PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News On Garnett : Possibly to miss playoffs (Update Post #118)

II KB KG II
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
From Coach Doc River : There is a strong possibility Kevin will be shut down for the enitre postseason...

Just saw it on ESPN...

This is bad news for celtics...but now you guys know how laker fans feel...

agoody117
04-16-2009, 09:58 AM
uggggghhhhhh.

this really might signal the ending of his career. i mean if you play at the intensity that this man does its bound to come crashing down ... hard.

II KB KG II
04-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes it does...Whatever...we had to deal with it last year w/ bynum

x_notorious
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Saw the same on SC. Bad news for the Celtics.

tjlipford
04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I hope not cuz I like to watch KG play and when we beat them I want them to be at full strength so there is no excuses. O well we had to battle through injuries so in that sense o well.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
damn it. watever, im used to it.

every stupid season for Boston teams has been screwed by injuries.

but u know, I still think they can make a nice run.

Repeat will be difficult, but ANYTHING IS POSSSSIBBBLLEEEEE!

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 10:06 AM
I hope not cuz I like to watch KG play and when we beat them I want them to be at full strength so there is no excuses. O well we had to battle through injuries so in that sense o well.

find me an injury that remotely matches KG.

heres some:

Wade, Lebron, Kobe. thats it.

UK Bull
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I dont lke to see players out with lingering injuries but its good news for the bulls

theimortalone
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Here is the link for it

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Kevin Garnett isn't ready to start the playoffs, and Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that there's a strong possibility that he will miss the entire postseason.

"He's not going to be ready. After watching him practice, there's no way," Rivers said on WEEI-AM. "The way I saw him move today, I don't know if he'll be ready."

When asked to clarify, Rivers said there was a chance Garnett could be out for the rest of the season. Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said he could not elaborate on Rivers' comments.

Garnett injured his right knee Feb. 19 and missed the next 13 games before returning for four, but never playing as many as 18 minutes. With the Celtics assured of a high playoff berth, Rivers then held Garnett out with an eye toward bringing him back for the last three games of the regular season; that became the last two, then the last one, but he never made it back.

Rivers said Thursday he watched Garnett run at the team's practice facility and said he had to shut him down after 20 minutes.

"If he can't get through biking and working out without swelling and his leg locking, I don't know how you can play in the playoffs," Rivers said. "This was an honest run today, you couldn't make your way through it. The guy's a warrior, you see him try to mask his way through it. But after 20 minutes of running, I don't see it. After today, there's no way he can play."

Garnett's reaction?

"He was frustrated. He was mad at me, mad at everybody. Then he understood," Rivers said. "He put up a fight. He's really frustrated, but that's Kevin. That's why we got him, because he cares so much."

The defending NBA champions begin the best-of-seven first round series against the Chicago Bulls on Saturday.

"We're going to move on without him," Rivers said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4073024

EX-TREME
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
bad news for the celtics. but anything is possible

II KB KG II
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM

heres some:

hahaha...Get real kidd...bynum pretty much has has the same numbers...plus not when you have two other allstars...almost 3 on your team..think about it before you think KG is alll that

Hustla23
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
I don't expect the Celtics to make it out of the semi finals.

That's just brutal.

Hustla23
04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
hahaha...Get real kidd...bynum pretty much has has the same numbers...plus not when you have two other allstars...almost 3 on your team..think about it before you think KG is alll that

You are an idiot.

Bynum will never be as good as KG.

KG is a legitimate superstar.

Bynum is a borderline all star.

Are all you Lakers fans this homerish?

You "get real" kid.

29$JerZ
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Without Garnett the Celtics chance at a repeat are basically over. Team has no adequate backup PF unless Powe or Davis goes beast mode.

king4day
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
From Coach Doc River : There is a strong possibility Kevin will be shut down for the enitre postseason...

Just saw it on ESPN...

Are you really comparing KG and Bynum? At this stage in their careers Bynum doesn't hold a candle to KG.
I suggest editing the name of the thread to the actual news before many other people create the same topic threads.

king4day
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Without Garnett the Celtics chance at a repeat are basically over. Team has no adequate backup PF unless Powe or Leon goes beast mode.

