hawk2012
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Here comes crapshoot number two

MarkieMark48
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Tony Stewart gets his first win as an owner/driver here

Nascar-NJDevils
04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I think that Junior breaks out of his funk and makes it 4 straight for Pappa Hendrick.

NASCAR Diva#3
04-21-2009, 06:02 PM
If he can stay away from The Big One I say my boy Kyle Busch takes his second straight spring 'Dega race.

NBA_Starter
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I think that Junior breaks out of his funk and makes it 4 straight for Pappa Hendrick.

I hope you're right!

MarkieMark48
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
the 64 team has been withdrawn from the entry list. Couldnt afford to rent a plate motor, and the budget inn wont let them out of their hotel rooms they booked for the weekend.

-Jayski

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Sam Hornish is having flu-like symptoms this morning, but he will start the race. Penske racing just flew in Travis Kvapil to take over for him probably during the first caution. Travis was actually already catching some rays at a local pool with some of his buddies this morning when he got the call from his former employer Roger Penske.

-Wendy Venturini from Speed TV (shes so hott)

:mad:
This really fustrates me!!! He get his first top 10 last week, qualifies 4th this weekend and illness sets him back.

Luckily Travis wasnt in the pool, and had his phone with him when Roger called.

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
I really like Dale. Jr's chances now, half of the field has wrecked, THE BIG ONE came only 8 laps in today!

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
*update*

Matt Kenseth got into Gordon triggering "The Big One" less than 10 laps into the race. According Darrell Waltrip there are about 20 cars without noticeable damage. Sam Hornish, John Andretti, and Jimmie Johnson all made great moves to avoid being in it.

Drivers Involved:
Mark Martin
Jeff Gordon
Max Papis
Scott Riggs
Clint Bowyer
Kevin Harvick
AJ Allmendinger
Brian Vickers
Scott Speed
David Gilliland
Jamie McMurrary
Kasey Kahne

Kyle Busch, Casey Mears, Jeff Burton, Carl Edwards, Regan Smith, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart and Bobby Labonte all sustained little damage, and were able to continue on the lead lap.

A good car must be the cure for sickness. This would have been the perfect time to swap drivers, but Hornish elected to stay in the car.

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Jeff Burton looks like hes having some type of electircal problems. Possibly from the bump "slamming" him and Denny Hamlin were participating in

Mr.Chris
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Johnson is having trouble as well

Lets go Junior, where the hell is Hamlin?

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Jr. 1st Wooo

Wow Hornish is in 3rd?

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Is it wrong that I'm tired of listening to Waltrip talk about Kyle Busch?

Mr.Chris
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
nope im with you

Sorenson is up there though which is surprising

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Him and Stremme...good to see David back in Nascar with a decent ride after his failed adventure for Ganassi Racing

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
I bet you these guys don't want to see that #31 Caterpilar car back with the pack...he is scary good

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Is it wrong that I'm tired of listening to Waltrip talk about Kyle Busch?

yea, we heard about Junior every lap of every race for the past 8 years no matter if hes running 1st or 41st, all the people that dont like him have had to deal with it.

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
That...was close

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
yea, we heard about Junior every lap of every race for the past 8 years no matter if hes running 1st or 41st, all the people that dont like him have had to deal with it.

Relavence?

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Relavence?

just pointing it out

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
good job denny

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Damn...Hamlin,Hornish,Stremme,Montoya,Jimmie.....T alladega Racing at it's best

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Denny had a great car when someone would work with him

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
so fustrated.. Sam ran up front all day gets kicked out of line by his teamate and now gets caught up in a wreck with less than 10 to go

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:41 PM
people being over-anxious

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Hahahaha

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Keselowski is now my fav. Driver!!!!!

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Always loved Keselowski...love him even more now

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I dont like Carl Edwards 1 bit, but that was a nasty wreck. I'm glad hes ok

bouchard107
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
agreed

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Dang it Jr. was so close to a win, but on the other hand he was close to being in a BIG MESS also, at least Jr's protege won it!

SportsFan33
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
NASCAR needs to look at letting drivers pass below the yellow line on the final lap. The Edwards incident probably wouldn't have happend if that were the case. Look at Regan Smith last Fall when he went below the yellow to avoid wrecking Stewart. Smith did the right thing, but was stripped of the win. If Smith had done the same thing Keselowski did, Stewart would've have been the one wrecking.

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Carl cried foul sorta after the race but like Brad said they all know the rules, If that hit didn't kill Carl I don't think anyone will be dying anytime soon, NASCAR is so safe now after Big Dale Earnhardt died.

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 11:02 PM
NASCAR needs to look at letting drivers pass below the yellow line on the final lap. The Edwards incident probably wouldn't have happend if that were the case. Look at Regan Smith last Fall when he went below the yellow to avoid wrecking Stewart. Smith did the right thing, but was stripped of the win. If Smith had done the same thing Keselowski did, Stewart would've have been the one wrecking.

