PDA

View Full Version : Would you prefer having "HCA" in any series or would you rather start out on the road

JordansBulls
04-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Might be a silly question, but:

Would you prefer having "Homecourt Advantage" in any series or would you rather start out on the road?

Option A)
I Prefer my team having "Homecourt Advantage" even though it is more pressure on us to win.

Option B)
I would rather start the series on the "ROAD" because their is less pressure on my team to win the series.

NOTE: I think when you are a defending champion it might not be as important to have it in comparison with a team that hasn't won it all yet.

bahama0811
04-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I'd rather have HCA in any series. The Nuggets were 33-8 at home this year so they know how to win at home.

DrDEADalready
04-14-2009, 03:00 PM
As you can tell. we suck on the road. so HCA for us. but Looks like that will never happen :(

GREATNESS ONE
04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Homecourt and it's not even close.

EX-TREME
04-14-2009, 03:41 PM
hca

Ollie Tabooger
04-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Might be a silly question, but:

Would you prefer having "Homecourt Advantage" in any series or would you rather start out on the road?

Option A)
I Prefer my team having "Homecourt Advantage" even though it is more pressure on us to win.

Option B)
I would rather start the series on the "ROAD" because their is less pressure on my team to win the series.

NOTE: I think when you are a defending champion it might not be as important to have it in comparison with a team that hasn't won it all yet.

are you kidding? :confused:

Lakersfan2483
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I would rather have homecourt advantage in any series.

_Sn1P3r_
04-14-2009, 03:59 PM
HCA definitely.

JordansBulls
04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
are you kidding? :confused:

Some people may not like the pressure

pd7631
04-14-2009, 04:04 PM
If you have HCA then it means you're the better team. I'd always rather be the better team.

SteveNash
04-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I voted road though not because I feel there is less pressure.

If you're going to win a championship, you're going to have to win on the road, so relying on just winning all your home games isn't really going to work and isn't really a good attitude to take.

Winning on the road gives you a better feeling, with thousands of fans hating you, rooting against you, thinking they have the superior team. And then just going in their and being able to silence all of them.

Much better feeling IMO.

superkegger
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I voted road though not because I feel there is less pressure.

If you're going to win a championship, you're going to have to win on the road, so relying on just winning all your home games isn't really going to work and isn't really a good attitude to take.

Winning on the road gives you a better feeling, with thousands of fans hating you, rooting against you, thinking they have the superior team. And then just going in their and being able to silence all of them.

Much better feeling IMO.

But most times if you're on the road, you're not as good of a team as the team you are playing. If you win, sure it's great, but if you lose, then you go home down 2-0 with even more pressure.

To me it makes no sense to want to start on the road. No team in the playoffs is better on the road than at home. Every team is better at home. If you start at home, you're more comfortable, and I really don't think there's more pressure.

Chronz
04-15-2009, 12:21 AM
In the Finals its a no brainer, its hard for the team on the road to win 3 straight at home, which is what they have to accomplish if they are to steal homecourt advantage. In any other round, you get 2 cracks to tie the series at 1-1 and then you go home take care of business and go up 3-1. Id rather have HC though.

JordansBulls
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
In the Finals its a no brainer, its hard for the team on the road to win 3 straight at home, which is what they have to accomplish if they are to steal homecourt advantage. In any other round, you get 2 cracks to tie the series at 1-1 and then you go home take care of business and go up 3-1. Id rather have HC though.

It's hard in the finals to win 3 in a row at home, but generally speaking if teams are in the finals they should be good enough to win a road game.

DenButsu
04-15-2009, 12:49 AM
I think the total number of games is more important than where the first game is. So HCA every time.

JordansBulls
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I think the total number of games is more important than where the first game is. So HCA every time.

I believe HCA is important as well. Only time it might not be needed as much is if you are a defending champion because obviously at that time you know how to win on the road.

DenButsu
04-15-2009, 10:44 AM
An additional point to make, about the idea of "pressure" in the top post: By the time a team reaches the playoffs, they should be fired up to directly face and pressure that comes their way, and not shy away from it. Like Atlanta against Boston last year. If they're not ready to do that, they may as well just pick up their toys and go home. Like Denver against the Lakers last year.

DLeeicious
04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
I believe HCA is important as well. Only time it might not be needed as much is if you are a defending champion because obviously at that time you know how to win on the road.

Yeah you know how to win on the road at that point but you still would rather be at home an extra game. There is never a time a team would prefer to not have HCA, unless they are all masochists.

JordansBulls
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah you know how to win on the road at that point but you still would rather be at home an extra game. There is never a time a team would prefer to not have HCA, unless they are all masochists.

:laugh2:

leftymo
04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
This is a great poll.

It reminds us all how many on the board are smart and have common sense, and how many don't.

90% is a pretty good number. Only 10% of the board are ignorant.

leftymo
04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Last 25 years in the finals... HCA team is 19-6. Of the 6, 3 were defending champions.

tjlipford
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I think every team would rather have HCA, but for somebody like the Lakers I don't think it was a necessity like it was for the Cavs.

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Last 25 years in the finals... HCA team is 19-6. Of the 6, 3 were defending champions.

1993 (Defending Champion)
1995 (Defending Champion)
1998 (Defending Champion)

Those are the years that the team who had HCA in the finals lost and the () shows if the team was a defending champion or not that won it again.

theuuord
04-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Some people may not like the pressure

If you can't handle "pressure" then you should stay out of the NBA because you're going to get your butt kicked anyway.
Might as well take the added bonus of playing in front of people who enjoy watching you play basketball.

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
If you can't handle "pressure" then you should stay out of the NBA because you're going to get your butt kicked anyway.
Might as well take the added bonus of playing in front of people who enjoy watching you play basketball.

Then that would be about 95% of the NBA wouldn't it?

theuuord
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Then that would be about 95% of the NBA wouldn't it?

I have no idea what you're insinuating.

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 07:56 PM
I have no idea what you're insinuating.

That most guys don't like the pressure.

td0tsfinest
04-16-2009, 08:23 PM
If i'm the lakers playing the clippers, it doesn't matter :p

SteveNash
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM

The team with HCA is usually the better team. Do you think the Cavs would have upset the Spurs if the Cavs had HCA?

Another question, that goes along with my way of thinking for this topic I guess.

Would you rather face a team that is fully healthy or would you rather a star player for the opposing team get injured (real injured not PP injured)?

JordansBulls
04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
The team with HCA is usually the better team. Do you think the Cavs would have upset the Spurs if the Cavs had HCA?

Another question, that goes along with my way of thinking for this topic I guess.

Would you rather face a team that is fully healthy or would you rather a star player for the opposing team get injured (real injured not PP injured)?

The thing is the team with the HCA is the team with the better record. They are supposed to be the better team. It doesn't work by saying just switch the teams and say the other team has the homecourt. Because their records won't indicate the supposedly better team.

I do however believe that whenever it is two top seeds that it doesn't matter as much.