PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Tue April 21st - 1st Round - Western Conference (4) Portland vs (5) Houston

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
(4) Portland Trailblazers (54-28) vs. (5) Houston Rockets (53-29)

Portland will have the Homecourt Advantage

Rockets Lead Series 1-0 Series Breakdown

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Rockets Won Season Series 2-1
Nov. 6: at Trail Blazers 101, Rockets 99 (OT)
Feb. 24: at Rockets 98, Trail Blazers 94
Apr. 5: at Rockets 102, Trail Blazers 88

Game 2 - Houston @ Portland 10 p.m., NBA-TV (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009042122)

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Considering Yao Ming’s flawless shooting in Houston’s playoff-opening victory over Portland, the Trail Blazers are rethinking their strategy for the Rockets’ towering center.

“We tried to play behind him. So we’ll make adjustments for the next game,” Blazers center Joel Przybilla said. “He hit every shot he took so we gotta do something.”

Yao hit all nine of his shots and all six of his free throw attempts, and the Rockets went on to defeat the Blazers 108-81 Saturday night in the first game of the best-of-seven playoff series between the two teams. They meet again Tuesday night at Portland’s Rose Garden.

All of Yao’s 24 points came in the first half, as he got Houston off to a fast start after scoring nine of the team’s first 11 points. He also had nine rebounds in the game.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Blazers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1994.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3027.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3416.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2983.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3225.jpg

PG - Steve Blake
SG - Brandon Roy
SF - Nicolas Batum
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Greg Oden

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Rockets.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3192.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/25.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/976.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1781.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1722.jpg

PG - Aaron Brooks
SG - Ron Artest
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Luis Scola
C - Yao Ming

Jay22Redd
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Excited ***** hell after that BOS/CHI game.

xHTOWN713x
04-20-2009, 11:07 PM
you cant make that much adjustments when you have 2 weak centers. Pryzbilla? WTF Oden? all he can do is dunk. the blazers only have Brandon Roy. i dont see this series going back to portland. the rockets will close this thing out in houston. GET THE BROOMS OUT!!! Clutch City is back! When you can't stop YAO, consider yourself done.

superkegger
04-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I think Portland will bounce back and take this one in a dogfight.

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Portland better take this one if they want to have a chance.

luckynumber_752
04-21-2009, 01:48 AM
you cant make that much adjustments when you have 2 weak centers. Pryzbilla? WTF Oden? all he can do is dunk. the blazers only have Brandon Roy. i dont see this series going back to portland. the rockets will close this thing out in houston. GET THE BROOMS OUT!!! Clutch City is back! When you can't stop YAO, consider yourself done.

2 weak centers? Dude, you've got to be kidding. Portland has arguably the best 1 2 punch at the center position in the league. I know that neither player is comparable to Yao, but there's only one player in the league that is. Defensively, Pryzbilla and Oden is about as good as it gets for defending Yao when it comes to a starter and a 2nd string player. Both players r great defenders per minute. Yao is just that big and that good.

sargon21
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
^ just b/c they have 2 of them doesn't mean their good

rocket man_09
04-21-2009, 11:50 AM
hahaha do portland fans really think they have a chance...this series is done...u can see it in the blazers faces...they dont wanna fite there way back...bye portland hello los angeles

superkegger
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
hahaha do portland fans really think they have a chance...this series is done...u can see it in the blazers faces...they dont wanna fite there way back...bye portland hello los angeles

It was one game for a very inexperienced team. It's not over yet.

Brooke
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM

It was one game. A lot can happen in a 7 game series.

rocket man_09
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
It was one game. A lot can happen in a 7 game series.

yes alot can happen. but face reality blazers cant come back i kno its only game one but they lost at home by 28 points...thats not very good momentum goin into game to then the toyota center. the only way they have a chance is if yao get injured.

bahama0811
04-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Don't get too cocky. The Blazer's have a good team and they can definitely come back in this series.

rocket man_09
04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Don't get too cocky. The Blazer's have a good team and they can definitely come back in this series.

well i hope they dont i wanna see how much kobe scores on artest and battier.....i still think rockets take it 4-0

AWC713
04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Please dontever mention Joel Pryzbilla in any notion as to being in the best 1-2 punch of anything.

Oden is inexperienced, and could be good, but has been a bust so far.

Pryzbilla is Pryzbilla.

One notion no one has mentioned is the Rockets ability to shut down every weapon the Blazers have.

Scola has shut down Aldridge whenever they play, and Artest and Battier are simply too good for Roy.

Roy had 21 points in game one, but I'll take that any day when he shoots 23 times.

rocket man_09
04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Please dontever mention Joel Pryzbilla in any notion as to being in the best 1-2 punch of anything.

