PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Tue April 21st - 1st Round - Western Conference (1) LA Lakers vs (8) Utah

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
( 1 ) LA Lakers (65-17) vs. ( 8 ) Utah Jazz (48-34)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

LA Lakers Lead Series 1-0 Series Breakdown

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Lakers Won Season Series 2-1
Jan. 2: at Lakers 113, Jazz 100
Feb. 11: at Jazz 113, Lakers 109
Apr. 14: at Lakers 125, Jazz 112

Game 2 Utah @ L.A. Lakers, 10:30 p.m., TNT (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2009042113)

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Phil Jackson wants a better sustained effort from the Lakers against the Utah Jazz. Not a repeat of the second half when Utah camped out at the free-throw line, scored inside and mucked up the flow.

Sure, the Lakers won Sunday’s series opener by 13 points, but they got outscored in the second half after leading by 22 at the break.

Jackson was so displeased with the final 24 minutes that he wrote a message afterward in the locker room: “15? Not like that.” He was referring to the team needing 15 more victories to win its first NBA championship since 2002.

“We’re not going to win 15 games if we play like that,” Jackson said Monday. “This is a time of the season where you look for improvement.”

The Jazz will be looking to end its 10-game losing skid at Staples Center in Game 2 Tuesday night. Utah coach Jerry Sloan questioned his team’s nastiness after their loss, and he was still prodding them Monday.

You’ve got to get up and guard people,” he said. “This is the playoffs. It’s not the regular season. We’re playing, to some extent, like it’s a regular-season game. They’re too good a team to play that way.”

Carlos Boozer offered his interpretation of Sloan’s

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2426.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Jazz.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3929.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/4142.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2778.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3632.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3547.jpg

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Ronnie Brewer
SF - C.J. Miles
PF - Carlos Boozer
C - Mehmet Okur

superkegger
04-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Is Memo going to be back?

ARMIN12NBA
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
The Lakers are the #1 seed. Not the #3 seed.

still1ballin
04-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Hopefully Bynum can have a bigger game offensively.

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 11:45 PM
The Lakers are the #1 seed. Not the #3 seed.

good catch. Corrected. I was originally just doing the eastern conference games though.

superkegger
04-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Hopefully Bynum can have a bigger game offensively.

Meh, not really that important. As long as he provides that presence in the middle and boards well, we should be fine.

NYMetros
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Not sure if this is a bigger game for the Lakers or Jazz.

Brooke
04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Meh, not really that important. As long as he provides that presence in the middle and boards well, we should be fine.

any points they get from him is a bonus. What they need from him is rebounding and his defense

Wilson
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Not sure if this is a bigger game for the Lakers or Jazz.

I would say the Jazz, you don't want to go down 2-0. For the Lakers though, I don't want to be tied heading into Utah, it's still really tough to win there.

Utah also need to show they have the ability to win on the road, so a win here would be absolutely huge for them.

still1ballin
04-21-2009, 12:13 AM

Yeah thats for sure, but what I meant was more then just 7 pts and more aggressive.

Brooke
04-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah thats for sure, but what I meant was more then just 7 pts and more aggressive.

well being in foul trouble sure didnt help him.

still1ballin
04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
well being in foul trouble sure didnt help him.

*and stay out of foul trouble:rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 05:51 AM
lets go Utah, at least make it tight going down the stretch and who knows

DrDEADalready
04-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Go Jazz!

hotdogbun
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM
still lakers in 4

bahama0811
04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
The Jazz have to win this game. They've been bad all year on the road. They've got to turn that around if they even want to have a chance in this series. I just don't see them getting more than 1 win.

theimortalone
04-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Go Jazz. Hopefully they can win this game. Not likely, but hey, it could happen! :shrug:

Kabowdos
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Lakers are just going to be too much for the Jazz to handle especially at home. I think it will be a closer game, but the Lakers will prevail. Jazz might take one at home. Lakers are going to win this series.

NYMetros
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I would say the Jazz, you don't want to go down 2-0. For the Lakers though, I don't want to be tied heading into Utah, it's still really tough to win there.

Utah also need to show they have the ability to win on the road, so a win here would be absolutely huge for them.

True. But i wouldn't feel comfortable heading into Utah for 2 games tied in the series 1-1. Utah could easily end up winning both those home games and then the Lakers are down 3-1. That place is so hard to play in, the Jazz fans make it so loud and a very hostile environment.

