PDA

View Full Version : Pro and Cons of Trading Braylon Edwards

CLEBrowns241031
04-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Here is what I think:

Pros:

1. We would no longer have many drops without him and improve our consistency on offense.

2. We would get at least two good picks which we need because we don't have a 3rd, 5th, or 7th (Thanks Phil Savage)

3. We would be free of paying in an extension next year.

Cons:

1. He is our last playmaker in WR/TEs. We've traded Winslow, cut Jurevicius, and Stallworth is probably going to jail. Heiden is good, but we need Braylon as well. Who is Quinn or Anderson going to throw to? David Patten and Syndric Steptoe?

2. Our offense overall would suffer due to lack of playmakers.

3. He is still a good player, and may rebound this year.

4. If he is traded, we might take Michael Crabtree. He is a very talented player, but we really need to build the defense

What are your thoughts/comments?

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 08:52 PM
To your point at him rebounding next year with another team: If ManKok were smart they would take a hit this year and accept something around a 1st and a 4th with a pick in 2010 conditional based upon his performance. Think about it. Do you think the Giants would be pissed about having to give up a higher pick? Becuase if they do that means that Edwards played well, which most likely means they will be going far in the playoffs.

tjlipford
04-17-2009, 11:58 PM
There are pros and cons to trading Edwards. If we trade him its a must to get another #1 receiver. He does drop passes and he is a cry baby but he does have potential to be a big time play maker. The problem with that is here in Cleveland we cant keep waiting on these "maybe" players and always want to "wait til next year *******". I wont be mad either way but if he drops half of the balls before the trade deadline as he did last year then we got to get him out of here. I personally think he is a cancer and has worn out his welcome here in Cleveland with all the drops and unnecessary comments.

11tg635
04-18-2009, 12:37 AM
i like the idea of quin crabtree and boldin

TheSnowman
04-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Boldin isnt happening and it's silly to think we'll get him.

Stonevision
04-19-2009, 12:43 PM
How about Quinn, Crabtree and Robiskie? Crabtree at #5, OLB at #29, and Robiskie at #36. Could happen....

rhaas74
04-19-2009, 02:09 PM
How about Quinn, Crabtree and Robiskie? Crabtree at #5, OLB at #29, and Robiskie at #36. Could happen....

I would definately be OK with that. Robiskie has the ability to run all of routes and knows how to read defenses. Plus he got to go against Jenkins in practice, and played Vontae Davis, the top two CBs in the league.

chuckdaily85
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Those would be good pickups. But ya'll can also trade Quinn to SF and get another 1st, or early 2nd

rhaas74
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Yea we trade Quinn then have to take Sanchez at 5 and lose out on Crabtree, no thanks.

Stonevision
04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Pro's:

Cleveland fans don't have to deal with his painful drops at crucial times.
Gives other receivers a chance to prove themselves.
Trade one overrated WR for 2-3 potential playmakers. Depth baby, depth!!!

Con's:

Thousands of people will have a worthless #17 Browns jersey. Seemed like a good idea at the time...
Your only true deep threat is gone.
Browns fans will have to find someone new to complain about.

cle12152433
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Your only true deep threat is gone.
Browns fans will have to find someone new to complain about.

Wouldn't call him a deep threat after last year. There we 10 yards between him and the DB against Dallas and he let it go right through his fingers.

I can think of lots of people to complain about (ie. Lewis, McDonald, Anderson)

rhaas74
04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't call him a deep threat after last year. There we 10 yards between him and the DB against Dallas and he let it go right through his fingers.

I can think of lots of people to complain about (ie. Lewis, McDonald, Anderson)

You could argue this either way. He either stretched the field for us or teams were taking their chances knowing it wasn't likely he would catch the ball.

Hermie13
04-21-2009, 12:32 PM

:speechless:

wow...yes it 'could' happen but it means the browns are idiots. Robiskie at 36 is way, WAY too high. Robiskie at 50 makes sense though....

phitautimmy
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Braylon will be gone and we need a receiver to replace him. I don't think Crabtree will be the #1 receiver everyone is thinking he will. The more film I watch of him, he reminds me of a #2 or a good possession receiver. We would still need to get ourselves a legit #1 to open the field up. I hope we at least get some decent picks from the trade. I'm really not impressed with the projected top 10 people as of yet and really don't see them fitting in with the Browns IMO.

TheSnowman
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Robiskie at 36 WONT happen. No way. I think it's even a stretch at 50 with all the needs our team has right now, I'd rather draft Patrick Chung in that spot.

DAWGPOUND
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Hermie took my thoughts about Robiskie...only at 50

However, I really like...Britt at 29 (assuming a trade). He is bigger and can run. I like him also being use to the cold weather. I think Crabby and him will compliment each other.

Crabapple is a beast! He will probably blossom into a stud...I wish has was slightly faster, but I will take his nose for the ball, and his desire to get 6 everytime he touches the ball. I hear alot of people compare Crabtree to Andre Johnson, but I think he ends up more like a Boldin than Andre Johnson.

At 36 I prefer a Center (we really need one)...probably Wood...Mack cant take a bull rush. It won't fly in our division.

I wouldn't mind taking Sean Smith from Utah if he is there...Especially if he has a tenacity to average 5 late hit penalties a year!! The Browns have a lot of ******* on the team...we need Safeties hitting hard, Olineman knocking LB's off the pile, and DLineman maulling RB's

kosar4president
04-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Take this for what its worth. I just talked to a buddy from the radio business , the same one that said Winslow was going to the Bucs the day before it happened, and he said that BE will be in NY this week to get a physical. He also said that it did involve their first round pick , but was not all that we had asked for. The deal should be made official after BE passes the physical.
Also, just an interesting note. DA is to be in NY this week to do a Q and A with a famous Jets fan celebrity sports talk show host. If Anderson gets traded, then I think we keep Quinn.
I am trying to find proof of this on the net, if you find it first, please post.

fire2last
04-21-2009, 05:03 PM
^^ Giant fans are saying they will get BE for a 2nd and a 5th along with Hixon. HA Wishful thinkers.

cle12152433
04-21-2009, 06:22 PM
^^ Giant fans are saying they will get BE for a 2nd and a 5th along with Hixon. HA Wishful thinkers.

Yea, Im not buying it.

rhaas74
04-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Thats what they were offering a month ago when they still had a chance of Plax coming back...and we turned them down. Why would we take it now?