PDA

View Full Version : why not trust in houston??

rocket man_09
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
come on houston has delt with injuries and imo is still one of the elite teams in the west...y do so many people doubt the rockets cant take out the young blazers???

lakers4sho
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Because Portland plays so well at home.

rocket man_09
04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
but to me portlands win at home wasnt a fluke but...not a desisive win....a young team may hurt themselves in the playoffs imo..

IBleedPurple
04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Couple reasons....

First round troubles in the past.

Not enough viable options on offense

Portland/Denver were the two hottest teams in the West the last 15 games.

Portland is very tough at home.

Brooke
04-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Portland is great at home. Rockets have been having problems as late closing out game.

What they have done since T-Mac went down is great but this could be where they might miss him a bit. Who is their closer if/when the game gets close? The Blazers have that in Roy, I dont know if the Rockets have one

rocket man_09
04-17-2009, 01:29 PM
maybe...i guess portland will have to prove to me in the playoffs theyre better than the rockets
these r y i think houston will win

no answer for yao- oden will foul out

scola- ppl dont credit him much but hes a crafty post plyer wit a good 15-18 foot jumpshot

lockdown defenders-battier and arrtest will contain roy like they did james

playoff experience- they have been here beffor...even though they havent gotten out...they kno wat it feels like and dont giv in easily

i jus think houston will go on to the secind round

rocket man_09
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Portland is great at home. Rockets have been having problems as late closing out game.

What they have done since T-Mac went down is great but this could be where they might miss him a bit. Who is their closer if/when the game gets close? The Blazers have that in Roy, I dont know if the Rockets have one

that is their weakness....at times yao and arrtest have stepped up but not consistantly...roy mite be their closer but i think houstons defenders will stop him from takin over

Chronz
04-17-2009, 03:51 PM
For a few years their success has often relied on Tmac playing well, now with Yao and the improved overall depth of the team they can stand to lose even if Artest or whoever the secondary option is having a bad game offensively. They never utilize the same pair of players twice game to game. To some that may be a sign of overachieving but its still a team approach. Yao and whoever benefits most from his court warping is who wins the game offensively for the Rockets.

Defensively the teams that allow Yao to be a DPOY impact player rarely win, the Blazers have the ability of reducing him to a liability but in turn, forces the Blazers defense to become more of one. The Rockets can go small and big on the fly due to Battier and Artest being able to cover both frontcourt positions so its almost never a bad defensive unit on the floor. Whenever the Blazers stay big the team suffers as evident by Pryzbilla's and Odens -36 +/- while on the floor.

The Blazers had a better matchup with the Lakers than they do the Rockets.

CityofTreez
04-17-2009, 05:29 PM
The Rockets needa go-to-guy and that is Yao!

Yao can punish the Blazers (Literally) Yao will have to mess this up. Ron Artest can clearly guard anyone on the Blazers even Aldridge. Thinking Battier tries to guard Roy is a mistake, but the Rockets have a chance w/ home court advantage.