PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think we need to draft?

NBA_Starter
04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I say if we get lucky and our pick falls in the top 8 or so then we need to get a SG, Tyreke Evans or Derozan from So. Cal. What do you guys think?

DerekRE_3
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I'd love to pick Derozan. If we he's gone (which he probably will be) then I think we need a PF.

29$JerZ
04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Main needs are SG and PF/C

SG because Bell isn't getting any younger
PF/C because Emeka needs some help

NBA_Starter
04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
What do you guys think about Gerald Henderson? it appears he is coming out.

DerekRE_3
04-15-2009, 12:23 AM

He's a definite possibility, and he has the North Carolina connection.

JakeDelbreezy
04-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Henderson has a similar game to Gerald Wallace. Slashing style on offense, mediocre jump shot and plays pretty good defense...I don't know if that would be good to have two guys with that style or not.

JakeDelbreezy
04-15-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm also curious to see what happens with Ajinca. Will he have made enough progress to become a rotation player next year or will he be stowed away on the bench for another season waiting on him to develop...

masalex1205
04-15-2009, 01:11 PM
We looked forward in the previous year's draft and, knowing this one would be weak, we decided to consider Ajinca this year's pick.

More than anything I think that Ajinca just needs to get stronger. Maybe have him hang out w/ Sean May over the summer, he should come back 50 pds heavier.

DerekRE_3
04-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm also curious to see what happens with Ajinca. Will he have made enough progress to become a rotation player next year or will he be stowed away on the bench for another season waiting on him to develop...

Ajinca is at least a 3-4 year project. And yeah, he needs to get stronger before he can be a rotational player.

JakeDelbreezy
04-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Ajinca is at least a 3-4 year project. And yeah, he needs to get stronger before he can be a rotational player.

So you think he's 3-4 years away from full potential or 3-4 years away before he plays serious minutes?

Chateamsfan
04-15-2009, 04:12 PM
1st round- one pick : Memphis SG/PG Tyreke Evans, USC SG DeMar Derozan, Ohio State C B.J. Mullens, OR GeorgeTown PF Greg Monroe
2nd Round - two picks: North Carolina PF Tyler Hansbrough if he falls, Miami SG Jack McClinton, or Charlotte F Charlie Coley

DerekRE_3
04-16-2009, 12:40 AM
So you think he's 3-4 years away from full potential or 3-4 years away before he plays serious minutes?

I think he's at least 2 years away from cracking our rotation.

JakeDelbreezy
04-16-2009, 07:49 AM
I think he's at least 2 years away from cracking our rotation.

If that's the case they should have left him in the D-League all year. Sadly, I still haven't even seen him play. My stupid cable company didn't carry the Bobcats games this year and the games I've seen elsewhere he never played...

NBA_Starter
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
My stupid cable company didn't carry the Bobcats games this year.

I feel your pain, I have Charter here in South Carolina and they don't show any Bobcats games, it's all a crock and needs to be resolved pretty soon, seriously!

JakeDelbreezy
04-16-2009, 08:07 PM
I feel your pain, I have Charter here in South Carolina and they don't show any Bobcats games, it's all a crock and needs to be resolved pretty soon, seriously!

Charter is exactly who I have too...

homestarunner93
04-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I have TWC, they suck as well. Hopefully I'll get DirecTV soon and show those *****es who's boss! Anyway, I'd love for us to get DeRozan or Evans, but Willie Warren just announced today he's going back to OU next year...which means without a big win in the lottery, we aren't getting anyone who can make an impact next year.

NBA_Starter
04-16-2009, 09:51 PM
I have TWC, they suck as well. Hopefully I'll get DirecTV soon and show those *****es who's boss! Anyway, I'd love for us to get DeRozan or Evans, but Willie Warren just announced today he's going back to OU next year...which means without a big win in the lottery, we aren't getting anyone who can make an impact next year.