Do you mean Incredible Hulk mode? With the split personality type deal http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/DES/D1438~The-Incredible-Hulk-Posters.jpg

or did you mean Big Baby :D

Sorry I had to before you fixed it :)

Bullsfan22
04-16-2009, 10:19 AM

lmao @ you thinking bynum is on the same level as kg. you should get banned for being so much of a homer.

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I can emphasize with Boston fans...like the Spurs they have lost a key championship piece and now their title hopes have sunk to very unlikely.

This is a nig blow because KG is the embodiment of the Celtics trademark defense. In no way is Andrew Bynum as inexpendable as KG. Garnett is a Hall of Famer.

markhebert42
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Probably another hoax like Pierce being carried off the court in the finals last year.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
So there's a possibility that the Lakers beat the Celtics this year without there best defensive Big? Oh the irony!

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
lmao @ you thinking bynum is on the same level as kg. you should get banned for being so much of a homer.

for real. Perkins is a better comparison

II KB KG II
04-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Okay everyone is flipping out on me...I never said that bynum is as good as KG..KG is a superstar...Bynum is a young star who is doing very well...My point was that bynum has the same effect on the lakers that KG has on the celtics...An inside presence with shot blocking and toughness. Think about it, w/o bynum our center was Pau Gasol...Theres w/o KG is Kendrick Perkins.. PLease they are still a very tough team...I am not saying bynum is as good as Kg but they have the same effect. Lol @ everyone getting so mad...haha

mballa22191
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM

okay now you take it esy

borat
04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Probably another hoax like Pierce being carried off the court in the finals last year.

:laugh:

Yeah. How much you wanna bet he plays? :eyebrow:

borat
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Btw this really sucks if it's true. I hope he plays.

Can you imagine all the boston fans after they lose?

We could have been wicked with KG. Kg wasn't there so we weren't wicked

Who wants to hear that crap? :rolleyes:

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
okay now you take it esy

haha i know. im playen with that one.

but i said it bc it makes a lot more sense than comparing bynum to KG

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
So there's a possibility that the Lakers beat the Celtics this year without there best defensive Big? Oh the irony!

as if KG is just a role player or something.

Tony_Starks
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM

What are you smoking? KG is their best defensive Big. Bynum is Lakers best defensive Big. Point blank period.

tjlipford
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM

heres some:

We might have not had Lebron injured, but let's see West, Wally, Z, Varejao, Sasha, Gibson, Big Ben, and Hickson have all missed some time this year. We have had injuries man do you watch us? When that many injuries happen it can mess with your rotation and can cause chemistry issues but we fought threw them and we are healthy now.

O well for Boston!!!! I told you they are getting old. His knees are bad.

29$JerZ
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Do you mean Incredible Hulk mode? With the split personality type deal http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/DES/D1438~The-Incredible-Hulk-Posters.jpg

or did you mean Big Baby :D

Sorry I had to before you fixed it :)

:laugh2:
You got me their.
Yeah either Leon or Powe will have to step up :p

tjlipford
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Yea man I like what you are saying. These people act like this is the same KG from 02 or something.

Dstmccoy
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Big Blow for the Celts, they Need Garnett to have any chance of getting past Clevland.

DrDEADalready
04-16-2009, 10:43 AM

Just saw it on ESPN...

Eh doesnt matter. Cleveland is going to win it all this year.
Might as well give it to them already

Duncan = Donkey
04-16-2009, 10:48 AM
wow, shocking news for boston.
if its true there championship aspirations are finished.

Trouble87
04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Boston shouldn't be overly worried... they are down 1 superstar but they still have two left

If Garnett is really down & out for the post-season Pierce, Allen, & Rondo need to step up big. If that championship wasn't a fluke they should be more than able to (especially Pierce)

btw I hate the Celts but I still see them as legit contenders with or without KG

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
KGs on inactive could also cause Boston to play more freely and without unnecessairy pressure. They don't have to worry about wether or not KG will play and a clearer understanding from what needs to be done.

This kind of situation also caused the Rockets to play better when it was clear T-Macs injury woes became a distraction.

Duncan = Donkey
04-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Boston shouldn't be overly worried... they are down 1 superstar but they still have two left

If Garnett is really down & out for the post-season Pierce, Allen, & Rondo need to step up big. If that championship wasn't a fluke they should be more than able to (especially Pierce)

btw I hate the Celts but I still see them as legit contenders with or without KG

:speechless:
u cant be serious

Super.
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
bad news for the celtics. but anything is possible

i see what you did there :p

cmstophe
04-16-2009, 11:16 AM
damn it. watever, im used to it.

every stupid season for Boston teams has been screwed by injuries.

but u know, I still think they can make a nice run.

Repeat will be difficult, but ANYTHING IS POSSSSIBBBLLEEEEE!

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!

Dont you even DARE whine about "Bostons sports woes" you little....dont you freakin DARE. Come live in Cleveland for a decade and I'll be surprised if you havent shot yourself by the third or fourth heartbreaking sports moment.

Super.
04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Yea man I like what you are saying. These people act like this is the same KG from 02 or something.

yea, he didnt win defensive player of the year LAST YEAR or anything :rolleyes:

Super.
04-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Dont you even DARE whine about "Bostons sports woes" you little....dont you freakin DARE. Come live in Cleveland for a decade and I'll be surprised if you havent shot yourself by the third or fourth heartbreaking sports moment.

no, we cant, not with all our teams success as of late. but it is rather inconvenient

GodsSon
04-16-2009, 11:20 AM
i have a feeling this could all be a ploy on behalf of Rivers and the Celtics to rock the opposition to sleep...they probably figure they can coast through round 1 and maybe 2...then when meeting the Cavs in the conf. finals they suddenly have a miraculously healed KG (also adding onto the lore of his legacy as being like pierce tried to do with the wheelchair last year, and making their run more "magical" by battling adversity) lol.

Super.
04-16-2009, 11:25 AM
i have a feeling this could all be a ploy on behalf of rivers and the celtics to rock the opposition to sleep...they probably figure they can coast through round 1 and maybe 2...then when meeting the cavs in the conf. Finals they suddenly have a miraculously healed kg (also adding onto the lore of his legacy as being like pierce tried to do with the wheelchair last year, and making their run more "magical" by battling adversity) lol.

+1,000,000,000

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
i have a feeling this could all be a ploy on behalf of Rivers and the Celtics to rock the opposition to sleep...they probably figure they can coast through round 1 and maybe 2...then when meeting the Cavs in the conf. finals they suddenly have a miraculously healed KG (also adding onto the lore of his legacy as being like pierce tried to do with the wheelchair last year, and making their run more "magical" by battling adversity) lol.

thats what im thinking and hoping for. i guess i wont believe it until he sits a game where the Celtics need to win.

Lebron23
04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
With or without KG. Cavs are going to beat the Celtics or Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals.

op12
04-16-2009, 11:34 AM
wow. maybe they can shut him down for the 1st round or something and he can come back. this thinking could keep the teams and fans hopes up. powe and baby will step up, but i think the best they can do without him is ECFs. i dont think they can take out clev. they may be able to get past orlando in the 2nd rd but i dont know. big hit and yes it is bigger than bynum. as much as losing bynum effects the lakers toughness kg is the teams defensive anchor and probably 2nd go to guy given the matchup. kgs intensity and passion helps lead his team in a way bynum could never do.

mfb_lt1birdman
04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
As much as I hate the Celtics and what KG has become I feel bad for the fans losing a key player under these circumstances. Too bad because I really REALLY wanted a finals rematch for the Lakers vs the Celtecs.

Noone had any doubts that the Celtecs run would be short lived due to age but this is probably it. They will be too old to win it next year.

still1ballin
04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
That sucks....I really wanted the C's in the finals.

Bullsfan22
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Okay everyone is flipping out on me...I never said that bynum is as good as KG..KG is a superstar...Bynum is a young star who is doing very well...My point was that bynum has the same effect on the lakers that KG has on the celtics...An inside presence with shot blocking and toughness. Think about it, w/o bynum our center was Pau Gasol...Theres w/o KG is Kendrick Perkins.. PLease they are still a very tough team...I am not saying bynum is as good as Kg but they have the same effect. Lol @ everyone getting so mad...haha

lol trust me nobody was getting mad we was really laughing @ YOU. everyone needs a good laugh...haha btw your last statement is a little more respectable but still wrong, kg provides much more than an inside presence and toughness. he's way too skilled to be just an inside presence. kg brings all you said plus hall of fame talent and LEADERSHIP.

