PDA

View Full Version : what are you gonna do in the offseason?

emass
04-20-2009, 04:26 AM
Hey, I'm a Knicks fan but I really like Russell Westbrook (wish the Knicks traded up for him...) so I started to follow your team a bit. I really like your roster, I think you're a young team that's going to become a perennial playoff contender once you add a piece or two. Most mock drafts I've seen have you guys getting Thabeet assuming you land the #4 pick. If that's the case, what do you do with the $13mill you've got to spend? Do you think you should make a run at a great perimeter shooter like Ben Gordon? Or just save it? Thats a pretty dirty lineup, if you ask me:

PG Westbrook
SG B. Gordon
SF Durant
PF Jeff Green
C Hasheem Thabeet

dirk206
04-20-2009, 06:40 AM
I don't expect us to sign any big name free agent this offseason, if anything I'd expect us to try and lock up Kevin Durant & Jeff Green to long term deals. If anything you could see us sign some veteran guys to fill out the roster but that's about it as far as free agents go, just wait till 2010 to sign a big name player. As far as the draft, their's no way i see Thabeet dropping to anybody at the #4 pick, unless he really F's up during pre-draft workouts, I could see him going as high as #1 (yes getting picked ahead of Blake Griffin) and as low as probably #3 pick. He is the best C in the draft, Griffin is a PF. But like I said before, if Blake Griffin & Thabeet are gone, I say go SG and get James Harden. I'd pass on Jordan Hill.

Kjthunder
04-20-2009, 03:10 PM
i agree that'd be a good lineup but i agree more with dirk about waiting till 2010 and signing a big name free agent. this offseason focus on green and durant. we need them to be Thunder players for a long long time. Also in 2010 we need to make sure and re-sign Livingston and Thabo.

RFA: Rudy Gay, JJ Redick (i know he hasn't been great,but with minutes he could make shots for us), Ronnie Brewer, Roger Mason, CDR,
URFA: Dwayne Wade(i wish), Lebron(i wish), Bosh (possible), Amare (possible but don't want), John Salmons(could be a good verteran prescence along with being good), and Joe Johnson.

I think the best case we could hope for out of those guys is we could probably get Bosh and Salmons. or possibly Bosh and Joe Johnson(i wish, maybe if joe they wanted a ring and a pay cut).
PG:Westbrook, Livingston
SG:Thabo, Salmons
SF:Durant, Mason
PF:Bosh, Green, Collison
C: Thabeet, Kristic

pretty sick lineup.

dirk206
04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
^ Like I've said before I'd love to get Joe Johnson and have him start at SG, but if we get James Harden in this draft, then that idea goes out the window. I think the most likely is going for a big in 2010, either Chris Bosh or Tyson Chandler (2nd attempt at getting him, LOL). I also would love Ronnie Brewer, he's one of the best on ball defenders in the league and would be an awesome pickup, but I don't think we have room for him.

thatmediadude
04-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Joe Johnson and KD can't co-exist in my mind.. I like:

Westbrook
Gordon
Durant
Griffin
T. Chandler :D

Kjthunder
04-21-2009, 04:50 PM
thats a good lineup especially considering we'd have livingston, thabo, Green, collison, kristic, weaver, and white all coming off the bench. Pretty good bench. But the way Gordon is playing in the playoffs right now, i don't see the Bulls letting him get away. I like the idea of a Griffin/Chandler post though, griffins a good passer so those 2 could easily co-exist.

emass
04-22-2009, 05:07 PM
thats a good lineup especially considering we'd have livingston, thabo, Green, collison, kristic, weaver, and white all coming off the bench. Pretty good bench. But the way Gordon is playing in the playoffs right now, i don't see the Bulls letting him get away. I like the idea of a Griffin/Chandler post though, griffins a good passer so those 2 could easily co-exist.

lol yeah and I'd like to see Griffin on the knicks -- it aint happening though

Kjthunder
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
haha New Orleans already offered us chandler for pretty much nothing so that can happen. I don't think we will get gordon but then again i don't really want him as our starting shooting guard of the future. So everything in that lineup can happen if we get the #1 pick.

emass
04-22-2009, 11:31 PM
haha New Orleans already offered us chandler for pretty much nothing so that can happen. I don't think we will get gordon but then again i don't really want him as our starting shooting guard of the future. So everything in that lineup can happen if we get the #1 pick.

oh yeah i agree with everything u said i was just referring to the #1 pick thing i think you guys have the 4th best chance of getting it. put griffin in that lineup and manage to get chandler again, you're a beastly *** team

el_duderino2484
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey, I'm a Knicks fan but I really like Russell Westbrook (wish the Knicks traded up for him...) so I started to follow your team a bit. I really like your roster, I think you're a young team that's going to become a perennial playoff contender once you add a piece or two. Most mock drafts I've seen have you guys getting Thabeet assuming you land the #4 pick. If that's the case, what do you do with the $13mill you've got to spend? Do you think you should make a run at a great perimeter shooter like Ben Gordon? Or just save it? Thats a pretty dirty lineup, if you ask me:

PG Westbrook
SG B. Gordon
SF Durant
PF Jeff Green
C Hasheem Thabeet

this is a good idea, but i think we should trade westbrook and our 1st rounder for randy foye

el_duderino2484
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
or artest

Carey
04-23-2009, 09:51 PM
I really dont see Presti going after ben gordon unless he becomes less expensive. KD, Green, and Westbrook getting extensions are priority #1. Sefolosha will be a restricted free agent after next season, Shaun Livingston is building his value up and he will command a decent contract. I know they are far from becoming free agents but a guy like Gordon will want 5 years and im jus not sure it's worth it because he can only impact the game on one end of the floor. You look at san antonio, they lock up their core and they find the right pieces to go around them, not jus spend money just to spend it on who happens to be a free agent at the time or who can score 20 a night. I could see a less expensive but smart signing or two like a Von Wafer or Chris Anderson. Then in the Draft Thabeet, Griffin, Hill or Harden would be the probably list of guys they look at with lottery pick. With the other 1st round pick im starting to think that there is a slim chance we keep that pick. With the expiring contracts of Earl Watson, Damien Wilkins, Chucky Atkins i think they may make a deal with that pick involved for a vet from a team trying to shred salary. Besides our big 3 we have sefolosha, weaver, white, livingston, krstic, possibly Ibaka and Hardin....all players under 25, we have to get more experience but more capable players then the vets we had this year. But if anybody is looking for a big splash or what i like to call a "fantasy basketball move" then don't hold ur breath

Kjthunder
04-23-2009, 11:07 PM
i hope el duderino is joking...right?

el_duderino2484
04-24-2009, 12:56 AM
i hope el duderino is joking...right?

no, randy foye is the real deal. i want a 2nd round pick too maybe

Kjthunder
04-24-2009, 09:56 AM
hahahahaha

dirk206
04-24-2009, 01:56 PM
^At this point I think Minnesota would give up Randy Foye in a heart beat for Russell Westbrook, hell I think they'd even give up 1 of their 1st round picks as well to get him. It makes no sense to make that trade, Russell Westbrook averages about the PPG as Randy Foye, but keep in mind that Westbrook is 20 compared to Foye who is 25. It's taken 3 years for Foye to get to the point where he is averaging 16.3 PPG, where as, it's taken Westbrook only a year to get to similar results in scoring 15.3 PPG. Plus, Westbrook is averaging more steals, rebounds and assists then Foye. If this deal were to happen it'd have to be like Westbrook & are lottery pick for Foye and Minnesota's lottery pick plus another of their 1st rounders.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3468

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3003

Kjthunder
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
haha i think it'd have to be westbrook and our late first for foye, there lottery pick, and another first, then i MIGHT consider it an ok trade. But i think westbrook is alot better than foy and will be for his whole career

dirk206
04-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Just throwing this out here but LaMarcus Aldridge is a restricted free agent in 2010, I obviously expect him to sign an extension before then but if not, would you offer a max contract (or as much as we can) to him? I honestly would, would be a great guy at the 4 or even 5 (at times), but i think that would move Jeff Green to the bench, which is something I hate doing. But LaMarcus is the low post threat this team has been dying for and it would really help out the guys on the perimeter to have a low post threat.

Kjthunder
04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I would like that pick up but honestly i think we have a better chance landing someone like Bosh just because Aldridge will sign an extension before then. I think if we throw everything we can at Bosh after getting extensions for our main guys(green, durant, westbrook).

loki34
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
throw your money at boozer he'll take it.
krstic
boozer
green
KD
westbrook
lottery pick this year and maybe two next year [suns pick] not a bad team

Kjthunder
04-26-2009, 08:16 PM
well hopefully we will land the number 1 pick and get blake griffin, in which case we don't need boozer, and honestly i don't think we need boozer anyways. Green is a good 4 and durant is at his best when playing the 3 so i wouldn't want him to play the 2 again.

~ShOrTy~
04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
We dont need Boozer, He really aint that good. We need young talent that can grow into something big.

