PDA

View Full Version : crazy thought

bigalow80
04-18-2009, 09:49 AM
What if the browns do decide to unload BQ? Or DA? who is their back-up? I have been throwing this idea around with some of my friends and it is absolutely crazy but it kind of makes sense. What if the browns were the team to pick up Michael Vick (if he doesn't get suspended by the league) at the end of July? Could you imagine? Yes, he will bring lots of baggage but you know with that baggage comes people and those people fill the stands which means an increase in revenue. Also, the pure irony of it all is worth the price of admission. a guy convicted of raising and killing dogs going to the "dawg pound". PRICELESS!!! i think he instantly becomes a fan favorite, they can use him in anyway they want as a QB, wildcat formation, WR and it brings some creativity to an offense that couldn't score a TD last year. everyone will say they have cribbs, i love cribbs, but he is not vick and you can still use them both on the field at the same time. it's an absolutely insane idea, but i hope mankok is at least giving it a thought.
By the way, not sure what i think of quinn yet but at least give him a chance. he played three games last year and one in which he was hurt. if he sucks, we need to draft a qb next year. if he is good, then we have our qb. let's not forget, even though he will make a good amount of money-matt ryan got 31 million guarenteed (yes, he is very good), not to mention the incentives. BQ won't make nearly that amount even if he hits all the incentives in his contract and a top 5 qb will want tons of guarenteed money. let's remember the last #1 qb we took-one mr. Tim Couch.

kosar4president
04-18-2009, 12:38 PM
All I can say is WOW!!!

TheSnowman
04-18-2009, 12:52 PM
All I can say is NO. Won't happen. A: there is no way he's in football shape right now. Playing this season won't happen, if he's smart he'll take some time on his own to try to hone some skills and impress a team, because it will take a lot for someone to go out on a limb for him. Who wants PETA protesters outside all their home games? B: If we were trying to build a flashy, offensive team, we would have kept Winslow. Mangini is moving us in a hard nosed, defensive direction (it seems) and we won't be a playmaker offense like we've been used to for a few seasons. C: We have our gadget player in Joshua Cribbs. He can do a lot for a team, and Vick is simply not worth the baggage and risk.

Weidner9
04-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Im all for trying new things and i am not completely against this idea, but i see two things wrong with comments made in the forum!

1. We are talking about the Cleveland Browns organization. Even with a bad team they will still sell out every game. So revenue is not an issue.

2. How can you say he isn't in football shape. I understand he hasn't been playing football, but who goes into jail and gets soft. All the guy can do is read and work out. Not to mention he is an athletic freak. Plus he is bankrupt!!! You said if he was smart he would take some time and work out. He has taken two years and people want their money. If he was smart he would have never got into this stuff in the first place. And if he doesn't want to go back to jail for bouncing checks, he is going to try to get paid!

seveneves
04-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Vick will not be playing this year, the commish will make sure of it. He'll be doing that construction job for a little while yet.

hotpotato1092
04-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Mangini wants good character guys, take it from a jets fan.

EastCoastBaller
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
What if the browns do decide to unload BQ? Or DA? who is their back-up? I have been throwing this idea around with some of my friends and it is absolutely crazy but it kind of makes sense. What if the browns were the team to pick up Michael Vick (if he doesn't get suspended by the league) at the end of July? Could you imagine? Yes, he will bring lots of baggage but you know with that baggage comes people and those people fill the stands which means an increase in revenue. Also, the pure irony of it all is worth the price of admission. a guy convicted of raising and killing dogs going to the "dawg pound". PRICELESS!!! i think he instantly becomes a fan favorite, they can use him in anyway they want as a QB, wildcat formation, WR and it brings some creativity to an offense that couldn't score a TD last year. everyone will say they have cribbs, i love cribbs, but he is not vick and you can still use them both on the field at the same time. it's an absolutely insane idea, but i hope mankok is at least giving it a thought.
By the way, not sure what i think of quinn yet but at least give him a chance. he played three games last year and one in which he was hurt. if he sucks, we need to draft a qb next year. if he is good, then we have our qb. let's not forget, even though he will make a good amount of money-matt ryan got 31 million guarenteed (yes, he is very good), not to mention the incentives. BQ won't make nearly that amount even if he hits all the incentives in his contract and a top 5 qb will want tons of guarenteed money. let's remember the last #1 qb we took-one mr. Tim Couch.

So your crazy thought was having Vick as the back up QB. Wow that's so crazy:speechless: OMG that's really crazy:speechless: like so crazy:speechless::speechless:. That's more crazy:speechless: then winning the Superbowl like that kind of crazy:speechless:. WOW that's some crazy stuff right there. I can't believe you just post that, it was so crazy:speechless:. Vick as the backup QB wow really crazy:speechless:. This has been the officially craziest:speechless: thing I ever read. This is really really really crazy:speechless:. Like OMG CRAZY!!! :speechless:

Stonevision
04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Oh yeah, a perfect fit in Cleveland. A true dog lover for fans to attach themselves to as well as a model citizen cut from the Mangini mold. Are you kidding?!?!? If the Browns picked up Vick, I'll give up my 1st born child, whenever I have kids that is.

I'm eagerly anticipating his return to the gridiron because I think he might be one of the best atheletes to play in my generation. He's got Oakland written all over him.