PDA

View Full Version : 82 games past, time for the Awards.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
MVP= Chauncey Billups, no im not crazy, i just looked at what had Denver acomplished this past years with AI and where are they now with a strong chance to make west finals and with a chance to make it to the big Dance.

DPY= Dwight Howard, pretty impresive on the D side for his team.

MIP= Andrea Bargnani, bustnani is not a name you hear too often this years in the Raptors Forums, people should have noticed his progress more.

ROY=Derrick Rose. Chicago last year= Lottery this year = Playoffs enough said.

Coach= George Karl, again, people was wondering if Nuggets would be out of the playoffs when season started, now he is wests second seed.

GM=Kevin Pritchard....come on his roster is ridicuolus!!! and he managed to get yet one more steal with Batum.

All Nba First Team:

Chauncey Billups

Dwayne Wade: ( incredible he got THAT team to the Poffs)

Lebron James : only a hater wouldnt see his season.

Pau Gasol: Yes PAU GASOL, first seed in the west, very strong numbers considering he has to share the ball with Kobe improved D and most important Kg = injured a lot of time, Amare Sucked suns out of Playoffs, Dirk 6th seed, Duncan is past his prime etc etc.

Dwight Howard: Impresive season, dude can only get better if he gets some more fundamentals to add to his impressive Phisics.

ALl nba second team:

Chris Paul , KObe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Dirk, Yao Ming.

All Nba Third Team:

Devin Harris, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Granger,Andrew Bynum ....future of nba looks brighter every day.

Rookie Team:

Rose, Westbrook, Mayo, Gasol, Lopez

second rookie team:

Gordon, Rudy Fernandez, Beasley, Love, Thompson.

29$JerZ
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Billups won't win MVP, its the same with Wade. Both made their teams playoff teams but the ones with the better record will likely win it. LeBron most likely.

Andrea for MIP is a good pick, but I think Harris will win it because people know him more.

tjlipford
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
MVP: Lebron

DPY: Dwight

6th man: the Jet

GM of the Year: Danny Ferry. Our record was 45-37 last year with the 4th seed. We picked up Mo and now we have the best defense, best home record, best regular season record at 66-16. A complete turnaround. Good job Ferry.

ROY: Derrick Rose. He is a beast and the bulls are in the playoffs.

COY: Hard to say

Super.
04-16-2009, 11:22 AM

DPY: Dwight

6th man: Eddie house - (my pick, i know homerish yatta yatta, but the guy has been dropping 3's like you wouldnt believe, he even set the Celtics single season 3 pt % at .444)

ROY: Derrick Rose.

theimortalone
04-16-2009, 11:29 AM

DPY: Dwight Howard

6th man: Jason Terry

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Flopper of the Year: Anderson Varejao
Comeback Player of The Year: Chris Andersen and Nene
Sportsmenship Award: Shane Battier
Unsportsmenship Award: Zach Randolph
Ultimate team changer: Chauncey Billups
Ultimate team wrecker: Allen Iverson

All ascend into superstardom team:

Tony Parker
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Al Jefferson

All descend into obscurity team:

Allen Iverson
Gilbert Arenas
Shawn Marion
Elton Brand
Jermaine O Neal

Hellcrooner
04-16-2009, 11:59 AM
parker was already there, Roy yes is a good candidate.

Granger, Jefferson and Durant still have to prove they can lead their teams to postseason or go play SIGNIFICANT second banana ina contender to enter stardom.

for the moment they are just filling stats on bad teams and hinting in that direction.

DrDEADalready
04-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Deron williams for all catagories.

madiaz3
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
All-First/second/third teams aren't based on merit or team achievement, more so on stats and individual achievement. Chauncey Billups will not make the first team. Paul or Kobe since it's just GUARD GUARD not PG SG

Lebron23
04-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Worst Defensive Team in the NBA: New York Knicks

madiaz3
04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Worst Defensive Team in the NBA: New York Knicks

You spelled Golden State wrong.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byteam?cat1=Total&cat2=opponent&conference=NBA&year=season_2008

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 12:24 PM
parker was already there, Roy yes is a good candidate.

Granger, Jefferson and Durant still have to prove they can lead their teams to postseason or go play SIGNIFICANT second banana ina contender to enter stardom.

for the moment they are just filling stats on bad teams and hinting in that direction.

Durant was still just a rookie last year and Granger and Jefferson proved their good play wasn't a fluke. They both found consistency.

Parker has taken his game to a new level this year carrying the Spurs for a good chunk of the season...he is still the scorer and finisher we know, but his playmaking has improved significantly, as well as his outside shot.

theuuord
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
My picks:

MVP: LeBron James, and it's no contest, in what might perhaps be the greatest individual season of all time. (Seriously.) I like your pick of Billups though. He's definitely the most underappreciated point guard of our generation. He's really that good.
Runner-up: Dwyane Wade

Defensive: Dwight Howard. Again, no contest.
Runner-up: LeBron James

Most Improved: Devin Harris. Him and Granger will battle this one out but Harris really stepped up and carried the Nets with Carter and Lopez.
Runner-up: Danny Granger

Rookie: Brook Lopez. Derrick Rose has this one sealed up for sure but I'll argue any day that Brook has been at the very least equally valuable, and at the very most more valuable than Rose has been all year.
Runner-up: Derrick Rose

Coach: I don't have a preference here. You say Karl, and you have a point, so I'll stick with it.

