PDA

View Full Version : What will we get for Braylon Edwards

kosar4president
04-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I dont know any information on this yet . If you do, please post. I believe that there are a few offers out there. Here are my thoughts.

1. Braylon to the Eagles for pick 21 this year and 3rd rnd next year
2. Braylon to Giants for 1 st and 3 rd this year
3. Braylon to S.F for number 10 this year and 5 th next year.
4. Braylon to Denver for number 12 this year and 4th next year
5. Braylon to Oakland for number 7 pick this year and 6 th next year.

rhaas74
04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I would only do the Giants trade, and the last 3 will never happen. We need picks this year. The only way I would accept picks for next year is if they are performance based.

onthefasttrack0
04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
We will be lucky to get a 2nd Rounder for Edwards. Anyone that offers us a 1st rounder is foolish and we should immediately take it. If there was a two pick trade on the table my guess would be this:

Edwards for a low 2nd or high 3rd & 5th which the Browns won't accept.

Which is why Edwards will be a Brown this year.

DAWGPOUND
04-13-2009, 04:07 PM
We will be lucky to get a 2nd Rounder for Edwards. Anyone that offers us a 1st rounder is foolish and we should immediately take it. If there was a two pick trade on the table my guess would be this:

WHAT?!?!?!

A second rd pick...if we are lucky?? Please turn in your posting card for that one (Im playin).

The following WR's are the only WR's in the NFL that have more value than Braylon...Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall (without suspension) maybe Boldin, Thats it!! Do not say Houshmanzadeh, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Torry Holt, Plax, and Santana Moss (there older). Steve smith is better than Braylon but in terms of trade value...upside and age justifies the trade

Braylon on his game is a top 6 WR and there is so few of them espcially at his age. Braylon is top flight and has a shelf life of 6 to 7 really good years. He is at least a 1st and 3rd rd pick and a number 2..Dallas gave up a 1st, a 3rd, and a 5th for Roy Williams...Chad johnson was worth 2 1st rd picks to Washington just last year..

rhaas74
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Is that why the analysts are now saying that the Browns have an offer on the table of a 1st and a 3rd for him? Looks like they will let anyone with a pulse on this board.

onthefasttrack0
04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
WHAT?!?!?!

A second rd pick...if we are lucky?? Please turn in your posting card for that one (Im playin).

The following WR's are the only WR's in the NFL that have more value than Braylon...Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall (without suspension) maybe Boldin, Thats it!! Do not say Houshmanzadeh, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Torry Holt, Plax, and Santana Moss (there older). Steve smith is better than Braylon but in terms of trade value...upside and age justifies the trade

Braylon on his game is a top 6 WR and there is so few of them espcially at his age. Braylon is top flight and has a shelf life of 6 to 7 really good years. He is at least a 1st and 3rd rd pick and a number 2..Dallas gave up a 1st, a 3rd, and a 5th for Roy Williams...Chad johnson was worth 2 1st rd picks to Washington just last year..

Trust me when I say this. I am a lifelong Browns fan who went through the original Kardiac Kids Era as a kid. I had my Brian Sipe poster hanging on my wall.

We as Browns fans value our players much more than other teams do. I hate to say it but Edwards falls into the 2nd level of players you mentioned. He has had ONE good year. All of the players you mentioned have had MANY good years. This years draft has some real impact players and the 1st round is very deep. If I am an NFL G.M. I am not trading away my 1st pick for the league leader in drops. Someone mentioned TO led the league in drops one year. That is true because 1/2 of that teams passes were directed at him that year. The difference is he had already established hmself as the premier WR along with Randy Moss. I can't imagine how many passes BE would have dropped if he had that many coming his way. Unfortunately BE is not in that top tier, yet. His career is still young, but if the new regime is listening to trade discussions about him, doesn't that tell you something?

TheRedMarauder
04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
The Browns reportedly have an offer of a first-round draft pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, but they are looking for more.

Edwards is set to be a free agent after the 2009 season, so the prospective trading partner would have to forfeit the draft pick(s) and sign him to a long-term deal. The National Football Post's Michael Lombardi expects Edwards to be dealt before the season begins.

rotoworld

DAWGPOUND
04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Trust me when I say this. I am a lifelong Browns fan who went through the original Kardiac Kids Era as a kid. I had my Brian Sipe poster hanging on my wall.

We as Browns fans value our players much more than other teams do. I hate to say it but Edwards falls into the 2nd level of players you mentioned. He has had ONE good year. All of the players you mentioned have had MANY good years. This years draft has some real impact players and the 1st round is very deep. If I am an NFL G.M. I am not trading away my 1st pick for the league leader in drops. Someone mentioned TO led the league in drops one year. That is true because 1/2 of that teams passes were directed at him that year. The difference is he had already established hmself as the premier WR along with Randy Moss. I can't imagine how many passes BE would have dropped if he had that many coming his way. Unfortunately BE is not in that top tier, yet. His career is still young, but if the new regime is listening to trade discussions about him, doesn't that tell you something?

It tells me the organization is smart... They do not want to trade Braylon because he drops the ball... they want to trade Braylon becasue he doesn't want to be in Cleveland...Braylon is on the 8-10mil a year train and whoever is paying...he's going there. SO...With that said...if you can get a 1st and 3rd and probably a new 2 WR for him...u move him

Its the same verified reason that the Browns dumped Winslow...That dude got 20mil guaranteed!!

Braylon better be praying hard for a trade...because if he doesn't get a trade and he preforms becasuse of a contract year...he gettin TAGGED

Weidner9
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM

The fact that you are a lifelong browns fan only means that you are resilient and dedicated, it doesn't mean that your bright, in fact most would argue that you are not, lol. I am a lifelong browns as well and while im not as seasoned as some of you i was well educated on the cardiac kids and even early in the Jim Brown days and should have been the Ernie Davis Days (Just saw that movie and wow fantastic pretty depressing as a browns fan) While I agree that we overvalue our players, so does everyone in the league. Name me a fan that doesn't overvalue their players. It is widely known that the browns are sitting on 1st round picks for both braylon and quinn. Braylon is deserving of a 1st round pick, thus the reason we took him there in the first place!

DAWGPOUND
04-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Braylon to the Giants...I would demand not ask for number 29 and Steve Smith and a 5th rd pick...I think he is a good number 2 WR

17td
04-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Braylon to the Giants...I would demand not ask for number 29 and Steve Smith and a 5th rd pick...I think he is a good number 2 WR

Agreed! people puttin these rediculous posts up saying the best we can do with him is get a late second rounder and maybe a 5th rounder or somethin stupid. I say these people from other states that root for different teams better stay off of here tryin too convince browns fans that braylon isin't worth *****! He's our receiver and i stand behind him 100% and he is worth more than some of these idiot's are saying. If he won't resign than obviously trade him,but were not takin crap for him in return!!!

TheSnowman
04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
If we cannot get what we believe is fair for Braylon, he'll remain on the team, just like the Bengals did with Chad last year (although personally I think they were crazy for not taking the 2 firsts and resigning Housh). We can keep him on the squad, we need the weapon without The Soldier (K2), and force him to have a balls-out contract year IN CLEVELAND, after which we franchise him or let him bounce. Say Stallworth does him time/suspension and is able to play NEXT season when Braylon's scheduled to leave, wouldn't it be nice to have the option?

DAWGPOUND
04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
If we cannot get what we believe is fair for Braylon, he'll remain on the team, just like the Bengals did with Chad last year (although personally I think they were crazy for not taking the 2 firsts and resigning Housh). We can keep him on the squad, we need the weapon without The Soldier (K2), and force him to have a balls-out contract year IN CLEVELAND, after which we franchise him or let him bounce. Say Stallworth does him time/suspension and is able to play NEXT season when Braylon's scheduled to leave, wouldn't it be nice to have the option?

Snowman

Perhaps the worst non-trade ever!! With all BS drama from that situation...the Bengals could have had 2 1st round picks for him!!

Chad Johnson who was begging to get out on Cincy!!

If I were the owner of the Bengals...I would have fired everyone for that stupid move! I would have even fired the Water boy...just to satisfy me

TheSnowman
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Agreed. But just because it was a poor move to keep their receiver doesn't mean it would be horrendous for us to do the same. I'm not an expert, but I think that next years possible uncapped season would work out in our favor with Braylon, something to the tune of him either being considered a restricted free agent or franchised, so that we can have him for 2 years not just next season.

Stonevision
04-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey DAWGPOUND, don't forget about Reggie Wayne....

I'm glad somebody brought up Chad Ochocinco and the Bengals turning down 2 1st round picks. What do you think he's worth now? Certainly not 2 1st rounders.

Braylon had 16 TD's 2 years ago. Led the league and made the Pro Bowl. He had maybe 4 or 5 last year and ran away with the league lead in drops. Try as he might not even T.O. could keep up.

His trade value is at its highest right now. He's not going to lead the Browns to a Superbowl in 2009 and what happens if he has another crap season? You certainly don't franchise him and I doubt he'd sign a nice little 2 year - $4 million contract. He's gone as of March 1st.

Teams such as the Giants and Eagles feel as if they are one playmaker away from a championship and Braylon is one of the best options out there.

Take the lowest first round pick offered, shoot for a 3rd but most likely a 4th or 5th THIS YEAR. Also, see if you could get a conditional pick if he were to sign an extension

mc is da illest
04-14-2009, 04:41 PM

I usually save the insulting remarks for the Eagles forum, but this is stupid. there is no way JR is going to give up Steve Smith in a package. He is not going to give up picks and his best receiver to sign a player.

What sounds more realistic is 2nd, 5th, and Hixon (I rather him give up Moss).

I wonder if 1st and 5th and Moss would make this happen? That would still give the G-men 4 picks in the first 100 and would give the Browns three picks in the first 35 right?

DAWGPOUND
04-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey DAWGPOUND, don't forget about Reggie Wayne....

I'm glad somebody brought up Chad Ochocinco and the Bengals turning down 2 1st round picks. What do you think he's worth now? Certainly not 2 1st rounders.

Braylon had 16 TD's 2 years ago. Led the league and made the Pro Bowl. He had maybe 4 or 5 last year and ran away with the league lead in drops. Try as he might not even T.O. could keep up.

His trade value is at its highest right now. He's not going to lead the Browns to a Superbowl in 2009 and what happens if he has another crap season? You certainly don't franchise him and I doubt he'd sign a nice little 2 year - $4 million contract. He's gone as of March 1st.

Teams such as the Giants and Eagles feel as if they are one playmaker away from a championship and Braylon is one of the best options out there.

Take the lowest first round pick offered, shoot for a 3rd but most likely a 4th or 5th THIS YEAR. Also, see if you could get a conditional pick if he were to sign an extension

Did you really just blind side me with Reggie Wayne???

He's a system guy...cant run by anyone...plays with this QB named Peyton Manning (1st ballot HOF)...had this other guy opposite of him named Marvin Harrison (he's claiming he didnt pull the trigger, but he is also a HOF).

Just my thoughts....

Great points on Braylon...hes gone

DAWGPOUND
04-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I usually save the insulting remarks for the Eagles forum, but this is stupid. there is no way JR is going to give up Steve Smith in a package. He is not going to give up picks and his best receiver to sign a player.

What sounds more realistic is 2nd, 5th, and Hixon (I rather him give up Moss).

