abe_froman
04-18-2009, 03:17 PM
i know :D

USMCLaker
04-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Noah, what are you thinking!!!

Lakersfan2483
04-18-2009, 03:19 PM
How good is this young guy? He just tied the record for most points scored by a rookie in his first ever playoff game (36points, 9apg). When he plays the game he's always looking to get to the rim and he rarely forces anything. He's very composed for a young player. Very impressive start thus far....

Draco
04-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Anyone think John Wall could have played as well today? :rolleyes:

b_rad23
04-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Why not?

Draco
04-18-2009, 03:22 PM
DRose broke MJ's rookie playoff record for points in a game.

VCaintdead17
04-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Rose has proved he is definitely a top 5 pg.

td0tsfinest
04-18-2009, 03:23 PM
10 assist now :p

abe_froman
DRose broke MJ's rookie playoff record for points in a game.
:laugh:

USMCLaker
He is deadly

Draco
04-18-2009, 03:25 PM
:laugh:

For the Bull's team.

_Sn1P3r_
04-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Rose is a beast. Exceeded my expectations, that's for sure.

drama1386
04-18-2009, 03:26 PM
derrick rose is the real deal. this kid is gonna be an NBA superstar in a few years.

USMCLaker
04-18-2009, 03:29 PM
derrick rose is the real deal. this kid is gonna be an NBA superstar in a few years.

Maybe even sooner

Vinny642
04-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Can't wait til he is in with Cp and DWill.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I called him being the top PG over a year ago. Nice to know I can still scout them.

abe_froman
04-18-2009, 03:39 PM
For the Bull's team.

i'm happy,so what :p

kingkobe
04-18-2009, 03:40 PM
let the (̅_̅_̅_̅̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅_̅(̅̅_̅()ڪے~~ begin...hahahaha

Vinny642
04-18-2009, 03:41 PM
lol

dre1990
04-18-2009, 03:43 PM
How many great young PG does the NBA nead :laugh2:

td0tsfinest
this kid was phenomenal today, And he so soft spoken during his interview. He called the lady "ma'am" after each sentence :p. when's the last time you seen an athlete speak like that /

still1ballin
Unbeliveable performance!

kozelkid
04-18-2009, 03:44 PM
damn straight. 36 points, which is 63 points backwards which is what MJ scored against the celtics. Coincidence? I think NOT!

EX-TREME
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
he is greatness

Lakers4ItAll
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
In The Making??? He's already a top 3 PG in the league

Raoul Duke_91
04-18-2009, 03:46 PM
d-rose 36pts 11ast
derrick rose is a superstar

droalex
04-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Glad everyone got to see him now.

still1ballin
04-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Rose has became one of my favorite players in the NBA...just the way he finishes at the rim is unbelievable

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I dont know where, but I posted somewhere under a playoff prediction thread that Rose would score 30+ in one game in the playoffs. I had no idea it would be in his debut against the former champs. Wow, If anyone knows where that thread is please help me out in finding it. Thanks.

as far as rose, All I can say is WOW. And what hapened to Rondo being one of the best defensive PGs in the leage.

USMCLaker
04-18-2009, 03:50 PM
You have to wonder what are the Bulls chances now.

arlubas
04-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I've been a fan of D-Rose ever since his HS days and all I can say is I am also surprised from his performance. I mean, I knew the kid is gonna be great in the league as he was throughout the season but damn, 36 pts and 11 asts in his playoff debut, that I didn't expect!

Becks2307
04-18-2009, 03:53 PM
cp3 dwill tp3 rose

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 03:54 PM
How good is this young guy? He just tied the record for most points scored by a rookie in his first ever playoff game (36points, 9apg). When he plays the game he's always looking to get to the rim and he rarely forces anything. He's very composed for a young player. Very impressive start thus far....

This is why I mainly judge guys by how they perform individually more so in the playoffs. Rose this game 1 scored more than he had all year in a game.

KnicksorBust
04-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Question To All:

Is Rose going to be like the anti-Webber? Webber's historic blunder of the timeout in the NCAA tournament foreshadowed a career of choking in clutch moments. Is Rose ALREADY showing his missed FT to clinch the NCAA Title game vs. Kansas is a thing of the past? 36 pts, 11 assists, and 2 nothing but net FT's in his most climatic shots of today's game.

kozelkid
04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Question To All:

Is Rose going to be like the anti-Webber? Webber's historic blunder of the timeout in the NCAA tournament foreshadowed a career of choking in clutch moments. Is Rose ALREADY showing his missed FT to clinch the NCAA Title game vs. Kansas is a thing of the past? 36 pts, 11 assists, and 2 nothing but net FT's in his most climatic shots of today's game.

what angers me the most about that game is the fact that if anyone ****ed it over it was his team. Did he miss that ft? ya, but if anyone choked hard that game it was CDR. Even pierce showed today (who was very clutch in last years playoffs) that he can miss a ft. Sometimes it is pressure, other times it's downright luck. Rose has proven he can step up when pressure goes up, like how he carried memphis in the ncaa tourney last year or bulls this game, webber was just never good in the playoffs.

BALLER71
04-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I dont know where, but I posted somewhere under a playoff prediction thread that Rose would score 30+ in one game in the playoffs. I had no idea it would be in his debut against the former champs. Wow, If anyone knows where that thread is please help me out in finding it. Thanks.

as far as rose, All I can say is WOW. And what hapened to Rondo being one of the best defensive PGs in the leage.

That's not really a bold prediction... at all.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 04:06 PM
That's not really a bold prediction... at all.

Kinda is considering he hasnt scored 30 all year. You dont know what thread that was in do you.

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Rose is a superstar...Watching him last year when he missed the free throws made me think he wasnt clutch...Today he came through when the Bulls needed him....

Hes top 3 pg in the east as far as im concerned

ProdigyI
04-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Im glad all of you NBA fans could finally see D.Rose at his best:)

JayW_1023
04-18-2009, 04:14 PM
He is playing like an established veteran.

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Im glad Rose showed up today...Now I know for sure Beasley is going to show up tommorow *Not saying Beasley is going to out perform Rose*

_Sn1P3r_
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
He is playing like an established veteran.

Haha, it seems like it huh. So poised on the court, and can take over when needed. He can only get better.

Durant is hype
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Haha, it seems like it huh. So poised on the court, and can take over when needed. He can only get better.

Scary.

dandman1021
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
great player...he will be in the top 10 players within the next 2 years

_Sn1P3r_
04-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Haha, Derrick Rose is a polite person. When interviewed, he would be like 'No, mam' or 'Thank you, mam'.

MrBloop
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Rose superstar? you don't say.

Lost Art
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
He's a FANTASTIC PLAYER.........but he'll never be a superstar. The dude has ZERO charisma. He's one hell of a player, but he just doesn't have that marketable star quality. I do think he'll be an elite player though.

Did you see his post game interview? He was SO BORING and AWKWARD. You can see why he's so calm in the game, because when he talks he's like a freaking zombie.

what54!?
04-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Deserves to be the franchise player. BEAST

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 04:25 PM
He's a FANTASTIC PLAYER.........but he'll never be a superstar. The dude has ZERO charisma. He's one hell of a player, but he just doesn't have that marketable star quality. I do think he'll be an elite player though.

Did you see his post game interview? He was SO BORING and AWKWARD. You can see why he's so calm in the game, because when he talks he's like a freaking zombie.

So what do you call Tim Duncan? He isn't a talker either.

lakerboy
04-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Thank God this guy is in the East.

Draco
04-18-2009, 04:26 PM

lol @ this post. You need to step outside that bubble of smog you call L.A.

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/574/rosesgj.jpg

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM

Exactly...every team needs a humble player in that locker room...He played good...but he knows he's a rookie but says hes going to continue to player hard...

Great Performances + Championship(s) = Dominate player/ Franchise Player
KG, Duncan, Dwade and Billups.

