PDA

View Full Version : An ideal bucks lineup

hgtiger32
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
SO here's an ideal lineup that i would love for the Bucks to have...

PG: Ty Lawson- unless we get a top 5 pick we gotta grap a PG
SG: Ben Gordon- he's a FA and I would be the first one in line to get a Gordon jersey...cost alot but this means bye bye to Redd
SF: Depends on how much $$$ we have we could either trade RJ or keep him...so pencil in whoever u want starting @ the SF between RJ and LRMAM
PF: Charlie Villanueva---he's not a true PF but he's an elite scorer
C: Andrew Bogut---a big defenseive stopper in Bogut

You could have Bogans, Ridinour, and Alexander coming off of the bench and their 2nd round pick

So as you can see we let sessions go cause of inconsistency, trade redd, and ""possibly"" jefferson...just give me ur thoughts

Brew Crew
04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
If you would like to talk about inconsistency, look no further then Charlie Villenueva. And he's 2 years older then Ramon. Tons of players go through inconsistency, and someone like Sessions is worth holding onto.

favre_4life
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Yah CV can go for 25 pts and 10 rebs, then the very next night have 6 pts and 4 rebs. I dont understand the guy. I really think he needs to go though. He's just not a PF, plain and simple.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
yeah but if we were to lost CV who can we draft that will be able to replace his hole i would love to see lawson here the kid is going to be something great

hgtiger32
04-24-2009, 05:04 PM
^^^^amen to that

Ovratd1up
05-03-2009, 01:28 PM
This is a move that the front office would love, though you definitely would not.

Michael Redd and Richard Jefferson for
Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince.

Detroit would add Maxiell or a draft pick, but other than that it would be good. Because Detroit has a lot of extra cap space, this trade works.

Detroit does it because: Obvious. Hamilton is up there in age and doesn't fit in, and they are tired of Prince. Getting this sort of package for them and a little extra would be a wonderful gift. It also leaves them enough space to sign Boozer or trade for Chandler.

Milwaukee does it because: Like Larry Brown in Charlotte, the team will be shaped to fit Scott Skiles' needs. Skiles had a similar player to Michael Redd in Ben Gordon, and didn't know how to use him/ didn't like him much. He also hasn't been able to utilize RJ well. He prefers players that are not soft, hard working, and good defenders, and vets (Hamilton and Prince). The front office also does this because they save a ton of money ($10 million yearly), and they are in cost cutting mode, (about to deal Jefferson for LaFrentz earlier).
This would also balance your scoring, because you can't have enough buckets to go around for Ramon, Ridnour, Redd, Jefferson, Villanueva, and Bogut, while Ramon, Ridnour, Rip, Prince, Villanueva, and Bogut would be a well balanced llineup.

MadtownBuck
05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
I am happy with Ridnour and Sessions at the point already.

A pg may be the best player available, but it seems they just got rid of their last six foot point guard.

Three front court players worth taking a look at are James Johnson, Patterson, and Varnado may declare. The Bucks were not strong in rebounding last year, but it remains to be seen what will happen with FA/trades. The Bucks seem good at drafting guards in the second round anyway.

The Bucks have three small forwards, unless Alexander can bulk into a PF. I wonder if they should trade one, and go for BJ Mullens as a backup C.

If they got a top five pick, they would easily get a pf/c.

I wonder what any opinions are of Dejuan Blair, even though he is rated as a later first round pick.

BlinkManJan02
05-14-2009, 05:41 AM
dont forget about Salim Stoudamire :)

crewfan13
05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
The draft is much deeper in the PG field so they could easily get a quality PG at 10, assuming thats about where they'll be. I like Sessions, but I think they can afford to lose him. The depth at PF in this draft isn't great so I say we keep CV and let Ramon walk unless we can trade Redd or RJ to free up some cap space. Also, Lawson isn't the only pg that will be available at 10 if you're worried about size. I've seen alot of different mocks and its really early to determine where guys will go but Maynor, Evans, Jennings, and Holliday could all still be available along with Lawson.

Ollie Tabooger
05-16-2009, 08:36 AM

SG: Ben Gordon- he's a FA and I would be the first one in line to get a Gordon jersey...cost alot but this means bye bye to Redd
SF: Depends on how much $$$ we have we could either trade RJ or keep him...so pencil in whoever u want starting @ the SF between RJ and LRMAM

You could have Bogans, Ridinour, and Alexander coming off of the bench and their 2nd round pick

So as you can see we let sessions go cause of inconsistency, trade redd, and ""possibly"" jefferson...just give me ur thoughts

sessions is the player we shouldnt get rid of. Getting gordon would be awesome he's one of my favorite players and imo better than redd. Maybe we'll get lucky in the lottery and we can get Thabeet. Or if not thabeet brandon jennings.

aarwich
05-16-2009, 02:19 PM
This is a move that the front office would love, though you definitely would not.

Detroit would add Maxiell or a draft pick, but other than that it would be good. Because Detroit has a lot of extra cap space, this trade works.

Detroit does it because: Obvious. Hamilton is up there in age and doesn't fit in, and they are tired of Prince. Getting this sort of package for them and a little extra would be a wonderful gift. It also leaves them enough space to sign Boozer or trade for Chandler.

Milwaukee does it because: Like Larry Brown in Charlotte, the team will be shaped to fit Scott Skiles' needs. Skiles had a similar player to Michael Redd in Ben Gordon, and didn't know how to use him/ didn't like him much. He also hasn't been able to utilize RJ well. He prefers players that are not soft, hard working, and good defenders, and vets (Hamilton and Prince). The front office also does this because they save a ton of money ($10 million yearly), and they are in cost cutting mode, (about to deal Jefferson for LaFrentz earlier).
This would also balance your scoring, because you can't have enough buckets to go around for Ramon, Ridnour, Redd, Jefferson, Villanueva, and Bogut, while Ramon, Ridnour, Rip, Prince, Villanueva, and Bogut would be a well balanced llineup.

And then you woke up. The Pistons are not dumb enough to make that trade. Besides, the plan is to get younger.
However, I would like to see then snag Charlie V-va for $5 or $6 mil.

aarwich
05-16-2009, 02:24 PM

And then you woke up. The Pistons are not dumb enough to make that trade. Besides, the plan is to get younger.
However, I would like to see then snag Charlie V-va for $5 or $6 mil.

aussiepiston
05-26-2009, 02:39 AM

Sorry, i must have missed the reason Detroit would do it?
And to have Det throw in Maxiell/picks? you've got to be kidding me. The bucks throw in 2 future firsts and then that deal will be considered.
Redd and Jefferson are two of the most overpaid players in the league!

crewfan13
05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Also, I believe the reason that the Pistons have cap space is because they want to be in position to either sign a guy like Boozer this year or make a run at one of the 2010 FAs.

Bucks24226
05-27-2009, 05:23 PM

i would be 2nd in line

Smithy04
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
PG: Ramon Sessions
SG: Michael Redd
SF: Richard Jefferson
PF: Charlie Villanueva
C: Andrew Bogut

jay87shot
06-01-2009, 03:05 AM
bucks don't have money to sign a big fa and they won't be able to trade redd after his injury. RJ would be the only trade that could free up space.