks, but in this economy it has to be done.

also, money doesnt come from ticket sales, it comes from the ancillary like $9 beer and $6 hot dogs..... you need to sell tickets to get fans in to buy them.

Thanks for the insight Jim Cramer...When's your next book come out?:rolleyes:

cantstopthee
04-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Jack Daniels likes ****.

why are you bashing them,they have no chance,they are gunna get some of the best players in the next 2 years,they need morz dollhairs

VCaintdead17
04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow.

Looks like I might have to drive up north tonight and watch me a basketball game.

td0tsfinest
04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
how the might have fallen...
weren't the pistons selling out every single game for the past few years.

Jack Daniels
04-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Jack Daniels likes ****.

why are you bashing them,they have no chance,they are gunna get some of the best players in the next 2 years,they need morz dollhairs

Oh No, you really told me. What are you 12? Morz Dollhairs? What is that your 8 mile gangster talk. Stop it, you probably live in Pontiac or some suburb tuff guy. What players are you gonna get? Not Lebron, Not DWade, Not Chris Bosh. I like your avatar, 0-16 nice showing buddy!

TheShock45
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
why dont people like this idea i wish the sixers did this we absolutely suck and our ticket prices are expensive as hell

the economy bad and people who watch basketball cant afford to go add this into that basketball in general is just getting worse and worse every year tthey are smart to do this

superkegger
04-24-2009, 04:41 PM
What a bunch of jerks, selling tickets for a low price. OUTRAGEOUS!!

Testaverde16
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the insight Jim Cramer...When's your next book come out?:rolleyes:

suck my dick

I go to school for this ****, i apologize if i got a little carried away, but what i said is the truth. No need to insult me. Jim Kramer is a prick..

still1ballin
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
pathetic

EX-TREME
04-24-2009, 05:36 PM
:pity:

S.J.Basketball
04-24-2009, 09:34 PM
To the Pistons vs Cavs game that is in DETROIT! The announcers just said the the seats were empty and there were plenty of tickets available. They went as low as 11 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!! 11 bucks to go to a playoff game. Wow.

The announcers even went on to say the Pistons owner went online and offered Cavs Season Ticket holders discounted tickets for sale to go to Detroit which is a 4 hour drive just to fill the stadium. So sad.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2009, 09:38 PM
A) Pistons fans know they don't stand a chance
B) Detroit has been hit as hard or harder than anyone with the economic crunch, the auto industry feeds everything there, so they aren't spending money on that

S.J.Basketball
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM
A) Pistons fans know they don't stand a chance
B) Detroit has been hit as hard or harder than anyone with the economic crunch, the auto industry feeds everything there, so they aren't spending money on that

Yea, but 11 dollars? I know a 7 year old who has 11 dollars saved in coins.

S.J.Basketball
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Yea I was shocked when I heard this too. How the mighty have fallen man. 11 dollars for a playoff game ticket. I have to pay at least 20-something bucks just to go to a damn Warriors game and sit in the upper deck.

JordansBulls
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
The Combination of a bad economy and a horrible team can be devastating. The Pistons are begging people, anyone, including the boo birds to come fill seats. You can get a level 2 seat for as high as $11. Shameful.

Good grief.

cantstopthee
04-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh No, you really told me. What are you 12? Morz Dollhairs? What is that your 8 mile gangster talk. Stop it, you probably live in Pontiac or some suburb tuff guy. What players are you gonna get? Not Lebron, Not DWade, Not Chris Bosh. I like your avatar, 0-16 nice showing buddy!
no problem ******, where you from *****,my lions did go 0-16 and i LOVE IT.

yeah i live 10 min from detroit, i was born their,lived there for 6 years,no i have no "gangster"talk in me at all, im 19 and will pick you,your hopes,and your dreams up and crush them,lmao.

man i love the internet it makes anyone sound like a douche or a tough guy, like me yay!

im just wondering why your taking shot from the start? that was unnecessary like you.

cantstopthee
04-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Yea, but 11 dollars? I know a 7 year old who has 11 dollars saved in coins.

the palace is 45 min away from detroit people, thats alot of money for gas and whatnot, 10 dollars for parking, and anything you might please to buy in the game is no less than 5 dollars.

a family of 4 to go to the game would cost more than 100$

but im not expecting anyone to understand,because you just really dont know how it is here.

DLeeicious
04-24-2009, 11:48 PM
No one wants to listen to that annoying *** announcer.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-25-2009, 01:17 AM
the palace is 45 min away from detroit people, thats alot of money for gas and whatnot, 10 dollars for parking, and anything you might please to buy in the game is no less than 5 dollars.

a family of 4 to go to the game would cost more than 100$

but im not expecting anyone to understand,because you just really dont know how it is here.

is it that bad in Detroit? it sounds terrible right now.