Great Performances + All Talk = What happened to them?/ Distractions
T-Mac and Iverson

Draco
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
If Jersey sales are an indication of marketability then I think Rose is doing well for a rookie.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3866598

Lost Art
04-18-2009, 04:31 PM

He seems even less personable than Duncan. But think about Duncan, is he really a superstar? He's an elite player, but I wouldn't call him a superstar in terms of celebrity. Duncan has won 4 championships and multiple MVP awards, and think about how little we hear about him. If Rose can win a bunch of championships and MVP awards than maybe he'll get that level of recognition, if not his personality is going to prohibit him from being recognized as a true superstar.

I'm not saying its a bad thing for him to be that way, its probably actually a great thing for team chemistry. I'm just saying that he's not going to blow up like Lebron, Kobe, and Wade..........he just doesn't have that star charisma.

SeoulBeatz
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Rose is the real deal, no doubt about it, hes just crazy composed

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 04:34 PM
He seems even less personable than Duncan. But think about Duncan, is he really a superstar? He's an elite player, but I wouldn't call him a superstar in terms of celebrity. Duncan has won 4 championships and multiple MVP awards, and think about how little we hear about him. If Rose can win a bunch of championships and MVP awards than maybe he'll get that level of recognition, if not his personality is going to prohibit him from being recognized as a true superstar.

I hope you are joking by calling a guy who has 4 titles and 3 finals MVP's and 2 league MVP's not a superstar.

New York Minute
04-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Rose has became one of my favorite players in the NBA...just the way he finishes at the rim is unbelievable

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

in 2k9, i play with chicago all the time just becuz of him

Lost Art
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I hope you are joking by calling a guy who has 4 titles and 3 finals MVP's and 2 league MVP's not a superstar.

He's a "superstar" if your definition of superstar is being recognized as one of the best players in the league. If your definition of "superstar" is being the face of the league and having your mug plastered on a bunch of merchandise and all over the television...........then no, TD isn't a superstar.

I see Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and maybe CP3/DH as the NBA's only "superstars"

abe_froman
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM

I'm not saying its a bad thing for him to be that way, its probably actually a great thing for team chemistry. I'm just saying that he's not going to blow up like Lebron, Kobe, and Wade..........he just doesn't have that star charisma.

1.duncan is a superstar 2.he(rose)is in the 3rd largest market in the u.s.,you'd be crazy to say he's not going to get recognized(like d will who stuck in utah)

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Lost art is right Duncan is not a superstar...

He's a Hall of Famer...Probably the best PF to ever play the game.

dandman1021
04-18-2009, 04:49 PM
I believe Duncan is a Superstar...when you think of the spurs you usually think of him. When you think of the starting PF for the west all star team you think of Duncan

Lost Art
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Lost art is right Duncan is not a superstar...

He's a Hall of Famer...Probably the best PF to ever play the game.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. TD is a no-brainer HOFamer and IS the best PF of all time.........but no, he's not a superstar. Ask a non-NBA fan if they know who TD is.........I doubt they'll have any idea. But I bet they know who Lebron James and Kobe Bryant are. I see "superstars" as the players that are the face of the league.........and I don't think Rose will ever reach that level. Not because of his play, but because of his personality.

hawkeyefootball
04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not saying D-Rose is ever going to lose his humble persona, but he's 20 freaking years old and a rookie. I'm sure he'll get more comfortable with interviews eventually.

abe_froman
04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. TD is a no-brainer HOFamer and IS the best PF of all time.........but no, he's not a superstar. Ask a non-NBA fan if they know who TD is.........I doubt they'll have any idea. But I bet they know who Lebron James and Kobe Bryant are. I see "superstars" as the players that are the face of the league.........and I don't think Rose will ever reach that level. Not because of his play, but because of his personality.

personality has little to do with it.it has more to do with where you play;big media market,large fanbase v. small

look,deron williams should be a superstar but he's not,why? because he's in utah

Mr.Chi-Town
04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
personality has little to do with it.it has more to do with where you play;big media market,large fanbase v. small

:nod:

IrespectNumber3
04-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Lost Art...Big question...Do you think Yao Ming is a superstar?

greg_ory_2005
04-18-2009, 05:06 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/574/rosesgj.jpg

That was just an unbelievable chart right there.

chiitownkings
04-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Rose will be a Super Star!! Kid is sick

shep33
04-18-2009, 05:10 PM
I've never seen Rondo get owned like that on D. Rose did whatever he wanted, crossed him up multiple times. Crazy. I still see this series going to the Celts in 7. Ray Allen played pretty bad, Pierce missed a freethrow to win the game, and they shot poorly as a team from 3. Bulls played great and got a couple bad calls from the refs (Noah's clean block on Perkins, the travel call on salmons which got reversed as they had a 3 on 1). But if Allen can get like 10-15 pts, i think they'll still take the series.

Soto>Norris
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
I called him being the top PG over a year ago. Nice to know I can still scout them.

i dont think that calling someone like derrick rose to be a star PG while hes leading memphis to the finals is called "scouting", thats more like being called "not an idiot", but if it boosts your confidence to think that you personally made this unbelieveable discovery before anyone knew about it, well then thats great.:worthy:

greg_ory_2005
04-18-2009, 05:17 PM
i dont think that calling someone like derrick rose to be a star PG while hes leading memphis to the finals is called "scouting", thats more like being called "not an idiot", but if it boosts your confidence to think that you personally made this unbelieveable discovery before anyone knew about it, well then thats great.:worthy:

True. :laugh2:

Draco

There you go.. this is about what one L.A. fan thinks which apparently has little to do with what the majority of bball fans think. Rose's jersey sales are in the top 10. I can throw out a statement too.. and regardless of what the mods think, it's just as valid. Kobe's umm... checkered past is one reason that a lot of people have for disliking him. Does that make Kobe less of a superstar because he can't keep it in his pants?

Soto>Norris

im going to have to say that thats a prediction 95% of chicago would have made also. this is the playoffs dude, rose knows he needs to take control and lead this team. he is also constantly improving, and it was a sure-fire prediction that he would break out for 30+ in at least one game. if you call the Giants beating the pats, ill say that was a great prediction (assuming you arent from new york), but this is not anything you need to dig out of the archives and show your grandkids, because it was a pretty easy prediction.

Cubs Man 5
04-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Lost Art, you are a complete moron. Duncan's not a superstar? Who cares if he's not in the media? Who cares if he's not going out partying every not, and being in the news. That seems to be working well for Bynum, right?

Derrick Rose is 20 freaking years old, and put together one of the better rookie seasons the league has seen. Today, he put together the best performance by a rookie in the playoffs ever. The sky is the limit..

hawkeyefootball
04-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Lost Art is not a moron he just has a different view of what a superstar is. I think most of us think it's an elite player in the NBA but it seems to me he thinks it's a player that gets a ton of endorsements and commercials. Not a big deal, just a difference in definition.

jim51990
04-18-2009, 05:20 PM
the person saying he wont be a superstar because of charisma is right he will be a superstar player but not superstar like kobe, Lebron, Dwade who are known by non basketball fans i think thats what he means

Draco
04-18-2009, 05:22 PM
the person saying he wont be a superstar because of charisma is right he will be a superstar player but not superstar like kobe, Lebron, Dwade who are known by non basketball fans i think thats what he means

by what measure.. jersey sales?

jim51990
04-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Lost Art, you are a complete moron. Duncan's not a superstar? Who cares if he's not in the media? Who cares if he's not going out partying every not, and being in the news. That seems to be working well for Bynum, right?

Derrick Rose is 20 freaking years old, and put together one of the better rookie seasons the league has seen. Today, he put together the best performance by a rookie in the playoffs ever. The sky is the limit..

he was great today is the sky is the limit but one of the better rookie seasons the league has seen is really pushing it... i think oj mayo had an even better season then he did for example

Soto>Norris
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
as for the whole duncan situation, everyone who says he isnt a superstar is a major moron. just cuz duncan isnt getting laid every night and getting caught with pot in his car hes not a superstar? gimme a break. just the fact that i UNDERSTAND him in the post game interviews, and the fact that he is proper adds to his superstar status. he is one of the greatest players the game has ever seen, and for sure one of the winningest as well. just because you idiots dont have the attention span to watch duncan and his not so exciting style of play, does not mean he isnt a superstar. the fact that he isnt an ******* sets an example up of how players should behave, not like ****ing idiots who speak like morons at interviews.

jim51990
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
by what measure.. jersey sales?

what im saying is duncan is one of the best players iv ever seen but how many people know him compared to lebron and dwade im saying being a superstar player is different then being a superstar

jehovah joe
04-18-2009, 05:26 PM
rose is a super talent... the dude is a beast... superstar in the making... amazing!

the bulls got so FN lucky in last years draft!! ( or was it fate? ) he was destined to resurrect the chi town bulls...

on a side note... the bulls have mad talent... it wont surprise me if the bulls win the series.

abe_froman
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
rose is a super talent... the dude is a beast... superstar in the making... amazing!

the bulls got so FN lucky in last years draft!! ( or was it fate? ) he was destined to resurrect the chi town bulls...

on a side note... the bulls have mad talent... it wont surprise me if the bulls win the series.

if you call secret agreement with david stern fate,than sure its fate:p

Hoopsadvocate
04-18-2009, 05:33 PM
He's a "superstar" if your definition of superstar is being recognized as one of the best players in the league. If your definition of "superstar" is being the face of the league and having your mug plastered on a bunch of merchandise and all over the television...........then no, TD isn't a superstar.

I see Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and maybe CP3/DH as the NBA's only "superstars"

thats not a superstar thats a posterboy. LMAO @ Tim not being a superstar either if thats not a superstar then i don't care what it really is.

Soto>Norris
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
if you call secret agreement with david stern fate,than sure its fate:p

Lets just say that david stern had something jerry reinsdorf wanted, and jerry reinsdorf wanted something from david stern, if you catch my drift :moon::moon::moon: ...maybe they should move to amsterdam together.

JayW_1023
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM

No team has been as consistent as Tim Duncans Spurs the past ten years...when people are gonna recollect basketball this decade...you bet people are going to see Duncan as one of the faces of basketball in this generation.

One of the things that I love about Rose is that he leaves it on the floor and doesn't care much about his image and the whole media hype. He just goes out there and plays with heart.

I wish more players his age were so mature.

theimortalone
04-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes he is! :clap: Mad props to Rose for todays game!

Chronz
04-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Calm your buttcheeks, he was insane today but its still only 1 game. I dont remember so many people getting riled up when Steve Francis and Magic Johnson were the only players to rack up a triple double in their first playoff game.

1060 Addison
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM
I really like the fact that outsiders get to see derrick rose against the celts...this kid is not even close to where i think he may be. He still is growing which is going to be scary for years to come. He does sound like a zombie, but i think its refreshing to see a young guy in his position be so sincere and humble. He is what you want in a number one pick. You don't have to worry about him except w/apple cutters. D.Rose is a superstar he just doesn't think so. Thats dope!

Soto>Norris
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I really like the fact that outsiders get to see derrick rose against the celts...this kid is not even close to where i think he may be. He still is growing which is going to be scary for years to come. He does sound like a zombie, but i think its refreshing to see a young guy in his position be so sincere and humble. He is what you want in a number one pick. You don't have to worry about him except w/apple cutters. D.Rose is a superstar he just doesn't think so. Thats dope!

HAHA ****IN HILARIOUS!!! thats seriously great though. you know that youve got a true baller when he hurts himself preppin up a nutritious snack, opposed to gettin a bullet hole in his left nut. hes gonna be a freak over time, and the best part is that you can rely on his calm, humble self to keep whatever teams he may lead in the future cool as ice. he is the ideal superstar. hes exciting, spreads a good message about attitude, young, has great potential, and he just needs to win.

chicago lulz
04-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Calm your buttcheeks, he was insane today but its still only 1 game. I dont remember so many people getting riled up when Steve Francis and Magic Johnson were the only players to rack up a triple double in their first playoff game.

Was there a PSD forum when Magic got the triple double?

Lebron23
04-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Best Rookie in the NBA.

Knowledge
04-18-2009, 06:02 PM

Kobe and Lebron dont go looking for attention nor do they do anything to proclaim themselves as the face of the league. They just go out and play basketball at the highest level. If Rose does the same then he will get all the attention in the world, especially since he plays in Chicago.

Being the face of the league has nothing to do with personality, it has to do with winning and making the "spectacular plays" that can make a crowd sit on the edge of their seat. That is what Rose has. That is what Lebron, kobe, Paul, Howard and ect have that makes them the faces of the league. TD doesnt have the excitement in his game that these players have.

hail2theskins21
04-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Man is he good or what.

wow i was impressed.

I'm hoping the wiz:mad: can get the same production from my boy blake griffin!!!

But GO BULLS MAN!!! F the celtics they are so ghey.

Cubs Win
04-18-2009, 06:12 PM
I had a feeling Rose would go big in the playoffs. In the regular season he doesn't go for the kill until its all on the line. But in the playoffs, its all on the line. If he comes out playing like that for the entire playoffs, I will be amazed, but not surprised. The kid is a flat out stud.

bogdanrom
04-18-2009, 06:18 PM

Really?!? :speechless: In his first playoff game, in his rookie year, against the Celtics, who even without KG are a great defense team, he scores 36 points and gets 11 assists. And by the way he's only 20. Baring an extreme injury he'll be at least top 3 PG in the NBA, with CP3 and DWill. And in my opinion that he has a chance, as slight as it maybe, to be better than both. So what he soft spoken. Do I need to remind you of Tim Duncan. Why do need to be loud and to talk a lot to be a great player. What does that have to do with being a superstar. And you mention marketability. I bet if he plays anything remotely like this the remaining of the playoffs, his jerseys sales will rise greatly.

BrizzleBear
04-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Been watching him all season long, It's great to see other fans appreciating how good he really has been.

Lost Art
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes, but just because he's Chinese. There are 1.3 billion people over there and he's one of the only Chinese players in the NBA.

Kakaroach
04-18-2009, 06:34 PM
What terrific play from the rookie. He has put himself has a Top 5 PG in the East. Just dominated the Celtics all day.

XJW18
04-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Soo thats why he was takin Number One!

Cmon man, we knew he was a Star in the making!
But man did he put on a show or what, Awesome Game!

maverick1155
04-18-2009, 07:01 PM
he is going to be a super star...he didnt look like a rookie today at all...and his ganna win the rookie of the year too

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Kobe and Lebron dont go looking for attention nor do they do anything to proclaim themselves as the face of the league. They just go out and play basketball at the highest level. If Rose does the same then he will get all the attention in the world, especially since he plays in Chicago.

Being the face of the league has nothing to do with personality, it has to do with winning and making the "spectacular plays" that can make a crowd sit on the edge of their seat. That is what Rose has. That is what Lebron, kobe, Paul, Howard and ect have that makes them the faces of the league. TD doesnt have the excitement in his game that these players have.

Good post and well thought out.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know what the record for most assist in a first playoff game is.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know what the record for most assist in a Playoff Debut game is. 11 is pretty high, especialy for a first game, wonder how close he is to that record.

NYMetros
04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Rose certainly earned my respect today. I watched him probably about 10-14 times in the regular season, and while I thought he was decent, I never though he was going to amount to the kind of guy that can take over a game on offense. However, my opinion of him completely changed after watching his spectacular performance he put on today. He made Rondo, a pretty decent defender himself, look like the WORST defender on the court.

At the beginning of this season, Rose had no jump shot what so ever. But he was banging in the jumpers from the top of the key today. He seems like a guy that will work hard to be the best player he can possibly be and is hungry for wins. I mean, the kid is a rookie and he was single-handedly running the offense out there today. The kid is a straight up baller, no question about it. Super star status is not something that will be out of his reach for long.

