PDA

View Full Version : Will Houston make it out of Round 1?

shep33
04-11-2009, 04:51 AM
I dunno, they play the hornets right now as it is. I don't see them making it, just because they can't score enough. I can't even remember the last time they won a series? Hakeem and Clyde? What do you think? Out in round 1 again?

Becks2307
04-11-2009, 04:53 AM
if they play the hornets they'll win...lol at t-mac that will suckkkk

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 04:53 AM
Nope.

shep33
04-11-2009, 04:58 AM
I don't think Yao has ever made it out of Round 1 either.

fredv
04-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Teams Houston can beat: Denver, New Orleans, Portland, Dallas, San Antonio

Teams Houston can't beat: Los Angeles

Teams Houston can beat BUT would lose to: Utah

There you go, so if Houston avoids LA (which is pretty much done) and UTAH, they will get out of the first round!

Becks2307
04-11-2009, 05:12 AM
If tyson chandler is playing then the Hornets may have a chance w/o tyson...Rockets in 6

ggg
04-11-2009, 05:39 AM
not against the spurs and jazz.

EX-TREME
04-11-2009, 08:01 AM
yes they will

theimortalone
04-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Nope! :no:

UK Bull
04-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah because T-Mac aint playing

dolfan720
04-11-2009, 10:51 AM
teams houston can beat: Denver, new orleans, portland, dallas, san antonio

teams houston can't beat: Los angeles

teams houston can beat but would lose to: Utah

there you go, so if houston avoids la (which is pretty much done) and utah, they will get out of the first round!

exactly!

astrosmaniac
04-11-2009, 10:53 AM
I dunno, they play the hornets right now as it is. I don't see them making it, just because they can't score enough. I can't even remember the last time they won a series? Hakeem and Clyde? What do you think? Out in round 1 again?

this is a common misconception about the rockets. they aren't like most teams. they dont need to score 100+ points to win. they are a team built on defense. the scoring was a problem under JVG, but since adleman has taken over, their scoring average has jumped significantly while their defense is relatively the same (or better since adding artest)

but to answer the question, houston can beat any team except LA or Utah. they have the talent to beat utah, but its all in their heads. NO, Portland, or dallas would be easy victories. SA hasnt looked the same since they learned manu is out for the playoffs, so i think we could beat them. that only leaves denver. i could easily see them beating denver, but they wouldnt play till the second round so what difference does it make right now.

brandt
04-11-2009, 01:46 PM

Yes they will make it past the first round! It's funny that you say they can't seem to score enough, when they just scored 115 points against the Kings 2 nights ago IN Sacramento, and then scored 113 points against Golden State the very next night IN Golden State. They beat GS without Yao and McGrady and still had 113 points. Those may not be the best teams in the world, but I think that proves you wrong.

Houston is a differen't team this year. They actually have Yao healthy, and don't have McGrady which is a plus. They now have Artest who they didn't have last year, and a couple of other key players who most people probably haven't even heard of. AND they got rid of Rafer Alston thank God. I think we've only lost like 5 games since we got rid of him. More than likely if Houston has Home court advantage which most of the time they never had before getting knocked out of the first round all of those times, then they should have a pretty good chance on moving to the second round

For your information the Rockets are ahead in the New Orleans/Rockets series this year 2 to 1. The Rockets have won 1 at home and 1 away in New Orleans. They play eachother again Monday. With the way Rockets have played them, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them in the playoffs.

shep33
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes they will make it past the first round! It's funny that you say they can't seem to score enough, when they just scored 115 points against the Kings 2 nights ago IN Sacramento, and then scored 113 points against Golden State the very next night IN Golden State. They beat GS without Yao and McGrady and still had 113 points. Those may not be the best teams in the world, but I think that proves you wrong.

