PDA

View Full Version : Perkins on Rose: "He'll never do that again"

Pages : [1] 2

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gV2l4Jh0w3kShHdD7OrhgcLrqFLA
Everybody has their night," Boston centre Kendrick Perkins said Sunday. "I know it won't happen again. He'll never have another game like that against us."

What a ****ing tool. Can't wait till Rose T-Bags this fool tomorrow.

NYMetros
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Perkins angry.

Rose will probably score 50 now, just to piss off Perk.

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
This thread is going to be ugly.

Frrrrank!!!
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Big Perk!!!

Gene2420
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
That's good he has that mental confidence.

But we all know he's wrong hahaha.

superkegger
04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
See, Perkins simply doesn't need to say that to the media. Like fine to have the confidence, but why say that to the media. Why give an underdog team more reasons and more fire? Seems dumb to me.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Perk,.......shut up! and block some shots.

rookyclub
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Dumb statement..Not only can I see Rose doing it to the C's again this series, but I can see him doing it to them OVER THE COURSE OF HIS SUPERSTAR CAREER.

Big E
04-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Thats exactly what he should say.
What do you want him to say? "Rose is just better than us. We can't defend him"
Any NBA player that talks like that should GTFO

Second City
04-19-2009, 09:57 PM
When will people learn...especially a fat *** like Perkins. These type of players are fueled by things like this. I love it because now Rose will come out even more on fire and he will prove himself again, and again and again.

What a dumb *****. But this is the playoffs and there is a bunch of talking that goes on.

stevefrancis
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
i picked the bulls to win the series once kg said hes out so just a matter of time before the boston fans start chanting kobe for mvp again in their stadium

Arac
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Perkins is right, as I see it. He was personally upset that Rose had a game like this. So many uncontested layups, he took it all personally.

He's simply saying that the Celtics defense won't allow Rose to go off for 36 again. And he'll do everything possible to help that. No more easy penetrations. No more layups.

Good comment, Perk. But please, make it count.

_Sn1P3r_
04-19-2009, 10:00 PM
You gotta respect the mentality Perkins has, but that has to get Rose motivated. Get 'em Rose.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
that is pride talking. Good for Perk. But the fact is, if an athlete like Rose is coming full speed, nothing you are going to do is going to stop him from scoring or getting to the line

Kyben36
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM

He should have just said Rose had a great game, not anything about its not going to hapen again.

superkegger
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM

Perkins is right, as I see it. He was personally upset that Rose had a game like this. So many uncontested layups, he took it all personally.

He's simply saying that the Celtics defense won't allow Rose to go off for 36 again. And he'll do everything possible to help that. No more easy penetrations. No more layups.

Good comment, Perk. But please, make it count.

No problem with him being upset, but with what he said, he seems to be dismissing Rose's talent, and saying he can't do it again. What he should have doen was give Rose his credit, and say they need to stop him, not say, he'll never do it again.

SJSHARKIES
04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Talk is cheap!!

KmB728
04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Big Perk is gunna do work!

ElMarroAfamado
04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
its really dumb for good players to say stuff like this
but it is even more ridiculous to have BUMS say stuff like this

Big E
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
No problem with him being upset, but with what he said, he seems to be dismissing Rose's talent, and saying he can't do it again. What he should have doen was give Rose his credit, and say they need to stop him, not say, he'll never do it again.

I see it as him talking about his performence. It doesn't sound like he's dissing Rose.

Arac
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Perkins always takes defense personal, especially without KG. If anyone goes off and it was his fault aswell, he won't allow it to happen again. He might foul out with some hard fouls, but he won't let it happen again. That's just how he plays.

theuuord
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
I see it as him talking about his performence. It doesn't sound like he's dissing Rose.

exactly.

I see this way more as "we messed up. I won't let it happen again." rather than "Rose is a bad player."

By saying it to the media, he's also putting himself out there to succeed He is setting his own (and his team's) precedent. I see it as motivating self, rather than just trying to put down Derrick Rose.

Jay22Redd
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
He probably just wants attention. WHAT HE REALLY IS DOING, IS MAKING IT HARDER FOR RONDO!!! D Rose probably come out with even more firepower because of that statement.

Its one thing pissing off a good player, its another when you piss him off and your not guarding him.

kozelkid
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Talk is cheap!!

exactly. Especially coming from a second-rate player like perkins. He just needs to keep his mouth shut. Now if it was from pierce, rondo or even allen that's another story, since they are the leaders and actually have proven something.

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
exactly.

I see this way more as "we messed up. I won't let it happen again." rather than "Rose is a bad player."

By saying it to the media, he's also putting himself out there to succeed He is setting his own (and his team's) precedent. I see it as motivating self, rather than just trying to put down Derrick Rose.

Agreed.

superkegger
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Maybe not directly, but when you say

Everybody has their night,"

It doesn't sound like you're really giving anybody respect for their play. Perkins is notorious for thinking he's a lot better than he really is. (See this SI NBA Players Poll (http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/staff/posts/47162-si-players-nba-poll-which-nba-player-thinks-hes-a-lot-better-than-he-really-is?eref=fromSI)

To me, it just sounds like he doesn't respect Rose's talent, is dismissing it as a fluke, and is saying he'll personally make sure it doesnt' happen again, when he, while he'll try, he doesn't have that ability to impact a game like that.

Arac
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Perk may not be an offensive beast, but when it comes to defense, he's as efficient as you would like him to be. Always rotating, blocking, rebounding. Sure, he's no Dwight Howard, but he gets his job done, especially when it comes to one on one post defense.

I really don't think he was dissing Rose, as it was said already. He's mad at himself, and no one else.

XJW18
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Derrick Rose better watch his Man Jewels.
He's gnna have Ray Allen swinging at em' and Paul Pierce wanting them!

HAHA

Rome
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Yea that just gives Rose a reason to do it again. If I was perks I would of used better words.

{}
04-19-2009, 10:24 PM
He should have just said Rose had a great game, not anything about its not going to hapen again.

Why? To make a statement like that would mean Perkins actually has confidence in himself and the Celtics and doesn't view Rose or the Bulls as a threat. Perkins is clearly scared (moreso than his usual considering his weak body language), thus the false bravado.

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm happy this fool said this. The Bulls wont respond because they're too young and Del Negro will probably use this as something to get them pissed off.

But all I know is that Rose will see this, and go out with a vengence tomorrow, and when someone asks him about it, he will probably say something like "Kendrick is a good player."

Go get em D-Rose.

thedfactor
04-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Perkins is a complete douche. No worries Bulls fans, Rose has brighter days in his future than Kendrick. The tool thinks he can say what he wants because he sucks and only won a ring by the Big Three carrying them there. Celtics are ******** all together.

I Am Awesome-O
04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Derrick, as a die-hard Memphis Tiger fan, might I just say... BEAT THAT ***!

Twins Fanatic
04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah... doubt Boston is going to let Rose score over 30 points again, this year. But Derrick Rose is going tear apart the Celtics in years to come.

MJ-BULLS
04-19-2009, 10:47 PM
if if were kendrick porkrinds i will shut the hell up, because if i were rose i will try to score 40 on them just to make him more mad :)

Frrrrank!!!
04-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I really think people overrate the motivation this will give the Bulls. Some of you are acting like the Bulls weren't going to try, but now, oh boy, Perkins might have dissed them. Now they have a reason to compete.

cmoneytakemoney
04-19-2009, 10:54 PM
It's true though. Rondo owned him in the regular season and he was hitting circus shots with guys hands right in his face all game yesterday. He is good but he's not as good as he looked yesterday. He won't have another like that in this series guaranteed. Perk's not ripping him. He's telling the truth.

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 10:56 PM
I really think people overrate the motivation this will give the Bulls. Some of you are acting like the Bulls weren't going to try, but now, oh boy, Perkins might have dissed them. Now they have a reason to compete.

It'd be something if it was Pierce saying it. Perkins is a first class scrub.

He said everybody has their night. That's basically saying he got lucky. We'll see tomorrow what happens. Rose is so composed and cool under pressure, you're not gonna know if he's mad or not, but when he comes out scoring left and right, Perkins will know that he is a tool.

Frrrrank!!!
04-19-2009, 10:59 PM
It'd be something if it was Pierce saying it. Perkins is a first class scrub.

He said everybody has their night. That's basically saying he got lucky. We'll see tomorrow what happens. Rose is so composed and cool under pressure, you're not gonna know if he's mad or not, but when he comes out scoring left and right, Perkins will know that he is a tool.

Perkins isn't a scrub. He's a role player, and does a decent job at it.

I still think everyone overrates this as motivation. It's the playoffs, does any player really need anything to motivate them? Is Perk the first person to supposedly doubt Rose? I just don't think it is that big of a deal.

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 10:59 PM
It's true though. Rondo owned him in the regular season and he was hitting circus shots with guys hands right in his face all game yesterday. He is good but he's not as good as he looked yesterday. He won't have another like that in this series guaranteed. Perk's not ripping him. He's telling the truth.

He's good but he's not that good? Really? He's 20 years old, and he just lit you guys up. Guys make names for themselves in the postseason, and Rose is doing that.

You are the only one in here that doesn't think Rose is "that good."

