PDA

View Full Version : Report: Terry voted sixth man of year

asmarks18
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Guard Jason Terry, who averaged 19.6 points, mostly off the bench, for the Dallas Mavericks, has been voted the NBA's sixth man of the year, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The newspaper reported the story Wednesday on its Web site. Terry is expected to receive the award at a news conference Friday.

Terry came off the bench in 63 of his 74 games played, averaging 33.7 minutes, 3.4 assists and a 36.6 shooting percentage from 3-point range.

The Mavericks won 50 games in the regular season, finishing as the sixth seed among Western Conference playoff teams. Dallas' first-round series against the San Antonio Spurs is tied at one game apiece

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4088821)

Congrats to JET for the accomplishment. Guess all you biased Nate Robinson fans were wrong just like I said you would be. Nate is a great player but he had no chance at this award. Feel free to bash me because you can't handle the fact that Terry was most deserving.

VCaintdead17
04-22-2009, 03:36 PM
:clap:

Well deserved.

Chronz
04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Does Cuban gain any money when his players win awards? Did Terry play the most minutes by far?

still1ballin
04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
well deserved

MiamiHeat
04-22-2009, 03:43 PM
no surprise here
congrats :clap:

abe_froman
04-22-2009, 03:44 PM
congratz,no shock

asmarks18
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Well deserved indeed. Wonder if Cuban will cry for Terry at his press conference like He did for Dirk when he won MVP. lol.

what54!?
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
congrats to terry

JayW_1023
04-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Well deserved though JR Smith had an equally good if not better case.

_Sn1P3r_
04-22-2009, 04:15 PM
No surprise here. Well deserved. Congrats to the JET.

king4day
04-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Congrats to JET for the accomplishment. Guess all you biased Nate Robinson fans were wrong just like I said you would be. Nate is a great player but he had no chance at this award. Feel free to bash me because you can't handle the fact that Terry was most deserving.

Why bait in the opening post of a thread?

This award was decided at the all star break.
'Grats to JET

asmarks18
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM

'Grats to JET

Sorry but I took alot of crap from a bunch of Knicks fans and it just had to be said.

junion
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM

'Grats to JET

that's what i was going to say! JET deserves it no question, and congrats to him, but that last line just kills it.

king4day
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Sorry but I took alot of crap from a bunch of Knicks fans and it just had to be said.

I hear ya. That's going to happen all the time though. Sometimes silence is the greatest form of 'In your face'.

Vinny642
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
:clap:

Well deserved.

Yea it was Terry is one of my favorite player he did his thing this year and deserves this award. Second would be JR Smith.

superkegger
04-22-2009, 05:08 PM
this is kind of a weird award now, because manu and terry aren't really bench players. just the situations their teams are in, it makes sense to have them comve off the bench, but neither is really a bench player, and in my eyes it kinda cheapens the award. It's the "Wo was the best player to be benched to have a scoring punch off the bench" award. Kinda goofy.

king4day
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
this is kind of a weird award now, because manu and terry aren't really bench players. just the situations their teams are in, it makes sense to have them comve off the bench, but neither is really a bench player, and in my eyes it kinda cheapens the award. It's the "Wo was the best player to be benched to have a scoring punch off the bench" award. Kinda goofy.

I thought about this too.
It makes the decision too easy. Problem is, the league can't say who IS talented enough to be a started instead of a 6th man.
After Manu and Terry, you have Barbosa and JR Smith, but beyond them, but then the drop off is dramatic.
Smith probably takes it if Manu and Terry were out.

Vinny642
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I agree with Super, but since they vote like they do Terry deserves it this year.

Bullsfan22
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
nice job JET!

IBleedPurple
04-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Terry definitely deserved it. He played well, and was a consistent bench player. As much as I hoped JR would somehow win, he was not solid the entire season.

Brooke
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Not a surprise. Well deserved

JordansBulls
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM

Good job

#1Mavericksfan
04-22-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm happy for Jason Terry...I hope he shows up in this series so we can put the Spurs away.

andybauer91
04-22-2009, 11:36 PM

ok the baiting dude is not necessary...the whole "in your face" thing is like not needed considering nate robinson is like one of our only hopes considering we have had 8 or w/e straight losing seasons

so for that yeah not ****kin cool

terry had more minutes than nate did which is why he scored more points

also nate can score whenever he wants terry cant

nate will be better than terry...u just wait

but congrats to terry....hes a real good player

andybauer91
04-22-2009, 11:38 PM
and btw anyone who plays 33 minutes a game is not a friekcen 6th man

those are starter minutes
the minutes that nate robinson and jr smith play are ACTUALLY 6th man mintues

and they do they're job by sparking the offense

seriously dude...this whole 6th man award should be nicknamed
"we have too many guards so we threw one on the bench but he can still play over 30 minutes a game" award

asmarks18
04-22-2009, 11:53 PM
ok the baiting dude is not necessary...the whole "in your face" thing is like not needed considering nate robinson is like one of our only hopes considering we have had 8 or w/e straight losing seasons

so for that yeah not ****kin cool

terry had more minutes than nate did which is why he scored more points

also nate can score whenever he wants terry cant

nate will be better than terry...u just wait

but congrats to terry....hes a real good player

Are you serious? JET can create his own shot and execute most of the time when he gets his shots off.... He can't score whenever he wants because the Mavs have on there team what people call talent. Robinson can score whenever he wants cuz hes fast, athletic and plays on a team with no talent what so ever. If Terry played for the Knicks he would score 25 a game. God you Knicks fans are complete jokes!

~ALpHa M LyTe~
04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
:clap:: He Deserved it. And i understand how people feel about Terry is Basically a starter but im sure theres other cases around the league that the player that starts is not as good as the player coming off the bench. Thats Just The Way Dal Chooses to use Terry he shouldn't be punished because of that.

asmarks18
04-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Same thing goes for Robinson. He is clearly way better than Duhon Just like Terry is better than Wright. Why doesn't Robinson start? FYI Robinson plays 30 minutes agame (3 minutes less than Terry for you Knicks fans who can't count) . He plays starters minutes as well. This arguement is total ********.

Wilson
04-23-2009, 01:05 AM
He deserves it. Congratulations Jet :clap:

Lone Maverick
04-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Award was a complete no brainer.

Congrats to JET