We could still get Gerald Henderson and at least you get the 'Cats games on TWC. :(

If we get lucky we can have an opportunity to draft Evans, I think he is more NBA ready than DeRozan.

homestarunner93
04-16-2009, 10:18 PM
We could still get Gerald Henderson and at least you get the 'Cats games on TWC. :(

If we get lucky we can have an opportunity to draft Evans, I think he is more NBA ready than DeRozan.

No, I don't get them. Only Charlotte area TWC gets them.

NBA_Starter
04-16-2009, 10:26 PM
No, I don't get them. Only Charlotte area TWC gets them.

This is getting crazier and crazier, I can't get them but my Grandparents live 8 or so miles away but get the games because they have DirecTV.

masalex1205
04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
If that's the case they should have left him in the D-League all year. Sadly, I still haven't even seen him play. My stupid cable company didn't carry the Bobcats games this year and the games I've seen elsewhere he never played...

I think the reason that Ajincas wasn't in the D-League is because Larry didn't want him picking up any bad habits down there, especially when he is still learning/developing his game. Larry wanted to put his stamp on his game before he went down there.

I think we'll see Ajincas down there a lot more next year.

homestarunner93
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
This is getting crazier and crazier, I can't get them but my Grandparents live 8 or so miles away but get the games because they have DirecTV.

TWC has woven a big web of lies, to be honest.

Reedball
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Ajinca will be playing with the Cats next year. He did well in the D League. His last game he posted around 22 pts 16 rebounds and 4 blocks in just 26 minutes. He does need to bulk up, but he does have some skills. Dont forget the guy is only 20. Even if he gets 6-7 minutes a game next season that will prepare him well for his 3rd year, which will be a coming out party.

uncblue2332
04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
TWC has woven a big web of lies, to be honest.

TWC played just about every game on tv it was on either foxsports or sportssouth which are both provided. It is a rarity to not see the game on one of those channels. Its not just charlotte, i live an hour and a half away and got them. You dont know what your talking about.

black1605
04-21-2009, 09:02 AM
TWC played just about every game on tv it was on either foxsports or sportssouth which are both provided. It is a rarity to not see the game on one of those channels. Its not just charlotte, i live an hour and a half away and got them. You dont know what your talking about.

yep...i live in Greensboro, and i saw almost every game

JakeDelbreezy
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Here's what the Director of Corporate Communications of the Charlotte Bobcats had to say about the Bocats TV Deal.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the television broadcasts of Charlotte Bobcats basketball this season. After a weekend of phone calls and research, I have been able to assemble the following facts related to the current distribution and carriage of the Bobcats on Fox Sports Carolinas (FSCR) and SportSouth (SPSO):

- FSN South has distributed 70 Bobcats broadcasts on FSCR and SPSO to every cable and satellite operator in North and South Carolina

- The following cable operators have opted to pick up the Bobcats on FSCR and SPSO;
Time Warner Cable in Charlotte, Greensboro, Fayetteville, Raleigh and Winston-Salem
Mi-Connection (Mooresville, NC);
SkyLine Communications (West Jefferson, NC)
Southern Coastal Cable, LLC (Georgetown, SC)

- If your cable operator is not among those listed above, it means they have made the decision to not carry the Bobcats this season on FSCR and SPSO

masalex1205
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I know in Raleigh they show all the games except the ones on Sportsouth which basically means that we get all the Cats games unless the Canes play and the hockey supercedes them.

Kind of funny that hockey supercedes b-ball in North Carolina

NBA_Starter
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Here's what the Director of Corporate Communications of the Charlotte Bobcats had to say about the Bocats TV Deal.

When I call my cable company they say that they can't help what SportSouth and Fox Sports Carolina or Fox Sports South (Which it turns to as to not show us the 'Cats games on those nights) chooses to show. There has to be a better way to resolve this situation.

op12
04-24-2009, 11:51 PM

wouldnt be suprised to see henderson or ellington, depending on the # of the pick, to take over at sg. might be a gamble, but i think the office really likes the hometown guys.

uncblue2332
04-25-2009, 02:46 PM
wouldnt be suprised to see henderson or ellington, depending on the # of the pick, to take over at sg. might be a gamble, but i think the office really likes the hometown guys.

OUr pick is way too high for ellington, remember we are in the lottery and probably pick #12 unless a miracle happens and we get a top 5 pick in the lottery....that being said before the tourney wayne was a fringe first rounder....now he is a mid-late 20s but not worthy of lottery consideration..my guess is we grab gerald henderson or Eric Maynor....I really like this kid and even though h is inly 6'3 i think he is the next ben gordon...undersized but really plays his position well and can score easily

NBA_Starter
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Why would we draft Maynor? He's a PG! We already have Felton and D.J.

Chateamsfan
04-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Id rather have combo guard like Stephen Curry!

raptor fan
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
here was a deal tossed around in the raptors forum, and i just wanted to see how u guys feel about it:

Raja Bell + #12 for Marcus Banks + #9

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
here was a deal tossed around in the raptors forum, and i just wanted to see how u guys feel about it:

Raja Bell + #12 for Marcus Banks + #9

Hmmm... IDK hopefully we are higher than #12 after the lottery but if not then I'd have to really think on this one.

uncblue2332
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
no no no no no raja is too valuable we wont have a shot at evans at nine or another elite sg we can get henderson, maynor, or someone like that at 12 and still have a starting defensive minded sg in raja.....markus would just sit on the bench

raptor fan
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM
tyreke evans will probably still be available at 9, but he will probably be gone by 12. if evans was still on the board at 9, would u do this deal?

NBA_Starter
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
tyreke evans will probably still be available at 9, but he will probably be gone by 12. if evans was still on the board at 9, would u do this deal?

If Evans or Derozan were still on the board I prob. would!

uncblue2332
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
im sure we would if evans is there no way derozan slips past 6 he is slotted at 3-4 right now. but i still dont like the markus banks side of it....we cant take on anymore salary dumps

masalex1205
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Only if someone slips to 9 that we really really like otherwise a big no to taking on the rest of Banks salary. But we're really going to have to like this player because Bell is the team's only SG and it would have to be another SG.

Bell's expiring contract plus his veteran leadership are going to be very valuable for a team next year close to the deadline.

I say no, this draft isn't that great but DeRozan interests me.

nolin
04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
You guys should go for gerald Henderson. His jumpshot reminds me alot of kobe and hes very athletic. When it is all said and done Henderson and Griffin will be the 2 best players in this draft.

Reedball
04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
If we get the chance to draft Johnny Flynn I am all about it. He was a clutch shooter in Syracuse who can drive the lane. Best part is, he would fit in with our system because he is a larger guard who can defend. Curry is a great shooter, but too small to defend larger guards.

NBA_Starter
04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
^Once again why would we want a third PG?

Chateamsfan
04-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Again Stephen is a combo guard and if Felton can play the 2 so can Curry,whom I talk to occasionally on myspace.

masalex1205
04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Ive been checking out Tyreke Evans, he could be a star and exactly the kind of player CHA needs

NBA_Starter
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
If we get Derozan, Evans, or Henderson it would have to be considered a successful draft.

uncblue2332
04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
You guys should go for gerald Henderson. His jumpshot reminds me alot of kobe and hes very athletic. When it is all said and done Henderson and Griffin will be the 2 best players in this draft.

Complete DUKE homer.....Henderson has a terrible jumper. its not like kobe more like Shaq then Kobe...i know its a stretch but Kobe is the best shooter in the league and Henderson cant shoot worth sh^t.

NBA_Starter
04-30-2009, 11:42 PM
^Henderson shot isn't like Kobe's not many people's are but it is much improved. You must be a unc homer by not giving G any credit at all, he is an athletic player who has really improved but could use another season in college.