Draco
04-18-2009, 07:25 PM
At the beginning of this season, Rose had no jump shot what so ever. But he was banging in the jumpers from the top of the key today.

I don't want to come across as being a homer.. but it seemed to a lot of people that Rose was knocking down the majority of his jumpers early in the season.

Kabowdos
04-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Great rookie season, great playoff start. If they win the series, I'd be really impressed. He also has to play well the next few games. He still has a lot to prove but I think he has the potential to get to the next level.

kozelkid
04-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Good post and well thought out.

meh, kobe yes, but lebron is a major attention whore. I don't think there is a more egotistical player in the league than lebron, I mean he has a tattoo that's says chosen one for ffs.
However, kobe is a perfect example and comparison to rose. He never looks for attention, just works his *** off, much like rose. The only time kobe had serious issues was in the 07 summer and with shaq, but he never looked for attention and to increase his marketability like lebron always does with his constant 2010 comments.

kozelkid
04-18-2009, 08:21 PM

Thing is, who says francis couldn't have been a superstar? He had all the talent in the world, he just had major attitude issues. Rose is like francis minus the attitude which is why he is likely to be a superstar and possibly (hopefully :pray:) win a championship or 2 for us, maybe more :D

Bullsfan22
04-18-2009, 08:23 PM

I agree with you he will never be a superstar in terms as being seen on the red carpet and flashy outgoing personality like lebron,kobe and wade. People have different views on what a superstar is thats all...get off the mans back. The thing is what if he becomes a superstar because he's so different from the majority of players.

BrizzleBear
04-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know what the record for most assist in a Playoff Debut game is. 11 is pretty high, especialy for a first game, wonder how close he is to that record.

Something that I would like to know as well, I imagine it would have to be pretty close to record.

Draco
04-18-2009, 08:31 PM
meh, kobe yes, but lebron is a major attention whore. I don't think there is a more egotistical player in the league than lebron, I mean he has a tattoo that's says chosen one for ffs.
However, kobe is a perfect example and comparison to rose. He never looks for attention, just works his *** off, much like rose. The only time kobe had serious issues was in the 07 summer and with shaq, but he never looked for attention and to increase his marketability like lebron always does with his constant 2010 comments.

You haven't been following Bryant's early career. If Bryant now appears not to be an attention whore it's because he learned that shutting up is better than consistently putting his foot in his mouth. Congrats to Bryants PR guys. In no way does rookie Bryant bear any resemblance to rookie Rose.

Why should anyone care if Lebron likes the spotlight? It doesn't hurt his team's success and he hasn't disresected other players.

Gene2420
04-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Love Rose.

Dude has freak of nature speed.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 08:38 PM
I agree with you he will never be a superstar in terms as being seen on the red carpet and flashy outgoing personality like lebron,kobe and wade. People have different views on what a superstar is thats all...get off the mans back.

Can I just say something. Rose takes critizm very well. Earlier this season, I think Hollinger said he needs to learn how to exicute the lob pass to be on the level of chris paul. I dont know if anyone noticed, but around 3 weeks after that he has been looking for Noah and Thomas with lob passes alot more ofter. If Rose hears that his Speaking skills arnt good enough, he will probably take a speaking class to improve upon that as well. the guy will never give up his humbleness though, and I dont want him to. He is going to be one hell of a player. Hopefully the bulls can get him a little bit of help in the future.

juggla53
04-18-2009, 08:40 PM
If ray allen doesnt get his head out of his *** the celts will be one and done... granted rose had a great game but ray was absolutley awful and thats gotta change for boston

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 08:47 PM
You haven't been following Bryant's early career. If Bryant now appears not to be an attention whore it's because he learned that shutting up is better than consistently putting his foot in his mouth. Congrats to Bryants PR guys. In no way does rookie Bryant bear any resemblance to rookie Rose.

Why should anyone care if Lebron likes the spotlight? It doesn't hurt his team's success and he hasn't disresected other players.

The only thing it has earned him is marketability, his talent is the same. No, rose will not be like CP3 and get comercials for Right guard ( but who would )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40wWZ2QMm3U

I think that we need a vocal Allstar next to rose, let him do the talking to the media

NYK|NYY
04-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Hes improved so much since last year in College its scary. Everyone knew he was going to be special, hes got the perfect combination of ability and a humble personality. Hes making the jump from rookie to star quickly.

GottaLoveCubs
04-18-2009, 08:57 PM
lebron is a major attention whore. I don't think there is a more egotistical player in the league than lebron

So True! Did you watch the Cavs game today?? At half time they did Lebrons fave 5 athletes. His favorite athlete was himself!!! It's like really?? And thats why you wear the #23 right?? Lebron is great, but that pissed me off.

As for Rose, just amazing the entire game. He will be a superstar. There is absolutely zero questions bout it.

Missing56&33
04-18-2009, 09:08 PM
rose is the real deal

Lebron23
04-18-2009, 09:33 PM
He's fast, He's explosive, and He's one of the best finisher in the NBA.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM

Not to mention hes unselfish, sees the floor well, and is a good passer.

He is also a willing defender but No where near what he could be.

Lebron23
04-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Not to mention hes unselfish, sees the floor well, and is a good passer.

He is also a willing defender but No where near what he could be.

That's why he deserve to win the NBA Rookie of the Year award over OJ Mayo and Brook Lopez.

Kyben36
04-18-2009, 09:42 PM
So True! Did you watch the Cavs game today?? At half time they did Lebrons fave 5 athletes. His favorite athlete was himself!!! It's like really?? And thats why you wear the #23 right?? Lebron is great, but that pissed me off.

As for Rose, just amazing the entire game. He will be a superstar. There is absolutely zero questions bout it.

Lebron is truely a freak. 6"9, 270 pounds, and that athletic, check his pockets for steriods and his shoes for any type of high tech devices.

but Lebron is a real dick. King James, give me a ****ing break, Ive never heard of King MJ, and in his prime he would have woped your ***, then, right as he is about to dunk it on you, he would stick his toung out on you.

Lone Maverick
04-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Rose was damn impressive today. Not like it needs to be said but dude is going to be a STAR.

JordansBulls
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Rose was damn impressive today. Not like it needs to be said but dude is going to be a STAR.

If we can get a big man next year like Bosh or Amare we may be serious contenders.

Lone Maverick
04-18-2009, 11:46 PM
If we can get a big man next year like Bosh or Amare we may be serious contenders.

It'd be amazing. Drop a big man in that lineup that can put up 20 nightly and then they'll be something to watch.

DerekRE_3
04-19-2009, 12:00 AM

If only those two players knew how to defend the post.

charlsdq7
04-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Skills

Soto>Norris
04-19-2009, 12:28 AM

thats what she said my friend, thats what she said...

Soto>Norris
04-19-2009, 12:30 AM

remember the dunk contest, right before the last dunk when nate robinson was having his moment, lebron decided then to annouce his participation in next years contest and took the stage from nate and dwight so he could get attention...major whore...

Draco
04-19-2009, 12:34 AM
remember the dunk contest, right before the last dunk when nate robinson was having his moment, lebron decided then to annouce his participation in next years contest and took the stage from nate and dwight so he could get attention...major whore...

Rahmad Rashad or whoever it was posed the question to Lebron. Similarly, much of the 2010 discussion was/is initiated by the media... yes, Lebron.. that unforgivable attention whore.. shame on him.

Lakergirl24
04-19-2009, 12:41 AM
I havent really seen derrick rose play much, but wow...After watching him today, that kid is special.

azkarraga
04-19-2009, 12:49 AM
i love this kid!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
04-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Rose is absolutely a STAR. he wil be a SuperStar by next year. the kid is filthy good. ice water in those veins. he was absolutely on fire. he killed us today and just ripped our interior defense apart. Amazing player. Glad I called his greatness last year. ha

but...time for u so called NBA fans to give Rondo his due as well.
29 points, 8 assists i think and most importantly no turnovers!

watching Rose and Rondo battle was great. some real entertainment.