GM: Agreed on Pritchard. The Blazers have made great re-tooling steps this year.

All-NBA First team:
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Dwight Howard

All-NBA Second team:
PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Pau Gasol
C: Yao Ming

All-NBA Third team:
PG: Devin Harris
SG: Brandon Roy (who is better than anyone on the 2nd team not named Kobe)
SF: Kevin Durant (if he's allowed to go here, lord knows what position he fits in)
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Shaquille O'Neal

All-Rookie First team:
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

Sorry, OJ fans.

All-Rookie Second team:
DJ Augustin
Eric Gordon
OJ Mayo
Rudy Fernandez
Marc Gasol

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
My picks:

MVP: LeBron James, and it's no contest, in what might perhaps be the greatest individual season of all time. (Seriously.) I like your pick of Billups though. He's definitely the most underappreciated point guard of our generation. He's really that good.

Most Improved: Devin Harris. Him and Granger will battle this one out but Harris really stepped up and carried the Nets with Carter and Lopez.

Rookie: Brook Lopez. Derrick Rose has this one sealed up for sure but I'll argue any day that Brook has been at the very least equally valuable, and at the very most more valuable than Rose has been all year.

Coach: I don't have a preference here. You say Karl, and you have a point, so I'll stick with it.

GM: Agreed on Pritchard. The Blazers have made great re-tooling steps this year.

All-NBA First team:

All-NBA Second team:

All-NBA Third team:
SF: Kevin Durant (if he's allowed to go here, lord knows what position he fits in)

All-Rookie First team:
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

Sorry, OJ fans.

All-Rookie Second team:
DJ Augustin
Eric Gordon
OJ Mayo
Rudy Fernandez
Marc Gasol

Some solid picks, my only complaint is putting Devin Harris over Tony parker...that's blasphemy, seeing how Parker has arguably had the most dominant individual season of any point guard not named Chris Paul.

theuuord
04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Some solid picks, my only complaint is putting Devin Harris over Tony parker...that's blasphemy, seeing how Parker has arguably had the most dominant individual season of any point guard not named Chris Paul.

That might be my homerism shining a little bit. I just know more about Harris's season than I do Parker's. They've both had great seasons and either one could occupy that spot (as could like half a dozen other point guards, too), but I'd personally take Harris over Parker.

td0tsfinest
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
couple of things: I'm sure a lot ppl are going to vote in a backcourt of Kobe and Wade more than a backcourt of Billups and Wade;

next, Bargnani would be conversation for MIP if he played like this throughout the season. But he hasn't. His strong play begun in the last week of December. while guys like Harris and Granger have been on fire since the start.

Chauncey your MVP? comeon; take Lebron out of Cavs and see how well they do. He's the best player in the league, not because of individual stats but because he makes every guy around him much better. Not to mention they are the #1 team in the league.

Do you honestly believe Gasol is the best PF in the league? I say Timmy D.

Marc Gasol has put up impressive numbers. But I think love has put up better. They score pretty much the same but Love rebounds more and he plays less minutes.

MVP: Lebron, COY: Rick Adelman, DPY: D12, MIP: Devin Harris, ROY:Rose

abe_froman
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
couple of things: I'm sure a lot ppl are going to vote in a backcourt of Kobe and Wade more than a backcourt of Billups and Wade;

next, Bargnani would be conversation for MIP if he played like this throughout the season. But he hasn't. His strong play begun in the last week of December. while guys like Harris and Granger have been on fire since the start.

Chauncey your MVP? comeon; take Lebron out of Cavs and see how well they do. He's the best player in the league, not because of individual stats but because he makes every guy around him much better. Not to mention they are the #1 team in the league.

Do you honestly believe Gasol is the best PF in the league? I say Timmy D.

Marc Gasol has put up impressive numbers. But I think love has put up better. They score pretty much the same but Love rebounds more and he plays less minutes.

MVP: Lebron, COY: Rick Adelman, DPY: D12, MIP: Devin Harris, ROY:Rose

any other year your right,this year on the other hand...

i think you dont truly understand just how good pau has been this year:
he's 2nd in per amongst pf(and ahead of timmy),leads his team in win share(a team that includes kobe..)and forth in the nba

pebloemer
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM

Tony Parker
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Al Jefferson

Allen Iverson
Gilbert Arenas
Shawn Marion
Elton Brand
Jermaine O Neal

His averages are about the same as last year and he finished the year strong. Care to explain at all?

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
My explanation is Marion isn't an all-star player anymore...just a good useful player.

pebloemer
04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
My explanation is Marion isn't an all-star player anymore...just a good useful player.