Pryzbilla is Pryzbilla.

One notion no one has mentioned is the Rockets ability to shut down every weapon the Blazers have.

Scola has shut down Aldridge whenever they play, and Artest and Battier are simply too good for Roy.

Roy had 21 points in game one, but I'll take that any day when he shoots 23 times.

thank you...someone finally sees that houston is too good for portland

superkegger
04-21-2009, 12:45 PM
yes alot can happen. but face reality blazers cant come back i kno its only game one but they lost at home by 28 points...thats not very good momentum goin into game to then the toyota center. the only way they have a chance is if yao get injured.

no, losing a game by 28 isn't good, but its still just one loss. they're still at home for a game, and nate mcmillan is a great coach, and will help them figure out what they need to do to get back on track.

rocket man_09
04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
no, losing a game by 28 isn't good, but its still just one loss. they're still at home for a game, and nate mcmillan is a great coach, and will help them figure out what they need to do to get back on track.

no way, i kno a loss is a loss but they had too much expected of the by the sports anyalist. they lost there momentum jus watch tonite as the rockets destroy them and yao goes for 50...

superkegger
04-21-2009, 12:52 PM
no way, i kno a loss is a loss but they had too much expected of the by the sports anyalist. they lost there momentum jus watch tonite as the rockets destroy them and yao goes for 50...

Yeah, I'm sure Yao goes for 50. :rolleyes:

rocket man_09
04-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Yao goes for 50. :rolleyes:

ok maybe not but do u really think the blazers can stop him...no way this is s done series close it and lets prepare for LA

Brooke
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I wouldnt be so cocky if I were you

fredv
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM

You should post less. You are putting mud on true Rockets fans who are not cocky like you. If you really were a Rocket fan, you would know a series isn't over after 1 game. Maybe you should watch the Mavs series we lost a couple of years ago...
Thanks for not posting anymore, or sport another team.

ABOMB_56
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Please stop posting rocket man. You are WAYYYYY too cocky for your own good. You must of just become a fan because you would of seen the implosions they had in the past. Remember the Mavs series up 2-0. This series isn't over until 0.00 hits on the final game on the series and our team scored more.
Stop being cocky, enjoy game 1, and move forward to game 2. The Blazers are a very good team, and I wouldn't underestimate them. Hopefully the Rox aren't thinking the same way as you

skny_txn
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
NOTE TO ALL BLAZERS FANS...Being from Houston and watching Houston sports my whole life I in no way think this series is over. Yall have a young talented team that im sure will not lay down after the game 1 massacre. Do not listen to others who will not be named when they say its over, because its not. Rockets in 6

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
You should post less. You are putting mud on true Rockets fans who are not cocky like you. If you really were a Rocket fan, you would know a series isn't over after 1 game. Maybe you should watch the Mavs series we lost a couple of years ago...
Thanks for not posting anymore, or sport another team.

agreed

astrosmaniac
04-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Pryzbilla is Pryzbilla.

actually that was only game one. aldridge has been there best weapon against us all season, but the guy who usually slows him down is chuck hayes, not scola

BenFrank
04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
I see houston in a tuff game.. a lot tuffer than last, but I think thay pull out a 5-10 point win..

luckynumber_752
04-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Pryzbilla is Pryzbilla.

You heard me right. I said Portland has arguably the best 1 2 punch at the C position. Look up PER. There aren't very many, if any, teams in the league that have as good of a combination. I'm not talking offensively. I'm talking about guarding Yao. The one man in the league that can really stop or match him is Howard. Portland doesn't need an offensive Center. They need defense. Btw. If you take the time to look it up, Pryzbilla leads the league in rebounds per minute. But I get it, just cause he's not Yao, he must b horrible. And to all you Rocket's fans that think you have the best Center in the league.... Dwight has Yao beat by a mile. It's not even close.

junion
04-21-2009, 04:46 PM
this series isn't over just after one game. i know it was a blowout, but still it's one game, you can't transfer points from one game to another. it's the playoffs, and the blazers' strategy didn't work this game.. so they'll either try harder with that strategy, or find a different one. it's very possible that the rockets win the series, but it's not over just because of game 1's blow out.

goku
04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
You heard me right. I said Portland has arguably the best 1 2 punch at the C position. Look up PER. There aren't very many, if any, teams in the league that have as good of a combination. I'm not talking offensively. I'm talking about guarding Yao. The one man in the league that can really stop or match him is Howard. Portland doesn't need an offensive Center. They need defense. Btw. If you take the time to look it up, Pryzbilla leads the league in rebounds per minute. But I get it, just cause he's not Yao, he must b horrible. And to all you Rocket's fans that think you have the best Center in the league.... Dwight has Yao beat by a mile. It's not even close.

