PDA

View Full Version : Will Kariya play?

ink
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Any further word about Paul Kariya? Will he play tonight?

(redbird - I hope you don't mind me starting a thread in your forum, but Kariya is one of the greats and Vancouver fans are interested in whether he will be starting and when).

bpmd2k
04-20-2009, 05:26 PM
He needs to start tomorrow because I am sure that he has been ready since game one. Murray has probably just been scared that he might screw up the "Chemistry". He needs to re-think the entire game plan for game 4.

Also, I don't like the type of game that the 'nucks have been playing either. They have been exploiting some cheap plays and hits, and I haven't been very impressed with them. They are trying to start fights and do a lot of **** after the play is dead because they know that the refs aren't going to let anything come from it apparently.

ink
04-20-2009, 06:34 PM
He needs to start tomorrow because I am sure that he has been ready since game one. Murray has probably just been scared that he might screw up the "Chemistry". He needs to re-think the entire game plan for game 4.

Kariya's coming off almost a year long injury. I don't think chemistry is the only thing holding the coaching staff off from inserting him into the lineup. Sundin was also off for 9 months and Vigneault gave him several weeks before re-inserting him into the lineup. Practice pace and game pace are so different, and Kariya was saying he was already winded just taking part in practice. Anyway, I hope to see him play.

Also, I don't like the type of game that the 'nucks have been playing either. They have been exploiting some cheap plays and hits, and I haven't been very impressed with them. They are trying to start fights and do a lot of **** after the play is dead because they know that the refs aren't going to let anything come from it apparently.

That could easily be said from both sides. btw, as predicted it was a dumb chippy play (Crombeen) that cost the Blues the 5 on 3 that Vancouver sealed the win with. That's exactly what I was saying about undisciplined play costing teams in the playoffs. Against a better, more experienced team, chippy hockey 1. will not work, and 2. will be impossible to sustain. The Blues were able to keep it up for one period, but not for a whole game. That's not Murray's or the Blues' style.

btw, if Kariya's in and Sundin's out (which they expect him to be), I'm predicting that the Blues will extend the series to 5 games with a Blues win in Game 4.

bpmd2k
04-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, we can sum this thread up by stating that Murray made a ******** move by not letting Kariya play in this series... If he couldn't play a whole game, use him on the PP and in the 3rd period or an Overtime situation, and a shift here and there throughout the game... Except he benched him because he apparently doesn't like winning... Now this post is predicated on the fact that Kariya is Healthy, because it was leaked that he could have played in the last Regular season game... Yet, 5 games later... no Kariya? Stupid, Stupid move on Murray's part. If Kariya was never even close and it was just a tactic to mess with Van, then I will retract these statements, but if the stories about Kariya are true, then Murray isn't the coach I thought he was.

bpmd2k
04-21-2009, 11:44 PM
I hate you Andy Murray. Glad that your schemes produced 5 goals in 4 games.

I wish that LaRussa was a Hockey Coach or Checketts owned the Cardinals. The Cardinals owners suck mega donkey balls, and Apparently Andy Murray isn't that bright. I wish they could just shore up 1 franchise in STL.