I think that happened when D'Antoni stopped being his coach. I just felt he stepped into obscurity last year moreso than this year.

lakerboy
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
MVP = LBJ
DPOY = Dwight
ROY = Rose
MIP = Kevin Durant (he was good last year, but he is great this year)

All NBA Team

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Pau Gasol
CC - Dwight Howard

DreamShaker
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Tony Parker
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Kevin Durant
Al Jefferson

Allen Iverson
Gilbert Arenas
Shawn Marion
Elton Brand
Jermaine O Neal

Great list. Except T-Mac needs to be on the crap list.

Derick713
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
All-Defensive Team

Chaucey Billups
Dwayne Wade
Shane Battier
Tim Duncan
Dwight Howard

normy
04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
MVP= Chauncey Billups, no im not crazy, i just looked at what had Denver acomplished this past years with AI and where are they now with a strong chance to make west finals and with a chance to make it to the big Dance.

MIP= Andrea Bargnani, bustnani is not a name you hear too often this years in the Raptors Forums, people should have noticed his progress more.

Coach= George Karl, again, people was wondering if Nuggets would be out of the playoffs when season started, now he is wests second seed.

GM=Kevin Pritchard....come on his roster is ridicuolus!!! and he managed to get yet one more steal with Batum.

All Nba First Team:

Chauncey Billups

Pau Gasol: Yes PAU GASOL, first seed in the west, very strong numbers considering he has to share the ball with Kobe improved D and most important Kg = injured a lot of time, Amare Sucked suns out of Playoffs, Dirk 6th seed, Duncan is past his prime etc etc.

Dwight Howard: Impresive season, dude can only get better if he gets some more fundamentals to add to his impressive Phisics.

ALl nba second team:

All Nba Third Team:

Devin Harris, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Granger,Andrew Bynum ....future of nba looks brighter every day.

Rookie Team:

second rookie team:

Gordon, Rudy Fernandez, Beasley, Love, Thompson.dirk is #1 Pf this year. Pau is nice but when he is not the top threat to stop on his team, Kobe is. Even Garnet and Duncan are not the best players on their team. Dirk is the man at Dallas and every team game plans to stop him and he still gets 24 and 9 a game. Dirk is so underrated and frankly overly scrutinized for his play.

I go Paul, Wade, James, Dirk, Yao

DreamShaker
04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
DPOY: Shane Battier
ROY: Rose
6th Man: Jet Terry
COY: Pop
MIP: Devin Harris

All NBA First Team:
C- Howard
F- Duncan
F- Lebron
G- Kobe
G- Wade

2nd:
C- Yao
F- Pau
F- Dirk
G- Roy
G- CP3

3rd:
C- Shaq
F- Pierce
F- Melo
G- Billups
G- D-Will

normy
04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Look at Dirks numbers and he is the best player on his team demanding the most attention. Pau, Tim and KG cannot say the same thing. Time to give Dirk his props. Imagine Dirk with Kobe or Parker/Ginobli on his team. Imagine Dirk with Pau playing center. Dirk has no one one his team that makes him better or takes pressure off him. I say Wade and James are the only other two players that dominate that you can say that about.

JJ81
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
no

Hellcrooner
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Dirk on the lakers and Pau on the mavs.

Dirk takes a hit in his Scoring numbers due to being in the same team that kobe, since his has no ability to play inside Dj mbenga has to play center while bynum is out. since Dirks passing skills and willingless to pass the ball is not that great and he gets less assists than pau Odom becomes less efective

Lakers win 15 to 10 games less.

Mavs, Pau gets advantage of having one of the best passeres in the league and does his best scoring season with 24 or 25 points per game , they get a low seed equally.

Squad13
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Dirk on the lakers and Pau on the mavs.

Dirk takes a hit in his Scoring numbers due to being in the same team that kobe, since his has no ability to play inside Dj mbenga has to play center while bynum is out. since Dirks passing skills and willingless to pass the ball is not that great and he gets less assists than pau Odom becomes less efective

Lakers win 15 to 10 games less.

Mavs, Pau gets advantage of having one of the best passeres in the league and does his best scoring season with 24 or 25 points per game , they get a low seed equally.

lol 10 to 15 less? Your love for Pau is a little to much.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2009, 03:46 PM
^No it isnt, is just that Pau is more eficcient in the Paint than Dirk is ( drik could NEVER play center) and its a better fit for the TRIANGLE wich is not easy to learn or to thrive in.

as Dirk CANT play center all this time bynum was injured they would have needed to start MBEGNA!!!!!

Fisher, KObe, Ariza(or walton), Dirk, Mbenga with odom from the bench since Odom +Dirk at the three four is not a good idea.

That line up is fair les efficient than Fisher, Kobe Ariza(or walton) Odom and Gasol as center

normy
04-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I like Pau for the record but here's the numbers:

Pau 19-9.5-3.5 Kobe leads his team in scoring and assists, Pau in rebounds

Dirk 26-8.5-2.5 Dirk leads his team in scoring and rebounds, Kidd in assists

Pau plays under the basket all game and only averages one more board and he has maybe the best all around player in the league in Kobe and averages 1 more assist.

Dirk plays mid range to outside and can hit from anywhere on the court. Does Pau complement Kobe better than Dirk would? Yes, but Pau plays second fiddle to both Dirk and Kobe whether he plays for the Mavs or the Lakers. Pau is a Duncanesque low post guy and would complement Dirk well. He would open up Dirk for so many more shots but the fact is Dirk would still get his 26 and Pau would get his 19 were they on the same team.