how is it not even close yao has a better offensive game than howard
yes howard is a better shot blocker but if you look at orlando they start a small foward at pf which is why howard needs to rebound more and block shots orlando act like they are not confident in howards ability down the stretch of games they dont give him the ball anyway back to the houston blazers series blazers will play much better tonight rockets better bring their A game and try to make it 2-0 going home
NOBODY PAY ATTENTION TO ROCKETMAN

luckynumber_752
04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
how is it not even close yao has a better offensive game than howard
yes howard is a better shot blocker but if you look at orlando they start a small foward at pf which is why howard needs to rebound more and block shots orlando act like they are not confident in howards ability down the stretch of games they dont give him the ball anyway back to the houston blazers series blazers will play much better tonight rockets better bring their A game and try to make it 2-0 going home
NOBODY PAY ATTENTION TO ROCKETMAN

Actually, Howard scores more PPG and has a better FG% than Yao. And please don't tell me Howard rebounds more and blocks more shots because of his teams lineup. The stats aren't near close enough to throw up a "what if". And Yao doesn't seem to want the ball at the end of a game. He passes out and has Artest throw up a wild 3. I'm not saying Yao isn't good. He's great. He's the 2nd best Center in the league. The only thing Yao has over Howard is his shooting. He's a much better FT shooter than Howard, and can hit jumpers. But Dwight doesn't take jumpers cause he doesn't need to, hence the better FG%.

luckynumber_752
04-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Lol. Nobody likes rocket man_09. Not even Rockets fans. Harsh!:clap:

ABOMB_56
04-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't dislike rockets man_09, I just don't like overconfident/cocky people. I like the fact he believes the Rockets can win, but to think that the Blazers will roll over, and let us sweep them is a foolish train of thought

luckynumber_752
04-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't dislike rockets man_09, I just don't like overconfident/cocky people. I like the fact he believes the Rockets can win, but to think that the Blazers will roll over, and let us sweep them is a foolish train of thought

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't he a overconfident/cocky person?(which you don't like)

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Rockets look real good, it will take a lot from the Blazers to beat them.If they dont get their youthful carefree confidence back for this game they're in trouble.

I bet they've been working solidly on a plan for Yao over the last few days so I expect Artest to have a big game

blackjack_119
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM

Pryzbilla is Pryzbilla.

LaMarcus Aldridge averaged 23.5ppg against Scola and the Rockets this season which is better than his average against any other team in the league... so not only has Scola not shut him down... he has actually done the worst job of any PF platoon in the NBA.

That being said, he did a good job game 1.

Game_Over
04-21-2009, 06:56 PM
This game isn't on tv?? I think it should be the best game on tonight..

Brooke
04-21-2009, 06:59 PM
^^ it is on NBATV

brandt
04-21-2009, 07:10 PM
^^ it is on NBATV

This one is a toss up. Whoever wins is going to win a close one. I don't think the Blazers are going to let the rockets manhandle them again, because they know that if they don't win tonight it's pretty much over. If I had to pick, I'd say the Rockets by 5.

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
league pass baby, I will watch the archive tomorow for this

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Definitely won't see a win by that big of a margin. Hopefully it will be a closer game. Gotta support my fellow Asian Yao and former Bulls Artest. So go Rockets!

Verbal Christ
04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
i expect the blazers to come out more focused this game, front yao and try to get aldridge and roy going early. im gonna guess the bench will also take it upon themselves to be more of a factor. with all that said i believe it hinges on the rockets defensive effort and energy. when the rockets are clicking on defense its really hard to beat us, not being a homer, but we have a great half court game mixed in with adelmans version of the princeton (the second unit runs it for the most part), we play real physical, and we have the best post presence in the league all big factors when it comes to playoff basketball. IMO the regular season affords those teams who like to run alot a good opportunity to inflate win/loss records, and far too often only to get exposed once the playoffs roll around, PHX is the first that comes to mind. ive said it before and no matter how much some people like to downplay it but experience is precious. this is a must win for portland.

_Sn1P3r_
04-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't expect another blowout and if the Blazers did their homework, they should know where Yao usually gets the ball and try to be more physical and front him to make it harder for him.

Becks2307
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
mutombo's career is over

GregOden#1
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Real unfortunate

Joshtd1
04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow thats a shame. Sad to see Deke injured like that, hope he recovers fast.

GregOden#1
04-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Oden just schooled Yao

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Oden just schooled Yao

:confused: How???

DRE'-MAC
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Joey Crawford=Portlands 6th man

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Joey Crawford=Portlands 6th man

Sure seems like it

GregOden#1
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

pd7631
04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Unfortunately I have to watch the Lakers pound the Jazz on TNT instead of being able to watch this game, but they just showed Dikembe Mutombo going down with a knee injury. I really feel bad for him, he's a great guy and this was probably going to be his last legit chance at doing something special. He's still a very capable rebounder and defender, I think he could play another 2 years if he wanted to.

DRE'-MAC
04-21-2009, 11:14 PM
How the hell wasn't that goaltending? They slapped the backboard as the lay up was going in.

DRE'-MAC
04-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Chuck Hayes last shot=:laugh:

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately I have to watch the Lakers pound the Jazz on TNT instead of being able to watch this game, but they just showed Dikembe Mutombo going down with a knee injury. I really feel bad for him, he's a great guy and this was probably going to be his last legit chance at doing something special. He's still a very capable rebounder and defender, I think he could play another 2 years if he wanted to.

Yeah, could possibly be his last game. hate to see his career end like this.

Becks2307
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
i really cant see him coming back from this....he already said this would be his last year as well

avsman05
04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
That looked pretty bad. Hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Rockets coming alive!

astrosmaniac
04-21-2009, 11:42 PM
theres a chance if this series goes 6 or 7 games or if the rockets move on to round 2 that he could return in the playoffs. i hate to see his career end like this

and the refs have been horrible, against both teams. in the first, it seemed like anything portland did was a foul, in the 2nd it seemed anything the rockets did was a foul. when chuck hayes has 2 fouls in under a minute, thats bad officiating

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 11:45 PM
ay, the commentators are sayin thats not a foul, that was a foul, yao pushed

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
much more exciting than the lakers/jazz game.

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 11:51 PM
by the way, matt bullard sucks as an announcer. he thinks just because he played, he knows everything.

Jay22Redd
04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Brooks has to shoot more!

superkegger
04-21-2009, 11:54 PM
why has ron artest taken triple the shots yao has?

astrosmaniac
04-21-2009, 11:57 PM
why has ron artest taken triple the shots yao has?

cause he was hot and hitting everything in the 1st quarter and yao is in foul trouble and sitting on the bench

DRE'-MAC
04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
How come Joey Crawford is considered a top ref by the NBA but he doesn't know the difference between a foul and a flop?
Yao actually just barely put a hand on Pryz and Pryz flew over as if he got hit by a cannon ball and some how gets away with it. That gave Yao 4 fouls (Answer to above poster on why Ron has more shots than Yao and because Ron Ron loves to shoots) and now Portland is starting to pull away. These refs suck

superkegger
04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
once he cooled, as he obviously has, it would seem pertinent to give it up, especially when you're down...:shrug:

chicago lulz
04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
I need some Alert USA.

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:02 AM
As soon as I say that, Brooks started scoring.

Nice pass from Aldridge to Artest too!

YES ALRIDGE TO ARTEST!

Good game though. Back and forth the whole night.

DRE'-MAC
04-22-2009, 12:04 AM
once he cooled, as he obviously has, it would seem pertinent to give it up, especially when you're down...:shrug:

If you're talking about Ron Artest, you should know that he thinks he is a play maker and the type of player that takes over at the end of games when he is definitely not that sorta player.
He needs to focus on shutting down Brandon Roy

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Von is so key to us. Give him more minutes.

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Lowry for 33333333333!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicago lulz
04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Yao's getting pissed!

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I count 3 ridiculous calls on Oden

superkegger
04-22-2009, 12:15 AM

of course you do

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
of course you do

Great post dog

JordansBulls
04-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Sort of surprised the Rockets are winning this. I wasn't expecting Houston to win in Portland but maybe once the entire series if that.

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:21 AM

well i dunno how many hes got total now, but he had like 8 shots in the first quarter, only like 2 in the 2nd and then a heave at the end of the half. so i had no problem with that, but once yao went out he felt he needed to step up on the scoring end i guess :shrug: no one else was hitting so he figured why not.

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Deke gave his all for the Rockets (literally), so the Rockets gotta win this game!

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:22 AM

i count 3 on yao, your point? the refs suck, but at least they suck both ways

chicago lulz
04-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Foul trouble for Portland is not good. I believe LA, Prez, and Oden all have 5?

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:26 AM
this game is driving me crazy, b.roy is gonna win it 4 us

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM

Yep.

The reffing has been terrible on both sides, and I don't think either team is getting called worse but I don't think Yao is the best example of that. The fouls he's actually been called for have been ridiculous (because the reffing sucks) but with the ticky tacky stuff their calling he probably deserved some in other parts of the game.

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:28 AM

yes, oden just fouled out

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Yep.

The reffing has been terrible on both sides, and I don't think either team is getting called worse but I don't think Yao is the best example of that. The fouls he's actually been called for have been ridiculous (because the reffing sucks) but with the ticky tacky stuff their calling he probably deserved some in other parts of the game.

Man, this a good game, but you right, the refs suck!

We gotta hit our freethrows though!

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Oden fouls out

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:31 AM
B.royyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:32 AM
We got this!

Fins4Life
Blazers in 6, you heard it here 1st, the rise of B.roy

JordansBulls
No way was that a foul on Yao.

chicago lulz
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Artest is trying to win the game??? Man, there's plenty of time. Only down by 6. Calm down and set up a play.

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
roy jumped over yao and scola and fell on his face, how is that a foul on either of them?

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
roy jumped over yao and scola and fell on his face, how is that a foul on either of them?

I dont think it was

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:36 AM

i doubt that. portland is winning a close (but horribly officiated game) at home. but they were blown out at home, lost home court advantage, and they havent beat houston in houston in a while.

astrosmaniac
I dont think it was

they called it a foul on them :shrug:

Fins4Life
now we coming to houston for blood! Tell Yao we coming to EAT D HEAD!

NYMetros
Wow. Brandon Roy was amazing.

chicago lulz
Most entertaining game of the night.

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:37 AM
i doubt that. portland is winning a close (but horribly officiated game) at home. but they were blown out at home, lost home court advantage, and they havent beat houston in houston in a while.

Horrible on who's behalf? did u see the first half, we couldnt buy a call and houston went to the line 18 times. Blazers earned this

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Wow. Brandon Roy was amazing.

Couldnt have said it better myself

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Good shot Brooks!

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah there's no way you can blame this loss on the officials. The Rockets just didn't execute properly in the late game.

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
now we coming to houston for blood! Tell Yao we coming to EAT D HEAD!

talk about a cocky attitude. how many people said that when the rockets blew you out in the last game? if this has shown you anything, its that 1 game doesnt mean crap unless its game 7

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:40 AM

This win will change the whole series, b/c we beat them in a tight game. We can win any game this series now, whether in houston or at home, brandon roy isnt playing around, no one on houston has his star power. you saw how he finished yao during the regular season from half court

goku
04-22-2009, 12:40 AM
roy was great im not going to lie but we split 1-1 so now it shifts to houston

superkegger
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
man, artest, he's awesome.

6 shots for yao. great execution

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
talk about a cocky attitude. how many people said that when the rockets blew you out in the last game? if this has shown you anything, its that 1 game doesnt mean crap unless its game 7

If you knew Brandon Roy how i know him, you'd be cocky too. EAT D HEAD!

astrosmaniac
04-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Horrible on who's behalf? did u see the first half, we couldnt buy a call and houston went to the line 18 times. Blazers earned this
i didnt say thats why we lost the game. it was horrible both ways, ive said that twice IN THIS THREAD. the FT attempts and makes were even (15 of 22 i think) for both teams going into the 4th. what happened was players were scared of fouling out (especially yao after deke went down) and started slacking on D where they normally would have taken chances cause they were scared of being called for a foul.

Couldnt have said it better myself
he was amazing, but another reason to not be cocky is consider this: how many times will roy put up 41 points in this playoff series?

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:42 AM
And i was happy about the blowout, i much rather lose that game in that fashion instead of a close game 2 loss headed to houston, think about it.

goku
04-22-2009, 12:44 AM
we split 1-1 portland was expected to win this game now lets see how a young team reacts on the road we played them close at home and beat them we are capable of beating them in the rose garden portland does not play good in houston lost 8-9 last meeting in toyota center houston

Jay22Redd
1-1 heading into Houston!

Good game to the Portland fans.

Fins4Life
i didnt say thats why we lost the game. it was horrible both ways, ive said that twice IN THIS THREAD. the FT attempts and makes were even (15 of 22 i think) for both teams going into the 4th. what happened was players were scared of fouling out (especially yao after deke went down) and started slacking on D where they normally would have taken chances cause they were scared of being called for a foul.

he was amazing, but another reason to not be cocky is consider this: how many times will roy put up 41 points in this playoff series?

Roy can score on battier or artest at will, hes averaging 30 in series, numbers dont lie. He can score 40 2-3 more times this series.

chicago lulz
If you knew Brandon Roy how i know him, you'd be cocky too. EAT D HEAD!

You hang with him???

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Its gonna be a good series, i just think b.roy is gonna take it to another level and no 1 player on houston can match him. Mcgradys gone.

val_modus
Portland has an amazing young and stacked team, but theres no excuse Yao shouldnt be scoring 30 on them everytime, he only had 5...5...5.......5......5!!!! shot attempts, that ridiculous, none of their big men can guard him and they all had 5 fouls in the 4th, Rockets will win this series i think/Hope, but this crap is inexcusable, 5 shots? LMAO. Aaron Brooks isnt ready to lead this team, get Lowry in the 4th, and Von Wafer needs more minutes than Battier, why? No playing favorites, playoffs is all about production and Von PRODUCES

Fins4Life
You hang with him???

Lol, were brothers. Clyde Drexler is our father.

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:46 AM
And im rooting for your bulls vs celtics, so show some support!

Jay22Redd
Wow Brooks!

astrosmaniac
This win will change the whole series, b/c we beat them in a tight game. We can win any game this series now, whether in houston or at home, brandon roy isnt playing around, no one on houston has his star power. you saw how he finished yao during the regular season from half court

i can say, well the fact that we blew you out ON THE ROAD shows we can beat you anytime anywhere, while you only won a close game AT HOME. the blazers were under .500 on the road i believe, and the rockets were something like 32-7 at home.

you bring up that half court shot, how many times will he hit that shot? 2 out of 10, 1 out of 10 times?

goku
04-22-2009, 12:47 AM
not so good of a finish on portlands behalf now it shifts to houston

brandt
04-22-2009, 12:47 AM

6? HA! B Roy can't win every game for you and that's what's gona have to happen, even to win in 7.

Fins4Life
04-22-2009, 12:48 AM
6? HA! B Roy can't win every game for you and that's what's gona have to happen, even to win in 7.

He can and he will, aldridge had 28 by the way, so he had help.

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Portland has an amazing young and stacked team, but theres no excuse Yao shouldnt be scoring 30 on them everytime, he only had 5...5...5.......5......5!!!! shot attempts, that ridiculous, none of their big men can guard him and they all had 5 fouls in the 4th, Rockets will win this series i think/Hope, but this crap is inexcusable, 5 shots? LMAO. Aaron Brooks isnt ready to lead this team, get Lowry in the 4th, and Von Wafer needs more minutes than Battier, why? No playing favorites, playoffs is all about production and Von PRODUCES

You cant be serious. Your blaming Yao's 6 (not 5) shot attempts on Brooks?! Get serious.

I agree Von needs more PT though!

chicago lulz
04-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Lol, were brothers. Clyde Drexler is our father.
haha man you've got an impressive family

And im rooting for your bulls vs celtics, so show some support!

Hahaha, appreciated. I am a fan of the Blazers. Big fan of Brandon Roy and I really like what I've seen from LaMarcus. Greg Oden can only get better and hopefully avoid the injuries.

astrosmaniac
Roy can score on battier or artest at will, hes averaging 30 in series, numbers dont lie. He can score 40 2-3 more times this series.

well considering that only the 3rd time IN TRAILBLAZER HISTORY that a player has scored 40+ in the playoffs, i doubt he'll put up 40 2 or 3 more times. averaging 30 points through 2 games is misleading. he was great tonight, the first game, not so much. sure he had 21 points, but on 23 SHOT ATTEMPTS! thats a horrible rate of efficiency. Roy went to the foul line 12 times this game. i watched the game from start to finish and i guarantee you 3, if not 4, of those fouls were ticky tack calls that normally arent called in the playoffs

goku
brooks played good he's got confidence now he did turn the ball over a little but thats ok he is still learning

goku
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM
houston will be hype on friday

val_modus
04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
You cant be serious. Your blaming Yao's 6 (not 5) shot attempts on Brooks?! Get serious.

I agree Von needs more PT though!

.... i never blamed Yao not getting the ball on Brooks... i just said he isnt ready to be a closer or starter for a contending team, too many mistakes and TOs late in the game, if Artest is chuckin it, be a leader and wave him off and get the ball to your 20 million dollar 7'6 All star who just went 9-9 for 24 points in one half in your last game... doesnt seem to hard off a concept

Jay22Redd
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Good luck Deke with your recovery. Even though you didnt get much PT, you were a HUGE part of our team. You had a wonderful career and Im sure the NBA is happy to have had a player like you in the league. Hope to see you on the bench still cheering for us friday night though!!!!!!!

goku
04-22-2009, 01:00 AM

please he had a great game but roy cant do it all he had to do everything just to pull out a win that was close and yao didnt have a good game

brandt
04-22-2009, 01:01 AM

Yes, and they still only won by 4 points at home. They got killed by 27 points at home in the first game, and then only win by 4 tonight. Why not go out on a limb and say in 5?!!!

