PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Playoff Game Thread(Round 1) vs Nuggets(0-1)

Vinny642
04-21-2009, 10:05 PM
-- Denver Nuggets Starters--

PG- Chauncey Billups
SG- Dahntay Jones
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Kenyon Martin
C- Nene

--New Orleans Hornets Starters--

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Rasual Butler
SF- Peja Stojakovic
PF- David West
C- Tyson Chandler

First game- Chauncey caught fire going 8-9 for three as the Nuggets blow out the Hornets. I had to make one, pointless but whatever.

We fuxing sucked last game. Lets bring it all Wednesday.

bahama0811
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Nice job Vinny, its nice to see something on here.

C-Dub
04-21-2009, 10:50 PM
hey, now maybe some people will post in here!

Vinny642
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Yea you guys and me lol.

bahama0811
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
We'll just move our conversation in here to make it look more active.

Vinny642
04-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Nuggets suck, Billups is washed up one good game doesn't mean anything. Melo is being defended by Peja and can't even get 20+. Martin had like 4 points and was bout to get knocked out by Sean Marks. The refs celebrated 4/20 A little early. LOL JK ;)

avsman05
04-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Nuggets suck, Billups is washed up one good game doesn't mean anything. Melo is being defended by Peja and can't even get 20+. Martin had like 4 points and was bout to get knocked out by Sean Marks. The refs celebrated 4/20 A little early. LOL JK ;)

Paul is the worst point guard in the league he is too small to do anything. Peja is like 100 years old and Tyson is an old man with a broken hip. They are going no where.;) Tit for Tat hehe kidding though.

DenButsu
04-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I expect a more spirited fight from the Hornets in game 2, but I also expect Denver to continue defending their home court. Nuggets win, but by a much closer margin than in Game 1, and with Melo and Smitty having big games, but Chauncey taking a pure distributor/controller role, and with CP3 and Chandler having bigger games.

denversgm
04-22-2009, 12:22 AM
i dont know why but i say we win by 14. i think that billups will still shoot, not as much as he did in game one but more then he was in the regular season

Game_Over
04-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Good Game thread Vinny!!

Becks2307
04-22-2009, 03:56 AM
i promise if im home ill post here tomorrow during the game !

SideWinder989
04-22-2009, 06:38 AM
We shall play some good ball tonight !!! i mean... 4.30 in the morning for me gonna get high on energy drinks and cofee !! XD

Hezei
04-22-2009, 12:52 PM
First off Vinny my man in Hornet love , kidding or not you can not say Billups is washed up.....Once I heard they traded Billups to Denver I knew Denver was going to the playoffs, The main defense should be to disrupt Billups, Melo all you have to do is get into his head. If the Hornets had some poo talkers Melo would not be a threat!

Game 2 is going to be fistfight! I think West and Paul are going to see their againist the wall, because we ALL know how the NBA is, the series doesnt start until you win an AWAY game! And we leave Denver 0-2, its going to be rough cause Billups will feed off that.

The gameplan for the Hornets is simple, have Chandler & west own the key, hard fouls, good blocks, Let paul dictate the pace for the O and run their offense. They got out of sync really early in Game one but I know B. Scott will have that all worked out!!!

HORNETS FOREVER!!!!!
P.s How do I get kewl pictures for my post?

IBleedPurple
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I expect at least a little better performance from Peja & Chandler. For West to be successful, he will have to hit some mid-range jumpers.

N.O. may try and use their bigs a little more on the pick and roll. I am interested to see how the Hornets' new defensive look will work for them.

It's gonna be physical! Look for at least 2 technicals, going as high as 6 including the coaches :smoking:

IBleedPurple
04-22-2009, 01:01 PM

Welcome!

Once you have a 100 posts, you can go into "User CP", then click "edit signature"

Post here and in the NBA Forum (or any other sports/topics you are a fan of) to get your 100 posts. Just be sure not to make pointless posts to up the count.