I wonder if 1st and 5th and Moss would make this happen? That would still give the G-men 4 picks in the first 100 and would give the Browns three picks in the first 35 right?

Stupid...HMMMM

Trading is about a players value not what your opinion is...you need to remove yourself from the emotion of the trade while being a Giants fan

Washington was going to give Cincy 2 1st rd picks for Chad "Cancer" Johnson (FACT)
The Cowboys gave up a higher 1st, 3rd, and 5th than what the Giants have offered to obtain Roy Williams (FACT)...Braylon is deemed to have more value because of his upside and age.

So given the market verification of one trade offer and one verifiable trade proposal...the market for Braylon is as such to the Giants...a 1st, a 3rd, and because the Browns have the leverage....SS

The Giants are stacked as a team and will ultimately only keep 4 or 5 of there draft picks so trading picks is a no big deal. The Giants have already have a PROVEN inability to win without PLAX or a big name playmaker (FACT).

Also...your boy Reese (Who I like BTW)...just invested how many millions into his defense?? Its a huge number...So to protect his investment in the defense he will have to give up a premium to obtain BE becasue he knows he cant win the SUPERBOWL (and that is the expectation of the organiztion) without a WR...

Now go with me to 20,000 feet and now lets look down....

Giants: they get a #1 WR
Browns get SS (a #2WR)and the 1st rd pick (29)..and some filler picks

The Giants will simply draft a WR (probably Robiskie to replace SS) at #45.

So you end up with Braylon and Robiskie

Son of Prodigy
04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
At work earlier, i read an article that stated the EAGLES were pondering a trade...

Browns get:
2 first round picks
Third round pick

Eagles get:
Braylon Edwards
#5 overall pick (Offensive Lineman)

There was a question on either reggie brown was included to the browns.... i am looking for the source, but to me if we are asking for a 1st and 3rd for braylon we'd be swapping first round picks for nothing? Think there would have to be a tad bit more.

Thoughts?

EastCoastBaller
04-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Browns are 2010 First Pick Winners!

In the 2010 NFL Draft the Browns have selected: Sam Bradford

TheRedMarauder
04-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Browns beat writer Mary Kay Cabot believes there's an 80 percent chance that Braylon Edwards will be traded this offseason.

The Browns reportedly have a first-rounder on the table right now. Edwards' contract is up after 2009 and he's said to be looking for upwards of $10 million per year, which the Browns are very hesitant to pay. Similar to Kellen Winslow, Edwards may need a change of scenery with a team willing to extend his contract.

Citing two sources "with knowledge of the negotiations," Yahoo Sports reports that the Giants are expected to trade for Braylon Edwards before the April 25-26 NFL Draft.

"The Giants are going to have to up the offer a bit, but (the Browns) are willing to move him," a source said. "The Giants are motivated." Edwards is an ideal fit to replace Plaxico Burress at split end in New York. With Rob Royal and David Patten as their top pass catchers left, however, new OC Brian Daboll is going to deserve a medal if Cleveland finishes above 25th in offense.

The NY Daily News backs a Yahoo report that the Giants have reopened trade talks with the Browns regarding Braylon Edwards and calls the discussions "more substantial now than they were."

The Daily News says Cleveland is "eager to make a deal." The Giants have ten draft picks and the Browns are expected to command at least first- and third-rounders. Cleveland also may ask for Mathias Kiwanuka, who would play outside linebacker in Eric Mangini's 3-4. The Giants do not want to part with Kiwi, but may counter with one or two of their young receivers.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Profootballtalk.com hears that a Braylon Edwards trade to the Giants is unlikely, despite two reports to the contrary.

PFT suggests both sides are "posturing," with Cleveland leaking rumors to drive up Edwards' market, and New York holding out "until the Browns drop their asking price" and Edwards his contract demands. The Browns are said to be asking for Mathias Kiwanuka. Edwards wants to be paid $10M a year.

Sources tell Newsday's Tom Rock that no Braylon Edwards-to-Giants trade is imminent and nothing should be expected "in the next few days."

Another day, another Braylon Edwards trade rumor blows over. Rock does acknowledge that the Browns and Giants are in active talks but says New York is not the "mystery" team with a first-round pick on the table for Edwards.

rotoworld

Conflicting reports abound.

Stonevision
04-14-2009, 11:45 PM
This is starting to get intense. I wouldn't expect anything to be announced until draft day which is waaaaaaaaaaay too far away right now. I wanna know who this "mystery" team is. Somebody from the NFC not named the Eagles or Giants?

As far as the aformentioned trade to Philly:

Browns get:
2 first round picks
Third round pick

Eagles get:
Braylon Edwards

I don't care who else they would package in this deal, don't do it!!! They should get the 2 1st rounders for the #5 alone. I actually though that might happen a while back. Especially if Monroe or J. Smith were available at #5.

reddog830
04-15-2009, 12:10 AM
lol this is becoming amazing..... between reports from cleveland news and these posts it's hilllllllllllarious.... ya braylon wants out.... which means we need a new #1 receiver if he's gone..... but the pick between phili and cleveland that's being shown deosn't make a bit of sense.... we trade BE for practically a 3rd round pick??? oh well... less then 2 weeks away....

gobrownsgo66
04-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Stupid...HMMMM

Trading is about a players value not what your opinion is...you need to remove yourself from the emotion of the trade while being a Giants fan

Washington was going to give Cincy 2 1st rd picks for Chad "Cancer" Johnson (FACT)
The Cowboys gave up a higher 1st, 3rd, and 5th than what the Giants have offered to obtain Roy Williams (FACT)...Braylon is deemed to have more value because of his upside and age.

So given the market verification of one trade offer and one verifiable trade proposal...the market for Braylon is as such to the Giants...a 1st, a 3rd, and because the Browns have the leverage....SS

The Giants are stacked as a team and will ultimately only keep 4 or 5 of there draft picks so trading picks is a no big deal. The Giants have already have a PROVEN inability to win without PLAX or a big name playmaker (FACT).

Also...your boy Reese (Who I like BTW)...just invested how many millions into his defense?? Its a huge number...So to protect his investment in the defense he will have to give up a premium to obtain BE becasue he knows he cant win the SUPERBOWL (and that is the expectation of the organiztion) without a WR...

I like the basis behind your idea. I think the two sides have been in negotiations for a while because the Browns want Steve Smith to be a part of this deal and the Giants will not budge. Steve Smith does possess some trade value and so I believe your asking price of SS, 1st round pick, and filler picks may be too high.

Browns: SS and the #29 pick
Giants: Braylon Edwards

I think this is more realistic, forget the filler picks. And even still, the Giants will be hesitant to do this. Bottom line is, I think the Browns NEED to get a first round pick and a receiver in this deal. Adding Smith and then possibly drafting Crabtree would give us a good young receiving corps heading into next season with tons of potential. Thoughts?

giants9689
04-15-2009, 03:03 AM
Stupid...HMMMM

what leverage do you have. The Browns want this trade to happen just as much as the giants do. The Giants see him as the missing piece to a superbowl but the browns also realize 1. they are in rebuiling and 2. he's most likely not going to be back after this season anyway. That already takes away a lot of the leverage because they don't want to keep him around for a 4-12 season and then lose them when they could of gotten a few picks for him. You are saying we are over valuing our players but you are guilty of the same thing. While I think Braylon is a great athlete and has loads of potential he has only had one great year and the other 3 were mediocre.

If the browns were willing a couple of weeks ago to accept a package of a 2nd 5th and steve smith, why now would they have the leverage to say to the giants we want a 1st 3rd and steve smith. That is a HUGE difference. Sorry buddy hate to come into your forum and bash you but you're not right on this one.

Son of Prodigy
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
This is starting to get intense. I wouldn't expect anything to be announced until draft day which is waaaaaaaaaaay too far away right now. I wanna know who this "mystery" team is. Somebody from the NFC not named the Eagles or Giants?

Browns get:
2 first round picks
Third round pick

Eagles get:
Braylon Edwards

I don't care who else they would package in this deal, don't do it!!! They should get the 2 1st rounders for the #5 alone. I actually though that might happen a while back. Especially if Monroe or J. Smith were available at #5.

I completely agree, if that is what the eagles were to propose as an offer i would have to say it is on the small side. I think to command braylon and the #5 pick, it would take more than 2 1st, a third, and reggie brown.

I also would agree that the eagles very well could be in this because of the needs at WR and wanting to get a good OT early, however i would MUCH rather get a WR in return from the Giants than anyone the eagles would be willing to give up.

I believe the eagles have 12 picks in this draft so they have some room to through picks at us.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
You're wrong to think that Cleveland wants this deal to happen as much as New York. WE have a receiver who scored 16 touchdowns in 2007, who's left in your corps? We absolutely have the option, and I've repeated this several times, of KEEPING Braylon for this next season, after which we have the option of franchising him, or letting him become a RESTRICTED free agent in 2010, so we would get much better draft consideration if he left in this scenario. The leverage IS ours. If we cannot get what we believe to be proper, the brass absolutely have the option of hanging onto him. And if we do trade Quinn, wouldn't it be nice to have SOMEONE to throw to if we don't end up drafting Crabtree and end up with Donte Stallworth in prison?

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:51 AM
I believe we would get a third round conditional pick if B.E. is gone.

phitautimmy
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Browns get:
2 first round picks
Third round pick

Eagles get:
Braylon Edwards

Just my illogical thinking but what if the mystery team was Carolina and we swapped Braylon for Peppers straight up.... I know this won't happen, but hey I can dream right?

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Well, I can confirm that the mystery team(there maybe more than one) is the Oakland Raiders. Expect them to up the offer to 7 th overall pick and Fargas and maybe a 4th. I would take just the 7 th and Fargas. This deal will happen if we dont get the Giants 1st and 6th and Steve Smith or Kiwi.

phitautimmy
04-15-2009, 10:19 AM
^^^^ What sources do you have?

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 10:47 AM
I like the basis behind your idea. I think the two sides have been in negotiations for a while because the Browns want Steve Smith to be a part of this deal and the Giants will not budge. Steve Smith does possess some trade value and so I believe your asking price of SS, 1st round pick, and filler picks may be too high.

Browns: SS and the #29 pick
Giants: Braylon Edwards

I think this is more realistic, forget the filler picks. And even still, the Giants will be hesitant to do this. Bottom line is, I think the Browns NEED to get a first round pick and a receiver in this deal. Adding Smith and then possibly drafting Crabtree would give us a good young receiving corps heading into next season with tons of potential. Thoughts?

The more I think about it...Your correct...we do not need the filler picks...SS is a good number 2...We can draft Crabtree and still have a legit 1, 2 punch and at 29...I think the Browns will angle for Alex Mack...they really need a Center

cle12152433
04-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Well, I can confirm that the mystery team(there maybe more than one) is the Oakland Raiders. Expect them to up the offer to 7 th overall pick and Fargas and maybe a 4th. I would take just the 7 th and Fargas. This deal will happen if we dont get the Giants 1st and 6th and Steve Smith or Kiwi.

Yea who is this source?? Ive checked around Yahoo, PFT, Rotoworld, SI, and ESPN and cannot find anything to confirm this??

Are you that secret front office spy who everyone hates because you leak rumors that are true but teams have to deny them????

