PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

O's Boy15
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
1. As a lot of you all have read, I posted about how terrible Adam Eaton was before he made his first start and look at the start he gave us, thanks dashtray for the recognition:clap: Not only was this a terrible signing or whatever you want to call it because most of his contract is being payed by the Phils, but we demoted Matt Albers who was statisticly our best reliever in the pen allowing 1 run over 2 and 2/3 of an inning Albers also pitched very well for us in the regular season last year as a starter. Albers pitched a 3-3 record in 3 starts with wins against the Seattle Mariners on April 5, toronto on the 14 of April and the New York Yankees :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap: On May 27th:clap: AS YOU READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Matt Albers is the best player we got from the Tejada trade which included Luuuuke Scott Matt Albers Troy Patton Dennis Sarfate and Mike Costanzo. Yes Luke was far better and one of our best offensive players last year in front of him were Aubrey Huff and Melvin Mora, but like I said currently Matt Albers is the best player we got in that deal. So I ask again why did we demote Matt Albers down to the minors? O I know! to give players that were "out of options" like Andino who would have to be exposed to waivers:mad: Big deal, what's the worse that could happen, you would lose a SS who could only field and couldn't hit. This is at the expense of a demoted Albers who was rightfully frustrated as he was, I guess, considered the extra man in the bullpen which is completely out of line. I know I said earlier in my Eaton Rant that Bass should have gotten the start send him to the minors if he isn't out of options and if he was "out of options" release him for heaven's sake:mad::mad: It would be well worth the loss of Bass for Albers a some what experienced major leaguer with good stuff and back of the end rotation potential possibly even middle if you ask me:cool: Instead of a soft throwing strike thrower in Brian Bass

2. What in the world is Luke Scott thinking about with his ridiculous new Axe Stance???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????:mad: His new swing started when he was standing in the clubhouse at spring training and mimicked an axe swing and tried to emulate his axe swing in his actual baseball swing due to the fact he was tired of "rolling balls over"
so he started swinging like an axe:mad: Was there anything wrong with his 23HR and .255 AVG and 64 RBI's (the HR and RBI's are career highs!:rolleyes:)
In spring training the first game he tried this Axe Swing and stance he homered. Next, he homered twice in an intra squad scrimmage. Luke Scott however was held homerless he however homered twice in a game after his homerless game. To wrap it up he homered in a game after his multi homer game. He tried that stupid stance and swing during EXHIBITION GAMES
which have proven to mean nothing over the years. Part of being a good athlete is being able to adjust when you need to and make corrections to any flaws in your game. I believe Luke Scott is a very good athlete and baseball player, and one of my favorite O's with Scott and Markakis:clap: But he needs to realize that now is the time to adjust and go back with his previous 23 home run swing and work with the Crow and go from there, all of us who have played Baseball know for a fact that every now and then you'll roll over on good fastballs and on other pitches that us what Terry Crowley is for. Yes, all good athletes always try to tweak their game and find advantages, but also know when to stick with what you already have and build on it rather than trying to change your game completely. I think though, whether he abandons his new swing:cry: (hopefully) or not he will find his swing and start crushing the ball like he used to it will happen quicker if he changes his stance to the one of last year though. Go LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:c lap::clap::clap::clap:
I'm rooting for him. But come on man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

3. Why is Melvin Mora always injuired??????????????????????????????????:rolleye s: He always seems to have some kind of injury he's either playing thru or he's hurt. Like the other game when he rounded third and started limping Come on! Toughen up would you. He's a big part of the reason for our success we're having. We need him on the field for his marvelous fielding and his bat with average in it and a lot of pop still left in there:clap: He hit 23 last year! Let's go Melvin, rub some dirt on that sore hammy and get back on the field!

4. Troy Patton???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
He was the center piece of the Tejada trade and has done what for us? I'll tell you! Nothing! He was injuired for all of last year and is currently on the Orioles' 40 man roster and I don't know what he is doing there besides bullpen sessions if that! He should be down at the minors facing live hitters and logging lots of quality innings. I hope we get what we think we saw in Patton which is a very good (25 year old) currently pitcher when healthy and not a bust.

5. Chris Tillman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
Dave Trembley has said that he would take him on his team "in a second"
Then by all means take himon our sub par rotation as our 5 or maybe a bullpen spot! The 22 year old tommorow happy B-Day! Just threw 4 innings of no hitter ball against the Charlotte Knights. I can't wait to see him up here, last year he earned 6 straight winning decisions ending up with an 11-4 season last year with a 3.18 ERA and 154 K's he's a beast who should have been with us to start the season. But with Andy MacPhail's cautiosness with his young players likely killed that option. I can't wait to see him start!

All in all I know I sound like a very upset fan. But, actually I'm very excited with our great start (5-2) and hope we can keep it going through out the season and get a W against the Texas Rangers tonight!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ravensrule
04-14-2009, 08:42 PM
what about bergenson why didnt he get more of a chance. i know u all will disagree but i wish we would sign pedro if the price was reasonable. love our team except for starting pitching

Driven
04-14-2009, 09:13 PM

Albers will be back. He has options. that's why he was sent down. Eaton is in the rotation because Hill is hurt.

Was there anything wrong with his 23HR and .255 AVG and 64 RBI's (the HR and RBI's are career highs!:rolleyes:)

Yeah, there is. He hit .215/.300/.402/.702 against lefties last year. He's not going to be a full time player until he can hit lefties.

He should be down at the minors facing live hitters and logging lots of quality innings.

He is in the minors.

5. Chris Tillman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
Dave Trembley has said that he would take him on his team "in a second"
Then by all means take himon our sub par rotation as our 5 or maybe a bullpen spot! The 22 year old tommorow happy B-Day! Just threw 4 innings of no hitter ball against the Charlotte Knights. I can't wait to see him up here, last year he earned 6 straight winning decisions ending up with an 11-4 season last year with a 3.18 ERA and 154 K's he's a beast who should have been with us to start the season. But with Andy MacPhail's cautiosness with his young players likely killed that option. I can't wait to see him start!

Tillman's still a prospect. You don't want to ruin the future by bringing him up now. You also don't want to use up his options.

Garyland1177
04-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I believe Patton pitched for Bowie the other night and had 4 or 5 scoreless innings.

Driven
04-15-2009, 01:00 AM
what about bergenson why didnt he get more of a chance. i know u all will disagree but i wish we would sign pedro if the price was reasonable. love our team except for starting pitching
I was against signing Pedro, but now I'm not. It's not like he would be blocking young developing pitchers like I thought he would. We got Simon, Hendrickson and Eaton right now in the rotation. Hendrickson is the only one that can be competent. Signing Pedro is about the only thing we can do to make this club better now, because regardless of our record, we are going to be sellers at the trading deadline. Outside of Scott, Wigginton, Huff and prospects like Reimold, I don't really see anyone who's expendable.