Fans in Asia
04-19-2009, 01:36 AM
As a rookie, Rose has some unusual mental strength. I have talked about this earlier in the season. Being a good rookie is difficult, being a good PG rookie is even harder!

Kyben36
04-19-2009, 01:46 AM
Rose is absolutely a STAR. he wil be a SuperStar by next year. the kid is filthy good. ice water in those veins. he was absolutely on fire. he killed us today and just ripped our interior defense apart. Amazing player. Glad I called his greatness last year. ha

Yes, Rondo is good, but what Rose did was just sick. I mean, when you think what this kid could be and where he ranks among the players, It almost brings a tear to your eye. Rondos a talented guard with some very good skill, I think he will be a top 10 PG for sure, Im not sure he will break top 5 though, especialy with a few other guards coming out in the next 2 years like Rubio and John Wall. Both who are sick. My guese is soon our top 5 will be

CP3
D Rose
John Wall
D Will
Rubio

in that order.

Dont get me wrong, Rondo is very very good, but is he good enough to bring a championsip to a team, No. The players listed above could be the key component to a championship team. I think he could be a Good 2nd option or a great 3rd, But never a 1st. Just my opinion on him,

abe_froman
04-19-2009, 01:50 AM

rondo gets underrated on this site,mostly because of who he plays with.but he's been having an impressive year

The Prodigy
04-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Rose will be a superstar in this league no doubt. Right now I KNOW he is the best rookie. I used to think it was Beasley but today Rose proved me wrong. Hopefully Beasley can do good his first playoff game.

Raoul Duke_91
04-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Im glad Rose showed up today...Now I know for sure Beasley is going to show up tommorow *Not saying Beasley is going to out perform Rose*

How does the fact that rose preformed well give you confidence beasley will preform well?
completly different caliber of player

GrandDaddyPurp
04-19-2009, 02:21 AM
the bulls are so lucky to have him.

zambo4president
04-19-2009, 02:23 AM

It was 36 and 11

Chronz
04-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Was there a PSD forum when Magic got the triple double?
There was when Stevie did it

Chronz
04-19-2009, 04:03 AM
Thing is, who says francis couldn't have been a superstar? He had all the talent in the world, he just had major attitude issues. Rose is like francis minus the attitude which is why he is likely to be a superstar and possibly (hopefully :pray:) win a championship or 2 for us, maybe more :D
Definitely, my post is directed towards to those who feel like this one game signifies imminent stardom.

CP3 The Great
04-19-2009, 04:13 AM
Can't wait til he is in with Cp and DWill.

To all the people blogging on this thread, almost all bull fans knew what he was capable of he is the most raw talented point guard, most likely to have ever play because most point guards are one threat, my favorite player is CP3. Dwill is also good but i'll have you know that he will be better then both of them once his outside game improves there isn't a point guard in the nba that can stop him he is powerful like deron williams and quick like chris paul, He's the truth..:clap:

abe_froman
04-19-2009, 04:18 AM
^ he can get to second best,but no number 1 is impossible unless cp3 decides to stop playing ball or something tragic happening

hotpotato1092
04-19-2009, 04:20 AM
He's already a superstar, I'm really excited about his future. Cavs-Bulls could become like Knicks-Bulls was in the 90's when Jordan and Ewing played, although hopefully it's not as one sided.

CP3 The Great
04-19-2009, 04:34 AM
^ he can get to second best,but no number 1 is impossible unless cp3 decides to stop playing ball or something tragic happening

completely not true he's is a bigger offensive threat then cp3 so far as creating his own points, chris paul can juss pass better then everyone right now like i said derrick rose is a little bit of both cp3 and dwill he is like the perfect point guard super athletic when they compare cp3 and dwill what do they bang on cp3 for? his one on one defense derrick rose has that there isn't nothing to knock him on besides his outside shooting

CP3 The Great
04-19-2009, 04:39 AM

same guy who said the celtics were going to win this series in 5, get off drose he's chicago's son stay on paul pierce, and what happend your guy's so called hall of famer was a joke tonite 4 points and he's supposed to be one of the best if not the best shooter to every play *** naw!

PennyMy#1
04-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Rose was great. He showed real greatness. Amazing player and the Bulls are and can be happy to have him. He's a future all-star. He's a guy you're jealous on, because he plays on the other team.

But, to say something else mentioned in this thread. Yes, Mr. Rondo gets not the credit he deserves. He plays on a team with KG, Pierce and Allen and still knows how to shine through those 3 big Superstars. I can't believe how people can say that guys like RUBIO, will ever be better like him. Rondo already IS a fantastic player, while a Rubio still has to prove himself in the league. Rubio is so extremly overrated, I wish only half of the credit this forum gives to Rubio would get Rajon Rondo, who really deserves it.

I do see Rose a bit ahead of Rondo, because Rose already carries a franchise on his shoulders ...

effen5
04-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I am glad the rest of the country FINALLY got to see Derrick Rose. As for Chicago fans, this wasn't really suprising since we knew he could do this. IMO, Drose is already in the top 5 the way he's played this year. He will definetly be a top 5 pg and top 10 player next year.

As for Rondo, he deserves a ton of credit. Rondo is a fantastic player. He kept Boston in the game.

pedrofan45
04-19-2009, 10:31 AM
although i do think rose is going to be a great player i think in yesterdays game the celtics defense made rose look really good. I mean, how many points did he score off of lay-ups? It seemed like the celtics just let him blow by them... He is going to be a great player though

BTownTeamsRKing
04-19-2009, 10:57 AM
same guy who said the celtics were going to win this series in 5, get off drose he's chicago's son stay on paul pierce, and what happend your guy's so called hall of famer was a joke tonite 4 points and he's supposed to be one of the best if not the best shooter to every play *** naw!

ok CP3! u dont even rep Chicago in your name!

dont talk to me about giving credit where its due. or enjoying some good basketball. fanboy

BroadwayJoe
04-19-2009, 11:16 AM
ok CP3! u dont even rep Chicago in your name!

dont talk to me about giving credit where its due. or enjoying some good basketball. fanboy

as somebody who hates both the bulls and celtics equally, let me say this with an unbiased tongue...

that was the worst rebuttal i have ever seen on psd. you called out his user name in response to him calling out your superstar. :pity:

Kyben36
04-19-2009, 11:25 AM

Well, I found some info on this, Rose is the 2nd player to have 35 pts and 10 assist in his NBA Debut. Who is the other, CP3. Does anyone know how many he got.

Also, Jordon had 23 points, kinda Ironic, and 10 assist in his debut.

effen5
04-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, I found some info on this, Rose is the 2nd player to have 35 pts and 10 assist in his NBA Debut. Who is the other, CP3. Does anyone know how many he got.

Also, Jordon had 23 points, kinda Ironic, and 10 assist in his debut.

Rose 36pts 11 assists
CP3 35pts 10 assists

effen5
04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
although i do think rose is going to be a great player i think in yesterdays game the celtics defense made rose look really good. I mean, how many points did he score off of lay-ups? It seemed like the celtics just let him blow by them... He is going to be a great player though

Rose has done that to every team and has done that every game of this season. He is just faster then anyone on the court.

northsider
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Rose was a beast last night PERIOD. This is a young kid going in the right direction and lucky enough he plays for my CHICAGO BULLS!

