andybauer91
04-19-2009, 10:46 AM
poll

Raidaz4Life
04-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Iverson....

andybauer91
04-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I put Rondo here because he would be a role player on any other team but the Celitcs have no pg. rondo picks up his stats obviously from the Big 3
Although I love nash and hes a great guy, he won 2 mvps under d'antoni but really isnt that good. the system is though.
davis because he has a big contract and sucked ballz this yr lol
carmelo because he has never lived up to all the hype that people gave to him
Bynum because of his constant year long injuries
Tmac because of his lack of leadership
Jackson because lack of leadership
and Iverson because of his contract and ability to make teams do worse not better

Frrrrank!!!
04-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I put Rondo here because he would be a role player on any other team but the Celitcs have no pg. rondo picks up his stats obviously from the Big 3Although I love nash and hes a great guy, he won 2 mvps under d'antoni but really isnt that good. the system is though.
and Iverson because of his contract and ability to make teams do worse not better

Yeah, KG really helped Rondo get his stats yesterday.:rolleyes: I mean with Ray Allen hitting all those shots and KG's presence on the floor, how could he not all most get a triple double.:rolleyes:

BALLER71
04-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Woah, how is T-Mac overrated? He's always injured. But that doesn't make him overrated... I chose Rondo.

NBNature3
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Paul Pierce

Rocco007
04-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Mr. Back to Back MVP himself, Steve Nash...Will make CP3 bitter for the rest of his career if he never wins MVP based on those same standards..Talented PG but more of a system guy....Too pricey for Cuban to re-sign in Dallas for not being that difference maker, he really only excelled under D'Antoni and his system.. Also see Shawn Marion.

Jay22Redd
04-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I absolutely dont like (dont wanna say hate cuz thats not cool) Rondo but he's not overrated. He's a great point guard that can score, dish, and rebound. I'm sure almost everytime would want this guy on their team.

tjlipford
04-19-2009, 11:29 AM
None of these guy are overrated. Just some are getting older and dont impose the same force anymore. Rondo is growing on me. He is a tough point guard who is getting better. Carmelo is just Carmelo. Since he came in with Lebron and Wade people expect more from him but honestly he is not on their level and people have to face that fact. AI is not overrated its just he was in a messed up situation with Detroit. He does have a big ego and that has hurt him throughout hi career, but overrated never. He's going down as one of the 50 greatest to ever play the game and top 5 in scoring all time and all this at under 6 feet. So overrated is very far fetched.

JayW_1023
04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Amaré Stoudemire

theuuord
04-19-2009, 11:41 AM
this thread is a storm in the making.

cmellofan15
04-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I put Rondo here because he would be a role player on any other team but the Celitcs have no pg. rondo picks up his stats obviously from the Big 3
Although I love nash and hes a great guy, he won 2 mvps under d'antoni but really isnt that good. the system is though.

:pity:

theuuord
04-19-2009, 11:43 AM
let me get to it before people get too riled up about it

lebron is overrated
kobe is overrated
wade is overrated
jesus is overrated
cp3 is overrated
dwight howard is overrated
brad miller is overrated
brian scalabrine is overrated
derrick rose is overrated
michael beasley is overrated
blake griffin is overrated

COOL?

COOL.

Life'sABrees
04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I had to go with Iverson... George Karl made the right point... Iverson leads to too many wasted possessions. I never doubt the guys heart, but I think with his contract, ego and style of play he's made most of the teams he's been on worse with the exception of the 76ers for a couple years. Even they did better after trading him though. Just my opinion.

lakers4sho
04-19-2009, 12:05 PM
This thread is gonna turn out to be "Laker Fans vs. Everyone Else" because Bynum is in there.

bostncelts34
04-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Im not just saying this just because im a boston fan, but in no way is Rondo over rated. Any team would LOVE this guy on their team. He had virtually NO help yesterday, especially in the first half when pierce was cold. He almost got a triple double.

How is t-mac overated? Hes not over rated just injury prone. He was great when healthy.

Iverson is just past his prime, not over rated. he was one of the best scorers in the history of the game from the guard position. Especially for his size.

bostncelts34
04-19-2009, 12:06 PM
This thread is gonna turn out to be "Laker Fans vs. Everyone Else" because Bynum is in there.

i think its the other way around. Everyone hate on rondo and boston thread. lol

droalex
04-19-2009, 12:07 PM
B Davis.

JayW_1023
04-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Iverson is just past his prime, not over rated. he was one of the best scorers in the history of the game from the guard position. Especially for his size.

If other talented point guards had the urge and license to shoot as much as Iverson I'm not sure how much Iverson would've stood out.

maverick1155
04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Andrew Bynum

JayW_1023
04-19-2009, 12:13 PM
i think its the other way around. Everyone hate on rondo and boston thread. lol

Celtics and Lakers fans even argue about what OTHER fans supposedly should hate about. Sheesh.

