PDA

View Full Version : Andrew McCutchen?

Rique
04-19-2009, 11:28 AM
When are you guys calling him up Brandon Moss looks awful:confused:

MG3
04-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Not until this season starts the tank, or around later july or august. Our outfield looks solid right now. Moss/Monroe will get the job done for now with mclouth and nyjer. Our pitching also looks very solid so not until things start going awful or whenever the rosters expand in august.

Highcheese4U
04-20-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree. Theres no need to rush things with McCutchen, especially when we are winning ballgames. In time that'll happen but I don't think that time is now.

burgh_fan66
04-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Moss hasnt looked horrible. Last I checked he had two outfield assists and seemed to be playing quite well in the field. His bat is not off to a great start but its not like he was hitting like Andy LaRoche was. Between him and Monroe right field is decent for now. McCutchen will be up here in time, no need to rush him at the moment.

Rique
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Moss hasnt looked horrible. Last I checked he had two outfield assists and seemed to be playing quite well in the field. His bat is not off to a great start but its not like he was hitting like Andy LaRoche was. Between him and Monroe right field is decent for now. McCutchen will be up here in time, no need to rush him at the moment.

Wow if Moss isn't playing bad to you I don't know what bad is. He can't hit and he can't play the outfield. What does he do well?

long ball
05-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I never saw Moss' numbers during the series' against the Brewers, but he hit some timely hits against them. As for McCutchen, I don't think there is much of a need for him right now. The Bucs' OF has been solid overall and they have played pretty well. I remember when the Brewers were having a poor season and I think it was either Junior Spivey or Eric Young who got hurt and the Brewers brought up Rickie Weeks and I think being called up too early is part of the reason why he has struggled hitting in the majors for most of his career

smallcityusa
05-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't get in a hurry for a McCutchen call up. He still needs to season some in AAA. Moss is batting like Adam LaRoche right now - but he has a big upside if he can just get some hits to get his confidence back. Andy LaRoche needs to teach the boys how to hit. I think a major lineup shuffle is needed, as is the return of Jack Wilson. Bixler stinks and Vasquez isn't much better IMO.

burgh_fan66
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Wow if Moss isn't playing bad to you I don't know what bad is. He can't hit and he can't play the outfield. What does he do well?

Check the Date of my post

it was 4/20. two weeks into the season. at this time he was doing far better than LaRoche and it was way too early to pull the trigger and cut the guy.

I still think its too early to cut him which is what bringing McCutchen up to replace him would do. (he is out of options). i do advocate Young, Monroe, and Hinske taking at bats though.

Rique
06-04-2009, 02:04 PM
well hes here now

Maholm28
06-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I love it