PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it weird that the Phoenix Suns aren't in the playoffs?

DenButsu
04-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Okay, I know this "deep thought for the day" might not exactly be worthy of its own thread. But still, it's kind of weirding me out looking at the bracket for the West and not seeing the Suns there. It just doesn't seem quite right. I guess the times they are a'changing and all that, but this (and the entry of Portland this year and New Orleans last year into the bracket) really seems to me like the harbinger of the impending change in the balance of power in the West. Like for the first time in quite a long time, the ground has really shifted in a pretty major way.

What do you think? No big deal or pretty major deal?

Tblaze
04-16-2009, 05:14 AM
I think this was going to happen sooner then later, before the season I thought it was going to be between Dallas and Phoenix for the 8/9th seeds. During the season quite a bit changed I must say. Who would've expected Denver this high? or Utah as the 8th seed? Hence I even expected more from New Orleans.

Do kinda feel bad for the suns though, I loved watching that team play..

holocaust227
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
All I can say is I miss Steve Nash in a Mavericks uniform. I've been rooting for them for eight years now and all that is missing is a damn center. I wish we didn't have Shawn Bradley back then.

On topic: Players age so does the team's chances of contending but I think the reason why Phoenix is out of the playoffs right now because of Terry Porter. I think the team doesn't respect his coaching abilities or the style of play he was planning to implement didn't really suit them. Mix in bad luck (Injuries to Amare and Barbosa; Games missed due to recurring injuries and age by Nash and Shaq respectively) and boom you're out of the playoff picture. However even if these things didn't happen, one of the past contending teams will surely be booted out of it. Just like what happened to the Kings in the past. Bad management is one of the reasons why some teams lose its continuity.

Faneik
04-16-2009, 05:37 AM
I blame the ownership.

Continously selling draft picks...:pity:

Draco
04-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Phoenix has been on top for a while now and once management bailed that was a clear sign that their time on top was over. It's not Kerr's fault for not being able to save a sinking ship. San Anonio is next, then probably Dallas soon enough.. These teams can only tweak their roster so much for so long and it's easy to see that it hasn't been producing the same results as previous years.

fredv
04-16-2009, 06:00 AM
Not weird. Other teams deserved it more than them, thats how it is. When you see that the Jazz are #8 seed, you know the WC is deep.

BrizzleBear
04-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Not weird, 8 other teams were better in the West then they were. I do think it is weird that they would be the 5th seed in the East.

Duncan = Donkey
04-16-2009, 06:35 AM
what really gets to me though is that teams like chicago, miami, 76ers, detriot etc. are in the playoffs and the suns arnt, when the suns are the better team and have a better record. thats the one major thing i dont like about the NBA.

ah well there's always next season.

azkarraga
04-16-2009, 06:43 AM
no, it's not.

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 06:45 AM
San Anonio is next, then probably Dallas soon enough.. These teams can only tweak their roster so much for so long and it's easy to see that it hasn't been producing the same results as previous years.

Pathetic that you compare San Antonio to Dallas...the Spurs have hardly tweaked their roster at all the past four years.

The Spurs are not done yet...this decade the Spurs have been the winningest team and there is nothing that can take that away from us.

Chronz
04-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Utah wouldve been out of the playoffs had Amare not gotten injured

theimortalone
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Utah wouldve been out of the playoffs had Amare not gotten injured

Yes sir, you are exactly right. Amare going down was our downfall! :mad:

I blame the ownership.

Continously selling draft picks...:pity:

Yep! I hate management for it too! :mad:

UK Bull
04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
No you gotta win games

Hustla23
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Steve Kerr is the assassin of NBA teams.

JayW_1023
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Steve Kerr is the assassin of NBA teams.

Dallas fans know all about that :smoking:

mnvikings28
04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
It is weird not seeing them in the playoffs. Had Terry Porter never been hired as coach or Amare gone down with injury they would be in. **** happens

mrblisterdundee
04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
It's not weird. It's just pathetic. Even the Mavericks made it into the playoffs.

still1ballin
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
I kinda wanted them to get the 8th seed so we can give them the big boot like they did to us a couple yrs back....

ink
04-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Okay, I know this "deep thought for the day" might not exactly be worthy of its own thread. But still, it's kind of weirding me out looking at the bracket for the West and not seeing the Suns there. It just doesn't seem quite right. I guess the times they are a'changing and all that, but this (and the entry of Portland this year and New Orleans last year into the bracket) really seems to me like the harbinger of the impending change in the balance of power in the West. Like for the first time in quite a long time, the ground has really shifted in a pretty major way.

What do you think? No big deal or pretty major deal?

It's a big deal to me. :( I can't believe the Suns aren't in the playoffs. Even with all the major shakeups I really thought they'd make it. They have the talent, but they've had a season from hell in terms of bad luck, injuries, moves that haven't worked, etc.

ink
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Phoenix has been on top for a while now and once management bailed that was a clear sign that their time on top was over. It's not Kerr's fault for not being able to save a sinking ship. San Anonio is next, then probably Dallas soon enough.. These teams can only tweak their roster so much for so long and it's easy to see that it hasn't been producing the same results as previous years.

I agree with that.