Top 4 players in the league in no particular order
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dirk

They are players their teams are built around.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
^when i sayd Dirk to La and pau to dallas i meant for each other.

Dirk in la instead of pau and Pau in Dallas isntead of Dirk.

you can be SurE pau would get 25 a game in dirks place in dallas.

Lakersfan2483
04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
MVP- Lebron
DPOY- D. Howard
ROY- D. Rose
Coach of the Year- Jeff Van Gundy
Sixth Man- Jason Terry
Most Improved- D. Granger

NBA 1st team

D. Wade
K. Bryant
L. James
T. Duncan
D. Howard

2nd team

C. Paul
D. Williams
P. Pierce
D. Nowitzki
Y. Ming

3rd team

T. Parker
B. Roy
K. Garnett
P. Gasol
S. O'neal

IRUAM #21
04-16-2009, 05:16 PM
MVP- Lebron
DPOY- D. Howard
ROY- D. Rose
Sixth Man- Jason Terry

NBA 1st team

D. Wade
K. Bryant
L. James
T. Duncan
D. Howard

2nd team

C. Paul
D. Williams
P. Pierce
D. Nowitzki
Y. Ming

3rd team

T. Parker
B. Roy
K. Garnett
P. Gasol
S. O'neal

I think you mean Stan

Lakersfan2483
04-16-2009, 05:17 PM

How can you say that when Pau was the featured player in Memphis for so may years and never came close to averaging 25 points per game? Gasol is a fantastic player, but it's not by any coincidence he's having his best season playing under Kobe as the 2nd option. He's better as the 2nd option, it's not even a debate.

For a player to average 25 a game or more and lead his team to one of the better records, truly put that player in elite company. Dirk is a top 10 basketball player and Pau is not. Pau is in the top 15 to 20., which is different then being in the top 10, much different I might add. Dirk has the responsibility to carry his team, Pau doesn't have that responsibility, as I stated earlier, it's much different being the "featured" guy as opposed to being the 2nd guy on a team.

Lakersfan2483
04-16-2009, 05:18 PM
I think you mean Stan

lol. Thanks, Stan Van Gundy.

Lakersfan2483
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
^No it isnt, is just that Pau is more eficcient in the Paint than Dirk is ( drik could NEVER play center) and its a better fit for the TRIANGLE wich is not easy to learn or to thrive in.

as Dirk CANT play center all this time bynum was injured they would have needed to start MBEGNA!!!!!

Fisher, KObe, Ariza(or walton), Dirk, Mbenga with odom from the bench since Odom +Dirk at the three four is not a good idea.

That line up is fair les efficient than Fisher, Kobe Ariza(or walton) Odom and Gasol as center

Lol., once again, what are you talking about? If you swap Dirk with Pau, the Lakers would still make the finals and win a title. Dirk is better than Pau Gasol and he would fit in the triangle. Phil would make it work, trust me. Dirk is the type of player that can get you 25 to 26 points a game and grab about 8 or 9 boards a game, he is the better player clearly. As the featured guy he's won an MVP and led his team to the NBA finals a few yrs. ago. As good as Pau is, he's not accomplished any of that (he was the featured guy in Memphis for yrs) and he would not be able to accomplish those type of things as the no. 1 guy.

GREATNESS ONE
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
MVP- Lebron
DPOY- D. Howard
ROY- D. Rose
Sixth Man- Jason Terry

NBA 1st team

D. Wade
K. Bryant
L. James
T. Duncan
D. Howard

2nd team

C. Paul
D. Williams
P. Pierce
D. Nowitzki
Y. Ming

3rd team

T. Parker
B. Roy
K. Garnett
P. Gasol
S. O'neal

I was gonna say I think most of your picks are right except Jeff:p .. Solid picks.:clap:

normy
04-16-2009, 06:20 PM
You are nailing it. I wish Dallas coulda got Gasol. He's a great player but he is not a #1 and when he was in Memphis Dirk regularly schooled him #1 to #1. dallas has never had a dominate center and Dirks game is not that of a center. He can drive and hit 3's and all mid range shots but people forget he is 7' tall because of the things he does. People may say Dirk can't board like KG or Duncan but KG and Duncan cant shoot like Dirk. I really hope that the Mavs trade for Shaq next year just to give Dirk an actual body in the middle people still fear. Remember when Duncan had Robinson all those years? Dirk had Bradley (who happens to be a hell of a better player than Dampier). KG never even won a playoff series until he went to Boston. I think the best PF over the last 6 or 7 years have been Duncan, Dirk and KG in that order.
If Dirk and Pau swaped places the Mavs wouldn't make the playoffs and the Lakers would still win 60+ plain and simple.

DRE'-MAC
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Awards
MVP- Lebron James Runner Up: Dwayne Wade
Rookie of the Year- Derrick Rose Runner Up: OJ Mayo
6th Man- Nate Robinson Runner Up: Jason Terry
Coach of the Year- Nate McMillian Runner Up: Rick Adelman
Most Improved- Devin Harris Runner Up: Danny Granger
Defensive Player of the Year- Dwight Howard Runner Up: Shane Battier

ALL NBA 1st Team
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

ALL NBA 2nd Team
Yao
Deron Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
Brandon Roy

ALL NBA 3rd Team
Tony Parker
Paul Pierce
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Kevin Durant

HM: Pau Gasol, Shaquille O'Neal, Devin Harris, Danny Granger,

ALL NBA Rookie Team
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

All NBA 2nd Rookie Team
Michael Beasley
Eric Gordon
DJ Augustin
Marc Gasol
Rudy Fernandez

ALL NBA Defensive Team
Dwight Howard
Kevin Garnett
Shane Battier
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul

ALL NBA 2nd Defensive Team
Chris Andersen
Yao Ming
Ron Artest
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade

Hawkeye15
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
My picks:

All-NBA First team:

All-NBA Second team:

All-NBA Third team:

All-Rookie First team:
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

Sorry, OJ fans.

All-Rookie Second team:
DJ Augustin
Eric Gordon
OJ Mayo
Rudy Fernandez
Marc Gasol

Give me Tony Parker over Harris, but everything else is right on. Jerry Sloan should win COY. I will continue to petition that until he does.

Hawkeye15
04-16-2009, 06:46 PM

there is no way Pau Gasol is on Dirk Nowitzki's level bro. None. If you traded them, Dallas is out of the playoffs, and LA has 70+ wins

Lakersfan2483
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
there is no way Pau Gasol is on Dirk Nowitzki's level bro. None. If you traded them, Dallas is out of the playoffs, and LA has 70+ wins

Exactly.

kingofkings313
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
MVP: Lebron James
Runner Up: D Wade and Dwight

Most Improved: Devin Harris
Runner Ups: Danny Granger and Kevin Durant

Defensive: Dwight Howard
Runner Up: Lebron James

ROY: Derrick Rose...Most consistent rookie this year!
Runner Up: OJ Mayo only because he took a billion shots...Westbrook and Lopez were better than Mayo

Coach: Mike Brown Can't ignore that home record
Runner Up: Stan Van Gundy

6th Man: Jason Terry
Runner Up: Nate Robinson....I think JR Smith should win the award tho!

GM: Danny Ferry
Runner Up: Pritchard

All NBA First Team
G Kobe Bryant
G Dwayne Wade
F Lebron James
F Tim Duncan
C Dwight Howard

NBA 2nd Team
G Chris Paul
G Derron Williams
F Kevin Durant
F Pau Gasol
C Yao Ming

NBA 3rd Team
G Chauncey Billups
G Brandon Roy
F Carmelo Anthony
F Dirk
C Shaq

All Defensive Team
G Chris Paul
G Ron Artest
F Lebron James
F KG
C Dwight Howard

All Defensive 2nd Team
G Jason Kidd
G Dwayne Wade
F Shane Battier
F Andre Iguodala
C Chris Anderson

NBA Rookie Team
G Rose
G Mayo
F Michael Beasley
F Kevin Love
C Brook Lopez

kingofkings313
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Dirk is a superstar...But Pau Gasol has offensive and defensive! You may win all the games u want in the season! But Playoff time, I'd rather have Gasol! Dirk can't guard no PF's!

Kakaroach
04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
DPOY: Dwight Howard
Most Improved: Devin Harris
ROY: Derrick Rose
Coach: Rick Adelman

kingofkings313
04-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Kobe will take CP3's spot in the All NBA First team! Remember it goes by any 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a Center...CP3 is the best all around PG but not above Kobe!

Awards
MVP- Lebron James Runner Up: Dwayne Wade
Rookie of the Year- Derrick Rose Runner Up: OJ Mayo
6th Man- Nate Robinson Runner Up: Jason Terry
Coach of the Year- Nate McMillian Runner Up: Rick Adelman
Most Improved- Devin Harris Runner Up: Danny Granger
Defensive Player of the Year- Dwight Howard Runner Up: Shane Battier

ALL NBA 1st Team
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Dwight Howard

ALL NBA 2nd Team
Yao
Deron Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
Brandon Roy

ALL NBA 3rd Team
Tony Parker
Paul Pierce
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Kevin Durant

HM: Pau Gasol, Shaquille O'Neal, Devin Harris, Danny Granger,

ALL NBA Rookie Team
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

All NBA 2nd Rookie Team
Michael Beasley
Eric Gordon
DJ Augustin
Marc Gasol
Rudy Fernandez

ALL NBA Defensive Team
Dwight Howard
Kevin Garnett
Shane Battier
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul

ALL NBA 2nd Defensive Team
Chris Andersen
Yao Ming
Ron Artest
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade

theuuord
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Pau Gasol is like the most weirdly underappreciated player in the league. Because he IS underappreciated, on the biggest marquee team in the league, and even by his own team.

Because he's a top ten player in the NBA (although he's surely made better playing with Kobe), but people give Kobe all the credit for that team anyway.
He's arguably the most efficient player offensively in the NBA.

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Great list. Except T-Mac needs to be on the crap list.

