PDA

View Full Version : Guys you just feel sorry for because their situation changes.

JordansBulls
04-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Eddie Jones - This guy was on those elite Lakers teams in the late 90's, teams that won 56 games- 61 games but then he was traded and then the Lakers win titles after he leaves.
Next off he was on the Miami Heat teams in 2004 and 2005 (the year they won 59 games). The next year they trade him and the Heat win the title.

Grant Hill - There couldn't be a nicer guy. Played on some talented teams and was with Joe Dumars in Detroit. Never was able to get over the hump out of round 1 there.
Went to Orlando to play with T-mac and the same situation applied.
Went to Phoenix a team that had been in the conference finals and semifinals and as soon as he gets there the team loses in round 1 and then fails to make the playoffs.

Antonio Mcdyess - Guy was with some good teams. Best remembered with the Nuggets but then got injured and was never really the same.
Detroit makes the finals and wins the title before he arrives and then as soon as he gets their Detroit goes down in conference finals each of his seasons.

AirJordan23
04-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Charles Barkley comes to mind. Early on in his career, he did play with Dr. J, Mo Cheeks, Moses etc but those guys were on the decline and then some got traded, Dr. J retired etc. Late 80s and early 90s Sixers were pretty bad. 2nd star was Hersey Hawkins. Suns were great with Chambers and KJ but they lacked a center. Mark West wasn't gonna cut it. Then, he goes to Houston where Hakeem and Drexler were on the decline. Not to mention Houston lost some key pieces when they traded for Barkley. Then Pippen came to town and they lacked chemistry. Pippen had trouble fitting in the offensive scheme. Barkley also had some back injuries. Dude deserved a ring.

Trouble87
04-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Karl Malone... go from a Jazz team that were constant contenders to a Laker team that was supposed to win it all that year and still lose

2 time MVP, 2 time Olympic Gold Medal winner, 13x All-Star, 11x All-NBA First Team, and 2x NBA All-Star MVP

One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History

he deserved a ring in the worst way

JordansBulls
04-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Those guys are up there, but I was thinking more of guys who missed on going far with teams.

raptors_fanatic
04-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Eddie Jones - This guy was on those elite Lakers teams in the late 90's, teams that won 56 games- 61 games but then he was traded and then the Lakers win titles after he leaves.
Next off he was on the Miami Heat teams in 2004 and 2005 (the year they won 59 games). The next year they trade him and the Heat win the title.

U all knw wat that means!......sign eddie jones than quickly trade him, and then start celebrating early :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:pray:

pd7631
04-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't know if I really feel sorry for him, but Steve Francis was well on his way to becoming one of the elite PG's in the game and forming one of the best big/little man duos with Yao, before he was traded for T-Mac. Then he just faded away......fast.

ProdigyI
04-13-2009, 11:33 AM
JB Edit your post because you forgot the most important one.

Penny Hardaway.

Top 2 addest story, along with Grand Hill

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I feel sorry for Penny, too !

BUT, I really dislike and DON'T fell sorry for Grant Hill. He owns us something. The team and the Fans were always there and supported him while he was with Magic. And then, after that guy costed us all that money and we waited season after season for him to play ball for us, he just went off to Suns when he was all healthy ! ... Nah, I don't feel sorry for Granny Hill.

Testaverde16
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Grant Hill is the one that really comes to mind for me...

Jaji
04-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Grant Hill popped in my mind first but Penny Hardaway too.

Tblaze
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
You guys are misreading the topic, it's not about who's the most unfortunote player every, it's about players that we're on a team then got traded and their team went all the way after they left.

Jaji
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Not really a situation change but John Stockton too. One of the greatest PGs ever but never won a title because he played in the Jordan era. Karl Malone also cursed him. I hate Karl Malone and was happy to see him retire blingless. Too bad for Stockton though.

Jaji
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
You guys are misreading the topic, it's not about who's the most unfortunote player every, it's about players that we're on a team then got traded and their team went all the way after they left.

Then that should be the thread title lol.

what54!?
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I felt bad for eddie jones. I really wanted him to win a title with heat. I feel bad for grant hill. Injuries piling up and never getting out of the first round. Nice guy too.

Jaji
04-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Happens to Marbury all the time. The Knicks should have traded him years ago. They'd be title contenders right now if they did.

vigilantex69
04-13-2009, 01:01 PM

Grant Hill - There couldn't be a nicer guy. Played on some talented teams and was with Joe Dumars in Detroit. Never was able to get over the hump out of round 1 there.
Went to Phoenix a team that had been in the conference finals and semifinals and as soon as he gets there the team loses in round 1 and then fails to make the playoffs.

Antonio Mcdyess - Guy was with some good teams. Best remembered with the Nuggets but then got injured and was never really the same.
Detroit makes the finals and wins the title before he arrives and then as soon as he gets their Detroit goes down in conference finals each of his seasons.

Its kind of hard to feel sorry for a guy who gets paid like an Elite player for a decade and does absolutely nothing.

Big Zo
04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't feel sorry for millionaires.

JordansBulls
04-13-2009, 01:31 PM

:nod:

Jaji
04-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't feel sorry for millionaires.

Money isn't everything.

Lakers4ItAll
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Only people who say that are people without $ LOL

Money isn't everything.

Missing56&33
04-13-2009, 06:59 PM

I dont feel sorry for either of these players....EJ had a decent career played with some good teams and has been successful.....GH and AM both had the ability to be special players but injuries slowed their careers but both are active and have years left.

I feel sorry for Allan Houston and for Ralph Sampson they both had promising careers that was cut to short by injury

lakers4sho
04-13-2009, 07:42 PM
anyone who gets traded to the Clippers:

Baron Davis
Marcus Camby

to name a few.

I don't know about Zach Randolph though.

mzgrizz
04-13-2009, 10:15 PM

Seems to me that the teams they left got BETTER and then won championships.....

sp1derm00
04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Smush Parker.

He got kicked out of LA and the front office and PJ didn't realize that he wasn't the problem... Kobe was. Smush Parker helped the Lakers get to the playoffs and almost take out the Suns with the likes of Luke Walton and Kwame Brown.

We're talking about Smush Parker, aka the Grim Reaper (all he does is KILL), supreme rival of Rafer "Skip to my lou" Alston. Because Kobe kicked him out of LA (Shaq style), he didn't even get to start on the Heat, playing alongside SHAQ!!! I mean, if one guy in the NBA understands the pains of playing with Kobe, Shaq does.

This season though, Smush got fed up with Shaq kissing Kobe's *** all season long (Shaq, how his *** taste?) so he releases this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adyWRtWoFM

Smush Parker, aka the Grim Reaper, a legend in his own right because all he does is KILL. If he had more time to work with Shaq, as mentioned in the interview, the whole landscape of the NBA might've been changed today.

lakers4sho
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
ahh...the Smushcalade

SteveNash
04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
McDyess was there in 05 when they lost to the Spurs in the finals. He didn't have a very good finals that year so no reason to feel sorry for him.

I also always found it funny and I guess some people would find it sad, of how Elgin Baylor was a career loser, he plays 9 games for LA during the 71-72 season, retires when they are at 6-3. Immediately after he retires, they set the NBA record for consecutives, set the then record for wins in a season, and go on to win an NBA championship.

AllTheWay
04-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Smush Parker.

He got kicked out of LA and the front office and PJ didn't realize that he wasn't the problem... Kobe was. Smush Parker helped the Lakers get to the playoffs and almost take out the Suns with the likes of Luke Walton and Kwame Brown.

We're talking about Smush Parker, aka the Grim Reaper (all he does is KILL), supreme rival of Rafer "Skip to my lou" Alston. Because Kobe kicked him out of LA (Shaq style), he didn't even get to start on the Heat, playing alongside SHAQ!!! I mean, if one guy in the NBA understands the pains of playing with Kobe, Shaq does.

This season though, Smush got fed up with Shaq kissing Kobe's *** all season long (Shaq, how his *** taste?) so he releases this interview:

Smush Parker, aka the Grim Reaper, a legend in his own right because all he does is KILL. If he had more time to work with Shaq, as mentioned in the interview, the whole landscape of the NBA might've been changed today.

Smush was actually pretty decent for the Lakers in the 05-06 NBA regular season, but he fell apart in the playoffs and played ****** all through the 06-07 season. But yeah, he's a moron.

JJ81
04-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Ronny Turiaf and Vladimir Radmanovic.

JJ81
04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Smush Parker.

He was terrible. Sure he's gonna put up decent numbers when he was on that team, he was the number 3 scoring option. Kobe didn't trust his team mates because guys like Kwame, Mihm, Smush were starting. Players like Cook and young Vujacic coming off the bench. If he hadn't taken the scoring duties upon his shoulders they would have done even worse. He can trust his team now because he knows they're not garbage.

Kabowdos
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
LeBron

He is in a bad situation because Kobe is going to win next three rings.

LeBron is going to be mad and leave cleveland and go NYK and suck like them.

Bucsfan
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Karl Malone... go from a Jazz team that were constant contenders to a Laker team that was supposed to win it all that year and still lose

2 time MVP, 2 time Olympic Gold Medal winner, 13x All-Star, 11x All-NBA First Team, and 2x NBA All-Star MVP

One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History

he deserved a ring in the worst way

I agree, but stockton is there with him, except stockton didnt change teams