But the only chance Utah has at winning this series is winning this game tonight IMO.

superkegger
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
The Jazz didn't pose a huge threat in game 1, I don't see how it suddenly changes now. Should be another pretty dominant win for the Lakers.

gqjatt209
04-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Utah Jazz will keep this game close. It will be decided down the stretch. You Laker fans better pray that Jazz don't win this one. Jazz exposed their weakness on the inside game. There won't be too many jump shots from the Jazz this game. Gasol and Bynum will probably foul out. I hate to admit it, but I'm a man and being a Jazz fan, i'll admit that lakers will win the series in 5 or maybe 6.

Lakers suck phil jackson's ****. Just like their owner and his daughter.

DrDEADalready
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Jazz for the win and soon to come. upset.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
True. But i wouldn't feel comfortable heading into Utah for 2 games tied in the series 1-1. Utah could easily end up winning both those home games and then the Lakers are down 3-1. That place is so hard to play in, the Jazz fans make it so loud and a very hostile environment.

But the only chance Utah has at winning this series is winning this game tonight IMO.

I know. If Utah do manage to pull one out tonight, then it's going to be an even louder arena in Salt Laker on Thursday.

I'm looking forward to seeing what adjustments both teams made, I wouldn't be suprised to see Bynum have a big game tonight.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Utah Jazz will keep this game close. It will be decided down the stretch. You Laker fans better pray that Jazz don't win this one. Jazz exposed their weakness on the inside game. There won't be too many jump shots from the Jazz this game. Gasol and Bynum will probably foul out. I hate to admit it, but I'm a man. Lakers will win the series in 5 or maybe 6.

Lakers suck phil johnson's ****. Just like their owner and his daughter.

:confused:

superkegger
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Utah Jazz will keep this game close. It will be decided down the stretch. You Laker fans better pray that Jazz don't win this one. Jazz exposed their weakness on the inside game. There won't be too many jump shots from the Jazz this game. Gasol and Bynum will probably foul out. I hate to admit it, but I'm a man. Lakers will win the series in 5 or maybe 6.

Who's Phil Johnson?

what54!?
04-21-2009, 01:01 PM
lakers got this one. The jazz don't win until they get back home

still1ballin
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Who's Phil Johnson?

asst. coach of the jazz

kingkobe
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM

Funniest post of the day.

I'm sorry that you hate that you are a man. and Phil Johnson...:laugh:

theimortalone
04-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Uh you mean Phil Jackson? :laugh:

NDP1981
04-21-2009, 01:39 PM

You already had me scratching my head when you said "I hate to admit it, but I'm a man" But then you out do yourself with "Phil Johnson"...ha ha ha...funniest post of the week.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Funniest post of the day.

I'm sorry that you hate that you are a man. and Phil Johnson...:laugh:

:laugh2: :laugh2: I didn't notice that, I was lost in the Phil Johnson hooplah...that's a world class post there...

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
lol whats going on

and Phil plays a pivitol role in keeping Jerry from attacking officials

still1ballin
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
its greasy

Bucsfan
04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
hey jimbob...whats up with D will's hair?

why dont you call him and ask?

like any jazz fan knows, who cares anyway? you have a love affair with his hair? you wanna **** dwill dont ya ***?

ATX
04-21-2009, 03:54 PM

Operations aren't too expensive these days.

rabueed
04-21-2009, 03:55 PM
why dont you call him and ask?

like any jazz fan knows, who cares anyway? you have a love affair with his hair? you wanna **** dwill dont ya ***?

:confused: are you okay?

it's okay, you can't blame the Jazz, they're trying! And you shouldn't come in here and take out aggression on everyone, not :cool:.

besides, it's a joke. :rolleyes:

Bucsfan
04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
yes and its becoming a joke that is borderline baiting, do you want me to post a link to all the posts regarding dwills hair have been made/posted by lakers fans? its baiting

there is supposed to be a zero tolerance policy, talking crap is fine, but a joke is funny once or twice, after about 30-40 times of seeing the same joke is it still funny to you? just like most of the time how kobe rape jokes get old? see my point

keep doing it though, test that zero tolerance policy

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 03:58 PM
hey jimbob...whats up with D will's hair?

Deron's hair is being done no favors by HD. He's grown it, its a lil fuzzy to cover up his baldness. You'd think with the money he gets he could treat it instead of ending up like Fisher by the time he's 25

^and to be fair we have been asked about this since we brought it up back in December, so yeah its a bit repetitive.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I remember someone asking about Deron's hair in the game one thread in the Laker forum. I didn't even notice anything, although I am watching online, and not always with the best of quality...

DrDEADalready
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah I never got the big deal with it anyways. And I have HDtv as well. So the man is balding. Give the guy a break. He can still whoop your ***. and No team has a answer for him.

Gibby23
04-21-2009, 04:22 PM
yes and its becoming a joke that is borderline baiting, do you want me to post a link to all the posts regarding dwills hair have been made/posted by lakers fans? its baiting

there is supposed to be a zero tolerance policy, talking crap is fine, but a joke is funny once or twice, after about 30-40 times of seeing the same joke is it still funny to you? just like most of the time how kobe rape jokes get old? see my point

keep doing it though, test that zero tolerance policy

Come on, you can ask us about sasha's hair or why Gasol looks like a lama. I was just messing with you guy's last week.

By the way, D Will's hair looked better in game 1 than it did in the last game of the season.

DrDEADalready
04-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Speakin of Gasol. His Facial hair looks likes pubes. Can someone please tell him this. Hey if you cant grow a beard. Don't grow one. it just makes you look like your face was buried in Kobe's crotch.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Come on, you can ask us about sasha's hair or why Gasol looks like a lama. I was just messing with you guy's last week.

By the way, D Will's hair looked better in game 1 than it did in the last game of the season.

:laugh: I've never heard that one before...

rabueed
04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Speakin of Gasol. His Facial hair looks likes pubes. Can someone please tell him this. Hey if you cant grow a beard. Don't grow one. it just makes you look like your face was buried in Kobe's crotch.

:laugh:

dude, bucsfan, relax, man, I've made Kobe rape jokes myself and i'm a Laker fan. believe me, dude, it's all in fun, no one is questioning his skill, we just like to rag on their appearances since it's about all we can discredit them for.

rabueed
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Lakers in 5.

DWILL will show up, that's about it. And I give Miles or Brewer or whoever starts creditfor defending Kobe, I actually think he does pretty well. That being said, The Lakers are gonna rip you guys apart and throw you away.

And Deron went ballistic on Bynum. He straight up sprinted at Bynum and tried to Hadouken his *** all the way back to Utah's bench so they could gang rape him. Then Kobe would have broken it up and let them know that it's not the best idea. :p

I love the playoff atmosphere in this thread. straight up attacking posts left and right. way to back up your teams, fans. :clap:

see?

junion
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM

he has to grow a beard or else if he shaves it, then it'll look like he doesn't have a jaw.

ink
04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I love the playoff atmosphere in this thread. straight up attacking posts left and right. way to back up your teams, fans.

see?

This isn't "playoff atmosphere". It's baiting and there is zero tolerance for it. DO NOT post this kind of stuff in each other's forums or I can guarantee the banning sticks will come out. :cool:

superkegger
04-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Uh oh, talk of the banning sticks. It's one thing to get banned, but geting banned with a banning stick, now that's rough.

Anyway, I don't know why we're discussing Deron's hair. So he's going bald, so what. Dude can straight ball. It's a back handed compliment to him that all you've got on him is his hair.

Whatever though, back to the real issues. I expect Pau and Drew to clean up their poor rebounding performances. Lamar should have a better perfromance there too. Don't know if you guys saw the video, but a day or two before the series, Kobe was asked what the key was, he simply said, "defensive rebounding". Which is somewhat prophetic of what they didn't do, in giving up 20 O boards. So hopefully they can clean that up and lay an even bigger whooping on the Jazz.

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 05:24 PM

more to the point, has anyone seen Roy when he tries to grow a beard, its patchy as hell, just awful.

and question, does Bynum grow facial hair?

Wilson
04-21-2009, 05:32 PM
more to the point, has anyone seen Roy when he tries to grow a beard, its patchy as hell, just awful.

and question, does Bynum grow facial hair?

He had a Shaq-goatee at the beginning of the season, but has since shaven it.

The first time I grew a beard, I had one line down my chin where it didn't grow and it looked like a racing stripe. The moral of the story is this: You need to appreciate that beard's take time and dedication...

rabueed
04-21-2009, 05:43 PM
This isn't "playoff atmosphere". It's baiting and there is zero tolerance for it. DO NOT post this kind of stuff in each other's forums or I can guarantee the banning sticks will come out. :cool:

this was before the zero tolerance thing, and I said it as a joke. What my point was is that I make fun of Laker players, too, not to disrespect them or anything, it's just funny. Kinda like how everyone rags on Rodman, dude looks weird, but he has talent. No one has any real baggage on DWill or KB24, so we make fun of the things we can. And no one is trying to be hurtful with the comments in here, I think the Laker and Utah fans have been pretty friendly to each other. :shrug:

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 05:44 PM
He had a Shaq-goatee at the beginning of the season, but has since shaven it.

The first time I grew a beard, I had one line down my chin where it didn't grow and it looked like a racing stripe. The moral of the story is this: You need to appreciate that beard's take time and dedication...

soul patch..niccce

ink
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
this was before the zero tolerance thing, and I said it as a joke. What my point was is that I make fun of Laker players, too, not to disrespect them or anything, it's just funny. Kinda like how everyone rags on Rodman, dude looks weird, but he has talent. No one has any real baggage on DWill or KB24, so we make fun of the things we can. And no one is trying to be hurtful with the comments in here, I think the Laker and Utah fans have been pretty friendly to each other. :shrug:

Just letting you guys know. :) A few posters went overboard in another thread a few days ago and ended up banned. It's not worth it. We want our good posters to be around for the whole post-season. The Lakers-Jazz stuff was a problem in the Jazz forum last year so we don't want a repeat of that. Thanks.

lakers4sho
04-21-2009, 05:52 PM
sup fellas

hoping for a good game tonight

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm fine about you asking about D Wills hair, I can take it just as I can dish out some larfs.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
yeah, I gotcha, I'll watch my tone. ;)

what thread was it, btw?

I got my first infraction a couple days ago. :D

I remember you commenting on that in the Laker off-topic thread, you're wearing it like a badge of honour :p

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
anyone else get a life changing pm from that guy, he dropped a bombshell on me that I was gay.

that cudda gotten awkward

dbroncos78087
04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Guys please dont quote or respond to those kind of comments, it means we have to deleted a lot less stuff and the thread doesnt look so bad.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Fair enough...

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 06:57 PM
The Jazz are so scary they made me wet the bed

true dat Wilson

theimortalone
04-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow this thread is getting intense I swear! :p

Wilson
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
true dat Wilson makes me 'wet' the bed

:cool:

jimbobjarree
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
haha, you do.

what you gunna do wilson? I'm going bed now and waking up for the second half at 5ish then go back to bed and wake up for school at 8ish...rough

rabueed
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
I remember you commenting on that in the Laker off-topic thread, you're wearing it like a badge of honour :p

i'm proud of it because of how hilarious the comment was. Plus i'm no longer an violator virgin. I popped the cherry. :D

Wilson
04-21-2009, 07:12 PM
haha, you do.

what you gunna do wilson? I'm going bed now and waking up for the second half at 5ish then go back to bed and wake up for school at 8ish...rough

I think I'm pulling an all nighter. I've got to hand some work in tomorrow in between 10 and 11, but I have to print it all tomorrow, as well get a two page essay bound for some reason.

I'm slowly typing everything up at the moment, so I think I'm just going to go the distance, hand it in, sleep through the day, then wake up in time for some play-off games tomorrow night :D

Wilson
04-21-2009, 07:13 PM

i'm proud of it because of how hilarious the comment was. Plus i'm no longer an violator virgin. I popped the cherry. :D

:laugh2: Popped the cherry. Congratulations :cheers:

I'm still an infraction virgin...:shrug:

rabueed
04-21-2009, 07:16 PM
:laugh2: Popped the cherry. Congratulations :cheers:

I'm still an infraction virgin...:shrug:

well, no time like the playoffs...;)

what an influence I am, huh?

Wilson
04-21-2009, 07:19 PM
well, no time like the playoffs...;)

what an influence I am, huh?

:laugh2: We'll see what happens...

rabueed
04-21-2009, 07:24 PM

haha, I now have a feeling one day Wilson's gonna come in here and explode on somebody for no reason at all.

That would be awesome. :cool:

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow, that last page was half filled with deleted post. Haha, wonder what the discussion was about. Anyways, I'll be rooting for the Mormon state because D Wills is a former Fighting Illini.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 07:32 PM
haha, I now have a feeling one day Wilson's gonna come in here and explode on somebody for no reason at all.

That would be awesome. :cool:

I'm a ticking time bomb, a loose cannon...

Bucsfan
04-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Ive never done either, i try not to notice players fashion sense, i could care less how they look

Wow, that last page was half filled with deleted post. Haha, wonder what the discussion was about. Anyways, I'll be rooting for the Mormon state because D Wills is a former Fighting Illini.

the mormon state? was that comment really neccessary? all it shows is ignorance and that you know nothing about utah

thats like me saying im rooting for new jersey because alot of blacks live there, or im rooting for miami because i love cubans, its ignorance

_Sn1P3r_
04-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I expect a tougher game for the Lakers this time around. I can see the possibility of Deron playing the full 48 because they play much better when he's on. Go Lakers!

Gibby23
04-21-2009, 08:01 PM

What part of England are you and Jimbo from?

still1ballin
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
i love l.a. <---------- slava MeDAveNKO

Wilson
04-21-2009, 08:05 PM
the mormon state? was that comment really neccessary? all it shows is ignorance and that you know nothing about utah

thats like me saying im rooting for new jersey because alot of blacks live there, or im rooting for miami because i love cubans, its ignorance

You need to be more thick skinned man. People are always going to say things, it's better to just ignore it. I've had people saying things to me pretty much my entire life, and I don't think I'm different from anyone else in that sense. All you can do is ignore it...

What part of England are you and Jimbo from?

I'm from Manchester, but I'm living in Stoke at the moment for uni. I think Jimbob said he's from Leicester.

Are you English?

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Ive never done either, i try not to notice players fashion sense, i could care less how they look

I guess jokes aren't allowed in this forum. And in all fairness, it's not like Brigham Young didn't settle in Utah. The Mormon faith does make up quite a bit of Utah's history. And doesn't the Mormon faith make up a majority of Utah's religion/belief/what have you as far as population goes? Was that comment really that offensive?

Wilson
04-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I've just noticed that the game thread says 'April 21th' :laugh2: That's some nice work JB...:p

Giants27
04-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Lets make this a 2 game lead.

Gibby23
04-21-2009, 08:15 PM
You need to be more thick skinned man. People are always going to say things, it's better to just ignore it. I've had people saying things to me pretty much my entire life, and I don't think I'm different from anyone else in that sense. All you can do is ignore it...

I'm from Manchester, but I'm living in Stoke at the moment for uni. I think Jimbob said he's from Leicester.

Are you English?

No, but I have family in Letchworth and I was in England a year ago and will be back next year. We took a short flight to Dublin to go party. I love the fact that you guy's have Pubs everywhere.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 08:26 PM
No, but I have family in Letchworth and I was in England a year ago and will be back next year. We took a short flight to Dublin to go party. I love the fact that you guy's have Pubs everywhere.

:laugh2: Yeah, you're never far away from a good pub. I don't even drink, but it's cool when you're never more than a five minute walk away from a few games of pool :up:

I think I'm going to Dublin for a weekend for my friend's 21st birthday in September, should be pretty cool...

Wilson
04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Kobe's 45 points away from Hakeem for the 8th all time leading scorer in the play-offs, he should overtake him in this series. He's not too far away from 7th after that I don't think, I didn't see the graphic properly though.

Bucsfan
04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I guess jokes aren't allowed in this forum. And in all fairness, it's not like Brigham Young didn't settle in Utah. The Mormon faith does make up quite a bit of Utah's history. And doesn't the Mormon faith make up a majority of Utah's religion/belief/what have you as far as population goes? Was that comment really that offensive?

of course jokes are allowed, if they are funny

do you live in utah? do you really know how it is? or just what other ignorant people tell you?

i dont think one jazz fan on here is mormon, so those jokes arent funny, there are much better mormon jokes, and no mormons are not the majority anymore, they were at one time, they still help run our government, but most of them are moving to california, as shown by proposition 8, utah still probalby has a larger portion than anywhere in america, but to say utah is the mormon state is just stupid, idaho has probably about the same amount, illinois also has quite a few

Only 12% of all Mormons live in Utah. Most Mormons do not live in North America

taken from a google search, 12% is still a large number for such a large religion, but to stereotype utahns is like me stereotyping blacks as criminals....

try coming up with something different

Wilson
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
to stereotype utahns is like me stereotyping blacks as criminals....