NYMetros
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
uggggghhhhhh.

this really might signal the ending of his career. i mean if you play at the intensity that this man does its bound to come crashing down ... hard.

Agreed. I truly think this is going to hinder him for the rest of his career. Like how Karl Malone had to deal with his knee.

Yes it does...Whatever...we had to deal with it last year w/ bynum

Because Bynum is totally just as good as KG.

azkarraga
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
but is it for real? it just might be tactics...

NYMetros
04-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Homer alert.

You do realize that numbers aren't the be all end all in basketball, right?

pd7631
04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
go figure. The Sixers spend 3 weeks losing and they have the KG'less Celtics lined up for the playoffs, and they go and win last night and draw Dwight Howard and the 3 point sniping Magic......ugh.

Fool
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
You never really like to see people go out with injuries (though it's KG, and I feel very little for him)...but great news for the Bulls.

pippsux
04-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I smell mind games! If KG was going to miss the playoffs, they would have announced it...........I think KG will pull a :superman:

MagicBucsSox
04-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Its official the magic= eastern conference champs

cmstophe
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
its official the magic= eastern conference champs

lol!

xSolidx
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Thats disappointing

I hate the Celtics, but i never liked it when a teams best player is out for the playoffs.

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
It would be interesting if KG decided to pull a Willis Reed.

LakersKB24
04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
lol!

Why? Orlando is a legit contender in the East and they can beat any team in the league. They have proven in the regular season several times that they can.

@ the whole Bynum thing: How can some of you guys compare the absence of KG to the absence of Bynum. No matter how much I hate KG, but he is a superstar and the guy who makes the Celtics defense so damn good. Credit where credit is due.
Of course, Big Drew is the Lakers defensive presence in the post, but he just isn't on KG's level yet.

I think with KG, Boston would go all the way to the finals again and if he really is out for the whole postseason, then they won't be able to beat Orlando in the second round. They're just not the same team without Garnett.

As much as I hate the Celtics, but nobody deserves to be hurt, that's unsportsmanlike. And I really want the rematch between LA and Boston! So get your *** on the court KG!!! :D

still1ballin
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
It would be interesting if KG decided to pull a Willis Reed.

HAHA yeah it would be funny if like during the first quarter all of a sudden you see KG coming out of the tunnel, jumping, doing cart wheels, jumping jacks like Pierce did last year.

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I think even without KG Boston can beat Orlando...because they still have the personel to guard Dwight Howard straight up. Despite of their record Orlando is vulnerable because they have no legit go to guys in the clutch with Jameer Nelson shelved.

The Celtics have go to guys in spades. Even in their thirties Pierce and Shuttlesworth are still better than Hedo and Lewis. Meanwhile Rondo should leave self overrater Alston in the dust. I believe even without KG the Celtics can and will beat the Magic. Cleveland however, not.

GoatMilk
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM
ouch.
i knew when i saw it, it reminded me of Bynum's injury last season.
and the same thing happened. They kept pushing the timetable back and back until they said he'd be good for the playoffs. then they just said forget it, see you next year.

i know what your feeling boston. but i better not here "if we had KG" because y'all got pissed at laker fans last season >.<

II KB KG II
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
wow you guys arent listening to me...Ima say it again...Yes KG is better then Bynum in every aspect, except that i think bynum is as good at blocking and altering shots...Kg is a better leader, quicker, better shot, better moves, louder...whatever you want... But the case im making is that Bynum has the same effect on the lakers if not more... The celts still have perkins...we had gasol...our toughness is gone right then...the celts would still have toughness...Feel me?

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 01:19 PM
wow you guys arent listening to me...Ima say it again...Yes KG is better then Bynum in every aspect, except that i think bynum is as good at blocking and altering shots...Kg is a better leader, quicker, better shot, better moves, louder...whatever you want... But the case im making is that Bynum has the same effect on the lakers if not more... The celts still have perkins...we had gasol...our toughness is gone right then...the celts would still have toughness...Feel me?

KG is a more versatile defender than Bynum...simply because KG can also guard the perimeter, something Bynum can't do. That's why KG has such an impact on Bostons defensive schemes...they will not as likely be in a disadvantage when there is a defensive switch.

Luckily the Lakers have a similair player in Lamar Odom...who has the quickness and length to become a similair weapon. Problem is, Odom just isn't a defensive minded player and doesn't play with the intensity that Garnett brings on that end.

TheChosenOne88
04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Sucks for Boston but whatever thats life, all the top teams in the NBA have had injuries so they still have no excuse to repeat.

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Well without KG to me it is like us playing Orlando without Nelson. Now I do think we have a chance.

Living Legend
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
i call ******** on the entire celtic organization

this reminds me of the paul pierce charade in the finals

i don't buy it!!!

Garnett is fine. He will be back as soon as the celtics need him

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Ii call ******** on the entire celtic organization

i don't buy it!!!

LOL at this Cold War-esque paranoia. Watch out, North Korea is launching a nuke...!

:rolleyes:

LA412
04-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Sucks............now Celts fans have an excuse

shep33
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Well I really don't think they need him for the first round. So if he can heal up and come back in the 2nd, which I think he will, I think they'll be okay. People are forgetting how solid this team was even without KG.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Sucks............now Celts fans have an excuse

i dont want an excuse. i want another ring.

shaunm
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Great Depression in Boston, I'm devastated

Living Legend
04-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I am a master of language and lie detection. Here are Doc Rivers quotes:

“He’s not going to be ready. After watching him practice, there’s no way,” Rivers said on WEEI-AM. “The way I saw him move today, I don’t know if he’ll be ready.”

It is obvious by the way he is saying this, he is trying to build up anxiety among the fans and other players.

The truth is that Garnett is a little slow and a couple weeks away. Rivers and Pierce want the other players to step up and are challenging them.

“We’re going to move on without him,” Rivers said.

Hahahahah. What is this a funeral???

I don’t see it. After today, there’s no way he can play.

Bwahaha.

He was frustrated. He was mad at me, mad at everybody. Then he understood,” Rivers said.

Yea - He was mad at you for not letting him play when he can. But then you explained that it was a facade and that he will come back with Rocky Music and Garnett was all for it.

BRADY4MVP
04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I am a master of language and lie detection

what a clown....and I am a secret rogue agent.... watching a lil too much 24 im guessing

ARMIN12NBA
04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Are you really comparing KG and Bynum? At this stage in their careers Bynum doesn't hold a candle to KG.
I suggest editing the name of the thread to the actual news before many other people create the same topic threads.

No, but their impact is felt. You have to understand the impact and difference that Bynum makes on the court for this Lakers squad. Similar to Garnett. The Celtics still had a .720 record without Garnett, but they weren't a defensive oriented squad. Same with the Lakers without Bynum. They are still good, but they lose their defensive prowess. Nobody will say that Bynum is better than KG, but they both have a similar effect to their team in that they are the factors that elevate their teams to a tougher team and a better defensive team, which leads to a better chance at winning titles.

It looks like Orlando v. Cavaliers in the ECF. This is bad news for Cleveland fans.

ARMIN12NBA
04-16-2009, 02:12 PM
With or without KG. Cavs are going to beat the Celtics or Magic in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Why are you so confident about beating the Magic? Lebron or the Cavs have not had much success against them for a while now.

Living Legend
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
what a clown....and I am a secret rogue agent.... watching a lil too much 24 im guessing

A normal quote would be this:

"KG still isn't quite ready to come back. He still has swelling and a little discomfort. He will continue rehab and hopefully will return sometime during the playoffs."

For him to come out and say that he will miss the entire playoffs is just false.

R BU 5
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
maybe if he didnt get on his knees so much to bark at opposing players this wouldnt have happened....

ARMIN12NBA
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
maybe if he didnt get on his knees so much to bark at opposing players this wouldnt have happened....

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I heard about this. :laugh2: My buddy and I were wondering if all that extra pressure on his knees from unnecessary barking, jumping, and crazy antics have finally taken its toll.

BRADY4MVP
04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
A normal quote would be this:

"KG still isn't quite ready to come back. He still has swelling and a little discomfort. He will continue rehab and hopefully will return sometime during the playoffs."