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 10:58 AM
what leverage do you have. The Browns want this trade to happen just as much as the giants do. The Giants see him as the missing piece to a superbowl but the browns also realize 1. they are in rebuiling and 2. he's most likely not going to be back after this season anyway. That already takes away a lot of the leverage because they don't want to keep him around for a 4-12 season and then lose them when they could of gotten a few picks for him. You are saying we are over valuing our players but you are guilty of the same thing. While I think Braylon is a great athlete and has loads of potential he has only had one great year and the other 3 were mediocre.

If the browns were willing a couple of weeks ago to accept a package of a 2nd 5th and steve smith, why now would they have the leverage to say to the giants we want a 1st 3rd and steve smith. That is a HUGE difference. Sorry buddy hate to come into your forum and bash you but you're not right on this one.

Great points! I disagree on the leverage piece

Cmon...you saw the Giants invest how much into there defense?? It was a lot...Who is more likely to win the superbowl this year? IMO, the Giants have a proven inability to win a football game without a playmaking WR. Hixon, SS, Moss, Boss, whoever...they are role players, but not playmakers. Eli Manning is not a great QB (which is fine because he is good enough), and he needs a playmaker to help him out. BE is a WR who can win the jump ball...He drops a lot of passes, but there have been the WOW! (St Louis game 07)..He caught that moments that never get into the press

It is also my opinion.. that even because we are having this dicussion that the Giants organization is in belief that they need a WR...they will not admit it publicly, but this is the 2nd time this discussion has happened.

Bey and Nicks, are probably gone by the time 29 comes around. Britt and Robiskie are SS style and dont have enough eliteness at this point to plug and play and be the 70/1200/8 guy that they covet.

The Browns want the trade to happen...but remember...come 2010, TAG-Braylons it!!

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Great stuff...asuming you can provide sources

Whats stopping you from dishing?

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
You're wrong to think that Cleveland wants this deal to happen as much as New York. WE have a receiver who scored 16 touchdowns in 2007, who's left in your corps? We absolutely have the option, and I've repeated this several times, of KEEPING Braylon for this next season, after which we have the option of franchising him, or letting him become a RESTRICTED free agent in 2010, so we would get much better draft consideration if he left in this scenario. The leverage IS ours. If we cannot get what we believe to be proper, the brass absolutely have the option of hanging onto him. And if we do trade Quinn, wouldn't it be nice to have SOMEONE to throw to if we don't end up drafting Crabtree and end up with Donte Stallworth in prison?

Great Point!!

Essex Ace
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Wow...I hope that this trade is true. Fargas + Lewis and the 5th and 7th pick!! Crabtree then Rey Rey or Raji...this would exponentially help the Browns.

TheRedMarauder
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
CBS Sports reports that the Giants are working on a trade to acquire Braylon Edwards, but considers the deal "a work in progress."

"Something is going on," a league executive told CBS Sports' Clark Judge, "and the Giants are in the middle of it." One scout considers most of the Giants' current wideouts "No. 3 receivers...so there's definitely a need." It sounds like the negotiations could be ongoing right up until April 25.

According to the New York Post, "there is no new news to indicate" that Braylon Edwards is "expected" to be dealt to the Giants before the draft as Yahoo.com reported Tuesday.

The Giants remain interested, but Edwards' reported demands of upwards of $10 million per year and the Browns' asking price of a first- and third-rounder are stumbling blocks. Still, the Giants realize the chances of landing an impact receiver late in the first round are slim.

rotoworld

GGGGG-Men
04-15-2009, 01:03 PM

My team is desperate....I wouldn't be surprised if you get our 1st round pick for him. I highly doubt you guys will get Steve Smith from us though. He's our money slot receiver. Poor man's Wes Welker and a 3rd down coverting machine with good chemistry with Eli.

Hopefully this will get done soon and end the anticipation and I hope it ends well for both of us!

Good luck guys!

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
My team is desperate....I wouldn't be surprised if you get our 1st round pick for him. I highly doubt you guys will get Steve Smith from us though. He's our money slot receiver. Poor man's Wes Welker and a 3rd down coverting machine with good chemistry with Eli.

Hopefully this will get done soon and end the anticipation and I hope it ends well for both of us!

Good luck guys!

I think one of three pieces needs to be in place. Those are either we get your 1st rounder, Kiwi, or Steve Smith. I would expect a third rounder with the first two and the second and fifth combo with Smith. Any other way I just dont see it happening. The Browns wont take a discount on Edwards and that might be a problem, but I agree with them on it cause he was one of the top WR two years ago.

fire2last
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM

While I can see Al Davis doing something this stupid I simply don't believe your post. Sure BE for a 7th is a decent deal for Davis until you factor in that he wants $10 mil/year...he's not worth that kind of money. Unless Davis or any other team sits down with BE and hammers out an extension with him I don't see us getting such a high pick for him.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah I for sure don't see that deal happening with the Raiders. They'll stick with their 7 pick and draft a receiver of their choice, I see it being Maclin..

Brownsfan4life
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
trading Edwards would be dumb. He is going to rebound and have a great year as long as we have a stable QB. Tell me what was different between 07and 08. Nothing except how many catches he had. He ONLY had ONE more drop in 08 then he had in 07 with almost 30 less catches. That tells me he wasn't getting the ball enough. Why because our offense was so predictable. Lewis was not the same in 08 as he was in 07. That allowed more teams to stack the secondary and cover only Edwards. I mean most our receivers were hurt. KW2 was hurt half the season. Joe J missed it all. Stallworth missed most and never got into a groove. Keep Edwards. He is a restricted FA next year which means we can match any offer he receives or if we don't match then we get a 1st rounder from who ever signs him. He will not be a very attractive FA. Or we just franchise him and then trade him. Either way we need to get at least another year out of him.

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
trading Edwards would be dumb. He is going to rebound and have a great year as long as we have a stable QB. Tell me what was different between 07and 08. Nothing except how many catches he had. He ONLY had ONE more drop in 08 then he had in 07 with almost 30 less catches. That tells me he wasn't getting the ball enough. Why because our offense was so predictable. Lewis was not the same in 08 as he was in 07. That allowed more teams to stack the secondary and cover only Edwards. I mean most our receivers were hurt. KW2 was hurt half the season. Joe J missed it all. Stallworth missed most and never got into a groove. Keep Edwards. He is a restricted FA next year which means we can match any offer he receives or if we don't match then we get a 1st rounder from who ever signs him. He will not be a very attractive FA. Or we just franchise him and then trade him. Either way we need to get at least another year out of him.

I understand your logic on us being able to get value out of him next year. But, I think trading Edwards is the only way that they can logically take Crabtree. I am not saying that this is the pick we need to make, but think of this. Crabtree is the best WR in one of the best WR classes we have seen in a while. The guy is special. However, do you see the Browns being able to justify it to everyone if Edwards is still on the team? If we can get a first and more out of him this year, then we can get a possible elite WR along with being able to get a rush OLB. Since most people have been debating that taking a tweener at 5 is too much of a risk, then why not take one with the pick we get from Edwards? Gives us the WR for the future and our OLB to go opposite Wimbley, hopefully taking away some double teams.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Those 2 positions are the way to go, specifically with Crabtree. Let's try to get a WR next year...NOT. We won't get anyone as close to his quality, and we'll need WR even more next season. Also, other needs can be approached next draft, as it will probably be richer in other positions. Stick to both where our needs fall and the 2 strongest positions in this draft: WR and LB. I also suggest we look at a LB/safety (Chung?) in the 2nd, along with LeSean McCoy, who I think will be a beast and would work well in tandem with what I think should be Jamal Lewis's last year, barring a ridiculous resurgence.

Brownsfan4life
04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I understand your logic on us being able to get value out of him next year. But, I think trading Edwards is the only way that they can logically take Crabtree. I am not saying that this is the pick we need to make, but think of this. Crabtree is the best WR in one of the best WR classes we have seen in a while. The guy is special. However, do you see the Browns being able to justify it to everyone if Edwards is still on the team? If we can get a first and more out of him this year, then we can get a possible elite WR along with being able to get a rush OLB. Since most people have been debating that taking a tweener at 5 is too much of a risk, then why not take one with the pick we get from Edwards? Gives us the WR for the future and our OLB to go opposite Wimbley, hopefully taking away some double teams.

i still don't think we take Crabtree. Like u said this receiver class is deep. Plus I would rather take a tweener at 5 then a WR. They are just too risky and almost never produce right away. So by taking crabtree we are saying its a rebuilding process for multiple years not just a few. At this point lets just trade Quinn and DA sign Dorsey back and play for Bradford next season. Just today I am seeing experts saying harvin might be dropping out of the 1st round. He would be a great number 2 receiver. Also Kipers board has Nicks and Heyward Bey going in the 2nd round as well. Ideally we should trade out of that 5th pick and give us more options. I really think Phily is going to call about the 5th. They really really want LT and they will all be gone by 11. I would trade out and get more picks so we can take harvin,Heyward bey or nicks in the 2nd rd with McCoy later on in the 2nd.

Plus Tweeners have a very good success rate. We are just burnt because of Wimbley, but a lot of Browns fans understandably are very impatient. Look at the top pass Rushing OLBs in the league. Almost all were DE's in college. Merrian,Suggs,Ware just a few at the top of my head. So if we can't trade down I would much rather see us take Orapko over Crabtree. I Do not want to be the Lions and be drafting wrs in the top 10 everyyear.

Brownsfan4life
04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Those 2 positions are the way to go, specifically with Crabtree. Let's try to get a WR next year...NOT. We won't get anyone as close to his quality, and we'll need WR even more next season. Also, other needs can be approached next draft, as it will probably be richer in other positions. Stick to both where our needs fall and the 2 strongest positions in this draft: WR and LB. I also suggest we look at a LB/safety (Chung?) in the 2nd, along with LeSean McCoy, who I think will be a beast and would work well in tandem with what I think should be Jamal Lewis's last year, barring a ridiculous resurgence.

Who says we need a Wr even more next season? And we do not know which Wrs are going to step in year in college.

Rockets&Browns
04-15-2009, 08:39 PM
While I can see Al Davis doing something this stupid I simply don't believe your post. Sure BE for a 7th is a decent deal for Davis until you factor in that he wants $10 mil/year...he's not worth that kind of money. Unless Davis or any other team sits down with BE and hammers out an extension with him I don't see us getting such a high pick for him.

Do you think Al Davis would rather pay a Crabtree or Maclin nearly $30 million guaranteed or give a Pro Bowler, probably less with these ridiculous rookie contracts?!?!?!?

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:36 PM
I am a former sports show host from Pa that was an affiliate of the Cleveland Browns Radio Network. Knowing alot of the guys, we email each other and that is my source. They were right about Winslow, so I trust them. Also, remember, just because there is talk does not mean that the deal can get done, everything is just a rumor until it is a done deal. The Browns forum is the best forum on here.

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Do you think Al Davis would rather pay a Crabtree or Maclin nearly $30 million guaranteed or give a Pro Bowler, probably less with these ridiculous rookie contracts?!?!?!?

This is the best post I have seen in a while.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
I hope we trade him to the Raiders, because then we don't have to worry about him burning us because Oakland will not be competitive for some time. No one wants to be there. There's the ultimate burn for Braylon: he complains all the time that Ohio doesn't like him because he went to Michigan, and it turns out we torch him by dropping him off in a pit for a few years just like Moss haha.

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
i still don't think we take Crabtree. Like u said this receiver class is deep. Plus I would rather take a tweener at 5 then a WR. They are just too risky and almost never produce right away. So by taking crabtree we are saying its a rebuilding process for multiple years not just a few. At this point lets just trade Quinn and DA sign Dorsey back and play for Bradford next season. Just today I am seeing experts saying harvin might be dropping out of the 1st round. He would be a great number 2 receiver. Also Kipers board has Nicks and Heyward Bey going in the 2nd round as well. Ideally we should trade out of that 5th pick and give us more options. I really think Phily is going to call about the 5th. They really really want LT and they will all be gone by 11. I would trade out and get more picks so we can take harvin,Heyward bey or nicks in the 2nd rd with McCoy later on in the 2nd.

Plus Tweeners have a very good success rate. We are just burnt because of Wimbley, but a lot of Browns fans understandably are very impatient. Look at the top pass Rushing OLBs in the league. Almost all were DE's in college. Merrian,Suggs,Ware just a few at the top of my head. So if we can't trade down I would much rather see us take Orapko over Crabtree. I Do not want to be the Lions and be drafting wrs in the top 10 everyyear.

What I am saying is that we look into Crabtree and then take Connor Barwin or Larry English in the second. That is of course if someone falls to us there that shouldn't, like how Kiper has Matthews falling to us in the second. I dont see this happening but would love it. I think if we wait until the second round to take one of these guys we will get a better all around OLB rather than just a rush OLB. If we take Orakpo at 5 he is mainly going to be a rusher. You have to remember that Mangini and Ryan are not going to be running the over aggressive 3-4 style that Baltimore and Pitt run. With that said we already have our rush OLB in Wimbley. We need to get someone that can rush the QB, but also drop back into coverage. With Wimbley the RB will be scraping to the side that he is on to help out. This would leave the other side open for when we do rush.

WRs dont normally produce right away like you stated. But if we utilize him right he can be productive. Look at Donnie Avery and DeSean Jackson from last year. Yes we could wait for a WR in the second round. But take a look at the teams picking in the end of the first round. Almost all of them could be in the market for a WR. And I think that there would be a bigger drop off in talent from Crabtree to the guy we could get to Orakpo and Barwin or English. That is why I think they should take a look at this scenario. Especially if the Edwards trade talks are real, becuase WR would be an even bigger need over OLB.

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Who says we need a Wr even more next season? And we do not know which Wrs are going to step in year in college.

Who says we need a WR even more next season? How about the only way we can retain Edwards after next year is to tag him. That means we will be paying him top 5 money, which will limit us cap space wise.

Brownsfan4life
04-15-2009, 11:28 PM
What I am saying is that we look into Crabtree and then take Connor Barwin or Larry English in the second. That is of course if someone falls to us there that shouldn't, like how Kiper has Matthews falling to us in the second. I dont see this happening but would love it. I think if we wait until the second round to take one of these guys we will get a better all around OLB rather than just a rush OLB. If we take Orakpo at 5 he is mainly going to be a rusher. You have to remember that Mangini and Ryan are not going to be running the over aggressive 3-4 style that Baltimore and Pitt run. With that said we already have our rush OLB in Wimbley. We need to get someone that can rush the QB, but also drop back into coverage. With Wimbley the RB will be scraping to the side that he is on to help out. This would leave the other side open for when we do rush.

WRs dont normally produce right away like you stated. But if we utilize him right he can be productive. Look at Donnie Avery and DeSean Jackson from last year. Yes we could wait for a WR in the second round. But take a look at the teams picking in the end of the first round. Almost all of them could be in the market for a WR. And I think that there would be a bigger drop off in talent from Crabtree to the guy we could get to Orakpo and Barwin or English. That is why I think they should take a look at this scenario. Especially if the Edwards trade talks are real, becuase WR would be an even bigger need over OLB.

A lot of what you said is why I hope that we trade down. However if we do trade Braylon then I would be ok with taking Crabtree, but only if we trade edwards. Your right Orapko is mainly just a rush passer but he is someone that can produce right away. Which Crabtree may not be able to do. With no other decent receivers on roster then teams will just double team Crabtree all day for 3 years before he is hanging out with Carlos Rogers,Mike Williams,and co. Thats why I would hope the team does not trade Edwards and we pick a wr in the 2nd rd like Nicks, Harvin(if he does indeed drop),HeywardBey, or Britt. They would all fit nicely across from Edwards and If we do not have Edwards after next season maybe then can fill in for him. I am Begging for them to trade down with philly and take mathews and Rey or even Mathews and Moreno. Or any combo of OLB and a need. Then we can take a Wr at 36 and a saftey or cb at 50. Point being Browns FO PLEASE PLEASE Trade down.

Who says we need a WR even more next season? How about the only way we can retain Edwards after next year is to tag him. That means we will be paying him top 5 money, which will limit us cap space wise.

He is a Restricted FA next year. Which means we can match any offer give to him. And if he has a great year next year and we do franchise him The Giants will probably still need a #1 receiver so his stock will be a lot higher then.
But on the flip side if he has a bad year again then who knows..

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 12:00 AM
OK here is my thinking...if this trade with the Raiders goes through (which I am really hoping it does) then the Browns are set at RB. I would then hope we trade DA for a 2nd round pick (I wouldn't trade Quinn under any circumstances although that may happen); lets say Detroit stuns the world and picks Jason Smith and trades the 33 for DA. The Browns would then have the #5, #7, #33, #36, #50. At #5 draft WR Crabtree. At #7 draft OLB Orapko. At #33 C Alex Mack. At #36 S Smith. At #50 DE Miola. With our 4th I would suggest drafting a tall WR, specifically Ramses Barden of Cal (6'6", 227 lbs.). So the Browns would then look like this:

QB - Quinn
RB - Lewis/Fargas/Harrison
FB - Vickers
WR - Crabtree/Barden/Steptoe/Cribbs
TE - Royal/Rucker/Heiden
T - Thomas/St. Clair-Tucker
G - Steinbach/Womack-Tucker
C- Mack-Fraley

DE - Miola-R.Smith/Williams-S.Smith
DT - Rogers
OLB - Orakpo-Hall/Wimbley
ILB - Barton/Jackson
CB - McDonald/Wright and our depth guys
FS - Pool-Adams
SS - Smith-Adams
(I might have the safeties backward not sure)

This wouldn't make the playoffs but would be a great start! And next year we could draft Taylor Mays.

Thoughts? (I'm sure none of this will happen but it is realistic and is what I would strive for if I was the Browns).

fire2last
04-16-2009, 01:08 AM

$10 mil guaranteed for 4 years or $5 mil guaranteed for 6 (ie Calvin Johnson). Sure BE was a probowler but was far from that form last year. If he's becoming a headcase I don't want him especially for 10 mil/year.

BE could be a probowler or could circle the drain and continue to lose his confidence. A rookie, say Crabtree, could become a star or could pot out. Seems like both are somewhat similar but the rookie would be less of a financial risk.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM
OK here is my thinking...if this trade with the Raiders goes through (which I am really hoping it does) then the Browns are set at RB. I would then hope we trade DA for a 2nd round pick (I wouldn't trade Quinn under any circumstances although that may happen); lets say Detroit stuns the world and picks Jason Smith and trades the 33 for DA. The Browns would then have the #5, #7, #33, #36, #50. At #5 draft WR Crabtree. At #7 draft OLB Orapko. At #33 C Alex Mack. At #36 S Smith. At #50 DE Miola. With our 4th I would suggest drafting a tall WR, specifically Ramses Barden of Cal (6'6", 227 lbs.). So the Browns would then look like this:

QB - Quinn
RB - Lewis/Fargas/Harrison
FB - Vickers
WR - Crabtree/Barden/Steptoe/Cribbs
TE - Royal/Rucker/Heiden
T - Thomas/St. Clair-Tucker
G - Steinbach/Womack-Tucker
C- Mack-Fraley

DE - Miola-R.Smith/Williams-S.Smith
DT - Rogers
OLB - Orakpo-Hall/Wimbley
ILB - Barton/Jackson
CB - McDonald/Wright and our depth guys
FS - Pool-Adams
SS - Smith-Adams
(I might have the safeties backward not sure)

This wouldn't make the playoffs but would be a great start! And next year we could draft Taylor Mays.

Thoughts? (I'm sure none of this will happen but it is realistic and is what I would strive for if I was the Browns).

Your right. This is ideal.

giants9689
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
another little interesting tidbit

rockythompson : 9:15 am

The rumor that Braylon Edwards is going to be a Giant is alive and still buzzing.

It comes from a Giant official that spoke with the Browns who called the NFL offices to get specific information about one of the conditions involved in the trade. I spoke with a person that works for the person that was called, so the information is twice removed, take it for what it's worth.

I don't have many specifics, what I know:

There are 3 draft picks involved and a performance clause. 80 catches for Edwards this season determines how high the draft pick(s) is/are but it is not clear whether or not all three drafts picks come from the Giants. No Giant players have been mentioned.

The deal was set to be announced tomorrow but the Giants are holding it up, reason unknown.

I asked if there was anyway my connection could go back to the boss and get me more info and was told that that's all the boss probably knows since he wasn't faxed a copy of the contract, he was only asked for facts and figures on one specific part of the deal. I'm told he's not very sociable and probably doesn't know what BBI is, in other words, I'm lucky I got what I got, shut up and get off the phone! I took the hint.

Certainly nothing concrete here but my source is reliable and called me, I'm confident there is a deal in place but without more specifics, I'll stay buried in this thread and fuel the speculation, if I get anything more, I'll try to get myself a sticky...

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
It makes sense. My source from the radio network is saying that the deal with the Giants is getting more likely since the Raiders are apparently not moving fast enough. The deal supposedly would be a 1 st, 3 rd this year , and condtional pick for next year on performance. The 3 rd could be a 4th. I have been told both ways. I was hoping the Raiders would act quick but there were too many other factors I guess, but I can tell you that the offer was definately what was asked by the Browns.

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
The longer the Browns wait, the more they will get for Edwards. I see no harm in waiting to see if the Raiders talks heat up. Maybe the Browns could get even more from them. Plus Fargas is better than any 3rd round pick the Browns will get and #7 will bring a much better player than #29. So, IMO the Browns should wait until Draft Day or the day before to trade BE.

Hermie13
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
The longer the Browns wait, the more they will get for Edwards. I see no harm in waiting to see if the Raiders talks heat up. Maybe the Browns could get even more from them. Plus Fargas is better than any 3rd round pick the Browns will get and #7 will bring a much better player than #29. So, IMO the Browns should wait until Draft Day or the day before to trade BE.

I agree with that. Not sure we'll necessarily get more by waiting, but we should wait til it's closer to draft day. See how the top is shaking out and who may be available when we pick at #5 and such.

Plus it's not like it's the worst thing to just hang on to BE. Yeah he's a free agent next year but you can easily franchise him and then trade him again next year, especially if he has a good bounceback year. May get even more for him then.....

fire2last
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
So apparently the Cards are asking for a 1st and a 3rd for Quan. Don't know if they are actually going to trade him but Rotoworld.com says they are listening atleast. Quan and BE are both asking for similar contract restructures. I think this hurts our chances at getting what we are asking.

It would be nice if ARI would resign Boldin.

ottograham14
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
So apparently the Cards are asking for a 1st and a 3rd for Quan. Don't know if they are actually going to trade him but Rotoworld.com says they are listening atleast. Quan and BE are both asking for similar contract restructures. I think this hurts our chances at getting what we are asking.

I agree with this statement in full. The worst thing that could have happened to Braylon being traded for what we wanted was that idiot Wisenhunt through Quan's name back out there in trade rumors. I think this hurts because I could have seen a couple teams like NY, Philly, Minnesota, Oakland and others fighting possibly on draft day to get BE. Now that Quan is out there a lot of teams will turn focus on him and not push as hard on BE as they would have since there are 2 elite WR's available now. GREAT.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM

Great Point. I hope that the Anquan Boldin situation does not hurt us though.

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
OK, so lets say the Browns do make the trade with the Raiders. There is a way the Browns can have 3 1st's and 4 2nd's WITHOUT trading Quinn.

Draft goes like this:
#1 - OL Jason Smith
#2 - OL Eugene Monroe
#3 - LB Aaron Curry
#4 - DL B.J. Raji

Browns trade #5 and #50 to Denver for #12 and #18

#5 - QB Matthew Stafford
#6 - OT Andre Smith

At #7 Browns select Crabtree (guaranteed money goes down, less risk for Browns)

#8 - WR Maclin
#9 - LB Orapko
#10 - OL Oher
#11 - LB Maybin

Browns trade #12 to Detroit for #20 and #33, so they can select Sanchez

At #18 the Browns select DE Tyson Jackson

At #20 the Browns select LB Clay Matthews

At #33 the Browns select LB James Laurinaitis

At #36 the Browns select C Eric Wood (can certainly handle Hampton and Ngata)

DA traded to SF for #43 (with Smith, Martin, and Hill already on the roster, DA would provide a former Pro Bowler for only 1.5 mm)

At #43 the Browns select S Chung

At #104 the Browns select WR Ramses Barden

Again this isn't impossible or dream-like, there is nothing unreasonable on here (assuming the Raiders would make a run at BE). The Browns would be vastly improved, a lot younger, and could cause some trouble for Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Wouldn't make the playoffs, but could be .500.

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM

It doesn't hurt us with the Raiders because Quan isn't an Al Davis receiver (i.e. big and fast, Quan has the size but not the speed). However, it could hurt us the Giants. Although, IMO since there are at least 3 times looking for a playmaker receiver (Raiders, Eagles, Giants) and only two are available...I don't think it will hurt us much if at all.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Sal Paolantonio has reported that the Browns are interested in Anquan Bolden. This would only be true if Edwards was traded. I believe they let the cat out of the bag. I believe ( don't quote me on it, I am going on what was said),that the trade with the Giants has happened. I am awaiting a call to confirm this.

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Sal Paolantonio has reported that the Browns are interested in Anquan Bolden. This would only be true if Edwards was traded. I believe they let the cat out of the bag. I believe ( don't quote me on it, I am going on what was said),that the trade with the Giants has happened. I am awaiting a call to confirm this.

If this is true forget everything I said above haha. Interesting that the Browns would be interested in Boldin, although that doesn't make much sense because all the picks we just got would have to be traded to get him.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
If this is true forget everything I said above haha. Interesting that the Browns would be interested in Boldin, although that doesn't make much sense because all the picks we just got would have to be traded to get him.

I hope that someone outbids us for Boldin to be honest because that doesnt make sense. There is no way we would trade a 1st and 3 rd unless we had a few 1 st round picks. There is definately something going on that I wish someone could share with us. I have a feeling that we are on the verge of having 3 first round picks. We can only speculate.

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I hope that someone outbids us for Boldin to be honest because that doesnt make sense. There is no way we would trade a 1st and 3 rd unless we had a few 1 st round picks. There is definately something going on that I wish someone could share with us. I have a feeling that we are on the verge of having 3 first round picks. We can only speculate.

I really hope you are not about to tell me that Quinn is traded. It will ruin my day. Nevertheless, please keep us updated.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I really hope you are not about to tell me that Quinn is traded. It will ruin my day. Nevertheless, please keep us updated.

Honestly, I do hope we keep Quinn. He is very mobile and can get the job done if we give him an honest chance. I think he is getting upset at management because his name pops up all the time for a trade. He has alot of teams interested in him for a reason. I personally think we should trade DA for a second or third rounder and build completely around Quinn. Quinn is the long term answer, DA is the short term answer because we dont want to ruin Quinns value in the market.

Essex Ace
04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Honestly, I do hope we keep Quinn. He is very mobile and can get the job done if we give him an honest chance. I think he is getting upset at management because his name pops up all the time for a trade. He has alot of teams interested in him for a reason. I personally think we should trade DA for a second or third rounder and build completely around Quinn. Quinn is the long term answer, DA is the short term answer because we dont want to ruin Quinns value in the market.

This is exactly what I hope for as well. Quinn is going to be a great QB wherever he ends up, I just hope he stays and we get a 2nd or 3rd for DA. The #33 (Detroit), #43 (SF), #52 (NYJ), #54 (Minnesota), #59 (Carolina) are all reasonable for DA.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
This is exactly what I hope for as well. Quinn is going to be a great QB wherever he ends up, I just hope he stays and we get a 2nd or 3rd for DA. The #33 (Detroit), #43 (SF), #52 (NYJ), #54 (Minnesota), #59 (Carolina) are all reasonable for DA.

O.K. here is what I was told about ten minutes ago. The Browns have not traded Braylon Edwards, they have in fact offered him an extension( I do not know how long or how much). If he does not sign then they will indeed pursue a trade, mostly likely with the Giants. Quinn has been a hot commodity. At first , it seemed definate the Lions were going to trade with the Browns as I posted with another thread. Then came the 49 ers interest. They have both since been almost 100% counted ou of the equation. The Browns have asked for a 1 st round pick. The Lions I can confirm were 1 of 2 teams interested. They now, however have just about eliminated themselves
because they accidentally had Stafford on their depth chart on their website for about 3 minutes( so I am told by a friend who loves the Lions). The other team, I believe and so does every other media outlet is the 49 ers. I have explained that it is impossible because of Smiths contract because He holds the power until they release him. I know we signed a new deal, but please read the terms of it first. They also as I was writing this have denied any involvement in pursuing Quinn. I now would not be surprised if we trade DA to SF because then they could still keep 10th overall pick and only give up early 3rd pick. I am not saying it will happen, it makes sense.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
We can thank Yahoo for the misinformation on B E being traded. They apparently think they can tell the future.

phitautimmy
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
I really hope that BQ doesn't get pissed and request a trade like Cutler did. Cutler was only linked to 2 teams. BQ has like 4 that want him.

I would accept a trade for DA for SF #3. I would use that pick and get Javon Ringer or Marcus Freeman.

TheSnowman
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Yahoo has been very bad about misinformation lately. Their attempt to jump the guns of ESPN and other outlets has led to poor quality of journalism coming from them lately (I think they reported Raji's failed drug test which was untrue), so I plan on waiting for confirmation on basically any statement Yahoo news releases..

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Toni Grossi from the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote an article that quoted Kokinis as saying that Brady has been working with Daboll everyday to learn the offense.Open Competition? He did not say anything about DA, except that DA is 100%.HMMMMMMMM........Sounds like we are looking to trade DA because we gave an updat on his knee and basically we're making it known that he is 100 %. Maybe we are waiting for teams to contact us about Quinn and then trying to sell Anderson to them. The Mangenius is back.After some in depth searching and reporting, this is my OPINION. Also, in the same article it says that Ray Maualuga can play on third and fourth downs in the NFL as an inside linebacker. Ummmm...Are they implying that he can't play on first and second?

TheSnowman
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Maybe it means that he's better in coverage than once thought and could be kept on the field in a longer 3-rd down scenario, i.e. in a nickel package with only one ILB. Just a thought.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
That makes sense, Chris Mortenson just reported that Edwards will be a NY Giant by draft day, he said he has two sources really close to the situation. Take it for what its worth. I know the Browns have offered an extension to BE , but the money is no where near what BE would want. Apparently he is asking for 6 yrs./$61 million with $40 million guaranteed. I think is way too much for BE personally. He doesnt want to be in Clev eland.

Rockets&Browns
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
That makes sense, Chris Mortenson just reported that Edwards will be a NY Giant by draft day, he said he has two sources really close to the situation. Take it for what its worth. I know the Browns have offered an extension to BE , but the money is no where near what BE would want. Apparently he is asking for 6 yrs./$61 million with $40 million guaranteed. I think is way too much for BE personally. He doesnt want to be in Clev eland.

I just want him to be traded now before we miss out over Boldin. Get our picks hopefully a conditional next year and a player. After all this talk he'll play off next year for us even though it's a contract year.

TheSnowman
04-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I think alot of teams have the same opinion of Boldin as I do: he works amazing as a #2 because of both his ability AND the attention Larry Fitzgerald commands. Guy is a stud, but I think there will be a heavy dropoff if he is made into a #1 receiver without a nice compliment on the other side. He could work very well in Philly opposite Jackson with Avant in the slot (?). I don't think we have a lot to worry about with the market for Braylon because of these concerns. I'm not even sure Arizona will even trade him, right now they're only "listening to offers".

giants9689
04-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Now im not saying this is true or not cuz i dont know but looks like things are heating up...supposedly a 2nd, 4th, or a 5th and possibly a conditional pick next year for braylon edwards.
http://gmenhq.com/

id be furious if i were you guys if that actually happens although i dont know how they could possibly trade him for that little..

TheSnowman
04-17-2009, 01:27 AM
There is soooo much unbelievable information out there, and most of it is completely fabricated to attempt to sway things to either side. With this being straight from a Giant's info website, I'd have a hard time putting any faith in it. I'd have an even harder time believing there was NO ONE else out there who had previously offered more than this. A 1st and 3rd round pick are becoming standard for a #1 receiver, and with Braylon's 2007 season, he has the potential to be even better than that. Maybe this swings a little taking last year into account along with a player or conditional pick being included, but I don't see us settling for too much less than that.

Rockets&Browns
04-17-2009, 03:52 AM
I think alot of teams have the same opinion of Boldin as I do: he works amazing as a #2 because of both his ability AND the attention Larry Fitzgerald commands. Guy is a stud, but I think there will be a heavy dropoff if he is made into a #1 receiver without a nice compliment on the other side. He could work very well in Philly opposite Jackson with Avant in the slot (?). I don't think we have a lot to worry about with the market for Braylon because of these concerns. I'm not even sure Arizona will even trade him, right now they're only "listening to offers".

Unfortunately that's BULL! Boldin was there before Fitz, was offensive ROY and had Blake or some bum as the QB when he did it. He's a #1 for sure buddy! His rookie year alone tops any of Braylon's years period. So we need to make something happen before we miss out, unless we make a 3 team trade to get him ourselves!?!? LOL!

Brownsfan4life
04-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately that's BULL! Boldin was there before Fitz, was offensive ROY and had Blake or some bum as the QB when he did it. He's a #1 for sure buddy! His rookie year alone tops any of Braylon's years period. So we need to make something happen before we miss out, unless we make a 3 team trade to get him ourselves!?!? LOL!

