PDA

View Full Version : Trade on table for Quinn

kosar4president
04-12-2009, 03:32 PM
As reported ealrier, there is a trade on the table for Quinn.Here is what is on the table. It is complicated, the Lions would have to choose Stafford first and then deal him to Cleveland for Quinn and pick number 5. The Browns would also get pick number 33 and first pick in 4 th round.
So , to sum it up
Browns get:
Matthew Stafford
#33 pick
#1st pick in 4th round
Lions get:
Brady Quinn
# 5 pick

P.S. The Vikings have withdrawn two first rounders for Quinn.

Hotdiggitydog53
04-12-2009, 03:52 PM
As reported ealrier, there is a trade on the table for Quinn.Here is what is on the table. It is complicated, the Lions would have to choose Stafford first and then deal him to Cleveland for Quinn and pick number 5. The Browns would also get pick number 33 and first pick in 4 th round.
So , to sum it up
Browns get:
Matthew Stafford
#33 pick
#1st pick in 4th round
Lions get:
Brady Quinn
# 5 pick

That is crap and I can pretty much bet you are making it up. First off why would the lions have to give up anything other then stafford for quinn no freaking way they give up a 2nd rounder and a 4th rounder that they dont even have. Get a damn brain dude its a pipe dream.

Kody
04-12-2009, 03:54 PM
no way this happens, first off why would the Browns want Stafford when Quinn is easily better and has more potential plus he knows the players on the team and the offense along with the coaching staff

Drunk Kosar 19
04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
uh no....Id rather go 4-12 next season and draft sam bradford or even mccoy before id want stafford. stafford looks like on of the jonas brothers or something, and i really think he is highly overrated, but nonetheless he belongs in a west coast offense. Browns need to some how trade down a tad and get manualuga and Clay Mat. Jr......and keep braylon unless giants throw in kiwuanuka and the 2nd and 5th rounders...draft brian robo in the 2nd, and patrick chung.....we'll be in good shape, plenty of good FA's to be released

TheSnowman
04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
No chance of this.

17td
04-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I say no! If we trade quinn to detroit it better be for one of there 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder at least??? Don't think i am too interested in swapping quinn for stafford. Or get the lions 20th pick and the first pick in the 2nd round for him?I like quinn but i am not opposed too trading him, you just better get some good value back...

Son of Prodigy
04-12-2009, 07:43 PM
So , to sum it up
Browns get:
Matthew Stafford
#33 pick
#1st pick in 4th round
Lions get:
Brady Quinn
# 5 pick

Any source??? Doesn't make sense... And no thanks on stafford. I also agree.... trade down and gather more picks... Someone will be willing to move up to 5.

Kokasaurus
04-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Agreed. What source did you see this trade and what source did you see the Minnesota Vikings giving us TWO 1st round picks?

gobrownsgo66
04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Agreed. What source did you see this trade and what source did you see the Minnesota Vikings giving us TWO 1st round picks?

Minnesota offered us two first rounders during last season but Phil didn't want to take the offer.

kosar4president
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Wow! Don't shoot the messenger. The Vikings( as noted) did offer us two first rounders last year for Quinn. They were supposedly putting that back on the table this year, but that ( as I said earlier) is not the case. I hope this deal does not go through, but I can tell you it is on the table. The fourth rounder is in 2010. I am just clarifying an article written earlier by someone who has no clue when they wrote that there were several offers for Quinn. This is the only offer that I am aware of. Also, as we all know, Braylon is being shopped but I have no specifics, if you do, please post. Also the Quinn trade would only happen if no better deal comes in for DA. The Jets were reportedly ready to offer a 3rd this year and a 5th next year that could prosper into a 2 nd if the Jets made the playoffs and he took 80 % of the snaps.

kosar4president
04-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree with getting Bradford next year. I personally dont think Stafford would be good in Cleveland. Also, If we make this trade, I think we take two steps back. Just be prepared to lose Quinn. It should happen this week.

Stonevision
04-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I could see this going down but I am a BQ fan so I'd rather it didn't. You'd be stuck with trying to develop Stafford with DA stinking up the joint and the Dawgpound, all the while, will be calling for the kid... oh, wait... didn't we just see that for the last 2 years?

Mankok has to put their stamp on this team and that would be one way of doing it. They should also make it a 4th rounder this year because it's a pretty deep draft this year and who's to say it will be as deep next year?

If I were Mankok (which I'm glad I'm not) I'd wait until next year to look at QB's. You're going to have Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford and whoever else might make a push. This isn't a good year to look at 1st round QB's or RB's. Load up the linebackers, defensivebacks, receivers, and the maybe the right side of the line and go for the franchise player next year if Brady doesn't prove himself this year.

NYJetsfan69
04-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow! Don't shoot the messenger. The Vikings( as noted) did offer us two first rounders last year for Quinn. They were supposedly putting that back on the table this year, but that ( as I said earlier) is not the case. I hope this deal does not go through, but I can tell you it is on the table. The fourth rounder is in 2010. I am just clarifying an article written earlier by someone who has no clue when they wrote that there were several offers for Quinn. This is the only offer that I am aware of. Also, as we all know, Braylon is being shopped but I have no specifics, if you do, please post. Also the Quinn trade would only happen if no better deal comes in for DA. The Jets were reportedly ready to offer a 3rd this year and a 5th next year that could prosper into a 2 nd if the Jets made the playoffs and he took 80 % of the snaps.

eww...I honestly don't want DA. I want Braylon from you guys and I'd do a 1st and either late picks/players since we have some guys Mangini probably still wants.

I saw a report on Rotoworld that said the Browns have an offer on the table to trade Quinn for a 1st and Braylon for a 1st and something else.

Personally, if I were you guys, I would ship them both out of town. You could end up with 2 extra 1sts and another 3rd or 4th. Then you would have the flexibility to move throughout the 1st round and u could end up with 5-6 day one players.

Katspinal1313
04-12-2009, 11:00 PM
18th pick and Orton or Simms! Not saying either of those would start but they would be solid rebuilding stop gaps as you develop...... say Josh Freeman (with the 18th????) or Sanchez with the 5th.
Just throwing it out there, think most of us Bronco fans want and respect BQ. Either way good luck guys we just found out how much it sucks not to know whats happening with your QB.

Essex Ace
04-12-2009, 11:35 PM
If the Browns trade Brady Quinn we will still be waiting in another 10 years just to make the ****ing playoffs. I'm so tired of Mangini's childish ******** that he cannot have anyone associated with Belicheck, Weis, etc. GROW UP YOU FAT PIECE OF ****!!! Brady Quinn is the key to the future of our franchise! How hard is this for people to understand? He has started two games and these two ****ers are trying to trade him! That is ****ing ridiculuos and if they trade him and we don't win within the next 2-3 years maximum, the two should be killed, not fired, KILLED! It is no wonder people across the US ridicule and laugh at Cleveland sports. We ****ing deserve it and we prove that over and over again! We don't know what we are doing, that is obvious...when the hell did Cleveland become a basketball city? I mean I love the Cavs but Cleveland belongs to the Indians and Browns and neither know the first damn thing about winning and it is pathetic. I have stuck by this team through thick and thin, we have never had a player to truly rally behind in the 10 years this team has been back. Now we have it and are trying to get rid of it. It is a goddamn disgrace!!!

TheSnowman
04-13-2009, 12:04 AM
If we go through with this trade, it will be a ****ing disgrace. Just like said above, this is why our franchise cannot make any forward progress, because any management we put in place cannot stick behind a player for more than 2 years. It is ****ing nonsense that you trade a franchise quarterback like Quinn without even attempting to properly evaluate his talent with a healthy season and system in place. Again, I'm on the record, if this goes through it is a ****ing shame.

TheSnowman
04-13-2009, 12:05 AM
PS I don't want Matt Stafford on my god damn football team.

kosar4president
04-13-2009, 08:42 AM
If we go through with this trade, it will be a ****ing disgrace. Just like said above, this is why our franchise cannot make any forward progress, because any management we put in place cannot stick behind a player for more than 2 years. It is ****ing nonsense that you trade a franchise quarterback like Quinn without even attempting to properly evaluate his talent with a healthy season and system in place. Again, I'm on the record, if this goes through it is a ****ing shame.

I agree with you 100%. It better not go through.

Brownsfan4life
04-13-2009, 09:03 AM
So , to sum it up
Browns get:
Matthew Stafford
#33 pick
#1st pick in 4th round
Lions get:
Brady Quinn
# 5 pick

This is just the case of trying to make DA's stock higher. Everything that is said about quinn and DA is just trying to make teams interested in DA give up more by making them think that we don't really want to give up DA.

Quinn will not be going.

TheRedMarauder
04-13-2009, 09:42 AM
According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles.

rotoworld

ClevelandPWND
04-13-2009, 09:57 AM
***K! ***K! ***K! ***K! ***K! ***K! ***K! ***K! I'm goin' into hibernation. Wake me when it's over!!!

Kokasaurus
04-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Is this similar to the trade of B Edwards to NYG that happened a few weeks ago? Or how bout the trade of Quinn and Rogers to Denver. Until I actually see a legitimate report of trade conversation, its all hearsay to bolster trade scenarios. Personally, I think it would be completely stupid of the Browns to trade either of the above mentioned players before the day of the draft, which is when their value is highest.

TheSnowman
04-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Absolutely. Especially with Braylon, these deals, if any, NEED to happen ON DRAFT DAY.

kosar4president
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Is this similar to the trade of B Edwards to NYG that happened a few weeks ago? Or how bout the trade of Quinn and Rogers to Denver. Until I actually see a legitimate report of trade conversation, its all hearsay to bolster trade scenarios. Personally, I think it would be completely stupid of the Browns to trade either of the above mentioned players before the day of the draft, which is when their value is highest.

I hope you are right, the only reason I believe this report is because the Browns would owe Quinn 11 plus million this year if he plays 70 percent of the snaps. He is not worth that, Savage screwed us there. Quinn will (IMO) be a part of the Lions this year. Don't be surprised if the 49 ers make a play on Quinn, or even a team like Seattle or St. Louis.

Rockets&Browns
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I hope you are right, the only reason I believe this report is because the Browns would owe Quinn 11 plus million this year if he plays 70 percent of the snaps. He is not worth that, Savage screwed us there. Quinn will (IMO) be a part of the Lions this year. Don't be surprised if the 49 ers make a play on Quinn, or even a team like Seattle or St. Louis.

Yeah because of his contract escalators that's why I think he'll be gone. I want him here but management, I'm sure, does not wanna pay him that type of money. He will be gone and don't be surprised when ManGina trades for Kellen Clemens! LOL! It will most likely happen. I love Quinn and always have but all I want is a winner on the field and if ManKok brings that here I don't care who's playing. Point blank period end of sentence!

Kokasaurus
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
K... gotta ask. The escalator clause is if Brady plays 70% of the downs this season. If Brady plays 2/3 of the season as the starter and is doing well, shouldn't he be paid as a starting QB in the league? And... if for some reason the Quinn experiment fails, we can bench him prior to the 70%. Seems to me, its pretty easy for the Browns to evaluate him for half the season without shelling out bucks for a bust. I'm not saying that he is or isn't future, but why is everyone in such a rush to either proclaim him starter or trade the guy?

PS. If we ended up drafting a franchise QB, we would be paying them a hell of a lot more in guaranteed money without any experience.

DAWGPOUND
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I do not think Brady Quinn is the key to our future....If we have a 1st rd pick on the table for him...ship him out. Lets not forget that Brady probably would have/could have been the starting QB by now, but he decided to hold out and could not get to camp in time to learn the offense.

Guy could not throw for over 50% accuracy when he did make his starts and it was aginst weaker competition.

I think there is BQ bandwagon because of the regression of DA...last I checked...the entire team regressed last year...

I would like to see Crabtree and Braylon running together as WR's...Cmon...you have to be a little bit curious

BQ to the Lions for number 20!...perhaps a Tyson Jackson pick???

prodigy
04-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I do not think Brady Quinn is the key to our future.???

lottery numbers please?

bossup2
04-13-2009, 03:09 PM
im a detroit fan and we have two 3rd rd picks not two 4ths, but i would LOVE this trade to happen

Stonevision
04-13-2009, 03:43 PM
They gotta do what they gotta do. I consider Edwards to be history at this point. Do you think he would re-sign next year after hearing all the talk this year. Seems like the logical thing to do in this case.
As far as Quinn, I wouldn't mind him staying but if they aren't sold on him, get what they can this year because if he sucks this year you won't get anything next year. The 2010 QB class is loaded and my guess is they'll have the pick of the litter.

bossup2
04-14-2009, 11:46 AM
it looks more likely now

Matthew Stafford has reportedly begun telling his former Georgia teammates that he'll be the Lions' pick at No. 1 overall.

Stafford is allegedly saying the pick is a "done deal" and that he'll receive more than $40 million guaranteed. Matt Ryan, the top quarterback chosen in last year's draft, got $34.75M guaranteed on a six-year contract

ROTOWORLD

Gibby23
04-14-2009, 01:30 PM
According to the National Football Post's Michael Lombardi, the Browns have offers on the table for both Brady Quinn and Braylon Edwards and will likely move both players.

One team has reportedly made a standing offer of a first-round pick for Quinn, which the Browns will likely accept. They also have a package of at least a first-round pick on the table for Braylon Edwards, and Lombardi expects him to be dealt sometime this offseason. It's clear now that the Browns are in full-blown rebuilding mode after Phil Savage left the roster in shambles.

rotoworld

ESPN insider thinks the team with the offer for Quinn is the Niners:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Niners looking for a new QB?
According to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle, former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith looked pretty bad during the San Francisco 49ers' most recent minicamp. Smith's passes were loose, and it appeared that he was still suffering some aftereffects of his shoulder surgery.
This lackluster output, combined with the fact that the team has hosted both Mark Sanchez and Matthew Stafford in recent weeks, has led to speculation that they aren't satisfied with either Smith or Shaun Hill entering the 2009 season as the team's starting quarterback. It's expected that the team's offense this season will be run-heavy to make use of their best offensive player, Frank Gore, as well as to take the ball out of the hands of whoever does win the starting QB battle.

But the other option is to acquire another player to compete with Smith and Hill for the job, and with the free-agent market all but completely dried up after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' signing of Byron Leftwich, that would leave the draft and a trade. It's possible that Sanchez and Stafford will both be gone by the time the 49ers' first pick rolls around at No. 10, and Kansas State's Josh Freeman would be a big stretch with that pick. Furthermore, rookie quarterbacks are always a gamble, and none of the top triumvirate of gunslingers in this year's draft class are considered surefire superstars, either.

Therefore, the 49ers could very likely be the mystery team that has been linked to a trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn. The National Football Post has been informed by multiple sources that there is a team who has put a first-round pick on the table in exchange for Quinn, and the Niners would make a world of sense in that role. The team has searched fruitlessly for a stud quarterback since the Jeff Garcia days earlier this decade, and by all indications Quinn is a superstar waiting for the right situation.

In spite of other needs perhaps outweighing signal-caller -- including safety, wide receiver and linebacker -- making a move for Quinn would give the offense a genuine facelift, and would also silence critics of general manager Scot McCloughan, who has been steadfast in defending his decision to draft Smith with the No. 1 pick in 2005. The NFL is still the "League of Quarterbacks", and this team would be in much better shape in 2009 with Quinn under center instead of Smith or Hill.

Kokasaurus
04-14-2009, 01:40 PM
If the Niner's are seriously willing to give up the 10 for Quinn, I'd have to consider it. Considering who would likely be available at 10: Wells, Rey, Sanchez, Raji, etc.

TheSnowman
04-14-2009, 02:36 PM
I would absolutely give up Quinn for the 10 pick. I was against letting him go, but given the amount of money he's scheduled to make and the higher this speculatory pick is, the more happy I'd be to let him go. I'd be much less inclined if the pick is coming later in the round, but the 10 pick is absolutely somewhere where you'll get a star impact player.

TheSnowman
04-14-2009, 02:47 PM
...in this scenario with the 5 and 10 pick, I would absolutely draft Michael Crabtree. At 10, there would be a lot of options, like Sanchez (if around) and Maualuga (would be excellent but we have 2 starting ILBs), but I would draft Aaron Maybin. He's the best pass rusher in the draft (I believe Orakpo does not fit in Cleveland) and would fit very well into our defensive scheme.

DAWGPOUND
04-14-2009, 03:18 PM
No Dice...the 49ers wont do that trade!! C'mon number 10 for BQ!! If I were the owner of the 49ers and my coach and GM pulled that rigger..I would drop my pants to Singletary and the GM and my azz would read, your fired!

