PDA

View Full Version : Mark Fidryich passed away

Lionpride87
04-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Wow did you guys hear this? Detroit Tigers legend Mark "The Bird" Fidrych passed away at the age of 54.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090413&content_id=4252328&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Lionpride87
04-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Sorry, I saw this was mentioned in another thread.

Nikolishin
04-14-2009, 03:28 AM
o dont worry this was well deserving of its own thread. very sad day for us tiger fans. may he Rest In Peace

JackB
04-14-2009, 07:58 AM
He was so much fun to watch. The Big Bird thing. Talking to the ball and himself. Playing with the mound. What a shot in the arm he was to the Tigers and all of theTigers fans. And baseball. He came out of nowhere and was gone just as fast. At 54 he was way to young to die. Just goes to show you. Live for today because tomorrow isn't promised. Rest in peace Mark

stanpapi
04-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I still remember that summer, saw him pitch live and on TV so many times. Say all you want that it was just one year, but it was a hell of a year. He was wonderful... I just read about this and I'm quite floored. In life as in the game, all you can do is value the content over duration. We'll never see anyone like this again. 19-9 forever.

michigansports8
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm the one who made the comment on another thread ty foe makeing another he deserves it my dad cried because marks who got him into baseball and he got me into it so without bird I wouldn't be talking to u guys on here. We just interviwed him in Boston you know like last year. Rip he was a true showman talking to balls grooming the mound shKeing teamates hands after a great play use always get ur moneys worth to see him. Ule never see any rookie match what he did rip forever ur a legend:cry: