PDA

View Full Version : Question on seeding

DRE'-MAC
04-15-2009, 11:29 PM
The game on right now (Portland vs Denver) is only important because it will decide weather or not Portland will get HCA vs the Rockets. That means if Portland win then they are 4 seed but will have the same record as San Antonio and have the tie breaker over them and they get the 3 seed. Can somebody please explain that to me?

superkegger
04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Portland wins, they're the 4 seed, they lose, they're the 5 seed. San Antonio is the 3 seed no matter what.

Joshtd1
04-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Yup since SA won, and Houston lost, SA is the 3rd seed no matter what.

Blazers win, they are 4th. They lose, they are 5th.

JordansBulls
04-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Portland wins, they're the 4 seed, they lose, they're the 5 seed. San Antonio is the 3 seed no matter what.

Yes. The reason is because SA won the division. And while Portland may have the tiebreaker I believe if the seeds are tied it goes to a division winner.

bleedprple&gold
04-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I just logged on to post the same question. I thought they fixed this problem a few years ago when they changed the rule so that the top 4 seeds are split among the 3 division winners and the next best team. If Portland has the tiebreaker over San Antonio then the #3 seed (if they win) should go to Portland (IMO) regardless if they didn't win the division.

GregOden#1
04-15-2009, 11:57 PM
The Rockets are by far the worst matchup for the Blazers in the western conference, maybe the league. They negate our size, are one of the only (maybe THE only) team with a center advantage and Artest is known as a Roy stopper. They negate our biggest strengths and we don't really have an answer for theirs.

Dallas is the second worst matchup. I was REALLY hoping to play San Antonio in the first round.

Joshtd1
04-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Yea its a dumb rule. I just think they should have top 8 records get it, none of the BS division stuff. Let tiebreakers settle things as well.

superkegger
04-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Well, it looks like Portland will have that 4th seed. Romping on Denver. Course Denver has nothing to play for.