For him to come out and say that he will miss the entire playoffs is just false.

well that would be a "normal" quote to you, mr. master of language and lie detection...... maybe he didnt know how to say it, or maybe, just maybe......

now sit down and get ready for this.............doc rivers isn't a master of language

pebloemer
04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
I think even without KG Boston can beat Orlando...because they still have the personel to guard Dwight Howard straight up. Despite of their record Orlando is vulnerable because they have no legit go to guys in the clutch with Jameer Nelson shelved.

The Celtics have go to guys in spades. Even in their thirties Pierce and Shuttlesworth are still better than Hedo and Lewis. Meanwhile Rondo should leave self overrater Alston in the dust. I believe even without KG the Celtics can and will beat the Magic. Cleveland however, not.

I completely agree with you. Boston is still a very good team without KG and Orlando better not take them lightly. I expect those teams to face off in the EC Semi's. Even without KG, I expect it to be a tough series for Orlando.

Living Legend
04-16-2009, 02:28 PM
well that would be a "normal" quote to you, mr. master of language and lie detection...... maybe he didnt know how to say it, or maybe, just maybe......

now sit down and get ready for this.............doc rivers isn't a master of language

I didn't say that he was.

I said that he is stretching the truth and dramatizing the situation in order to motivate his players.

It is also a psychological ploy in hopes that opponents will let down their guard a little bit.

Nice Try Rivers, but nobody is falling for this.

KINGofKINGS28
04-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Doesnt matter. People will step up, we will win

lakerboy
04-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I feel sorry for BC fans. I wish yall the best. I badly want a rematch.

Just a question. Like a few months ago, why didn't KG just opt for an injury? How long would that take to heal?

goshhhjosh
04-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Tired of hearing the various posters stating Boston will have excuses and make an excuse when they are bounced from the playoffs.

#1 - Games haven't started yet (to declare something would be stupid at this point in time) That's why they play the games.

#2 - When the Lakers and Cavs lost to the Celtics last year all I heard was, "Well we didn't have Bynum" and "We would have won if we had homecourt." EXCUSES.

ARMIN12NBA
04-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I feel sorry for BC fans. I wish yall the best. I badly want a rematch.

Just a question. Like a few months ago, why didn't KG just opt for an injury? How long would that take to heal?

Opting for another injury would probably make it worse, that's why.

Raoul Duke_91
04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
i think the bulls got a real shot to pull an upset now...I think there's no doubt that the Celtics are still a better team but the Bulls are just about the hottest team around right now, and the great thing about sports is anything can happen.
Go Bulls!

JJ81
04-16-2009, 03:01 PM

I'm very angry as a Laker fan. I wanted a Laker-Celtic finals :mad:

Frrrrank!!!
04-16-2009, 03:15 PM
i call ******** on the entire celtic organization

i don't buy it!!!

I hope you're right.

GREATNESS ONE
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Orlando vs Cleveland Eastern conference finals

superkegger
04-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Too bad. I was really hoping for a Boston LA rematch.

DerekRE_3
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I can definitely see Doc just saying that to make teams think about it...make them gameplan for the Celtics with and without KG.

ARMIN12NBA
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Same here. The Lakers will have to settle for Orlando now.

Faneik
04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Same here. The Lakers will have to settle for Orlando now.

Nah...

It's going to be Celtics/Mavs.

Chronz
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
On the bright side we get a Kobe VS Bron Finals, but I really wanted to see Kobe work for his title, without the Celtics, the Chip isnt as meaningful

macc
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM

But yet Orlando beat Boston that last two matchups pretty easily. Just sayin..

_Sn1P3r_
04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
That would be a really tough loss. Unless it'll be one of those dramatic things where he ends up coming out of a locker room in a Game 7 in the Finals or whatever. :shrug: But nonetheless, a tough loss.

Faneik
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
But yet Orlando beat Boston that last two matchups pretty easily. Just sayin..

They split the series 2-2 in the regular season.

Last game, March 25th, Magic won at home 84-82.

Garnett play 16 mins in that game, returning from injury...

Pretty easily, huh?

Get your facts straight before you post.

Lakergirl24
04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Im bummed. I like seeing the best teams with everyone healthy. Huge blow for them

Lakergirl24
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
On the bright side we get a Kobe VS Bron Finals, but I really wanted to see Kobe work for his title, without the Celtics, the Chip isnt as meaningful

Thats why im bummed. I wanted a Lakers/Celtics finals and see the Lakers get revenge with a fully healthy team. Lakers-Cavs wont be as fun to watch

The Ooh Child
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
This sucks. I would have preferred to see Boston compete with full strength

TheShowzOver
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I swear you guys are clueless. KG is going to play. Maybe not against the Bulls but we don't need him until the Eastern Conference Finals at the very least. KG came back and played games when he was still injured apparently and did just fine. You can't tell me he's not going to be ready to go. KG is a competitor, theres no way he misses the entire playoffs. Time to comeback to reality. The Celtics are repeating.

DrDEADalready
04-16-2009, 04:47 PM

Wouldn't have gotten that rematch anyways. even if celtics made it. :D

BTownTeamsRKing
04-16-2009, 05:17 PM
The more I hear about what exactly Doc said, the more I believe KG will play.

at first it sounds like hes done, but he never said he is completely done. He doubted his return, but the Celtics have stated they want KG on the bench just to watch the games. thats the first hint.

I have no doubt in my mind that KG will give it a go if the Celtics are in a position where they really need him. I think Doc beleives hes not needed until cleveland.

KB24PG16
04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
celtics- :cry:

rest of the nba- :dance:

Giants27
04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I dont want any bit*ching form Celtic fans....

GspLAL
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
shenanigans, hes gonna play watch.

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
He would come back for the Conference finals IMO.

Ironman5219
04-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry Celtics fans... KG was an awsome talent to watch no matter what team you root for. Hopefully he can home back.

junion
04-16-2009, 07:45 PM

Just saw it on ESPN...

that sucks, i was hoping for a lakers vs celtics finals again - i'm a fan of those kinds of battles.

without kg, i think the celtics can still do some damage in the playoffs, but they won't beat the cavs in the conference finals

hopefully he gets better soon

unless... it's another bs "injury".

Living Legend
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I swear you guys are clueless. KG is going to play. Maybe not against the Bulls but we don't need him until the Eastern Conference Finals at the very least. KG came back and played games when he was still injured apparently and did just fine. You can't tell me he's not going to be ready to go. KG is a competitor, theres no way he misses the entire playoffs. Time to comeback to reality. The Celtics are repeating.

It is funny to me that only about 5% of people realize this obvious fact.

BrizzleBear
04-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Honestly as a bulls fan we need all the help in the world to pull an upset and this will help us. In saying that it's never good to wish harm on a player.

G-Funk
04-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I hope he gets better and ready for the Magic

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 09:16 PM
I dislike players getting hurt period but especially in the playoffs and especially star players.

S.J.Basketball
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I could care less. I'm almost glad in a way. I would love for the Celtics to get to the Finals missing their main big man and defensive stopper like the Lakers did when they were missing Bynum. They probably won't. I can't wait for the Celts to get eliminated. Sweet.

NBA_Starter
04-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Without K.G. The C's have a chance maybe to still make the Conf. Finals but no chance for a repeat!

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjSZQJuHihFQVslcWPOieny8vLYF?slug=ap-celtics-garnett&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that Garnett will not be ready for Game 1 against the Chicago Bulls and possibly won’t be back at all.

“It’s not official that he’s out for the entire playoffs, but it’s official as far as I’m concerned,” Rivers said before practice at the team’s workout facility. “I just don’t see how. I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see it.”

So pretty much KG can control when he comes back or not. Rivers just says he is out game 1. Celtics might not need him for round 1. I would rather just play the Celtics like they are now without any Garnett just to see if we are good enough to beat a KG less Celtics team.

DubsFan
04-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Well now the Cavs don't have a challenger in the East, The Cavs/ Celtics Conference finals match would have been more entertaining if KG was playing but whatever. So the Finals are already set... haha Cavs vs Lakers

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Well now the Cavs don't have a challenger in the East, The Cavs/ Celtics Conference finals match would have been more entertaining if KG was playing but whatever. So the Finals are already set... haha Cavs vs Lakers

Orlando

superkegger
04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjSZQJuHihFQVslcWPOieny8vLYF?slug=ap-celtics-garnett&prov=ap&type=lgns)

So pretty much KG can control when he comes back or not. Rivers just says he is out game 1. Celtics might not need him for round 1. I would rather just play the Celtics like they are now without any Garnett just to see if we are good enough to beat a KG less Celtics team.

