PDA

View Full Version : Remove every team's best player in the playoffs and who wins it all?

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 09:21 PM
2 Different Scenarios Here:

Scenario 1:
Remove every team's best player in the playoffs and who wins it all?

Scenario 2:
You keep your best player, however every team has to remove their 2nd best player on the team for the playoffs and who wins it all?

I think in either scenario it seems difficult to decide.

Gene2420
04-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Great question!

Scenario 1
I'm thinking LA because they have Gasol/Bynum to dominate the paint...Portland can be scary too.

Scenario 2
LA again...When Los Angeles didn't have Gasol they were dominating with Bynum in the middle. Cleveland is a VERY close 2nd though.

I love maryjane
04-18-2009, 09:35 PM
thats a good one really hard

umm i guess for the first one i would go with boston

there best player is not playing and people are still talking about them going to the Eastern conference finals

for the second one i would go with the lakers i still think without gasoul (spelt it wrong i kno) they would have the pieces to go all the way because they have kobe "the best player in the nba" Bryant

Kjinesracing
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I Say That Detroit would make it to the ecf and la in the finals.

Lebron23
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Celtics vs. Blazers

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Question 1...
The Hawks - Joe Johnson
Bibby
Flip Murray
Williams
Smith
Horford

Question 2
Miami Heat - Haslem

Chalmers
Wade
James Jones
Beasley
J Oneal

superkegger
04-18-2009, 09:39 PM
What does it matter?

kozelkid
04-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Question 1...
The Hawks - Joe Johnson
Bibby
Flip Murray
Williams
Smith
Horford

Question 2
Miami Heat - Haslem

Chalmers
Wade
James Jones
Beasley
J Oneal

I could have sworn beasley was miami's second best player:eyebrow::p:D

kozelkid
04-18-2009, 09:49 PM
I also can't see how anyone can possibly say blazers. Without roy, they wouldn't even sniff the playoffs. So to answer the question... if best player was gone, I'd go with nuggets vs celtics and celtics winning it all.
if it was scenario 2, IMO spurs lost their second best player in manu and they would be in finals along with the cavs.

philab
04-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Question 2
Miami Heat - Haslem

Chalmers
Wade
James Jones
Beasley
J Oneal

No chance that team beats Lebron, Z, Wallace, Varejao, West, Gibson, Pavlovic, etc. No chance in hell.

As for the first question, I have to go with Jazz minus Deron or Nuggets minus Carmelo -- probably Nuggets.

_Sn1P3r_
04-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Lakers - best player(Kobe) =

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Ariza
SG-Vujacic ??
PG-Fisher

Lakers - 2nd best player(Gasol) =

C-Bynum
PF-Odom
SF-Ariza
SG-Kobe
PG-Fisher

I'd take option 2.

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I guess I should of made it clear that every team has it's players. So teams like the Rockets have Mcgrady, Spurs have Manu, Celtics have KG, Magic have Jameer.

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 10:18 PM
No chance that team beats Lebron, Z, Wallace, Varejao, West, Gibson, Pavlovic, etc. No chance in hell.

As for the first question, I have to go with Jazz minus Deron or Nuggets minus Carmelo -- probably Nuggets.

the first one...He said Each team in the NBA...So take out Lebron

superkegger
04-18-2009, 10:38 PM
the first one...He said Each team in the NBA...So take out Lebron

he was referring to you saying haslem was the second best player and that that heat team would win it over all over lebron without Mo williams.

hotpotato1092
04-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Is there any question it's the Lakers for both? I mean could Cleveland or Boston or Orlando or Denver or anyone really take on Pau-Bynum-Odom without their best player? As for question #2, the Lakers were on top of the West last year when they only had Kobe-Bynum-Odom before Bynum got hurt, before Cleveland had Mo Williams they were fourth in the East, which was a much worse conference. I just don't see how any team could take the Lakers in either scenario because no team has anywhere near as much depth. Cleveland could take the Lakers in real life, but they don't have the depth to compete with LA without LeBron or Mo.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Scenario 1: Phoenix. Take Amar'e off the Suns and they have a lineup of Shaq, Barnes, Hill, Richardson and Nash.

This team has enough power to take on all the other teams. There isn't much difference between their best and 2nd best player so the 2nd best player can step it up.

Take Kobe, Lebron, Wade or all the other top stars off their team and the team dramatically drops because their 2nd best player probably can't take the load that the star player carried.

Scenario 2: Boston. Boston would have a lineup of Perkins, Garnett, T.Allen, R.Allen and Rondo.

Peirce is their main offense but Garnett and Allen increase their scoring if Peirce wasn't around. Peirce gets the ball the most and the Celtics offence isn't suited for Allen's screen game or Garnett's post game. If Peirce wasn't around,Allen would be averaging 24-28 ppg and Garnett would be averaging 22-26 ppg. Garnett is still the anchor of the defense.

Lakers and Cavs were not the same teams without Williams and Gasol. Cavs were a 4th seed and Lakers were 2nd seed.

Lebron and Kobe would still dominate but they don't have anyone else that could probably take some of the load that Gasol and Williams left.

philab
04-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Is there any question it's the Lakers for both? I mean could Cleveland or Boston or Orlando or Denver or anyone really take on Pau-Bynum-Odom without their best player? As for question #2, the Lakers were on top of the West last year when they only had Kobe-Bynum-Odom before Bynum got hurt, before Cleveland had Mo Williams they were fourth in the East, which was a much worse conference. I just don't see how any team could take the Lakers in either scenario because no team has anywhere near as much depth. Cleveland could take the Lakers in real life, but they don't have the depth to compete with LA without LeBron or Mo.

The Lakers would definitely be #1 or #2 with Cleveland taking the other spot in Scenario 2.

Keep in mind that LeBron missed 8 games last year (all losses) in the regular season, so that #4 seed is a bit misleading. Also, Cleveland is and was a much better playoff team than regular season team. And that team in the playoffs last year only had about 20 games to jell before the playoffs. Things are different now.

As for the Lakers without Gasol, the 17 games last year is a small sample size. Judging off that and what we've seen since, they'd definitely be #1 or #2 as I said earlier.

As for Scenario 1, I'm still going Nuggets without Carmelo, but Lakers without Kobe would be close.

VCaintdead17
04-18-2009, 10:57 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Denver

1:Carmelo

They would still have a legit chance at winning.

2:Billups

Again, they could win

Celtics is another good one

philab
04-18-2009, 10:58 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Denver

1:Carmelo

They would still have a legit chance at winning.

I have twice now. Actually, this makes three.

superkegger
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
You take Chauncey off of Denver, and Anthony Carter starts, that team is going ****ing nowhere. ****ing nowhere my friend.

philab
04-18-2009, 11:01 PM
You take Chauncey off of Denver, and Anthony Carter starts, that team is going ****ing nowhere. ****ing nowhere my friend.

Yeah, we've basically seen the Nuggets with Chauncey and it wasn't that great. And now we're removing Iverson -- ugh.

LayZbone
04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Man...I'd have to say Lakers w/o Kobe and Celtics w/o KG. those teams would still be good.

On the other hand, (besides kobe/lakers) if you take the other 4 best players in the league off their teams, the drop is hilarious.

J.O'Neal
Beasley
Jones
Cook
Chalmers

Ilgauskas
Varejao
Szczerbiak
West
Williams

Battie
Lewis
Hedo
Lee
Nelson

Chandler
West
Peja
Butler
Daniels

Lakergirl24
04-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Scenario One: Lakers, because Odom can take Gasols place and they would still be deep.

Scenario 2: Still lakers.

Lakergirl24
04-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Oops. I reversed my comments above. In either case, lakers for both scenarios

NBA-FAN4EVER
04-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Lakers easily since they're the most stacked team in the NBA. The lakers 4th best player is Lamar Odom who can easily get 20+ points 10+ rbs 5+ ast

BrizzleBear
04-19-2009, 02:19 AM
Lakers in both scenarios, Best depth in the league. Blazers and Nuggets would have a good chance as well.

Xsatyr
04-19-2009, 02:54 AM
Rockets should at least be mentioned, they are missing TMac already.

Hellcrooner
04-19-2009, 02:56 AM
come on this is not even a discussion.

If all the number 1s go down its a Lakers vs Celtics finals again , come on Williams? jameer Nelson? josh howard? Tyson Chandler? as the leading players¿

The only question mark would be if Parker and Manu would be able to beat Pau, Odom and Bynum but i doubt it, since Withouth Manu it woudl be a score feast for the twin towers.

If you remove the second options? Cavs for the east for sure beause his suporting cast is very similar one to another and for the west that would be much more difficult but i think San Antonio Would.

Lakers with no Pau = 06 Lakers out in the first round.

Hawkeye15
04-19-2009, 12:19 PM
1-Lakers
2- Cavs

PennyMy#1
04-19-2009, 12:24 PM
What about the Hawks without Joe Johnson ?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot they should stay competitve for the title

DreamShaker
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Scenario 1:
Remove every team's best player in the playoffs and who wins it all?

The Lakers.

Scenario 2:
You keep your best player, however every team has to remove their 2nd best player on the team for the playoffs and who wins it all?

The Rockets. They already have T-Mac out and are just fine. I would say the Lakers but Gasol is ridiculously valuable.

philab
04-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Scenario 2:

The Rockets. They already have T-Mac out and are just fine. I would say the Lakers but Gasol is ridiculously valuable.

While I don't disagree so much with this, the question of whether McGrady is actually the Rockets' best player must at least be asked. It probably depends on one's definition of "best".

Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, and Celtics are the picks for me here. On any given day I could go one way or another.

DreamShaker
04-19-2009, 04:07 PM
While I don't disagree so much with this, the question of whether McGrady is actually the Rockets' best player must at least be asked. It probably depends on one's definition of "best".

Lakers, Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, and Celtics are the picks for me here. On any given day I could go one way or another.

The question was 2nd best for scenerio two...Yao is easily the Rockets 2nd best playa...

Testaverde16
04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Lakers are compeitive either way

Cavs win situation 2 though, I know that for a fact.

philab
04-19-2009, 04:17 PM
The question was 2nd best for scenerio two...Yao is easily the Rockets 2nd best playa...

Yeah, you're right, got confused.

Although the same question could be asked, switching Yao and McGrady (and unconfusing myself) :D.