PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry may be available at No. 5 overall?!

CLEBrowns241031
04-13-2009, 08:34 AM
When I saw the news of the Chiefs signing Zach Thomas, I realized that they now have Mike Vrabel, Derrick Johnson, and Thomas. Then on ESPN.COM I saw James Walker's Morning Take and he said it's now possible that Curry may fall past Kansas City and be available for the Browns! I hope it happens, he is a great player and I would rather him over Okrapo, Crabtree, and everyone else. Aaron Curry even said he'd love to play next to D'Qwell Jackson at ILB and watched him at Maryland. What are your thoughts?

PS: Isn't that stunning news that Donte Whitner got tasered? (In Cleveland by the way)

kosar4president
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Man I hope he is available at 5 . Either we could get him, or another team may be willing to trade up with us if he is there. Could be a good deal.

rhaas74
04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
The only team I am worried about now is Seattle. They traded Julian Peterson to the Lions earlier this offseason. They could be looking to get a stud LB in there to replace him.

Rockets&Browns
04-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Man I hope he is available at 5 . Either we could get him, or another team may be willing to trade up with us if he is there. Could be a good deal.

Honestly don't want him but would hope he's there to make a trade. But with the Chiefs signing of Zach it's just so noone will trade up to #2 to get him. Zach doesn't have many years left so he will most likely still be their pick unless they go Orakpo.

kosar4president
04-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Honestly don't want him but would hope he's there to make a trade. But with the Chiefs signing of Zach it's just so noone will trade up to #2 to get him. Zach doesn't have many years left so he will most likely still be their pick unless they go Orakpo.

Good point, I still am not convinced that the Lions don't take Curry number one. Stafford did look O.K at senior day but I think that Curry would be a good fit in Detroit.

kosar4president
04-13-2009, 02:50 PM

Good point, I still am not convinced that the Lions don't take Curry number one. Stafford did look O.K at senior day but I think that Curry would be a good fit in Detroit.

DAWGPOUND
04-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I still think we are taking Crabree even if Curry does fall. You tie big money up in WR's not LB's...The Steelers have made a living by not taking LB's in the top 15

cle12152433
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Well with this new development about Quinn and Edwards, here is my thinking.

I am going to go ahead and assume that the Quinn interested team is the Broncos, Jets, or Vikings. With the Browns 5 pick, I would take Crabtree, no matter who is available. If the pick is from Denver, I say the Browns go ahead and draft Ray Maualuga.

So far the Browns have Crabtree and Mauluga. Now due to past developments, I will continue as if the Giants are the team who want B.E. They have the 29th pick. With that pick there are 4 players I am considering. Clay Matthews. If he gets picked, the Browns have a young, strong corps which will last years (Maualuga, Matthews, Jackson, Wimbley. They also need to consider Alex Mack, Hakeem Nicks (Nicks and Crabtree...WOW) and Darius Butler. There also could be people whose draft stock unexpectedly falls.

But dating back to the Quinn scenario. If the team who acquires him is the Jets (Pick 17), Maualuga MAY still be available. If hes not, I think Kokinis should consider either A) Knowshon Moreno/Chris Wells (whoever is still available if either one is... B)Brian Cushing (instead of Clay MAtthews if it comes to this C) James Laurinatias (if Maualuga isn't there.

Now, If the team who acquires Quinn is the Vikings (Pick 22), the Browns should remain interested in all the above players who were just mentioned (if they are still there. I imagine Maualuga will be gone and the remainder of the two RB's will probably go to Philly at Pick 21). I think Kokinis should also consider Vontae Davis at this spot.

In a short summary in case you go lost, here are my three scenarios. Im not including another team for Edwards b/c I can't think of anyone else who would be interested in him.

Browns trade Quinn to Denver:
#5 Michael Crabtree
#12 Ray Maualuga (Not to complicate things but I guess the Browns could consider Malcolm Jenkins here as well)
#29 Clay Matthews, Darius Butler (pending they dont pick Jenkins at 12) or Hakeem Nicks.