LETS GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
04-19-2009, 05:40 PM
as somebody who hates both the bulls and celtics equally, let me say this with an unbiased tongue...

that was the worst rebuttal i have ever seen on psd. you called out his user name in response to him calling out your superstar. :pity:

ok so if i say Rose sucks. im being a hater. If i give credit where credit is due, then im abandoning my superstar. get off me.

u guys take sports way too damn seriously. I loved that game yesterday. 2 of my favorite PGs goin shot for shot. Somethin special to watch. Just bc im a huge Celtics fan, doesnt mean i cant like other players around the league. of course i want the Celtics to win every game, but in reality thats not really posssible.

looken forward to seeing Rose vs Rondo part 2....if i didnt have freaken class at the same time as the game!!!!!!! damn

Kyben36
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
ok so if i say Rose sucks. im being a hater. If i give credit where credit is due, then im abandoning my superstar. get off me.

u guys take sports way too damn seriously. I loved that game yesterday. 2 of my favorite PGs goin shot for shot. Somethin special to watch. Just bc im a huge Celtics fan, doesnt mean i cant like other players around the league. of course i want the Celtics to win every game, but in reality thats not really posssible.

looken forward to seeing Rose vs Rondo part 2....if i didnt have freaken class at the same time as the game!!!!!!! damn

Ronod is good, but not a first option on a good team. Maybe a good 2nd option or great 3rd, but will he ever be a top player on a contending team, I doubt it.

Vinny642
04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Rose was great. He showed real greatness. Amazing player and the Bulls are and can be happy to have him. He's a future all-star. He's a guy you're jealous on, because he plays on the other team.

But, to say something else mentioned in this thread. Yes, Mr. Rondo gets not the credit he deserves. He plays on a team with KG, Pierce and Allen and still knows how to shine through those 3 big Superstars. I can't believe how people can say that guys like RUBIO, will ever be better like him. Rondo already IS a fantastic player, while a Rubio still has to prove himself in the league. Rubio is so extremly overrated, I wish only half of the credit this forum gives to Rubio would get Rajon Rondo, who really deserves it.

I do see Rose a bit ahead of Rondo, because Rose already carries a franchise on his shoulders ...

You cant really blmae rondo because he never had the opportunity but Rose is better right now and will become alot better

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Ronod is good, but not a first option on a good team. Maybe a good 2nd option or great 3rd, but will he ever be a top player on a contending team, I doubt it.

He pretty much led the Celtics yesterday...

BTownTeamsRKing
04-19-2009, 06:38 PM

he sure seemed like it yesterday

Vinny642
04-19-2009, 06:45 PM

His username is great thats why.

RodmansBulls
04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
In The Making??? He's already a top 3 PG in the league

Not better than D-Will, Chris Paul or Tony Parker...

IversonIsKrazy
04-19-2009, 07:37 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. DERRICK ROSE

Cubs Man 5
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. DERRICK ROSE

Parker shouldn't be ahead of Rose. I find D-Will somewhat overrated by some, and I'm an Illini fan. Rose will be #2 pretty soon.

Big E
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Parker shouldn't be ahead of Rose. I find D-Will somewhat overrated by some, and I'm an Illini fan. Rose will be #2 pretty soon.

No way you put Rose over Parker this soon. Parker has RINGS!
I'm a Bulls fan but saying Parker shouldn't be ahead of Rose is idiotic.

DLeeicious
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM

That is why Rose is so solid. He can get to the basket at will. He can finish strong and has such great body control he can take contact and still finish. To say it was poor defense because he got so many layups is backwards. He got so many layups because he is just that good at getting to the hoop. Rondo is not a bad defender, Rose made him look silly and we know Rondo isn't that bad. A special player that I couldn't be more excited to watch for years to come. So lucky he is wearing my teams uniform!

69centers
04-19-2009, 09:50 PM
That is why Rose is so solid. He can get to the basket at will. He can finish strong and has such great body control he can take contact and still finish. To say it was poor defense because he got so many layups is backwards. He got so many layups because he is just that good at getting to the hoop. Rondo is not a bad defender, Rose made him look silly and we know Rondo isn't that bad. A special player that I couldn't be more excited to watch for years to come. So lucky he is wearing my teams uniform!

Yah, the Celtics looked awesome on D on that late game drive where he just tiptoed in and leaped over Big Baby coming from the weak side. No way he drops 36 if KG was playing. Our bad D made him look great. We'll see his playoff average when he's played more games.

barbjake
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
No way you put Rose over Parker this soon. Parker has RINGS!
I'm a Bulls fan but saying Parker shouldn't be ahead of Rose is idiotic.

I'm sort of sick of Championships validating supporting players... I know Parker was finals MVP one of those years, but those rings only validate Duncans greatness.

Otherwise, Horace Grant and Bill Cartwright made up one of the best frontcourt tandems in history.

barbjake
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Yah, the Celtics looked awesome on D on that late game drive where he just tiptoed in and leaped over Big Baby coming from the weak side. No way he drops 36 if KG was playing. Our bad D made him look great. We'll see his playoff average when he's played more games.

Gentlemen, start your excuses!
There's no need to hate on a rookie putting up an amazing game. He also wouldn't have gotten 36 if Rondo could stay in front of him, how about that?
The Bulls are missing one of their top players too.

The thing with KG... Garnett is not sitting right now because of some fluke accident, he is sitting because he is GETTING OLD, and injuries are a lot harder to get over as you age. So please don't pretend like this is a temporary thing. It is the direction of an aging francise.

Disclaimer: KG is one of my all-time favorite players, but his run is clearly winding down.

Big E
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm sort of sick of Championships validating supporting players... I know Parker was finals MVP one of those years, but those rings only validate Duncans greatness.

Otherwise, Horace Grant and Bill Cartwright made up one of the best frontcourt tandems in history.

This is a foolish statement. Parker was a HUGE part in the Spurs titles. I get the point that every member of the team isn't better because they were part of a championship team, but Parker was great.
Comparing Parkers influence to the Spurs to Grant and Cartwrights influence to the bulls is idiotic at best.
You obviously didn't watch ANY Spurs playoff games.

69centers
04-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Gentlemen, start your excuses!
There's no need to hate on a rookie putting up an amazing game. He also wouldn't have gotten 36 if Rondo could stay in front of him, how about that?
The Bulls are missing one of their top players too.

The thing with KG... Garnett is not sitting right now because of some fluke accident, he is sitting because he is GETTING OLD, and injuries are a lot harder to get over as you age. So please don't pretend like this is a temporary thing. It is the direction of an aging francise.

Disclaimer: KG is one of my all-time favorite players, but his run is clearly winding down.

He's only 32!! C'mon! Even Bird with his bad back played until he was 35. Karl Malone until like 40.

Big E
04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
If the Celtics had KG, the Bulls would have no chance.
I'm a Bulls fan but it's true.

barbjake
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
He's only 32!! C'mon! Even Bird with his bad back played until he was 35. Karl Malone until like 40.

I think the big thing with KG is that he skipped college. That's four extra seasons of NBA game... Which, to me, puts him effectively at about 36. We are about to see how long players last when they go strait from high school.

I agree it would still be a huge difference if KG was playing, I just don't like the excuses already. The Bulls would be a different team if Deng was healthy and playing also.

barbjake
04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
This is a foolish statement. Parker was a HUGE part in the Spurs titles. I get the point that every member of the team isn't better because they were part of a championship team, but Parker was great.
Comparing Parkers influence to the Spurs to Grant and Cartwrights influence to the bulls is idiotic at best.
You obviously didn't watch ANY Spurs playoff games.

They had a very big "influence" on those titles.
Maybe you forget that Grant was an all-star, got constant double-double's, and had a few defensive team selections (second team i think.) He was a huge part of the first three titles.

You got me on Big Bill, but even he was instrumental to their success. He played hard defense, and hit 3 or 4 horribly awkward 10 foot jump shots in the first quarter of pretty much every game.

Also, wouldn't that make Parker better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams too? They haven't won a title.

Big E
04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Also, wouldn't that make Parker better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams too? They haven't won a title.

If all three retired today, Parker is the best of the 3.

el_duderino2484
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
derrick rose is a starting pg at best .he's a punk

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 10:38 PM

haha what do you mean he's a starting pg at best?? And how is he a punk? Are you just trolling here?