Hurm. You have a point there.

IBleedPurple
04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Picking Pop or Sloan for Coach of the Year is laughable

Zefflin
04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Most Improved: Danny Granger
Coach: Mike Brown

IBleedPurple
04-16-2009, 09:01 PM
MVP- Lebron
DPOY- Howard
ROY- Rose
Coach of the Year- Van Gundy
Sixth Man- JR Smith
Most Improved- Granger
Comeback-Nene
(Flopper-I agree->Varejao) :D

NBA 1st team
Wade
Bryant
Lebron
Nowitzki
Howard

2nd team
CP3
Billups
Pierce
Gasol
Yao

3rd team
Parker
D. Williams
Melo
Duncan
Shaq

Defensive
Billups
Wade
Artest
Duncan
Howard

Rookies
Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Love
Lopez

Hawkeye15
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Dirk is a superstar...But Pau Gasol has offensive and defensive! You may win all the games u want in the season! But Playoff time, I'd rather have Gasol! Dirk can't guard no PF's!

oh, I would totally take Gasol, who has played 33 postseason games, at 18-8, vs an MVP who is a 25-11 plaoff player, with 88 games under his belt. Good call

normy
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
oh, I would totally take Gasol, who has played 33 postseason games, at 18-8, vs an MVP who is a 25-11 plaoff player, with 88 games under his belt. Good call Good to see dirk get some love. Pau had his chance as the man and he was decent but not on Dirks level. I love Pau as a player and he complements Kobe well and would take a hell of a lot of pressure off Dirk if they played together but Dirk is an MVP type player every year. Dirk earned his stripes getting teeth knocked out by Karl Malone and battling Duncan and Robinson with only Bradley to help him out.

IversonIsKrazy
04-16-2009, 11:13 PM
MVP - LeBron James
MIP - Devin Harris (Bargnani should be considered as well)
DPOY - Dwight Howard
ROY - Derrick Rose
6th Man - Jason Terry (Nate & JR should be considered as well)
COY - George Karl (Nate McMillian & Van Gundy should be considered as well)

All NBA First:
PF: Dirk Nowitski

2nd All NBA Team:
PG: Tony PARKER

3rd All NBA Team
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Carmelo Anthony

All NBA Defensive Team:
PF: Kevin Garnett

All Rooke Team:
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Micheal Beasley
PF: Kevin Love
C: Brook Lopez

DenButsu
04-17-2009, 01:14 AM
You spelled Golden State wrong.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byteam?cat1=Total&cat2=opponent&conference=NBA&year=season_2008

ppg allowed is really not the best stat to measure the quality of a team's defense, especially for teams like yours (assuming from your sig the Knicks are your team) or GSW who respectively have the 2nd and 1st fastest pace factors (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=pac&seasonType=2&league=nba&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fteamstats%3fsort%3dpac%26seasonType %3d2%26league%3dnba) in the NBA.

Looking at the combination of defensive efficiency (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=defeff&seasonType=2&order=true&league=nba&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fteamstats%3fsort%3ddefeff%26seasonT ype%3d2%26order%3dtrue%26league%3dnba), fg% allowed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=tmcompare&sort=fg%&league=nba&season=2009&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=999), and point differential (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=tmcompare&sort=pts&league=nba&season=2009&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=901), I'd say that Sacramento probably has the very worst defense in the league, with GSW at probably 3rd-4th worst, and New York at probably 5th or 6th worst.

holocaust227
04-17-2009, 01:38 AM
MIP: Brandon Roy
COY: Nate MacMillan (don't know if I spelled it right)
GM: Kevin Pritchard

kEviN21
04-17-2009, 01:49 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

My picks:

All-NBA First team:

All-NBA Second team:

All-NBA Third team:

All-Rookie First team:
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Michael Beasley
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

Sorry, OJ fans.

All-Rookie Second team:
DJ Augustin
Eric Gordon
OJ Mayo
Rudy Fernandez
Marc Gasol

laboy09
04-17-2009, 02:13 AM
MVP = Kobe cause he is the man and comes up clutch
Defensive = Dwight howard
Coach = Phil jackson

Hellcrooner
04-17-2009, 02:40 AM
Coem on Dirk Boys, do you really want to compare Dirk to Pau basing on their success as teams leaders????

Well thats like trying to determinate who is a better Tennis Player, Roger Federer or Rafa Nadal with Roger ussing a pro last generation racket and Nadal using a Frying pan to play the game.

Come on, DIrk has been feeded the ball by Nash and Kidd , two past first PG that are arguably the best ones of the decade, Pau had White chocolate and an Old Stoudamire.......

The rest of the crew? Terry, HARRIS, Howard, Jamison, Walker (when he was still good), Stackhouse how does that compare to.....Miller...Battier....Posey.....SWIFT!!!!!! Tony Massenburg!!!!!!, Earl Watson!!!! Earl Boykins!!!!!!

Be serious whats worst leading such a crappy team to 50 victorys twice and not winning a poff game against the 1st seed?

Or being taken out by the 8th SEED!!!!!!!!!!! on a 60 wins season.......

O by the way, Would you preffer Dirks Mvp or Paus WoRLD CHAMPIONSHIP, SILVER OLYMPIC MEDAL and TWO SILVER euro championships and a world youth Championship┐

;)

PennyMy#1
04-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Good to see dirk get some love. Pau had his chance as the man and he was decent but not on Dirks level. I love Pau as a player and he complements Kobe well and would take a hell of a lot of pressure off Dirk if they played together but Dirk is an MVP type player every year. Dirk earned his stripes getting teeth knocked out by Karl Malone and battling Duncan and Robinson with only Bradley to help him out.
:clap: Totally aggreement here !

Nice to see, that Dirk has some "supporters" ...

Hellcrooner
04-17-2009, 10:17 AM
^ only bradley? yeah ya, Nash, Finley, Jamison, Walker, Stackhouse, Terry, Kidd, Howard....yeah nobodys we all know....... COME ON!!!!

Zefflin
04-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Both Pau and Dirk are top 15 players in the nba, with Dirk ahead by a few spots because of his long range game.

HammerHead1
04-17-2009, 12:41 PM

DPY: Dwight Howard

6th man: Jason Terry

MIP: Devin Harris

COY: Mike Brown.

Pretty much the same with alot of you guys. When are they announced btw? Ive had no coverage over here.

LayZbone
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
MVP: LeBron James

Runner-up: Nate Robinson

Runner-up: Brook Lopez

MIP: Danny Granger
Runner-up: Devin Harris

COY: Stan Van Gundy
Runner-up: Mike Brown

All NBA 1st:
Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Howard

All NBA 2nd:
Paul
Billups
Pierce
Dirk
Yao

All NBA 3rd:
Parker
Roy
Melo
Gasol
Shaq

Boston-Born
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM

All Nba First Team:

Chauncey Billups

ALl nba second team:

All Nba Third Team:

Rookie Team:

second rookie team:

I don't know if anyone has called you out on this yet but this is terrible. Nene, Okafor, Love, Amar'e, and Shaq would all deserve this over Bynum. He probably wouldn't even have made it if he played the whole season, BUT HE DIDN'T HE WAS HURT and especially doesn't deserve it. That would be the same as saying KG should be first team, he just got hurt and thats the only reason he didn't (which I know is false).

Lebron23
04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
MVP: LeBron James

MIP: Danny Granger

COY: Mike Brown

EOY: Danny Ferry

All NBA 1st:

Paul
Wade
LeBron
Nowitzki
Howard

All NBA 2nd:

Billups
Kobe
Pierce
Gasol
Yao

All NBA 3rd:

Parker
Roy
Melo
Duncan
Shaq

All NBA Defensive First Team

C- Howard
F- Garnett
F- LeBron
G- Wade
G- CP3

All NBA Defensive Second Team

C- Yao Ming
F- Duncan
F- Battier
G- Artest
G- Rondo

Raoul Duke_91
04-18-2009, 02:10 AM
ROY rose

JayW_1023
04-18-2009, 07:57 AM

Any logical observer of the game would think you're crazy, yes. Come on, you really think Cauncey is the MVP over LeBron? Aren't you even a little biased?

JayW_1023
04-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Oh and Tim Duncan deserves a first team slot by a mile...the man CARRIED a huge load on two bad knees on an injury riddled Spurs team that still made the 3rd seed...as much as I admire Gasols game, I'd like to see him do that. Look past the numbers.

jimbobjarree
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Dirk will be on the ALL NBA first team. And shame on any of you not putting Deron in any of the teams, my guess is he gets the 3rd team with Parker, with the 2nd team being Paul and Roy

JJ_JKidd
04-18-2009, 11:24 AM

All Nba First Team:

Chauncey Billups

ALl nba second team:

All Nba Third Team:

Rookie Team:

second rookie team:

What a freakin HOMER!!!

DenButsu
04-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Any logical observer of the game would think you're crazy, yes. Come on, you really think Cauncey is the MVP over LeBron? Aren't you even a little biased?

I wouldn't put Chauncey over LeBron. But I would put Chauncey over others who have entered the conversation, including CP3.

I'd put Billups at #4 in the MVP discussion. I think he merits that. And people who don't understand my point are most likely putting too much stock in box scores and stat lines.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2009, 12:41 PM

then use Odom. I can not fathom anyone who would take Pau Gasol over Dirk under any circumstances. Dirk is a top 10 player, easily. Pau isn't a top 20 player. Pretty simple, right?

Hawkeye15
04-18-2009, 12:46 PM
^ only bradley? yeah ya, Nash, Finley, Jamison, Walker, Stackhouse, Terry, Kidd, Howard....yeah nobodys we all know....... COME ON!!!!

Gaol had Mike Miller, Bonzi, Posey, Jason Williams, Battier, Gooden, and others as well, and could never win a series as the leader. Not until he became option #2 did he move out of the first round. I know you are in Spain, and you are pulling for your boy, but there is no way Gasol is, and ever has been, in the same conversation with Dirk Nowitzki.
Nash- well before his MVP years.
Finley- yes, FInley was awesoem
Walker- old
Stackhouse- role player by then
Terry- pretty good
Kidd- old
Howard- not bad

But that is why the Mavs have won 50+ games 9 straight years. The Grizz were and 8th seed all the time, and Gasol hasn't proven he can win a ring, even with the so called best player in the world on his team. And international championships mean nothing to many in the US, sorry. Spain has quite a few more NBA players than Germany. THat may have something to do with it

normy
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Gaol had Mike Miller, Bonzi, Posey, Jason Williams, Battier, Gooden, and others as well, and could never win a series as the leader. Not until he became option #2 did he move out of the first round. I know you are in Spain, and you are pulling for your boy, but there is no way Gasol is, and ever has been, in the same conversation with Dirk Nowitzki.
Nash- well before his MVP years.
Finley- yes, FInley was awesoem
Walker- old
Stackhouse- role player by then
Terry- pretty good
Kidd- old
Howard- not bad

But that is why the Mavs have won 50+ games 9 straight years. The Grizz were and 8th seed all the time, and Gasol hasn't proven he can win a ring, even with the so called best player in the world on his team. And international championships mean nothing to many in the US, sorry. Spain has quite a few more NBA players than Germany. THat may have something to do with itThanks for putting in the effort. I didn't have it to go down the list and explain. The thing is Gasol is good. Dirk is just an MVP type player. Now watch him LEAD his team to victory over the Spurs. Dirk LEADS his team in scoring and rebounds. Key word is LEADS of course. I would also add that Finley was never a true #1. He was paid like a number one and we all loved him but not long ago Nash and Dirk made the All Star while Fin stayed home. It didn't take long after Dirk arrived for Fin to just be a really good #2

I can't blame the guy for homerism but ya gotta be a little objective.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Nash = two time MVP and FUtur hall of famer

Jason Williams= Prematurely retired because he sucks.

Kidd= tons of Allstars and Future Hall of fame.

Stoudamire= No one wants him on his roster.

FInley = Multiple all star.

Wells= he is still not too old and no one wanted to pay him so he went to CHINA.

Antawn Jamison = Allstar

Stromile swift = ......guess i dont need to talk about it.

Shanne Battier and MIke miller guess these cancel each other with Howard and Stackhouse (only because he was already a bit old).

Jason Terry = one of the best players never to make the allstar

Brevin Knight = bench player for life.

eric Dampier= decent starter.

Tony Massemburg.........enough said.

Devin Harris!!!!!! come on!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!!!! Pau NEVER had ANITHING remotely similar to what Dirk had as a supporting cast.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2009, 05:33 PM

Wells= he is still not too old and no one wanted to pay him so he went to CHINA.

Antawn Jamison = Allstar

Shanne Battier and MIke miller guess these cancel each other with Howard and Stackhouse (only because he was already a bit old).

COME ON!!!!!!!!! Pau NEVER had ANITHING remotely similar to what Dirk had as a supporting cast.

Nash was not an MVP when he played with Dirk. Kidd's best years are so far behind him it isn't funny. Jamison played for Dallas one season, and had his worst year and came off the bench. Finley was a very good player. But you are not looking at WHEN they played for Dallas. Almost every one of them had their better years elsewhere. And outside Howard maybe, the rest are all role players. Harris didn't blossom until he was in NJ.
The point is, Gasol is, never has been, and never will be as good as Dirk. You are being out of control spanish bias here. You are comparing a guy who couldn't get out of the first round, with help, to an MVP, a career 25/11 playoff performer. There is no comparison. At all. case closed. Pau isn't a top 20 NBA player.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Hellcrooner. I will use you're theories to claim that Kevin Garnett is better than Tim Duncan career wise (which at least is an argument, kind of). If he had Manu and Parker, or Robinson, or blah, blah, blah, he is a 4 time champ right? Oh no, wait. He isn't.

normy
04-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Antawn Jamison = Allstar

COME ON!!!!!!!!! Pau NEVER had ANITHING remotely similar to what Dirk had as a supporting cast.Look, since 2001 Dirk has lead the Mavs in scoring and rebounds every single year. End of story. There were years when Dirk averaged 24 and Finley was right behind him with 15. No disrespect to a fine player in Pau but he aint in Dirks league and never will be.

Phat Pat 94
04-18-2009, 07:45 PM

All Nba First Team:

Chauncey Billups

ALl nba second team:

All Nba Third Team:

Rookie Team:

second rookie team:

Well i think you are wrong if you dont have love on first team all rookie.

MVP: LeBron-look at his teammates, he owns cleveland.
DPOY- Howard, sends shots back and grabs boards.
MIP- This is hard but i think it goes to Turkoglu. He made himself a threat.
ROY- Love, second on off boards only to Dwight and he did far more with far worse of a team than Rose. Rose is better and will probbly win, but I think Love played great.
Coach- Erik Spoelstra- brought team from worst record to playoffs
GM- Pritchard- makes great moves, and helps his team with all of them

maverick1155
04-18-2009, 07:56 PM
i think chauncey billups should be MVP (even though he wont be picked) i think J.R. Smith should be 6th man of the year (even though he wont be picked) and George Karl should be coach of the year (he has a good chance of getting picked)