PDA

View Full Version : anyone here collect Basketball Cards?

koreancabbage
04-17-2009, 10:32 PM
just wanna know if people collect cards? specifically basketball cards

What's your most worth basketball card (most expensive in worth...i guess)?

Whats your favorite card? Basketball and in general.

mine is a Kobe Bryant buy-back auto with piece of a basketball numbered to 8. been offered about $400-$500 for it. no price in beckett due to scarcity.

my favorite card? definitely my Chris Bosh RC Auto + piece of his jersey from rookie photo shoot numbered to 25. Other than that --> my first pack of hockey cards --> Sidney Crosby RC!

op12
04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
cards arent worth anything anymore unless they are limited numbered with an auto and jersey. i have a bunch of old ones that i thought would increase in value. it has been taken away from the kids with the cost. my fave cards are my mullin and stockton rc. and my pierce exquisite jersey #d to 75 from the 1st year they were made. i also have a larry bird auto hologram. those are just a few of mine. but those upper deck equisites go for crazy money.

cmellofan15
04-17-2009, 10:40 PM
My favorite one is my Melo rookie card :cool:

greg_ory_2005
04-17-2009, 11:03 PM
I used to collect the cards a lot a couple years ago, still do, but definitely not as much. Got a Wade auto, LeBron/Jordan dual jersey, and a Reggie auto. Plus a bunch of CB4, Dwight, Charlie V, Joey Graham, Felton, and Marvin Williams auto's and jerseys, since I collected those guys.

My fav card is probably my TMac patch though. It actually has the stars from the allstar game on it. Don't really know if you can see it on the pic though.

HERE (http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/greg_ory_2006/GUs%20And%20Patches%20FT/TracyMcGrady.jpg)

pd7631
04-17-2009, 11:54 PM
I used to collect cards up until about 3-4 years ago I would say. I have sooo many. I have binders and shoe boxes full of them, but I still find them all over the place, in drawers, cabinets, etc. Anyway, my favorite card is probably my Allen Iverson rookie card or my MJ Jam City card.

https://www.beckett.com/images/itemimages/RLF/RLF27255286.jpg
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/005/584/05F.jpg

The thing that makes that MJ card my favorite was that I got it in a pack, and it was pretty much the worst pack of cards I'd ever gotten. But, I got a Greg Anthony card in the pack, and I thought it looked a little too thick. So I looked at the back, and sure enough a Michael Jordan card was stuck to it. That's why I love that card so much.

Preuss-is-right
04-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I dont have just one favorite card. My collection consists of just about every player that played from the 80's onto today. I have 16 books that are in alphabetical order starting with Abdul Jabbar through Sharone Wright. I have at least a page or 9 cards of each. I also am trying to get every players autograph thats in my books, so far I have over 200. I have recently acquired a large amount of cards and plan on doing the same with them. Its just very time consuming.

koreancabbage
04-19-2009, 09:59 AM
cards arent worth anything anymore unless they are limited numbered with an auto and jersey. i have a bunch of old ones that i thought would increase in value. it has been taken away from the kids with the cost. my fave cards are my mullin and stockton rc. and my pierce exquisite jersey #d to 75 from the 1st year they were made. i also have a larry bird auto hologram. those are just a few of mine. but those upper deck equisites go for crazy money.

cards are worth money if they're also rookie cards. not as much as the big tickets items such as the auto RC but dang, My Crosby rookie card is worth $300 numbered to like 1250 or something. equisite are crazy- you pay more for the more expensive Book value cards

loki34
04-19-2009, 10:16 AM
magic and bird combo rookie card is my fav

baller1532
04-19-2009, 10:25 AM
my favorites are mt iverson back to the future auto, my melo chirography, and my dual auto jersey shaq and moses malone 6/10

unwantedplayer
04-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Tim Duncan, Melo, Kobe, LeBron, and Garnett rookie cards :)

td0tsfinest
04-19-2009, 10:45 AM
I think I have a Big Country card; I used to collect hockey cards when I was younger (cause of McDonalds, they would give you a pack with a meal) but never basketball.