PDA

View Full Version : Official Orlando Magic Postseason Thread

sNaKeS
04-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Alright since I have not seen any thread started yet, I'll create the playoff thread. I will update the playoff matchups as soon as I can.

Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Matchups:

(1)Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (8)Detroit Pistons
Regular Season Series: Cavaliers win 3-1
Post-Season Series: Cavaliers win 4-0

(2)Boston Celtics vs. (7)Chicago Bulls
Regular Season Series: Celtics win 2-1
Post-Season Series: Celtics win 4-3

(3)Orlando Magic vs. (6)Philadelphia 76ers
Regular Season Series: Magic win 3-0
Post-Season Series: Magic win 4-2

(4)Atlanta Hawks vs. (5)Miami Heat
Regular Season Series: Hawks win 3-1
Post-Season Series: Hawks win 4-3

Eastern Conference Semifinal Matchups:

(1)Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (4)Atlanta Hawks
Regular Season Series: Cavaliers win 3-1
Post-Season Series: Cavaliers win 4-0

(2)Boston Celtics vs. (3)Orlando Magic
Regular Season Series: Tied 2-2
Post-Season Series: Magic win 4-3

Eastern Conference Finals Matchup:

(1)Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (3)Orlando Magic
Regular Season Series: Magic win 2-1
Post-Season Series: Magic win 4-2

N.B.A Finals Matchup:

(1)Los Angeles Lakers vs. (3)Orlando Magic
Regular Season Series: Magic win 2-0
Post-Season Series: Tied 0-0

PennyMy#1
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
I would rather like to play Philly than Chicago in the 1st round. But both teams offer us kind of a missmatch on the 5. In playoffs Dwight will own Sammy D, Joakim N and Brad M, so that is our biggest plus I think, no matter who we play.

EX-TREME
04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
magic takes chi in 5 games

EX-TREME
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
look at this (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=12266)

wow :pity:

sNaKeS
04-15-2009, 01:35 PM

How does the saying go? Something like "great guard play wins in the ncaa tournament".........well ask kobe and t-mac if great guard play wins in the nba playoffs. Magic will kill the bulls.

sNaKeS
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Actually, my last statement is incorrect, the magic will not kill the bulls, they will kill the 76ers in the first round. Can't wait for the playoffs!!!!!!

rapjuicer06
04-16-2009, 12:29 AM
hahahaha that was just horrible.

PennyMy#1
04-16-2009, 08:12 AM

:speechless: 7 games is a bit much to me.

But, we play the sixers, so let's see what hoops say on that one ... Just beat it !
:dance:

PennyMy#1
04-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Have you guys seen Tony Battie's Fade-Away-Spread-Your-Legs-Somewhat-Of Jumpshot against the bobcats ? AMAZING happened ! AMAZING ! If our bench plays that great ball, like Redick, Pietrus, Gortat and Battie did vs. Charlotte ...

OrLMaGiK1
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
I bet Jameer is pretty upset he can't play in the first round versus his hometown.

EX-TREME
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
5 games for magic maybe a sweep

EX-TREME
04-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Have you guys seen Tony Battie's Fade-Away-Spread-Your-Legs-Somewhat-Of Jumpshot against the bobcats ? AMAZING happened ! AMAZING ! If our bench plays that great ball, like Redick, Pietrus, Gortat and Battie did vs. Charlotte ...

that fadeaway was sick.

pd7631
04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Good luck guys, not that you're gonna need any luck. I hope that we can get at least a couple games from you, just so I can have a couple of high notes to end this season on. I think you guys take it in 6.....if we can do something that we haven't done all year, guard the 3 point line. If you guys beat us I'll be rooting for you to go all the way.....you guys should be able to take out the KG'less Celtics in the 2nd round(if they make it) and I would love to see you guys take out the Lebrons.

rapjuicer06
04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
hells yea!!!

MagicBucsSox
04-16-2009, 01:13 PM
magic in 4, they aint beat us in 2yrs

TYoung21
04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
can you guys not shoot 3's this series please?? :D

ragee
04-16-2009, 10:42 PM
I think we are sure to advance this round... And now that the Celts don't have KG, all we need to worry about is the Cavs!

PennyMy#1
04-17-2009, 05:56 AM
I can't wait aynmore ! I want playoffs NOW ! I just hope Turk and Lewis will be ,right in time, with us.

EX-TREME
04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
can you guys not shoot 3's this series please?? :D

:) LOL

I think we are sure to advance this round... And now that the Celts don't have KG, all we need to worry about is the Cavs!

we don't have to worry about the cavs. we could take them out in a 7 game series.

MylesKong
04-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I love to be the bearer of bad news...
Sixers in 5, baby!!!
We will win on Sunday. I promise.

PhillyForLife90
04-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to wish you all good luck, and I hope this series turns out to be a fun one!

MylesKong
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Oh yea, good luck, too!

JNore151
04-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Sixers in 5, baby!!!

put sumthing on it.....

pd7631
04-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Sixers in 5, baby!!!

dammit Myles! you jinxed us for sure

rapjuicer06
04-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Sixers in 5, baby!!!

hahahaha wow....

EX-TREME
04-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Sixers in 5, baby!!!

:)

Hey guys, just wanted to wish you all good luck, and I hope this series turns out to be a fun one!

thx., good luck to you too.

Oh yea, good luck, too!

good luck

MagicBucsSox
04-18-2009, 08:55 PM
ill put up my right as a magic fans we wont lose to philly

PennyMy#1
04-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Should Hedo play ?

He said he's limited and the ankle is still sore. Man, if that injury is getting worse just because of that game 1 and he'll miss some more just because of that ...

EX-TREME
04-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Should Hedo play ?

He said he's limited and the ankle is still sore. Man, if that injury is getting worse just because of that game 1 and he'll miss some more just because of that ...

he is going to play.

sNaKeS
04-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Should Hedo play ?

Yea that is scary, over a meaningless game no less. I say let him rest at least 1 game this series if not the whole thing. Orlando can still sweep philly even without him, only thing this means is that dwight will get more touches down low.

EX-TREME
04-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Yea that is scary, over a meaningless game no less. I say let him rest at least 1 game this series if not the whole thing. Orlando can still sweep philly even without him, only thing this means is that dwight will get more touches down low.

other guys will step up if hedo miss a game.

sNaKeS
04-19-2009, 11:50 AM
other guys will step up if hedo miss a game.

True, I'm actually optimistic about his injury to be honest with you. If I was SVG, i'd move lewis to the SF position and make gortat start alongside howard. I know it probably won't work out like that, but that's just my opinion. I just also want to see dwight get and shoot the ball at least 5 times a period, no less!!!

MAC10TIZZY
04-19-2009, 12:06 PM
true, i'm actually optimistic about his injury to be honest with you. If i was svg, i'd move lewis to the sf position and make gortat start alongside howard. I know it probably won't work out like that, but that's just my opinion. I just also want to see dwight get and shoot the ball at least 5 times a period, no less!!!

sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAC10TIZZY
04-19-2009, 12:09 PM

...and who would get dwight the ball?

EX-TREME
04-19-2009, 02:39 PM

:rolleyes:

sNaKeS
04-19-2009, 03:32 PM

Alston is averaging 5 assists per game and I would like to see lee pass the ball a little more. But it is looking like turkoglu will be starting in game 1 tonight so it really won't matter that much.

SeoulBeatz
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM

ill remember this one

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2009, 06:10 PM
the hell is lee and turk doing

MagicBucsSox
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
anthony johns with the dunk yadigggggggggggggggg

pd7631
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM

Looks like somebody spoke too soon:D

Good first game. You can never count us out, you should've put us away while you had the chance.

Home Court has swung in our favor:clap:

sandi
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM

sweep? maybe just a little but too confident. but anyways. good game though. cant wait till wednesday.

sNaKeS
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
sweep? maybe just a little but too confident. but anyways. good game though. cant wait till wednesday.

I said they "could" not "would", good game to you also.

tugboat424
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

DR.J9
04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Goood Game Fellas!

Gdubbz
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
that game was awful. Made me sick.

SeoulBeatz
04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
ill remember this one

you spoke too soon snakes. spoke too soon. shouldnt get cocky.

sNaKeS
04-19-2009, 09:47 PM
you spoke too soon snakes. spoke too soon. shouldnt get cocky.

This is why I love basketball fans more than anyone, since your a philly guy, you know what i'm talking about. Eagles fans if this was the playoffs would be running their mouths, phillies fans run their mouths, flyer fans......well i don't talk to hockey people so i don't know, but 76er fans are cool. You could have embarrassed me and mocked me but you didn't, thank you. That being said, back to business, as i said before, they "could" sweep, not "would" sweep. Good game and good luck in game 2.

sNaKeS
04-19-2009, 09:50 PM
True, I'm actually optimistic about his injury to be honest with you. If I was SVG, i'd move lewis to the SF position and make gortat start alongside howard. I know it probably won't work out like that, but that's just my opinion. I just also want to see dwight get and shoot the ball at least 5 times a period, no less!!!

God damnit SVG!!!! Why can't i coach this team? He shot 11 for 13 from the field and 9 for 12 from the free throw line, GET HIM THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!

GrandDaddyPurp
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
I remember during the half-time show when they were showing highlights of the game, they showed Dwight Howard being open in the post numerous times and not getting the ball. He was jumping up and down and didn't get the ball and resulted in a bad shot or turnover. If the Magic want to win this series, they need to get him the ball !

SeoulBeatz
04-19-2009, 10:21 PM
ill remember this one

This is why I love basketball fans more than anyone, since your a philly guy, you know what i'm talking about. Eagles fans if this was the playoffs would be running their mouths, phillies fans run their mouths, flyer fans......well i don't talk to hockey people so i don't know, but 76er fans are cool. You could have embarrassed me and mocked me but you didn't, thank you. That being said, back to business, as i said before, they "could" sweep, not "would" sweep. Good game and good luck in game 2.

haha yeah ive noticed that as well. I admit i have fallen into the trap before, where I have spoke to soon as well (particularly when i was more into the eagles than the sixers)

and from your standpoint, its understandable tbh cus the magic have owned the sixers over the past two years, absolutely no denying that, but i think this series will be a little closer than it should because Hedo and Shard are comin off injuries and Iggy and Thad are playing the best bball of their careers. should be interesting.

but if the threes are falling for you guys, we are done, and we here in philly all know that in the back of our minds. dwight will continue to destroy sammy (the dumbest player in bball) and i feel like sooner or later we're gonna wish we had brand. but im gonna enjoy this win for now because at least it gave Iggy some press around the league.

but good luck to you guys as well.

pd7631
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
this was a great game, I'm sure you Magic fans see it differently, but it was extremely excitng...there's no denying that. A couple of things I noticed:

Like someone said, Dwight was wide open under the basket numerous times in the first half, we were very lucky you guys didn't capitalize on that(I really have no idea why Sammy D was jumping out to the 3 point line to leave Dwight uncovered, but Sam's ********)

Secondly, I think your players just flat out choked down the stretch. Courtney Lee was owning us in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but he really seemed gun shy in the 4th. Once we got within 5 points it seemed like your whole team didn't want to shoot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, it's great that we were able to get the game 1 win, but the same thing happened last year and Detroit flexed their muscle against us from games 4 thru 6. I think that we have a better chance to win this series than a lot of people give us credit for, but with that said, I still think you guys will pull it out.

It's great to have some hope though lol

Lookin forward to Game 2

PennyMy#1
04-20-2009, 08:59 AM
this was a great game, I'm sure you Magic fans see it differently, but it was extremely excitng...there's no denying that. A couple of things I noticed:

Like someone said, Dwight was wide open under the basket numerous times in the first half, we were very lucky you guys didn't capitalize on that(I really have no idea why Sammy D was jumping out to the 3 point line to leave Dwight uncovered, but Sam's ********)

Secondly, I think your players just flat out choked down the stretch. Courtney Lee was owning us in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but he really seemed gun shy in the 4th. Once we got within 5 points it seemed like your whole team didn't want to shoot.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, it's great that we were able to get the game 1 win, but the same thing happened last year and Detroit flexed their muscle against us from games 4 thru 6. I think that we have a better chance to win this series than a lot of people give us credit for, but with that said, I still think you guys will pull it out.

It's great to have some hope though lol

Lookin forward to Game 2

I agree with you here. It's very nice, opponents can discuss w/o bashing against each other. Looking forward game two, and win number 1 ;)

MagicBucsSox
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
we lost because turk and shard didnt show, thats it, had nothing to do with philly but they earned the win. wont happen rest of the series we've taken there best shot and we played bad. good win they caught us sleepin glad we learned this lesson now. now lets go

EX-TREME
04-20-2009, 11:41 AM
i am not worried. maybe this game is a wakeup call for us. philly deserved to win this game because we chocked a 18 point lead. good luck philly. this series is going to be intresting.