It's similar, but it's not nearly as bad. Stereotyping blacks as cirminals is obviously quite a negative (and false) stereotype. Whilst stereotyping all Utahns as Mormon is wrong, it's not an insult.

I can see how stuff like that would become irritating, but I still think you need to relax a little.

Bucsfan
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
It's similar, but it's not nearly as bad. Stereotyping blacks as cirminals is obviously quite a negative (and false) stereotype. Whilst stereotyping all Utahns as Mormon is wrong, it's not an insult.

I can see how stuff like that would become irritating, but I still think you need to relax a little.

well try growing up in utah in the 80's/ early 90's with mormon shoved down my throat all the time being a non mormon, i lost friends because i didnt go to church, i hate being stereotyped as one because im not as ignorant as most mormons, no jazz players are mormon either fyi

Wilson
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
well try growing up in utah in the 80's/ early 90's with mormon shoved down my throat all the time being a non mormon, i lost friends because i didnt go to church, i hate being stereotyped as one because im not as ignorant as most mormons, no jazz players are mormon either fyi

You can't complain about being stereotyped, and then use a stereotype to complain about a group of people, and you probably shouldn't use ignorance as your reason for being better than the group you're stereotyping.

It doesn't really bother me whether the Jazz have no mormons, or if they're all mormons to be honest.

I can't relate to losing friends for not going to church, but you've got to look at what's being said in this thread. It shouldn't be much of a problem if someone is calling you a mormon over the internet, it was just a throw away comment. If someone was calling you a mormon, and trying to insinuate that you were a bad person because of it, then I could see your issue.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Anyway good luck tonight Bucsfan, I'm not trying to start a fight with you...

lakers4sho
04-21-2009, 10:16 PM
sup fellas

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
of course jokes are allowed, if they are funny

do you live in utah? do you really know how it is? or just what other ignorant people tell you?

i dont think one jazz fan on here is mormon, so those jokes arent funny, there are much better mormon jokes, and no mormons are not the majority anymore, they were at one time, they still help run our government, but most of them are moving to california, as shown by proposition 8, utah still probalby has a larger portion than anywhere in america, but to say utah is the mormon state is just stupid, idaho has probably about the same amount, illinois also has quite a few

taken from a google search, 12% is still a large number for such a large religion, but to stereotype utahns is like me stereotyping blacks as criminals....

I'm not saying that everyone who lives in Utah is a Mormon. Nor am I saying anything about the fans or players. Based off of the wikipedia page Mormons make up 68% of Utah's religion. Is Mormonism not a big part of the state's history? And as you said in your other reply they are apart of running your government. Or at least help. My intentions on the comment was not to insult your state or to Mormons. I don't think negatively of either. Stereotyping Utahn's as Mormon compared to Blacks as criminals is a bit different considering the negative connotations with being a criminal. Mormon does not equal bad where as criminal does.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 10:18 PM
How's it going L4S?

lakers4sho
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
so what's the big fuss right now about? I'm lazy to read the previous posts :p

Wilson
04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
so what's the big fuss right now about? I'm lazy to read the previous posts :p

Bucsfan was upset about someone saying something about Utah being the 'Mormon State', and there was some argument around that.

Pretty much just killing time before the game :p

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Get this game started!

KmB728
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Please TBS take the slaughter fest off, and put on the Lakers Jazz game

Wilson
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Please TBS take the slaughter fest off, and put on the Lakers Jazz game

I know, I've never understood why they keep a blow out on TV and delay another game.

To be fair, it did look like the Pistons might come back and steal this, but there've been plenty of times where they show the last few minutes of a 25 point game where both teams are just going through the motions, and delay another game in the process. What's the point? Are you really going to lose that many viewers if you go to the next game?

superkegger
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
hmm, which game thread to post in....

superkegger
04-21-2009, 10:49 PM
trevor hitting again, love it

KmB728
04-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Sasha is going nuts on the bench

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Bynum with a sick rejection.

FaceDown91
04-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Wow Bynum is looking great, 5-5 FG, 10 points and made a sick rejection.

superkegger
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Bynum is dominating this one so far. Jazz just don't have anyone to match up with him and Pau at the same time

Brooke
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow Bynum is completely dominating right now

NFLNBA
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Gasol Kills Boozer and Bynum Kills Collins

superkegger
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Kobe, 0 shots

FaceDown91
04-21-2009, 10:58 PM
wow. dumb move by phil for taking bynum out while he's hot. such an overrated coach :pity:

superkegger
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
haha, kobe looking to go to work, then just passed it off. love it

superkegger
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
damn, dwill looking to score, he's got to though

Wilson
04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
hmm, which game thread to post in....