Lindystud36
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
If this is what will MOTIVATE Rose then he needs to rethink his style of play. Of course this has absoutly no effect on the outcome of the game. All of the athletes are going to be busting their buts on the floor because that is why you play the game. If someone told me that an opponent is talking about me, i would go alright he is wasting his oxygen i am here to win. I would be no more fired up or less and thats exactly how rose is feeling. Perkins just decided to vent his frustration thats all. I am all for a sick series and i hope we get it.

Let the Championship be pure, everyone play at full health and push each other to the limits, lets see something amazing.

Greg_Sox_fan
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM

He should have just kept his ****ing mouth shut. U aint hear nobody on the Bulls saying Rondo wasn't going to have another game like that. I mean I could understand if they was saying JJ Barrea or some other 7th man point guard but to say Derrick Rose will never have another game like that is just a slap ion the face. Disrespectful to the rookie of the year, we didn't play him tough enough, we have to work harder to stop him, it wasn't our night defensively on Rose but we'll work harder and try to shut him down more on monday. All those statements would have been fine but thats not what came out his mouth. I hope somebody pop him in his ****ing mouth

pd7631
04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Perkins is an idiot, he thinks he's so much better than he really is.

In one of my Sports Illustrated's they had a players poll in there and it was "what player thinks they are better than they really are?" and Perkins came in 1st or 2nd among players.

It's funny how some role players end up with such big egos because the star players on their teams carried their ***** to a championship

cmoneytakemoney
04-19-2009, 11:03 PM
He's good but he's not that good? Really? He's 20 years old, and he just lit you guys up. Guys make names for themselves in the postseason, and Rose is doing that.

You are the only one in here that doesn't think Rose is "that good."

I didn't say he's not that good. I said he's not as good as he played yesterday. He was hitting runners with guys hands right in his grille all day. Those are not high percentage shots and he will miss the majority of them.

pd7631
04-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Maybe not directly, but when you say

It doesn't sound like you're really giving anybody respect for their play. Perkins is notorious for thinking he's a lot better than he really is. (See this SI NBA Players Poll (http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/staff/posts/47162-si-players-nba-poll-which-nba-player-thinks-hes-a-lot-better-than-he-really-is?eref=fromSI)

To me, it just sounds like he doesn't respect Rose's talent, is dismissing it as a fluke, and is saying he'll personally make sure it doesnt' happen again, when he, while he'll try, he doesn't have that ability to impact a game like that.:bang:

whoops, this is what I get for writing a reply before reading all the other posts

Super.
04-19-2009, 11:05 PM
This oughta be good.

im just hoping that it's good for us!

Greg_Sox_fan
04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
And by the way who is Perkins to try to be dissing anyone let alone the rookie of the year. I mean Rose probably scored more points last night than Perkins scored all last postseason. Of course im going a little bit over the top with that statement butnot by much. I just don't like the fact that a day after a 20 year old point guard tourches you and your entire team in your stadium which just so happens to be one of the toughest placest to win, he decides he wants to dis

showtym24
04-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Guess he forgot KG isnt by his side anymore. This is why I hate this *******. He thinks he's alot better than he actually is, it's pretty funny.

Greg_Sox_fan
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
I didn't say he's not that good. I said he's not as good as he played yesterday. He was hitting runners with guys hands right in his grille all day. Those are not high percentage shots and he will miss the majority of them.

You've obviously not seen alot of Rose's games so im going to go easy on ur comments about him missing the majority of his circus shots but I have a pretty good feeling you'll change your mind by the end of this series

showtym24
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
He's just pouring fuel on a fire.

JordansBulls
04-19-2009, 11:13 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gV2l4Jh0w3kShHdD7OrhgcLrqFLA

So I suppose Perkins plan on defending him than?

cmoneytakemoney
04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
You've obviously not seen alot of Rose's games so im going to go easy on ur comments about him missing the majority of his circus shots but I have a pretty good feeling you'll change your mind by the end of this series

He's going to be a great player but he won't score over 30 points again in this series and the Bulls won't win this series either. I'm not starting trouble but Rose will not hit conteseted runners at a high percentage like that again and especially not against the Celtics.

showtym24
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM
He's going to be a great player but he won't score over 30 points again in this series and the Bulls won't win this series either. I'm not starting trouble but Rose will not hit conteseted runners at a high percentage like that again and especially not against the Celtics.

Thats foolish to say. He very well could do it again. Your Defense is average without KG.

MJ-BULLS
04-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Guess he forgot KG isnt by his side anymore. This is why I hate this *******. He thinks he's alot better than he actually is, it's pretty funny.

yes u got that right ,kg isnt by his side right now :clap:

Cubs Win
04-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Wow. Is Perkins really that stupid? He should have gone to college.

Raoul Duke_91
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gV2l4Jh0w3kShHdD7OrhgcLrqFLA[/URL]

Kendrick who? ohhhhhhhh that lump of Sh1t that plays next to Garnett...

I have to thank him tho! Because now Rose will be even more motivated to out do his performance from yesterday.

I dont get it? Why would you call out the guy who just carved you up for almost 40...not mentioning the 11 dimes he had. What he shoulda said is I wont let Joakim Noah get 11 and 17 on me next time.

Greg_Sox_fan

lol... WOW!!! im not even going to argue with you because it's not going to get us anywhere and it does nothing but piss me off but im going to tell you one thing. You, the Celtic players and the rest of the Celtic fans with all due respect are in no position to be making predictions in the favor of the Celtics. And look me up after the series and tell me how u feel about Rose dropping 30 at least one more time in this series. Guaran****ingte it

Chaps
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM
meh he's a nobody anyway

Draco
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM

The Celtics need to play with more energy and focus but the only way to stop Rose from doing what he's been doing all year long is to play physically (ie. foul Rose) and hope the ref's let them get away with it.. which I have no doubt will happen. There was a whole lot of home cookin' in yesterdays game.

MagicMan13
04-19-2009, 11:26 PM

I have to thank him tho! Because now Rose will be even more motivated to out do his performance from yesterday.

I dont get it? Why would you call out the guy who just carved you up for almost 40...not mentioning the 11 dimes he had. What he shoulda said is I wont let Joakim Noah get 11 and 17 on me next time.

hahahahaha

Raps43va
04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
u can tell perkins is a dumbass just by looking at him

brendol
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
u can tell perkins is a dumbass just by looking at him

just cuz hes black? **** man, why do people always have to bring race into this ****. i hope someday this all ends. i hope that somebody, PSD users can accept people for who they are, even if they are black, white, yellow, purple, or indigo.

ProdigyI
04-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Regarding what Rose may be thinking about Perkins' words:) :smoking:

This is from the Scoop Jackson interview.

"Honestly? The minute I heard them say that the No. 1 pick in the draft -- and I'm a guard -- wasn't even being considered for winning the Rookie of the Year, I went right to work. I went right to the gym. I wanted to prove them wrong. I'm the type of person that needs something to push me. And the people around me, like my friends and people in my family, they know it, too. So they feed me things, they tell me things that someone said about me or something someone wrote, they know that'll get me. I'm the type of person that looks for that. One little thing. Something someone wrote, something a coach said, something from someone who doubts or don't expect something from me, or they think that I can't do something ... I hold on to it."

cmoneytakemoney
04-19-2009, 11:52 PM
lol... WOW!!! im not even going to argue with you because it's not going to get us anywhere and it does nothing but piss me off but im going to tell you one thing. You, the Celtic players and the rest of the Celtic fans with all due respect are in no position to be making predictions in the favor of the Celtics. And look me up after the series and tell me how u feel about Rose dropping 30 at least one more time in this series. Guaran****ingte it

It will npt happen. Bulls are going home in 6 and Rose will be lucky to score more than 20 in a game guarantted.

superkegger
04-19-2009, 11:53 PM
just cuz hes black? **** man, why do people always have to bring race into this ****. i hope someday this all ends. i hope that somebody, PSD users can accept people for who they are, even if they are black, white, yellow, purple, or indigo.

How do you know he was referring to race? Why do you assume it had anything to do with that?

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 11:54 PM

I think he was reffering to how dumb he looks. I have yet to see the man smile

Lebron23
04-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Love to see Derrick Rose posterize KenBrick Perkins.

Punkindrublic03
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
lol I hope D-rose dunks on Perkins every game this series.

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
It will npt happen. Bulls are going home in 6 and Rose will be lucky to score more than 20 in a game guarantted.

You keep thinkin that bro haha.

Frrrrank!!!
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Love to see Derrick Rose posterize KenBrick Perkins.

:laugh2:...:rolleyes:

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
How do you know he was referring to race? Why do you assume it had anything to do with that?

I think he was reffering to how dumb he looks. I have yet to see the man smile

I think he was joking. I hope he was joking.

Raoul Duke_91

I dont think that poster was making a racist comment at all. You totally over reacted over nothing.

Rome
True that. Doubt he meant anything racist by it.

what54!?
04-20-2009, 12:02 AM
don't really like perkins. Hope rose goes for 30+ again to shut him up

LakersnDodgers
04-20-2009, 12:04 AM
LOL.....Perkins is a scrub......Hey Kendrick and you'll never win another title again--bet that

Chronz
04-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Hes right, Rose wont, tomorrow he crashes back down to reality

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 12:06 AM

What would that reality be?

Tomorrow we get big games from Gordon and Salmons.

Hawkize31
04-20-2009, 12:09 AM

Be classy maybe.

"Yeah, Rose had a great night. We need to and can do a better job of playing defense against him."

Fool
04-20-2009, 12:10 AM
As stated in the Bulls forum....

Bulletin board material.

I'm not sure what Perkins is trying to say here. That they're going to hurt him on purpose? :P

effen5
04-20-2009, 12:12 AM

???????????

What?

Rose has been hitting contested jumpers, contested layups all year long....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meHPZkVCnqE

Rose vs Lakers first month into his rookie season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enfSH9-rBok

Rose vs Cavaliers

The fact that you say he wont make contested runners when hes done it to the two best teams in the NBA not to mention ALL ****IN YEAR is beyond ********.

TheWaterboy
Regarding what Rose may be thinking about Perkins' words:) :smoking:

This is from the Scoop Jackson interview.

"Honestly? The minute I heard them say that the No. 1 pick in the draft -- and I'm a guard -- wasn't even being considered for winning the Rookie of the Year, I went right to work. I went right to the gym. I wanted to prove them wrong. I'm the type of person that needs something to push me. And the people around me, like my friends and people in my family, they know it, too. So they feed me things, they tell me things that someone said about me or something someone wrote, they know that'll get me. I'm the type of person that looks for that. One little thing. Something someone wrote, something a coach said, something from someone who doubts or don't expect something from me, or they think that I can't do something ... I hold on to it."

haha beat me to it, i was just looking for that article.

SB75
Although I'm a Rose fan...... This is exactly what Perkins needed to say. Like it or hate it he said the right thing for a team that got torched by a ROOKIE. Rose, Williams and Paul are the futur of NBA point's. Withthatsaid the fat man has a point even though it's not his point. Rondo is a much better defender than he showed, He will not get his ***** handed to him like that again. He's to good a player. I like most of you would love to see the Bulls upset the Celtics, but you can not count on Rose having 3 more games like that against one of the NBA's top defenses. I love Rose and think the kid is special, But some one has to speak up for the Celtics. It just happened to be Perkins.

SeoulBeatz
04-20-2009, 12:14 AM
pretty arrogant, but i dont mind it. This is the playoffs, players talk trash all the time.

rose shouldnt get offended because all that matters is what happens during gametime.

i dont blame Perk for anything because he has the right mindset.

Boston-Born
04-20-2009, 12:19 AM
When will people learn...especially a fat *** like Perkins. These type of players are fueled by things like this. I love it because now Rose will come out even more on fire and he will prove himself again, and again and again.

What a dumb *****. But this is the playoffs and there is a bunch of talking that goes on.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_kendrick_perkins.jpg

charlsdq7
04-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Rose is gonna dunk on his *** bet lol

Chronz
04-20-2009, 12:21 AM
What would that reality be?

Tomorrow we get big games from Gordon and Salmons.

The reality that hes not THAT GOOD

Draco
04-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Reality so far is 12/19 shooting and 12/12 from the line. Suggesting that Rose won't do that again at this point is wishful thinking. I'll write it again, the only way to stop Rose from doing what he's demonstrated he's capable of doing all season long is to foul him.

effen5
04-20-2009, 12:26 AM
the reality that hes not that good

lmao!

Draco
04-20-2009, 12:27 AM
The reality that hes not THAT GOOD

Oh but he is and he proved it.

effen5
04-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Oh but he is and he proved it.

Hes proved it all year long.

mjt20mik
04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Paul Pierce took a more analytical approach: "I was in a pretty good mood because I knew from watching the tape that we didn't play that well at all and still had a chance to win."

Perk is a nut. Paul handled the situation with class, but Perkins just got out and basically put fuel to the fire. Maybe instead of talking to the media about it, he should tell his team to play better defense against a par team.

chicago lulz
04-20-2009, 12:39 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kendrick_perkins.jpg

He isn't fat.

cmoneytakemoney
04-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Hes proved it all year long.

That was the best game he played all year long. How did he prove it all year long. The Bulls - Celtics games this year Rondo owned him every time. That was the first time he scored more than 30 all year and all the sudden he's a superstar that has been doing it all year and he's going to score more than 30 again and dunk on Perkins? Give me a break. I'll be surprised if he breaks 20. Very surprised.

akagiredsuns
04-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Big Perk!!!

Big Jerk more like it. Who the hell is this guy to be talking? His sorry @$$ got owned by Noah on the boards. And he has the gall to say Rose won't light them up again? Keep lighting a fire under the Bulls. They win Game 2, prepare for the sweep LOL Perkins is a sorry joke!!!

IversonIsKrazy
04-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Rose will do it again 2 more times this series. And Perkins is going to be invinsible. Perkins should just STFU, kuz Rose is an unbelievable talent, that is going to be unstoppable in the future.

AllTheWay
04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
That was the best game he played all year long. How did he prove it all year long. The Bulls - Celtics games this year Rondo owned him every time. That was the first time he scored more than 30 all year and all the sudden he's a superstar that has been doing it all year and he's going to score more than 30 again and dunk on Perkins? Give me a break. I'll be surprised if he breaks 20. Very surprised.

You're just a blatant homer...

Draco
04-20-2009, 12:51 AM

It's also the game that means the most and Rose kicked it up a notch. What Rose proved all season long is that he can score at will against anyone. There's no doubt in my mind that Rose can duplicate his perforance.. he's capable of that. Will he? Maybe not, but I doubt the Celtics defense would have much to do with it. More likely the ref's keep their whistles in their pocket when the Celtics front line gives a little shove here, or a pulled jersey there.

junion
04-20-2009, 12:54 AM
this is the playoffs, perkins can say whatever he wants. everything is bigger in the playoffs. if perkins talks he talks, we'll see tomorrow if his talk is cheap, or if it's real talk.

it's the playoffs, everything's bigger. every shot, every game, all the talk, and the energy of the fans.. and that's why i dont have a problem with it - because it all comes down to the game. if perkins is right then he'll seem tough. if perkins is wrong, he'll look like a bigger fool than he would if it were about a game in january.

rose's game was big. he's a rookie, and it was his first time to play in the playoffs, and he was really good - it has nothing to do with the other previous games during the regular season. but i still want to see how he does throughout the series - just to make sure it wasn't a fluke

sdweston757
04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
this is derek rose tomorrow... remember i said it here first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp1KSMFNjWc

effen5
04-20-2009, 01:01 AM

So Rose isnt that good? Hes a lock in for rookie of the year. Did Rondo carry a team on his shoulder take his team to the playoffs and win rookie of the year? Oh wait, he relied on your BIG 3. Same with Perkins, he needs to shut up. He did **** before Allen and KG came to Boston.

As for Rondo owning Rose in the regular season? I mean for ****s sake, 2 out of the three regular games you guys had Garnett, and we had a completely different team and the the third game we won. Does it matter now? Its the playoffs, and game 1 belongs to Rose and the Bulls.

Mane
04-20-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't have a problem with the Celtics or anything, but that would be hilarious if Rose dropped 45 or 50 on his ***.

cmoneytakemoney
04-20-2009, 01:03 AM
It's also the game that means the most and Rose kicked it up a notch. What Rose proved all season long is that he can score at will against anyone. There's no doubt in my mind that Rose can duplicate his perforance.. he's capable of that. Will he? Maybe not, but I doubt the Celtics defense would have much to do with it. More likely the ref's keep their whistles in their pocket when the Celtics front line gives a little shove here, or a pulled jersey there.

Oh yeah he sure proved he can score at will all year long with his 17 PPG average and never scoring 30 points once during the regulare season. Oh yeah he sure can score at will on any team though. LOL. Give me a break. I saw Rondo beat him up every time they played in the regilar season. Score at will my ***.

Penetra8r
04-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Rose is a stud

theuuord
04-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Reality so far is 12/19 shooting and 12/12 from the line. Suggesting that Rose won't do that again at this point is wishful thinking. I'll write it again, the only way to stop Rose from doing what he's demonstrated he's capable of doing all season long is to foul him.

lol, suggesting that he WILL do that again is wishful thinking. you're setting him up to fail.

Rose is a good point guard. he had a great game. but don't go on and act like he's doing to duplicate those numbers all series.

Draco
04-20-2009, 01:06 AM
lol, suggesting that he WILL do that again is wishful thinking. you're setting him up to fail.

Rose is a good point guard. he had a great game. but don't go on and act like he's doing to duplicate those numbers all series.

Actually I said he's capable of repeating his performance. I never said he would. The only people who talk in absolutes are people like cmoneytakemoney.

effen5
04-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Oh yeah he sure proved he can score at will all year long with his 17 PPG average and never scoring 30 points once during the regulare season. Oh yeah he sure can score at will on any team though. LOL. Give me a break. I saw Rondo beat him up every time they played in the regilar season. Score at will my ***.

Man that must be nice watching Rondo who is averaging less then a rookie at 11ppg

hotpotato1092
04-20-2009, 01:10 AM
big mistake, never piss off a player that good.

Draco
04-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Man that must be nice watching Rondo who is averaging less then a rookie at 11ppg

Rondo averaged 6.4 points a game in his rookie year. :D

Vinny642
04-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Big Perk!!!

U didnt finish your sentence.... Big Perk's nickname should be BIG BABY along with Glen Davis?

theuuord
04-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Actually I said he's capable of repeating his performance. I never said he would. The only people who talk in absolutes are people like cmoneytakemoney.

Actually, you said "Suggesting that Rose won't do that again at this point is wishful thinking," which is to say that you believe it is more likely that he will repeat his performance, rather than being merely capable of it.
Big difference.

GodsSon
04-20-2009, 01:13 AM
well Perkins just unloaded a tin of gasoline onto the Bulls and Rose...here's a thought, it was a battle of point guards yesterday, who's more likely to have a repeat of yesterday?? Rose or Rondo???...the arrogance Boston players have continually showed just makes me want to see them lose all the more badly, particularly from a scrub like Perkins who proved NOTHING on his own....as for now, Bulls fans can consider me an honorary fan lol

cmoneytakemoney
04-20-2009, 01:13 AM

If Rose scores more than 20 points tomorrow night and the Bulls win I will come back here and say Derrick Rose is the best PG in basketball in every forum but, don't hold your breath because the Bulls aren't going to win and Perk is right. Rose won't have a game like that again vs. the Celtics. He didn't have a game like that the 4 other times they played in the regular season and he wont have one the rest of the way either.

Draco
04-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Actually, you said "Suggesting that Rose won't do that again at this point is wishful thinking," which is to say that you believe it is more likely that he will repeat his performance, rather than being merely capable of it.
Big difference.

I know what I wrote and what I didn't write. The bolded segment are your words not mine.

Wake's Fastball
04-20-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't get why there's such a big fuss about this. Perkins said "he's not going to have a game like that again" and he's a jerk for that? If an opposing point guard had as many easy layups as Rose was able to create for himself, I'd expect any team's center to say they're going to step up and show some more pride on the defensive end. He's not saying anything about Rose's ability as a player, he's saying that the Celtics, specifically him, need to take some more interest on defense and not let him pour in 36 again.

Draco
04-20-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't get why there's such a big fuss about this. Perkins said "he's not going to have a game like that again" and he's a jerk for that? If an opposing point guard had as many easy layups as Rose was able to create for himself, I'd expect any team's center to say they're going to step up and show some more pride on the defensive end. He's not saying anything about Rose's ability as a player, he's saying that the Celtics, specifically him, need to take some more interest on defense and not let him pour in 36 again.

I personally don't care much about what Perkins said.. or what Powe said, or what any of the other Celtics said. I've enjoyed watching Rose torch veteran players all season long. It's actually amusing to me that the defending champs have to explain themselves to the press for not being able to contain a rookie.

abe_froman
04-20-2009, 01:29 AM
i dont see the fuss over this

superkegger
04-20-2009, 01:39 AM

So I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

You don't talking in absolutes because nothing is absolute, but to say he can, but might not is a worthless statement. It's an excuse for him not doing it. That's like me claiming Kobe is the best player ever, someone countering with saying he's only won 3 titles, and me saying, well, he can win more, but he might not.

What he is, is a good player who had a phenomenal game. He can validate it by going out there and doing it again. But if he doesn't do it again, then it was a phenomenal game by a good player. Doing something once doesn't make you as good as your game, or else we could all make some pretty outrageous statements about a lot of different players.

el_duderino2484
04-20-2009, 01:44 AM
rose is a bi***

Draco
04-20-2009, 01:44 AM
So I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

You don't talking in absolutes because nothing is absolute, but to say he can, but might not is a worthless statement. It's an excuse for him not doing it. That's like me claiming Kobe is the best player ever, someone countering with saying he's only won 3 titles, and me saying, well, he can win more, but he might not.

What he is, is a good player who had a phenomenal game. He can validate it by going out there and doing it again. But if he doesn't do it again, then it was a phenomenal game by a good player. Doing something once doesn't make you as good as your game, or else we could all make some pretty outrageous statements about a lot of different players.

No, if I wrote that Joakim Noah could score 36 points on 12/19 shooting that would be a worthless statement. What I wrote about Rose is based on fact. He's scored at will against everyone in the league in the regular season and he proved he could score 36 in his first playoff game. Will he score 36 again? Well, considering his performance reached near record status is one reason to think perhaps not. Considering that Game 2 is at the Garden and Game 1 saw a whole lot of bias by the ref's is another reason to think perhaps not. I'll write it again, Rose is capable of dropping 30+ on anyone. So if I were to put a gaurantee on it, it would make it a worthwhile statement? Well, that's for you to decide. Doesn't bother me a bit if you don't agree. ;)

LayZbone
04-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Well Perk....he might. lol. the kid's pretty darn good.

maverick1155
04-20-2009, 01:49 AM
thats just anger and rose can do that again specially without garnet

superkegger
04-20-2009, 01:57 AM
No, if I wrote that Joakim Noah could score 36 points on 12/19 shooting that would be a worthless statement. What I wrote about Rose is based on fact. He's scored at will against everyone in the league in the regular season and he proved he could score 36 in his first playoff game. Will he score 36 again? Well, considering his performance reached near record status is one reason to think perhaps not. Considering that Game 2 is at the Garden and Game 1 saw a whole lot of bias by the ref's is another reason to think perhaps not. I'll write it again, Rose is capable of dropping 30+ on anyone. So if I were to put a gaurantee on it, it would make it a worthwhile statement? Well, that's for you to decide. Doesn't bother me a bit if you don't agree. ;)

I'm not saying that if you guarantee it, it adds value to it. But what I'm saying is, just because he scores 36 here, it doesn't make him capable of scoring 30+ on anyone. I mean, hell, if he'd dropped 30 on like 10-15 times on as many teams, sure I'd believe it, but when this is his first 30+ point game, it's hard to say that statement is valid.

I can make the statement, Kobe can drop 80+ on anyone. Then point to January 22, 2006 as evidence. But that doesn't make it so now does it? Granted the 80 point barrier and 30 point barrier are quite different thresholds, but the concept remains the same, doing something once in one specific instance, doesn't make it grounds for making blanket statements like you did.

Draco
04-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm not saying that if you guarantee it, it adds value to it. But what I'm saying is, just because he scores 36 here, it doesn't make him capable of scoring 30+ on anyone. I mean, hell, if he'd dropped 30 on like 10-15 times on as many teams, sure I'd believe it, but when this is his first 30+ point game, it's hard to say that statement is valid.

I can make the statement, Kobe can drop 80+ on anyone. Then point to January 22, 2006 as evidence. But that doesn't make it so now does it? Granted the 80 point barrier and 30 point barrier are quite different thresholds, but the concept remains the same, doing something once in one specific instance, doesn't make it grounds for making blanket statements like you did.

Rose is a point guard. His responsibilities don't include scoring the most points for his team on any given night and he doesn't look to do that. He's capable of scoring 30+ and I don't think it's the last time you'll see him do that. That said, it's easier to imagine that Rose can score 30+ on any given night against any given team than Kobe scoring 80 again especially considering Kobe did that against the defenseless Raptors.

superkegger
04-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Rose is a point guard. His responsibilities don't include scoring the most points for his team on any given night and he doesn't look to do that. He's capable of scoring 30+ and I don't think it's the last time you'll see him do that. That said, it's easier to imagine that Rose can score 30+ on any given night against any given team than Kobe scoring 80 again especially considering Kobe did that against the defenseless Raptors.

Right, and I acknowledged the difference, but my point is, just because somebody does something once, in one situation, doesn't make it grounds to make blanket statements about their play. Not that I'm saying Rose can't drop 30 on anyone, because he probably can against a lot of teams, especially if he's playing like he did yesterday.

But my point is, what was being said, is that Rose had a career game yesterday, and while he'll get better, that was a career game for him thus far. It's not the norm of his career, its the high point. When some people said, he's not THAT good, they're saying he played above what he's capable of on a nightly basis, or even a regular basis. He had a career night. The reality of it is, he's not 12/19 and 12-12 from the line good.

theuuord
04-20-2009, 02:12 AM
I know what I wrote and what I didn't write. The bolded segment are your words not mine.

lol, thanks for pointing out what was already obvious. you're a great debater!

the point is what you meant, and what is to be inferred from what you said. Rose can't drop 30+ on any given night. He's done it once out of 82 career games for chrissakes. To put him on this pedestal is setting him up for failure, and if I were a Bulls fan I'd try not to set the bar too high for my star player, only to see him more than likely fall under it.

He's a good point guard. He's probably going to become a great one. But let's not put him in that territory yet.

theuuord
04-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Right, and I acknowledged the difference, but my point is, just because somebody does something once, in one situation, doesn't make it grounds to make blanket statements about their play. Not that I'm saying Rose can't drop 30 on anyone, because he probably can against a lot of teams, especially if he's playing like he did yesterday.

But my point is, what was being said, is that Rose had a career game yesterday, and while he'll get better, that was a career game for him thus far. It's not the norm of his career, its the high point. When some people said, he's not THAT good, they're saying he played above what he's capable of on a nightly basis, or even a regular basis. He had a career night. The reality of it is, he's not 12/19 and 12-12 from the line good.

this guy is really smart.

theuuord
04-20-2009, 02:16 AM
He's scored at will against everyone in the league in the regular season

NOPE

I'll write it again, Rose is capable of dropping 30+ on anyone. So if I were to put a gaurantee on it, it would make it a worthwhile statement? Well, that's for you to decide. Doesn't bother me a bit if you don't agree. ;)

He's done it once in 82 career games. And it was a great game. The highlight of his young career up until this point.
But if you expect nothing but the sublime you're going to be disappointed with reality.

Draco
04-20-2009, 02:17 AM

Well, he's a rookie not a 4 year veteran. If he were a 4 year veteran and yesterday was his first demonstration of offensive prowess then I'd agree he might be playing over his head. Since it's Rose's first season and since he's adjusted to defenses throughout the regular season and still manages to score at will I think it's very likely that he'll continue to improve and drop 30+ on the next unsuspecting veteran team.. and then people will probably start expecting those performances, and you've got yourself a superstar. That's generally how these things work. ;)

Draco
04-20-2009, 02:19 AM
NOPE

He's done it once in 82 career games. And it was a great game. The highlight of his young career up until this point.
But if you expect nothing but the sublime you're going to be disappointed with reality.

No one in Chicago is disappointed with Rose... we actually get to watch all the games. :D

tdunk21
04-20-2009, 02:23 AM
perkins and celtics should prolly figure out a way to stop derrick rose and bulls instead of makin dumb statements....

gangis2169
04-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Perkins??? Perkins??? Who??? Sam Perkins? Seriously who cares what Kendrick Perkins has to say he sucks!

Chronz
04-20-2009, 03:28 AM

You wouldnt be the first fan to think so highly of a homegrown product, but hes not as good as he displayed last night. Hes capable of having godly games, but he wont have a godly series. Like the greater players will

Draco
04-20-2009, 03:33 AM
You wouldnt be the first fan to think so highly of a homegrown product, but hes not as good as he displayed last night. Hes capable of having godly games, but he wont have a godly series. Like the greater players will

What you're calling a godly performance is just Rose doing more of what he did throughout the regular season. In his first playoff game he put up 19 shots and went to the foul line 12 times. In the regular season he averaged a shade under 15 shots and a ridiculous 3 charity stripe attempts per game. Considering Roses penchant for driving to the hoop, ref's are going to have to start calling more fouls. Is he playing over his head? No, Rose is just doing a little more of what he's always been doing and the ref's have begun to recognize the name. Is Rose always going to put up 19 shots? Probably not, that's not the best way to go for the Bull's to win games. But he's capable of making them.

ntat
04-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Perkins angry.

Rose will probably score 50 now, just to piss off Perk.
yeah, cause rose drops 50 on people all the time...

ntat
04-20-2009, 03:43 AM
What you're calling a godly performance is just Rose doing more of what he did throughout the regular season. In his first playoff game he put up 19 shots and went to the foul line 12 times. In the regular season he averaged a shade under 15 shots and a ridiculous 3 charity stripe attempts per game. Considering Roses penchant for driving to the hoop, ref's are going to have to start calling more fouls. Is he playing over his head? No, Rose is just doing a little more of what he's always been doing and the ref's have begun to recognize the name. Is Rose always going to put up 19 shots? Probably not, that's not the best way to go for the Bull's to win games. But he's capable of making them.

well then he didnt play that well during the seasom then. He averaged 16 points a game on [B]15 shot attempts[B] plus his ft attempts? So he shot sub 40%? That doesnt sound right!

Chronz
04-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Someone accomplishing something that hes done so very little throughout his career doesnt make it the norm. I guaranty he doesnt play like this throughout the series. Refs dont turn rookies into gods.

Draco
04-20-2009, 03:48 AM
well then he didnt play that well during the seasom then. He averaged 16 points a game on [B]15 shot attempts[B] plus his ft attempts? So he shot sub 40%? That doesnt sound right!

250 FTA over 81 games is 3 FTA per game.
He shot 47.5% from the field in the regular season verse 63.2% in his first playoff game. Is that Rose playing over his head or Rose rising to the challenge of playing against the defending champs in the playoffs? Having seen Rose play for much of the regular season I see a budding superstar.

Draco
04-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Someone accomplishing something that hes done so very little throughout his career doesnt make it the norm. I guaranty he doesnt play like this throughout the series. Refs dont turn rookies into gods.

I agree, it's not the norm. I think it's an extension of how his career has been developing rather than a one time performance that can't be repeated.

Chronz
04-20-2009, 04:01 AM
He should have plenty of brilliant playoff games ahead of him if thats what you mean, but at this point in time this 1 game made him the caliber of CP3 for most of the season. Hes not THAT good. Hes been way better than I originally thought and definitely ROY after lobbying hard for Lopez the past few months. Playoffs tend to do that to me, but the point remains, if your relying on Rose to play either this efficiently or prolific then the Bulls arent going to win many more games, luckily the strength and overall depth of the Bulls isnt lacking, theyre like a young pistons team IMO.

abe_froman
04-20-2009, 04:04 AM
He should have plenty of brilliant playoff games ahead of him if thats what you mean, but at this point in time this 1 game made him the caliber of CP3 for most of the season. Hes not THAT good. Hes been way better than I originally thought and definitely ROY after lobbying hard for Lopez the past few months. Playoffs tend to do that to me, but the point remains.

i dont think anybody thinks that..well at least i hope not.just that his future is shaping up to be bright,posibility of reaching that caliber..or that say another 20+pt game this series isnt out of his reach

JayW_1023
04-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Perkins can sure talk a good game.

klvanzu
04-20-2009, 06:20 AM

You haven't watched Rose play much this year if you think he's not as good as he looked last night. The only thing that changed is that Rose decided to be more aggressive and use more possessions that he normally does. He only hit like what, 2 circus shots? You'd be surprised at how often he makes shots like those as well.

PennyMy#1
04-20-2009, 08:45 AM

Oh, boy. That's kindergarten. I already see Rose posterizing little Perkins !

Serious, I mean, Perkins wants to make little mindgames ? He's jealous and sad about that kind of loss. But, it shows weak character to say something like this. He should shut up, play Basketball and lock Rose down, if he has a problem with him ... but, those words of Perkins just show his admiration and fear of Derrick Rose.

BooCain
04-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Who is Kendrick Perkins, Rose could have drop 50 on them. the Celtic's defense goes as KG goes, and since he won't return Rose will have big series against them. I think even if KG was playing he's not healthy enough to stop these ragging Bulls.

Sportfan
04-20-2009, 08:56 AM
let'se see if perkins and the celtics can put their money where there mouth is today

PennyMy#1
04-20-2009, 09:08 AM
let'se see if perkins and the celtics can put their money where there mouth is today

Yep, "the ball don't lie" ;)

Bullsfan22
04-20-2009, 09:12 AM
He should have plenty of brilliant playoff games ahead of him if thats what you mean, but at this point in time this 1 game made him the caliber of CP3 for most of the season. Hes not THAT good. Hes been way better than I originally thought and definitely ROY after lobbying hard for Lopez the past few months. Playoffs tend to do that to me, but the point remains, if your relying on Rose to play either this efficiently or prolific then the Bulls arent going to win many more games, luckily the strength and overall depth of the Bulls isnt lacking, theyre like a young pistons team IMO.

name atleast 3 people out of the hundred posters that has been posting about derrick rose that said that? I've seen your posts in this thread and the other thread about derrick rose and it seems like your posting the same thing. "he will come back done to earth" or "he's not that good". holy crap you can point out the obvious! All you are doing is pounding the obvious and waiting to see if someone quote you.I noticed It says basketball is your religion then say something in depth other than "he's going to come back down to earth" and wait for some random bulls fan to qoute. I'm going to put christianity is my religion and go to a religion forum and post "god is good" every post and hopefully someone decides to follow me as a pastor and spiritual leader. Fact Drose had a great game for a rookie some bulls fans is a little happy than others but any sane bulls fan can recognize that he can't do it every game and is CERTAINLY not on cp3's level after 1 game.

Jay22Redd
04-20-2009, 09:33 AM

You know what, I forgot all about that. Perkins has his own to worry about, he cant talk about stopping Rose, he has to stop Noah from out rebounding him....and he probably wont do that. Tonights game is going to be insane!

td0tsfinest
04-20-2009, 09:40 AM
See, Perkins simply doesn't need to say that to the media. Like fine to have the confidence, but why say that to the media. Why give an underdog team more reasons and more fire? Seems dumb to me.

I agree. It's stupid to come out and say something like that, and you look especially stupid if it does happen again. I really hope Rose does something great tonight.

ChrisKeg
04-20-2009, 10:16 AM

Why should he say that, cuz you say so? Come on. Perkins didn't insult anybody, didn't curse and certainly didn't cross any "politically correct" boundary. So why is anybody upset?

KG built this kinda attitude into the Celts. It's that attitude and intensity that made this team great. With KG on the bench, others need to step up with offense, defense AND attitude. This comment by Perkins illustrates that this team still has the attitude it needs to win even with KG in a tailored suit.

Rose is a great player with a great future ahead of him. But right now Rose is a "take over a game" type of player, not a "take over a series" type of player. I tend to think that Perk is right in his statement.

D-Leethal
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Perkins should take some speaking classes............he talks like someone who has never stepped foot in a classroom

sargon21
04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
ppl on here are saying that the c's didn't play d aganist rose, thats bull ****, they played d, they just couldn't stop him, and i doubt they'll be able to stop him 2nite, how many times did he just split the defense and make a great play, it didn't have that much to do with bad defense

CELTICS4LYFE
04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
ppl on here are saying that the c's didn't play d aganist rose, thats bull ****, they played d, they just couldn't stop him, and i doubt they'll be able to stop him 2nite, how many times did he just split the defense and make a great play, it didn't have that much to do with bad defense

ya n how many times did he throw up prayers that were answered lol he had a great game but i agree he wont do it again, at least not in this series!!

Tony_Starks
04-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Perkins talks a whole lot for a garbage player. I think he must secretly in his mind think that's he's a really good player or something. He lives off double teams from the big 3, and his numbers are still not that great.

tcm746
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
i never liked sam perkins or is it kendra perkins..dosent matter he wont be in the league in the next three years anyway

Yagyu+
04-20-2009, 11:06 AM
ya n how many times did he throw up prayers that were answered lol he had a great game but i agree he wont do it again, at least not in this series!!

In order for the Bulls to advance, I don't think Rose has to have another 30+ game. That the threat -- the possibility of Rose taking over -- has been established, could be enough.

If Rose can draw and play off the double team, so long as Bulls shooters find their mark -- Salmons, Miller, and Gordon were only a combined 14 of 44 -- he can drive and kick out all night long.

I'm personally more worried about Allen; I doubt he puts up another poor stat line. Marbury was cold off the bench too.

USMCLaker
04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I love that he said that as he should, this is easily becoming the most exciting match up to watch!!!

Kabowdos
04-20-2009, 11:16 AM

The sad part is he is probably right.... but then again who cares how Rose does it is about the Bulls. Celtics are a better team than the Bulls even with out Garnet. I hope the Bulls pull of the upset and Rose has another big game, but I wouldn't be surprised if neither of that happened. Bulls are going to have to play lights out. Rose is not going to put up 35 and 10 every game, others got to step up.

Tony_Starks
04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
If I were Boston I'd be more worried about his 11 assist......

Also the person who will "never do that again" is Rondo. He played waaaaaaaaaaaay over his head game 1.

D-Leethal
04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
In order for the Bulls to advance, I don't think Rose has to have another 30+ game. That the threat -- the possibility of Rose taking over -- has been established, could be enough.

If Rose can draw and play off the double team, so long as Bulls shooters find their mark -- Salmons, Miller, and Gordon were only a combined 14 of 44 -- he can drive and kick out all night long.

I'm personally more worried about Allen; I doubt he puts up another poor stat line. Marbury was cold off the bench too.

I think Chicago has a real real good shot at taking this series, maybe in 6. C's looked awful the other day, Ray is not the same player he once was and can be shut down completely on D, there bench is still very weak and Marbury looked shellshocked and uncomfortable out there........the Bulls are a much better team after the trades .........

Frrrrank!!!
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
lol, to this thread.

Living Legend
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Who agrees with me that it was Tyrus Thomas and his 2 clutch jump shots in the final 2 minutes that sealed it?

USMCLaker
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Tbags, haha I love it.

I guess what Perkins is saying is that they are going to make in adjustment in the series but not in the game.

My question to Perkins is this why wait to game 2, why not stop him while you have homecourt advantage? Or in four quarters? Or in an overtime session? Which you played 82 games to get.

USMCLaker
04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Who agrees with me that it was Tyrus Thomas and his 2 clutch jump shots in the final 2 minutes that sealed it?

He was clutch, great performance.

EX-TREME
04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
great perk. now rose is going in beast mode again.

Tony_Starks
04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
He was clutch, great performance.

True but if you're the Celtics I'm pretty sure you'll live with him taking those J's instead of attacking the basket. Just so happened he knocked them down. I'm actually of the opinion that the Celtics will win this series and probably the next one as well. The Bulls still shoot too many jumpers and Orlando, well who cares. I'm seeing a Garnett miraculous return vs the Cav's in the near future.......

Yagyu+
04-20-2009, 11:47 AM

Also the person who will "never do that again" is Rondo. He played waaaaaaaaaaaay over his head game 1.

Exactly, although I wouldn't be so sure about Rondo. I hope you're right, but for most of the season the Bulls had a pattern of allowing certain opponents to put up career highs.

Loved it. If Noah and Miller can dominate the boards again, I expect Tyrus to make the Celtics think twice about attacking the lane. The first half, he and Noah threw a block party.

Salary and the matter of how his inclusion/exclusion would have affected the trades, it's a shame Nocioni is gone. I would have liked to have him in this series.

USMCLaker
04-20-2009, 11:48 AM
great perk. now rose is going in beast mode again.

Rose is going to have a killamanjaro the next time they play.

RodmansBulls
04-20-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't think the celtics are going to let rose go off like that again. When your a championship team you will find ways too win. I bet the C's are going to stop him in game 2.

still1ballin
04-20-2009, 12:40 PM
That comment by Perkins should motivate Rose to recreate what he did for Game one for tonights game or even better to prove him wrong. Perkins is only giving him and the Bulls more fire for doubting that they can't win.

rocket man_09
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
i feel really bad for the celtics now perkins jus blew up rose...can u not see it in his face...he is a angry beast now perkins is gunna get it ha i do feel bad for the celtics tho ...ure gunna lose after being champs....the only reason yall win is cuz of kg...hahah btw nice game allen....

theimortalone
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah okay Perk. :laugh:

JLynn943
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm expecting a pretty brutal foul by Perkins on Rose sometime tonight. Doc better keep Perkins calmed down unless he wants him thrown out.

Silent
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Why should he say that, cuz you say so? Come on. Perkins didn't insult anybody, didn't curse and certainly didn't cross any "politically correct" boundary. So why is anybody upset?

KG built this kinda attitude into the Celts. It's that attitude and intensity that made this team great. With KG on the bench, others need to step up with offense, defense AND attitude. This comment by Perkins illustrates that this team still has the attitude it needs to win even with KG in a tailored suit.

Rose is a great player with a great future ahead of him. But right now Rose is a "take over a game" type of player, not a "take over a series" type of player. I tend to think that Perk is right in his statement.

I understand if it was KG but who the **** is perkins he a bum he should try to play some d and shut his mouth he's garbage a scrub rose would make him look silly.

Chicagofaithful
04-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Rose is going to destroy the celtics.... and ill be there to watch it. Perk is not the player i would want saying that

pippsux
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Well I smell a hard foul and an ejection. But Rose is so :cool: it won't matter. I picked the Celts in a sweep, but after seeing game 1, might go 7, still think the Celts will pull it out. No way "He got game" Jesus Shuttleworth shoots that badly again.

Cali4rnia
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
thats just dumb... he aint even guarding him why would he say that? i understand if some celtics guard said that... perks gonna foul out..

KINGofKINGS28
04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Rose is nasty... But celts r still gonna win

i just hope perk doesnt do anything stupid if rose has another great game...

NIUHuskies
04-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Well I smell a hard foul and an ejection. But Rose is so :cool: it won't matter. I picked the Celts in a sweep, but after seeing game 1, might go 7, still think the Celts will pull it out. No way "He got game" Jesus Shuttleworth shoots that badly again.

I agree about Ray Allen having a much better game.

I just thing that Ben Gordon and John Salmons will also have a much better game.

Drose stepped up because he needed to.

Tonight will be exciting!

KnicksorBust
04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I actually love the comment by Perkins and I think their defense on him will be a LOT tighter. By saying that, he didn't just call out Rose, he called out anyone who guards Rose during the game. You don't think Rondo is going to be draped all over him like a rug? If the Bulls win, I really think it'll be because Rose put up like 14 points 12 assists and the other guys went off. My money is on an off game. Rookies don't just come in and dominate the playoffs. 15 points on 6 of 17 from the field with 6 assists.

CTCUBBIES
04-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Maybe Perkins just wants to believe everyone has a night because he hopes someday he will have one.

Statik1
04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I sure as hell wouldnt want to give Rose any bulletin board material.... A rookie did that to you in your own house....

Yagyu+
04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
If the Bulls win, I really think it'll be because Rose put up like 14 points 12 assists and the other guys went off.

I just thing that Ben Gordon and John Salmons will also have a much better game.

My thoughts exactly. The Bulls thrive when Rose distributes and the team knocks down shots. I think it's key that Gordon and/or Salmons get into a nice rhythm early on to keep Boston honest in the paint. Then it's just a matter of running the pick and roll with Miller and Rose, and playing good transition ball. Noah posting another double-double needs to happen as well.

Catfish1314
04-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Put it up on 120 font, bold print, landscape, print that ****, and put it where every Chicago Bull can see it. That's if VDN has any brains at all.

As others have said, I like Perkins confidence and I like his game, but there was no reason to say this out loud. That's nothing but a motivational boost for Rose and the Bulls. As if they needed anymore.

Rattlehead2006
04-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Everyone come to the defense of Rose now...he's a young, talented, prospect so everyone on this site automatically loves him. Perkins is an "old" role player so no love to him... He probably didn't have to say that to the media but he definitely is right. Rose does not do THAT again, especially this series.