BChydro86
04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
howard travels under the basket every time. really frustrating to watch over and over again with no calls.

also, somehow that man-beast played even better after getting poked in the eye.

go sixers!

MagicBucsSox
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM
howard travels under the basket every time. really frustrating to watch over and over again with no calls.

also, somehow that man-beast played even better after getting poked in the eye.

go sixers!

all the superstars travel , they wont call it, itsthe way it is. jordan is the posterboy of that, hell even his final bulls jumper was an offensive foul-push off

MAC10TIZZY
04-20-2009, 12:59 PM
dude what happend?

Chazm
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
we lost because turk and shard didnt show, thats it, had nothing to do with philly but they earned the win. wont happen rest of the series we've taken there best shot and we played bad. good win they caught us sleepin glad we learned this lesson now. now lets go

I really doubt we will win the next 4 but that would be nice. That's the usual for the magic though, if we aren't hitting the 3's while playing an above .500 team....we don't win. Last night, we were not hitting the 3's but for some reason i think in game 2 they are going to come out blazin!

KnicksorBust
04-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Howard gets 31 points on 13 shots. The guy should drop 40 next game. It's embarassing to see one of the best players in the league getting ignored on wide open dunk opportunities. You think they would turn down an open Shaq or like Webber said on TNT an open Hakeem? He's gotta flip out one of these teams and just go into monster mode. Anyway, I really think this series still favors the Magic.

Sixers don't usually shoot that well from the perimeter. Marshall got hot. They are the worst 3pt shooting team in the league and the Magic have the league's leading shotblocker to protect the paint.

Amazing shot by Iguodala though. You gotta give him a ton of credit. I'll still say Magic in 6.

TYoung21
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Never thought I'd see the day that we'd outshoot the Magic from 3....that won't happen again lol

macc
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Ya I'm just gonna saw somthing to the Philly fans - Thanks for being respectful winners and not coming in here and bashing us. The rest of my Sunday wasn't the same after we lost.

On a side note, I've watched pretty much every Magic game this year and when Dwight has a big game offensivly we don't normally win or we'll just squeak out a victory. We are at our best when Dwight shoots 12-15 shots a game w/ his 13+ rebounds and 3+ blocked shots and Turk & Lewis get there avg around 17-22. I'm not sure why those are our best games but for some reason thats what seems to be.

EX-TREME
04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Ya I'm just gonna saw somthing to the Philly fans - Thanks for being respectful winners and not coming in here and bashing us. The rest of my Sunday wasn't the same after we lost.

On a side note, I've watched pretty much every Magic game this year and when Dwight has a big game offensivly we don't normally win or we'll just squeak out a victory. We are at our best when Dwight shoots 12-15 shots a game w/ his 13+ rebounds and 3+ blocked shots and Turk & Lewis get there avg around 17-22. I'm not sure why those are our best games but for some reason thats what seems to be.

i know. the magic let dwight carry the scoring load sometimes. rashard is too one dimensional. and hedo is shooting horrible and jacks up crazy shots. jameer is hurt. and lee is shy.

MylesKong
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM

Oh that's easy: balance. Turk and Shard are your scorers and Dwight is your big man. Scoring shouldn't be his main contribution. Atleast, not yet.

MylesKong
04-21-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree with you here. It's very nice, opponents can discuss w/o bashing against each other. Looking forward game two, and win number 1 ;)

Us Sixers fans do plenty bashing of each other.

I'm feel pretty confident in how we match up against you guys. The lack of a proven vet for you guys is whats gonna hurt. I heard your boy SVG say "panic" during the post game PC. Did anyone else find that amusing?

Sixers in 5 baby!

pd7631
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
man, this forum is weak. You guys need to find some more people to jump on your bandwagon so we Sixers fans can actually have some legit talk with the opposition. I keep checking this thread to see what's being said, but it's mostly Sixers fans lol

sNaKeS
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
man, this forum is weak. You guys need to find some more people to jump on your bandwagon so we Sixers fans can actually have some legit talk with the opposition. I keep checking this thread to see what's being said, but it's mostly Sixers fans lol

Sorry I can't help you with that, but there will be a lot more fans on the bandwagon when orlando wins the championship.

sNaKeS
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Damn Courtney Lee looks like a beast this post season. Keep it up bro!!!

pd7631
04-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Damn Courtney Lee looks like a beast this post season. Keep it up bro!!!

We always get killed by rookies in the playoffs....a few years ago Tayshaun Prince owned us in the playoffs his rookie year, last year Rodney Stuckey did it to us, and now this year Courtney Lee is doing it.

pd7631
04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
good game tonight, it looked like you guys were gonna fall apart again...but Anthony Johnson and Hedo really came through in the closing minutes

sNaKeS
04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Any of you philly guys or orlando guys going to any games this weekend?

PhillySportFan
04-23-2009, 11:33 AM
People say game one was a fluke but I feel like we've been the better team. I mean we let multiple opportunities to come back and win game 2 just slip away. I think our defense has been real good, not coming off Hedo or Rashard and playing solid 1v1 D on Dwight. Reason we lost is because of Anthony Johnson and Courtney Lee, I wouldn't count on that happening much.

macc
04-23-2009, 01:04 PM
People say game one was a fluke but I feel like we've been the better team. I mean we let multiple opportunities to come back and win game 2 just slip away. I think our defense has been real good, not coming off Hedo or Rashard and playing solid 1v1 D on Dwight. Reason we lost is because of Anthony Johnson and Courtney Lee, I wouldn't count on that happening much.

We can look at it both ways, you can say you thought you had many opportunities slip away but yet we had many oppurtunities of blowing the lead even more wide open than we already had it.

The main reason that Orlando is the much superior team is because we have many shooters on our team, Philly does not. Watching the games i'll have to give Philly credit for the great D they have been playing. Philly is extrememly athletic and great when it comes to scrappy for loose balls and what not, but thats about the only advantage Philly has over the Magic. Bottom line as I said before is the Magic have many shooters. You made the comment about not expecting a performance like that out of Lee and Johnson again. I'll have to disagree and say ofcourse it can happen again. They can shoot!! If you look at our roster you'll see that pretty much everyone has a good jumpshot. Lewis, Hedo, Lee, Alston, Johnson, MP, Reddick, Lue. Every single one of those guys can make wide open 3s and jump shots consistantly. Even Battie and Gortat can make a jumper within 18 ft.

Everytime one of the Philly players shot up a 3 I wasn't to worried about it knowing there wasn't much of a chance it would go in. With as good of D as Philly has been playing how can you defend Howard downlow and every other shooter on the court? Its pick your poison, Philly did a great job on Lewis and Turk, that just meant AJ and Lee were wide open and if you can shoot, a wide open jump shot isn't difficult to make. Or Lee would do a quick fake, make your guy look stupid then go in for an easy layin.

The Magic have more balance than Philly, since everyone can shoot it could be any guy having a big night for us where as in Philly, you have to rely on AI jacking up a forced shot and hoping it goes in 5 times in a row. Miller did a good job for you guys until we put Lee on him then he didn't score much the rest of the game, I'm sure come next game you'll see Lee on Miller right away. That was 13 of your pts in the first 4-5 min alone.

Bottom line is in order for Philly to win a game they have to

-create lots of turnovers (which they have been good at doing so far)
-make their open jumpshots
-beat Orlando in transistion buckets
-put Howard in foul trouble early
-play high level defense (which they have been doing consistantly)
-Fight and get the majority of loose balls to create more shot oppurtunities

But Philly has to do ALL those things to have a chance to win, if one of those things doesn't happen the chances are very slim of them winning.

Orlando just has to make open jump shots, play good D and get Howard the ball. No single person HAS to have a big game in order for us to win. AI & Miller HAVE to have a big game for you guys to have a shot.

Plus we have been off on our 3ball so far this series and we're still getting 18 pt leads, just wait and see what happens when our 3 starts to fall. If you don't know see the last Magic Cavs game where our guys were on and we opened up a 41 pt league against the "best team in the NBA" Its our series to lose.

Anyways that's my amateur annalysis

As always
Stay Classy
Macc

MagicBucsSox
04-23-2009, 01:14 PM
nor should you count on lou will getting 18, donyell marshall existing nor andre miller scoring 30. see thing is WE'RE THE ONES LOSING LEADS. WE ARE BLOWING YALL THE FCK OUT. SO DONT TALK TO US ABOUT YOUR DEFENSE YOU SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT. GAME 1 WAS A GIFT IN A GUCCI BAG FOR YOU GUYS AND NOW YOU 76ER FANS REALLY THINK YALL ON OUR LEVEL, NO YOU BEAT US ONCE IN 2YEARS GET OVER IT.
WE HAVENT EVEN HAD A GOOD"ORLANDO MAGIC" GAME YET AND THE SERIES CAN EASILY BE 2-0 US. HELL DWIGHT BARELY PLAYED AND WE BEAT YOU BY DOUBLE DIGITS. AND WHAT "D" ON DWIGHT ARE YOU PLAYING? HE HAD YOUR ENTIRE CAST OF TRASH BIG MEN ON THE BENCH IN TROUBLE LOL YET ITS GOOD ONE ON ONE D? LOL HE AVG 22PTS 13 REBS SO WHERES THE 'D" THOSE ARE HIS REGULAR NUMBERS LOL

PS THE REASON YOU LOST IS BECAUSE WE HAD MORE POINTS THEN YOU WHEN THE CLOCK WENT 0:00

pd7631
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
We can look at it both ways, you can say you thought you had many opportunities slip away but yet we had many oppurtunities of blowing the lead even more wide open than we already had it.

The main reason that Orlando is the much superior team is because we have many shooters on our team, Philly does not. Watching the games i'll have to give Philly credit for the great D they have been playing. Philly is extrememly athletic and great when it comes to scrappy for loose balls and what not, but thats about the only advantage Philly has over the Magic. Bottom line as I said before is the Magic have many shooters. You made the comment about not expecting a performance like that out of Lee and Johnson again. I'll have to disagree and say ofcourse it can happen again. They can shoot!! If you look at our roster you'll see that pretty much everyone has a good jumpshot. Lewis, Hedo, Lee, Alston, Johnson, MP, Reddick, Lue. Every single one of those guys can make wide open 3s and jump shots consistantly. Even Battie and Gortat can make a jumper within 18 ft.

Everytime one of the Philly players shot up a 3 I wasn't to worried about it knowing there wasn't much of a chance it would go in. With as good of D as Philly has been playing how can you defend Howard downlow and every other shooter on the court? Its pick your poison, Philly did a great job on Lewis and Turk, that just meant AJ and Lee were wide open and if you can shoot, a wide open jump shot isn't difficult to make. Or Lee would do a quick fake, make your guy look stupid then go in for an easy layin.

The Magic have more balance than Philly, since everyone can shoot it could be any guy having a big night for us where as in Philly, you have to rely on AI jacking up a forced shot and hoping it goes in 5 times in a row. Miller did a good job for you guys until we put Lee on him then he didn't score much the rest of the game, I'm sure come next game you'll see Lee on Miller right away. That was 13 of your pts in the first 4-5 min alone.

Bottom line is in order for Philly to win a game they have to

-create lots of turnovers (which they have been good at doing so far)
-make their open jumpshots
-beat Orlando in transistion buckets
-put Howard in foul trouble early
-play high level defense (which they have been doing consistantly)
-Fight and get the majority of loose balls to create more shot oppurtunities

But Philly has to do ALL those things to have a chance to win, if one of those things doesn't happen the chances are very slim of them winning.

Orlando just has to make open jump shots, play good D and get Howard the ball. No single person HAS to have a big game in order for us to win. AI & Miller HAVE to have a big game for you guys to have a shot.

Plus we have been off on our 3ball so far this series and we're still getting 18 pt leads, just wait and see what happens when our 3 starts to fall. If you don't know see the last Magic Cavs game where our guys were on and we opened up a 41 pt league against the "best team in the NBA" Its our series to lose.

Anyways that's my amateur annalysis

As always
Stay Classy
Macc

good analysis, I'm not blind to our team's weaknesses so I have to agree with everything you said. Anbody who says that we are the better team or are playing like the better team needs to get themself checked out. We're a .500 team=average...that's it, we have shown that we can beat the best but we've also lost a lot of games to the worst teams in the league. We don't have good shooters, Samuel Dalembert does an ok job when he actually stays on Howard but he constantly leaves him alone under the basket and by the time he gets back on Howard, whoever switched on him has to scramble to find their man who is usually wide open for a 3.

The point is, we are very lucky to have even won the 1st game. The Magic haven't done what they do best in shooting the 3 yet, and Dwight Howard has played limited minutes do to the eye injury in game 1 and foul trouble in game 2. We probably should've lost both games by 15+ points.

