PDA

View Full Version : #3 Vancouver vs #6 St.Louis

carson005
04-13-2009, 12:54 AM
http://images.cbssports.com/images/cbss/ui2/logos/nhl/160x100/VAN.gif......................... http://images.cbssports.com/images/cbss/ui2/logos/nhl/160x100/STL.gif

VANCOUVER CANUCKS (http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=Stats) VS ST LOUIS BLUES (http://blues.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=Stats)

Wednesday, April 15 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

Friday, April 17 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

Sunday, April 19 at St. Louis, 7:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

Tuesday, April 21 at St. Louis, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS

*Friday, April 24 at Vancouver, 10:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

*Sunday, April 26 at St. Louis, 8:00 p.m. CBC, VERSUS, RDS

*Tuesday, April 28 at Vancouver, TBD CBC, VERSUS, RDS

http://cdn.nhl.com/blackhawks/images/upload/2009/03/09stanleycupplayoffslogo134.jpg

carson005
04-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Any Blues fans wanna make a sig bet?

sacgiants1213
04-13-2009, 02:52 AM
i'd be lying wen i wish you guys good luck but out of common courtesy i'll say good luck anyway.

redbird89
04-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry. Hadn't made a thread yet. Games 4 and 5 will be on KPLR locally, and games 1, 2, 3, and 6 will be on FSN. They will nationally be on VS. Game 7 TBD

Paul Kariya may be back for this series as well.

redbird89
04-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Blues likely won’t have Kariya to start series
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Blues+likely+have+Kariya+start+series/1492447/story.html

cynomatic
04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Should be a good series for sure

redbird89
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Video of the celebration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85OBuMmS9TE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udm6Ud5a_mg&feature=related

TV will be on Versus nationally
Local Schedule:
DATE OPPONENT TIME TV
Wed, Apr. 15 Game 1: @ Vancouver 9 p.m. FS-MW
Fri, Apr. 17 Game 2: @ Vancouver 9 p.m. FS-MW
Sun, Apr. 19 Game 3: vs. VANCOUVER 6 p.m. FS-MW Tickets
Tues, Apr. 21
Game 4: vs. VANCOUVER 7 p.m. KPLR 11 Tickets
Fri, Apr. 24 Game 5: @ Vancouver* 9 p.m. KPLR 11
Sun, Apr. 26
Game 6: vs. VANCOUVER* 7 p.m. FS-MW Tickets
Tues, Apr. 28 Game 7: @ Vancouver* TBD TBD

All times St. Louis time (CDT). Games marked in BOLD indicate home games. * if necessary

NUCK-U
04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Should be a great series, the two hottest teams in the NHL go head-to-head. I also expect to see some great goaltending, from both Luongo and Mason. Will be a fun series to watch and I'm guessing it'll go 6 games.

Good luck in Round 1

bpmd2k
04-15-2009, 01:31 AM
The whole thing about not using Kariya because it will screw up the chemistry or its not fair to a guy that has been on the Roster all season is BS. Kariya is a point a game player or better... the blues are missing a playmaker to compliment McDonald for the other forwards like Tkachuk, Boyes and Backes, the main goal scorers. Sit down a guy like hinote, winchester, strachan etc and bring in Kariya. Or even Cam Jansen, because Murray refuses to play him, even though his toughness, monster hit ability and Fighting prowess has helped the Blues a lot when they looked Stale for 2+ periods. I think that Jansen is going to be needed for the playoffs because if he is benched, then no one else will really fight and we need that kind of intensity to fire up the team sometimes.

Anyway, if Kariya comes back, I think that the Blues are a better team than the Canucks. If he doesn't come back, then who the hell knows what happens, its a toss up. It's going to be a good series, and I have missed watching the Blues in the playoffs.

redbird89
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Blues play at 9 tonight on FSN, with pregame at 8.
Kariya won't be playing tonight.

redbird89
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Let's Go Blues!

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/STL.gifhttp://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/VAN.gif

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - The Vancouver Canucks needed a record-setting run to fight back from a January slump and clinch the Northwest Division in their final game of the season.

So what was their reward for erasing a 13-point gap and passing Calgary to claim the third playoff seed? A first-round series against the St. Louis Blues, the only team with a better record than Vancouver in the Western Conference over the second half of the regular season.

