PDA

View Full Version : Which of these three was the worst move this season?

ink
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Which of these three moves was the worst this year?

1. JO to Toronto
2. Brand to Philadelphia
3. Baron Davis to the Clippers

VCaintdead17
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Brand by far.

ProdigyI
04-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Which of these three moves was the worst this year?

1. JO to Toronto
2. Brand to Philadelphia
3. Baron Davis to the Clippers

I Agree

VCaintdead17
04-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I Agree

:pity:

What is happening to the forums these days.

UofA
04-14-2009, 11:06 PM
:pity:

What is happening to the forums these days.

:laugh2:

pd7631
04-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Brand by far.

I think that's going a little overboard. It's clear that the team was not meshing well with Brand, but he only played in 29 games. I can't remember the last time the Sixers had a high quality post player like EB, so you gotta give them a little more time to adjust. It's like Tony Dileo said, the other guys on the team didn't want to screw up what Elton does best, so they were just throwin the ball to him in the post and standing around instead of playing their game. Next season, you can expect the Sixers to play their game with EB just becoming a part of it.

JordanPippen
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
baron davis... what do the clippers have to show for giving him that huge contract?

LakeShowRaider
04-14-2009, 11:25 PM
If Brand had stayed with the Clippers, they could have been good.

I mean Cmon...

B Diddy
Gordon
Thorton
Brand
Camby

Sounds playoff worthy to me

jim51990
04-14-2009, 11:38 PM
its gotta be baron because the brand deal is bad due to injury where as baron is just playing horrible and not getting along with the coach or team

jim51990
04-14-2009, 11:39 PM
also if there is anyway to move him (highly doubt due to his contract) they should take it and let it be eric gordons team because he is something special

abe_froman
04-14-2009, 11:45 PM
billups for a.i.
...oh of those three: i'd go brand to philly,he doesnt fit what they do and seems redundant with some of their young bigs on the rise(would be blocking them)

DenButsu
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I say Baron, and I'm speaking of the Warriors side. They were a playoff caliber team, or at least on the bubble, and Davis was their heart and soul. Of course, they could not have foreseen the injury to their new star, but still the move just doesn't make sense at all to me. Can't blame Toronto for trying. And the Clippers moves, at least on paper, had people predicting them as a playoff team. It's easy to say in retrospect that they were foolish (actually, I was saying it last summer, but water under the bridge and all that), but there was a rhyme and reason to their maneuvering. Nellie is just gutting GSW, it seems (if in fact he's calling the personnel shots to the degree that it seems he might be).

Ironman5219
04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Davis had like what 3 points against Utah??? All that hype, money, and nothing to show for it,

VinceGully
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
I dont know if they can be classified as bad...but maybe pointless. All three could have contributed and Brand and Davis still might...although I hope Brand sprains an ovary.

Denver-boy
04-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Ai for billups..... Pistons dont even look good anymore without there leader.

THE MTL
04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
AI for Billups was the worst move of the season. Pistons went from an elite NBA team. They were a TOP 5 team in the whole NBA! And now they are a sub-.500 team who just made 8th place in the playoffs.

But Brand to Philly was JUST AS BAD! Cause Philly wouldnt have made the playoffs with Brand. They were 10-12th place in the East with Brand active. He destroyed their chemistry as well as Iggy's numbers. That team went on a SERIOUS run when he got injured the first time and then went on an even better run when he was determined to be out for the season.

29$JerZ
04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
Other

AI for Billups was an awful deal for Detroit unless they can book a star in 09/10

abe_froman
04-15-2009, 12:21 AM
AI for Billups was the worst move of the season. Pistons went from an elite NBA team. They were a TOP 5 team in the whole NBA! And now they are a sub-.500 team who just made 8th place in the playoffs.

But Brand to Philly was JUST AS BAD! Cause Philly wouldnt have made the playoffs with Brand. They were 10-12th place in the East with Brand active. He destroyed their chemistry as well as Iggy's numbers. That team went on a SERIOUS run when he got injured the first time and then went on an even better run when he was determined to be out for the season.

which begs the question is brand,while a great 20/10 player,cursed?
bulls-brilliant individually,but god awful
clippers-again,put up good stats but injured and team went nowhere,sans once
philly-they were struggling with him and seemed to bounce back to last years form(untill recently)almost immediately after he went

Chronz
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Brand will turn it around in Philly, the problem wasnt him, it was playing him alongside Dalembert. The Sixers shouldve known what won them games the year before and it was going small. Having Brand as the trailer from the 5 spot is much different than him at the 4. Next year they should either bring in a PG who can stretch the floor (Baron Davis) or some shooters, or just trade Dalembert.

QuaLiThADoN
04-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Yi and Simmons for RJ lol... I think Jo to toronto for the fact that it showed the importance TJ Ford had on that team

PhillyForLife90
04-15-2009, 12:38 AM
I believe the Brand signing will eventually become a blessing to us Sixers fans. The problem wasn't him, it was mainly the fact that we weren't using him right early in the season. And just when we fired Mo Cheeks, and replaced him with Dileo, he gets injured without us seeing what he could've done under his style of coaching. If we could just trade Dalembert for a shooter, or draft a solid PG like Johnny Flynn, I think we could potentially win 50 games next season. But I can't predict what will happen this offseason, so I hope we turn it around next season...

FatSacks
04-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Ai for billups..... Pistons dont even look good anymore without there leader.

We look better without AI playing. It's bad if you are STEALING minutes from Will F'ing Bynum.

what54!?
04-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Davis to the clippers. They haven't got better and its clear he and his coach don't get along. Plus they gave him a huge contract

abe_froman
04-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Davis to the clippers. They haven't got better and its clear he and his coach don't get along. Plus they gave him a huge contract

seriously i'm starting to be unimpressed by bad moves and clippers being mentioned in the same breath.its so expected

Chaps
04-15-2009, 01:23 AM
i feel bad for Baron seriously. he's on the damn clippers. what a way to waste a career

superkegger
04-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Brand by far.

by far? the sixers are still in the playoffs, even if it's not because of brand.

both the clips and the warriors are out, and while JO wasn't the reason behind toronto's fall from grace, they're out too.

I've got to go with Baron. He just wanted to be back in LA, and he doesn't fit their style at all.

superkegger
04-15-2009, 01:33 AM
i feel bad for Baron seriously. he's on the damn clippers. what a way to waste a career

Why do you feel sorry for him? He chose to go their, he didn't get traded their. He should have known what he was getting into.

ProdigyI
04-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Why do you feel sorry for him? He chose to go their, he didn't get traded their. He should have known what he was getting into.

He was misled by Elton Brand. Brand was a main reason why he chose to go there.

superkegger
04-15-2009, 01:54 AM
He was misled by Elton Brand. Brand was a main reason why he chose to go there.

Even still, that's how things go. He also went there cause he's from LA and wanted to go home. He didn't think about what kind of style they played and how that would fit with his game. He made his bed and he has to lie in it. I don't feel one bit sorry for him making a poor decision.

Jaji
04-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Marbury to the Celts. No team with Marbury can win it all.

DeadMemories
04-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Joe Dumars failed.

Jaji
04-15-2009, 03:12 AM
Joe Dumars failed.

Yea what was that all about? I thought Billups was 1 guy they had to keep. Stuckey is good but Billups was the glue.

PennyMy#1
04-15-2009, 08:32 AM
I voted JO to Toronto. Just, because I think I can't really judge about Brand to Philly only because of 29 games, and the Clips ... I'm not sure if you can say the Clippers messed it up or Baron.

CityofTreez
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
baron davis... what do the clippers have to show for giving him that huge contract?

Bringing Baron davis into L.A., forced Brand to go to Philly!

BD to the Clips has to be the worst move of the season! :D

JayW_1023
04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
The Iverson trade by far.

JayW_1023
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Brand will turn it around in Philly, the problem wasnt him, it was playing him alongside Dalembert. The Sixers shouldve known what won them games the year before and it was going small. Having Brand as the trailer from the 5 spot is much different than him at the 4. Next year they should either bring in a PG who can stretch the floor (Baron Davis) or some shooters, or just trade Dalembert.

Great post. I can't believe how long they have put up with Sour Grape Sam. If they draft Stephen Curry or get some shooters, Brand will perform much more consistently and they have some failsafe options when the Sixers have to grind it out and are unable to score in the open court.

Faneik
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Other...

Celtics not drafting Luc Richard Mbah a Moute with the #30 pick.

JayW_1023
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Joe Dumars failed.

For this season it was the biggest bust trade...but next season they have 22 million extra capspace if they let Iverson walk.

Which they will, most judiciously.

Giaps
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
It's gotta be Baron to the Clips. It was a knee-jerk reaction by LAC after losing Brand. Brand to Philly was a good move. I don't think anybody thought they wouldn't mesh well like this. JO to TO was eh. I thought JO was done 2 seasons ago but they turned him into Marion who might re-sign with them.

As for the worst this season AI for Billups.... terrible.

papirico52
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
brand sucks we play better with out him .. he slows us down..... waste of money cause he is getting old and injury prone =(((

ink
04-15-2009, 08:43 PM
btw I left the AI for Billups move out on purpose ... we've talked about that trade all season long.

I wanted to know which of these three people thought was the worst.