Rattlehead2006
04-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Maybe Perkins just wants to believe everyone has a night because he hopes someday he will have one.

I bet you've seen him play a bunch of times right? Bandwagon rookie junkie.

kbrill21
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Rose is a great player. Perkins is a decent player. I would say that Rose will never do that exact thing again, but he will have good games. To say he scores 36 and double digit dimes again this series, I don't think he will. SO Perk is technically right. Celtics will still win the series.

Vinny642
04-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Everyone come to the defense of Rose now...he's a young, talented, prospect so everyone on this site automatically loves him. Perkins is an "old" role player so no love to him... He probably didn't have to say that to the media but he definitely is right. Rose does not do THAT again, especially this series.

I don't, I don't like how he is compared to CP, but Perkins complains alot, I really dislike him. But the comment he said is dumb because Rose did it already adn saying he can't do it again is dumb. Watch him do it too.

I like Rose dont get me wrong.

arlubas
04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Perk better shut his mouth and get ready to rotate better on defense when Rose blows by Rondo again on Game 2. Oh and to all you guys saying "what did you expect him to say" the answer is "not a god gamn thing". When you lose home court from the first game you shut your mouth and bust your *** in the next games to try and redeem yourself, not throw stupid degrading comments at the opposing team which won you in your own floor by the way.

69centers
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Please will someone ban this kid! Every single post/thread I've ever seen from him is baiting or an argument. Get rid of him already!

Here's just a sample of his crap:

"You are such an idiot."

"you are a complete moron"

"I feel so stupid arguing with a complete imbusul"

I mean, how much should we have to endure? :pity:

Yagyu+
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM

That might be a bit extreme. Rose has spent the past year earning his respect in about the humblest way possible. In his interviews he gets more excited talking about gummi bears and snack food than he does when reporters try and coax him into bragging about a solid stat line.

And I don't think anyone is flat out saying that Rose will have a repeat performance. If he's placed in a situation where he needs to, that means that things aren't going right, a la the third quarter for Chicago. While I do believe Rose possesses the capability to put up big numbers, as a Bulls fan, I'd rather he not have to. I want the team to excel as a whole.

effen5
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
That might be a bit extreme. Rose has spent the past year earning his respect in about the humblest way possible. In his interviews he gets more excited talking about gummi bears and snack food than he does when reporters try and coax him into bragging about a solid stat line.

And I don't think anyone is flat out saying that Rose will have a repeat performance. If he's placed in a situation where he needs to, that means that things aren't going right, a la the third quarter for Chicago. While I do believe Rose possesses the capability to put up big numbers, as a Bulls fan, I'd rather he not have to. I want the team to excel as a whole.

Exactly, Rose did what he did because HE HAD TO. If Salmons, Gordon, or Hinrich were actually making shots, Rose would not have 36, but more like 22, but he would probably have around 16 assists. As much as I love that performance on Saturday, I really hope Gordon Salmons and Hinrich are there to actually help Rose out tonight instead of Rose single handedly keeping the Bulls in the game again.

Yagyu+
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Exactly, Rose did what he did because HE HAD TO. If Salmons, Gordon, or Hinrich were actually making shots, Rose would not have 36, but more like 22, but he would probably have around 16 assists. As much as I love that performance on Saturday, I really hope Gordon Salmons and Hinrich are there to actually help Rose out tonight instead of Rose single handedly keeping the Bulls in the game again.

Amen, brother.

CELTICS4LYFE
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM

rose had a career game, ive seen rondo play better than he did in that game

Corey
04-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't really WANT Perk coming out and saying stuff like that, but what do you expect him to say?

effen5
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM

Oh is Rondo a rookie?

what54!?
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Oh is Rondo a rookie?he's a celtics fan he's gonna defend his team and players

G-Funk
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Sounds like he's just challenging Rose witch could be a good thing.

kbrill21
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Let me set it straight! Rose is an upper tier player! Perk is not. Perk should have kept his mouth shut. Rose is the best player on the court whoever the Bulls play, with the exception of CP, LBJ, and Kobe. Don't be surprised when Rose does this type of thing. I really like Derrick Rose, I wish the Celts had him.

Statik1
04-20-2009, 04:05 PM

LOL boston fans crack me up.

AirJordan23
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Perkins should have kept his mouth shut. Rose just did something Perk isn't capable of and it's not like Perkins would actually be guarding him. If Rondo said that, I could see. But, makes little sense for KP43 to say that. And, it's highly unlikely Rose puts up a performance like that again in this year's playoffs. He will draw more attention from the Celtics D and probably not have to carry a lotta scoring load. Plus, it's hard to repeat a performance like that the next game,

LakeShowRaider
04-20-2009, 04:12 PM
WOW...Of course Mr. wannabe KG would say some dumb ish like that. Get ready to be knocked out in the first round you lames.

effen5
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM

You know whats funny about that statement, Rondo's career high was 32 points against PHX, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds... Really good but not better then Rose's performance.

Jezeble
04-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Perkins always takes defense personal, especially without KG. If anyone goes off and it was his fault aswell, he won't allow it to happen again. He might foul out with some hard fouls, but he won't let it happen again. That's just how he plays.

You better believe the officials are aware of the situation, and if he harms Rose or any of our players in a malicious way, he is in BIG TROUBLE. From his statements, one will deduce that his actions are premeditative. He is a tool, and I hope he gets dunked on over and over tonight.

As Barkley would say, "WHO IS KENDRICK PERKINS? DO WE KNOW HIM?":smoking:

Vinny642
04-20-2009, 04:19 PM

But I thought Rondo was a great defender, how'd he let that happen?

Rome
04-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Nobody knows what will happen, who will score what. Rose could get 36 again, then again he could not.

I like Rose as an basketball fan, but I also like Perks as well. What the statement did is just add more entertainment to watch the next game. Perkins was right to defend his team, but said it in a way to get Rose going and the underdogs more of a reason to win.

Jonathan2323
04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
tonight Rose will have 20 points.

Celtics win by 15.

what54!?
04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
You better believe the officials are aware of the situation, and if he harms Rose or any of our players in a malicious way, he is in BIG TROUBLE. From his statements, one will deduce that his actions are premeditative. He is a tool, and I hope he gets dunked on over and over tonight.

As Barkley would say, "WHO IS KENDRICK PERKINS? DO WE KNOW HIM?":smoking:
a player who thinks he's better than he really is

jsizzle
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
nba playoffs at its finest i love it, hopefully the bulls can pull out 3 more games, even if they get "lucky" and lets not forget about noah's 20 rebounds either, kid played his butt off, boxin out perk

Tony_Starks
04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
If Rondo could play better than he did Saturday he would be an allstar. Not saying he can't duplicate it with KG out and more shots for him but to say he's played better is a big stretch. Maybe in NBA 2K or something but not in real life.

Corey
04-20-2009, 04:39 PM

You know whats funny about that statement, Rondo's career high was 32 points against PHX, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds... Really good but not better then Rose's performance.

Points aren't all that matters. Just because Rondo's 32 point game is his career high doesn't mean it's his best game.

I'd consider one of these two games to be Rondo's best game.
-16 points, 17 asssits, and 13 rebounds and three steals
-19 points ,14 assists, and 15 rebounds

Jezeble
04-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Please will someone ban this kid! Every single post/thread I've ever seen from him is baiting or an argument. Get rid of him already!

Here's just a sample of his crap:

"You are such an idiot."

"you are a complete moron"

"I feel so stupid arguing with a complete imbusul"

I mean, how much should we have to endure? :pity:

Yep, acting like a true Celtic -- bytching and moaning to the officials. You guys have been very nasty with your comments as well.:rolleyes:

Vinny642
04-20-2009, 04:41 PM
They are ok games. Good for his level.

effen5
04-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Points aren't all that matters. Just because Rondo's 32 point game is his career high doesn't mean it's his best game.

I take that back, that is impressive.

Tony_Starks
04-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Point taken, but those weren't in playoff games.

Vinny642
04-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Where is Rondo on the Top 10 PG list?

GodsSon
04-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Where is Rondo on the Top 10 PG list?

not on it

Kabowdos
04-20-2009, 04:59 PM

I can't believe there is such a big deal about this performance. Rose may or may not have another performance like that... who cares. It is about the Bulls winning the series, not Derrick's performance.

The other guys Salmon, Gordan and Hinrich I think shot 14-44? I believe? If those guys make more shots the game would have been a blow out and probably even a bigger game for Rose (more assists). Next game, maybe Rose has 18-7 which is still a great game and the other guys step it up. Bulls don't have a true leader or a true star like most playoff teams (No KB, Dirk, Duncan, Dwight). Rose is getting there, but he hasn't taking the thrown.

Kabowdos
04-20-2009, 05:04 PM

Anyone denying that rondo isn't a great player is a ******. He is a huge piece to Celtics team.
And Rondo's best game is probably is his best playoff game. I think the opponent and whether the game is meaningful or not has an influence on his "best game". I mean if he puts up 25 10 8 against the Thunder... great game, but who cares.

Rome
04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Well rose is a rookie, but obviously how he plays will affect this series. He's gonna be an all star soon and his performance in game 1 was a sign of things to come. Rose won't carry them past the champs by himself, but if his teammates show up, he doesn't need to score 36.