Really? Look at the stats. His rookie year was not better then any of braylons years. Look at the stats before you spout off something.

TheSnowman
04-17-2009, 09:04 AM
In 2003 Boldin caught 101 balls (not a surprise he was their only target), for 1377 and 8 TDs. His rookie year has BY FAR been his best. In 2007 Braylon caught 81 (with more targets on the field) for 1289 and 16 TOUCHDOWNS. How again is Boldin a better producer than Braylon? He's 2 years older and his best year doesn't touch Braylon's.

thebedspinz
04-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Hello Browns fans. Those of you who think you're getting Steve Smith out of this deal are crazy. No way Reese deals Smith in a package for Edwards. I like the idea of acquiring Edward for a 1st and a 4th or a 1st plus Hixon. Reese likes building through the draft and will NOT overpay for Edwards. You'll end up getting a fair deal or you'll be stuck with a disgruntled receiver and possibly a locker room headache that has no desire to play in Cleveland, and not get anything for him when he becomes a free agent in 2010.

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 10:39 AM
I would say for a team wanting a #1 WR Edwards would have to be above him. They are both big targets. But I believe Boldin is the more physical WR and Edwards stretches the field more than Boldin does. So for a team like the Giants Edwards would be a better fit. But for a team like the Dolphins, who are reportedly interested in Boldin, Boldin would be a better fit. It comes down to Edwards fitting in best in a vertical offense and Boldin being a better fit in a west coast offense.

TheSnowman
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
..and see Boldin would fit in excellent in Miami. That's exactly what that offense needs, the physical, non-burning type receiver who can bruise people off the line, and also be a very effective run-blocker when needed. There's no doubt that they already have their speed guy in Ted Ginn, and I think those two would be dynamite together, their only shortcoming being height for balls in the air.

17td
04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello Browns fans. Those of you who think you're getting Steve Smith out of this deal are crazy. No way Reese deals Smith in a package for Edwards. I like the idea of acquiring Edward for a 1st and a 4th or a 1st plus Hixon. Reese likes building through the draft and will NOT overpay for Edwards. You'll end up getting a fair deal or you'll be stuck with a disgruntled receiver and possibly a locker room headache that has no desire to play in Cleveland, and not get anything for him when he becomes a free agent in 2010.

Well then smith can be your number one receiver and we'll keep edwards. You guys are the ones that need a top receiver, not us... So keep playin hardball as a browns fan i don't care if you get braylon or not.

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 10:43 AM

Thats ok, I will keep him on the team if we wont get the right deal. Then he will have to play his *** off for since it is a contract year. Then all we have to do is tag him and send him on his way for an even higher price. If we just get a 1st and a 4th this year there better be a conditional pick for next year. Look what the Roy Williams trade got. A higher 1st round, and a 3rd and a 4th. Edwards is younger and I believe has more talent and potential than Williams. So go ahead walk away if you think the asking price is to high, we will find someone else and you will be stuck with no #1 and no Super Bowl run.

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 10:44 AM
..and see Boldin would fit in excellent in Miami. That's exactly what that offense needs, the physical, non-burning type receiver who can bruise people off the line, and also be a very effective run-blocker when needed. There's no doubt that they already have their speed guy in Ted Ginn, and I think those two would be dynamite together, their only shortcoming being height for balls in the air.

Well said Snowman. People have to realize that Boldin and Edwards fit into 2 different types of offenses.

thebedspinz
04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Thats ok, I will keep him on the team if we wont get the right deal. Then he will have to play his *** off for since it is a contract year. Then all we have to do is tag him and send him on his way for an even higher price. If we just get a 1st and a 4th this year there better be a conditional pick for next year. Look what the Roy Williams trade got. A higher 1st round, and a 3rd and a 4th. Edwards is younger and I believe has more talent and potential than Williams. So go ahead walk away if you think the asking price is to high, we will find someone else and you will be stuck with no #1 and no Super Bowl run.

Then we take Britt/Nicks/Bey in the draft and you keep your ball dropper! It would be better with Edwards, but either way, we'll be in the Super Bowl!

Kokasaurus
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Good luck with a rookie WR during your first stretch of your schedule... maybe we can just send Edwards to the Eagles...

TheSnowman
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sick of hearing Giants fans downplaying this trade. They act all high and mighty like they're God's gift and we're lucky to be trading with them. There ARE other teams interested, and if we can't make the proper deal with you then the trade won't happen. Either way you're gonna end up giving what we consider fair otherwise you'll be left with a rookie receiver. At the bottom of the first, good luck getting a guy who will lead you on a run--won't happen. Eli is a mediocre QB and needs an impact receiver like Bray.

DanAngelo77
04-17-2009, 12:45 PM

or the eagles will have a great reciver for mcnabb to throw to and beat you out of the division race this year:clap:

thebedspinz
04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
or the eagles will have a great reciver for mcnabb to throw to and beat you out of the division race this year:clap:

Let the eagles take him. We have a punishing D. Hands down the best in the league. The Plaxico thing stirred up a lot of chaos in the most crucial part of the season. It's behind us now. Just because Jerry Jones over payed for a 2nd Tier receiver in an act of desperation, doesn't mean anyone else is going to. My how we forget that Randy Moss was dealt for a 4th round draft choice. Yes, Braylon is a legitimate #1 receiver. But ELITE receivers don't lead the league in DROPS!!! Don't demand an elite deal.

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Let the eagles take him. We have a punishing D. Hands down the best in the league. The Plaxico thing stirred up a lot of chaos in the most crucial part of the season. It's behind us now. Just because Jerry Jones over payed for a 2nd Tier receiver in an act of desperation, doesn't mean anyone else is going to. My how we forget that Randy Moss was dealt for a 4th round draft choice. Yes, Braylon is a legitimate #1 receiver. But ELITE receivers don't lead the league in DROPS!!! Don't demand an elite deal.

My how we forget how Moss did not perform at all in Oakland and they were looking to unload him. We are not going to simply take whatever we can get for him, no matter how small. And my how we forget the age difference. And my how we forget that a rookie WR will not be able to perform to the same level. Or that you have an injury prone RB and his backup (who had more yards) is gone. Having an ELITE receiver will take some punishment away from him. Jacobs will end up getting hurt at some point this year. That leaves an offense of Eli throwing it to a number 2 in Smith and a rookie WR. If no trade happens I think the Giants are gonna end up third in their own division behind the Eagles and Cowboys.

Oh and I hate to say this but the two best defenses in the league are Pitt and Baltimore. Then if it werent for Haynesworth leaving I would say Tennessee.

TheSnowman
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Uhh and we forget that Moss's value was wayy down because he played like garbage in Oakland. If you remember correctly people were down on him, otherwise why wouldn't ANYONE have offered more than a 4th round pick? Your defense is not the best in the league, that definitely belongs to the Steelers, NO ARGUMENT. You're overvaluing your team a little bit in my opinion, and you guys WILL be in trouble without adding a significant vertical threat so Eli has someone who can jump and get the balls he throws off target.

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Once again well said Snowman!

TheSnowman
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah Rhaas were pretty much on the same page on that one. I severely doubt the Giants ability to even make the playoffs in that division (for sure the best one) without adding Braylon. Their offense will suffer greatly, and I think they're a little too comfortable with their D.

TheRedMarauder
04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Beat writer Terry Pluto expects Braylon Edwards to ultimately get traded to the Giants.

Pluto suggested a package of the Giants' No. 29 overall pick, a lower-round draft choice, and Domenik Hixon as the return -- which makes sense for both sides. The Browns may want to ensure that they can select Michael Crabtree at No. 5 before pulling the trigger.

rotoworld

chuckdaily85
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
1st off your going to trade Braylon Edwards for two reasons. 1) He doesnt want to play there. He said it before ya'll drafted him and after Kellen Winslow's comments it pretty much show shows that he doesn't wanna be there. 2) If you dont trade him then he's just going to leave next year and the Browns will have nothing to show for it. You might as well make the trade and get these picks and continue with your rebuilding mode.

Now as far as us not making the playoffs in that division your crazy. The Cowboys are going to suffer mightedly with th loss of T.O., Philly never had a number 1 sice TO & their fine, & Washington is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

DAWGPOUND
04-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Roy Williams could be a stud and still in his prime...he played in Detriot...how many QB's in the last 5 years? Roy williams isnt desperation...he can play

The Giants cant win the super bowl with the current corps...Eli Manning isn't good enough to put a team on his soldiers and get it done. He needs compliment players to support him (there is nothing wrong with that, it has already worked). Your defense is top 5...and it is not better than Baltimore and Pittsburgh..It seems the thre Giants are physical, but lets face it the Redskins and Cowboys are soft, and the Eagle defense isn't that good (Warner carved them up)

you can argue your not even the best team in the division...

I think your missing the point...The Gaints got beat at home against the Eagles..Down the stretch you couldn't get it done...The reason is simple...your WR's are all compliments. You need to have a top 15 WR in the league...all of the good teams do...SS is smooth at a number 2, but catching first downs aren't plays...

How many of Plax's catches were over 20 yards? Eli and him had the chemistry and Eli trusted him to catch the ball when he threw it up....

DAWGPOUND
04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
1st off your going to trade Braylon Edwards for two reasons. 1) He doesnt want to play there. He said it before ya'll drafted him and after Kellen Winslow's comments it pretty much show shows that he doesn't wanna be there. 2) If you dont trade him then he's just going to leave next year and the Browns will have nothing to show for it. You might as well make the trade and get these picks and continue with your rebuilding mode.

Now as far as us not making the playoffs in that division your crazy. The Cowboys are going to suffer mightedly with th loss of T.O., Philly never had a number 1 sice TO & their fine, & Washington is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

That team is built for a Superbowl run...we can all talk about the playoffs, but lets face...you loose in the divisional round...waste of a season...rt??

Here is why the Giants will be desperate for BE....it is the loss of Derrick Ward. That is going to be huge...Brandon Jacobs is a 11 game guy, and Bradshaw though good can't carry the load. If you are deep into the division schedule and Brandon Jacobs isnt there....who is going to run the ball?? Watch your step in this post room..if you dare throw out Ruben Droughns (just a friendly reminder)...

If you can't run the ball and you already have an inability to win a big game with your current WR's (please refernece the home playoff game against the Eagles) your done...

The entire organization knows it...thats why there continuing to screw around with this trade

thebedspinz
04-17-2009, 05:03 PM
My how we forget how Moss did not perform at all in Oakland and they were looking to unload him. We are not going to simply take whatever we can get for him, no matter how small. And my how we forget the age difference. And my how we forget that a rookie WR will not be able to perform to the same level. Or that you have an injury prone RB and his backup (who had more yards) is gone. Having an ELITE receiver will take some punishment away from him. Jacobs will end up getting hurt at some point this year. That leaves an offense of Eli throwing it to a number 2 in Smith and a rookie WR. If no trade happens I think the Giants are gonna end up third in their own division behind the Eagles and Cowboys.

Oh and I hate to say this but the two best defenses in the league are Pitt and Baltimore. Then if it werent for Haynesworth leaving I would say Tennessee.