Um, did you not read the whole article?

“I was surprised. [It was] out of left field,” said Rivers, who watched Garnett try to run Thursday morning, well before the team’s scheduled practice, and ruled him out after seeing only a few steps. “I saw him run last week and he looked great. This time, he couldn’t run at all. That told you it wasn’t headed in the right direction. He’ll still get treatment and they’ll try to get him back as soon as they can. But common sense tells you it hasn’t healed yet so it’s not going to heal by itself.

It's not a matter of KG just not being ready, it's that the knee injury is more serious than originally thought. Kinda makes me think of LA and Bynum last year. Oh, he'll be back, he'll be back, and he never could come back. It doesnt' sound like any kind of situation where they're just holding him back as a precaution. His knee is seriously effed up.

ARMIN12NBA
04-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Orlando

Yup. They have also had great success against the Cavaliers and at stopping Lebron so that should be a very good series. Possibly a 7 gamer.

still1ballin
04-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Haha

MagicBucsSox
04-17-2009, 05:33 PM
i think even without kg boston can beat orlando...because they still have the personel to guard dwight howard straight up. Despite of their record orlando is vulnerable because they have no legit go to guys in the clutch with jameer nelson shelved.

The celtics have go to guys in spades. Even in their thirties pierce and shuttlesworth are still better than hedo and lewis. Meanwhile rondo should leave self overrater alston in the dust. I believe even without kg the celtics can and will beat the magic. Cleveland however, not.

ok since when is jameer nelson clutch? He wasnt even in late 4th quarter games last yr in the playoffs, and turk and shard are in control of the ball late

cmoneytakemoney
04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah even without KG Boston will still beat Orlando. Teams like Orlando never go that far in the playoffs. You live by the 3 you die by the 3.

BTownTeamsRKing
04-17-2009, 07:18 PM
the more i hear about this injury, the more im calling BS!

I really think he will at the very least attempt to play by the 2nd round or ECF.

some guy for SI wrote an article about the injury and he asked 5 nba trainers about it. they all said, if the injury is what they are saying it is, then he will play at some point.

Living Legend
04-17-2009, 07:59 PM
the more i hear about this injury, the more im calling BS!

I really think he will at the very least attempt to play by the 2nd round or ECF.

some guy for SI wrote an article about the injury and he asked 5 nba trainers about it. they all said, if the injury is what they are saying it is, then he will play at some point.

Thank god that other people see through this ********.

KG will be back in a couple weeks

BTownTeamsRKing
04-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Thank god that other people see through this ********.

KG will be back in a couple weeks

not only that, but they said that surgery will help the injury, but it wont heal it completely. This is something that will be dependent on KG's pain threshold. Everyone knows he is a warrior, however he has never had an injury like this so this is likely the cause of the delayed return.

as for Doc Rivers' comments, I think he said this so that the Celtics would stop looking over their shoulder wondering when is he returning. This way, they plan on not having him and if he happens to come back, it will have such a positive impact even if he is not at 100%. Almost like the return of Pierce in the Finals except much more. At the same time, he is not sure if KG will actually be back, but i think he suspects at some point he will be ready.

Doc said this, "he is not official out, but to me, he is out."

the thoughts on Rivers' comments are not only me, but a few Boston broadcasters.

JayW_1023
04-18-2009, 07:32 AM
ok since when is jameer nelson clutch? He wasnt even in late 4th quarter games last yr in the playoffs, and turk and shard are in control of the ball late

Jameer Nelson was without a doubt the Magics best closer this year. You're in denial.

Vinny642
04-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I predicted this in my mind because he kept delaying returns and news was up and down about him I was like he probably is done fro the season and the Celtics don't want to admit it but whatever

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Jameer Nelson was without a doubt the Magics best closer this year. You're in denial.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!! for one your WRONG turk always has the ball in the clutch. dude played good 3months of his career and people over do it, if thats the case then why didnt the team fall apart, let alone skip a beat when he went down?still won 59 games