While the Canucks are 23-7-2 since February, the Blues went 25-9-7 the final 41 games, going from dead last in the west on Feb. 15 to the sixth seed with a 9-1-1 run to finish the season.

"Talk to guys who won the Stanley Cup and they'll tell you the first round is the toughest," Canucks defenseman Willie Mitchell said. "That's why this is so special this time of year because every team that got to the dance is good, and it becomes a matter of the will to win, the desire to elevate your play to the next level. If you don't you're probably going home in four or five games."

The Canucks can take comfort that they're opening the best-of-seven series Wednesday in Vancouver, where they are 13-1-1 since February, including a team-record 11 straight wins.

"It's a confidence thing too, going into the playoffs knowing we battled to win a tough division," Mitchell added. "The dial is reset come playoffs, but it gives you a little extra confidence."

The Blues were saying similar things after ending their franchise's three-season playoff drought, but cautioned against putting too much emphasis on their late success.

"We don't want to start thinking we've been playing playoff games," forward Andy McDonald said. "We've been playing games we can't lose but I think the competition is going to get a lot harder."

While Vancouver's impressive second half coincided with the return of all-star goalie Roberto Luongo from a two-month absence due to a groin pull, the Blues had to overcome a long list of injuries - 461 man games in total - to key players. Top defensemen Erik Johnson and Eric Brewer remain out

"That's probably the best job a coaching staff has done this year bringing that team into the playoffs with the injuries they've had to key personnel," Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said.

St. Louis forward Paul Kariya had surgery on both hips after recording 15 points his first 11 games, but is now skating in Vail, Colo., and could be cleared to return later this week.

"Paul is not here, he's not practicing with us, and until I see him on the ice with our team, he's not part of the equation," Blues coach Andy Murray said, refusing to speculate on a possible return.

In his absence, the Blues rely on a mix of veterans like 37-year-old captain Keith Tkachuk, and talented young forwards like David Perron and David Backes, and rookies Patrik Berglund and T.J. Oshie, who are all under the age of 26 and among the Blues' top seven scorers.

"It's good for a lot of our young guys who don t have playoff experience to come in and play that must-win type of hockey the last three months," Tkachuk said. "Obviously it's another level now. We have a lot of guys that haven t played in playoffs yet, and that could be a scary good thing.

The Canucks aren't exceptionally rich in playoff experience either.

Veteran Mats Sundin, who signed as a free agent in mid-December, leads the team with 83 career playoff games, but hasn't been to the postseason in five years.

"This is why I played this year to get a chance to in the playoffs, there's not too many left," the 38-year-old Sundin said. "Good teams in the playoffs find a way to do what made them successful in the regular season, and do that when the intensity and the importance of the games goes up."

Notes: The teams split the four-game regular season series, including a 6-4 victory for each before their second-half sprints, and one win apiece in the final month. ... Canucks LW Taylor Pyatt hasn't rejoined the team since his fiancee, Carly Bragnalo, was killed in a car crash April 3 while vacationing with family in Jamaica. Bragnalo's funeral was Tuesday in Thunder Bay, Ontario. ... Canucks RW Mason Raymond is married to the daughter of Murray's cousin. "I always like it when Mason scores and we win, joked the Blues coach. ... The last time these teams met in the first round in 2003, the Blues built a 3-1 series lead before most of their top players got the flu, and they lost the series in seven games. ... There are as many current Canucks left from that St. Louis team (Pavol Demitra and Ryan Johnson) as Blues (Keith Tkachuk and Barret Jackman).

Preview (http://blues.nhl.com/team/app?gameNumber=171&gameType=3&page=Preview&season=20082009&service=page)

Wrap-up (http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main)
Date: April 15, 2009
Time: 9:00 PM CST
TV: Home: FS-MW Away: CBC National: VERSUS
Radio: KMOX 1120 (http://www.kmox.com/pages/2615.php)

Blues Stats (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statistics/?hubname=nhl-blues)

bpmd2k
04-15-2009, 05:55 PM
The Blues need to at least take 1 of the first 2 in Vancouver and then see what happens in STL. I think that they can do it, and if Kariya comes back and is productive, they have 3 Monster Lines that they can put out there...

Perron, Berglund, Oshie
Karirya, Tkachuck, Steen/Crombeen/McClement
Backes, McDonald, Boyes

Looks pretty Beastly to me...

chonbon
04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
lololol...god it was nuts last friday when i was there, i cant wait for them to bring it back to stl.

carson005
04-15-2009, 11:40 PM
These refs are so bad

bpmd2k
04-16-2009, 12:23 AM
These refs are so bad

One thing that I have noticed, especially throughout this season is that the Refs get in the way of the puck ALOT. Is it really that difficult to see that if the puck gets dumped in the corner, you need to gtfo of the corner? I mean seriously, they are chillin along the boards and guys are trying to clear the zone and they let it hit them and then do like a gay little jump thing to act like they aren't too lazy to get out of the way. That really pisses me off.

And how did the Blues get a penalty when Ryan Johnson pulls a WWE maneuver on Tkachuk? If they won't let your teammates stick up for you, I would be doing all kinds of like Suplex's and stuff, because that was total bs too.

asmarks18
04-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Not scoring on that 5 on 3 was ridiculous.

bpmd2k
04-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Not scoring on that 5 on 3 was ridiculous.

Yeah that sucked so much.

Please for the love of all things holy, if they have to put 2 bionic hips in Kariya, they need to do it. We need another play maker bad. Boyes, Tkachuk and McDonald are the only guys that really create anything and Tkachuk creates his own opportunities from deflections and clean up around the net. Colaiacovo is a decent guy on the point, but Outside of Boyes and McDonald, they could really use another guy to create scoring ops. The Kid line needs to bring it friday for sure. That line seems to create scoring chances, but the only really good chances the Blues got were on the PP. They need another guy to create in the 5 on 5.

Man I hope that they can get their offense figured out... I don't like the Winchester, Tkachuk, Crombeen/Steen line... Tkachuk needs to be on a line with like McDonald or Boyes so that when they create the opportunities, they have a guy that can cause trouble and knock in some garbage around the net.

Tkachuk McDonald Boyes
Kariya Steen Backes
kid line
Jansen McClement Hinote I love this as the energy line... McClement is killer in the odd man rushes, Hinote is the ultimate pest and we really need Jansen's Intensity... A fight or 2 could really change the momentum in this series.

ink
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
We may see Kariya in there yet. That would be great, to see him playing in front of his hometown crowd in Vancouver.

btw, the Blues played well last night. They looked a little hesitant at times but this is a good team. Davidson has done a great rebuilding job and Murray makes them a tough team to play.

bpmd2k
04-16-2009, 09:20 PM
We may see Kariya in there yet. That would be great, to see him playing in front of his hometown crowd in Vancouver.

btw, the Blues played well last night. They looked a little hesitant at times but this is a good team. Davidson has done a great rebuilding job and Murray makes them a tough team to play.

I don't like that Murray is "Superstitious" or whatever you want to call it. He didn't want to make any changes to the line up, even though a couple changes would have made sense. You can't Knock ending the season 9-1-1, but I mean, their offense hasn't been good at all in the 5 on 5 and they are a lot better with a guy like DJ King or Cam Jansen knocking heads out there. It really does light a fire under the players when Jansen beats the living crap out of some punk for trying to kill Perron or Oshie. He has to make some moves and take Tkachuk off of the Winchester and Crombeen or whatever line. That is just ******** to have 3 goal scores on the same line.

redbird89
04-17-2009, 04:37 PM
4/17/09 9:00 PM #6 Blues (0-1) at #3 Canucks (1-0)
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/STL.gifhttp://cdn.nhl.com/images/minibanner/VAN.gif

ANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - Canucks coach Alain Vigneault wasn't happy about it, Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is getting used to it, and St. Louis Blues bench boss Andy Murray couldn't figure out what all the fuss is about.

When St. Louis' Andy McDonald sprayed the star goalie with snow after Luongo smothered a puck early in Game 1 of the first-round playoff series Wednesday night, it sparked a penalty-filled contest that left the Canucks upset with the referees.

After Vancouver killed off six of seven power plays and scored once on a delayed penalty and again on a power play in its 2-1 series-opening victory, Vigneault said he was confused by the officiating. He wouldn't expand on that comment after practice Thursday, but left little doubt his biggest concern was the activity around Luongo.

"Obviously, any team playing against us are going to focus on Luongo and the ice spraying, pushing in the crease. I just think somebody has to pay attention to that, Vigneault said. "Everybody is going to key on him. It just has to be fair.

Luongo, who stopped 25 shots, wasn't worried about the extra attention.

"A snow shower is a snow shower. What are you going to do? Luongo said, shrugging. "If they think that's going to get me off my game, that's totally fine. I don't mind it. It does actually get me going and, if that's part of their game plan, fine. You just find ways to fight through that stuff."

Murray thought Luongo deserved some blame for covering the puck, and encouraged the referees to force him to play it, but otherwise dismissed the issue.

"We'd like to get a few more pucks behind Roberto. We're not so concerned about the pucks in front of him," Murray said. "Roberto is obviously a world-class goaltender and we need to be more efficient in our shooting of the puck."

Several Canucks said their biggest complaint was being penalized for reacting to the snow showers with pushing and shoving in post-whistle scrums.

Blues captain Keith Tkachuk only shook his head when the subject came up.
"I'm embarrassed to even talk about that. It's ridiculous," Tkachuk said. "You can tell the game has changed, at least in my 17-year career, if you're complaining about something like that rather than running someone from behind or starting a brawl. This is all nonsense stuff we're talking about."

While there was plenty of differing views on the officiating - Murray had no problem with the referees, calling his players "dumb" and saying both teams were undisciplined - both sides agreed cutting down on the penalties would be a key when the best-of-seven series continues Friday night in Vancouver.

The Blues had the NHL's eighth-best power play and third-ranked penalty kill in the regular season, while Vancouver was 16th in both categories.

"We have to stay out of the penalty box," Canucks center Mats Sundin said. "It's a fine line between taking penalties and being aggressive."

The tricky part will be figuring out where that line will be drawn after 50 minutes in combined penalties to open the Western Conference quarterfinal.

"I thought playoff hockey was tough hockey," Canucks forward Ryan Kesler said. "They were calling a lot of clean hits that I don't think should have been called, but we can't let it frustrate us. We have to play the same way, finish checks, but you can't be running at guys trying to take their heads off."

While the Canucks pledged more discipline, the Blues were buoyed by the fact the game remained close despite playing so poorly, failing to convert on a lengthy 5-on-3 midway through the first period, and being outshot 15-6 in the third.

Murray said he was only happy with the effort of seven of his 18 skaters, and called out his young forwards for failing to elevate their play dating to the last five or six games of the season. With 11 players getting their first taste of playoff hockey, the Blues were confident they will be better Friday.

"There was a little hesitation from a few us," said David Backes, one of four Blues forwards under the age of 26 and among the top-seven in scoring. "You don't really know what to expect as far playoff hockey, but it's a 60-minute game on the same sheet of ice, against the same players and we just need to elevate our game the way Vancouver did last night and match their intensity."

St. Louis has only dropped consecutive games twice in the last three months, and in both cases one of the losses was in overtime or a shootout. The Blues, who went into the playoffs on a 9-1-1 run, haven't lost two straight games outright since the middle of January.

Preview (http://blues.nhl.com/team/app?gameNumber=171&gameType=3&page=Preview&season=20082009&service=page)

Wrap-up (http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main)
Date: April 17, 2009
Time: 9:00 PM CST
TV: Home: CBC Away: FS-MW National: VERSUS
Radio: KMOX 1120 (http://www.kmox.com/pages/2615.php)

Blues Stats (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statistics/?hubname=nhl-blues)

chonbon
04-18-2009, 12:39 AM
F@#! the Canucks, stupid tripping pieces of S@%$...pissed stl off, wait till sunday

redbird89
04-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Blues down two games to none. Tough road ahead at home.

ink
04-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Good luck in the next few games. I have a feeling that with the building behind them, the Blues are going to be a different team. They've played really well in the first two and the Canucks will have their hands full.

bpmd2k
04-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Good luck in the next few games. I have a feeling that with the building behind them, the Blues are going to be a different team. They've played really well in the first two and the Canucks will have their hands full.