O.K. Edwards has potential, yet he's is no Randy Moss. Moss was downplayed by a bunch of sports writers that were proven to NOT know what they were talking about, and for you to say that Pitts D is better than ours is bordering on ridiculous. It's O.K. though, keep your laundry list of demands for Edwards and continue to wallow in mediocrity next season with your league leader in dropped passes. You can take comfort in the fact that you stood your ground. As for Baltimore, you're making me laugh. As I recall, last season, we ran all over them. I believe we broke some sort of record, and Ray Lewis expressed his embarrassment to the press. *PFFFFTTT!*

P.S. Bring more of your rebuttals for me to shoot holes through.

Kokasaurus
04-17-2009, 05:30 PM
As I recall, you lost to the 4-12 Browns last season and faded away into mediocrity before the playoffs. So shouldn't you go ahead and go back and play in your own little team's forum, that is before you shoot yourself in the leg again.

gmac2824
04-17-2009, 05:36 PM
I think the Raiders will offer a deal similar to the rumored deal for Ocho Cinco, a second rounder and Fargas(the rumor was for Bush but AL won't trade him). The Eagles and Giants have late first round picks so a second and Fargas would actually be a better deal and the Raiders would probably throw in a fifth round pick too. Fargas would be a nice change of pace back from Lewis, ultimately a nice 1, 2 punch. What do you think?

kosar4president
04-17-2009, 05:52 PM
The Braylon Edwards saga just took a turn. The Eagles have traded their 21 st overall pick and 4 th rounder this plus a conditional pick next year to the Bills for LT Peters. This pretty much means the Eagles will draft a RB with pick 28. Probably Wells or possibly Brown. They now will not trade up in the draft because it makes no sense now. Darn Bills. Anyway this affects the BE trade because they were bait for a bidding war with the NYG. Now they don't have the pick power to land BE. Also in case anyone missed it, the Ravens are in the hunt for Boldin and the Giants have expressed that Boldins price tag is too high.

Kokasaurus
04-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Correction: 28th went to Bills. Philly still has 21st left.

kosar4president
04-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry! Good catch. Philly will probably use that to get Moreno then. I dont see them trading completely out of the first round.

thebedspinz
04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
As I recall, you lost to the 4-12 Browns last season and faded away into mediocrity before the playoffs. So shouldn't you go ahead and go back and play in your own little team's forum, that is before you shoot yourself in the leg again.

HAHAHA...Touche' Kokasaurus. But even the sun shines on a dog's *** some days. Well, I see that I've worn out my welcome on this forum. I had a good time. Good luck Brownies.

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
O.K. Edwards has potential, yet he's is no Randy Moss. Moss was downplayed by a bunch of sports writers that were proven to NOT know what they were talking about, and for you to say that Pitts D is better than ours is bordering on ridiculous. It's O.K. though, keep your laundry list of demands for Edwards and continue to wallow in mediocrity next season with your league leader in dropped passes. You can take comfort in the fact that you stood your ground. As for Baltimore, you're making me laugh. As I recall, last season, we ran all over them. I believe we broke some sort of record, and Ray Lewis expressed his embarrassment to the press. *PFFFFTTT!*

P.S. Bring more of your rebuttals for me to shoot holes through.

NAME YDS YPG RUSH RUSH YPG PASS PASS YPG PTS PTS/G
1 Pittsburgh 3795 237.2 1284 80.3 2511 156.9 223 13.9
2 Baltimore 4177 261.1 1302 81.4 2875 179.7 244 15.3
3 Philadelphia 4389 274.3 1476 92.3 2913 182.1 289 18.1
4 Washington 4621 288.8 1526 95.4 3095 193.4 296 18.5
5 NY Giants 4672 292.0 1533 95.8 3139 196.2 294 18.4

Now tell me again that they have a better D. Not to mention Pitt and Baltimore had one of the toughest schedules. According to this you had the 3rd best defense in your division.

TheSnowman
04-18-2009, 12:36 AM
I was waiting for someone to post those numbers and poke a hole in that guys ****-talking. He said "ridiculous" to the fact that the Steelers D was better. HA. It won them a Super Bowl. Maybe not that particular game, as it was a little higher scoring than they were used to, but it is what gets them through season after season, and through the playoffs. The Steelers have by-far the best defense in the league (Baltimore's still real good though) and that's why they win.

kosar4president
04-18-2009, 09:54 AM
NAME YDS YPG RUSH RUSH YPG PASS PASS YPG PTS PTS/G
1 Pittsburgh 3795 237.2 1284 80.3 2511 156.9 223 13.9
2 Baltimore 4177 261.1 1302 81.4 2875 179.7 244 15.3
3 Philadelphia 4389 274.3 1476 92.3 2913 182.1 289 18.1
4 Washington 4621 288.8 1526 95.4 3095 193.4 296 18.5
5 NY Giants 4672 292.0 1533 95.8 3139 196.2 294 18.4

Now tell me again that they have a better D. Not to mention Pitt and Baltimore had one of the toughest schedules. According to this you had the 3rd best defense in your division.

AWESOME!!! I love it when other teams fans come in here and talk junk , and then one of us show proof of their stupidity.

TheSnowman
04-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Yeah just like the guy in here the other day saying Boldin is far superior to Braylon and his stats have been every year..NOT. Apparently the drops last year have made people forget that in 2007 he was the hottest receiver in the NFL not named Randy Moss. Yeah, he played like **** last year and I expect a trade to be announced on draft day (not before) but I absolutely would not mind, if we didn't get the proper deal due to something unforeseen, keeping him around another year (2? Franchise?) and letting him play to earn that new monster, out of control contract he wants (6y60M40Guar). If nothing else it leaves someone on offense so we can focus purely on the defensive side this draft, maybe a RB in the 2nd (I WANT MCCOY). That said, it won't happen abd Braylon will be traded, I just hope we make the smartest moves in the draft that we can, and I cannot possibly see a way not to draft Crabtree if we bounce Bray this week.

mwalluk
04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
What's going on all? Steelers fan here, real interested in the Rumors regarding BE and BQ. I hope you stick with BQ cause he can be a real good QB once he develops. Although if you can get a couple firsts and and some other higher picks (2nd or 3rds) for both, I say do it. Face it, you're in rebuilding mode and picks will help you rebuild. I'm looking for a solid draft (no offense wasn't always your strong suit). I want you guys to get good (it's like our situation with the Pirates). I want this rivalry back.

mwalluk
04-18-2009, 01:04 PM
also, McCoy is going be sick!

DrBrown
04-18-2009, 01:11 PM
If it was up to me, we would spend all our capital (picks plus FA money) on the meanest and nastiest defensive players we can find. We need a defense in Cleveland so nasty that it will make Baltimore and Pittsburgh nervous at the thought of playing us. Forget trying to turn Cleveland into a flashy offensive juggernaut and let's become what this town stands for, a bunch of cranky, surly, blue-collar, smash-mouth beasts. With that kind of defense all we'll need is a serviceable offense and we'll be in it every year.

Let's draft linebackers, linebackers, linebackers, d-line, and corners and fill in offense with later round picks.

TheSnowman
04-18-2009, 01:23 PM
A polite, well versed Steelers fan with organized thoughts? Where the hell did you come from, mwalluk? Haha just kidding, but not really. The reason we (at least I) hate the Steelers fans so much is because they're some of the cockiest, rudest, most bandwagoning people on the Earth, and it's refreshing to hear one who actually wants us to recover for the benefit of everyone. Nobody wants to see teams like Cleveland suffer and not be able to compete, that's what Detroit, Kansas City, and Houston are for haha. And yes, McCoy will be a beast. Tell me he wouldn't work awesome in a 1-2 with Jamal for a year.

mwalluk
04-18-2009, 03:16 PM
McCoy/Lewis would be a good tandem until they draft or bring in another RB to replace Lewis. You guys should pick up Robskie (think tha's how its spelled). That guy will be a stud WR, not to mention he will not be a FUTURE cANCER LIKE be.

mwalluk
04-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Don't get me wrong I will always hate the Browns, but rather in a rival way. I do want to see you guys get good. I want our division to be the best. Right now it's hard to hate you guys, so get better!

rhaas74
04-18-2009, 04:23 PM
McCoy/Lewis would be a good tandem until they draft or bring in another RB to replace Lewis. You guys should pick up Robskie (think tha's how its spelled). That guy will be a stud WR, not to mention he will not be a FUTURE cANCER LIKE be.

Robiskie definately will be a stud. He might not have to speed that some of the other WRs have, but hes got the other things to make him excel. He has a brilliant football mind (his dad is a coach, even the interim HC for us a while back) so he can read defenses. He also can run every route and run them well. I believe he will be one of the top #2 WRs in the league in time. If we trade BE, getting him and Crabtree would solidify our WRs for years. This being said, I would look for him with #50 if we take Crabtree. And thats only if some other needs arent sitting there.

DAWGPOUND
04-18-2009, 06:44 PM
If it was up to me, we would spend all our capital (picks plus FA money) on the meanest and nastiest defensive players we can find. We need a defense in Cleveland so nasty that it will make Baltimore and Pittsburgh nervous at the thought of playing us. Forget trying to turn Cleveland into a flashy offensive juggernaut and let's become what this town stands for, a bunch of cranky, surly, blue-collar, smash-mouth beasts. With that kind of defense all we'll need is a serviceable offense and we'll be in it every year.

Let's draft linebackers, linebackers, linebackers, d-line, and corners and fill in offense with later round picks.

Dr Brown

I agree 100%! It seems like Browns have no tuffness, desire to be great, and a bunch of wall flowers.

With that said...I think the Browns should take Mauluaga if BE does not get traded. I just see him as being the next Ray Lewis who will get the guys on the field to be better than any athleticism, and coaching motivation.

Now I will switch gears, because even though I agree...we are not in position to draft all defense this year...actually an OLB should only be down with an extra 2nd rd pick if we trade...Give HALL a shot!

The problem with a young team, because that is where we will be with the 3 picks probably all seeing the field right away, and especially being young at QB. We need to draft Oline...You need to protect your investment's, new WR (we will draft a wr even if we dont trade BE) , newer QB, Harrison getting promoted, Cribbs getting the ball on offense...The best way to do that all is to provide a roag grading offensive line that actually gets a push. Running the football opens, the passing game, scores points, and keeps a young defense off the field.

I think we need to draft the best Center at 36 and Robiskie at 50...now thats assuming we do not make a single trade.

JLewis is wearing down and the offensive takes longer to mature...Fraley is done...Hadnot is wretched....Tuck..though he is my FAVORITE Brown...just isnt reliable for 16 games.

If the Browns can average 130/game and get 12-15 rushing tds'...we can get to 6 or 7 wins with our schedule.

Next Years draft...we will address the defense DE, and OLB

theBROWNguy
04-19-2009, 01:17 AM
i agree completely with the DAWGPOUND.

Mauluaga with the 5th pick, hes the best defensive player in this draft. if you can trade BE or DQ or DA or all 3 you get the best offensive player Crabtree and thats what we biulkd with.

ctwn4life
04-19-2009, 02:32 AM
Dr Brown

I agree 100%! It seems like Browns have no tuffness, desire to be great, and a bunch of wall flowers.

With that said...I think the Browns should take Mauluaga if BE does not get traded. I just see him as being the next Ray Lewis who will get the guys on the field to be better than any athleticism, and coaching motivation.

Now I will switch gears, because even though I agree...we are not in position to draft all defense this year...actually an OLB should only be down with an extra 2nd rd pick if we trade...Give HALL a shot!

The problem with a young team, because that is where we will be with the 3 picks probably all seeing the field right away, and especially being young at QB. We need to draft Oline...You need to protect your investment's, new WR (we will draft a wr even if we dont trade BE) , newer QB, Harrison getting promoted, Cribbs getting the ball on offense...The best way to do that all is to provide a roag grading offensive line that actually gets a push. Running the football opens, the passing game, scores points, and keeps a young defense off the field.

I think we need to draft the best Center at 36 and Robiskie at 50...now thats assuming we do not make a single trade.

JLewis is wearing down and the offensive takes longer to mature...Fraley is done...Hadnot is wretched....Tuck..though he is my FAVORITE Brown...just isnt reliable for 16 games.

If the Browns can average 130/game and get 12-15 rushing tds'...we can get to 6 or 7 wins with our schedule.

Next Years draft...we will address the defense DE, and OLB

I understand what you're saying....I just think we need to focus everything on defense this year. We can either help out both sides of the ball a little bit....Or, one side of the ball a lot. I choose the latter.....Focus on the defense in the first 2 rounds.....Plug in from the 4th on on offense......If we stay at 5.

Take Rey or Raji

Take Sintim, Barwin, English or Matthews at the 36th. One of these OLB's will fall.

Take Fili Maola or Patrick Chung with the 50th.

All of this is based on us not making any more moves....However, if we do trade B.E. and pick up another 1st...(29th), and a solid WR in the trade.....I still wouldn't take Crabtree. Use the other 1st on a C or a WR that is projected to go around that time...(Hicks, Heyward-Bay). Just my opinion though.

kosar4president
04-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I think with the 5 th pick ,we have to pick Crabtree. I know that Defense has a alot of holes, but contemplate this, When we take Defense in the top 15, it does not work out. We need to draft a replacement for BE.

Stonevision
04-19-2009, 12:10 PM
If Crabtree is still on the board at #5, I think the Brown's nab him and then send Braylon to the Giants. The asking price of a 1st and 3rd may be a bit steep for NY but maybe the #29 pick, a 4th and Hixon will get the job done.

At the #29 spot look for Sintim, English, or Barwin to be taken. I'd rather see Sintim seeing as though he was a productive OLB in the 3-4 scheme for 4 years. English may be better but his production came against generally weaker competition. Barwin could be a stud but he is a project.

The second round picks could produce a center that they could plug in right away as well as a hard-hitting safety. I like Chung from Oregon but there are plenty of others projected to go late 2nd - 4th round. Look for a big RB to be taken in the 3rd or 4th with whatever pick they can get in the BE trade.

chuckdaily85
04-19-2009, 02:56 PM
just to let you guys know...it is said that your deciding between Sanchez and Crabtree with the 5th pick and brought in Kenny Britt for a workout. The only way that you guys would ever get Kenny Britt is with our 1st round pick. Looks more and more like the trade is going to get done.

Now as for the Giants losing in the playoffs last year and losing Derrick Ward. Thats not really going to hurt much, It wasnt so much Ward as it was our o-line. And during our SB run Bradshaw was a stud. Now we do not have Reuben Droughns on our team anymore (you guys robbed us then and its payback time lol). Granted we did lose some games last year but it was due to looks we never seen. And if you remmeber in the playoff game to Philly Carney missed two FG's. He makes those we are only down six and we had the ball last its a different game.

Rockets&Browns
04-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah just like the guy in here the other day saying Boldin is far superior to Braylon and his stats have been every year..NOT. Apparently the drops last year have made people forget that in 2007 he was the hottest receiver in the NFL not named Randy Moss. Yeah, he played like **** last year and I expect a trade to be announced on draft day (not before) but I absolutely would not mind, if we didn't get the proper deal due to something unforeseen, keeping him around another year (2? Franchise?) and letting him play to earn that new monster, out of control contract he wants (6y60M40Guar). If nothing else it leaves someone on offense so we can focus purely on the defensive side this draft, maybe a RB in the 2nd (I WANT MCCOY). That said, it won't happen abd Braylon will be traded, I just hope we make the smartest moves in the draft that we can, and I cannot possibly see a way not to draft Crabtree if we bounce Bray this week.

Actually that was me and I did not say he was far more superior! I said he is better and his rookie year was better than any of Braylon's. So he had more touchdowns. Boldin was by himself on that team. No QB or other receiver or running game. Braylon had help in 07 and a lot of it. So please spare me with your exaggerations of my words. Boldin is still better no matter what anyone says!

rhaas74
04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
just to let you guys know...it is said that your deciding between Sanchez and Crabtree with the 5th pick and brought in Kenny Britt for a workout. The only way that you guys would ever get Kenny Britt is with our 1st round pick. Looks more and more like the trade is going to get done.

Now as for the Giants losing in the playoffs last year and losing Derrick Ward. Thats not really going to hurt much, It wasnt so much Ward as it was our o-line. And during our SB run Bradshaw was a stud. Now we do not have Reuben Droughns on our team anymore (you guys robbed us then and its payback time lol). Granted we did lose some games last year but it was due to looks we never seen. And if you remmeber in the playoff game to Philly Carney missed two FG's. He makes those we are only down six and we had the ball last its a different game.

Or with our 2nd rounder, its 7 picks later and some of those teams will not be looking for WRs and I am sure another WR will be there with him.

And Ward not hurting much? You realize that Jacobs won't last a whole season right? You expect Bradshaw to be able to come in and be an every down back when Jacobs misses 4 or 5 games this year? Like I said before you will end up with Eli throwing it to Smith and a rookie WR. That will not put points on the board.

rhaas74
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Actually that was me and I did not say he was far more superior! I said he is better and his rookie year was better than any of Braylon's. So he had more touchdowns. Boldin was by himself on that team. No QB or other receiver or running game. Braylon had help in 07 and a lot of it. So please spare me with your exaggerations of my words. Boldin is still better no matter what anyone says!

You could also make the argument that they had no one else to give the ball too, thus increasing his stats.

Rockets&Browns
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
You could also make the argument that they had no one else to give the ball too, thus increasing his stats.

Yeah I know and you can also say that with noone else one the field they couldn't figure out a way to stop him. But if Arizona is smart they should keep him this year and trade him next year.

rhaas74
04-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah I know and you can also say that with noone else one the field they couldn't figure out a way to stop him. But if Arizona is smart they should keep him this year and trade him next year.

Oh I agree. He signed the contract, make him play out the life of it. Then get him to sign an extension or tag him. From there they can hold him for the year and try to get him to sign or trade him then.

TheSnowman
04-20-2009, 01:32 AM
They just don't have the money to pay him. They've sunk so much lately into Fitzgerald and Warner, and have others that need new contracts also (Dockett?). They really don't want to take the chance of their offense suffering because they moved their #1b threat, then they could be back to the Cardinals we're all used to in the past. But if they can find a way to make it through this year, there's a greater chance of them being able to restructure/extend him with the money he's looking for.

theBROWNguy
04-20-2009, 01:57 AM
I dont know any information on this yet . If you do, please post. I believe that there are a few offers out there. Here are my thoughts.

1. Braylon to the Eagles for pick 21 this year and 3rd rnd next year
2. Braylon to Giants for 1 st and 3 rd this year
3. Braylon to S.F for number 10 this year and 5 th next year.
4. Braylon to Denver for number 12 this year and 4th next year
5. Braylon to Oakland for number 7 pick this year and 6 th next year.

i would take any of the last 3, perferably the raiders pick. where do you get your info?

seanhag
04-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I would give you guys a 6th and seventh pick this year, plus a seven next year if he plays all year. GGGGGGG-men thats right yall just got punked ******

kosar4president
04-20-2009, 09:16 AM
i would take any of the last 3, perferably the raiders pick. where do you get your info?

I was a Sports show host and sports broadcaster at a radio station that was a Cleveland affiliate. I still talk to guys from the CB radio network. Although, not to discredit my sources, but a rumor is a rumor.

TheSnowman
04-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I would give you guys a 6th and seventh pick this year, plus a seven next year if he plays all year. GGGGGGG-men thats right yall just got punked ******

Yay....another Giant's fan in our forum posting blockbuster comments. This is a revelation right here. Why bother seeking the 1st and 3rd we're asking for when this guy is willing to give us two bottom round picks AND a conditional 7th next year!! Honestly I really don't even know why people like this bother to post.

Rockets&Browns
04-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh I agree. He signed the contract, make him play out the life of it. Then get him to sign an extension or tag him. From there they can hold him for the year and try to get him to sign or trade him then.

Well he has 2 more years left on his contract so they should keep him and maybe Warner can talk him into staying or something but I think he'll end up in Philly and the Giants will have to make the deal or lose out on the division!

rhaas74
04-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Well he has 2 more years left on his contract so they should keep him and maybe Warner can talk him into staying or something but I think he'll end up in Philly and the Giants will have to make the deal or lose out on the division!

Warner only signed a two year contract I believe, I could be worng though. So that money that is freed up by Warner's contract could be used. I would just threaten to tag him year after year and hopefully he would sign.

Essex Ace
04-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Also, do not forget that the Cards could still cut the disgruntled Edgerrin James and would save $7+ mm on the cap. So they do indeed, have the means and money to resign Boldin if they want to, not saying they will, but they can.

aerion123
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I would give u guys Marion barber Patrick Crayton and a third round pick for Edwards that's a fair deal based off your guys team needs and ours.

That's better than any first rounder you can get a young jamal lewis sort of a slot receiver in crayton and a third rounder which is something your team lacks.

What you think about that.

TheSnowman
04-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I say two works to that trade: **** YES. That said it won't happen, but I love Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton could easily go well with Crabtree or a later receiver from the draft (Nicks?) and the third allows us to fill a gap. Deal any day from my end of this, plus we send Braylon to the NFC.

Stonevision
04-20-2009, 11:37 PM
i would give u guys marion barber patrick crayton and a third round pick for edwards that's a fair deal based off your guys team needs and ours.

That's better than any first rounder you can get a young jamal lewis sort of a slot receiver in crayton and a third rounder which is something your team lacks.

deal!!!

Rockets&Browns
04-21-2009, 12:45 AM
I would give u guys Marion barber Patrick Crayton and a third round pick for Edwards that's a fair deal based off your guys team needs and ours.

Wow are you really a Cowboys fan? That's the best deal I ever seen involving Braylon. I would love for that to happen!

aerion123
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Yea I think its a good trrade for the Browns and a good trade for the Boys ever since E Smith left we have had a giant surplus of running backs so they are replaceable.

The trade is very do able

TheRedMarauder
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
There is reportedly "new chatter" around the league that a team might trade for Braylon Edwards without signing him to a new contract.

The team could let Edwards play out the final year of his rookie contract, then tender him as a restricted free agent if there's no salary cap in 2010. This still seems unlikely. Any team giving up the pricey compensation to acquire Edwards will likely want to lock up its investment long term.

rotoworld

TheSnowman
04-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah I still see him being signed shortly after being traded. If they renegotiate that cap he'll be unrestricted after this year, no one wants to only rent Braylon for a season for our cost..