PDA

View Full Version : What now for the Phoenix Suns?

JordansBulls
04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
What do they need to do this offseason?

Do they need to just build around Amare now or just essentially make everyone available and start over?

abe_froman
04-12-2009, 03:08 PM
i say start over(its in the best interest of my team if amare is on the table)

VCaintdead17
04-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Completely blow the team up, and deal Amare while he still has alot of value.

sdweston757
04-12-2009, 03:13 PM
deal nash to nyk, deal amare to wherever

start over

thephoenixson28
04-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Trade j-rich to utah for AK-47 trade shaq for ben wallace and pavlovich and give hill,barnes, nash, amare all new contracts

Nash,dragic
Hill,barbosa,tucker
Kirelinko, barnes,dudley
Stoudemire,amundson
Wallace,lopez

That's a lot of defense

Eagles_Guy
04-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Unbelievable they never accomplished a title with all the talent they've had.

Hawkeye15
04-12-2009, 03:24 PM
They need to move Amare while his value is high. I think they keep Shaq, and let him come off the books. I really don't see that they have much flexibility. Trading Richardson will be tough, he has a lot of years left. Barbosa has years left, I would never trade Nash, and Shaq may be unmoveable, at least until midseason, at which point, Phx is better off letting him come off the books. Kerr did a number on this team

Rome
04-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Trade j-rich to utah for AK-47 trade shaq for ben wallace and pavlovich and give hill,barnes, nash, amare all new contracts

Nash,dragic
Hill,barbosa,tucker
Kirelinko, barnes,dudley
Stoudemire,amundson
Wallace,lopez

That's a lot of defense

I kinda like it. Idk about keeping Barnes. I believe a full season of run and gun with Amare healthy will keep them top 8 in the west for sure. See if we can possibly move up in the draft and get the best available.

A lot of possibilitys to consider.

Hawkeye15
04-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Nash,dragic
Hill,barbosa,tucker
Kirelinko, barnes,dudley
Stoudemire,amundson
Wallace,lopez

That's a lot of defense

hmm. This actually makes sense for Phx, Cleveland, and Utah. Nice dude

VCaintdead17
04-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Nash,dragic
Hill,barbosa,tucker
Kirelinko, barnes,dudley
Stoudemire,amundson
Wallace,lopez

That's a lot of defense

I like it, but they could get a better defender center than wallace by dealing shaq. Maybe Chris Kaman or Camby.

EX-TREME
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
start over. they need to trade amare now

Hawkeye15
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I like it, but they could get a better defender center than wallace by dealing shaq. Maybe Chris Kaman or Camby.

I think Cleveland would take a chance though on that. Shaq would make them title favorites easily, and Phx would be taking on one year deals. It make perfect sense for both teams. Wallace is a HUGE upgrade defensively over Amare, even if he isn't the Ben Wallace of a few years ago. The Clips are not taking on Shaq. That wouldn't make sense

Hellcrooner
04-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Trade stoudamire for either an expiring and a good pick or a young gun and a good pick.

Trade Nash and shaq for expirings and youngsters or just wait the year till they expire.

Bid on wade , bosh or lebron in 10.

G-Funk
04-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Men, I feel bad for all the Suns Fans that used to talk **** to Lakers.

Hellcrooner
04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
^dont miss them too much they will be back SOON they have the perfect assets to be contending again in 2 seasons.

VCaintdead17
04-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I think Cleveland would take a chance though on that. Shaq would make them title favorites easily, and Phx would be taking on one year deals. It make perfect sense for both teams. Wallace is a HUGE upgrade defensively over Amare, even if he isn't the Ben Wallace of a few years ago. The Clips are not taking on Shaq. That wouldn't make sense

When do the Clips ever make sense bro? LMAO.

But yeah, I get what your saying, I forgot about his huge expiring.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Start over.

They need to get some youngin's and develop them.

Hustla23
04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
They definitely need to start over.

They have such a terrible mix of youth and veterans.

JordansBulls
04-12-2009, 08:39 PM
They definitely need to start over.

They have such a terrible mix of youth and veterans.

Amare to Chicago this summer for Deng and Tyrus.

Spurred1
04-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Doesn't Deng have an extensive injury history?

VCaintdead17
04-12-2009, 08:45 PM

Yay! Because who wouldnt want two underachieving forwards that are tough to fit in an offense for a consistent all star?

Nirvanaskurdt
04-12-2009, 08:51 PM
No. Keep Nash!! Keep STAT! Keep Barbosa! Keep Hill!! Trade Shaq And J-Rich :)

Shortys4711
04-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Nash,dragic
Hill,barbosa,tucker
Kirelinko, barnes,dudley
Stoudemire,amundson
Wallace,lopez

That's a lot of defense

Agreed and also keep Swift aswell. Give him a full season under this style

Shortys4711
04-12-2009, 09:10 PM
No. Keep Nash!! Keep STAT! Keep Barbosa! Keep Hill!! Trade Shaq And J-Rich :)

Bingo!!!

Hawkeye15
04-12-2009, 09:19 PM

it must be so nice to be able to be arrogant year in and year out. And you wonder why people hate the Lakers. It has nothing to do with the team. It's their fans.

Big Quett
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
hmm. This actually makes sense for Phx, Cleveland, and Utah. Nice dude

So your saying u want 2 slew foot 7 feet centers right?
I think everyone is forgetting about Big Z.. where would that leave him? I mean i know he is slow as hell but he is still a starting center IMO

ramansingh3
04-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I think you need to overhaul that entire team, but keep Nash for a year to have some life in that team.

braveniler58
04-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I think you need to overhaul that entire team, but keep Nash for a year to have some life in that team.

I don't think a complete overhaul is necessary. A lot of the pieces work just fine, we just need to swap out a few. The biggest that come to mind is Jason Richardson -- ship him elsewhere for defense (I like the AK-47 deal). I can also see us shipping Shaq somewhere else -- Mavs maybe? Not sure what for, though. As long as it's defense. We don't need to pick up offensive options, we have got PLENTY. Nash, Barbosa, Amare, Hill, Barnes (?), Dudley, Lou, etc. Robin is developing, Goran's confidence has skyrocketed lately, he's going to be a good understudy to Nash. That said, I don't see us trading Nash away. That's not happening -- we brought in Goran to study under Nash and eventually replace him whenever he retires. Nash and Goran has only had one season together, that is not enough. Giving up on Nash means we're also giving up on Dragic, and I guarantee the Suns aren't ready to do that.

As for Barnes, he's been wildly inconsistent. That's his biggest issue. I don't see us keeping him, though I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

So...

Keep:
Nash
Barbosa
Amare
Dudley
Lopez
Dragic
Hill
Tucker
Amundson

Ship out:
Shaq
J-Rich

Unsure?
Swift
Barnes

sdweston757
04-13-2009, 12:08 AM

your allowed to talk **** when u bounce a team from the playoffs year after year. lets not forget the lakers still havent won **** lately... and its funny how a phx suns thread turns into a lakers thread. its not always about you ya know

JordansBulls
04-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Doesn't Deng have an extensive injury history?

So does Amare.

Missing56&33
04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
they are starting over, they got a bunch of grandpa's, knuckleheads and unproven players on the team. Get rid of Shaq's contract and go from there.

superkegger
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM

I doubt the Bulls would do that. For one, Tyrus is finally starting to show promise right now. Secondly, Amare has the ability to walk, and if that happens, the Bulls are left empty handed.

In my opinion, they need to blow it up by letting it run its course. Meaning you retain shaq and nash for one more year, and try to trade them if there are any deals out there that actually give you young talent without taking on any bad contracts. If you can't move them in that way, let them expire and you have some nice cap space.

You deal Amare for the same kind of deal, but again, not taking on any bad contracts, while still getting something in return for his talent, even if it's not equal value.