Life'sABrees
04-19-2009, 12:15 PM

I think Bynum could be considered overrated because of injury concerns. When he's on the court I would say he lives up to the hype... However I would be hesitant to bank my team's success on him being there in the playoffs... That being said, the Lakers have enough talent on the team that they don't have to bank their success on him and if he does stay healthy then that's just a great bonus for them.

effen5
04-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Im a bulls fan and im going to say Rondo is not overrated. Hes a very good player. He just has the luxury of 3 all stars around him but he can carry his load like he showed yesterday.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
most of those guys don't even play cause they are hurt all the time.

PennyMy#1
04-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I voted T-Mac. But I would say most overrated player on PSD-Forums would be Rubio ...

jim51990
04-19-2009, 12:29 PM

this is a wierd day a celtics fan agreeing with a laker fan but rondo or bynum should not be in there when bynum is healthy he delivers and if you could watch rondo yesturday and say hes overrated your a moron (he outplayed rose) almost exact same offense stats except more rebounds and only had one turnover all game + ot

coryd238
04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I have no idea how melo is overrated. Especially on sportscenter....

Imo, lebron is overrated. He gets way too many calls and travels way too much.

Edit: Cavs fans, don't get riled up, lol.

Mane
04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Lebron James.

jim51990
04-19-2009, 12:32 PM
this is just a hate on celtics and lakers thread because they dominate the headlines

Kakaroach
04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Baron Davis. Who would give a 30 year-old a huge contract like that, especially when he is injury-prone.

andybauer91
04-19-2009, 12:41 PM
I got rondo because the dude cant shoot. The most 3's he ever made in a game was friecken 2.

People play tight on the Big 3 and do not pay as much attention to him and his layups.

He can rebound but who wouldn't have such a high assist total with an amazing shooter, amazing scorer, and top noch power foward

Kilo1824
04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
This is absolutely not even a question. Beyond a shadow of a doubt it is Carmelo Anthony.

Ski
04-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Paul Pierce

Thank you.

He was never that athletic to begin with but he's just looking more like a fat slob pile of **** lately. Salmons is not known for athletic prowess either, and is hobbled by a bad groin, yet still put it on PP defensively. I was fully expecting Pierce to take over, but he had a very hard time getting his shot off. Like Ray, he's looking pretty mediocre lately. Celtics are **** without KG.

homestarunner93
04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Where's Kobe at?

theuuord
04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Thank you.

He was never that athletic to begin with but he's just looking more like a fat slob pile of **** lately. Salmons is not known for athletic prowess either, and is hobbled by a bad groin, yet still put it on PP defensively. I was fully expecting Pierce to take over, but he had a very hard time getting his shot off. Like Ray, he's looking pretty mediocre lately. Celtics are **** without KG.

if one average game changes your mind about a player, then you weren't fully expecting them to succeed in the first place.

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Thank you.

People have bad games. It was only one game....

NYtilIdie
04-19-2009, 12:57 PM
T-Mac's not overrated hes shown numerous times he can put up 35+ points when he feels like his team is struggling and he carried his team on his back during that 22 game win streak last season and tried to carry the Rockets through the playoffs. Another reason he doesn't drop 30 a game cause hes not selfish he has the tallest Center in the game today and has some of the best role players in the league so theres no need to drop 30 every night Yao can put up 20,10 numbers and when you know you can get good production from your role players theres no need to be selfish. I bet all the people that voted for T-Mac just voted for cause the 1st round stuff.

Ski
04-19-2009, 01:03 PM
if one average game changes your mind about a player, then you weren't fully expecting them to succeed in the first place.

I'm a long time Pierce fan, but of the opinion he's falling off. My last post was more "disappointment" than "hater", but whatever, I'm a Bulls fan first so better for us :).

To the other poster you could be right about it only being one game, but again, I see it as a trend with his piss poor athleticism. Great shooting can't save you all the time, just ask Ray Allen.

Murphy_Dee
04-19-2009, 01:06 PM
I voted for Rondo, but that's just because I'm biased towards PGs with ugly jump shots. He is a very solid starter though, and will probably make it to a few All-Star games over the course of his career.

IrespectNumber3
04-19-2009, 01:09 PM
Rodney stuckey

superkegger
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Chris Bosh.

lakers4sho
04-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Rodney stuckey

I agree. Don't see anything special in him. Not this year, at least.

VCaintdead17
04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Another one of these threads?

I'd like to say Rondo, but he really changed my opinion yesterday. This kid is legit.

As for Bynum.....

mehh

So I chose him

Raps18-19 Champ
04-19-2009, 02:07 PM

Obviously.

At least 60-70% of Lakers fans overate Bynum.

This could also be Boston Fans vs. Everyone Else because Rondo is there.

I chose Rondo but now that I think of it, I am getting tired of the Bynum comparisons.

ink
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
this thread is a storm in the making.

+1

Closed. We don't need any more argument material on the NBA forums. It's also a lazy thread. What could be easier than hating on players?? Put a little thought into the threads please.