PDA

View Full Version : Will the Cavs be tougher to beat at home this year than the Celtics or Lakers last ..

JordansBulls
04-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Will Cleveland be tougher to beat at home this year in the playoffs than the Lakers or Celtics were last year?

IIRC the Lakers went 10-1 at home in the playoffs last year and the Celtics went 13-1 at home in the playoffs.

Will Cleveland be that good this playoffs as well?

GREATNESS ONE
04-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I think they will but unfortunately for them the Teams that can beat them there are the best teams in the League. If I was them I would be more worried about winning away against great opponents.

lakerboy
04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
They'll be good, but if ever we do see them in the finals, I think we're team that can really really beat them. I'm just super confident!

EX-TREME
04-14-2009, 03:46 PM
yes they will be tougher to defeat in the playoffs in the Q this year than boston and lakers.

prodigy
04-14-2009, 03:50 PM
They'll be good, but if ever we do see them in the finals, I think we're team that can really really beat them. I'm just super confident!

why? the west is very good, so even if lakers make it to the finals, they will be really tired.

The magic and boston will beat the crap out of each other in the second round, so the cavs can just mop up whoever wins.

JordansBulls
04-14-2009, 03:55 PM
why? the west is very good, so even if lakers make it to the finals, they will be really tired.

The magic and boston will beat the crap out of each other in the second round, so the cavs can just mop up whoever wins.

Boston will have it easy in round 2 as they will be playing the Bulls

Teeboy1487
04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I think the magic, celtics, and the lakers of course can beat them on their floor. They will go undefeated at home until the eastern conference finals.

SteveNash
04-14-2009, 04:16 PM
They may be tougher, but I don't think they'll have a winning percentage as high as the Celtics did.

EX-TREME
04-14-2009, 04:17 PM

:confused: :pity:

GspLAL
04-14-2009, 04:18 PM

I really hope you were being sarcastic.

Gibby23
04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
If they do have a better home record than the 2008 Celtics or Lakers, thet means they will be world champs because they would have to lose 0 at home. They are not that good. I think they lose 3 at home.

IrespectNumber3
04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Right now...The Cavs are a marked team going into the playoffs...Teams are going to play there very best going against the Cavs on the road...The Cavs have a Well balanced team...but there MARKED...and there alot of pissed teams who want to upset them...

I dont think there regular season playoff home record will be as good as there playoffs

They might lose one or 2 at home...before they even get to the finals

superkegger
04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't think the Cavs will end the playoffs with only 1 home loss. So no, they won't be tougher to beat at home. As tough, sure, but not more.

prodigy
04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I think the magic, celtics, and the lakers of course can beat them on their floor. They will go undefeated at home until the eastern conference finals.

jazz, hornets, blazers, spurs, rockets could all win in LA. so it will be tough.

prodigy
04-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Teams are going to play there very best going against the Cavs on the road.

NO WAY!!!!! teams are going to play there best in the playoffs. thats a joke right? why would they do that?

Ironman5219
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
James is a lot better this year than last and he has finals experience. Skill wise he's the best in the NBA. ( yes that means better than bryant ) If the cav's stay healthy they are the team to beat.

Lakergirl24
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
jazz, hornets, blazers, spurs, rockets could all win in LA. so it will be tough.

You know what, I'd much rather face a team like the denver nuggets in the WCF than the magic or the celtics in the east like the cavs will be doing if they make it that far. Both those teams play cleveland really well and have a good chance of beating them in a 7 game series.

And I also wouldnt want to play dwade and the heat in round 2 or the hawks as the cavs will have to. So I'd be a little more concerned on what the cavs have to do to make it through the east than worrying about the Lakers.

EHL
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Cavs are a playing at a level at home no one has attained since the Celtics a few decades ago.

They have a close to perfect chemistry and the fanbase is quite possibly one of the best ive seen in a few years now. (Unlike Lakers fans in Staples). And most importantly they have the leagues MVP, playing at a level since a guy named Michael Jordan played for the Bulls.

that being said, YES. The Cavs are tougher to beat at home than the Lakers or Cletics of last season.

G-Funk
04-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Possibly. The top team can take it, Who ever wants it more will take it.

KB24PG16
04-14-2009, 07:19 PM

dont be surprised when they lose before the finals

EHL
04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Possibly. The top team can take it, Who ever wants it more will take it.

Home court is key. Cavs will beat the Lakers in the Finals if it goes down between them. Lebron is playing much better than Kobe. I fear that as a Laker fan, Kobe will try to outduel Lebron in the biggest stage, and this IMO will be the downfall of the Lakers and twill eventually be their 3rd straight Finals loss.

