PDA

View Full Version : Flip Saunders To Washington Wizards

Dashtary
04-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Announced it on csn, not final but done.

BH-Sports
04-12-2009, 06:17 PM
good choice. Washington got a bargain, sad to see Detroit letting him go. Saunders is a legitimate coach when he has healthy tools to work with. He will be working with Arenas, Butler, Jamison, and other young players and watch out, the Wizards will be playing in the playoffs next year

semperfi
04-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Saunders isn't a legitimate coach.

madiaz3
04-12-2009, 06:21 PM
good choice. Washington got a bargain, sad to see Detroit letting him go. Saunders is a legitimate coach when he has healthy tools to work with. He will be working with Arenas, Butler, Jamison, and other young players and watch out, the Wizards will be playing in the playoffs next year

ahh ironic thing is the team that may be bumped out could be the pistons

superkegger
04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I like it for both. Flip should be able to really help that team. I think it's a great fit.

KnicksorBust
04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Flip is a great offensive coach and they have great offensive players. Seems like a good fit for me. I see the Wiz in the playoffs next year.

Spurred1
04-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Should be interesting to see how the Wiz will improve, with a new coach and hopefully, a healthier team.

infamous
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh, boy! and if the Wiz will get Blake watch out East!

JJ81
04-12-2009, 09:03 PM
He should be with someone.

prash
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM
can someone confirm that this is actually fact.

kEviN21
04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
:clap:

bahama0811
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Good for the Wiz if this happens. If they can stay healthy I think they'll make the playoffs. Flip doesn't have much control over Agent Zero staying healthy.

PhillyForLife90
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Good for the Wizards. They now have a real coach, plus a healthy Arenas with Caron and Jamison next year, they'll be tough to beat. Also they should get a pretty good draft pick this summer so that only helps them even more.

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I like it for both. Flip should be able to really help that team. I think it's a great fit.

Yes, I think so too. If his core players (arenas, butler, jamison) stay with the team and are healthy they could be a contender for a playoff seed. Good fit.

tcm746
04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
good fit for the wizards...but nothin more than a 5th seed

EX-TREME
04-13-2009, 03:55 PM
the wiz is a scary team next year.

pippsux
04-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Still only makes them a 45 win team, assuming Arenas is even close to what he was. Coaching was not the problem, when you have 2 all stars in the east, there is absolutely no excuse for not making the playoffs. Butler or Jameson needs to be traded for a big or guard.

As for Saunders he is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. He had Garnet for almost a decade and a pre made Pistons team and could not get it done. I hope coach Jordan, Eddie Jordan gets a good job, he did not deserve to get fired.

superkegger
04-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Still only makes them a 45 win team, assuming Arenas is even close to what he was. Coaching was not the problem, when you have 2 all stars in the east, there is absolutely no excuse for not making the playoffs. Butler or Jameson needs to be traded for a big or guard.

As for Saunders he is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. He had Garnet for almost a decade and a pre made Pistons team and could not get it done. I hope coach Jordan, Eddie Jordan gets a good job, he did not deserve to get fired.

When you have only 2 legit NBA players its tough to win. Jamis and Butler ahve done everything they can, but Tawn is older now, and they simply just can't carry a scrub team to victory. When you lose 2 starters to injury for the whole year, that kills you, espcially when your bench is weak to begin with.

And Saunders isn't overrated. He had a lot of success with his previous teams. Did he win a ring? No, but it took Garnett going to the celtics with two other all stars to get a ring. And that Detroit team, while it's arguable he should have won a Title, they only won a title once, so that's not all on him, and they've totally imploded this year under Curry.

Maybe not a legit title contender with Flip, but it definitely helps them, especially if they're healthy. He's a good coach, and with the offensive pieces they have in Washington, they should be a much better team next year with Flip at the helm.

Oh, and it is official by the way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvJ1rEXUrMuTHc6kusnBjuq8vLYF?slug=ys-saunderswizards041309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns