PDA

View Full Version : Sutter,Brodeur on hot seat?

Train64
04-14-2009, 09:44 AM
To me as a Devils fan,going into this series there is one person clearly on hot seat if Devs fall in 1st round and another who probably wont be but should and they are Brent Sutter and Marty Brodeur.Sutter has heard the whispers all year how he longs to be closer to his family,and if he were to go out early as a 3 seed once again,im sure Lou,will once again make a coaching change he feel he would need to make!On Brodeur,I know there is a 99% chance he will finish his HOF fame career as a Devil,but if he does not stand on his head and will the Devs pass the Canes in round 1,there would have to some fear in having an aging Goalie making 5.2 Million over the next 3 years when there are key FA decisions to be made(Gionta,Madden this year,Martin the following year and with a 24 year old Jay Bouwmeester available)..Brodeurs 50 game hiatus due to injury gave us hope that with not only can we "survive" without him,but one day real soon we will have to do that indeed!...I think the Devs have that X factor and can beat Carolina,but if it doesnt happen,Lou will have to start making real hard decisions on how he wants this franchise to look in a few years...without our legendary goalie,#30 Martin Brodeur.

mets_believer
04-14-2009, 04:04 PM
welll ... marty is going no where. okay glad we got that out of the way ... as for sutter i could careless. bring back lemaire.

statquo
04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I think Sutts misses his family out West and, I don't have a source, but I recall reading he's considering resigning at season's end to go back out west.

JetsYanksDevils
04-14-2009, 09:23 PM
i wish they played clemens more....i wish they cycled him and marty..the one thing i hate bout the devils is theyll never give to anyone but marty for example if we played the rangers we might lose the 1st 2 games and theyd still play marty over clemenson even though clemensen is 3-0 vs the rangers an marty is 0-3 this season they wont take that into consideration

mets_believer
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM
rangers are going out first round anyways.

NYNJ30
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
welll ... marty is going no where. okay glad we got that out of the way ... as for sutter i could careless. bring back lemaire.

:clap:

MonsterZero
04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Lemaire isgoing to take time off or retire. Sutter may resign to head back to western Canada but he doesn't deserve to be fired.

DT

friarfan07
04-25-2009, 01:50 PM
devils coaches are always on the hot seat with lou running things. can't really argue with it (3 cups in 10 years).

marty is and never will be on the hot seat. he's the reason we are who we are, and he's the consummate professional and teammate. best goalie in history.