The Blues played an ok game in game 1, and maybe the worst output of hockey they have had all season in Game 2. They were so horrible, it was hard to watch. They are going to have to man up and not be a bunch of little *****es in the 3rd game or they should forfeit due to being scared of making a guy pay for trying to hurt a teammate. Dan Hinote gets raped and has a 3 inch gash on his face like 10 seconds into the game, and the best they could do is say a couple words to the other team? Do they not let players fight in the Playoffs or what? As soon as Hinote got destroyed, someone needed to drop the gloves and beat the holy living **** out of the guy that made the hit. I don't understand how it wasn't a penalty, but if the refs aren't going to do anything about it, sometimes the players have to take care of it themselves...

ink
04-18-2009, 02:01 PM
^ Playoff hockey is about hockey. It's not about being a vigilante. The Blues would just dig themselves into a deeper hole if they try anything like "getting even" and taking the law into their own hands. They have to cut that crap and use the energy they get from the building to play better. It's not that they played so badly in Game 2, it's just that the Canucks are built for the playoffs with a very good goalie and stifling D. It's easy to look bad when everything you do gets frustrated by a sound defensive team. And Mason played brilliantly btw.

Watch for better line matchups now that Andy Murray has the last line change. You should start to see Tkachuk's line out there against the Sedins and that will make things harder offensively for the Canucks and better for the Blues. Home advantage for the Blues will tighten up the series.

flyersfan9319
04-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I think the blues will come back with a hunger for a win , they will get it and then the nucks will win in 7 sorry to say

bpmd2k
04-18-2009, 03:04 PM
^ Playoff hockey is about hockey. It's not about being a vigilante. The Blues would just dig themselves into a deeper hole if they try anything like "getting even" and taking the law into their own hands. They have to cut that crap and use the energy they get from the building to play better. It's not that they played so badly in Game 2, it's just that the Canucks are built for the playoffs with a very good goalie and stifling D. It's easy to look bad when everything you do gets frustrated by a sound defensive team. And Mason played brilliantly btw.

Watch for better line matchups now that Andy Murray has the last line change. You should start to see Tkachuk's line out there against the Sedins and that will make things harder offensively for the Canucks and better for the Blues. Home advantage for the Blues will tighten up the series.

The fact is, the blues got punked because they acted like little *****es. Because its the playoffs, they should let their guys get raped? I don't think so, it was sickening to see. If you fight a guy, you get a five minute penalty whats the big deal. You also don't have to fight to get even, you can send a return hit that knocks a guys' helmet off. The fact that they didn't do anything to turn up the physicality was absolutely pathetic. I didn't think that this team would have a problem with that, but I was wrong apparently lol.

ink
04-18-2009, 03:23 PM
The fact is, the blues got punked because they acted like little *****es. Because its the playoffs, they should let their guys get raped? I don't think so, it was sickening to see. If you fight a guy, you get a five minute penalty whats the big deal. You also don't have to fight to get even, you can send a return hit that knocks a guys' helmet off. The fact that they didn't do anything to turn up the physicality was absolutely pathetic. I didn't think that this team would have a problem with that, but I was wrong apparently lol.

I don't know what your hockey announcers feed you guys but it isn't hockey. :) Really different culture on your TV broadcasts I guess. All this "little *****es" stuff, and sticking up for your teammates by fighting when someone hits you with a clean check -- that's all pretty new to the game. League-wide, people have to drop that stuff in the post-season because the game is being called so closely, so don't pin it on Andy Murray for playing hockey in the playoffs. The chippy stuff is not the solution. Believe me, intimidation is HUGELY over-rated as a tactic. I don't think many teams that have made it this far will get intimidated. The only way they can advance in the playoffs is by OUT-PLAYING the opposition. Remember, the reason the Blues went so far so fast was because Murray had them playing such a disciplined style of hockey. They don't want to sacrifice that discipline for a few cheap shots that won't have any significant effect.

The way I look at it, the Blues are a young team with tons of promise. They will have the skills to win in the next couple of years but right now they're matched up with a more veteran team. Anything can still happen in the series and I see lots of positives in the Blues. They're keeping these games very low scoring and competitive. The Canucks are barely able to get the puck through for decent shots.

Like I said, things may change in the Blues favor when Murray gets the last line change and he gets Tkachuk a more favorable line matchup against the Sedins.

bpmd2k
04-18-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know what your hockey announcers feed you guys but it isn't hockey. :) Really different culture on your TV broadcasts I guess. All this "little *****es" stuff, and sticking up for your teammates by fighting when someone hits you with a clean check -- that's all pretty new to the game. League-wide, people have to drop that stuff in the post-season because the game is being called so closely, so don't pin it on Andy Murray for playing hockey in the playoffs. The chippy stuff is not the solution. Believe me, intimidation is HUGELY over-rated as a tactic. The only way they can advance in the playoffs is by OUT-PLAYING the opposition.

The way I look at it, the Blues are a young team with tons of promise. They will have the skills to win in the next couple of years but right now they're matched up with a more veteran team. Anything can still happen in the series and I see lots of positives in the Blues. They're keeping these games very low scoring and competitive. The Canucks are barely able to get the puck through for decent shots.

Like I said, things may change in the Blues favor when Murray gets the last line change and he gets Tkachuk a more favorable line matchup against the Sedins.

First, the hit on Hinote 12 seconds into the game was not clean. I didn't get that the Blues were playing very weak from our "Announcers". It was an accurate observation that I made. The 3 inch gash on Hinote's nose proves if nothing else its a hit to the face. If they aren't going to call blindside hits from behind on a guy that didn't have a chance at playing a puck, why not retaliate. I can remember 1 hit that actually did anything, and the rest of the game they did nothing. If playing a physical game in the playoffs isn't a good tactic, why do the cannucks have a 2-0 series lead. I am not talking about our players going Bertuzzi style, I am saying they need to go TJ Oshie on Nash style. That is it. Lay down some monster clean hits, showing that they aren't going to be pushed around. The 'nucks absolutely manhandled the Blues the whole game, why are you insinuating that I don't know anything about Hockey because I would like to see them at LEAST match the other team's intensity?

ink
04-18-2009, 03:50 PM
First, the hit on Hinote 12 seconds into the game was not clean. I didn't get that the Blues were playing very weak from our "Announcers". It was an accurate observation that I made. If they aren't going to call blindside hits from behind on a guy that didn't have a chance at playing a puck, why not retaliate. I can remember 1 hit that actually did anything, and the rest of the game they did nothing. If playing a physical game in the playoffs isn't a good tactic, why do the cannucks have a 2-0 series lead. I am not talking about our players going Bertuzzi style, I am saying they need to go TJ Oshie on Nash style. That is it. Lay down some monster clean hits, showing that they aren't going to be pushed around. The 'nucks absolutely manhandled the Blues the whole game, why are you insinuating that I don't know anything about Hockey because I would like to see them at LEAST match the other team's intensity?

The hits were only 18-15 in favor of the Canucks in the first period. The Blues were dishing out some good checks. I don't know what the stats were for the rest of the game, but they were definitely competing physically. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the series. I expect it to get very tough when you guys get the home crowd behind you.

redbird89
04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Kariya practiced with the team today. No word yet if he will play.

Game is at 6 on FS-MW.

ink
04-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Great first, 16-5 in hits. Tkachuk is the difference just as predicted. You really had the Canucks on the ropes in the first period.

bullocks
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Guess the brooms are out now?

ink
04-20-2009, 12:20 AM
^ Respect your opponent especially when they're down.

The Blues played well today. It's a young team and they'll be back in many playoffs to come.

bpmd2k
04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
The Blues did exactly what I said in the first period minus blowing *** on another 5 on 3. Cam Jansen made a good impact and the Blues played a solid period. Then in the 2nd period, they reverted back to the same team from the first 2 game, which cost us the game. They picked it up at the end of the 2nd and that led to a goal, but it wasn't enough. They stopped playing with intensity and laid an egg for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd. And their PK looked like they were 5 year olds trying to defend an NHL team. They weren't even trying to go after the puck they were just trying to make the other team stall, with no aggressiveness at all.

One thing I did notice that they did a little better was carry the puck in to the Zone more, without just dumping it and turning it over. Berglund made a really nice play slicing up the D and getting a very good scoring chance. They need more of that. I hope that they let Kariya play, if he sits in game 4 and he is healthy, Murray is a ******. This offense is a playmaker short, so that would definitely help.