I think there is a number 1 on the table...but it is not from the 49ers...I think the 49ers would offer there 2nd and 3rd picks for Quinn

Also, if that trade were true, WhyTF wouldn't the Browns pull the trigger NOW???

I am not sure the Browns would even want number 10...the very best of teams build in pics 15-75.

David LeeWright
04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Jets fan/ Brady Quinn worshiper here. First off, Mangini thinks way too hard about things which is why the Jets became such a mess at the end of last year. Second, why would anyone want to trade Brady Quinn!!!? Hes is the fittest and one of the smartest QB's in the entire league. So much upside!! I hope they trade him away to NY because he is the missing puzzle for a playoff run. But since Mangenious(at least he was 3 years ago) wants to trade him so bad. How about his lover Gholston straight up for BQ??? Seems like both are extras on their respective teams.

Stonevision
04-14-2009, 04:24 PM
If Brady Quinn is dealt, please make sure it's to the NFC. It would be too fitting if he turned out to be the franchise QB many of us figure him to be. If Mankok plan on playing small ball in the passing game I can't understand why they'd move BQ. Unless this is one of those "smokescreens" teams are throwong out lately.

If the Vikings didn't trade away their 1st rd. pick last year for Jared Allen, I'd consider them to be in the mix. I figured them wanting D.A. since free agency last year.
The 49'ers would be a perfect fit. Singletary is looking for winners and leaders. BQ is both IMO. If they are willing to give up the 10th pick it'd be tough to pass up.

Trading away a potential local franchise player is a tough decision. If it were to happen they better not miss on the draft selection and Quinn better not turn out to be the QB Trader Phil drafted.

fanfromtheCAPE
04-14-2009, 07:27 PM
If i was the owner of the vikes i would offer a 1st and 7th for quinn

Drunk Kosar 19
04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I think we will trade BQ to NYJ for 1round pick this year a 6th rounder and kellen clemens

TheSnowman
04-14-2009, 11:42 PM
**** Kellen Clemens. Say all you want about him being linked to Mangini but he is NOT a bargaining tool with Derek Andersen on the roster, and there are likely better offers on the table at this point.

Stonevision
04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Imagine if Tampa Bay was to get in the mix. Kellen Winslow hasn't shut up about him being the QB he thought should be the starter and he certainly voiced his opinion when he was still in Cleveland. The Browns already have Tampa's 2nd rounder this year and 5th next year so what else could they deal?

Denver could still be in the running. They could offer their #18 pick. Or maybe the #12, #18, and a 3rd for Brady and #5.

vtgriff09
04-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Any team that needs a qb and does not give up their first rd pick for brady quinn is stupid as crap. This kid is going to be great, he has 2 yrs of learning experience.....i would jump right now on quinn if i were .......Detroit, Washington, Denver, NYJ, Miami, Buffalo, TB, Minnesota, SF, STL.......the browns are stupid to not even give the guy a chance........by the way, why in the world are the browns trying to give up on Edwards, Winslow and Quinn all in one yr?? The problem is not the offense.....stupid......i guess they want to wait another 10 yrs to be competitive

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:39 AM
No Dice...the 49ers wont do that trade!! C'mon number 10 for BQ!! If I were the owner of the 49ers and my coach and GM pulled that rigger..I would drop my pants to Singletary and the GM and my azz would read, your fired!

I think there is a number 1 on the table...but it is not from the 49ers...I think the 49ers would offer there 2nd and 3rd picks for Quinn

Also, if that trade were true, WhyTF wouldn't the Browns pull the trigger NOW???

I am not sure the Browns would even want number 10...the very best of teams build in pics 15-75.

You are 100% correct. The guarenteed money is alot less in 15-75. It leaves you more money for good depth. The 49 ers are not the team. Here is why. The niners have too much cap locked in with Smith and Gore. If they could release Smith, they would have already. They do have enough under the cap for Quinn, but it would restrict their moves for the next two years. If the niners release Smith, then maybe it could happen in two years. The Lions are the team that will land Quinn. I believe the mysterious team (if there is any, would most likely be Mangini and Kokinis leaking rumors to build value in Quinn). Let's say for the fun of it, that there is a mystery team, who would it be? I say it would be a team that is a quarterback away from a good run in the playoffs......The Carolina Panthers or...... along stretch...but maybe the Skins.

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I think we will trade BQ to NYJ for 1round pick this year a 6th rounder and kellen clemens

I would love that trade.It would be better than the Lions trade that they are close to completing. Clemens does have some upside.

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 11:06 AM
You are 100% correct. The guarenteed money is alot less in 15-75. It leaves you more money for good depth. The 49 ers are not the team. Here is why. The niners have too much cap locked in with Smith and Gore. If they could release Smith, they would have already. They do have enough under the cap for Quinn, but it would restrict their moves for the next two years. If the niners release Smith, then maybe it could happen in two years. The Lions are the team that will land Quinn. I believe the mysterious team (if there is any, would most likely be Mangini and Kokinis leaking rumors to build value in Quinn). Let's say for the fun of it, that there is a mystery team, who would it be? I say it would be a team that is a quarterback away from a good run in the playoffs......The Carolina Panthers or...... along stretch...but maybe the Skins.

Thanks man!

I think there is a trade and it is the Vikings or the Jets...I think the Lions are going Stafford (just from the gut). The Vikings are the team...The Bears traded for Cutler, and to win that division I think you need to win 10 games...Even if they can win 10 games with Jackson or Rosenfells, they will not be able to win the Division Game, Championship, and Super Bowl with those 2 QB's..

With AP and that defense...the entire city will want Childress and Wolfe's head on a plate..

I do agree with the Panthers and Jets as being possible targets though.

I can hardly wait until the draft...I might have to watch the whole thing

Essex Ace
04-15-2009, 11:13 AM
No one should love any trade involving trading Quinn. But then again we are Browns fans and are the dumbest ****s on Earth. Only we can trade a franchise QB and future star without giving him a chance.

Essex Ace
04-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks man!

I think there is a trade and it is the Vikings or the Jets...I think the Lions are going Stafford (just from the gut). The Vikings are the team...The Bears traded for Cutler, and to win that division I think you need to win 10 games...Even if they can win 10 games with Jackson or Rosenfells, they will not be able to win the Division Game, Championship, and Super Bowl with those 2 QB's..

With AP and that defense...the entire city will want Childress and Wolfe's head on a plate..

My patience is running short with you dumbasses. The Vikings will not trade a 4th for Rosenfels and then turn around and trade a 1st for Quinn. If you are going to be ******** and talk about trading Quinn at least get your **** straight. I mean you already look dumb enough talking about trading him.

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
My patience is running short with you dumbasses. The Vikings will not trade a 4th for Rosenfels and then turn around and trade a 1st for Quinn. If you are going to be ******** and talk about trading Quinn at least get your **** straight. I mean you already look dumb enough talking about trading him.

Thank you, someone else sees the light. Here is another reason why Quinn will not be gone, we dont have the cap space. The only way I would be ok with seeing him go is if we got a high 1st for him. Yea by trading him we lower our cap, but we will still lose cap space from his bonuses. So we would not be able to sign that high pick to the deal that he would command.

Bottom line is for us to turn the team around Quinn needs to be under center. Its that simple.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Essex, you're out of line. It's not dumb to talk about OUR ORGANIZATION'S REPORTED DESIRE TO TRADE HIM. Dude, I agree with you that it is not in the best interest of the team to trade Brady Quinn, but that doesn't give you license to go off on people because they're discussing what management has made public, that they're not thrilled with Quinn and they're willing to move him at the right price. This is a major story, and you come in here guns blazing calling people stupid for talking about an issue that is in the public eye. These forums are here for people to express their opinions and speculate on what they THINK will happen, who are you to give people **** because they think things will/should play out a way different from yours? If are such an expert on evaluating talent, more than the people who see the players in camp and practice everyday, why are you not working in the front office?

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM

The 49ers renegotiated the contract with Smith to lower it. Smith knew that if he didn't he was going to be cut this offseason. So they could have cut him, but just lowered his contract.

And we cant trade with the Panthers. They would offer us Peppers. Thats great. But he is due to make $16 mil this year, and its only a one year deal. He can simply leave after. We dont have the cap space to do these deals.

Essex Ace
04-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Essex, you're out of line. It's not dumb to talk about OUR ORGANIZATION'S REPORTED DESIRE TO TRADE HIM. Dude, I agree with you that it is not in the best interest of the team to trade Brady Quinn, but that doesn't give you license to go off on people because they're discussing what management has made public, that they're not thrilled with Quinn and they're willing to move him at the right price. This is a major story, and you come in here guns blazing calling people stupid for talking about an issue that is in the public eye. These forums are here for people to express their opinions and speculate on what they THINK will happen, who are you to give people **** because they think things will/should play out a way different from yours? If are such an expert on evaluating talent, more than the people who see the players in camp and practice everyday, why are you not working in the front office?

Quinn is not being traded because of talent level. Quinn is being traded because Mangina has a personal beef with anyone developed by Belicheck disciples (i.e. Weis). And it is my opinion (as you stated the purpose of this forum) that all of you are absolutely ******** for wanting to trade the future of our organization. The fans should be saying this is ridiculous, which it is. And hey if the Browns wanna give me a call I will listen :rolleyes:

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks man!

The Vikings have the 22 nd pick this year and could make a run at Quinn. I think that Minnesota needs a good, consistent QB to make it to the next level. Minnesota also needs a big play receiver. it would have made sense for them to land Holt, but they didn't.I think Minnesota would have to give up two first rounders for Quinn, that is what they offered last year, but they withdrew that offer last week, which tells us that the Browns have something better in the works. I think if the Vikes offered number 1 this year and next year, then the deal gets done. Its not too much to ask because of draft position. The Jets are reportedly close to completing a trade for Troy Smith from Baltimore( I do not know the specifics, but it seems unlikely to me) to compete with Clemens and Ratcliff, so I think they are out of the equation.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
You might be right. But can we agree that if Mangini busts in Cleveland, he most likely will not have another NFL head coaching job waiting for him in X amount of years? I have a hard time believing that a "smart" (let's hope) coach would let such an extreme personal bias like his animosity with Belichick, which is obvious, affect such important personnel decisions like moving a local prodigy and starting quarterback. Basically if the Browns hired who they think they did, Mangini will not let this rivalry dictate the course of his time in Cleveland and control every move he makes. I can only hope that they are taking offers for the right reasons, to better the football team overall, which I think would be the case if we were to let him go for all these reports of high draft picks (7-10) that we keep hearing...

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 11:58 AM
The 49ers renegotiated the contract with Smith to lower it. Smith knew that if he didn't he was going to be cut this offseason. So they could have cut him, but just lowered his contract.

And we cant trade with the Panthers. They would offer us Peppers. Thats great. But he is due to make $16 mil this year, and its only a one year deal. He can simply leave after. We dont have the cap space to do these deals.

Sure Smith renegotiated his contract. They saved cap room this year and this year alone. He has a no trade clause unless he approves the team and his cap figure is 15 % percent more over the next two years than it would have been when he originally signed. That is why I said that SF would be too restricted over the next two years if they made the move. He has too much guarenteed money over that two year period. Read the whole post man. You don't actually think Smith took less money for the remainder of his contract to stay in SF do you? I hope you realize it is a business.

As for the Peppers situation, yes he is guaranteed 16 million this year , but he would have to sign a new long term deal which would put him at about 10 million per season if the trade went through. However , I do not agree that He would be involved in the trade. i think it would be Moore and their 2 nd round this year and first next year.

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
You might be right. But can we agree that if Mangini busts in Cleveland, he most likely will not have another NFL head coaching job waiting for him in X amount of years? I have a hard time believing that a "smart" (let's hope) coach would let such an extreme personal bias like his animosity with Belichick, which is obvious, affect such important personnel decisions like moving a local prodigy and starting quarterback. Basically if the Browns hired who they think they did, Mangini will not let this rivalry dictate the course of his time in Cleveland and control every move he makes. I can only hope that they are taking offers for the right reasons, to better the football team overall, which I think would be the case if we were to let him go for all these reports of high draft picks (7-10) that we keep hearing...

I agree. Mangini will not have another head coaching job if he blows this one. I think it would benefit the team if we traded him to fill alot of holes. Quinn will be great, but it is counter productive to have a great QB on a poor team. In maybe two years we will be competitive. DA may not be the future , but he is and will be the QB during the rebuilding stage. Even if for some dumb reason we keep Quinn, DA will still start because we would be too afraid of hurting Quinns trade value. Quinn is only trade bait.

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Sure Smith renegotiated his contract. They saved cap room this year and this year alone. He has a no trade clause unless he approves the team and his cap figure is 15 % percent more over the next two years than it would have been when he originally signed. That is why I said that SF would be too restricted over the next two years if they made the move. He has too much guarenteed money over that two year period. Read the whole post man. You don't actually think Smith took less money for the remainder of his contract to stay in SF do you? I hope you realize it is a business.

As for the Peppers situation, yes he is guaranteed 16 million this year , but he would have to sign a new long term deal which would put him at about 10 million per season if the trade went through. However , I do not agree that He would be involved in the trade. i think it would be Moore and their 2 nd round this year and first next year.

No when the 49ers restructured his contract they did so for the life of the deal, which only has two years left. They restructured the deal to lower the base salary, but left the incentives in for him to make some more money. Smart move by the 49ers because they think that they can give him the time to grow and now they dont have to pay him $10 mil in guaranteed this year. And yes I do think that he took less money to stay in SF. What team would go out and pay him to be anything besides a backup. Singletary likes him and he knows that he has a chance to play there in the future. So you have to understand that to the team its a business but to Smith it is an investment. How many people decide to stay in school and try to raise their stock to make more money next year? According to you if they are going to make any money at all they should come out now. If you are Smith why take minimal money now and maybe be out of the league soon. Or take minimal money now to play for a guy you know and likes you, with the ability to make more moeny later.

As far as Carolina I would easily say no deal to that. You want to get a second rounder this year and basically wait til next year for the real part of the Quinn trade. If we trade Quinn we need a 1st rounder for this year, not next. And yes Peppers would want to sign a long term deal, but do you think he would want to play for us? So we would get him for a year and then he would be gone. Its not like guys are saying that Cleveland is their first place to come too.

rhaas74
04-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree. Mangini will not have another head coaching job if he blows this one. I think it would benefit the team if we traded him to fill alot of holes. Quinn will be great, but it is counter productive to have a great QB on a poor team. In maybe two years we will be competitive. DA may not be the future , but he is and will be the QB during the rebuilding stage. Even if for some dumb reason we keep Quinn, DA will still start because we would be too afraid of hurting Quinns trade value. Quinn is only trade bait.

So basically you want to try to trade anyone that is actually good? This is the problem. We have guys now but you want to trade for draft picks that might be good. What is the point in drafting someone if all you want to do is trade him? This makes no sense.

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Quinn is not being traded because of talent level. Quinn is being traded because Mangina has a personal beef with anyone developed by Belicheck disciples (i.e. Weis). And it is my opinion (as you stated the purpose of this forum) that all of you are absolutely ******** for wanting to trade the future of our organization. The fans should be saying this is ridiculous, which it is. And hey if the Browns wanna give me a call I will listen :rolleyes:

Bro...you slammed me on prior post and then you back yourself up with a conspiracy theory...no cred buddy...none

Let me explain the Viking trade and there scenario...The Vikings have a sweet sefense and AP...but that is not enough to win a SuperBowl..Childress, the players, and the organization are 100% aware that Sage or TJ will not win them a divisional game, a championship, and a superbowl ...if you think so..please report to the Steelers as there new GM..The Browns need an easy 2 victories. BTW the Vikings are stacked!!! they really dont need a 1st rd pick

With that said...they have to preach and say they are behind there guys, but the fact remains...all QB options are exhausted now and the best and really only legit option is Quinn..BTW, the teams that are interested in QB's will never have leaks...becasue when your dealing with a QB it has to be hush hush...please reference Denver...it could contaminate the Viking lockeroom if it got out...basically...it says we tried to trade for BQ, becasue you couldnt get the job done (IE TJ and Sage)....but we failed...your still our guy though!!

Quinn is not the future..if he were...it would have been announced! Im not buying the well we didnt offer BQ, teams approached us about him (Why would you approach someone if they weren't for sale?). Better yet go home tell your wife you flirted with another woman but its ok because I didnt sleep with her and she came onto me...Bro the cat is out of the bag!

Please refrain from the cussing...if you dont like my posting please debate me

DAWGPOUND
04-15-2009, 03:13 PM
The Vikings have the 22 nd pick this year and could make a run at Quinn. I think that Minnesota needs a good, consistent QB to make it to the next level. Minnesota also needs a big play receiver. it would have made sense for them to land Holt, but they didn't.I think Minnesota would have to give up two first rounders for Quinn, that is what they offered last year, but they withdrew that offer last week, which tells us that the Browns have something better in the works. I think if the Vikes offered number 1 this year and next year, then the deal gets done. Its not too much to ask because of draft position. The Jets are reportedly close to completing a trade for Troy Smith from Baltimore( I do not know the specifics, but it seems unlikely to me) to compete with Clemens and Ratcliff, so I think they are out of the equation.

Berrian can stretch the field...I think they have there guy...They need a healthy Syndey Rice to be that 55/750/4 TD guy

Essex Ace
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Bro...you slammed me on prior post and then you back yourself up with a conspiracy theory...no cred buddy...none

Let me explain the Viking trade and there scenario...The Vikings have a sweet sefense and AP...but that is not enough to win a SuperBowl..Childress, the players, and the organization are 100% aware that Sage or TJ will not win them a divisional game, a championship, and a superbowl ...if you think so..please report to the Steelers as there new GM..The Browns need an easy 2 victories. BTW the Vikings are stacked!!! they really dont need a 1st rd pick

With that said...they have to preach and say they are behind there guys, but the fact remains...all QB options are exhausted now and the best and really only legit option is Quinn..BTW, the teams that are interested in QB's will never have leaks...becasue when your dealing with a QB it has to be hush hush...please reference Denver...it could contaminate the Viking lockeroom if it got out...basically...it says we tried to trade for BQ, becasue you couldnt get the job done (IE TJ and Sage)....but we failed...your still our guy though!!

Quinn is not the future..if he were...it would have been announced! Im not buying the well we didnt offer BQ, teams approached us about him (Why would you approach someone if they weren't for sale?). Better yet go home tell your wife you flirted with another woman but its ok because I didnt sleep with her and she came onto me...Bro the cat is out of the bag!

Please refrain from the cussing...if you dont like my posting please debate me

My apologies for my previous post. I am VERY frustrated the Browns are trying to trade Quinn. He will be a top 5 QB in this league wherever he ends up, mark my words. And it is stupid to trade a guy as smart, fit and capable as Quinn. I get what you are saying about the Vikings, but Childress and the Vikings were after Rosenfels last year and Childress really seems to be behind him. I am not saying trading Quinn to Minnesota is stupid, I am just saying that trading him at all is stupid.

There is no way that DA could beat out Quinn for the job, but yet Mangina is trading Quinn after saying they would both be given an equal opportunity. So by trading Quinn he is saying that DA won and the only way that could happen is if he has got something personal against Quinn. It has been said since Mangina was hired that he would have problems with Quinn simply because he was brought up by Weis on multiple sports shows. So I'm not just throwing that out there, the analysts have been saying that since he was hired. Another thing if Mangina had the best interests of the team in mind, why did he come right in and piss off Rogers basically day 1? Seems to me that this team becomes substantially worse without rogers...My point is that Mangina is out to prove that his way works and he is the boss, not to put the concerns of this franchise above all. He wants to prove he is Mangenious and more than likely we will find out in three years that he continues to be ManIdiot. While Quinn has moved on and become a perenniel Pro Bowler for someone else all because Mangina didn't like his college coach.

Lionsforlife
04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
My apologies for my previous post. I am VERY frustrated the Browns are trying to trade Quinn. He will be a top 5 QB in this league wherever he ends up, mark my words. And it is stupid to trade a guy as smart, fit and capable as Quinn. I get what you are saying about the Vikings, but Childress and the Vikings were after Rosenfels last year and Childress really seems to be behind him. I am not saying trading Quinn to Minnesota is stupid, I am just saying that trading him at all is stupid.

There is no way that DA could beat out Quinn for the job, but yet Mangina is trading Quinn after saying they would both be given an equal opportunity. So by trading Quinn he is saying that DA won and the only way that could happen is if he has got something personal against Quinn. It has been said since Mangina was hired that he would have problems with Quinn simply because he was brought up by Weis on multiple sports shows. So I'm not just throwing that out there, the analysts have been saying that since he was hired. Another thing if Mangina had the best interests of the team in mind, why did he come right in and piss off Rogers basically day 1? Seems to me that this team becomes substantially worse without rogers...My point is that Mangina is out to prove that his way works and he is the boss, not to put the concerns of this franchise above all. He wants to prove he is Mangenious and more than likely we will find out in three years that he continues to be ManIdiot. While Quinn has moved on and become a perenniel Pro Bowler for someone else all because Mangina didn't like his college coach.

I'm a lions fan here but I try to follow the Browns as much as I can. I've been a closet Browns fan for a while now.

Anyway, I can't beleive that Mangini is trying to trade Quinn because of a beef with Weiss. One, new regimes almost always means new quarterbacks. Here's a link to an article for more on that: No Regimes = New QBs (http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftnewregimes.php)

Secondly, you have two QBs with starter potential, so I see the new regime trying to get value. Most people talk like the most you would get for DA is a LOW 2nd (if lucky) or a third. If you are indifferent to which QB is your starter (which Mangini is-no ties to Quinn) wouldn't you want to trade the guy with most value? If you can get a first for Quinn but only a 3rd for DA, wouldn't you want the 1st. I know how disapponting it is not to see Quinn develop here, I remember being in Cleveland the day of the draft and watched all the reactions when he was passed on and then saw all of them when you got him. But, I think the new regime does want to build this team. It has nothing to do with an old grudge in my opinion. If it were my team, I would rather have DA, who is capable (yes, I remember last year) and an extra first, then Brady and an extra 3rd.

But, since we are talking trades, if I were GM of the Lions I would gladly take DA from you for our #65 (first third).

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah I'd let Andersen go for the 65

Essex Ace
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM

so would i

Kokasaurus
04-15-2009, 05:19 PM

Maybe my Quinn blinders are on but... Anderson, former pro-bowler, 1.5 million dollar salary, professional experience... try your 2nd rounder. If Quinn will go for a 1st +, and your LIONS are desperate for a mediocre QB (i.e. Stafford), then I don't think a 2nd is too high an offer.

mockj12
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Well, I can say I'm frustrated with the new management. I'm sure some other people are as well. We might as well call ourselves the Cleveland Jets. Jeez. What does he want? Us to be so horrible that we get moved again? It's lame. So this is my idea...

We trade for Michael Vick and Pacman Jones. Plus every other football player that has done time, and we change our name to the Cleveland Criminals!!

It seems better than what we have now! Ha Ha.

Only a joke of course, trying to lighten the mood.

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I think its safe to say we are all freaking frustated. But I was frustated before Mangini was here. He was given a broken team, so he has to do what ever it takes to fix it. Remember, 20 teams passed on Quinn before we traded back into the first. I am not saying he is bad, I think will be awesome, just not the right situation for him right now. He holds good trade value for a rebuilding team. I wish we didnt have to rebuild again, but hey, I do not own the team. I just root for them. Even if we went 0-16 (sorry lions fans) I will still root for them and I will post any info I get. No my info is not from Mangini. LOL. I think any info anyone gets should be posted.

kosar4president
04-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I just read an article on nfl.com that said we are contemplating Sanchez at number 5. If that is the case then it looks Anderson is set to start next year because Sanchez would sit for the year. I hope we get at least a top 20 for Quinn. I really thought the Lions deal would go through, but I think the closer to the draft we get the lesser the chance of it going through.

TheSnowman
04-15-2009, 11:38 PM
I would be furious if we actually drafted Mark Sanchez, aside from what I said months ago, the ability to nickname him "Dirty". I think that any rumors supporting this can only be in relation to jockeying for position. Our quarterback situation clearly is in an utter spiral, and no one can claim to know how things work out, but I think that would be the worst possible outcome (Sanchez at 5). This would mean that Quinn has been moved, the club is in a full blown-rebuild, and in this case, I would be much happier riding Andersen for a year and waiting to take a quarterback from next year's class (Bradford/McCoy..?) I'm just sayin...

bigtime1957
04-16-2009, 02:04 AM
The browns will finish with the worst record in the NFL........Thats the bad news............

The GOOD news is the coach and GM will be fired at end of season. And we only had to put up with these 2 for one year.............

TheSnowman
04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Uhh yeah I don't see that happening. Just me though...