MJ-BULLS
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM

sounds like u hating on rose man, calling him a punk :pity:

el_duderino2484
04-19-2009, 11:16 PM
you guys are just biased bulls fans. this is how the rest of the world sees him. he wasnt even the best pg last game

brendol
04-19-2009, 11:19 PM
you guys are just biased bulls fans. this is how the rest of the world sees him. he wasnt even the best pg last game

this guy is just a failed troll or a homer who possesses a low IQ. people are better off ignoring him.

el_duderino2484
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM
above average dribbler+average shooter+poor defender+ok vision+ok passer=derrick rose

el_duderino2484
04-19-2009, 11:24 PM
im not a troll or a hater, im actually a memphis alumni

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 11:28 PM

What does a memphis alumni have to do anything with it? Doesn't particularly mean you're a fan of him. But meh, it's your opinion.

barbjake
04-19-2009, 11:28 PM
im not a troll or a hater, im actually a total idiot

...plus you're half ********. you gave yourself away when you said he was a punk. People can talk all the **** they want on his game (which is ridiculous anyhow) buy he's the nicest guy in the NBA.
Way to get a rise out of people *******.

el_duderino2484
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
you all wish he was as good as rondo

chicago lulz
04-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Yup. You are 100% correct.

Soto>Norris
04-19-2009, 11:39 PM

memphis community college for the retarted and blind? i thought at 219 posts i was new around here, but people already hate you at under 20 posts. nice job dude...i bet you have awesome friends who wear aviator sunglasses indoors at the malls...tool.

MagicMan13
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM

:eyebrow: I pretty much hate the bulls... and I am definatly no Rose fan but dude you are flat out wrong.
He had a better game that Paul did in his first playoff game...I watched that whole thing and he literally willed the bulls to that win. He is a star

yojoe792
04-20-2009, 12:02 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/captain%20obvious/fr_slingsandarrows/captain_obvious_rock_gift.jpg

el_duderino2484
04-20-2009, 01:30 AM
best pg
1 cp3
2 deron
3 rondo
4 chauncey
5 harris
6 nash
7 jameer
8 bibby
9 tj ford
10 parker
11 ROSE

el_duderino2484
04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
memphis community college for the retarted and blind? i thought at 219 posts i was new around here, but people already hate you at under 20 posts. nice job dude...i bet you have awesome friends who wear aviator sunglasses indoors at the malls...tool.

actually me and my friends wear shuttershades ok

JayW_1023
04-20-2009, 06:47 AM
best pg
1 cp3
2 deron
3 rondo
4 chauncey
5 harris
6 nash
7 jameer
8 bibby
9 tj ford
10 parker
11 ROSE

All the people in bold over Tony Parker...that's ZERO credibility.

JayW_1023
04-20-2009, 06:48 AM

Oh yes he, should...you have been one of the many 'casual observers' who have completely ignored the way Parker has flat out dominated this season so I'll go easy on you.

I have admired Rose's playoff debut as much as any fan of the game...but the bandwagoning some people are doing after one game is flat out hilarious.

Chronz
04-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Oh yes he, should...you have been one of the many 'casual observers' who have completely ignored the way Parker has flat out dominated this season so I'll go easy on you.

I have admired Rose's playoff debut as much as any fan of the game...but the bandwagoning some people are doing after one game is flat out hilarious.

Doesnt it suck when you have to call a player you like overrated.

Bullsfan22
04-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Doesnt it suck when you have to call a player you like overrated.

So you are saying derrick rose is overrated because you have two idiots saying he's as good as parker? not a good look...:laugh2:

Jay22Redd
04-20-2009, 09:29 AM
You have to be flipped upside down, around and around while *** naked after drinking 20 Heinekens to think Tj Ford is better than Derrick Rose!

Yagyu+
04-20-2009, 09:47 AM

I'm going to start by saying how reluctant I am to make comparisons between guys on the court. Particularly when one has been playing with the same general nucleus of veteran players for a number of seasons, and the other is still in his rookie season, on one of the younger teams in the league, led by a rookie coach.

My point is that it hasn't been just one game. It's been all but one game -- the only game Rose didn't start this year. Yes, the bulls may be the most improved team since the acquisitions of Thomas, Salmons, and Miller. However, if Rose hadn't done it all season long, the Bulls wouldn't be anywhere close to the playoffs, let alone competing.

I couldn't agree with you more, people sleep on Parker. And, no, I don't think Rose is better than him, yet. I don't have the answer to this, but could Parker have led the Bulls to where they are in the same fashion that Rose has? And who else could have?

rocket man_09
04-20-2009, 01:07 PM
rose killed it...the celtics didnt see it coming...they should have

el_duderino2484
04-20-2009, 01:17 PM
yagyu is correct. you cant judge a player off one game. rose has had a good season and will win ROY, but he's no superstar yet

Evolution=FACT
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
future hall of famer

chiforlyfe
04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
the thing about rose is, he doesn't try to dominate the game. heres what i mean. he isn't a person that will force anything. he reacts to the defense and takes what he can get. if the defense is leaving a lane for him he wont hesitate, but if there is no lane he will easily find an open player. if you look at his stat sheet of game two without actually watching the game you would say he had a mediocre night, but watching the game it really is anything but. i cant wait to see how good this kid becomes

JordansBulls
04-20-2009, 10:15 PM
the thing about rose is, he doesn't try to dominate the game. heres what i mean. he isn't a person that will force anything. he reacts to the defense and takes what he can get. if the defense is leaving a lane for him he wont hesitate, but if there is no lane he will easily find an open player. if you look at his stat sheet of game two without actually watching the game you would say he had a mediocre night, but watching the game it really is anything but. i cant wait to see how good this kid becomes

Tonight Gordon was just on for us so it wasn't neccesary for Rose to force the issue.

Afridi786
04-20-2009, 10:18 PM
He didn't attack 2nite for sum reason.

sargon21
04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
^ the offense focus was gordon and salmons, that won't be the same for game 3

chiforlyfe
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
^ the offense focus was gordon and salmons, that won't be the same for game 3

well the celtics didn't allow rose anything. every pick and roll lead to two defenders in rose's face. and when rose dished it to miller he couldn't score because thats just not who he is. if we had a bosh/amare type player we would have easily won this game. dont get me wrong i love miller he has done a great job, but tonight it was so evident how much a big man was needed.

cmoneytakemoney
04-20-2009, 11:17 PM
He's still got a long way to go before he's a superstar. This thread should be called "Rajon Rondo is a Superstar in the making" because Rondo owned D-Rose tonight and in the 3 regular season games as well.

MagicBucsSox
04-20-2009, 11:36 PM
yea where's the new derrick rose had 10 points thread tonight?

MagicBucsSox
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
best pg
1 cp3
2 deron
3 rondo
4 chauncey
5 harris
6 nash
7 jameer
8 bibby
9 tj ford
10 parker
11 ROSE

ok do u even watch basketball, or what? 1st off deron>paul.
nash is still top 3 and biby, nelson and ford in your top ten exposes your lack of respect for the game

chicago lulz
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM

Ask the Lakers fan who created this thread.

cmoneytakemoney
04-21-2009, 12:36 AM
ok do u even watch basketball, or what? 1st off deron>paul.
nash is still top 3 and biby, nelson and ford in your top ten exposes your lack of respect for the game

Actually his list is closer than yours. Deron is not better than Chris Paul. Anyone that says that doesn't know basketball and Steve Nash is not top 3 anymore. He can't play defense on any PG in the league anymore. He seems to kmnow more about the sport than you do man.

abe_froman
04-21-2009, 01:16 AM
He's still got a long way to go before he's a superstar. This thread should be called "Rajon Rondo is a Superstar in the making" because Rondo owned D-Rose tonight and in the 3 regular season games as well.

you do realize he's a rookie,and put up a comparable rookie stat line to: paul,wade...and thats a better indicator than game to game...though i do think he'll get something like 17/7 for the series(pretty damn good,rookie-wise).

