PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Commercial

ABOMB_56
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I saw this on ESPN, and then I found it on youtube. It is a spoof on the Heineken commercial with the walk in closet/ beer. I was laughing at this commercial, and the Cavs continue to have fun. First the pictures, and then the commercial. :laugh2:
Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S3X6ZoE8w&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fnba%2Fblog%2F ball_dont_lie%2Fpost%2FVideo-Cavaliers-spoof-Heineken-walk-in-fridge-c%3Furn%3Dnba%2C158245&feature=player_embedded

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Undoubtedly, somebody will blame all these acts for them losing if they lose in the playoffs.

lakers4sho
04-22-2009, 07:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

:rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 07:43 PM

Why the rolleyes? I guarantee you that if the Cavs lose, every talk radio show and sports television show will discuss whether the Cavs having too much fun and almost being arrogant lead them to not buckling down, not focusing, and treating the entire playoffs lightly which consequently lead them to losing. Fact.

Jezeble
04-22-2009, 07:43 PM
:laugh: OMG! That's hilarious!:laugh2:

Jezeble
04-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Why the rolleyes? I guarantee you that if the Cavs lose, every talk radio show and sports television show will discuss whether the Cavs having too much fun and almost being arrogant lead them to not buckling down, not focusing, and treating the entire playoffs lightly which consequently lead them to losing. Fact.

Oh please, the Celtics were just as arrogant -- maybe even more so -- last season. If you really wanna talk arrogance, try the Lakers. They are so sure they've got this one sewn up and in the bag.:rolleyes:

These guys are us having fun. Good for them!:clap:

still1ballin
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't THINK it was that funny. Didn't really laugh at all.

Jezeble
04-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't THINK it was that funny. Didn't really laugh at all.

Of course you didn't! I don't think Kobe would laugh either.:laugh2:

GoatMilk
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
i hate the cavs, but this had me busting up
props

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh please, the Celtics were just as arrogant -- maybe even more so -- last season. If you really wanna talk arrogance, try the Lakers. They are so sure they've got this one sewn up and in the bag.:rolleyes:

These guys are us having fun. Good for them!:clap:

The Celtics were doing an insane amount of pre-game celebrations, dancing, making commercials of this nature, etc. last year?

BTW--The Celtics were the Champions. I am saying that IF the Cavs lose then people will surely question their maturity and focus on winning.

philab
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Dude, what?

Sure, if the Cavaliers lose, ESPN and the rest of the crappy media will look for reasons (of if you prefer, excuses) for them losing. I don't doubt that.

But this is just a commercial for them to show at the games on the big screen. It happens to be fairly amusing to some.

I just don't get what the two things have anything to do with each other.

ABOMB_56
04-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I thought it was pretty funny, because it was a spoof. And I think this helps the Cavs more than it hurts them. They are playing as a TEAM. They have great chemistry, and you always need to be loose. I feel these commercials ease the tension the Cavs have. Every team in the playoffs have an indescribable pressure and this ,IMO, helps make the locker room more easy to breath in

ABOMB_56
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM

I'm confused. Are you like fake laughing, and rolling your eyes because it wasn't funny at all OR are you laughing, and then rolling your eyes at the guy's comment above you?

ShakeN'Bake
Idk i think it would have been much funnier if the beginning wasnt as drawn out

ARMIN12NBA
Dude, what?

Sure, if the Cavaliers lose, ESPN and the rest of the crappy media will look for reasons (of if you prefer, excuses) for them losing. I don't doubt that.

But this is just a commercial for them to show at the games on the big screen. It happens to be fairly amusing to some.

I just don't get what the two things have anything to do with each other.

They don't. I have seen this happen before though. ESPN First Take has ALREADY discussed this possibility. Not saying it's right. Just saying it's likely to happen.

Super.
o my....that was good :laugh:

philab
04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
They don't. I have seen this happen before though. ESPN First Take has ALREADY discussed this possibility. Not saying it's right. Just saying it's likely to happen.

All right. No offense but I think this is one of those topics where such a reply (your first) just really isn't necessary.

It's just a commercial.

If the Cavaliers lose, then we can talk about all the bull-**** excuses ESPN comes up with.

I don't mean to be "hunting after you" or whatever -- you're just really, really stretching on some of these things.

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
All right. No offense but I think this is one of those topics where such a reply just really isn't necessary.

It's just a commercial.

If the Cavaliers lose, then we can talk about all the bull-**** excuses ESPN comes up with.

I don't mean to be "hunting after you" or whatever -- you're just really, really stretching on some of these things.

It seems to be stretching....but the fact that this has already been discussed in articles, on radio shows, and even on TV makes it not stretching. Simply an observation. We have seen this happen to other teams before.

Jezeble
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
It seems to be stretching....but the fact that this has already been discussed in articles, on radio shows, and even on TV makes it not stretching. Simply an observation. We have seen this happen to other teams before.