NYJetsfan69
04-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Well the teams that need/want a QB are the 49ers (pick 10), Redskins (13), Jets (17), Broncos (12 + 18), Tampa (19), Vikes (22)

The 49ers have taken themselves out of trade contention because they don't want to offer their 1st. The skins want Sanchez. Tampa signed Leftwhich, so it wouldn't make sense to trade for Quinn. The Broncos need a lot of defensive help to implement that 3-4, so look for them to keep their picks.

That leaves the Jets and Vikes. With the Vikes already having Rosenfels and the Jets needing to sell PSLs, I have a feeling you guys will be receiving our 17th pick sometime soon. lol
Our owner wants a face of the franchise.

rhaas74
04-16-2009, 12:21 PM
If we take Sanchez we would be openly admitting to going into complete rebuild mode. How many free agents do you think want to come play for a team that they know wont be a contender for at least a few years? All we would be able to get is career backups who think they might havea chacne to start with us. On top of that how many of our own free agents do you think will want to stay. I dont mind getting value for some guys that we wont be able to retain, but Quinn's deal isn't running out at the end of the year. We need to keep Quinn to be the face of our franchise.

kosar4president
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Well the teams that need/want a QB are the 49ers (pick 10), Redskins (13), Jets (17), Broncos (12 + 18), Tampa (19), Vikes (22)

The 49ers have taken themselves out of trade contention because they don't want to offer their 1st. The skins want Sanchez. Tampa signed Leftwhich, so it wouldn't make sense to trade for Quinn. The Broncos need a lot of defensive help to implement that 3-4, so look for them to keep their picks.

That leaves the Jets and Vikes. With the Vikes already having Rosenfels and the Jets needing to sell PSLs, I have a feeling you guys will be receiving our 17th pick sometime soon. lol
Our owner wants a face of the franchise.

The 49ers are now ruled out.
The Redskins have now patched things up with JC
The Jets have a huge receiving need
Broncos out of the loop( despite what yahoo says!!!!!) they will stick with Orton and Simms for at least 2009.
Tampa Bay = No Way , Leftwich is now their man until they draft Freeman this year or Mccoy next year.
The Vikings have already backed out, remember they had two firsts on the table last year and we refused....welcome Sage to the team. Way to go Savage.
Noone is left. I mean the Lions already tipped us off to whom they will get.
My source says that the Lions were close to the trade but denied after Cleveland added in an incentive clause that would allow the browns up to a 1 st round pick next year if the Lions made the playoffs. This is one smart thing Mangini did at least. The Lions door is now shut. They have made up their mind.

kosar4president
04-17-2009, 06:22 PM
It also looks like the Browns are seriously considering signing an extension to Quinn. This may be a decoy to throw off other teams, but to me it sounds legit. The extension is worth 3 yrs/23 million with 16 million guaranteed. It has not been signed and probably won't be until after the draft. SO , if we dont trade him ,we at least have him secured through 2012.

DAWGPOUND
04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
If we take Sanchez we would be openly admitting to going into complete rebuild mode. How many free agents do you think want to come play for a team that they know wont be a contender for at least a few years? All we would be able to get is career backups who think they might havea chacne to start with us. On top of that how many of our own free agents do you think will want to stay. I dont mind getting value for some guys that we wont be able to retain, but Quinn's deal isn't running out at the end of the year. We need to keep Quinn to be the face of our franchise.

Rhaas

Sorry man...we are already in rebuilding mode..We traded K2...Braylon and Brady are openly on the block...our LB's as a unit are bad, our offensive line has holes all across the right side...Our defensive line has a sweet NT and holes everywhere else...we locked in huge money for a guy who doesnt play in the 3-4.

We should really not worry about free agency...I think that was a PS thing, but it doesn't work. Once you pay somene there millions..they seem to loose there hunger anyway...Most of the great franchises make strategic moves, but for the most part draft there way to the SuperBowl

The more it plays out...BE is gone and so is Quinn...DA will be the QB...hopefully he gets back to where he was, and if he doesn't, he was only a stop gap

I think we brought in the Mangini guys and veterans to help coach, provide leadership and stability...

I will not be suprised to see us run out 5 rookies as starters on opening day

rhaas74
04-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Rhaas

Sorry man...we are already in rebuilding mode..We traded K2...Braylon and Brady are openly on the block...our LB's as a unit are bad, our offensive line has holes all across the right side...Our defensive line has a sweet NT and holes everywhere else...we locked in huge money for a guy who doesnt play in the 3-4.

We should really not worry about free agency...I think that was a PS thing, but it doesn't work. Once you pay somene there millions..they seem to loose there hunger anyway...Most of the great franchises make strategic moves, but for the most part draft there way to the SuperBowl

The more it plays out...BE is gone and so is Quinn...DA will be the QB...hopefully he gets back to where he was, and if he doesn't, he was only a stop gap

I think we brought in the Mangini guys and veterans to help coach, provide leadership and stability...

I will not be suprised to see us run out 5 rookies as starters on opening day

I agree that we need to build through the draft but lets be honest we are not going to be able to land any free agents. Do you know how long it will take to build through the draft completely? Especially if we are trading away our only good players. I have no problem saying goodbye to Edwards and I wouldnt have a problem saying goodbye to Quinn if he was in the last year of his contract and he said he didnt want to play here anymore. But the thing is Quinn is a stand up guy who will be a stud if given the chance. So my question is why give up someone who knows the type of system you are going to be running, and exceled at doing it. All for unproven players.

DAWGPOUND
04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
The browns will finish with the worst record in the NFL........Thats the bad news............

The GOOD news is the coach and GM will be fired at end of season. And we only had to put up with these 2 for one year.............

Bigtime

I disagree...I think the regime has made some really good plays.

They traded K2..who was a cancer and we at least got a 2nd rd pick for a guy who just got 20mm guaranteed (The Browns would never pay that). Not to mention that he has aged 5 additional years with all the injuries.

They are trying to move BE...Though he is a playmaker...the guy wants 10mil a year (They would never pay that) and is more about Hollywood movies than about winning a football game in Cleveland.

They signed the older veterans to be stop gaps, provide leadership, and help the rookies along. I think from day one...BQ, BE, and K2 were out the door.

We are under the CAP...if we get good in 2 years...we can make strategic plays to bolster the team...

Free agency should not be used as a crutch but rather a way to bolster or add a strategic part here and there...I hope these trade go down...alll of them

If they happen...I wonder what we will all be saying Monday morning on these post boards

DAWGPOUND
04-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I agree that we need to build through the draft but lets be honest we are not going to be able to land any free agents. Do you know how long it will take to build through the draft completely? Especially if we are trading away our only good players. I have no problem saying goodbye to Edwards and I wouldnt have a problem saying goodbye to Quinn if he was in the last year of his contract and he said he didnt want to play here anymore. But the thing is Quinn is a stand up guy who will be a stud if given the chance. So my question is why give up someone who knows the type of system you are going to be running, and exceled at doing it. All for unproven players.

Rhaas

I agree with you...the league and its players view the Browns as a cluster Ef. We seem to be re-inventing ourselves every 3 years and it sucks...and I get so mad that come November 1st, my fantasy league takes presedence.

I do not know how to view Quinn..I live in Columbus and he was in the gay district (not just bars, but there living area) one night slanderring there sexual choices...this is not the mark of a truly classy individual...A true leader makes the choice not to be in those places as it relates to his personal opinions.

He also got punched by a back up DE (Shaun Smith)..My opinion on Quinn is one that lacks leadership and pompous in nature. Just because you say the right things...doesn't mean you are a leader....

If some back up DE punched Tom Brady or Peyton Manning...there would have been one less person on the roster the next day...I am not saying he deserved it (nobody does), but it seemed to go away really quickly without punishment.

To answer your direct question (which by the way is a great point), I say, I do not know...but it obvious the team does not stand behind him and because this is the leadership we have been assigned with...we have to follow

theBROWNguy
04-18-2009, 03:56 AM
heres who i see or maybe wish how the rest of our offseason plays out starting with the draft......