The only thing I hate about your breakdown Macc, is that you refer to Iggy as "AI"...I hate when people do that, there's only one AI and it stands for Allen Iverson. Other than that you're spot on with just about everything.

pd7631
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
nor should you count on lou will getting 18, donyell marshall existing nor andre miller scoring 30. see thing is WE'RE THE ONES LOSING LEADS. WE ARE BLOWING YALL THE FCK OUT. SO DONT TALK TO US ABOUT YOUR DEFENSE YOU SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT. GAME 1 WAS A GIFT IN A GUCCI BAG FOR YOU GUYS AND NOW YOU 76ER FANS REALLY THINK YALL ON OUR LEVEL, NO YOU BEAT US ONCE IN 2YEARS GET OVER IT.
WE HAVENT EVEN HAD A GOOD"ORLANDO MAGIC" GAME YET AND THE SERIES CAN EASILY BE 2-0 US. HELL DWIGHT BARELY PLAYED AND WE BEAT YOU BY DOUBLE DIGITS. AND WHAT "D" ON DWIGHT ARE YOU PLAYING? HE HAD YOUR ENTIRE CAST OF TRASH BIG MEN ON THE BENCH IN TROUBLE LOL YET ITS GOOD ONE ON ONE D? LOL HE AVG 22PTS 13 REBS SO WHERES THE 'D" THOSE ARE HIS REGULAR NUMBERS LOL

PS THE REASON YOU LOST IS BECAUSE WE HAD MORE POINTS THEN YOU WHEN THE CLOCK WENT 0:00

You're right, we should've lost both games...probably both by double digits.

The only thing I disagree with you about is that you said we shouldn't count on Lou Williams getting 18 again. Lou Williams is a dynamic scorer, and he always has been. He took a lot from AI when he was here and they play very similar. The one thing Lou has to do better is when he goes to the basket he's more concerned with getting the contact than he his with trying to make his shot...if he reverses his thinking with that, then he can be really effective.

He did average 17.7 ppg for the month of April by the way...so I don't know why you think we can't count on him to get 18 points again.

macc
04-23-2009, 02:52 PM
good analysis, I'm not blind to our team's weaknesses so I have to agree with everything you said. Anbody who says that we are the better team or are playing like the better team needs to get themself checked out. We're a .500 team=average...that's it, we have shown that we can beat the best but we've also lost a lot of games to the worst teams in the league. We don't have good shooters, Samuel Dalembert does an ok job when he actually stays on Howard but he constantly leaves him alone under the basket and by the time he gets back on Howard, whoever switched on him has to scramble to find their man who is usually wide open for a 3.

The point is, we are very lucky to have even won the 1st game. The Magic haven't done what they do best in shooting the 3 yet, and Dwight Howard has played limited minutes do to the eye injury in game 1 and foul trouble in game 2. We probably should've lost both games by 15+ points.

The only thing I hate about your breakdown Macc, is that you refer to Iggy as "AI"...I hate when people do that, there's only one AI and it stands for Allen Iverson. Other than that you're spot on with just about everything.

Sorry man I won't say AI anymore. Actually the only reason I said that was because I didn't know how to spell his name, I actually just googled it and from now on i'll say Andre Iguodala instead. Honestly I like Young on your team, I think he's going to be a star if he matures like he should. Philly should run more plays through him because he creates alot of mis matches at his position. Its to bad you guys don't have Elton Brand right now, I think it would of made the series alot better than it already is.

Philly is a tough team, you guys just need to get some white guys in there that can make 3's on a regular basis. You would be suprised how much that spreads the floor, esp with a team like yours that's great at attacking the basket.

But once again I'm going to give Philly alot of credit with their D. Its been tough. Eventhough we won the other night any Magic fan can tell they are not playing their normal basketball. We aren't moving the ball around enough, people are getting the ball and just standing their with it. If we keep that up Philly will beat us, simple as that. We are at our best when we're getting the ball and moving it around the arc for the open shooter.

MagicBucsSox
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
im not saying he cant get 18,but game 1 he shot great, thats not going down . if he get 18 its druiving like how lee is,getting steals, scrappy etc. that 3/3 3pters killed us

pd7631
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Sorry man I won't say AI anymore. Actually the only reason I said that was because I didn't know how to spell his name, I actually just googled it and from now on i'll say Andre Iguodala instead. Honestly I like Young on your team, I think he's going to be a star if he matures like he should. Philly should run more plays through him because he creates alot of mis matches at his position. Its to bad you guys don't have Elton Brand right now, I think it would of made the series alot better than it already is.

Philly is a tough team, you guys just need to get some white guys in there that can make 3's on a regular basis. You would be suprised how much that spreads the floor, esp with a team like yours that's great at attacking the basket.

But once again I'm going to give Philly alot of credit with their D. Its been tough. Eventhough we won the other night any Magic fan can tell they are not playing their normal basketball. We aren't moving the ball around enough, people are getting the ball and just standing their with it. If we keep that up Philly will beat us, simple as that. We are at our best when we're getting the ball and moving it around the arc for the open shooter.

That's what my biggest fear is, if you guys start making 3's then it could get real ugly. I love the way you guys play because your biggest strength is our biggest weakness and we're desperate for just one legit 3 point shooter.

Like you said, if we get a couple guys to stretch the floor we can definitely be a high quality team. Hopefully we can land a guy like Stephen Curry in the draft, and I think Kyle Korver can opt out this offseason, so maybe we could use the MLE to sign him.

pd7631
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
im not saying he cant get 18,but game 1 he shot great, thats not going down . if he get 18 its druiving like how lee is,getting steals, scrappy etc. that 3/3 3pters killed us

Yeah Lou is a streaky jumpshooter, so him going 3/3 from three is like a 50/50 shot at happening, when he's got it goin on he really can fill it up. The one thing that remains consistent about his game is his speed and ability to get to the hoop. We won't outshoot you guys from beyond the arc again though, that I can almost guarantee.

If we want to have any chance at pushing this series to 6 or 7 games, Andre Iguodala can't only take 4 shots in a half again like he did in game 2. For some reason he just sits back and lets guys like Reggie Evans, Willie Green, and Royal Ivey create offense, when they are all very limited offensively.

EX-TREME
04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
That's what my biggest fear is, if you guys start making 3's then it could get real ugly. I love the way you guys play because your biggest strength is our biggest weakness and we're desperate for just one legit 3 point shooter.

Like you said, if we get a couple guys to stretch the floor we can definitely be a high quality team. Hopefully we can land a guy like Stephen Curry in the draft, and I think Kyle Korver can opt out this offseason, so maybe we could use the MLE to sign him.

i would love to trade jj redick.

EX-TREME
04-23-2009, 04:33 PM

:(

MagicBucsSox
04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
id rather ride with the same true,8 magic fans in here lol, then hundreds of bandwagon fans
ya digggggggggggggggg

MAC10TIZZY
04-24-2009, 09:39 AM

L the **** out loud, get em buck!!!!!!!!!

PennyMy#1
04-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by pd7631

I rather have only one or two REAL Magic fans here, then about 20 bandwagoners that only like the MAGIC for D12 and the Superman-Dunk.

MAC10TIZZY
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM

Private Message: Re: You have received an infraction at ProSportsDaily Forums
Yesterday, 01:43 AM
ink
Moderator Join Date: Jan 2007

Re: You have received an infraction at ProSportsDaily Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC10TIZZY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink
Dear MAC10TIZZY,

You have received an infraction at ProSportsDaily Forums.

Reason: Baiting
-------
If you go into the opposing team's forum, don't bait them. Show respect. Thanks.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9185021
############# here this is what i said, and it clealy shows how soft you are###########(in our forum now)
Quote:
the game was lame, i was there, you guys are a mediocre team and we tend to play mediocre against teams like you!!! sorry but the truth hurts

All the best,
ProSportsDaily Forums

PLEASE TELL ME HOW STATING THE TRUTH IS A FRACTION?

If you want to talk about another team or point out how another team failed, post in the NBA forum. That's what it's there for.

Team forums are first and foremost for the fans of that team. If you post there, please post like a guest in someone else's house.

...and the same guy posted the same ish in our forum, how is it that you give me an infraction and erase my message yet you let his stand....BE CONSISTENT DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. did you report it?
2. did he post it in response to your post?

If he posted his first, I'll give him an infraction. Please report it so I can see it.

Click the triangle on the top right of the post you're talking about.

... OK DUDE IT TOLD ON HIM BY CLICKING THE TRIANGLE.....THIS SITE USED TO BE SO COOL, BUT NOW YOU ARE MAKING IT SO SOFT!!!!!!!!!!! I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING WRONG

lol. You joined last September. The rules have been the same since a few years before I joined in 2006, so no one is "making it so soft". These are the rules.

... so are we lol'ing cause i joined in september....i know the rules, i abide by them and (not like its a huge deal but) i read all these kobe and lebron threads that get off the hook and no one ever sais anything and i call a .5oo team mediocre and i get a point...wtf man?

OK I'm not going to keep this up all night. I explained that the rules have been here longer than either of us, that you posted the comment in another team's forum, someone reported your post, and so it obviously baited someone. The infraction will expire very soon and you won't have to worry about it, especially if you continue to follow the rules as you say you've been doing.

Enjoy the playoffs.

........ok ok ok, i am officially back after your one side moder ever so nicely let me return, lol, what the **** is an infraction, will i have to put that on my ressume? look #1 philly fan i cant tell if you like the 6ers or lust them cause damn dude you be bashin' when they losin then slobin' on em' when you winnin'......the bottom line is this, and ever single magic fan in here knows it, the first two games we have played on your level, i was there on wednesday and there was no excitement to the game , (exept for this obnoxious loud mouth philly fan that i was so blessed with fate matching our ticket stubs up net to each other, lets just put it this way, he will NEVER come up in our house again, poor guy lol) look andre miller is good, but thirty points, simply put the magic just have not been playing well and we are toying with you guys. i will never jinx us cause ish can happen, you guys got lucky the first nite, we got kinda lucky (sort or) the next game,now hopefully the magic will show up tonite!!! GO MAGIC!!!

EX-TREME
04-24-2009, 11:43 AM
long post you got over there macc10tizzy

pd7631
04-24-2009, 01:48 PM
I rather have only one or two REAL Magic fans here, then about 20 bandwagoners that only like the MAGIC for D12 and the Superman-Dunk.

I respect that. I guess what I meant to say was , you guys need to find some real Magic fans and get them on the site so they can get the activity level up in this forum. I like talking with the few ones that are on here, but it kinda sucks when only 2 or 3 people post after a playoff game.

MAC10TIZZY
04-24-2009, 03:51 PM
long post you got over there macc10tizzy

ha ha, i guess i copied more than i thought...lol...GO MAGIC!!!

VCaintdead17
04-24-2009, 04:20 PM
How much different do you guys think things would be against Philly if you had Jameer Nelson?

pd7631
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
How much different do you guys think things would be against Philly if you had Jameer Nelson?

Sweep for Orlando....Jameer would own Andre Miller with his quickness

pd7631
04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
^^then again, Andre Miller could take Jameer in the post all game long. The problem is that if the Magic doubled Miller in the post Andre would be forced to try and find an open shooter and nobody on our team can shoot......so yeah it would still be a sweep

EX-TREME
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
^^then again, Andre Miller could take Jameer in the post all game long. The problem is that if the Magic doubled Miller in the post Andre would be forced to try and find an open shooter and nobody on our team can shoot......so yeah it would still be a sweep

Sweep for Orlando....Jameer would own Andre Miller with his quickness

magic in 5. philly is too good for sweep

BChydro86
04-25-2009, 02:44 AM
love it

just for the record....howard gets away with murder on the floor. how does that guy not foul out every single game? i guess thats superstar treatment.

aZekuiS
04-25-2009, 04:47 AM
The main reason that Orlando is the much superior team is because we have many shooters on our team, Philly does not. Watching the games i'll have to give Philly credit for the great D they have been playing. Philly is extrememly athletic and great when it comes to scrappy for loose balls and what not, but thats about the only advantage Philly has over the Magic.

Philly doesn't have alot of shooters, but they have alot of scorers. The reason the Magic never go far in the playoffs, is because they have alot of shooters, but not scorers. A great team has a combination of both, neither team has both, but i'de rather have the slashing/scoring abilities the Sixers have. Philly has Orlando outmatched in positions 1-4 IMO. Can't wait for game 4 :)

MagicBucsSox
04-25-2009, 07:12 AM
another buzzer beater this *** is dumb, we got this though o town all we need is shard or turk to show and its a wrap. they i can honestly say out played us this one game but its all good

PennyMy#1
04-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Nothing is good. I'm so pissed. We should lead 3-0 but, Philly fights. It's going to be hard to beat them, if Turk and Lewis won't step up now ... . Man, I see us playing a game 7. That's so ... .

sNaKeS
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Alright I'm officially into this series. I thought orlando would either have swept the sixers or win in 5, but now i'm getting scared. I'm with PennyMy#1, lewis and especially turkoglu need to step up now and even more so the defense needs to show up. Good game for the sixers they deserved this one and this should be a good series.