MiamiHeat
04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
I can see Perkins giving Rose 1 or 2 hard fouls

Rattlehead2006
04-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Perkins has a point though. He's just showing confidence in his team. If Rose hadn't put up those ridiculous numbers the Celts would have blown them out...even without KG in the lineup and Ray Allen shooting like 1 for 100. Perkins will not give any hard fouls on Rose, I guarantee it. Rondo has to shore up his defense though and so does Rose. Whenever you have two point guards going for 30 points against each other, how can you say either had a really good game? Aren't they supposed to be passing and playing defense? Game 2 should be interesting...

bowieinspace
04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
perkins/davis=slobs. rose is a better athlete then they can ever dream of being. this is just gonna push rose and his quiet confidence further.

CityofTreez
04-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I like this kind of ****. Perkins looks like 1 of the scariest mofo's out there behind garnett!

How funny is it that my old friend Brad Miller is calling upon the Bulls to be more physical, when in reality perkins will molly-wop Miller in boards/points throught the entire series-even in Chicago!

Now that was the dumbest quote of the week!

lakerfan4life1
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
why is this surprising the boston clowns allways have something dumb 2 say look at last year when they won it all. Get over it we laker fans are use 2 it by now. Lets go celtics we want you in the finals. Make it happen come on the whole city of boston depending on you even us lakers fans are cheering 4 u come on lol u aint goin make the rookie light u up again this series come on. we talk about the great boston celtics lol.

arlubas
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Perkins has a point though. He's just showing confidence in his team. If Rose hadn't put up those ridiculous numbers the Celts would have blown them out...even without KG in the lineup and Ray Allen shooting like 1 for 100. Perkins will not give any hard fouls on Rose, I guarantee it. Rondo has to shore up his defense though and so does Rose. Whenever you have two point guards going for 30 points against each other, how can you say either had a really good game? Aren't they supposed to be passing and playing defense? Game 2 should be interesting...
There are no ifs in basketball dude. If Rose hadn't put up those ridiculous numbers then maybe the others shot the ball better and the Bulls still win it or they all have a terrible night and the Cs blow them out. Point is you can't talk with ifs, it is what it is and what goes down on the court is all that matters.

Rose's game isn't to score like a maniac, he only did that because his team needed him to.

pippsux
04-20-2009, 05:43 PM

Who new Vinny could coach a little bit. Bulls are exciting!

zambo4president
04-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Perkins is a *****. Rose will throw Deeeeeeez Nutzzzzzz in his mouth tonight.

saritasbora
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
OK it is not certain that Rose will do that again in this serie but also it is not certain that he will not do that again .. Nobody in Chicago side claimed that Rose would do that again. Only Perk claimed that he wont do something like that. Thats why saying that kind of thing like Perk did is pretty dumb.

dee279
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
yeah Rose is not goin to score 36 again. Hes gonna get 37 or more now.

S.J.Basketball
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
To ask Rose to put a performance up like that again is a little much, but I expect him to have another great game.

Rattlehead2006
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
There are no ifs in basketball dude. If Rose hadn't put up those ridiculous numbers then maybe the others shot the ball better and the Bulls still win it or they all have a terrible night and the Cs blow them out. Point is you can't talk with ifs, it is what it is and what goes down on the court is all that matters.

Rose's game isn't to score like a maniac, he only did that because his team needed him to.

And if Pierce didn't miss that free throw at the end then we would be talking about Rondo's game instead of Rose. It's all about if's. The win gave Rose the credit. A loss and no one would have cared.

Rattlehead2006
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Perkins is a *****. Rose will throw Deeeeeeez Nutzzzzzz in his mouth tonight.

Real mature comment. Watch the game tonight...can't wait for Rose to get shut down.

S.J.Basketball
04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
And if Pierce didn't miss that free throw at the end then we would be talking about Rondo's game instead of Rose. It's all about if's. The win gave Rose the credit. A loss and no one would have cared.

Really? Wow.

ProdigyI
04-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Im expecting another big game from him.

Judging by his own words.....of trying and working harder when somebody says something about him....i'm expecting a big game from him.

GREATNESS ONE
04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
i picked the bulls to win the series once kg said hes out so just a matter of time before the boston fans start chanting kobe for mvp again in their stadium

:clap: haha People want to forget about that:rolleyes: Boston fans:laugh:

Kyle916
04-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Rose on Perkins: "You're a fat asss."

Statik1
04-20-2009, 06:56 PM
It just drives me nuts how Boston fans cant call it like it is....

Look at the Knick's fans they will all ways tell it like it is......

Rattlehead2006
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Really? Wow.

Rondo had almost as good a game (almost triple double). They lost, so no one's saying ****. I know Rose is a rookie and that's why he's getting a lot of praise. He played a hell of a game. No doubt. He made the Celtics look bad, and they have a lot to improve if they want to shut down this Bulls team.

Do you have anything other than wow?

Thatruth32
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
lmao

cmoneytakemoney
04-20-2009, 07:25 PM
I told you guys the Bulls will not win and Derrick Rose will not score more than 20 points in any of the remaining games of this series. Bulls will probably not win another game.

redwhitenblue
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I told you guys the Bulls will not win and Derrick Rose will not score more than 20 points in any of the remaining games of this series. Bulls will probably not win another game.
Bulls playing terribly, Celts driving at will, Rose out of the game in foul trouble, Celts still only up 7.

cmoneytakemoney
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Im expecting another big game from him.

Judging by his own words.....of trying and working harder when somebody says something about him....i'm expecting a big game from him.

I'm not. Rondo will not let him have another gamelike that guaranteed.

redwhitenblue
04-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm not. Rondo will not let him have another gamelike that guaranteed.
Probably won't have another game like that, because scoring is not his game.

ChrisKeg
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I understand if it was KG but who the **** is perkins he a bum he should try to play some d and shut his mouth he's garbage a scrub rose would make him look silly.

Garbage? Well, if nothing else, you have illustrated that you haven't watched much of the Celtics this year. But, for arguments sake, have you looked at the production you have gotten from your own centers this year? In very similar minutes, neither Noah nor Miller's numbers trump Perkins. Perkins grabs more rebounds, blocks more shots and shoots a higher percentage than both Miller and Noah... and it is those 3 things that are exactly what is asked of him in Boston's system.

But, enough of "my opinion." Take a look at some Perkins stats and rankings and make your own opinion...
BLOCKS - 150 (6th in NBA)
BLOCKS per game - 2.0 (6th in NBA)
BLOCK % - 5.3 (5th in NBA)
REBOUNDS per game - 8.1 (20th in NBA)
Offensive REBOUND % - 11.5 (8th in NBA)
Defensive REBOUND % - 21.4 (19th in NBA)
Total REBOUND % - 16.7 (11th in NBA)
DEFENSIVE win shares - 4.4 (Tied 11th in NBA)
DEFENSIVE rating - 100.2 (Tied 5th in the NBA)
Field Goal % - .577 4th in the NBA.
(All stats courtesy of NBA Reference.com)

Looks like the stats support that Perkins excels at rebounding, blocking shots, shooting at a high percentage and playing defense. Garbage? One man's garbage is Danny Ainge's treasure, apparently.

codes238
04-20-2009, 09:28 PM
perkins is better than any of chicago's big men so i dont know the point of calling him garbage... he was right about rose too...

New York Minute
04-20-2009, 09:42 PM
lmaoo @ all you fools sayin rose would do even better

redwhitenblue
04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
lmaoo @ all you fools sayin rose would do even better
Who said that?

Rose isn't a scorer, him doing better is ridiculous

New York Minute
04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Garbage? Well, if nothing else, you have illustrated that you haven't watched much of the Celtics this year. But, for arguments sake, have you looked at the production you have gotten from your own centers this year? In very similar minutes, neither Noah nor Miller's numbers trump Perkins. Perkins grabs more rebounds, blocks more shots and shoots a higher percentage than both Miller and Noah... and it is those 3 things that are exactly what is asked of him in Boston's system.

But, enough of "my opinion." Take a look at some Perkins stats and rankings and make your own opinion...
BLOCKS - 150 (6th in NBA)
BLOCKS per game - 2.0 (6th in NBA)
BLOCK % - 5.3 (5th in NBA)
REBOUNDS per game - 8.1 (20th in NBA)
Offensive REBOUND % - 11.5 (8th in NBA)
Defensive REBOUND % - 21.4 (19th in NBA)
Total REBOUND % - 16.7 (11th in NBA)
DEFENSIVE win shares - 4.4 (Tied 11th in NBA)
DEFENSIVE rating - 100.2 (Tied 5th in the NBA)
Field Goal % - .577 4th in the NBA.
(All stats courtesy of NBA Reference.com)

Looks like the stats support that Perkins excels at rebounding, blocking shots, shooting at a high percentage and playing defense. Garbage? One man's garbage is Danny Ainge's treasure, apparently.

kendrick perkins is garbage, with his 8 points and 8 rebounds per game

codes238
04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
kendrick perkins is garbage, with his 8 points and 8 rebounds per game

this statement is ironic and also pretty sad since kendrick perkins is a better player than anyone on new york...