5th pick- Crabtree
7th pick- Mauluagu ( we get this pick from the raiders for mr. siccorhands, it wont be announced till the draft so the other teams dont know who we like. i think thats all the raiders will give up )
12th pick- Beanie Wells ( we get this pick from the broncos for BQ, again i think thats all we get for him )
2nd rounders - Mathews jr and Alex Mack C or maybe patrick Chung SS.

alot of this is wishfull thinking but i have heard alot about the raiders and BE, you know how al davis loves recievers and exprobowlers. i still think the broncos need and want BQ. they are looking at Sanchez but at this point hes not worth trading up for and paying all those millions to.

i can tell by kokinis interview he likes crabtree and mauluaga, the best 2 players in this draft for off and def. real GAMEBREAKERS, thats what we need. we start the biuld aroud these 2.

i can also see this happening......BRETT FAVRE comes out of retirement and the jets are forced to cut him due to salary and the fact that coach ryan dont want him. we sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal and see if DA can learn from him, after bretts gone we see what DA learned.

cle12152433
04-18-2009, 10:56 AM
i can also see this happening......BRETT FAVRE comes out of retirement and the jets are forced to cut him due to salary and the fact that coach ryan dont want him. we sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal and see if DA can learn from him, after bretts gone we see what DA learned.

Oh god don't say that. I won't happen, but please don't even think it.

kosar4president
04-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh god don't say that. I won't happen, but please don't even think it.

The Jets would ask for a trade. Bretts career as a player is over, but he may be coaching after contract with Jets expire.

TheSnowman
04-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah theres ZERO chance of that. If he's going to be one anyone's sideline teaching a QB don't you think the Jets would want it to be theirs..? They have no qb to go on right now, I think cutting him would not be their course of action...

kosar4president
04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
This is of subject, but can anyone help me with a signature.

theBROWNguy
04-18-2009, 09:08 PM
you know what favres like, i heard a few weeks back mangini was alking to him about coming to training camp and off season works etc etc to help coach the qbs.....i can see Farve getting the ich and pulling the old " i didnt really want to retire " act. i aslo heard the jets new coach didnt even call or talk to him about coming back this season, i think brett didnt feel the love from the jets this offseason.

mangini really likes him and i bet if he was still with the jets farve would be back this season. dont get me wrong i am not a fan of this happening. i love the browns and will go for anything that will make us better.

TheRedMarauder
04-20-2009, 12:45 PM
One league executive told the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he hadn't heard much about the possibility of a Brady Quinn trade recently.

There was a report a week ago that the Browns had a first-round pick on the table for Quinn. If the report was true, it's hard to imagine that they wouldn't have pulled the trigger by now. Quinn may still be traded, but that report also could've been misinformation spread by the Browns.

rotoworld

Stonevision
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
I think any trade involving eithe Quinn or Edwards will not be announced until the draft is already in progress. For all we know, there could be deals already completed in principle. It all depends on who they select at #5.

TheSnowman
04-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Yep. This week, just like last, will just be all speculation on here, so now's our chance to just sit back, wait, and see what happens. I'm just disappointed that the draft doesn't start until 4 this year, I always look forward to getting drunk early in the day this time every year.

kosar4president
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I think any trade involving eithe Quinn or Edwards will not be announced until the draft is already in progress. For all we know, there could be deals already completed in principle. It all depends on who they select at #5.

Great point. T wouldn't say that all of these scenarios will happen. It's like house hunting , don't buy the first one right away. I think the Browns are waiting to see which deal is the best. To determine which deal is the best, you have to wait and see who is available at number 5. I am split 50/50 on Quinn from what I have been told. If he goes, it looks like it would be to Denver . That is the info that I received this morning.If you are wondering why I didnt say the Jets, its because they are interested in trading a late first day pick for DA. They are not interested in trading out of the first round. BE , I am 99% sure he is gone. I am pretty confident it will be to the G men. It looks like a 1st, 3rd, and 6th. Do not count out the possibility of Oakland making a strong run though at BE. You can count the Jags out now with the signing og Holt.

kosar4president
04-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Yep. This week, just like last, will just be all speculation on here, so now's our chance to just sit back, wait, and see what happens. I'm just disappointed that the draft doesn't start until 4 this year, I always look forward to getting drunk early in the day this time every year.

LOL!!! At least wait until we pick number before you start drinking. Nevermind , just start now.

cle12152433
04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Nevermind , just start now.

With all the false rumors and reports we will no doubt hear this week, it probably isnt a bad idea.

theBROWNguy
04-20-2009, 10:38 PM
LOL!!! At least wait until we pick number before you start drinking. Nevermind , just start now.

i started about a month ago when they were saying Sean Rogers was asking to get out of Clev.......

Rockets&Browns
04-21-2009, 03:26 AM
i started about a month ago when they were saying Sean Rogers was asking to get out of Clev.......

Yeah atleast that situation is resolved! Wish ManKok would've pushed harder to keep Sean Jones though. That hurt my feelings a little too much especially when I seen what he got. Whether we draft a Safety or not we should look at Williams or Brown as a stop-gap til next year!

cle12152433
04-21-2009, 09:38 AM
no reason n particular, but I cant find anything to post about and I want my 400th post. yay me.

rhaas74
04-21-2009, 10:57 AM
no reason n particular, but I cant find anything to post about and I want my 400th post. yay me.

Haha congrats on the 400th

kosar4president
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Man, someone please help me find some info on this newest rumor. My buddy heard this on a Washington radio station earlier this afternoon that Dan Snyder was offering Jason Campbell and a conditional next year for Quinn. I hope that this is a joke. If you find any info on this , please post.

TheRedMarauder
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
The 49ers have had "none, zero, nada" discussions with the Browns about Brady Quinn's availability, according to Niners GM Scot McCloughan.

The 49ers said last week that they weren't the "mystery team" with a first rounder on the table for Quinn, so this isn't surprising. We're still trying to figure who that team is. The report came from the National Football Post.

rotoworld

rhaas74
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I really do not think there was a 1st on the table. I believe that this was a smokescreen to try and get the value to go up on him. I do not think that they would want to trade him unless they were getting a high return on him.

TheSnowman
04-23-2009, 12:21 AM
..or we told people we had a good offer so they'd think we're going after a QB with the 5 pick so we have an attempt to trade down. Lot of misinformation going around I'm glad the drafts in 2 days

TheRedMarauder
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
NFL Draft Scout's Rob Rang says he's heard that the Jets may be among the teams interested in Brady Quinn.

Dealing for Quinn could be a fallback plan if the Jets can't trade up for Mark Sanchez. Still, Quinn is even more unproven than Kellen Clemens. Quinn has more physical ability, but would likely take the 17th overall pick to acquire.

rotoworld

kosar4president
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Teams interested in Quinn and the rumored offers:

NYJ- Clemens and a 3rd round
DET- pick number 33
DEN- pick 18 ( This one seems logical on both sides if the Broncos can't use 12 and 18 to trade up and grab Sanchez)
MIN-two first rounders last yeat were offered, this year they are not considering even a first. Rumors has C.Taylor and a 5th. NO WAY!!!
S.F.- even though they have denied it, they are in the hunt, if they do trade it would be a 3rd and Battle I believe.
CAR- No, not for Peppers, that makes too much sense. Carolina would have to send Rosario and a 2nd or Muhammed and a 4th

TheRedMarauder
04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
CBS Sports' Rob Rang reports that Derek Anderson remains on the trade block and the Browns plan to deal either him or Brady Quinn this weekend.

There is mounting speculation that if Mark Sanchez falls to No. 5 the Browns will deal Quinn or Anderson to the Jets. Rang also suggests that Quinn could be traded to Denver, although that's seemingly a less likely scenario.

The Jets appear to be the team "most interested" in trading for Brady Quinn, according to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Another potential landing spot for Quinn is Tampa, while Jason Campbell is considered a possibility for the Vikings. The Browns are expected to deal Quinn or Derek Anderson Saturday if Mark Sanchez falls to them at No. 5.

rotoworld

MagicBucsSox
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
we need brady here in tampa

Essex Ace
04-23-2009, 07:30 PM
It is so ******** to give up on Quinn and take Sanchez. It would set this franchise back greatly.

kosar4president
04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
It is so ******** to give up on Quinn and take Sanchez. It would set this franchise back greatly.

Man, you and I have not agreed on alot, but we agree on this. Quinn has two years of learning , why would we waste a pick on a new QB when we have so many other needs.

Essex Ace
04-23-2009, 08:14 PM
I am glad you agree (and at least when we disagree we do it respectively and don't go crazy on each other). Quinn is a better version of Sanchez now (West Coast Offense, game manager) and always will be. And as you said, we have much more pressing needs.

Rockets&Browns
04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I am glad you agree (and at least when we disagree we do it respectively and don't go crazy on each other). Quinn is a better version of Sanchez now (West Coast Offense, game manager) and always will be. And as you said, we have much more pressing needs.

