PDA

View Full Version : Where would the Bulls/Celtics 2009 Game 1 rank among Best Playoff Games Ever

ProdigyI
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Is it in the conversation?

There was tons of lead changes and ties, a prestigious record by a rookie was set, Pierce missed a game winning FT with 2 seconds left, great PG duel, Overtime.....Almost everything you can ask for in an NBA game.

abe_froman
04-18-2009, 05:28 PM
young team v. defending champs,ot,tons of ties and lead changes(especially late in the game),records were set,a franchise beating another for the first time in history.it had everything.i'd put in the conversation

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Is it in the conversation?

There was tons of lead changes and ties, a prestigious record by a rookie was set, Pierce missed a game winning FT with 2 seconds left, great PG duel, Overtime.....Almost everything you can ask for in an NBA game.

Probably like the Spurs vs Suns Game 1 last year or Lakers vs Suns Game 4 in 2006.

td0tsfinest
04-18-2009, 05:33 PM
all i can say is it was a great start to this years playoffs. I couldn't stop watching the game.
Rose and Rondo went at it. Rose all of sudden became my favourite pg in the east. He has all the tools to the best in the league. If he works on his jumper, it's going to be tough for anyone to defend him.

Second City
04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
It was fantastic, I didn't want it to end. But thank god it did bc idk if we would have won the 2 OT without Rose.

JayW_1023
04-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Not sure...that missed FT...I still can't believe Pierce missed that.

ProdigyI
04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
^ if he would have made that....game over. We had no timeouts left.

hotpotato1092
04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Great game, I think it means more to Bulls history than NBA history, it's gonna be remembered as Derrick Rose's "coming out party", similar to LeBron's 29 of 30 points against Detroit, the moment when we knew that they were gonna be legendary players (barring injury of course). This game will be remembered, and it may be the best playoff opening game ever, but I don't think it's the best playoff game ever or even top 10, if I had to put a number on it I'd say between 20 and 25.

Hoopsadvocate
04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
It was a fun game to watch but not in the conversation for "best playoff games ever" nice try though.

Giants27
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Not that great.....

PhillySportFan
04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
It was a great and fun game to watch but I don't think it's one of the best playoff games in history.

chicago lulz
04-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Definitely not NBA history. I would say Bulls playoff history as someone mentioned.

Second City
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Not sure...that missed FT...I still can't believe Pierce missed that.

Yea but it was a BS call, that was a clean block. Noah shouldn't have tried to do that but still....

Jonathan2323
04-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Bulls will still lose this series got lucky that Pierce missed that free throw.

Kakaroach
04-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Great and terrific way to open up the playoffs, but it wasn't half as good as the Spurs vs Suns game last year.

EX-TREME
04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
it was a great game but not the best playoff game

AirJordan23
04-18-2009, 06:08 PM
One of the best first round playoff games I've ever seen. Right up there with the Spurs/Suns game 1 last year, Heat/Knicks game 5 '99, Kings/Jazz game 4 '99, Suns/Lakers game 4 '06 and a lot more. It had all the drama, intensity, excitement and Rose putting on an amazing show. Ray chokejob, Pierce missing that FT. Great game.

AllTheWay
04-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Great game, one of the better ones in recent memory, but it wasn't any better than some of the classics last postseason, or even these last few years.

barbjake
04-18-2009, 06:23 PM

Man, you Heat fans are HATERS! Can't even give a little love for a great game of basketball... It could have gone into 6 overtimes, and you guys would still be "It wasn't so good. you dudes got lucky. That game wasn't as good as Mario Chalmers. He beat Derrick Rose in college, you know."

I really hope the Heat don't win a single playoff game, so Heat fans can shut the **** up for a minute.

barbjake
04-18-2009, 06:24 PM
I don't know if it was among best ALL TIME, but it was awesome. A GREAT game all around.

Fool
04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I have had one of those contagious smiles on my face all day, lol.

Joshtd1
04-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Good one. Have two of the young up and coming PG's battling it out. Lead changes. People like Tyrus Thomas and Glen Davis stepping up. Would have been that much better if there was a game winner at the buzzer.

DubsFan
04-18-2009, 06:35 PM
The game was very entertaining and Rose put on a great show but I don't know if it is one of the best playoff games ever... That is taking it a little too far.

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 06:41 PM

What does the series have to do with what happened this game?

jacquewho?
04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
1st Round? Sure. Entire Playoffs? Naw.

MissinShowtime
04-18-2009, 06:51 PM
As far as one of the best playoff games of all time, I'd have to disagree. But I did find myself hitting a few of my doggs up to see if they were watching this rookie put on a helluva show.

This is proof that Boston can be just as competitive without Pierce or Allen in the lineup with KG healthy. But with KG out and these two trying to lead the Celtics to victory...they are a lot more vulnerable. Rose doesn't get 1/3 of his layups if KG was on the floor today. This is going to be fun to watch.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 06:57 PM
You will see highlights of it when D Rose becomes an allstar. One of those look back moments that made him what he is type Vids. Among best of all time, maybe if D Rose pulls a game wining shot instead of fouling out, but otherwise, not historical, just a good game.