I think I'm mostly going to hang out in the Laker forum, there seem to be a lot more arguments in the NBA forum...

Sasha is going nuts on the bench

I love that guy. He's our guy that just pisses the opponent off, he's awesome :p

Fish for three :D nice response by Utah though...

NFLNBA
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Trading 3's! Really it seems like the only guy who can score is Deron and the Lakers are trying to let Brewer beat them by leaving him wide open. Lakers really need to go inside EVERYtime down either to Gasol, Bynum or Odom

superkegger
04-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Quite the impressive first quarter by the Lakers. If only they played a bit more defense, they'd be up by more than 12.

superkegger
04-21-2009, 11:22 PM
:sigh: our bench sucking it up again. Jordan and Sasha :pity:

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 11:32 PM
13 pt lead.

Wilson
04-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Lakers need to show some motivation again in the second half...

JordansBulls
04-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Where in the world is Okur at? Collins kills the Jazz team. He can't do anything.

Wilson
04-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Bad decision by Kobe there...

JordansBulls
04-22-2009, 12:39 AM
The two top seeds dominating.

NYMetros
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I like the way Kobe is playing. Letting the game come to him, getting teammates involved early, and then taking over in the 4th quarter.

Torque
04-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Gasol is a beast!!

FaceDown91
04-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Ariza with the 3! wow!

superkegger
04-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Too close for comfort, but the Lakers took care of business.

Torque
04-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Ariza sealed the game.

NYMetros
04-22-2009, 01:18 AM
OMG Kobe just threw an elbow!! He is classless I'm gunna go create a thread about him being dirty right now! All this winning must have gone to his head!!

jimbobjarree
04-22-2009, 01:23 AM
jazz are a disgrace. how ****ing poor in the clutch can you be. none of our players except deron and booz believed we could win. pathetic. If we dont get swept i'll be very suprised

LA412
04-22-2009, 01:25 AM
We need to learn how to keep leads

superkegger
04-22-2009, 01:26 AM
I'll be surprised if you do get swept. You'll at least win one in Utah.

Go Dodgers!
04-22-2009, 01:29 AM
That Ariza basket was huge..

Brooke
04-22-2009, 01:29 AM
I really dont think the Jazz will get swept, they will at least win 1 in Utah

Torque
04-22-2009, 01:31 AM
I realy dont think the Jazz will get swept, they will at least win 1 in Utah

Yeah I agree, I have a feeling we will lose the next 2 at their home. Utah is not an easy team to beat with everyone healthy.

GoatMilk
04-22-2009, 01:36 AM
I swear the only thing CP has on DWill is speed

lol watch him blow me away tomorrow vs. Denver

Teeboy1487
04-22-2009, 02:23 AM
OMG Kobe just threw an elbow!! He is classless I'm gunna go create a thread about him being dirty right now! All this winning must have gone to his head!!

:horse::horse::horse::horse:

hockeypro68
04-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Lakers would have lost if Okur played. Thats the bottom line. Even if he's not at 100%, spreading the floor as a center and a 3 point threat would have done it. His presence alone would have helped the jazz, both offensively and defensively.

MVMarauder
04-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Lakers would have lost if Okur played. Thats the bottom line. Even if he's not at 100%, spreading the floor as a center and a 3 point threat would have done it. His presence alone would have helped the jazz, both offensively and defensively.

Kobe would of taken over he hasnt had to take over yet since we build a comfortable lead.

GoatMilk
04-22-2009, 03:20 AM

none of these what if's man.

what if Okur played?
what if Okur played the worst D on Bynum and he dropped 35 on the jazz?

and it goes on and on and on
what if he taking shots took some away from korver or boozer or someone else? except he missed more than he made, more than the other would have?

jimbobjarree
04-22-2009, 03:26 AM
I wonder what would have happened if Okur played. Its not like our D could have gotten any worse, he would have improved our offense, especialy in the clutch when nobody else stepped up.

I just hope we can face you guys fully fit over the next 3 days and make this a series

Spurred1
04-23-2009, 03:57 AM
So is Okur going to play in game 3?

Wilson
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
:horse::horse::horse::horse:

I think Metros was being sarcastic...