Houston is a differen't team this year. They actually have Yao healthy, and don't have McGrady which is a plus. They now have Artest who they didn't have last year, and a couple of other key players who most people probably haven't even heard of. AND they got rid of Rafer Alston thank God. I think we've only lost like 5 games since we got rid of him. More than likely if Houston has Home court advantage which most of the time they never had before getting knocked out of the first round all of those times, then they should have a pretty good chance on moving to the second round

For your information the Rockets are ahead in the New Orleans/Rockets series this year 2 to 1. The Rockets have won 1 at home and 1 away in New Orleans. They play eachother again Monday. With the way Rockets have played them, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them in the playoffs.

Hah, i think I can score 110+ vs Golden State and Sacramento. Don't get me wrong I think they're solid on D, but they don't have that one guy that can score when they need it. If Chandler's playing I think he'll do a decent job on Yao too, so where are the points gonna come from? You know CP3 is gonna account for at least 44 pts (points + assists) alone, and NO is decent on D. I mean they got Butler, Chandler, Posey, and CP3 is also great on D. I think if the Rockets somehow pulled off that VC trade, it woulda definitely helped them out.

lorenz00
04-11-2009, 02:31 PM
nah i dont see them coming out of first round.... they cant beat Hornets,Blazers ,Nuggets, or who ever they faces in the west

sep11ie
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM
not against the spurs and jazz.

They'll beat the Spurs or the Jazz. Houston will be in the WCF

Fins4Life
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
not if they play my blazers

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't see them beating NO.......I just don't. Paul would crush Brooks in a series.

goku
04-11-2009, 03:01 PM
nah i dont see them coming out of first round.... they cant beat Hornets,Blazers ,Nuggets, or who ever they faces in the west

we beat the hornets without yao in new orleans paul had like 29 and 11 hornets are a overrated team to me we beat denver 3-1 in season series it would be a interesting series and portland cant win on our court so would this one

JordansBulls
04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
not if they play my blazers

That would be the best possible 1st round series.

goku
04-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Hah, i think I can score 110+ vs Golden State and Sacramento. Don't get me wrong I think they're solid on D, but they don't have that one guy that can score when they need it. If Chandler's playing I think he'll do a decent job on Yao too, so where are the points gonna come from? You know CP3 is gonna account for at least 44 pts (points + assists) alone, and NO is decent on D. I mean they got Butler, Chandler, Posey, and CP3 is also great on D. I think if the Rockets somehow pulled off that VC trade, it woulda definitely helped them out.

yao always has agood game against the hornets including tyson chandler

goku
04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
we will just have to see next week how everything plays out

superkegger
04-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I think they have a good chance at it this year. But I think they'll come up short again.

skinsfan4life80
04-11-2009, 03:26 PM
i have never cheered for the Rockets before, but after hearing Tracy throw his teammates under the bus, i would love to see them win a series or two with out him..make him look even dumber then he already does.

Kabowdos
04-11-2009, 04:02 PM
I hope they win a series without T-Mac just to prove that he is not that good.

Lakers are the big time favorite to win the West. I think that is obvious and to argue that would be stupid.

fredo832
04-11-2009, 04:06 PM
The Rockets willl make it out the first round as long as they have HCA. I will laugh at TMACAtrica face and pray for the team to get rid of his drama self. An they can beat the Hornets even if they have Tyson Chandler and Brooks might not be able to keep up with CP3 but Battier can. As for the Blazers we own them espically if we get HCA but I would prefer to play the Blazers just cause I look at it as a even matchup. I wouldnt mind Spurs or Mavericks either caue we can matchup against them as well. No comment on Lakers and Jazz.

IversonIsKrazy
04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
i c them finishing anywhere from 3rd to 5th. So they can be playing any of these teams:

Mavs: A close game 7 win for the rockets.
Jazz: Another win for the jazz over the rockets.
Hornets: CP3 can outcore the Rockets lol, but Hornets would sting the Rockets in 6.
Spurs: Not sure, w/ Manu out, but i still c Spurs being the Spurs and winning.
Blazers: The young talent would beat the old and winless rockets.