Big E
04-18-2009, 07:39 PM

you OBVIOUSLY didn't watch the game. There were countless BS calls in favor of the Celtics. Everytime they could the refs made a ridiculous call in favor of Boston and its insane that NO ONE is mentioning it after the game. If the Celtics would have won it would have been only because of the refs help. Noah made a clean block and the last shot by Allen should have never happened, it was OBVIOUSLY touched last by Pierce and they still gave the ball to Boston.

still1ballin
04-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Probably like the Spurs vs Suns Game 1 last year or Lakers vs Suns Game 4 in 2006.

No way!!! This game was good, but Game 4 of Lakers vs Suns was epic....there is no comparison.

Big E
04-18-2009, 08:00 PM
No way!!! This game was good, but Game 4 of Lakers vs Suns was epic....there is no comparison.

of course a Laker fan says this.
you can definately compare the two, the laker one only had a game winning jumper better than this one. I do agree tho, this game didn't have an ending like that one. But Bulls - Celtics is in the conversation for best first round playoff game this decade.

dtmagnet
04-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Well this game was fun to watch from beginning to start thats all I know.

Missing56&33
04-18-2009, 09:24 PM
not even close, it was a sloppy game IMO, the bulls played the best they could 36 from rose and boston without KG should have won if not for PP missed ft.

superkegger
04-18-2009, 09:43 PM
It was a great game, I'm not doubting that, but among best playoff games ever, it's not in the conversation. Not enough was at stake for it to be up there with the likes of those. Were it a game 7 of the series, it would be higher, but even then, I still don't think it ranks among the all time great games. Great game, and that's what the playoffs are about, but it wasn't an all time great game.

bbcmillionaire
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
yeah great game. but that bulls vs utah in the last seconds when steve kerr hit that game winning three. I was like 9 and i still remember that game lol. its kinda of funny that the heat and new york "fans" aka haters come in here. lol the heat should worry about bibby, joe johnson al horford and josh smith. and the knicks should worry about................lol. getting lebron in 2010?

Hoopsadvocate
04-18-2009, 11:13 PM
of course a Laker fan says this.
you can definately compare the two, the laker one only had a game winning jumper better than this one. I do agree tho, this game didn't have an ending like that one. But Bulls - Celtics is in the conversation for best first round playoff game this decade.

Ya thats why about 90% of the people here and 100% non bull fans said it wasnt one of the best first round playoff games right?:rolleyes:

It was a good game but nowhere near one of the "best". And Noah's foul was not a "clean" block lol. It was a blatant foul and i was so mad at him when he made it that game should have been over so many times but some stupid fouls kept extending the game but w/e Bulls got the win in the end.

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 10:33 PM
You might have to add game 2 as well. In fact it could be better since it was on a game winning shot.

superkegger
04-20-2009, 10:35 PM
It's been a great series thus far, much more competitive than I thought it would be.

Jay22Redd
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
it was no where near Game 2

NYMetros
04-20-2009, 10:38 PM
It was pretty good. Not great though.

Game 2 was better IMO.

chiforlyfe
04-20-2009, 10:50 PM
game one was horribly played by both teams in my opinion. the celtics are a much better team then how they played in game one, with or without kg. game two showed that. in my opinion game two was a much better game only difference is my team lost. it is going to be a great series no doubt

USMCLaker
04-21-2009, 06:58 AM
you OBVIOUSLY didn't watch the game. There were countless BS calls in favor of the Celtics. Everytime they could the refs made a ridiculous call in favor of Boston and its insane that NO ONE is mentioning it after the game. If the Celtics would have won it would have been only because of the refs help. Noah made a clean block and the last shot by Allen should have never happened, it was OBVIOUSLY touched last by Pierce and they still gave the ball to Boston.

I agree about there being a lot of BS calls, take out the BS calls and the Bulls win with no talk of a Paul Pierce missed free throw however, that being said that wasn't a clean block by Noah there was body contact and a dumb foul after playing a nice game. Also in regards to the bad calls they seem to take the air out of the Bulls game.

But the if's and what if's don't mean anything you still gotta do your thing.

As far as ranking among Best Playoff Games Ever IDK I don't really analyze best ever games but I will say this I don't have the time to spend two to three hours watching any games other than my Lakers but this game had me riveted and I was happy for the Bulls fans.

JordansBulls
04-21-2009, 08:13 AM
game one was horribly played by both teams in my opinion. the celtics are a much better team then how they played in game one, with or without kg. game two showed that. in my opinion game two was a much better game only difference is my team lost. it is going to be a great series no doubt

Celtics defense has not been impressive. It's like they are playing the Hawks without KG around.