PG:Westbrook
SG:Free agent....Maybe Gordon, if he would take a chance on be a contender
SF:Durant
PF:Green
C:Draft pick

raptor fan
05-01-2009, 11:22 AM
hey guys, here was a deal that was tossed around in the raptors forum. i wanted to see ur take on it. it was basically a deal surrounding chris bosh and jeff green:

Jeff Green + Chucky Atkins + Earl Watson + Nick Collison + 4th pick + 25th pick for Chris Bosh + Marcus Banks + Kris Humphries

a nucleus of durant, westbrook, and bosh would be amazing for years to come. you could use ur cap space to find a SG and C.

Kjthunder
05-01-2009, 12:56 PM
i might consider it if you got bosh into an extension before the trade, but i woudlnt' do it now considering bosh's contract is up after next season. plus i really like jeff green so i don't know. Id rather just wait and target him in 2010 free agency. But all that being said, if we could be assured that we would have bosh for years to come, i don't see how we couldn't do that. but maybe not give the 25th pick as well, just the 4th pick.

raptor fan
05-01-2009, 02:20 PM
i might consider it if you got bosh into an extension before the trade, but i woudlnt' do it now considering bosh's contract is up after next season. plus i really like jeff green so i don't know. Id rather just wait and target him in 2010 free agency. But all that being said, if we could be assured that we would have bosh for years to come, i don't see how we couldn't do that. but maybe not give the 25th pick as well, just the 4th pick.

yeah, thatd be part of the agreement. u guys would sign him for 3 more years after next season

Kjthunder
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
then i don't see how we couldn't take that, I love jeff green but i mean chris bosh westbrook and durant would be pretty unstoppable.

PG: Westbrook/Livingston/Weaver
SG: THabo/ Weaver (free agent possibly instead of Thabo starting)
SF: Durant/Free Agent
PF: Bosh/DJ White
C: Kristic/Ibaka

pretty good.

raptor fan
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
then i don't see how we couldn't take that, I love jeff green but i mean chris bosh westbrook and durant would be pretty unstoppable.

PG: Westbrook/Livingston/Weaver
SG: THabo/ Weaver (free agent possibly instead of Thabo starting)
SF: Durant/Free Agent
PF: Bosh/DJ White
C: Kristic/Ibaka

pretty good.

yeah u could use ur cap space to sign a guy like anthony parker, who would be a cheap pickup. also, u could use more of ur cap space to lure either rasheed wallace or antonio mcdyess to be ur starting C. You could try and buy a late first rounder to pickup a guy like terrence williams. and finally, resign desmond mason to a 1 year contract. here would be ur lineup next season:

PG: Westbrook/Livingston/Banks
SG: Parker/Selfolosha/Weaver
SF: Durant/Mason/Williams
PF: Bosh/White/Humphries
C: Wallace/Kristic/Ibaka

personally, i think that's a very strong lineup that will be able to compete for many years

dsickich123
05-03-2009, 11:56 AM
i think in this years draft we have 3 options
(AND NONE OF THEM NEED TO INVOLVE BLAKE GRIFFIN)

1. If we get pick 3 I think we have a decent shot at Thabeet, he is long and a great defender, I think that this is our greatest need. He is THE CENTER in the draft this year, and I think can prove to be effective for our team even if he does not score.

2. Draft a PG. The truth is a am not too into RUBIO, we are a run & gun team and im not too sure he fits that. I would rather us take another player like Westbrook (a pg/sg) so that we could interchange them. They could both be point guard (Kind of like the Bulls Situation). For this, I would draft maybe Brandon Jennings, or Johnny Flynn, etc.) Maybe even Ty Lawson.

3. Draft a SG. Everyone is really high on James Harden. GET OFF OF HIM. he is a pure scorer...exactly what we DO NOT NEED. We have Durant and Westbrook to score. We do not need another 20 ppg kinda guy. Solution? Demar Derozan. He fits our run & gun young team kind of this and has more potential than any other SG in the draft. Harden is for sure not a Run & Gun kinda guy. We dont want him!

All three those are what I believe to be the best three outcomes of the draft. And I study up pretty well. Last year when I saw that OKC was a fourth pick, i was rooting for them to pick Westbrook (even though he ws a middle round kind of guy)

TRUST ME...ALL OF THESE ARE GOOD OUTCOME...THE BEST!

AND NONE INVOLVE HARDEN, RUBIO, OF GRIFFIN BECAUSE THEY DO NOT FIT THE TEAM!!