Vinny642
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
First off Vinny my man in Hornet love , kidding or not you can not say Billups is washed up.....Once I heard they traded Billups to Denver I knew Denver was going to the playoffs, The main defense should be to disrupt Billups, Melo all you have to do is get into his head. If the Hornets had some poo talkers Melo would not be a threat!

Game 2 is going to be fistfight! I think West and Paul are going to see their againist the wall, because we ALL know how the NBA is, the series doesnt start until you win an AWAY game! And we leave Denver 0-2, its going to be rough cause Billups will feed off that.

The gameplan for the Hornets is simple, have Chandler & west own the key, hard fouls, good blocks, Let paul dictate the pace for the O and run their offense. They got out of sync really early in Game one but I know B. Scott will have that all worked out!!!

HORNETS FOREVER!!!!!

hell no Billups isn't washed up I just wnted to get this rolling, the denver fans knew I was kidding. I would say Billups is around the fourth to sixth best PG. Its great now we got two Hornets fans.

bahama0811
04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Good luck tonight Hornets fans. Wow, kind of weird saying fans.

Vinny642
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Good luck

DenButsu
04-22-2009, 09:28 PM
And into the final, torturous hour of waiting we go...

If there is one thing that all Hornets and Nuggets fans can agree on, I think, it's that this break between games 1 and 2 was just way too long.

Vinny642
04-22-2009, 10:00 PM
As Barkley says 'Its Turrible"

DenButsu
04-22-2009, 11:30 PM
No NOH fans posting during the game?

And you guys are playing well, too... much better than in the first game...

C-Dub
04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
well, hope game 3 goes a little better for ya, i want it to be close so we dont have so much to argue about! maybe a last second shot by melo for the win?! haha

Vinny642
04-24-2009, 04:05 PM
.... no

DenButsu
04-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Congrats, Hornets, on a great win in game 3. :cheers:

(I hope you find it acceptable for me to say that, Vinny) :rolleyes:

Vinny642
04-25-2009, 06:26 PM
LOL Ty; OMFG Carmelo almost made that game winner, I would've cried

avsman05
04-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Good job Hornets, Paul 48 minutes wow that kid is amazing. I can't believe how much stamina he has and still handled the game the whole way.

Philly Hammer
04-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Damn the Hornets are letting the Nuggets beat them to a pulp this series is going to be over quickly. Hornets defense just isn't good enough to handle Denver nor is their offense good enough to score against them. New Orleans is making Denvers defense look like Boston's defense was last year and their defense isn't that good.

saintdrew
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
the series is over. the refs screwed us.

Patsfreak1776
04-27-2009, 11:16 PM

You just lost by 58 points! On your home court! How did the refs screw you?

Vinny642
04-28-2009, 12:01 AM

No we screwed ourselves, we played like **** so Denver deserved to beat us, Maybe next year our Bench can learm how to ****ing play, Chandler can get an offensive game, and Paul and West can get rest. Disappointing season to say the least.

DenButsu
04-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Sorry this game turned so bad for you guys... if anything, I was expecting the opposite (a repeat of their game 3 performance). But the Hornets are a better team than the one that showed up today for sure, and I do kind of feel bad for them to have to enter into such a tough, physical series already pretty well banged up. I can only expect them to give Denver a run for their money back at the Pepsi Center.

Vinny642
04-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Na i say we pack it in, let Cp rest up. Make our bench play 48 minutes.

Trouble87
04-28-2009, 03:07 AM
Not a Hornets fan but I had to see what NO fans were thinking after that blowout.

Yall do not have a bad bench... coming from a Knick fan I would kill to have Julian Wright & Posey

This series isn't over but I expect to see a shake up in NO next season. Yall have 5 deals expiring this year and 2 expirings in 2010. Definitely need a shake up in role players and a real staring SG. Someone to pair with Paul

Series isn't over though; unless this is something more than a bad game I expect to see fire out of NO @ the Pepsi Center

DenButsu
04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Well, sorry things ended for you guys on a somewhat rough note, but I was glad to see the Hornets didn't just throw in the towel and they put up a good, respectable fight in game 5. Good luck with getting past the injuries, and in your offseason wheeling and dealing.