rondo while very good,probably isnt going to be a star...rose as the potential to be

MagicBucsSox
04-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Actually his list is closer than yours. Deron is not better than Chris Paul. Anyone that says that doesn't know basketball and Steve Nash is not top 3 anymore. He can't play defense on any PG in the league anymore. He seems to kmnow more about the sport than you do man.

dude deron kills paul everytime, and paul cant play D either. other than the 2 no one better than nash.
see you got the game chopped, its more to a pg than selling shoes and being on espn. and a top 10 with out j kidd further shows lack of jnowledge, and you supporting it shows yours

sargon21
04-21-2009, 10:15 AM

wait till next game *****

sargon21
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
dude deron kills paul everytime, and paul cant play D either. other than the 2 no one better than nash.
see you got the game chopped, its more to a pg than selling shoes and being on espn. and a top 10 with out j kidd further shows lack of jnowledge, and you supporting it shows yours

paul is better than dwill by a considerable margin, look at dwill's supporting cast and give paul that supporting cast and they'd easily be in the 6th seed, and as far as paul doesn't play d? he avg. 2.8 spg this year and it's also pretty easy to argue rose is a top 6/7 pg already

sargon21
04-21-2009, 10:20 AM

rajon rondo avg 12 pts and 8 ast this year, his 3rd season, while rose in his rookie year avg 17 pts and 6 ast

UK Bull
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM

He was in foul trouble he hardly played the 1st half

effen5
04-21-2009, 10:23 AM
rajon rondo avg 12 pts and 8 ast this year, his 3rd season, while rose in his rookie year avg 17 pts and 6 ast

Rose in game 2 got what Rondo averages. Just sayin.

Corey
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM

I'm not saying Rondo is as good of a scorer as Rose, because he isn't (in some facets of the game)...But Rose is obviously going to score more with the lack of a supporting cast he has. The Bulls have good pieces, but their all young. Not THAT much older than Rose, at least.

You look at Rondo, and he's surrounded by a bunch of 30 year old perennial all-stars. He isn't going to score as much...He's going to be more passive. Look at his scoring numbers since Garnett went down. He jumped a considerable margin. Look at him in the playoffs the first two games against a pair of pretty good defenders in Hinrich and Rose.

Rose has Potential to be top-5 status, but he isn't there yet. Neither is Rondo.

Mile High Champ
04-21-2009, 10:48 AM

ohh very much agreed, too many people jump the gun after only one game. Chicago fans need to relax and take it a season at a time. Not a game at a time. You dont become a superater because you showed you can score 30 points in the playoffs.

el_duderino2484
04-21-2009, 10:59 AM
i can honestly say on behalf of chicago nation that im reggretting the rose pick, and I would rather we chose mayo or love

DLeeicious
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM

Anyone who tries to argue Deron over CP3 doesn't have any credibility in my book. It's just not even an argument.

DLeeicious
04-21-2009, 11:14 AM
ohh very much agreed, too many people jump the gun after only one game. Chicago fans need to relax and take it a season at a time. Not a game at a time. You dont become a superater because you showed you can score 30 points in the playoffs.

Chicago fans are insane I agree spending a lot of time in the Chicago forum, you know that there are going to be like 3-4 reactionary threads after each game. About any number of topics. However, this one wasn't started by a Bulls fan.

effen5
04-21-2009, 11:59 AM
i can honestly say on behalf of chicago nation that im reggretting the rose pick, and I would rather we chose mayo or love

Behalf Chicago Nation?

Are you ****in ********? Rose > rest of the rookies

BTownTeamsRKing
04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
wow^

u gotta be kidding me. Rose is a BEAST.

Mayo or Love? for real? sooo hold on, Rose go off for 36 and he is the greatest of all time. then he has an OK game and now u would rather have kevin love. let me tell u somethin, kevin love doesnt beat the Celtics in game 1.

Brooke
04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Wow regretting the Rose pick are you serious? The kid is a freaking beast

He was the main reason the Bulls won Game 1, I dont think Mayo and Love would have

effen5
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
wow^

u gotta be kidding me. Rose is a beast.

Mayo or love? For real? Sooo hold on, rose go off for 36 and he is the greatest of all time. Then he has an ok game and now u would rather have kevin love. Let me tell u somethin, kevin love doesnt beat the celtics in game 1.

thank you

el_duderino2484
04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
maybe not love but i would much rather have mayo

effen5
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah because Mayo is doing so well in the playoffs.

OH WAIT

slickg
04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Yes indeed Rose is AWESOME! I have to admit I was disappointed when they first took him instead of Beasley. I am eating crow to this day for sure!

BTownTeamsRKing
04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
thank you

not sure how anyone could hate on Rose. He is very fun to watch. His crossovers are ill along with his crazy finished at the hoop. U guys got yourself your own CP3/D-Will.

I know this sounds dumb, but I always thought in Memphis, Rose was bound to be a superstar. Its not going to happen overnight, but in 2 years, he will be CP3 level.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes indeed Rose is AWESOME! I have to admit I was disappointed when they first took him instead of Beasley. I am eating crow to this day for sure!

im not a big believe in Beasely. I feel like he lacks that fire that Rose has.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Rose in game 2 got what Rondo averages. Just sayin.

Rondo had 19 pts, 16 ast, 12 rlbs

don't take anything away from Rondo's performance and call it average by any means. This isnt average for anyone.

effen5
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Rondo had 19 pts, 16 ast, 12 rlbs

don't take anything away from Rondo's performance and call it average by any means. This isnt average for anyone.

If you read up, I said Rondo and Perkins were incredible. Im definetly not taking anything away from them.

el_duderino2484
04-21-2009, 02:21 PM
why do u have to hate on rondo? rondo is very underrated

el_duderino2484
04-21-2009, 02:31 PM
rose just needs to become a better shooter, like a rajon rondo

DLeeicious
04-21-2009, 03:10 PM
why do u have to hate on rondo? rondo is very underrated

No one hates on Rondo. I have given Rondo nothing but props these past two games. He is a stud for sure and will be great for years to come. Great body control and fast as hell.

rose just needs to become a better shooter, like a rajon rondo

See above, however he is not a great shooter. There is a reason why defenders give him three point shots and he passes on them. His mid-range shot is OK but Rose also has a good mid-range shot. Neither are three point threats, YET. But I guess they both will at some point in their careers because they are both great work ethic type players.

abe_froman
04-21-2009, 03:17 PM

three things.
1.yes bulls fans are are crazy
2.this wasnt started by a bulls fan but rather a laker fan
3.no you dont,but this game was meaningless to among bulls fans thinking he will be a superstar,as they have thought that since the draft...its just it made non bulls fans take notice

Chronz
04-21-2009, 03:40 PM
are you saying Rondo is a good shooter or that rondo needs to become a good shooter?

el_duderino2484
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM
that he is an elite shooter

el_duderino2484
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
rose is decent but rondo is right behind cp3 with deron

Jezeble
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM

Dude, once again, whatever you're sniffing, sipping, smoking, popping, or shooting up, PLEASE STOP!:pity:

chicago lulz
04-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I am convinced the person is a troll.

JordansBulls
04-21-2009, 11:50 PM

There is no way you build a franchise around Rondo.

el_duderino2484
04-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I am convinced the person is a troll.

:confused:

TheShowzOver
04-22-2009, 12:03 AM
What a laugher. How people are going to give Rose this much love and discredit Rondo is hilarious. Keep hating those Boston teams. Rondo had a triple double in game 2! What did Rose do? Nothing.

chicago lulz
04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
What a laugher. How people are going to give Rose this much love and discredit Rondo is hilarious. Keep hating those Boston teams. Rondo had a triple double in game 2! What did Rose do? Nothing.

No one is discrediting Rondo. In the game 2 thread, I said Rondo is a great player and has been a big part of the Celtics playing. Don't forget the maker of this thread was a Lakers fan. You seem like a pretty sensitive guy.