goku
04-22-2009, 01:01 AM
i hope deke it ok

goku
04-22-2009, 01:02 AM
aldeman turn to make ajustments

goku
04-22-2009, 01:03 AM
brooks is having his way with blake he is averging 25.0pts

DRE'-MAC
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM
That was one of the biggest BS games I've ever seen.
I know that in Game 1 that the refs made some bad calls against the Blazers but nothing even compares to how much they screwed over the Rockets today.
I forgot about those rules they made this season about how if your 7'6 then any time somebody falls over without being touched then its a foul on you. Or if you give Joey Crawford a blow job before the game (Joel Pryzbylla) he and his officiating won't call anything against you.
They never called 3 seconds on the Blazers eventhough every time Yao had the ball outside the paint, Aldridge would come over to DT and he'd be inside the paint the whole time and there would be no call. Or when Roy had the ball and Pryz would set a pick in the paint, he'd stand there forever and still no call

luckynumber_752
04-22-2009, 01:11 AM

Pretty good adjustments fronting Yao, i'd say. How smart do you feel now?

goku
04-22-2009, 01:16 AM
^^everybody do it its nothing new not that smart

luckynumber_752
04-22-2009, 01:20 AM
That was one of the biggest BS games I've ever seen.
I know that in Game 1 that the refs made some bad calls against the Blazers but nothing even compares to how much they screwed over the Rockets today.
I forgot about those rules they made this season about how if your 7'6 then any time somebody falls over without being touched then its a foul on you. Or if you give Joey Crawford a blow job before the game (Joel Pryzbylla) he and his officiating won't call anything against you

Ya. I'm sure Joel Pryzbilla (learn how to spell his name) gave Joey Crawford a blowjob before the game (sarcasm). Get over it. Houston lost. Fair and square. This game was badly called evenly. In fact, it seemed like Stern called the refs before the game and said, "We got a billion people in China watching, lets make sure Yao doesn't get a 5th or 6th foul."

GregOden#1
04-22-2009, 01:20 AM
By the way if there's any doubt that Blazer fans are some of the classiest in the NBA you just have to watch the entire Rose Garden give Mutombo a standing ovation after he went down.

luckynumber_752
04-22-2009, 01:25 AM
I do hope Mutombo is OK. I fear the worst, but hope for the best.

Torque
04-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Damn did anyone see Brooks? He scored 8 points in the last 12 seconds, that's impressive.

AccUrSeD
04-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Ya. I'm sure Joel Pryzbilla (learn how to spell his name) gave Joey Crawford a blowjob before the game (sarcasm). Get over it. Houston lost. Fair and square. This game was badly called evenly. In fact, it seemed like Stern called the refs before the game and said, "We got a billion people in China watching, lets make sure Yao doesn't get a 5th or 6th foul."

Przybilla*

Torque
04-22-2009, 01:30 AM
And I hope Mutombo is OK.

DRE'-MAC
04-22-2009, 01:34 AM
ya, i thought it was very nice of the fans in Portland to give Deke a standing ovation...
I hope its not too serious. We need him as a player, coach and cheerleader

pippsux
04-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Damn did anyone see Brooks? He scored 8 points in the last 12 seconds, that's impressive.

Too little too late.

pippsux
04-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Question, do the same refs call all the games in a series? Game 1 and 2 were two different games in terms of officiating, not fun to watch with constant whistles.

As for Deke sad to see it end this way, one of the toughest guys ironically hurt on a play with Oden. I hope he heals well and thanks for the memories.

This is for you buddy.:no::no::no:

Tblaze
04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Oden fouled out and Yao did not,

complete bs.

Rocket_lover
04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
hey im new to the forum...yesterdays game was really good and all but i couldnt help but notice this was one of the worst officiated games ive seen...idk if its cuz ima rockets fan or if it trully went down like this but the refs won the game for the blazer...still much credit to roy and aldrige...great games

and whos rocketman...he makes the rockets look stupid with his cockiness?

Verbal Christ
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
great game by the blazers. cant blame the refs, they called crap on both sides all night. joey crawford with his T Rex arms is a nit, i mean how many times did he get over-ruled last night on horseshit calls? but in the end the blazers played about as well as they could IMO, we couldnt execute late, and there you have it. im sure the ROX feel OK, we didnt play as well as we could have and only lost by 4, on the road. you people think the rose garden was crazy, wait till you see toyota center on friday. we still have the home court advantage and we should be just fine.

luckynumber_752
04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Przybilla*

Lol. I think I might have had one too many in me when I posted that. Thanx bro. Hilarious humility on my part.

luckynumber_752
04-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I watched the entire game and rewound on my DVR on pretty much any call that didn't look obvious. In all honesty, I don't think the refs picked sides at all. Besides, Portland gets arguably the worst calls in history, along with all other Northwest sports. This game was badly officiated on both sides equally. Of course, as a Blazer fan, at the time all I could do was ***** about how they wouldn't call a 5th foul on Yao.