Rule or no rule, the same thing would have happened. As long as theres pavement to drive on, there will be a car trying to pass, Carl would blocked Keselowski all the way to the grass if needed, and at some point Keselowski would have had to either hold his ground, causing the same wreck, or just backing off giving the win to Carl. Its Auto racing, bad wrecks happen, you dont want bad wrecks? Put a big @$$ restrictor plate on them so their max speed is 100mph, or do like the Indy Car and Formula 1 series and start penalizing cars for "line changing" or blocking nascar calls it

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Carl cried foul sorta after the race but like Brad said they all know the rules, If that hit didn't kill Carl I don't think anyone will be dying anytime soon, NASCAR is so safe now after Big Dale Earnhardt died.

Eh, I think Carl handled it pretty good, I dont think he held Brad at fault, or has any "beef" with him. He knows the rules, he knows the consequences.

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
I will admit it's a tough situation, had Dale Jr been in Carl's shoes I would be mad as **** right now!

MarkieMark48
04-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I will admit it's a tough situation, had Dale Jr been in Carl's shoes I would be mad as **** right now!

why? theres nothing to be mad about, its known if you try to block theres a possibility you might get wrecked

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
why? theres nothing to be mad about, its known if you try to block theres a possibility you might get wrecked

Not necessarily at the person who bumped him so much as the world in general that he was so close and appeared to have one in the bag.

MarkieMark48
04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Awesome finish. I'm glad Keselowski won rather that Junior. It would be nice if Finch could get the backing because when his cars have gotten into races they have done fairly well. I don't remember who it was driving but a couple years ago he had a nice run in the Daytona 500 and finished somewhere in the top 5.

it was probably mike wallace in that same #09 car. He just buys the cars from Rick Hendrick. If me or you had the money we could just buy a car from Hendrick or Roush, or whoever you think has the best equipment, hire a driver (or get the nascar license ourselves) and go racing.

MarkieMark48
04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
I know he bought the car that won today from Hendrick, and will be running all hendrick cars this year (grooming Keselowski for Hendrick for when Keselowski takes over the #5)

It might have been Talladega I as thinking of with Mike Wallace, iduno... I wanna say it was the #01 car.
I remember 1 race he ran very good andthen got caught up in a wreck, then another time he ran very well.

SportsFan33
04-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Rule or no rule, the same thing would have happened. As long as theres pavement to drive on, there will be a car trying to pass, Carl would blocked Keselowski all the way to the grass if needed, and at some point Keselowski would have had to either hold his ground, causing the same wreck, or just backing off giving the win to Carl. Its Auto racing, bad wrecks happen, you dont want bad wrecks? Put a big @$$ restrictor plate on them so their max speed is 100mph, or do like the Indy Car and Formula 1 series and start penalizing cars for "line changing" or blocking nascar calls it

I don't think Carl would've been that aggressive, though. Yes, he probably would've ran Keselowski down pretty far, but Carl had some point would have to realize he's going to end up wrecking not only himself, but another driver. If there was another driver in Keselowski's position(let's say Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson) they probably would've backed off instead of staying at the bottom and took second. Keselowski being in this position had nothing to lose. And I'm not complaining about the wrecks at Daytona and Talladega. Some wrecks can't be avoided and that's apart of racing. I'm just complaining about the yellow line rule and how NASCAR approaches it.

MarkieMark48
04-27-2009, 10:19 AM
I don't think Carl would've been that aggressive, though. Yes, he probably would've ran Keselowski down pretty far, but Carl had some point would have to realize he's going to end up wrecking not only himself, but another driver. If there was another driver in Keselowski's position(let's say Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson) they probably would've backed off instead of staying at the bottom and took second. Keselowski being in this position had nothing to lose. And I'm not complaining about the wrecks at Daytona and Talladega. Some wrecks can't be avoided and that's apart of racing. I'm just complaining about the yellow line rule and how NASCAR approaches it.

Carl was the guy that wrecked 1/2 the field last year at Dega by bump drafting (his own teamate) in the corner, and also tried that dive-bomb move last year at Kansas trying to pass Jimmie on the last lap, which he also did at Darlington a few years back. Pretty aggressive driver if you ask me.

I think the only people that would have lifted would have been another driver from the roush camp, and the way Carl did them last year I dont even know if thats for sure.

The yellow-line rule is there because it used to be a judgement call, and Nascar doesnt like being in that position because they let certain people get away with it, which makes them look bad. I do think that is the best way to enforce the rule. If you are blocked or forced below the yellow line its fair game. There was a Talladega race Dale Jr. went below the yellow line where he wasnt forced down there to pass Matt Kenseth at the end of the backstretch, and he wasnt penalized and was given the win.