MAC10TIZZY
04-25-2009, 10:00 AM
i was sittin watching the game last nite (a lil tipsy) and we were down like 16 or so, a couple of my family from out of state , that i have turned into magic fans, were like what is going on? i told them the magic always do this and that we can usually comeback from any lead? we did, but 76ers just got an extra shot...i have always listend to van gundy's after game thoughts, but since i am out of town i dont get to hear him, what is he saying? and why the f/ did he change the lineup with lee/pietrus that was working so well? im beyond worried but still have faith in my magic....like i said we play mediocre against mediocre teams, and philly is with out a doubt a mediocre team

macc
04-25-2009, 10:44 AM
We are getting straight up outplayed. We (and when I saw we I mean the Magic) are not playing Magic basketball. There is absolutley no ball movement. People are holding the ball and not making the extra pass. Plus its like people are affraid to shoot, I don't know how many times Lewis and MP had open looks if they would have just did a catch and shoot but instead hesisitated and passed the ball to Rafer to set up the offense again and by that time we would have 8 sec left on the shot clock where we would just take a forced jump shot.

I don't know whats up with Turk, I hope it's his ankle that's hindering him from doing anything. He used to drive it strong to the basket on a regular basis, now hes just settling for fade away jump shots and when he does take it he half a$$es it and he does this thing where he flares up his arms trying to get the ref to bail him out everytime.

MP is nowhere to be found, he made a couple 3's for us last night but hes not being aggressive at all. He has the capability to drive on anyone but never does it. Magic fans have seen flashes of him and can back me up when I say he has one of the fastest drives and spin moves into the lane than anyone else in the league.

Where's JJ Reddick? I think he has proven himself to get some good playoff min, I might be alone in this but I wouldn't mind taking min from Hedo and giving them to JJ because Hedo is just playing bad basketball this series. JJ can shoot and makes plans. He's not the most athletic but he makes good decisions on the floor when he plays.

If the Magic keeps playing like they have been then they are simply gonna lose the series, bottom line. Philly has been tough, they have been driving and drawing fouls on a regular basis and making shots when it counts. So you have to give their team alot of credit. They have simply been playing better than the Magic this entire series in my opinion.

PennyMy#1
04-25-2009, 12:49 PM
We are getting straight up outplayed. We (and when I saw we I mean the Magic) are not playing Magic basketball. There is absolutley no ball movement. People are holding the ball and not making the extra pass. Plus its like people are affraid to shoot, I don't know how many times Lewis and MP had open looks if they would have just did a catch and shoot but instead hesisitated and passed the ball to Rafer to set up the offense again and by that time we would have 8 sec left on the shot clock where we would just take a forced jump shot.

I don't know whats up with Turk, I hope it's his ankle that's hindering him from doing anything. He used to drive it strong to the basket on a regular basis, now hes just settling for fade away jump shots and when he does take it he half a$$es it and he does this thing where he flares up his arms trying to get the ref to bail him out everytime.

MP is nowhere to be found, he made a couple 3's for us last night but hes not being aggressive at all. He has the capability to drive on anyone but never does it. Magic fans have seen flashes of him and can back me up when I say he has one of the fastest drives and spin moves into the lane than anyone else in the league.

Where's JJ Reddick? I think he has proven himself to get some good playoff min, I might be alone in this but I wouldn't mind taking min from Hedo and giving them to JJ because Hedo is just playing bad basketball this series. JJ can shoot and makes plans. He's not the most athletic but he makes good decisions on the floor when he plays.

If the Magic keeps playing like they have been then they are simply gonna lose the series, bottom line. Philly has been tough, they have been driving and drawing fouls on a regular basis and making shots when it counts. So you have to give their team alot of credit. They have simply been playing better than the Magic this entire series in my opinion.

Jesus. Before the playoffs, I never thought I had to agree with such a post.

It's as simple as it's bad. Dwight is alone. Rafer is there, ok ... but the rest just plays different ball, then they did the whole season. Why ? Are guys like Hedo and Shard burned-out ? Pietrus too shy ? I thought we get to see even better basketball and more energy, then we did before the playoffs.

I think most, still don't realize how close we are to losing this series. Philly needs just 2 more and they're motivated and able to beat us two more times. I have no doubt about it. They know how to outplay us, and if our strong guys, won't lean against them now ... we'll be done.

Don't get me wrong guys, we win together and we lose together. One time Magic, always Magic. I still believe in us. The team, the coach. But I'm scared ... really scared.

GO MAGIC !

EX-TREME
04-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Jesus. Before the playoffs, I never thought I had to agree with such a post.

It's as simple as it's bad. Dwight is alone. Rafer is there, ok ... but the rest just plays different ball, then they did the whole season. Why ? Are guys like Hedo and Shard burned-out ? Pietrus too shy ? I thought we get to see even better basketball and more energy, then we did before the playoffs.

I think most, still don't realize how close we are to losing this series. Philly needs just 2 more and they're motivated and able to beat us two more times. I have no doubt about it. They know how to outplay us, and if our strong guys, won't lean against them now ... we'll be done.

Don't get me wrong guys, we win together and we lose together. One time Magic, always Magic. I still believe in us. The team, the coach. But I'm scared ... really scared.

GO MAGIC !

great post :clap:

but i am still not worried. if we get game 4 then i'm leaning towards the magic to win the series. but if philly wins it then philly needs a game more to eliminate us and this magical season is ruined

JNore151
04-25-2009, 03:57 PM
im literly sick to my stomach after dat game...i mean if turk isnt rite why keep him in there? and why didnt tony play in the 2nd half and for real where is reddick.....svg isnt going a good job rite now....but im still confidnt we pull it out......how bout howard hitting those two free throws under pressure, on the road!!!! i mean he is playing like an MVP.....just wait till shard gets rite, he's on the rite track and hedo to get healthy.....we're just playin like shhhhht rite now but we will bounce back......

MAGIC FANS STANDING FIRM!!!!! WE GO HARD!!!!!

MAC10TIZZY
04-25-2009, 05:31 PM
whooorawww!!!!!!!!

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 06:52 AM
im literly sick to my stomach after dat game...i mean if turk isnt rite why keep him in there? and why didnt tony play in the 2nd half and for real where is reddick.....svg isnt going a good job rite now....but im still confidnt we pull it out......how bout howard hitting those two free throws under pressure, on the road!!!! i mean he is playing like an MVP.....just wait till shard gets rite, he's on the rite track and hedo to get healthy.....we're just playin like shhhhht rite now but we will bounce back......

MAGIC FANS STANDING FIRM!!!!! WE GO HARD!!!!!

well in the playoffs the starters take the bulk of the minutes. i didn't see tony on the court. as well of jj redick. he is a defensive liability but have a good basketball iq and can spread the floor. d-12 has played like a mvp. the way he demanded the ball and shot those 2 free throws was great. we need to pass to him more often insstead throwing up shots. shard have played awful but i heard his brother has cancer. it's tough to play hard when someone in the family does not feel well. we need to win this game so we can even this series and go back to o-town.

PennyMy#1
04-26-2009, 09:13 AM
heard his brother has cancer
Oh boy, that's one of most awful things that can happen to you. A family member with cancer. Man. Don't know what to say right now. He just had problems with is daughter being very sick, now with his brother ?

If he's not 100% there on the court because of that ... I could understand that very well. But if the whole team gets disadvantage of that, maybe we should do something ? I'm really unsure. But I'm very sure about, that Lewis is not the problem. He's one of our problems.

I do agree with you others, about D12. He's just great. But, even if he is making like 50 points the others have to support him more. It's so sad we can do nothing but just wait and talk again and again about all the same. I wish in the next game just one more guy would step up. Dwight, Rafer ... they lead us right now and we can't blame Courtney for anything, he's amazing.

Hedo, MP can push us to the game 4 win. Even Tony Battie could be a factor. For now, I start thinking about playing the 76ers big. They can't control Dwight. Maybe we should bring in D12 and Battie together more often. I think we could hurt the Sixers very bad if we play them. I saw you guys say something similar.

Thoughts ?

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh boy, that's one of most awful things that can happen to you. A family member with cancer. Man. Don't know what to say right now. He just had problems with is daughter being very sick, now with his brother ?

If he's not 100% there on the court because of that ... I could understand that very well. But if the whole team gets disadvantage of that, maybe we should do something ? I'm really unsure. But I'm very sure about, that Lewis is not the problem. He's one of our problems.

I do agree with you others, about D12. He's just great. But, even if he is making like 50 points the others have to support him more. It's so sad we can do nothing but just wait and talk again and again about all the same. I wish in the next game just one more guy would step up. Dwight, Rafer ... they lead us right now and we can't blame Courtney for anything, he's amazing.

Hedo, MP can push us to the game 4 win. Even Tony Battie could be a factor. For now, I start thinking about playing the 76ers big. They can't control Dwight. Maybe we should bring in D12 and Battie together more often. I think we could hurt the Sixers very bad if we play them. I saw you guys say something similar.

Thoughts ?

battie and d-12 would be a good idea. but we need spacing. we need cut down hedo's minutes and let mp and jj play a bit more

PennyMy#1
04-26-2009, 11:51 AM
True, but I sadly don't see this happen, because SVG hasn't got the balls for doing this. I see SVG play Hedo and Shard till they drop ... It's like, he just hopes everything is going to turn the right way without changing anything, no, he gives them even more mins. to find themselves ...

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
True, but I sadly don't see this happen, because SVG hasn't got the balls for doing this. I see SVG play Hedo and Shard till they drop ... It's like, he just hopes everything is going to turn the right way without changing anything, no, he gives them even more mins. to find themselves ...

stan is in love with hedo

LOL (http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3065/sexyhedo.jpg)

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 12:01 PM

stans is wearing them out. and the bench don't get the chance to develop.

PennyMy#1
04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
stan is in love with hedo

LOL (http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3065/sexyhedo.jpg)

The Magic Gigolo :laugh:

PennyMy#1
04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
stans is wearing them out. and the bench don't get the chance to develop.

Exactly. I just don't know if he's doing it because he has no other idea, or if he's sure it's the right way to beat those 76ers ...

JNore151
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
twin towers.... gortat and d12.......svg was doin this late season for a couple games......why not at least try it ?

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 01:27 PM
twin towers.... gortat and d12.......svg was doin this late season for a couple games......why not at least try it ?

not know. he did that on the celtic game and it did well. but in the piston game i don't know what happend because i didn't watch the game. after that he never thought of that idea.

pd7631
04-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, this is the biggest game of this series tonight. I expect it to be another close one, because obviously neither team can hold on to a big lead for too long. If we win then I fully expect us to win the series, if you guys win then I'm sad to say that I think this series will be yours. Good Luck fellas

EX-TREME
04-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, this is the biggest game of this series tonight. I expect it to be another close one, because obviously neither team can hold on to a big lead for too long. If we win then I fully expect us to win the series, if you guys win then I'm sad to say that I think this series will be yours. Good Luck fellas

thought so too. good luck philly

lmao (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGTFvp-8CuE)

SeoulBeatz
04-26-2009, 09:59 PM
good game folks. both teams played below par, but you guys pulled itout in the end.

looks like Hedo is back which spells trouble for us, should be a very interesting series from here on out.

i have my doubts now that the series goes back to orlando.... but i havent had this much fun watchin bball in a while!

BChydro86
04-26-2009, 10:32 PM
sixers couldnt get a break. refs are really favoring orlando. orlando is playing really good D on iggy. no one could score. why is speights not playing? why did willie green play so much, he really does kill the offense, even if he is shooting kinda well. howard is a monster, and he gets away with murder. refs killed the sixers tonight, lots of really bad calls. arena was lame, lots of empty seats. iggy got fouled on that last second 3....just saying.

those are some of my thoughts after tonights game.

VCaintdead17
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Big win for the Magic tonight

pd7631
04-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Good game. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep, but good game. This is a hell of a series.

MagicBucsSox
04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
sixers couldnt get a break. refs are really favoring orlando. orlando is playing really good D on iggy. no one could score. why is speights not playing? why did willie green play so much, he really does kill the offense, even if he is shooting kinda well. howard is a monster, and he gets away with murder. refs killed the sixers tonight, lots of really bad calls. arena was lame, lots of empty seats. iggy got fouled on that last second 3....just saying.

those are some of my thoughts after tonights game.

what, only reason it came to that they called a bs foul on alston for miller

MagicBucsSox
04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
good game folks. both teams played below par, but you guys pulled itout in the end.

looks like Hedo is back which spells trouble for us, should be a very interesting series from here on out.

i have my doubts now that the series goes back to orlando.... but i havent had this much fun watchin bball in a while!

WHAT!!!!! we're the ones playing below par, yall are playing your best ball since the iverson days, we've blown u out every game but 1 and lost leads somehow, just like tonight

yall aint even get our A game yet

sNaKeS
04-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Great ****en game to be at, that place was going nuts before hedo shut them up for good. Great game, good luck on tuesday. GO MAGIC!!!!