EHL
04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
dont be surprised when they lose before the finals

Lol. Why would they lose before the Finals? Celtics is the only threat in the East and last I check KG is not 100%. Lol.

NBA_Starter
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Will Cleveland be tougher to beat at home this year in the playoffs than the Lakers or Celtics were last year?

IIRC the Lakers went 10-1 at home in the playoffs last year and the Celtics went 13-1 at home in the playoffs.

Will Cleveland be that good this playoffs as well?

The Cavs will do better, they will not lose at home in these playoffs.

Teeboy1487
04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
jazz, hornets, blazers, spurs, rockets could all win in LA. so it will be tough. Duh :rolleyes: it can possibly happen, but last time I checked this thread was about Cleveland. :eyebrow:

_KB24_
04-14-2009, 08:21 PM
No, they will still be tough but last year, it was near impossible to beat the Celtics or the Lakers in the playoffs. The Celtics beat us at home at it was a shock. The Cavs will play good, but i see them losing maybe 1 one 2 games at home. A healthy Celtics team is much better than the Cavs in Boston or Cleveland. I would also be afraid of the Magic or even the Hawks in any game because they can explode out of nowhere. And if they make it to the Finals, I see the Lakers winning in either 5 or 6 at the most

Hawkeye15
04-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Not sure. Cleveland has been so dominant at home, they basically feel invincible there. But they are going to eventually face some stiff competition. They must prove early that they can beat teams on the road in the playoffs. I still think they win it all this year. But I guarantee you, if the Lakers meet them in the finals, LA will take one in Cleveland. Cleveland will have to win a game or two on the road. Period

XJW18
04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes they will be tough.
have you not seen them all season?

tjlipford
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
The only team that can beat the Cavs at home is the Lakers!!!!! Not Boston, Not Orlando, and definitely not the Heat or the Hawks. The Heat dont have enough to come close to beat us in a series. If they get one game against us it will be at Miami and that will be it because we will adjust and put that lock up on. (Not lock up on D Wade, but lock up the rest of the Heat). Also in the Playoffs the Cavs turn it up a notch.

We only have to worry about the Lakers when we meet them in the Finals. The rest of the series I know we are going to win

JJ81
04-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Lakers only lost 3 games going into last year's finals. Boston had lost like 9?

Cali4rnia
04-14-2009, 10:20 PM
NO celtics were much tougher.. lets be realistic we didnt have bynum the inside force.. lakers players were playing off position.. Lakers will go as far as how good bynum plays inside n the Key is HE MUST AVOID FOUL TROUBLE.. If lakers n cavs were to play.. trust me cavs are the one to be worried not lakers.. we always forget cavs are in east coast.. if that team was in west there is no way they would have best record in NBA... I think the team cavs should worry the most is Orlando first.. n lot of people gonna hate me for this but lakers should stay careful with portland.. we have hard time winning in portland so there is no way in the world we can lose 1 game at staple center.

JordansBulls
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Lakers only lost 3 games going into last year's finals. Boston had lost like 9?

Boston had 8.

Lakersfan2483
04-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Home court is key. Cavs will beat the Lakers in the Finals if it goes down between them. Lebron is playing much better than Kobe. I fear that as a Laker fan, Kobe will try to outduel Lebron in the biggest stage, and this IMO will be the downfall of the Lakers and twill eventually be their 3rd straight Finals loss.

Do us all a favor and stop posting. You are "NOT" a laker fan and your posts are getting worse everyday.

G-Funk
04-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Cavs are a playing at a level at home no one has attained since the Celtics a few decades ago.

They have a close to perfect chemistry and the fanbase is quite possibly one of the best ive seen in a few years now. (Unlike Lakers fans in Staples). And most importantly they have the leagues MVP, playing at a level since a guy named Michael Jordan played for the Bulls.

that being said, YES. The Cavs are tougher to beat at home than the Lakers or Cletics of last season.

LOl this says Cavs fan all over

rdz4life
04-15-2009, 02:45 AM
they may not get beaten at home all the way to the conference finals, but come in boston they will definitely win one on the road if not 2, and if they get to the finals, the lakers will get at least 2 wins in cleveland.

MickeyMgl
04-15-2009, 04:19 AM
jazz, hornets, blazers, spurs, rockets could all win in LA.

What evidence is there of this?

The Jazz finished the season 2-18 on the road against winning teams, including losing two blowouts in Los Angeles.

The Trailblazers lost their games in Los Angeles by an average margin of 17 points.

The Rockets haven't even shown they can beat the Lakers in Houston. The average margin in the Rockets' two losses in LA was 21 points.

The Hornets did break through for a win in Los Angeles.

The Spurs were blown out in their only game in Los Angeles, but it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt.

prodigy
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
You know what, I'd much rather face a team like the denver nuggets in the WCF than the magic or the celtics in the east like the cavs will be doing if they make it that far. Both those teams play cleveland really well and have a good chance of beating them in a 7 game series.

And I also wouldnt want to play dwade and the heat in round 2 or the hawks as the cavs will have to. So I'd be a little more concerned on what the cavs have to do to make it through the east than worrying about the Lakers.

UMMMMM WHAT?

cavs will face this in playoffs my projections- pistons, hawks, celtics

lakers will face this in playoffs my projections- jazz, blazers, nuggets

You think cavs have it harder. OK i heard everything from u laker fans. This is just getting crazy now.

also the rockets, hornets, spurs could all do big time damage also. The West is insane.

prodigy
04-15-2009, 11:57 AM
What evidence is there of this?

The Jazz finished the season 2-18 on the road against winning teams, including losing two blowouts in Los Angeles.

The Trailblazers lost their games in Los Angeles by an average margin of 17 points.

The Rockets haven't even shown they can beat the Lakers in Houston. The average margin in the Rockets' two losses in LA was 21 points.

The Hornets did break through for a win in Los Angeles.

The Spurs were blown out in their only game in Los Angeles, but it's reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I did not say they will win. i said they could. They could no question beat LA in there place and extend the series. Which is all thats needed.

prodigy
04-15-2009, 12:02 PM
I think the team cavs should worry the most is Orlando first.

No, pistons first. YOU NEVER LOOK AHEAD. thats the first thing you learn in sports.

JayW_1023
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
In the postseason no regular season records will matter. Season series don't necessairily mean jack. They are mouthwash for all I care.

Playoff basketball is a different animal...here the contenders will be seperated from the pretenders.

MVMarauder
04-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I think the Lakers can beat em. I would rather face the cavs than the celtics in the finals for one reason. The cavs dont match up to our starters like the celtics do. Id rather face clevelands big 3(Do they even have a big 3 i think its a big 2. LJ and MO) than Bostons big three. Also I think the lakers have more experience than the cavs as we have a vet in Pau Gasol, A rising bynum, Flashy Ariza, Sheldon Brown is stepping up who wil play a big role... And of course we have MAMBA

MVMarauder
04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Did i mention we beat the CAVS at HOME

lakerboy
04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't like the explanation "youll face a tougher road to the finals thus you'll tired by then". Last year we cruised by the playoffs (except for the hard road losses in Utah), and we were smoked by the Celtics.

I'd rather look at it this way. If you can win on the road, you can win the series.

king4day
04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Having only one loss at home shows how much it means to the Cavs to have that Home court.
LA's win doesn't make me say they are the only team that can do it. I'm sure Boston or Orlando will sneak in a win in Cleveland.

Both teams would win on the road if they met in the finals. It'd be tough to determine who would actually come out of it.
Probably LA if Bynum continues to jel well.

JordansBulls
04-15-2009, 04:04 PM
UMMMMM WHAT?

cavs will face this in playoffs my projections- pistons, hawks, celtics

lakers will face this in playoffs my projections- jazz, blazers, nuggets

You think cavs have it harder. OK i heard everything from u laker fans. This is just getting crazy now.

also the rockets, hornets, spurs could all do big time damage also. The West is insane.

Essentially the top teams should put away teams early. I just don't see what Boston did last year happening anytime soon. In fact, I believe they played the most games ever in one postseason of a team who actually won the title.

brendol
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
kobe, gasol, and bynum will be too much for the cavs in my opinion.

JayW_1023
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Gasol and Kobe in his prime along with Bynum and Odom...the Lakers are loaded allright.

If they were in the East they probably could've won 70 games even with the Bynum injury.

MVMarauder
04-15-2009, 04:49 PM
We will beat the Cavs in the finals if we face them. I stand by that.

TheShowzOver
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Cleveland will crumble at home in the playoffs. Mark my words. This isn't the old Boston Garden or anything like that. It's little Cleveland some random building with fans that only cheer when their team is doing good. If Bibby should of been calling any fans bandwagoners last year it's Cleveland fans. It's funny how the Cavs forums are completely dead during playoff games.

prodigy
04-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I think the Lakers can beat em. I would rather face the cavs than the celtics in the finals for one reason. The cavs dont match up to our starters like the celtics do. Id rather face clevelands big 3(Do they even have a big 3 i think its a big 2. LJ and MO) than Bostons big three. Also I think the lakers have more experience than the cavs as we have a vet in Pau Gasol, A rising bynum, Flashy Ariza, Sheldon Brown is stepping up who wil play a big role... And of course we have MAMBA

Z matches up great against the lakers, also don't forget about west.

prodigy
04-15-2009, 05:17 PM
We will beat the Cavs in the finals if we face them. I stand by that.

lottery numbers?

prodigy
04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Gasol and Kobe in his prime along with Bynum and Odom...the Lakers are loaded allright.

If they were in the East they probably could've won 70 games even with the Bynum injury.

wasn't the east better then the west in there meetings?

MickeyMgl
04-15-2009, 05:56 PM
I did not say they will win. i said they could. They could no question beat LA in there place and extend the series. Which is all thats needed.

Oh... kind of like there's no question the Pistons, Hawks, Heat, and Magic could beat the Cavs in Cleveland. I'm not saying they will, but they could.

harm0n1x
04-15-2009, 06:21 PM
NO celtics were much tougher.. lets be realistic we didnt have bynum the inside force.. lakers players were playing off position.. Lakers will go as far as how good bynum plays inside n the Key is HE MUST AVOID FOUL TROUBLE.. If lakers n cavs were to play.. trust me cavs are the one to be worried not lakers.. we always forget cavs are in east coast.. if that team was in west there is no way they would have best record in NBA... I think the team cavs should worry the most is Orlando first.. n lot of people gonna hate me for this but lakers should stay careful with portland.. we have hard time winning in portland so there is no way in the world we can lose 1 game at staple center.

ummm, the cavs are 26-4 against the western conference, 2 of those losses to the lakers. so, 26-2 against the rest of the west teams. and they wouldn't be that good in the west? give me a ****ing break. the cavs are a good team, can you just accept that already? i guess a potentional record tying 40-1 home record or 66(maybe 67)-15 overall record doesn't speak loud enough for itself. stop looking for any excuse you can to say they're not good, because they are, and they're very good.

RaiderLakersA's
04-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't see the Cavs going undefeated at home during the playoffs. My bet is at least two losses. A team will celebrate a season ending victory in Cleveland.

prodigy
04-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh... kind of like there's no question the Pistons, Hawks, Heat, and Magic could beat the Cavs in Cleveland. I'm not saying they will, but they could.

Of course they could. But 39-1 says alot.

tjlipford
04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Cleveland will crumble at home in the playoffs. Mark my words. This isn't the old Boston Garden or anything like that. It's little Cleveland some random building with fans that only cheer when their team is doing good. If Bibby should of been calling any fans bandwagoners last year it's Cleveland fans. It's funny how the Cavs forums are completely dead during playoff games.
First of all its not the Garden its the Q. The last time I checked there is no sold out Arena in the NBA when your team is winning 17-25 games a year so what are you talking about? Cleveland fans have always been loyal, its just we never win ******* so it may seem like that and we were not on national TV much until we got Lebron. Talk about the city all you want but Boston hasn't won here since like 04 so we do something right.

I like your username too cuz theshowzover for Boston.

mrblisterdundee
04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
The Cavaliers will take full advantage of home court and win a championship.

Cali4rnia
04-20-2009, 02:40 AM
ummm, the cavs are 26-4 against the western conference, 2 of those losses to the lakers. so, 26-2 against the rest of the west teams. and they wouldn't be that good in the west? give me a ****ing break. the cavs are a good team, can you just accept that already? i guess a potentional record tying 40-1 home record or 66(maybe 67)-15 overall record doesn't speak loud enough for itself. stop looking for any excuse you can to say they're not good, because they are, and they're very good.
Cav's only plays westcoast teams twice.... dont overrate cav's... they havent won shyt other den nba's best record... GOOD LUCK!! this years trophy has LA lakers written all over

NBA-FAN4EVER
04-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Last time I checked, the Lakers were 21-9 this year vs the East in just 30 games which means if they were in the East, they wouldn't have won 70 games. Infact, the Lakers and Cavs both lost more games vs the East than they did the West

Jay22Redd
04-20-2009, 09:28 AM
I think they will but unfortunately for them the Teams that can beat them there are the best teams in the League. If I was them I would be more worried about winning away against great opponents.

smart thinking:rolleyes:

I would also. If they cant win on the road, it could hurt. They're not going undefeated at home in the playoffs.

hotdogbun
04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
the cavs will lose finals games 1 and 6 @ home

USMCLaker
04-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Tougher at home, yes their home record indicates that and the Lakers do give games away that being said Lakers in 5 or 6 because the team is not going to want to let this series go to seven games.