PDA

View Full Version : Retire a jersey ?

PennyMy#1
04-11-2009, 08:22 AM
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/fanvoiceblog.html

Which jersey would you retire ?

I like the idea of Anderson's jersey. I still have his in my closet, too. He was a great guy and still is. One of our greatest players ... would be really nice as a last act in the Waterhouse to retire his or as the first act in the new Arena as the writer says.

What do you think ?

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 08:39 AM
anderson darrel and penny would be nice

rapjuicer06
04-11-2009, 09:48 AM
^^^^agreed

PennyMy#1
04-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Would love to retire Penny for sure. But, he wasn't a Magic for as long as Anderson was. And I've never been over the night and day, when we acquired him back (from NY) and then waived him the next day ...

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
how about scott skiles?

MagicBucsSox
04-11-2009, 05:53 PM
its gotta be the diesel. the most popular big possibly ever

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 06:21 PM
its gotta be the diesel. the most popular big possibly ever

i'm not sure if the fans would like to retire his jersey here.

PennyMy#1
04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
i'm not sure if the fans would like to retire his jersey here.

Yes, me too. Could be a problem. Not everybodys darling ... ;)
Scott Skiles, never thought about him ... but, should be a guy to mention.
I think, maybe the biggest problem is that, the Bulls fpr example or the Lakers, the Celtics all retired jerseys of players which weren't just important for the franchise. They were Superstars of the whole league, which Nick Anderson wasn't. But I think, looking at his stats over his years, he was just a great player for us. The first Pick the franchise ever made (1989). Stayed long with us and returned back and is still working there.

"Nick Anderson leads the Magic in number of seasons played (10), number of games played (692), total field goals (4075), total field goal attempts (8976), steals (1004), and points (10,650)."

He had THE STEAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFs16GWXT_w

I think it would just not be right to retire #32 and #25 don't.

We should definitely honor that guy by hanging his jersey in the rafters. #12 and maybe #14 will follow him :)

PennyMy#1
04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
And totally OFF-Topic but, watch this guys ! (Anderson's STEAL inculded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4ro1YdSio&NR=1

EX-TREME
04-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes, me too. Could be a problem. Not everybodys darling ... ;)
Scott Skiles, never thought about him ... but, should be a guy to mention.
I think, maybe the biggest problem is that, the Bulls fpr example or the Lakers, the Celtics all retired jerseys of players which weren't just important for the franchise. They were Superstars of the whole league, which Nick Anderson wasn't. But I think, looking at his stats over his years, he was just a great player for us. The first Pick the franchise ever made (1989). Stayed long with us and returned back and is still working there.

"Nick Anderson leads the Magic in number of seasons played (10), number of games played (692), total field goals (4075), total field goal attempts (8976), steals (1004), and points (10,650)."

He had THE STEAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFs16GWXT_w

I think it would just not be right to retire #32 and #25 don't.

We should definitely honor that guy by hanging his jersey in the rafters. #12 and maybe #14 will follow him :)

i think anderson was a underrated player who deserves to have his jersey hung up

And totally OFF-Topic but, watch this guys ! (Anderson's STEAL inculded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4ro1YdSio&NR=1

loved that moment :)

PennyMy#1
04-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes, me too.

Ah, and btw. I don't have 100 posts yet, but ... if I had, I would try to get a playoff sig ;)
Don't the Magic Users have one ?

EX-TREME
04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, me too.

Ah, and btw. I don't have 100 posts yet, but ... if I had, I would try to get a playoff sig ;)
Don't the Magic Users have one ?

i don't think so.

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Too bad I can't do those sigs ... "unwantedplayer" did that sig for you or did he post it somewhere ?

Edit: Not that I want the same, but I'm already looking for a nice one and the style of yours is awesome.

EX-TREME
04-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Too bad I can't do those sigs ... "unwantedplayer" did that sig for you or did he post it somewhere ?

Edit: Not that I want the same, but I'm already looking for a nice one and the style of yours is awesome.

thx :) he make awesome sigs. and he did post it on the showcase forum. i asked him if it was okay to borrow it. i have a couple of sigs of magic players on my computer which i found on other websites. y'all can have them if you want. :)

PennyMy#1
04-13-2009, 09:36 AM
That would be really nice ! Thanks for that ! Now, I just need to quickly spam myself straight to the 100th :laugh:

EX-TREME
04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
That would be really nice ! Thanks for that ! Now, I just need to quickly spam myself straight to the 100th :laugh:

well i did that lmao