I agree with both of you guys but I do think that if Sanchez falls to #5 we'll pick him with no questions asked, but with trades on the table for him with teams that want him. I could see Washington trading up for him and we'd probably give our 4th with the pick and take their 3rd and Campbell then trade Quinn to the Jets for their 1st and a 3rd or 4th and Clemens. Then trading DA to SF for their 2nd. Can see a lot of crazy things happening this weekend but I feel pretty sure Quinn won't be a Brown just because ManGina is spiteful and stupid. 1 more day ready for it to come. Won't be able to see much of the draft though. Someone's gonna have to keep me updated.

It's my daughter's 6th birthday parties! Yes 2 lucky her!

theBROWNguy
04-24-2009, 01:44 AM
Man, you and I have not agreed on alot, but we agree on this. Quinn has two years of learning , why would we waste a pick on a new QB when we have so many other needs.

i disagree with both of you. all this means it that we traded down out of the 5th pick and have a better QB with Sanchez than BQ. you may disagree about talent but i think Sanchez has way more upside the Quinn. we have DA who no one wants and we can start for the next year or 2 till Sanchez is ready to go. we can still get a really good def player later in the first round like one of the USC linebackers.

i have changed my mind about 6 times in the last 10 days. Curry, Raji, Rey, Crabtree, Raji, Sanchez............i want it to be over but it sure is fun.

vtgriff09
04-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Quinn is NOT a bust.....Sanchez has potential bust written all over him (or he could be great). Do you realize how far back you could set the Browns franchise if you draft Sanchez with your first pick (pay him much more than Quinn) and he turns out to be a bust? The Browns would officially be the dumbest franchise ever if they draft Sanchez. You have a capable guy, you need defensive help......you absolutely do NOT draft Sanchez. You keep Quinn and BA.....you draft Orakpo....get a wr 2nd rd and a TE like James Casey in the 3rd and you would have a successful draft if you pick up more defense and an o-lineman from that point on

kosar4president
04-24-2009, 08:26 AM

Definately, Quinn is a better version of Sanchez. I am not sure of why all the info comes across about Quinn. I believe we keep him and the rumors are because of the whole Weiss Belichick connection. Browns fans are the best in the world. Will anyone be blogging on here as the draft happens?

kosar4president
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
i disagree with both of you. all this means it that we traded down out of the 5th pick and have a better QB with Sanchez than BQ. you may disagree about talent but i think Sanchez has way more upside the Quinn. we have DA who no one wants and we can start for the next year or 2 till Sanchez is ready to go. we can still get a really good def player later in the first round like one of the USC linebackers.

i have changed my mind about 6 times in the last 10 days. Curry, Raji, Rey, Crabtree, Raji, Sanchez............i want it to be over but it sure is fun.

I do disagree, but I have changed my mind a few times. It is fun to anticipate the pick and really the whole draft. I just think Quinn is a better field general. We will see what happens.

LCAKG679
04-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I like the rumor of Detroit passing on Stafford, and taking Curry or an OL, and then trading their early second round pick for DA. We could then draft LB/DE or OL with the 5th, and a WR and C in the second round. If Braylon is traded maybe we can use that pick for a LB or safety.
As Todd McShay on ESPN and Mel Kiper were talking about Sanchez to the Browns both agreed the Quinn is better right now and there is some questions/uncertainties about Sanchz due to his limited college resume. I would give Quinn at least half a season to see how good he is unless we are absolutely blown away with an offer. Next year might be an even better/deeper year to draft a qb.

theBROWNguy
04-25-2009, 03:07 AM
I do disagree, but I have changed my mind a few times. It is fun to anticipate the pick and really the whole draft. I just think Quinn is a better field general. We will see what happens.

i dont mean to be an *** or offend you but Quinn hasnt done jack **** yet. not in the NFL or playing at Notre Dame. how is he better? i would say they are atleast level or Quinn may have a slight edge cause he has some NFL exp. Sanchez i feel has a hell of alot more upside. Brady has no arm strength what so ever thats probably why K2 loved him cause he always knew that Brady would rather throw the shorty to him and that was K2s specialty, i bet BE would prefer DA throwin to him.

Quinn is a cleveland kid and thats why most people are so high on him and ya it would be nice if he stuck around and turned out to be one of the best, or a STUD like i here so many people call him. but what we all need to remember that this is a new regime and new regimes usually like to bring in their own guys and get rid of the prevoius crews players, this happens in just about every sport. why would Mangini risk his job on guys or a guy he never drafted or maybe even would have never drafted. if he gets Sanchez he is getting his guy into the teams most important position.

or every thing i just said here was wrong and if we draft Sanchez we flip him for more picks.

if we do draft him its going to be an interesting time right after to see if its him or BQ that gets traded......

kosar4president
04-25-2009, 10:43 AM
i dont mean to be an *** or offend you but Quinn hasnt done jack **** yet. not in the NFL or playing at Notre Dame. how is he better? i would say they are atleast level or Quinn may have a slight edge cause he has some NFL exp. Sanchez i feel has a hell of alot more upside. Brady has no arm strength what so ever thats probably why K2 loved him cause he always knew that Brady would rather throw the shorty to him and that was K2s specialty, i bet BE would prefer DA throwin to him.

Quinn is a cleveland kid and thats why most people are so high on him and ya it would be nice if he stuck around and turned out to be one of the best, or a STUD like i here so many people call him. but what we all need to remember that this is a new regime and new regimes usually like to bring in their own guys and get rid of the prevoius crews players, this happens in just about every sport. why would Mangini risk his job on guys or a guy he never drafted or maybe even would have never drafted. if he gets Sanchez he is getting his guy into the teams most important position.

or every thing i just said here was wrong and if we draft Sanchez we flip him for more picks.

if we do draft him its going to be an interesting time right after to see if its him or BQ that gets traded......

It doesn' offend me bro. My taking on this is the Denver game when Quinn put together a good decision making game. Granted it was against a poor D, but he made good decisions. He did again in Buffalo, he made good decisions. Our team was scoring points behind BQ. Also, we have to fill the seats at the stadium , which is becoming a problem in the NFL due to the economy. Having a good, hometown kid at the helms will definately fill the seats. It makes sense to give Quinn complete control this year and let him prove he belongs. If he does bad, we have alot of good QB's in the draft next year , so we could grab a more solidified rookie QB, i.e. Bradford or McCoy.

NYMetros
04-25-2009, 11:04 AM
I personally think the Browns would be making a monumental mistake by trading Quinn. He's the real deal.

TheSnowman
04-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Agreed.

TheRedMarauder
04-25-2009, 12:46 PM
The Browns are increasingly unlikely to trade Brady Quinn, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

Smith, who knows Eric Mangini well from their New England days, says the Browns want competition at QB. Quinn is cheap, 24, and has a handle on Cleveland's new offense after playing in a similar scheme for Charlie Weis. He's also a local favorite. We're not sure why Mangini would try trading him.

rotoworld

IndiansFan337
04-25-2009, 02:45 PM
The Browns are increasingly unlikely to trade Brady Quinn, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

Smith, who knows Eric Mangini well from their New England days, says the Browns want competition at QB. Quinn is cheap, 24, and has a handle on Cleveland's new offense after playing in a similar scheme for Charlie Weis. He's also a local favorite. We're not sure why Mangini would try trading him.

rotoworld

We will trade him if any team offers a 1st rounder.

With that being said, it'd be foolish for anyone to offer a 1st rounder that is above #20 for him.

kosar4president
04-25-2009, 03:25 PM

rotoworld

He is only cheap up until he plays 74% of the snaps this year.Once he hits 75% of the snaps, he is owed an 11 million incentive bonus.

Essex Ace
04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
He is only cheap up until he plays 74% of the snaps this year.Once he hits 75% of the snaps, he is owed an 11 million incentive bonus.

I don't see how that would be a bad thing though. Because if Brady gets 75% of the snaps that means he is doing well, which in turn means the Browns are at least not awful. So, it's fine by me.

cle12152433
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't see how that would be a bad thing though. Because if Brady gets 75% of the snaps that means he is doing well, which in turn means the Browns are at least not awful. So, it's fine by me.

Not necessarily, even if we trade DA. Brett Ratliff doesn't get us alot of options, but i would be kinda excited if we trade Derek b/c we could get a third and use that pick on Shonn Greene or Asher Allen and use one of our picks on Chase Daniel or Graham Harrell, bot of whom i like.