Browns trade Quinn to Jets:
#5 Michael Crabtree
#17 James Laurinatas, Moreno/Wells, Brian Cushing
#29 See above trade

Browns trade Quinn to Vikings:
#5 Michael Crabtree
#22 James Laurinatas, Moreno/Wells, Cushing, MAYBE Matthews if they dont think he will fall, Vontae Davis
#29 See above trade.

Sorry. I really tried to not make this difficult!

11tg635
04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
i really would rather us not trade brady but if they do i would like crabtree for our #5 pic then with our secound 1rst rounder pic wells then with our next 1rst from edwards mathews or britten idk for right side mabye i dont know if we do take britton then we pick english or slintem a pass rusher and with the 50 mabye a center

DAWGPOUND
04-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Well with this new development about Quinn and Edwards, here is my thinking.

I am going to go ahead and assume that the Quinn interested team is the Broncos, Jets, or Vikings. With the Browns 5 pick, I would take Crabtree, no matter who is available. If the pick is from Denver, I say the Browns go ahead and draft Ray Maualuga.

So far the Browns have Crabtree and Mauluga. Now due to past developments, I will continue as if the Giants are the team who want B.E. They have the 29th pick. With that pick there are 4 players I am considering. Clay Matthews. If he gets picked, the Browns have a young, strong corps which will last years (Maualuga, Matthews, Jackson, Wimbley. They also need to consider Alex Mack, Hakeem Nicks (Nicks and Crabtree...WOW) and Darius Butler. There also could be people whose draft stock unexpectedly falls.

But dating back to the Quinn scenario. If the team who acquires him is the Jets (Pick 17), Maualuga MAY still be available. If hes not, I think Kokinis should consider either A) Knowshon Moreno/Chris Wells (whoever is still available if either one is... B)Brian Cushing (instead of Clay MAtthews if it comes to this C) James Laurinatias (if Maualuga isn't there.

Now, If the team who acquires Quinn is the Vikings (Pick 22), the Browns should remain interested in all the above players who were just mentioned (if they are still there. I imagine Maualuga will be gone and the remainder of the two RB's will probably go to Philly at Pick 21). I think Kokinis should also consider Vontae Davis at this spot.

In a short summary in case you go lost, here are my three scenarios. Im not including another team for Edwards b/c I can't think of anyone else who would be interested in him.

Browns trade Quinn to Denver:
#5 Michael Crabtree
#12 Ray Maualuga (Not to complicate things but I guess the Browns could consider Malcolm Jenkins here as well)
#29 Clay Matthews, Darius Butler (pending they dont pick Jenkins at 12) or Hakeem Nicks.

Browns trade Quinn to Jets:
#5 Michael Crabtree
#17 James Laurinatas, Moreno/Wells, Brian Cushing
#29 See above trade

Browns trade Quinn to Vikings:
#5 Michael Crabtree
#22 James Laurinatas, Moreno/Wells, Cushing, MAYBE Matthews if they dont think he will fall, Vontae Davis
#29 See above trade.

Sorry. I really tried to not make this difficult!

Thats a great post and well thought out...

I only differ with you on the 17th pick from the Jets if Rey Rey is gone. I doubt we take Laurinatis...He will be a great pro but at 17..I sm leaning to Peria or Tyson Jackson..The Dline needs some Help

17td
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Thats a great post and well thought out...

I only differ with you on the 17th pick from the Jets if Rey Rey is gone. I doubt we take Laurinatis...He will be a great pro but at 17..I sm leaning to Peria or Tyson Jackson..The Dline needs some Help

I agree with both of you all we need too do is get mankok too agree with us...

Rockets&Browns
04-21-2009, 07:21 AM
I agree with both of you all we need too do is get mankok too agree with us...

I agree it all comes down to what ManKok wants or feels we need regardless of the possible trades being made. They actually may not like any of the guys we've been talking about for weeks and just may surprise us all.

Hermie13
04-21-2009, 12:39 PM
The Chiefs are switching to a 3-4 I believe.....so even with Thomas they can add Curry who will play ILB.

I will be very, very POed if we draft Curry at 5. We NEED pass rushers. Wimbley had more sacks his rookie year than Curry had in his ENTIRE college career!!

Thankfully though, I doubt we do draft him....if somehow Curry gets by the Chiefs, the Seahawks will likely gobble him up. They traded Peterson to the Lions so have a need at LB now.

If Curry does somehow manage to fall to us I hope we do the smart thing and trade down to a team like the Bills.

Now would Curry be the worst pick for us? no.....but he definitely isn't the best pick....

DAWGPOUND
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
The Chiefs are taking Curry...Z Thomas is one hit away from not knowing wat city he is in.

If the Chiefs pass on Curry..I still prefer Sintim at 36 as he has experience at the position and a better value...

Please reference my prior posting on why we take Raji...I made sure it was a convincing debate!!!!!

Ballsackers
04-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Stafford is all smoke and mirrors for the Lions to try and get a trading partner. Since that hasn't been working you will hear "With the first pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select, Aaron Curry."

TheSnowman
04-21-2009, 06:17 PM
No. We won't.

cle12152433
04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
If Detroit does not select Stafford they will go all out on Jason Smith. Schwartz knows that if they pick Curry at 1 there will be not players at 20 who can even compete on the offensive side of the ball at positions they are looking for. If they select Stafford or Smith, Detroit can still pick up Cushing, Maualuga etc. probably at 20.

K/W Browns Fan
04-21-2009, 07:44 PM
I think if Curry is still there at #5 then take him. He may not be much of a pass rusher in college but 40+ tackles for a loss is sick. Plus he is a hard worker and he has the speed to improve as a pass rusher.

Hermie13
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
The Chiefs are taking Curry...Z Thomas is one hit away from not knowing wat city he is in.

If the Chiefs pass on Curry..I still prefer Sintim at 36 as he has experience at the position and a better value...

Please reference my prior posting on why we take Raji...I made sure it was a convincing debate!!!!!

Sintim at 50 may even be a stretch....many think he's falling to the 3rd round!

I believe barring a trade down that it's Raji too. Mangini has talked about d-line versatility all winter and Raji and Rogers in the same line would be amazing.

DAWGPOUND
04-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Sintim at 50 may even be a stretch....many think he's falling to the 3rd round!

I believe barring a trade down that it's Raji too. Mangini has talked about d-line versatility all winter and Raji and Rogers in the same line would be amazing.

Hermie

I said Sintim at 36 because I do not feel at 50, all of the OLB that are not 2 year projects will be drafted by then. I feel English, Matthews, and Sintim will all be gone by 50.

I disagree with you respectfully on Sintim...He intrigues me for the following reasons, he has experience as an OLB in the 3-4, has played in cold weather, and his coaching is by a guy who understands the NFL.

English is a smaller conference guy, Matthews has 1 year starting experience..My intention is to not knock the guys, but at that pick your splitting hairs...I am taking thr guy that I feel is most adjusted and has a better track record

Hermie13
04-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Hermie

I said Sintim at 36 because I do not feel at 50, all of the OLB that are not 2 year projects will be drafted by then. I feel English, Matthews, and Sintim will all be gone by 50.

I disagree with you respectfully on Sintim...He intrigues me for the following reasons, he has experience as an OLB in the 3-4, has played in cold weather, and his coaching is by a guy who understands the NFL.

English is a smaller conference guy, Matthews has 1 year starting experience..My intention is to not knock the guys, but at that pick your splitting hairs...I am taking thr guy that I feel is most adjusted and has a better track record

Virginia in November isn't that cold.....

I'd bet Sintim goes 3rd round before he goes 36th to the Browns.....he is ranked the 9th best 3-4 OLB prospect by some....I can't see 8 going by the 50th pick let alone the 36th.

Essex Ace
04-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Virginia in November isn't that cold.....

I'd bet Sintim goes 3rd round before he goes 36th to the Browns.....he is ranked the 9th best 3-4 OLB prospect by some....I can't see 8 going by the 50th pick let alone the 36th.

Well considering I live in VA...we had a really cold November and December this year. Please do not try to argue me on this one Hermie when you are in Ohio and I am in Virginia.