BChydro86
04-26-2009, 11:32 PM
what, only reason it came to that they called a bs foul on alston for miller

dude... howard got away with at least 2 charges, a bunch of hacks, and several over the back calls. he should have had at least 4 fouls in just the first half (and im being generous). refs are clearly giving orlando every break. thats how u guys have been building leads. we are getting shafted on calls (especially charges) and its creating extra opportunities for u guys to capitalize.

MAC10TIZZY
04-26-2009, 11:46 PM
dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have no idea....i was on a flight from about six to ten and upon landing i put the whole plain in jepardy because i just couldn't wait a second longer to check the score....still pretty much have no idea how it happend, but it sounds turkuleese came alive...+

MagicBucsSox
04-26-2009, 11:54 PM
dude... howard got away with at least 2 charges, a bunch of hacks, and several over the back calls. he should have had at least 4 fouls in just the first half (and im being generous). refs are clearly giving orlando every break. thats how u guys have been building leads. we are getting shafted on calls (especially charges) and its creating extra opportunities for u guys to capitalize.

ok he dont need to over the bacck no one, he can jump over him and its called the superstar treatment. kobe has it,king,pierce pushes off all day,wade carries, a.i always got them against us with his flopping and palming. its a best of 3 series now

BChydro86
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
the NBA is a crooked league. i cant wait until david stern goes to jail... or some form of bad karma comes back to get him for all the tampering hes done with the league and its outcomes.

pd7631
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM

You forgot to mention that anytime Howard needs to make any sort of post move that isn't a running hook, he travels. The guy shuffles his feet more than a god damn irish river dancer.

BChydro86
04-26-2009, 11:59 PM
^^ im somewhat okay with that. lots of big men do that....none of them (except shaq, tim duncan, and KG) have great footwork.

it is irritating being on the other end, but i have a feeling if brand were playing hed be doing the same thing.

pd7631
04-27-2009, 12:00 AM
WHAT!!!!! we're the ones playing below par, yall are playing your best ball since the iverson days, we've blown u out every game but 1 and lost leads somehow, just like tonight

Maybe our defense has just done a tremendous job at guarding the perimeter. You guys don't do anything but shoot 3's, so our stategy of leaving Dwight 1 on 1 on Theo or Dalembert is taking away your biggest strength. It doesn't mean that you aren't playing your "A" game, it just means that our defense is doing a great job.

sNaKeS
04-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Maybe our defense has just done a tremendous job at guarding the perimeter. You guys don't do anything but shoot 3's, so our stategy of leaving Dwight 1 on 1 on Theo or Dalembert is taking away your biggest strength. It doesn't mean that you aren't playing your "A" game, it just means that our defense is doing a great job.

I think injuries to orlando also has to deal with it a little, but not nearly as much as the philly defense, they're doing a good job defending the perimeter. But sooner or later you can't keep thinking you will shut down all those three point shooters, just look at game 3. I will give credit where it is due and philly has stepped up their defense tremendously, at least better than a .500 team, hell just look at tonight tied at 36 at the half? WTF?

SeoulBeatz
04-27-2009, 02:13 AM

somehow?

u dont think our defense has anything to do with that or maybe how well our team matches up to u guys because of our athletic advantage on the wings?

just saying. dont get all pissy.

MagicBucsSox
04-27-2009, 04:03 AM
like im so sick of you sixer people talkin about your defense, its so irking when your down double digits every , NO ,EVERY 4TH QUARTER, so dont talk about your defense when you down that much. its us fkning up losing leads. if your D was so good you wouldnt be down so much every game

MagicBucsSox
04-27-2009, 04:12 AM

now to you. do you truly think that for the first team to try that. its not yall by far its shard and hedo etc missing their chances when they get them.

PennyMy#1
04-27-2009, 04:38 AM
Sorry Sixers-Fans, but after losing that game, and you deserved it to lose because we were the better team, it's funny that you NOW argue with the refs. When you guys outplayed us and beat us, Dwight wasn't travelling and getting better treatment, or what ? But if you lose, ok ... THEN ... the refs weren't calling fouls, travelling or whatever. I can understand that you're disappointed, but arguing that way is just ridiculous. You lost because you played bad. That's it !

I'm proud of my team. They stepped up in the right moment.

BChydro86
04-27-2009, 09:31 AM
like im so sick of you sixer people talkin about your defense, its so irking when your down double digits every , NO ,EVERY 4TH QUARTER, so dont talk about your defense when you down that much. its us fkning up losing leads. if your D was so good you wouldnt be down so much every game

our D is inconsistent. it has been all season. we dont turn it on until the 4th and we either make a comeback, or we dug ourselves too big a hole to get out of. its been the story of the sixers all season long.

that and willie green is a terrible basketball player and he needs to sit on the bench and never come off.

u need to get a grip on reality man, ur way too defensive over ur team. try having some real insight instead of making excuses and talking about how great ur team is.

BChydro86
04-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Sorry Sixers-Fans, but after losing that game, and you deserved it to lose because we were the better team, it's funny that you NOW argue with the refs. When you guys outplayed us and beat us, Dwight wasn't travelling and getting better treatment, or what ? But if you lose, ok ... THEN ... the refs weren't calling fouls, travelling or whatever. I can understand that you're disappointed, but arguing that way is just ridiculous. You lost because you played bad. That's it !

I'm proud of my team. They stepped up in the right moment.

there were a ****-ton of bogus calls in favor of orlando last night. ur blind if u didnt notice, or just a homer (id probably do the same thing if they called it in phillys favor, but they didnt).

kudos to the orlando magic for taking advantage of the breaks they got, and that was an amazing shot by turk to close it out.

but blaming the refs isnt ridiculous. they have a long history of prolonging series.

EX-TREME
04-27-2009, 11:29 AM
great game winner

btw how was the game i missed it

macc
04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Ok I'm seeing arguments from both sides that I don't think are entriely accurate. For one Philly is playing great Defense. When it comes to my Magic theres 2 ways you can play us, one is double teaming Howard and taking their chances with the 3 ball and the other way is just man to man and let Howard do his work inside. Philly has been playing man to man and running our guys off the 3pt line. Any Magic fan who isn't bias can see that Philly is changing the way we normally play. So much credit to them. I think teams will have a better chance at beating us when they do play man to man rather than doubling Howard because our guys aren't the greatest at creating their own shots other than Hedo & Lee, Lewis just shoots over the guy because of how tall he is and his high release. Tough to stop.

Fouls - people please stop using the refs as an excuse. When it comes down to it the reffing is pretty even on both sides. If you're a Philly fan you're going to take to heart every foul called on your team, same with the Magic. Basically what I'm saying if you're watching the game through the eyes of Philly then Magic is getting all the calls and if you're watching the game through the eyes of a Magic fan then you're thinking Philly is getting all the calls.

Howard prob gets away with some charges from time to time but that just means the guy guarding him is either in the paint or not letting Howard go through this chest. Howard is tough to guard. He comes at you, jumps through you and the foul gets called on his defender. With that being said watch it when Howard is trying to get a rebound. Consistantly he will have Philly players holding him down trying to get an advantage, that in it self is a foul everytime. Both teams get away with somthing, it's not just one or the other. When I think of bad officiated games I think of the 2001 series between the Lakers and the Kings, I'm sure some of you can remember that.

With that being said I like it when the refs let them play. Fouls annoy me and NBA players annoy me, they think every call is a foul and want to get bailed out everytime they miss a shot. Just play basketball. To me it seems the NBA is getting weaker and weaker every year. It's a physical sport, so let them play like it.

BChydro86
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Fouls - people please stop using the refs as an excuse. When it comes down to it the reffing is pretty even on both sides. If you're a Philly fan you're going to take to heart every foul called on your team, same with the Magic. Basically what I'm saying if you're watching the game through the eyes of Philly then Magic is getting all the calls and if you're watching the game through the eyes of a Magic fan then you're thinking Philly is getting all the calls.

Howard prob gets away with some charges from time to time but that just means the guy guarding him is either in the paint or not letting Howard go through this chest. Howard is tough to guard. He comes at you, jumps through you and the foul gets called on his defender. With that being said watch it when Howard is trying to get a rebound. Consistantly he will have Philly players holding him down trying to get an advantage, that in it self is a foul everytime. Both teams get away with somthing, it's not just one or the other. When I think of bad officiated games I think of the 2001 series between the Lakers and the Kings, I'm sure some of you can remember that.

With that being said I like it when the refs let them play. Fouls annoy me and NBA players annoy me, they think every call is a foul and want to get bailed out everytime they miss a shot. Just play basketball. To me it seems the NBA is getting weaker and weaker every year. It's a physical sport, so let them play like it.

if u honestly believe the fouls are being called evenly, then ur clearly not watching this series. i dont like using it as an excuse, but the officiating has been horribly lopsided in favor of orlando.

just because u say its been fair, doesnt make it true. it really hasnt been. and its been driving me crazy all series.

in game 4.... the sixers stopped driving to the basket because they were getting hacked all day by howard with no calls. yes, howard is an amazing defensive player and quite an intimidating force, but if u dont call half of his hacks, then ur just making it completely unfair for the opposition, who just happens to be a team that needs to get to the rim to be successful.

we have seen officials decide the outcome of playoff series in the past, so dont act like its not a legit concern.

macc
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
if u honestly believe the fouls are being called evenly, then ur clearly not watching this series. i dont like using it as an excuse, but the officiating has been horribly lopsided in favor of orlando.

just because u say its been fair, doesnt make it true. it really hasnt been. and its been driving me crazy all series.

in game 4.... the sixers stopped driving to the basket because they were getting hacked all day by howard with no calls. yes, howard is an amazing defensive player and quite an intimidating force, but if u dont call half of his hacks, then ur just making it completely unfair for the opposition, who just happens to be a team that needs to get to the rim to be successful.

we have seen officials decide the outcome of playoff series in the past, so dont act like its not a legit concern.

Ok I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. You're saying the officaiting is costing you the series? Was it the ref that was playing defense on Hedo at the end of the game? I will NEVER blame the refs on how my team plays. Now if its a bad call at the end of the game that changes the outcome than I can understand a bit.

Your team isn't driving because Howard is a beast and is swatting anything that comes near him. Howard is a force, you will have your player penatrating into the lane but then they'll bring it back because they see Howard standing right there. Hacks happen on both sides of the ball.

You keep bringing up Howard, seriously watch the game carefully and see how they defend Howard, since Howard is so much bigger than your Philly guys watch the little cheap stuff they do to try to get an edge. Watch it from an unbiased stand point and you will see. In any case I'm not going to use it as an excuse for a loss. I do have to point out one fact because it is kinda funny but you do realize that Philly shot 24 free throws and Orlando shot 22 this last game. So for a game that you're saying the refs are heavily favoring the Magic, wouldn't you think the Magic would have taken alot more free throws then Philly? Your argument makes abosultely no sense.

You can blame the refs all series long but ultimately I'm a firm believer that the better team will win a 7 game series reguardless of the small impact the refs have.

If you're watching the same series I am Orlando is getting these big 10-18 point leads but not closing the game out. Hopefully they can adust and blow out Philly like they should have been doing this entire time.

BChydro86
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Ok I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. You're saying the officaiting is costing you the series? Was it the ref that was playing defense on Hedo at the end of the game? I will NEVER blame the refs on how my team plays. Now if its a bad call at the end of the game that changes the outcome than I can understand a bit.

Your team isn't driving because Howard is a beast and is swatting anything that comes near him. Howard is a force, you will have your player penatrating into the lane but then they'll bring it back because they see Howard standing right there. Hacks happen on both sides of the ball.

You keep bringing up Howard, seriously watch the game carefully and see how they defend Howard, since Howard is so much bigger than your Philly guys watch the little cheap stuff they do to try to get an edge. Watch it from an unbiased stand point and you will see. In any case I'm not going to use it as an excuse for a loss. I do have to point out one fact because it is kinda funny but you do realize that Philly shot 24 free throws and Orlando shot 22 this last game. So for a game that you're saying the refs are heavily favoring the Magic, wouldn't you think the Magic would have taken alot more free throws then Philly? Your argument makes abosultely no sense.

You can blame the refs all series long but ultimately I'm a firm believer that the better team will win a 7 game series reguardless of the small impact the refs have.

If you're watching the same series I am Orlando is getting these big 10-18 point leads but not closing the game out. Hopefully they can adust and blow out Philly like they should have been doing this entire time.

- you mean like how iggy was fouled on that last second 3 to tie the game? or how the refs ALMOST sent game 3 into overtime when they didnt call a foul on howard in the last play of the game when he jumped all over thad young? luckily he had a nice spin move out of there.

- true, but hes still hacking the hell out of our penetrators....these are not clean blocks hes getting. hes also been fouling the crap out of reggie evans and theo when theyre in the game....no calls... especially against evans.

-i will check that out, but when guys are as strong as howard, u have to find ways to hold ground. i honestly havent seen them doing any cheap stuff to him.

-well thats actually a bigger difference than u think. orlando is a jump shooting team, getting to the line isnt part of ur teams game plan. the sixers entire game plan is based on attacking the rim and getting to the line. my argument makes sense when u see all the missed calls, we should have been on the line a lot more than 24 times.

-how do u explain portland and sacramento both getting screwed by the refs in the western conference finals in 2000 and 2002 respectively. the refs can screw the better team out of a series. or how about the cavs-wizards series a few years ago where lebron was allowed to take 4 steps in 2 different games to win the series at the last second of both games.

sNaKeS
04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
- you mean like how iggy was fouled on that last second 3 to tie the game? or how the refs ALMOST sent game 3 into overtime when they didnt call a foul on howard in the last play of the game when he jumped all over thad young? luckily he had a nice spin move out of there.

- true, but hes still hacking the hell out of our penetrators....these are not clean blocks hes getting. hes also been fouling the crap out of reggie evans and theo when theyre in the game....no calls... especially against evans.

-i will check that out, but when guys are as strong as howard, u have to find ways to hold ground. i honestly havent seen them doing any cheap stuff to him.

-well thats actually a bigger difference than u think. orlando is a jump shooting team, getting to the line isnt part of ur teams game plan. the sixers entire game plan is based on attacking the rim and getting to the line. my argument makes sense when u see all the missed calls, we should have been on the line a lot more than 24 times.

-how do u explain portland and sacramento both getting screwed by the refs in the western conference finals in 2000 and 2002 respectively. the refs can screw the better team out of a series. or how about the cavs-wizards series a few years ago where lebron was allowed to take 4 steps in 2 different games to win the series at the last second of both games.

What the hell are you on and where can I get some? Iguodala didn't get hit on the final 3 pointer of the game and even if he did, he would not have made 3 foul shots in a row cause he has been garbage from the line all series. And if you looked at the damn replay from game 3 you see that howard knocked the ball out of his hands, how about evans, dalembert, and ratliff all over howard. Shut up and quit complaining about the damn refs:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

macc
04-27-2009, 05:39 PM

I don't agree that Howard is just hacking every guy that comes into the lane, do you have vid of this? Any proof at all? Howard used to get into foul trouble alot earlier in his career and he has changed the way he plays defense alot. If somone drives and he knows he's right under the basket then all he does it put his hands up. That call you're talking about Iggy missing wasn't a foul, check out the replay, hands straight up in the air in that case as well.

It shouldn't matter how strong Howard is, a foul is a foul and if a guy is trying to get a rebound and he has one or two other defenders with their hands on Howards shoulders or just holding him period, that should be called. That's a consistant no call on Howard throughout the series. He'll get the call maybe 5% of the time, the other 95% of the time he's not getting it.

But for a 3rd time I'm not going to use reffing as an excuse for a loss. I'm only pointing that out because you think its only Philly getting screwed on calls. It works both ways. If you take an unbias person watching the series they'll tell you the same thing. But once again Philly shot MORE free throws than Orlando last game but yet the officiating isn't fair? I just don't see your reasoning on that one. I guarentee Howard gets fouled on 99% of his shots that he takes. So it's a give and take thing there. Don't pick and choose where to make a point. BOTH teams get good calls and BOTH teams get bad calls. As long as they are consistant then that's all that matters.

Me personally I like seeing no calls, this is the playoffs they are supposed to be able to bang a little more. I'm not one of those fans that complains about every nocall, as long as they are on both sides it makes for more exciting basketball to watch.

BChydro86
04-27-2009, 07:10 PM
im fine with no calls.....im against bad calls. also, ur probably right about howard. its the same as shaq back in the day. he gets away with hacks because he takes so much abuse on the other end. but the guy does throw his weight around....he commits a lot of offensive fouls that dont get called also.

like a charge that should be a block....and vice versa. those are where the refs have been killing the sixers in this series.

the magic have done a great job capitalizing on those possessions. maybe im just paranoid, but it seems that whenever the sixers are winning or making a run. the refs seems to make a bad call and that ends the run the sixers were on, and the magic gain momentum.

edit: i know you dont think its relevent to this series, and it may not be, but u have to admit from my examples that referees have decided the outcome of playoff series in the past.

macc
04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
im fine with no calls.....im against bad calls. also, ur probably right about howard. its the same as shaq back in the day. he gets away with hacks because he takes so much abuse on the other end. but the guy does throw his weight around....he commits a lot of offensive fouls that dont get called also.

like a charge that should be a block....and vice versa. those are where the refs have been killing the sixers in this series.

the magic have done a great job capitalizing on those possessions. maybe im just paranoid, but it seems that whenever the sixers are winning or making a run. the refs seems to make a bad call and that ends the run the sixers were on, and the magic gain momentum.

edit: i know you dont think its relevent to this series, and it may not be, but u have to admit from my examples that referees have decided the outcome of playoff series in the past.

I don't know man. I think refs are human and will always make mistakes. I don't like a bad call as much as the next guy but I do truley believe in a 7 game series, bad calls and all the better team will win 99% of the time. In any case it's been a fun series to watch and I enjoy chatting with you Philly fans. Hopefully the next couple games will be just as exciting.

BChydro86
04-27-2009, 10:40 PM
this post does not directly involve the sixers/magic series:

i also believe in a 7-game series, but i also believe that david stern runs a fixed league. things like the portland/lakers series in 2000 and the kings/lakers in 2002 just dont happen unless the NBA is pushing the big market teams and superstar players into the finals.

i dont trust the NBA... one guy even got caught, and nobody seemed to care.

sNaKeS
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
this post does not directly involve the sixers/magic series:

i also believe in a 7-game series, but i also believe that david stern runs a fixed league. things like the portland/lakers series in 2000 and the kings/lakers in 2002 just dont happen unless the NBA is pushing the big market teams and superstar players into the finals.

i dont trust the NBA... one guy even got caught, and nobody seemed to care.

Yea....but come on, the magic vs. the 76ers? If anything, the nba wants orlando out cause you never hear about orlando on espn. It's always lebron and the cavs and the defending champs the boston celtics and kobe and the lakers, nobody cares about the rest of the league. Actually, now that I think about it, isn't it weird that the cavs swept the pistons and every other series in the east now is 2-2? You may be right with the refs in that they want the cavs to be fresh and rested against who they play next and whoever they run into in the finals, but that's thinking too much and I don't think their fixing this series.

pd7631
04-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I think the one thing we can all agree on is that Lebron James is the biggest recipient of star treatment in the history of the NBA. The guy gets away with absolutely everything.

MAC10TIZZY
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
...you guys need to chill.....stop whining about the refs...the only person in the league that gets extra extra special calls is lebron....if your team can not respond by one bad call, then that is your teams fault and not the refs, it happens to everyone...its starting to turn into a sap party........

PennyMy#1
04-28-2009, 05:26 AM
there were a ****-ton of bogus calls in favor of orlando last night. ur blind if u didnt notice, or just a homer (id probably do the same thing if they called it in phillys favor, but they didnt).

kudos to the orlando magic for taking advantage of the breaks they got, and that was an amazing shot by turk to close it out.

but blaming the refs isnt ridiculous. they have a long history of prolonging series.

I do understand you here. It's not that problem to me to discuss bad refs. We all know they're out there. But, you know, it's the one thing to say, the refs we're a disadvantage (every team has to deal with maybe except the Cavs and baby Bron-Bron) or to say, you lost the game beacuse of them.

I read your other posts and think, you don't want the refs to be an excuse (as you said) for the loss but they were a disadvantage that your team forced to play different. Right ? It surely is the biggest crap that can happen to you in the playoffs, but ... like I said ... every other team has to deal with bad calls, too. Mostly, for sure, not both teams in the same game. But I'm sure, the Magic will get the bad calls back. Maybe next game or whenever ...

But I'm pretty sure, and I hope you agree with me here, the Magic didn't won because of the refs. They played better and Turk and Shard stepped up in the right moment.

sNaKeS
04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Hold it i'm already calling it, the game is in the 4th quarter so it's not over yet and i'm gonna say that the reason philly wins, if they win, is because they fought back and deserved to win this game and if orlando wins it's because of the refs right hydro?

BChydro86
04-28-2009, 10:12 PM
nope.....not this game. we had no energy tonight. terrible game by philly.

u guys killed us on the offensive rebounds....and that was the game.

MagicBucsSox
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
why the hell is jj in the game n not petie or richardson, he's jacking 3s with 20secs on the clock.

lol i hope dwight not suspended game6 for that elbow

macc
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Good game, Orlando needed a convincing win. Finally Lewis playing well. Howard 24 pts 24 rebounds. Most rebounds in an Orlando Magic playoff game.

sNaKeS
04-28-2009, 10:44 PM
This is what I hate about philly and their announcers/post game analysts, their not focusing on the game and congratulating orlando but they're already lobbying for howard to be suspended for the next game and I really hope orlando just crushes them without howard on thursday cause they are acting like spoiled brats right now.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 10:59 PM
This is what I hate about philly and their announcers/post game analysts, their not focusing on the game and congratulating orlando but they're already lobbying for howard to be suspended for the next game and I really hope orlando just crushes them without howard on thursday cause they are acting like spoiled brats right now.

spoiled brats?

Your guy throws a blatant elbow at our guy, and we're spoiled brats. You guys are the spoiled brats because the NBA spoiled you guys by not ejecting Howard right away.

Violent acts of any nature on the court will not be tolerated. Players involved in altercations will be ejected, fined and/or suspended.

Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

Yeah, we're spoiled brats because the refs continue to favor you guys by completely disregarding the NBA rule book.

sNaKeS
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
spoiled brats?

Your guy throws a blatant elbow at our guy, and we're spoiled brats. You guys are the spoiled brats because the NBA spoiled you guys by not ejecting Howard right away.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

Yeah, we're spoiled brats because the refs continue to favor you guys by completely disregarding the NBA rule book.

So when dalembert tried to throw howard during that rebound that means nothing but an elbow that barely moved sammy's head is a "violent" act? Get out of here they know the only way the sixers can win is if howard's out. We'll let the nba deal with that, but wtf is with the post game analysts on comcast, instead of talking about the game, they talk about something that happened in the first couple possessions? If it really meant that much to them then they should have played with more passion afterwards. Let me ask you this should rondo be suspended for the next game against the bulls cause he "violently" attacked brad miller's head at the end of their game?

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
So when dalembert tried to throw howard during that rebound that means nothing but an elbow that barely moved sammy's head is a "violent" act? Get out of here they know the only way the sixers can win is if howard's out. We'll let the nba deal with that, but wtf is with the post game analysts on comcast, instead of talking about the game, they talk about something that happened in the first couple possessions? If it really meant that much to them then they should have played with more passion afterwards. Let me ask you this should rondo be suspended for the next game against the bulls cause he "violently" attacked brad miller's head at the end of their game?

Well, the rule book says that any elbow thrown above the shoulder should result in an immediate ejection. If the refs followed the rules then Howard would've been out of the game in the 1st quarter, thus changing the complexion of the entire game. So it was kind of a big deal. And I never realised until this series how much of a whiner SVG is.....Shaq was right about that guy. I didn't agree with Shaq at first, but I see where he's coming from now.

MAC10TIZZY
04-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Well, the rule book says that any elbow thrown above the shoulder should result in an immediate ejection. If the refs followed the rules then Howard would've been out of the game in the 1st quarter, thus changing the complexion of the entire game. So it was kind of a big deal. And I never realised until this series how much of a whiner SVG is.....Shaq was right about that guy. I didn't agree with Shaq at first, but I see where he's coming from now.

svg is a winner, actually he coached three players to the all star game...got runner up for COACH OF THE YEAR... those are two accomplishments that your coach will NEVER even smell...your coach is a baby, called us out on natioanal tv, and so svg did what any single one of us would of done, called him out, and call him out even better...1-0 svg........

sNaKeS
04-28-2009, 11:51 PM

As i said earlier in my other post, we'll let the nba deal with it and whatever they say goes and I won't argue with it, but what i'm saying and you know what i'm talking about if you have comcast and that was the only channel the game was on (come to think of it, all but ONE game was on comcast or nbatv but that's another matter) in our area then if you saw the post game analysts i'm saying their job is to talk about the game and what was done well and not so well by philly blah blah blah, but the only thing they talked about was an elbow "thrown" when the game was 6-2. Seriously, I would suck up my pride as an orlando fan and do what they do if I got paid for it! That's my beef with them, but as I said we'll let the nba deal with it and whatever they decide on I'll accept it regardless of the outcome. Other than that, it was a good game and I look forward to game 6. Good Luck.

pd7631
04-28-2009, 11:57 PM
^^well, hopefully the NBA does the right thing and suspends Howard. He should've been ejected immediately tonight, but that's in the past. He should be suspended for Game 6, hopefully we come out with energy and force a Game 7, and then the series can be decided as it should be, with both sides at full strength in a deciding Game 7.

sNaKeS
04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
^^well, hopefully the NBA does the right thing and suspends Howard. He should've been ejected immediately tonight, but that's in the past. He should be suspended for Game 6, hopefully we come out with energy and force a Game 7, and then the series can be decided as it should be, with both sides at full strength in a deciding Game 7.

Don't forget a more rested and pissed off dwight howard, if it goes to game 7.

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Does anyone have any insight on courtney lee's injury? I hope it's not serious.

pd7631
04-29-2009, 12:01 AM

well if he's gonna be pissed off and more aggressive, then the smart thing for us to do is to get our feet planted and take the shoulders he throws right in the chest and get him in foul trouble

pd7631
04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Does anyone have any insight on courtney lee's injury? I hope it's not serious.

they said that he was gonna have a CAT scan, so I would imagine he probably he suffered a pretty good concussion

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 12:29 AM

getting dwight pissed off could end up as a sixer advantage.

maybe hell get frustrated easier and hell commit more offensive fouls.

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 12:46 AM
they said that he was gonna have a CAT scan, so I would imagine he probably he suffered a pretty good concussion

Yea I heard he went to the hospital but early signs are that it might just be a mild concussion and nothing serious which is good for the magic. As I said with howard, we'll wait and see......and pray he can play cause I don't want to see reddick get some serious minutes guarding green or miller who would torch him.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM
i think if they were gonna suspend him they would have already done it! david stern was at the game so he saw everything! great game last night! man is anyone else tired of philly complaining about everything bc bad calls are going both ways!! stop being such bad sports!!

MagicBucsSox
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
philly is beeyotching because the end is near.they're at the best and we're at our worst and we have them in checkmate

they're coacch doesnt even get paid and he's acting like he dont know superstars get away with murder.dwights getting the calls shaq use to

tugboat424
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Just read on ESPN.com that Courtney Lee has a cracked sinus and is out for game 6. Also it says that his status for the rest of the playoffs is uncertain...oh boy. What happened, I couldn't see the game?

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM
^^ dwight howard elbowed him on the top of his head.

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
philly is beeyotching because the end is near.they're at the best and we're at our worst and we have them in checkmate

they're coacch doesnt even get paid and he's acting like he dont know superstars get away with murder.dwights getting the calls shaq use to

were *****ing because we legitimately feel like we are being screwed in this series. u guys are all just blocking the truth out of ur mind because u want to win.

theres nothing wrong with that by the way. most teams do it. especially the cavs and lakers fans.

sNaKeS
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
^ I think both sides are kind of at a wash with the calls from the refs cause we all know the refs are sleeping during this series with howard and his 3 second vio's and dalembert, evans, and ratliff tying up with howard down low every game, so let that go. Now with courtney lee........damn. Pietrus and redick need to step up big time for orlando to win, especially if howard isn't able to go. I still think orlando wins game 6, but it should be good.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 01:12 PM
lee has a fractured sinus he will be out game 6. lets take this one for lee!!!

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 01:17 PM
^ I think both sides are kind of at a wash with the calls from the refs cause we all know the refs are sleeping during this series with howard and his 3 second vio's and dalembert, evans, and ratliff tying up with howard down low every game, so let that go. Now with courtney lee........damn. Pietrus and redick need to step up big time for orlando to win, especially if howard isn't able to go. I still think orlando wins game 6, but it should be good.

id gladly have them call each and every foul we commit to howard down low if theyd call traveling and 3-seconds on him. wed get at least 15 extra possessions.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 01:38 PM
lol i just want a game where they let them play! its a physical game and people are gonna get hit! look at the nuggets and hornets! they kill chris paul and they let it go! its the playoff and everyone is going to play tough

BChydro86
04-29-2009, 01:45 PM
what does traveling and 3-second violations have to do with playing physical?

those arent the calls u let go for the playoffs. yeh, u gotta let the big men beat each other up in the playoffs, but 3-seconds and traveling are things u gotta call.

magicbucs4eva
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
both teams are gettin bad calls!

pd7631
04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Congratulations Magic fans. The cream finally rose to the top in this series, it just took a little longer than everyone expected.

Your coach is still a douche though lol...but seriously he is

EX-TREME
04-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Congratulations Magic fans. The cream finally rose to the top in this series, it just took a little longer than everyone expected.

Your coach is still a douche though lol...but seriously he is

you gave us a really tough series. i thought we would sweep you guys but you proved us wrong. heck you even made me believe that you were going to win the series.

props for you guys. you are a great team. you will be a scary team next season.

pd7631
04-30-2009, 10:24 PM
you gave us a really tough series. i thought we would sweep you guys but you proved us wrong. heck you even made me believe that you were going to win the series.

That's real nice of you to say, but I gotta be honest, our team is a bunch of gutless losers. I would have rather played 4 close games and been swept, than winning a couple of games and then showing the effort(or lack thereof) in an elimination game at home.

When Allen Iverson was here this kind of **** never happened. The guys we have now have no heart, show no emotion, and just flat out don't give good enough effort.

pd7631
04-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Anyways..I'm a man of my word, and before the series started I said I would be rooting for you guys if you beat us. Good luck the rest of the way, and please take out the Lebrons in the ECF's

PhillyForLife90
04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Good series guys, best of luck the rest of the way.

tugboat424
04-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Again, I couldn't see the game but I saw some hilights on sportscenter....looked like Dalembert and Turk were getting into it. What is it with Dalembert? Once with Howard I could understand Howard just being frustrated, but again with Turk makes me wonder? Does he do this kind of thing a lot? For being as rail thin as he is, I wouldn't think he would try to be a tough guy...

pd7631
04-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Again, I couldn't see the game but I saw some hilights on sportscenter....looked like Dalembert and Turk were getting into it. What is it with Dalembert? Once with Howard I could understand Howard just being frustrated, but again with Turk makes me wonder? Does he do this kind of thing a lot? For being as rail thin as he is, I wouldn't think he would try to be a tough guy...

Samuel Dalembert never mixes it up with other guys. Turkoglu came right at Sam and then Sam started saying stuff and actually laughing at Turkoglu. No offense, but Hedo seems like he can be a bit of a hot head.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the replay, Sam gave Hedo a little bit of an elbow. Definitely out of frustration, but he can't do that. Whatever, we don't want Sam in Philly anyway...he's ****ing ********.

sNaKeS
04-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Great series philly fans and good luck next year. Oh yea and pd7631 we will come through if LeBrick even makes the ECF.

pd7631
05-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Great series philly fans and good luck next year. Oh yea and pd7631 we will come through if LeBrick even makes the ECF.

Good. I'd like to see Dwight lay an elbow into Lebrick James instead of Samuel "biggest **** on the face of the earth" Dalembert

MagicBucsSox
05-01-2009, 01:48 AM
if dwight elbows lebron like that , we wont see him til next season. the league's gonna protect their boy

MagicBucsSox
05-01-2009, 01:52 AM

what? its nothing gonna be scary about them, theyve stunk since 01 and whem miller leaves ttheyre gonna tank, it wasnt a tough series, they never convincingly beat us, we lost both those games

Ender
05-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Classy of orlando fans to come into the 76ers forum right after the game and rub it in while the body's still warm.

Stan Van Gundy complaining about somebody whining is like... well, there really is no proper analogy for it since it's off the charts ironic. That guy makes Rasheed Wallace look like Robert parish.

magicbucs4eva
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
the series is over u can make remarks about SVG but it doesnt matter bc were moving on

macc
05-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Anyone got a link to the post game interviews?

Edit: Nevermind found it

Ender
05-01-2009, 03:30 PM
the series is over u can make remarks about SVG but it doesnt matter bc were moving on

Gosh, thanks. I hadn't gleaned that from the 50 or so gloating posts in the 76ers forum.

Orlando was the better team, no one is trying to dispute that. My remark was solely aimed at the 2nd grade-ish conduct of Magic fans and the tin-eared response of the coach who is the last person on Earth who should call anybody out on whining.

Regardless, it was a good series for 4 of the 6 games. I look forward to many years of a Magic-76ers rivalry.

MagicBucsSox
05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
omg its not a rivalry when there's dominance on one side

pd7631
05-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Gosh, thanks. I hadn't gleaned that from the 50 or so gloating posts in the 76ers forum.

Orlando was the better team, no one is trying to dispute that. My remark was solely aimed at the 2nd grade-ish conduct of Magic fans and the tin-eared response of the coach who is the last person on Earth who should call anybody out on whining.

Regardless, it was a good series for 4 of the 6 games. I look forward to many years of a Magic-76ers rivalry.

There isn't gonna be any rivalry considering our team is going down the toilet right now.

Ender
05-02-2009, 02:50 AM
omg its not a rivalry when there's dominance on one side

There isn't gonna be any rivalry considering our team is going down the toilet right now.

It's also not a rivalry when my team has won a championship or two and your team didn't exist before 1990.

macc
05-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Hey man as depressed as you were about your loss was = to how excited we were about blowing you out w/o Howard, so yes you're going to get some blow back from the game in some posts. With all the trash talking between us and you we had to give you one more "I told you so" speech. Plus I don't think Magic fans were that bad, we could have been alot worse considering the things you guys said to us. In any case, I don't mind some trash talk, makes our convos more interesting and it makes us look that much better when we won.

Stay Classy
Macc

sNaKeS
05-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Bring on the celtics!!!!!!

MagicBucsSox
05-03-2009, 12:24 AM
It's also not a rivalry when my team has won a championship or two and your team didn't exist before 1990.

ok youve been around since the start of basketball, when the ball had laces and have 1 title to show for. not much to brag about especially when we havent existed in bball as long as you

Hawaiian Raider
05-15-2009, 03:39 AM
If Celtics had KG this series would be over allready. It doesn't matter who wins game 7, Cavs will have their way with them!!! Sorry Orlando, not a chance in hell you guys get a championship this year.

PennyMy#1
05-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Jealous ?

sNaKeS
05-15-2009, 08:39 AM
If Celtics had KG this series would be over allready. It doesn't matter who wins game 7, Cavs will have their way with them!!! Sorry Orlando, not a chance in hell you guys get a championship this year.

You know he's right. With KG that's an extra 20 points and 8 rebounds a game I mean orlando wouldn't be able to handle that. And with "big baby" and scalabrine dropping 30 points combined WHILE SITTING ON THE BENCH. Hey moron why don't you actually research your answer before talking **** cause if you noticed, when KG plays the celtics average 12 points less than when he's not playing. How about this one, if the magic had jameer nelson this series would be over. Orlando lost just as much as the celtics, actually more cause KG went down after the all star break and nelson was out before the all star break, and he was probably either the best or 2nd best point guard in the eastern conference when he went down so don't come in here and say that KG means the difference for the celtics when the magic lost someone also.

macc
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
^^^^^Actually KG only avgs like 15.8 points a game for the Celtics and Nelson avg 16.7, so when you look at it statisticly we are both out the same amount of points, as well as floor leadership.

macc
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Test to see if my new sig loads...

MagicBucsSox
05-16-2009, 10:59 AM
^^^^^Actually KG only avgs like 15.8 points a game for the Celtics and Nelson avg 16.7, so when you look at it statisticly we are both out the same amount of points, as well as floor leadership.

u sound like a straight idiot. i must have missed it when nelon becme a great player and leader like kg. he only avg 15 because he chooses too,he dont need to be the main guy in boston offensively..

why does jameer nelson get so much love from magic fans but yet dwight get threads questioning his skills and heart.

macc
05-16-2009, 12:14 PM
u sound like a straight idiot. i must have missed it when nelon becme a great player and leader like kg. he only avg 15 because he chooses too,he dont need to be the main guy in boston offensively..

why does jameer nelson get so much love from magic fans but yet dwight get threads questioning his skills and heart.

Losing a PG is much worse than any other position in basketball, obviously Nelson isn't on the same level as Garnett but his importance to the team is higher imo. Your pg is the floor general and runs the offense. Your pg has the ball more than any other player on the floor. When Boston lost Garnett they didn't miss much of a beat, they were STILL blowing teams away and here they are in the 2nd round w/ us. Boston would of been much worse off if they would have lost Rondo instead of Garnett, did you see how bad Bostons offense was when they didn't have Rondo in the lineup? Did you see how bad we played and how terrible our offense flowed when Nelson was out and we had to rely on just AJ?

Nelson was shooting over 50% from the field, over 45% from 3 and somthing like 86% freethrow, as well as making big shots for us down the stretch, thats not an easy hole to fill.

Garnett is gone and now you have Baby and Perkins stepping up and doing a good job at it. They lose Rondo even w/ Garnett and they are done.

So if you're telling me losing a PF is a bigger blow then losing your PG then I'm sorry, YOU'RE the idiot my friend.

On Howard. I don't see people testing his heart but yes people will test his skill set. If you're a reaslistic Magic fan then you would be blind if you don't see that Howard doesn't have many offensive post moves. Yes i'm sure he'll get more in the future but as of right now he's not a guy you can give the ball to and just clear out. He's limited in his offensive skill set. Thats why people say he shoudlnt' be our goto guy down the stretch at certain times because it's true. Unless he has good position under the basket theres a good chance the ball isn't going in.

ManRam
05-16-2009, 12:37 PM
To add on to what macc said...

First off, I disagree that losing Nelson is more hurtful than losing KG. Both are great offensively, but KG's defense is too important. KG also provides a huge match up problem for the Magic. Shard guarding KG is a lot worse than him guarding Scal and Big Baby. But KG guarding Shard is infinitely worse than what the current PFs bring to the table defensively. Especially since Hedo is struggling, KG guarding Shard would spell doom for us.

I love Jameer, and MagicBucsSox, you're crazy if you haven't realized his importance to the team. Ask Dwight who the team leader is,who runs the offense and who the only player on the Magic is that makes Dwight Howard better. It's Jameer. Jameer and Dwight's chemistry is ridiculous. Dwight isn't the player you can just give the ball to and expect him to score. No one knows this better than Jameer, and know one can create good shots for Dwight better than Jameer. Rafer has been a huge liability at times.

Jameer is the heart and soul of our offense. Right now, especially with Hedo struggling, we have no real play makers on offense. Jameer was that guy.

I love what Rick Bucher wrote on Howard and Alston...

The caterwauling over Dwight Howard not getting touches, for two reasons: one, their offense hasn't run through him all year, so why is it suddenly an issue that it's not going through him at crunch time in a playoff game? Two, the Rockets traded Rafer Alston in part because he wouldn't, or couldn't, consistently get the ball to Yao Ming. Why would anybody think he wouldn't be just as quick to look off Howard, who has half Yao's offensive ability?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Dwight needs Jameer...and the Magic need Jameer to run the offense.

And some facts...

Only two guards had a higher FG% this year than Jameer: Parker, Brewer
Only one person in the league shot better from 3: Anthony Morrow

Not to mention his clutchness (#1 on the magic in production per 48 Minutes of Clutch Time).

But KG still means more to his team, and the match ups, than Jameer does.

macc
05-16-2009, 12:51 PM
^^^ well yes if you just look at it for this series. I agree with everything you said when it comes to us matching up against them w/ a Garnett. My point was in a regular season, or even in playoffs, losing a PG is more important then losing a PF because the point runs the offense. You have to realize how big of a role the pg's job is for a team. Not only are they running an offense but they have to get their players in the fav spots to shoot the ball. Think about it, do you think Rafer knew the spots on the floor where Lewis likes to catch and shoot? Or even Turk? Or all the players for that matter? This is a huge role and huge part of an offense that the PG must learn.

I know Garnett is better then Nelson. Theres no argument there. But let me ask whoever wants to answer this a question.

Would Boston have a better record w/o Garnett or w/o Rondo? Hopefully people watched how Boston played when they didn't have Rondo in the lineup, one of those games were even against the Magic so I'm sure most of you have at least watched that one. Did you see how bad Bostons offense flowed? I almost felt bad for them while we were playing them because it wasn't even a fair match.

But I'll play devils advocate against myself and my opinion..

Losing Garnett is worse in the aspect of defense because he is the defesive leader and anchor on the team. With that being said I think it's easier to work together and battle that injury through team defense then it is to replace your all star point guard who knows your offense inside and out. Savy

MagicBucsSox
05-16-2009, 01:52 PM
if nelson is so great and we need him so bad why did the magic maintain success and never skipped a beat? all he do is the same thing they all do on orlando shoot 3. he's D sucks and he's a liability. you people down alston saying oh he doesnt get dwight the ball when he's the only one who does. theu average the same assists and raf has better Defense by FARRRRRR. like im sick of the jameer lovefest he's not our heart in soul he's not clutch so idk where you get that from when hedo has the ball always in clutch moments

MagicBucsSox
05-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Losing a PG is much worse than any other position in basketball, obviously Nelson isn't on the same level as Garnett but his importance to the team is higher imo. Your pg is the floor general and runs the offense. Your pg has the ball more than any other player on the floor. When Boston lost Garnett they didn't miss much of a beat, they were STILL blowing teams away and here they are in the 2nd round w/ us. Boston would of been much worse off if they would have lost Rondo instead of Garnett, did you see how bad Bostons offense was when they didn't have Rondo in the lineup? Did you see how bad we played and how terrible our offense flowed when Nelson was out and we had to rely on just AJ?

Nelson was shooting over 50% from the field, over 45% from 3 and somthing like 86% freethrow, as well as making big shots for us down the stretch, thats not an easy hole to fill.

Garnett is gone and now you have Baby and Perkins stepping up and doing a good job at it. They lose Rondo even w/ Garnett and they are done.

So if you're telling me losing a PF is a bigger blow then losing your PG then I'm sorry, YOU'RE the idiot my friend.

On Howard. I don't see people testing his heart but yes people will test his skill set. If you're a reaslistic Magic fan then you would be blind if you don't see that Howard doesn't have many offensive post moves. Yes i'm sure he'll get more in the future but as of right now he's not a guy you can give the ball to and just clear out. He's limited in his offensive skill set. Thats why people say he shoudlnt' be our goto guy down the stretch at certain times because it's true. Unless he has good position under the basket theres a good chance the ball isn't going in.

like your comparing a 1st Ballot HOF leadership to nelson. what mvp do nelson got? name an award he got? name a team he's lead? it has nothing to do with position,its the player. we replaced nelson like easily with skip. celtics replace kg with scalabrine. need i say more. kg means more then stats

macc
05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
^^^^ The only reason we didn't skip "much" of a beat is because of Alston. Alston is a vet who knows how to handle an offense, with that being said he doesn't have the chemistry with Howard and co that Nelson did. How many ally oops do you see Alston throwing D12 for easy buckets nowadays?

We'll just have to disagree on Nelson, I don't know which Magic team you have been watching all year but I watched every single game except for maybe 2-3 and Nelson was knocking down big shots all year long, esp in the 4th quarter and at the end of games. Hense the reason Nelson shot over 50% fg and 45% 3 pt range. You just can't argue stats brother.

Ok let me ask you this, do you think Orlando would be where they are now if we didn't pick up Alston and just had AJ and Lue at the point? hmmmmmmmm prob not right...

macc
05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
like your comparing a 1st Ballot HOF leadership to nelson. what mvp do nelson got? name an award he got? name a team he's lead? it has nothing to do with position,its the player. we replaced nelson like easily with skip. celtics replace kg with scalabrine. need i say more. kg means more then stats

You completely missed my ENTIRE point. Plus you didn't rebut ANY of my statements as far as pg importance. Plus you didn't even answer my question, do you really think Boston would be better if they lost Rondo and not Garnett?

If you're going to debate me rebut my statements, don't go off in your own little direction about Garnetts MVP award which has absultely NOTHING to do with what we're talking about in team chemistry and which position is more important and why. Savy

ManRam
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM
if nelson is so great and we need him so bad why did the magic maintain success and never skipped a beat? all he do is the same thing they all do on orlando shoot 3. he's D sucks and he's a liability. you people down alston saying oh he doesnt get dwight the ball when he's the only one who does. theu average the same assists and raf has better Defense by FARRRRRR. like im sick of the jameer lovefest he's not our heart in soul he's not clutch so idk where you get that from when hedo has the ball always in clutch moments

The Magic were 23-12 after Nelson went down. 36-11 before he did. Not a huge drop off, but a drop off none-the-less. Without Nelson, we averaged 94 points a game compared to the 101 we averaged for the year. That's a huge difference. Probably about 10 points a game with vs. without. With Jameer we gave up 94.5 points a game compared to 94.4 on the year. There's no drop off on defense there. And if you think Rafer is a good defender, you're crazy.

Again, Dwight has said it all year...Jameer is the team leader and the toughest player. He is the heart and soul of the offense. You're arguing against Otis, SVG, Dwight and the rest of the team dude. Do you expect us to believe you over them?

And he is clutch. http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
He averages 34.7 points per 48 minutes of clutch time (4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points). Lewis is second, at 28 points, Turk is third on the team at 26.6, followed by Howard at 19.7 and Alston is all the way down there at 17.6.

When the game is on the line and Jameer is in the game...good things happen. When he's not, teams can just focus solely on Hedo...because we only have one playmaking option.

EX-TREME
05-16-2009, 06:03 PM

you are questionnings nelsons leadership. everybody is questions dwights skillset. he chose to become a great player because he needed to become more aggresive player then a inconsistent player. nelson doesn't need too become main guy because dwight is our franchise

have you been watching the 07-08 magic teaem while aj and t-lue been taking the control. his D has improved in the offseason but many fails to recognize it. skip is a bit better defender. assist have nothing to do with getting dwight the ball. nelson is trying to get dwight more involve in offense then alston. dwight is not very good when it comes to create his own offense. he is clutch. hedo is also clutch but nelson is first in pp 48 min clutch stats

MagicBucsSox
05-16-2009, 06:28 PM
^^^^ The only reason we didn't skip "much" of a beat is because of Alston. Alston is a vet who knows how to handle an offense, with that being said he doesn't have the chemistry with Howard and co that Nelson did. How many ally oops do you see Alston throwing D12 for easy buckets nowadays?

We'll just have to disagree on Nelson, I don't know which Magic team you have been watching all year but I watched every single game except for maybe 2-3 and Nelson was knocking down big shots all year long, esp in the 4th quarter and at the end of games. Hense the reason Nelson shot over 50% fg and 45% 3 pt range. You just can't argue stats brother.

Ok let me ask you this, do you think Orlando would be where they are now if we didn't pick up Alston and just had AJ and Lue at the point? hmmmmmmmm prob not right...

thats unfair to the topic because nelson n dwight where drafted so day so they should have more chemistry. and you keep talking about THIS YEAR, because nelson balled this yr dont make him great nor make him a leader,im not ssaying he stinks but you guys give him the same hype as if he's d-will or cp3. hell even rondo. now to your question KG is the definite answer. im sure you remember rondo before kg last yr? kg is the reasoning for his maturation. had it been rondo that went down they had steph to step in and just run the O thru kg.

rapjuicer06
05-16-2009, 07:00 PM
^^^ since that worked out great the first time around

ManRam
05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
thats unfair to the topic because nelson n dwight where drafted so day so they should have more chemistry. and you keep talking about THIS YEAR, because nelson balled this yr dont make him great nor make him a leader,im not ssaying he stinks but you guys give him the same hype as if he's d-will or cp3. hell even rondo. now to your question KG is the definite answer. im sure you remember rondo before kg last yr? kg is the reasoning for his maturation. had it been rondo that went down they had steph to step in and just run the O thru kg.

We're hyping him up, but no one is hyping him up like Deron or Chris. He's an all-star, maybe more like a fringe all-star, but that's it. He more valuable to this team than he is a great point guard. That's all we're saying.

I disagree though about the Rondo/KG thing. I know you've heard the saying..."As Rondo goes, so go the Celtics". He runs that team offensively. But he's so much more than just that. He's the best rebounding PG. He plays amazing defense. I think if Steph had to play 40 minutes a game, even with KG, the Celtics are worse off (maybe not vs. us though, b/c of match up issues). PGs are the heart and soul of the offense. Not PFs. PGs decide who gets the ball when, not PFs. With the struggles the Celtics have had with Rondo, I can't fathom how much trouble they'd be in without him...even with KG.

Again, ask SVG, Otis, Dwight or any other Magic player, beat writer, whatever...ask them who the toughest player on the Magic is. Ask them who the leader of the team is. Ask them who is the offensive floor general on the Magic. I guarantee you 100% of those people will say Jameer. Actually, I know this. I'll post some quotes when I get more time later tonight. I've heard it from all of them.

rapjuicer06
05-16-2009, 08:41 PM
i agree, jameer is the general of this team. he gets the best out of dwight howard, he gets the best out of any of the players out there. not only can he drive and dish better than a lot of guards, but he can also drive and finish with the best of them too. he's so quick and gets to the hoop so quickly its hard to block his shot. and when the post down low guarding dwight rotates over him and dwight are so close that dwight knows to go to the rim and nelson will toss up the ally-oop to him. and with his penitration that also collaspes the defense and opens up lewis and turk for their outside jumpshots. he makes the team go, and does it a lot better than skip. skip is too worried about making the unbelievable pass, so he misses wide open guys that jameer wouldn't miss. oooh and jameer can shoot lights out from three also...another thing skip can't do

MagicBucsSox
05-16-2009, 11:06 PM
another thing "he gets the best out of dwight". "he dish better than alot of other guards" lol what point guards is he better than? this is the hype im talkin about. dwight is just as good w/o jameer