Verbal Christ
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
how about the shove oden gave yao? did that not constitute a tech? if yao does that he probably gets thrown out.

Chronz
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
lol yea that was funny, the last thing you want to do is get Yao mad. Oden is in for a world of hurt in Houston.

Chronz
04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
By the way if there's any doubt that Blazer fans are some of the classiest in the NBA you just have to watch the entire Rose Garden give Mutombo a standing ovation after he went down.
Can you name a fanbase that wouldve cheered had Mutombo gone down?

GregOden#1
04-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Can you name a fanbase that wouldve cheered had Mutombo gone down?

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 03:26 AM
^ Lol!

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 03:28 AM
how about the shove oden gave yao? did that not constitute a tech? if yao does that he probably gets thrown out.

As if Greg gets star calls and Yao doesn't. That's a little back wards.

Verbal Christ
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
^^ you missed the point entirely. its not about star calls, but that specific instance, and again you cant go around shoving people dude c'mon, no way you can support that. fire and passion are one thing, pansy shoving cuz you're mad is another.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
^^ you missed the point entirely. its not about star calls, but that specific instance, and again you cant go around shoving people dude c'mon, no way you can support that. fire and passion are one thing, pansy shoving cuz you're mad is another.

Emotions run high in the playoffs. You can't call him a pansy for shoving Yao. They got tangled up and Oden felt he needed to show that he wasn't gonna back down. Was it the right thing to do? No. Shoving somebody in any game situation isn't right, but when you're in the heat of the game, you don't really stop to think things through. Either way, it was a good no call by the refs IMO. The refs understand that emotions run high in the playoffs. My main point before was that if Oden wasn't gonna get called for it, neither would Yao.

GregOden#1
04-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Emotions run high in the playoffs. You can't call him a pansy for shoving Yao. They got tangled up and Oden felt he needed to show that he wasn't gonna back down. Was it the right thing to do? No. Shoving somebody in any game situation isn't right, but when you're in the heat of the game, you don't really stop to think things through. Either way, it was a good no call by the refs IMO. The refs understand that emotions run high in the playoffs. My main point before was that if Oden wasn't gonna get called for it, neither would Yao.

They called a foul on Oden

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 06:02 PM
They called a foul on Oden

We were talkin bout a tech. They didn't call a tech.

Verbal Christ
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM
a good 'no call' in an ocean of horseshit ones??? LOL oookay. good luck tommorrow night.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 06:39 PM
a good 'no call' in an ocean of horseshit ones??? LOL oookay. good luck tommorrow night.

Good luck to u too bro. I hope this time the refs don't loose the game 4 you. You guys totally beat us. It wasn't even close. Damn refs. Everytime the Rockets get somethin goin... Damn refs.:rolleyes:

Verbal Christ
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Good luck to u too bro. I hope this time the refs don't loose the game 4 you. You guys totally beat us. It wasn't even close. Damn refs. Everytime the Rockets get somethin goin... Damn refs.:rolleyes:

okay enough is enough. i've tried to be an objective fan, but dog you are just full of ****. okay no one said that the refs lost us the game, RE-READ my post again, did i say the refs beat us? no. am i crying about calls? no. calls were ****ed up for both teams, how in that short sentence can you fail to see that im not making excuses??? all i said is that you cant have players pushing other players regardless of situation, its AGAINST THE RULES!! okay, what part of that is so hard to understand. you're the macho, alpha male poster, yeah okay everyone gets it, knock yourself out, but please be somewhat intelligible, instead of puffing your chest out and patronizing, god damn you can be annoying.

luckynumber_752
04-23-2009, 08:22 PM
okay enough is enough. i've tried to be an objective fan, but dog you are just full of ****. okay no one said that the refs lost us the game, RE-READ my post again, did i say the refs beat us? no. am i crying about calls? no. calls were ****ed up for both teams, how in that short sentence can you fail to see that im not making excuses??? all i said is that you cant have players pushing other players regardless of situation, its AGAINST THE RULES!! okay, what part of that is so hard to understand. you're the macho, alpha male poster, yeah okay everyone gets it, knock yourself out, but please be somewhat intelligible, instead of puffing your chest out and patronizing, god damn you can be annoying.

Lol. God damn dude! I was ****in with u. Don't get all butt hurt about it. Jesus Verbal Christ! It sounded to me like u were throwing somethin in my face about the calls since u quoted me. My bad. Wow. And U called ME feminine the other day. It's all good. Your a good fan man.