Yeah....I guess it's worse than making videos in parking lots bytching about your teammates.:eyebrow:

ABOMB_56
04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
To answer your questions about the Cavs losing, it will be for one simple reason. They weren't the first team to win 4 games in the series, because they were outscored in 4 games. :p

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah....I guess it's worse than making videos in parking lots bytching about your teammates.:eyebrow:

Who MADE videos in parking lots *****ing about their teammates?

Please. Indulge me. :eyebrow:

philab
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM

No, it's not that you're stretching in saying that ESPN will make excuses. Like you said, they already have them prepared.

It's that you're stretching to say something negative about Cleveland or LeBron or about the media's bias for one or the other. There's plenty to say already -- just stick to that stuff. This one is a stretch.

It's just a commercial. If you don't think it's funny or don't like the camera angles or think the whole commercial is in bad taste or is a mistake or something, then go right ahead and say something. ESPN and media biases and all that just aren't really relevant here.

FaceDown91
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
MO was awesome in that commercial lol

ABOMB_56
04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
MO was awesome in that commercial lol

West was pretty funny too. He got the shoe and he started to sniff it. Haha :laugh2:

SaimoNETS
04-22-2009, 08:32 PM
lol @ delonte west smelling the shoe.:laugh:

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 08:32 PM
No, it's not that you're stretching in saying that ESPN will make excuses. Like you said, they already have them prepared.

It's that you're stretching to say something negative about Cleveland or LeBron or about the media's bias for one or the other. There's plenty to say already -- just stick to that stuff. This one is a stretch.

It's just a commercial. If you don't think it's funny or don't like the camera angles or think the whole commercial is in bad taste or is a mistake or something, then go right ahead and say something. ESPN and media biases and all that just aren't really relevant here.

The commercial was funny in my opinion. I just think the bigger story lies in that this may be dubbed the reason for their downfall (if they were to have one).

lakers4sho
04-22-2009, 08:34 PM

The rolleyes wasn't on you bud. Sorry if I didn't quote the original post.

I'm confused. Are you like fake laughing, and rolling your eyes because it wasn't funny at all OR are you laughing, and then rolling your eyes at the guy's comment above you?

I didn't think it was that funny.

dawkinit
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
yeah commercial was funny, its nice to see a franchise that indulges the fans like this. most teams in all sports are far too buttoned up. they play a game for a living and get paid well to do it b/c we like to watch, but the way most teams walk around youd never know it. i think there should be more of this in sports, tired of teams forcing this professional business like approach. they dont work in offices,labs,hospitals etc,they play ball. and we all tune in to see the sports and entertainment, so give me(and i assume us) what i want when i watch. like the cavs have done all season... and im not even a cavs fan

philab
04-22-2009, 08:43 PM
The commercial was funny in my opinion. I just think the bigger story lies in that this may be dubbed the reason for their downfall (if they were to have one).

A commercial made one day in mid-April will be dubbed the reason for their downfall in what would likely be mid-May at the very earliest?

Just to jump to your response, okay, this along with other similar displays will together be dubbed the reason . . .

It's just a little strange in this thread. Whatever, I've made my point and you get it.

ARMIN12NBA
04-22-2009, 08:45 PM
A commercial made one day in mid-April will be dubbed the reason for their downfall in what would likely be mid-May at the very earliest?

Just to jump to your response, okay, this along with other similar displays will together be dubbed the reason . . .

It's just a little strange in this thread. Whatever, I've made my point and you get it.

Exactly. Their various actions will probably be dubbed a reason...

It's not strange. I could care less about the commercial. I posted about what I thought was interesting, which is that these constant actions (whether they lead to lack of focus or not) will probably end up being used as a scape goat.

pippsux
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Any team that has a problem with what they are doing, then all you have to do is beat them.

ProdigyI
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Dude all i know is that Trainer is fineeeeeeeeeeee dayum. :drool:

If she's really the trainer for the cavs, one of the cavs guys is banging her no doubt.

probably big z :laugh:

king4day
04-22-2009, 11:23 PM
this was great. Bunch of guys that it's easy to root for.
Mo Williams was great in that too.

Teeboy1487
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Man, that was classic :laugh:. That was the funniest commercial I have seen all year. You have to give them props on that.

Apophis
04-23-2009, 07:55 AM
That Heineken Commercial is one of my new favorite beer commercials.. I used to love that Wing Man beer commercial..

The cavs version is funny as well... The new sneaker smell...ROFL....

Pierzynski4Prez
04-23-2009, 08:47 AM
This will in now way affect their performance people. It probably took them 1 try to do it, and it was probably done before the playoffs even started, or in between games 1 and 2 of the first round.

I hardly doubt it will affect how they play in June. Relax people. If they lose, it will be only because they got beat by a better team.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I liked the commercial. Their picture taking is another story.

superkegger
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Idk i think it would have been much funnier if the beginning wasnt as drawn out

yeah, didn't really understand why they had to show the women walking all over the place...but still funny stuff.

bostncelts34
04-23-2009, 03:23 PM
i love the commercial. And itt hink it shows that they are really gelled as a team, and having some. After all, it is a game.