PDA

View Full Version : T MAC : Rockets better than Cavs?

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
I was just watchin Jim Rome and saw a phone interview with Tracy McGrady. He was talkin about his rehab at the start. Then he was asked who he thought was gonna win it all. He said he thinks L.A. will take Cleveland in the finals. But what surprised me was what he said next... "I don't even think they(Cleveland) could take my Rockets in a playoff series." I didn't expect him to say that. The Rockets r a great team, but Cleveland with HCA? Really?

abe_froman
04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
ok lakers are the best,than rockets,than cav's?(according to him)

tdunk21
04-23-2009, 05:14 PM
his rockets?????is he gonna be around next season.....let T mac play a full season, win first round, get to NBA finals and then mock about beating cavs in a playoff series........

AWC713
04-23-2009, 05:21 PM
rockets did manhandle the cavs when they played...the cavs scored less than 75 points or so, and lebron was COMPLETELY shut down.

AWC713
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
i would take the rockets over the cavs IF the rockets had homecourt.

but the cavs at home? please.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 05:34 PM
i would take the rockets over the cavs IF the rockets had homecourt.

but the cavs at home? please.

That's kinda what I was thinking when I heard him say that. The Rockets did stomp the Cavs one game this season, but Cleveland is nearly untouchable at home. It might go to 7 games, but I don't c the Cavs losing ONE game at home against Houston. The only reason I think it will b a tossup if it's Lakers/Cavs is cause L.A. is the only team that has proven that they can beat Cleveland in Cleveland.(The last game of the season didn't count, don't get me started)

cmstophe
04-23-2009, 05:42 PM
rockets did manhandle the cavs when they played...the cavs scored less than 75 points or so, and lebron was COMPLETELY shut down.

But the Cavs beat them at the Q, too.

Who cares? We wont ever see this matchup.

td0tsfinest
04-23-2009, 05:46 PM
ok lakers are the best,than rockets,than cav's?(according to him)

that is unless the blazers beat them...then its going to be lakers, blazers, rockets, cavs....according to t-mac.

rmonte4
04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Why wouldnt he say Rockets will win it all, what the heck is wrong with him

sixer04fan
04-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Why is this so shocking? Did you really expect him to say Cleveland would beat his own team? Let's not try to start a controversy over absolutely nothing here... Come on now... Any player on any other team should say the same thing Tmac said.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Why wouldnt he say Rockets will win it all, what the heck is wrong with him

Cause he never said they would beat L.A. U gotta go through L.A. to get to the finals. He probably said it cause he knows the Rockets aren't going to the finals, therefor, nobody can actually prove him wrong. Smart move.:clap:

madiaz3
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
they may match up well against the cavs, the only thing i disagree with is him calling them "his rockets" lol

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Why is this so shocking? Did you really expect him to say Cleveland would beat his own team? Let's not try to start a controversy over absolutely nothing here... Come on now... Any player on any other team should say the same thing Tmac said.

The problem with that is that he was never asked the question if he thinks the Rockets would beat the Cavs in a playoff series. He was asked who would win in a Cavs/Lakers series. He brought the topic of Rockets over Cavs on his own. And actually, if you're actually gonna go into a playoff series, saying that u don't think the other team can bet u would b a very idiotic statement to make. That would b just asking to get upset and blamed for it after.

HOZ THE KNICK
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
they may match up well against the cavs, the only thing i disagree with is him calling them "his rockets" lolx2 they are a better team without him.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
they may match up well against the cavs, the only thing i disagree with is him calling them "his rockets" lol

I laughed about that too when I heard him say that ****.

sp1derm00
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
I like the way Artest and Battier defended Lebron. I also like the matchup of Yao against Big Z and Scola vs. Varejao. What I think gives the Cavs the upper hand is that all they need is for Mo Williams to go off for them to win... otherwise it's pretty much 50/50.

macc
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Well I agree that we prob won't see this match up but reguardless I think Houston could beat Cavs in a series. The Rockets match up well with the Cavs hense the reason they beat them badley when they played. Ron and Shane did a good job on Lebron as they would in a series. I know everyone is so high and mighty on the Cavs and have already annoited them the "best team in the NBA" and all but I still have my doubts, esp when they went somthing like 2-8 against the other elite teams (Boston, Orlando, LA) in the regular season. Its just tough for me to say a team is a lock for the championship when they can't even beat another elite team....just sayin...Maybe i'm just old school and want to see a team prove themself before I just hand them the trophy because they are the popular team at the moment.

sp1derm00
04-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Uh, you guys are blowing him saying "my Rockets" out of proportion.

I say "my Lakers" all the time and I have nothing to do with the team other than being a fan. It's his Rockets because he's still on the team and part of the organization... he's never talked trash about his team or blamed them for losing. In fact, he has always blamed himself (to my knowledge).

Lay off Tmac a bit... he might not be as tough as Kobe or AI, but he was once a great player and he has been loyal to the Rockets.

Ironman5219
04-23-2009, 06:14 PM
His rockets??? Funny because they are a better team without him... lol

JimmyRome
04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
T-Mac is a BUM!

EastCoastBaller
04-23-2009, 06:23 PM
no durrr, he would say that he has to root for his team. Do you guys ever think, hey guys T-Mac just said the Rockets are better than Cavs. OMG

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS!!!

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
no durrr, he would say that he has to root for his team. Do you guys ever think, hey guys T-Mac just said the Rockets are better than Cavs. OMG

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS!!!

How is that rooting for his team? It's not like the Rockets r in a series with the Cavs.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM
does anyone care what TMac says? He has been saying stupid crap for 10 years now. Tracy, you're own team is better with you gone. That is actually a fact. And if they are "Youre Rockets", than you say they win, not the Lakers. God this guy is an embarassment.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I only made this thread cause I thought his statement was far fetched and I wanted to c others opinions. I didn't mean for it to turn into a "I hate McGrady" thread. I didn't mean for a bunch of people to get all butt hurt either. Oh well... Next time I guess I'll make a "Tracy McGrady appreciation" thread. Damn.

macc
04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
does anyone care what TMac says? He has been saying stupid crap for 10 years now. Tracy, you're own team is better with you gone. That is actually a fact. And if they are "Youre Rockets", than you say they win, not the Lakers. God this guy is an embarassment.

Honestly how do people say a team is better w/o a guy who can score 30+ on you any given night or avg 27 7 & 7? I just don't understand this reasoning. On Tmac's defense he's been injuried the past couple of years. Anyone who has had an injury who actually plays sports can understand how it can hinder you. His mistake was he tried to come back to early. As a Magic fan I saw Tmac carry my team to the playoffs with little to no help around him, kinda what D wade is doing with Miami right now. A 100% Healthy T Mac is a top 5 SG in this league. Argue with it or not theres a reason he's voted a starter for the All Star game year after year. I'm just not gonna be one of the first to beat up on the guy because hes been injured.

DitchDat
04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
T-Mac should not be giving interviews.

oldenpolynice
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
I was just watchin Jim Rome and saw a phone interview with Tracy McGrady. He was talkin about his rehab at the start. Then he was asked who he thought was gonna win it all. He said he thinks L.A. will take Cleveland in the finals. But what surprised me was what he said next... "I don't even think they(Cleveland) could take my Rockets in a playoff series." I didn't expect him to say that. The Rockets r a great team, but Cleveland with HCA? Really?

Cavs w/ HCA beat Rockets in 6 games. I like Houston's bench better than Cleveland's, but Cavs have two of the best finishers in the league (LeBron and Mo) and the best home crowd in the NBA.

infamous
04-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Bad for T-Mac. He should have chosen the ("his") Rockets. When asked who will win between the the Lakers-Cavs, he should have stated the Rockets (even if out of the question). Because his statement clearly shows he doesn't trust his team and their potential to win it all.

Kabowdos
04-24-2009, 02:57 AM

Rockets are a solid team, if T-Mac played great like he used to they would be a force. I feel like the Rockets are getting better and T-Mac is getting worse. they should get rid of him and move on. They got Artest and everyone thought they would be a threat but they started the season awful. They should get rid of Artest and T-Mac and move on. Yao is the team and the best player. Scola is a great pice. Brooks have potential they should go with that.

Kabowdos
04-24-2009, 02:58 AM
T-Mac should not be giving interviews.

I agree. He alway ends up saying something stupid. His team is about to win a series without him and he won one playoff series ever. He is the worst playoff star player of all time. He the worst in sports. It is sad, but it is true.

Like Tony Romo is near him in that category, but at least he still has like six or seven years to prove himself, McGrady career is pretty much over.

jimbobjarree
04-24-2009, 03:00 AM
he's slightly deluded, maybe all the anti pain drugs he's on

JordansBulls
04-24-2009, 08:03 AM

Why would someone interview Tmac this year?