You unload Jrich and barbosa. Neither is going to get better, neither plays D, and both are associated with the failed regime. You then just hope you get enough talent in return so that you have a young nucleus that has a future, and can add your picks to the others obtained in trades to build a good team over the next 2-3 years and be competitive again.

Basically, they need to follow the Marlins plan of action, have a fire sale, get young talent and picks, and rebuild for the future, and don't try and be good now and later, or else you end up stuck doing both while continuing to be mediocre now and later.

td0tsfinest
04-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I hear its going to be a complete blow up. They're going to look to deal Shaq in the offseason. Rumours were swirling that they wouldn't exercise Steve Nash's contract for next season.

I guess the sun wont rise in Phoneix with Nash and Shaq on the team.

thephoenixson28
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I hear its going to be a complete blow up. They're going to look to deal Shaq in the offseason. Rumours were swirling that they wouldn't exercise Steve Nash's contract for next season.

I guess the sun wont rise in Phoneix with Nash and Shaq on the team. I also heard that they are trying to extend nash and amare so that rumor might be false.

thephoenixson28
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Here is the article
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/04/12/20090412spt-suns.html

superkegger
04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Here is the article
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/04/12/20090412spt-suns.html

Interesting article. I wonder how much of it is upbeat hometown writing and how much is what is actually the reality of the situation.

thephoenixson28
04-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Interesting article. I wonder how much of it is upbeat hometown writing and how much is what is actually the reality of the situation. it also said it on hoopshype.com a while back

IBleedPurple
04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I keep Amare, get rid of Shaq, and take a good look at Nash's potential in about 2-3 years. Build through the draft/FA, and try and be a high bidder in the 2010 FA sweepstakes.

ink
04-14-2009, 01:38 PM
By all means, try anything possible to move Shaq.

thephoenixson28
04-14-2009, 01:56 PM
By all means, try anything possible to move Shaq. I have no doubt that they will move him. I hope they do that trade j-rich to utah for Ak-47 and shaq to clevland for ben wallace, and pavlovich. Then you can't say that the suns don't play defense.

Ak-47 great defender

Ben wallace- great defender

Grant hill(if he resigns) - good defender

Stoudemire- trys to be a good defender

Dudley - good going to be a great defender

Lopez- same as dudley

Amundson- good defender

Barbosa- decent defender

Nash- everyone thinks his defense is bad, which it is one on one defense that's why the weakside of ben wallace, kirilenko, or stoudemire come with the weakside help. He also takes charges and if you watch him play he at least trys to play defense and he hustles.

Pavlovich- good defender

Dragic- looks like he can be good

Barnes(if he resigns)- good defender

Gibby23
04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Keep Amare and Nash. Trade Shaq for a good young player (not all star type but solid) and a 1st round pick. Trade J Rich for draft picks and a solid Vet. Draft a PG and maybe they get lucky and get a top 3 pick and draft Thabit to put next to Amare.

PHX-SOXFAN
04-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Interesting article. I wonder how much of it is upbeat hometown writing and how much is what is actually the reality of the situation.

it's written by Paul Coro, he's easily the most reliable source for suns info. he's basically the opposite of sam smith in chicago or an internet site like getgarnett.com.

Lo Porto
04-14-2009, 02:05 PM

That's a lot of defense

I like your thinking, but I think Shaq to Utah for AK and an expiring would be a better deal for both. If Shaq wouldn't mind playing in Utah, it would be a perfect fit for him and the Jazz. That slow down offense with Shaq and Boozer would make Utah so much stronger. Phoenix would be improved with Nash, J-Rich, Hill, AK and Amare starting. AK is better at PF, can run and play better D than what the Suns have currently.

Shaq (1 year $21 million) for AK (2 years $33 million), Harpring (1 year $6.5), and Utah's 2009 2nd round pick.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I think they should start over, but the 1st person that needs to go would be:

STEVE KERR