So the only team the rockets can really beat, r the Mavs, and thas still a MAYBE.

Spurred1
04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
They have a great shot at it this year. If they don't do it this year, then they're going to have to sit down and figure out what the hell it will take. They've got enough offense and defense this year to get it done. Unless they get the Jazz yet again...

astrosmaniac
04-11-2009, 11:47 PM
i c them finishing anywhere from 3rd to 5th. So they can be playing any of these teams:

Hornets: CP3 can outcore the Rockets lol, but Hornets would sting the Rockets in 6.

So the only team the rockets can really beat, r the Mavs, and thas still a MAYBE.

yes because the rockets have won the season series against all those teams except the jazz (both teams won both meetings on their home courts) and the spurs (maybe, im not sure, i have to look it up) they will magically lose to them in the playoffs? the hornets are the lakers of a few years ago when they were one and dones. youve got a superstar and no one else. let that star go berserk and shut everyone else down. not that hard. the blazers? the only win they got against the rockets was that miracle shot from way down town where the clock wasnt even started at the right time. jazz i dont want to see cause its a mental thing with this team, the spurs are also tough, but since they learned that manu is out for the playoffs they just seem not as tough. on the mavs, chuck hayes for some reason gives dirk fits all the time and im not scared of them at all

shep33
04-12-2009, 12:27 AM
yes because the rockets have won the season series against all those teams except the jazz (both teams won both meetings on their home courts) and the spurs (maybe, im not sure, i have to look it up) they will magically lose to them in the playoffs? the hornets are the lakers of a few years ago when they were one and dones. youve got a superstar and no one else. let that star go berserk and shut everyone else down. not that hard. the blazers? the only win they got against the rockets was that miracle shot from way down town where the clock wasnt even started at the right time. jazz i dont want to see cause its a mental thing with this team, the spurs are also tough, but since they learned that manu is out for the playoffs they just seem not as tough. on the mavs, chuck hayes for some reason gives dirk fits all the time and im not scared of them at all

That was the regular season though, playoffs is a whole different ballgame. Give CP3 a 7 game series and I'm sure he'll find the hole's in Houston's defense. San Antonio is much better in the playoffs too. They cruise through the season, then turn it on in April. If they play a healthy Jazz team, that'll still be tough b/c Utah isn't losing at home and will only need 1 on the road. Best shot would be against Dallas I think, but even so I could see that going to 7.

goku
04-12-2009, 12:31 AM

rockets beat the hornets without yao in new orleans paul had 29-11
all you have to do is let him score and lockdown the rest and its over

spurs would be tough even without manu but we could beat them

mavs would be fun i think we can be them though since the are a jumpshooting team

jazz would beat they for some reason have our number but that match-up is unlikely

portland just cant win in our arena we could beat them

its really a toss up 2-7 they could beat each other

astrosmaniac
04-12-2009, 10:00 AM
That was the regular season though, playoffs is a whole different ballgame. Give CP3 a 7 game series and I'm sure he'll find the hole's in Houston's defense. San Antonio is much better in the playoffs too. They cruise through the season, then turn it on in April. If they play a healthy Jazz team, that'll still be tough b/c Utah isn't losing at home and will only need 1 on the road. Best shot would be against Dallas I think, but even so I could see that going to 7.

1) CP3 cant do it alone, thats why this team has dropped off. this hornets team is LA circa 2005/2006, and kobe then> CP3 now. the hornets are one and done

2) thats an LA team with a healthy duncan and manu. manu is out and duncan is not at 100%

3) i said i didnt want to play utah. with them its all mental

Bosh=nextKG
04-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I was a big tmac fan, I guess I still support him and sadly this proves that he is cursed, he can't get out of the 1st round because the Rockets will get out of the first round this year without him.

fredv
04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I was a big tmac fan, I guess I still support him and sadly this proves that he is cursed, he can't get out of the 1st round because the Rockets will get out of the first round this year without him.

Who's the girl in your sig? :D

scruffmacgruff
04-12-2009, 04:11 PM
***** *** ***** kill this 1st round ******** hell atleast they can get there instead of just being a lottery bound team evry year

agobbi17
04-13-2009, 01:36 AM
the Rockets can beat the Spurs, Blazers, Nuggets, Mavericks, Hornets and possibly the Utah Jazz. I would rather them not play the Lakers, Jazz or the Spurs due to lack of our superstar Tmac. There best bet is to play the Blazers or Hornets. Don't take this Rockets team easy, they're going to be playing the most inspirded basketball since the 90's with there new young guns Aaron Brooks, Von Wafer, Carl Landry and Louis Scola. With the addition of Ron Artest's Defense and Yao Ming's dominate inside game, this team will get out of the first round. Von Wafer is a future all-star, i said it.

GO ROCKETS

Clutch6
04-13-2009, 02:09 AM
I dont see them beating the hornets, not enough depth, and they cant score with them....

Clutch6
04-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Tmac added more scoring, but he certainly isnt an answer to their scoring issues, they actually seem to be better without him anyway

horry1ur
04-13-2009, 02:22 AM
I can actually see them in the WCF..But they will not beat the Lakers(if they make it that far)

Rhino
04-13-2009, 02:37 AM
I won't believe it until they finally do it, really it all depends on the health of Yao.

Nikolishin
04-13-2009, 03:28 AM
nope curse of tmac

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 03:31 AM
yea no they won't, get rid of TMAC then maybe. but if he is on the team even if he is hurt unlucky guy right there. What is the status on Yao, he got hurt, is coming back in the reg season or what.

JMedrano2006
04-13-2009, 05:19 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY we finish 8th, so we avoid Kobe and Co., basically were set to whoop up on whoever, although home court would help, gotta love the RED ROWDIES!!!!

astrosmaniac
04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
I dont see them beating the hornets, not enough depth, and they cant score with them....
lmao, the rockets have one of the deepest teams in the league. when you've got lowry, wafer, landry, barry, and then either deke or hayes coming off the bench for defense, your pretty deep. the hornets have posey off the bnch and then what else? nothing. they dont score that much and they arent that good on D. rockets are great on d and pretty close to them on offense

yea no they won't, get rid of TMAC then maybe. but if he is on the team even if he is hurt unlucky guy right there. What is the status on Yao, he got hurt, is coming back in the reg season or what.

so because the guy hasn't even been with the team in the last month, hes the reason they wont win? :confused:

plus there are conflicting reports on yao. its been confirmed that yao was given the warriors game off for rest, but some say they will give him the last 2 games off just to rest.

enitialdee
04-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Please continue on doubting the rockets.. Roxs are gonna do a lot of damage in playoff. They're going to drop whoever they face in the 1st and 2nd. Lakers and rockets is going to be a hard fougth series, but lakers come up on top, cause they are the freaking lakers. Lakers meet king james in the final, where king james wins the big one.. That is how its going to go down.

agobbi17
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
nope curse of tmac

Tmac is out for the season....durka durka

enitialdee
04-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Blazer, hornets, mavericks, nuggets, spurs fans. If your team meet the rockets, in the 1st or 2nd, your team will get eliminated. THE END..

Where's KG?
04-13-2009, 02:08 PM
dont think so

enitialdee
04-13-2009, 02:23 PM
dont think so
Well a lot folks was for sure rockets would miss the playoff, when tmac ***** out. Look what happen, they gonna finish the season, with a high seed and hca.

Tblaze
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
We'll see how they do in the playoffs, atleast they're not overrated this time, which might actually benefit them.

bahama0811
04-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't think so but they could surprise us.

laker1000
04-13-2009, 05:32 PM
nope.

pippsux
04-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!

Missing56&33
04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
:pity: no

handbanana55
04-13-2009, 07:00 PM
yes they will and then a lot of cats on PSD are gonna have to eat their words

Ironman5219
04-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Houston play's good defense, and has some play makers, as long as Artest doesn't implode, i'd give them a shot against anyone.

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
i've just read through some replies. i have to respect all opinions, but to say the rockets can't get past the first round this year is ridiculous. 2 games left against NO and Dallas... here's our regular season series against the western playoff teams wins to losses.... POR (2-1) UT (2-2) NO (2-1) SA (2-2) LA (0-4) DEN (3-1) DAL (2-1) OVERALL: 13-11 not bad for how strong the west is. Can ya'll please stop hating on the rockets. just because your ________ can't make the playoffs show some respect to a young team that has worked so well together this season. I'll speak for my fellow ROCKETS fans and say, "See Ya'll in the 2nd Round"

JordansBulls
04-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Blazer, hornets, mavericks, nuggets, spurs fans. If your team meet the rockets, in the 1st or 2nd, your team will get eliminated. THE END..

They could just as easily beat those teams as well.

enitialdee
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
That's what I meant, the rocket can beat any of those team in the playoff, 1st and 2nd round..

kingadrock
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
on crack? just noting the suggestion....

kingadrock
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
houston needs to check heart before playoff. only reason they won was mj took time off. no playoff fun for the comets/rockets???

kingadrock
04-13-2009, 10:01 PM
d rose is for real

astrosmaniac
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
d rose is for real

and that has to do with the rockets playoff chances because....? stop being a homer who lives in the past

also to the guy who was saying the hornets would win cause CP3 would go off and the rockets cant score enough, they are up by 20 with 4:30 left in the 3rd and CP3 has 9 points

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:08 PM
and that has to do with the rockets playoff chances because....? stop being a homer who lives in the past

also to the guy who was saying the hornets would win cause CP3 would go off and the rockets cant score enough, they are up by 20 with 4:30 left in the 3rd and CP3 has 9 points

DUDE STFU, we don't have Chandler. We'd win if we did, you really don't know what he does for our team. And don't even bring up if we had TMAC because he'd take too many shots and take minutes away from Battier and you'd be worse. We aren't deep enough for Chandler to not play, see how many rebounds your getting??

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 10:10 PM

i'm watching the game myself. yeah this douche comes in talking about the bulls....in a rockets thread. the only reason i pay attention to derrick rose is because he's on my fantasy team. other than that ::yawn::

agobbi17
04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
DUDE STFU, we don't have Chandler. We'd win if we did, you really don't know what he does for our team. And don't even bring up if we had TMAC because he'd take too many shots and take minutes away from Battier and you'd be worse. We aren't deep enough for Chandler to not play, see how many rebounds your getting??

Chandler is not your difference maker dude.

Your Hornets are gettin worked on. Did you see that dunk by Ron Ron?

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM

I know I never said that though, I said you guys don't know what he does for the Hornets. We would have more rebounds then we do right now. Yao won't score as much. When he came back from his injury after the all star break he beasted and so did we, we went on a 7 game winning streak. What im saying is if Chandler wasn't injured we'd would have a much better record. We lost today im pissed as **** but you still won't do anything in the playoffs.
Cp3 has been further then TMac ever been in the playoffs.:clap:

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:23 PM

Your Hornets are gettin worked on. Did you see that dunk by Ron Ron?

Im not even watching this game, im game casting it but thats all.
Im not in a good mood after a loss. EVER

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
I know I never said that though, I said you guys don't know what he does for the Hornets. We would have more rebounds then we do right now. Yao won't score as much. When he came back from his injury after the all star break he beasted and so did we, we went on a 7 game winning streak. What im saying is if Chandler wasn't injured we'd would have a much better record. We lost today im pissed as **** but you still won't do anything in the playoffs.

this is the same chandler that got traded but was rescinded due to his physical right? you're about to start crying cause your team is getting raped. so since you love chandler sooo much, and he's so great why would the hornets have traded him?

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:31 PM
this is the same chandler that got traded but was rescinded due to his physical right? you're about to start crying cause your team is getting raped. so since you love chandler sooo much, and he's so great why would the hornets have traded him?

WOW ur really stupid. They were trying to trade him because of financial issues. You should've read the report.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM

Are you going to start crying? Because im not, I can handle a loss, i'll be pissed for the rest of the day but w/e. You will be crying at the end of the first round.

agobbi17
04-13-2009, 10:33 PM
The Rockets won't do anything in the Playoffs? I'm hoping that we play ya'll.

Rockets are 3-1 with the Hornets this season by the way buddy.

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Are you going to start crying? Because im not, I can handle a loss, i'll be pissed for the rest of the day but w/e. You will be crying at the end of the first round.

this guy is an idiot...i bring up the fact that if chandler could've passed the physical he wouldn't even be on the team. then where would vinny's argument be?

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Most likely we will play SA, your first round matchup right now is Portland. With you guys having the home court. You guys beat them in the series 2-1. We are leading our series 2-1 with a game on Wednesday.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
this guy is an idiot...i bring up the fact that if chandler could've passed the physical he wouldn't even be on the team. then where would vinny's argument be?

If Chandler did pass the physical we'd have Wilcox and Smith... but we aren't playing with Wilcox And Smith, we are playing still unhealthy with Melvin Ely, Hilton Armstrong, and Sean Marks.

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 10:43 PM
anyways....Paul had 9 points with the hornets scoring a season LOW 66 points...ENOUGH SAID!!!

astrosmaniac
04-13-2009, 10:45 PM

all those things you said about chandler can be said when about when battier was out at the beginning of the year, and they could also be said about when landry was out for a couple weeks. everyone has injuries dude.
SA no manu,
LA didnt have bynum,
Denver (honestly i cant think of a major injury that happened to them),
utah had boozer and williams,
rockets have had tmac (i dont care about that, if hes not fully healthy he wont help us), no battier for like 20 games, no landry for a couple weeks,
dallas had terry out for a while,
portland with oden.

and were still 3-1 against yall for the season. this just epitomizes what i was saying all along. we dont need to score a ton to stop you. chandlers not a big offensive threat. are you telling me he would have given you 20 points tonight on the offensive end? also someone said the rockets werent as deep as the hornets. to me off the bench all i see for you is peja. our bench came in and thats when we took off and never looked back

and what does t-mac not going as far as CP3 have to do with this conversation? do you not realize that hes been gone for like 2 months, or are you grasping at straws for your argument?

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:50 PM
The Rockets won't do anything in the Playoffs? I'm hoping that we play ya'll.

Rockets are 3-1 with the Hornets this season by the way buddy.
I know that already
Game 1- Cp3 went 2-10 disgusting, but Chandler went 7-10, so i blame that lost on CP

Game 2- We won, we started Devin Brown:confused:, Tmac was still healthy and he went 2-11, and Rafer Alston went 1-10.

Game 3- U won, Paul did good, TC went 2-5, Yao didn't play. So didn't Peja.

and todays game... that kinda helps my point when I said TMac ruins your team. He takes too many shots... he isn't even star material anymore you guys are way better without him. But we need Chandler because our bench is thin.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:52 PM
anyways....Paul had 9 points with the hornets scoring a season LOW 66 points...ENOUGH SAID!!!

on a 3-8 shooting day with only playing like 31 minutes.

goku
04-13-2009, 10:54 PM

please yao gets him in foul trouble everytime they play each other chandler is to thin yao dominates him alot.chandler gets nothin but lobs and dunks

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:55 PM
all those things you said about chandler can be said when about when battier was out at the beginning of the year, and they could also be said about when landry was out for a couple weeks. everyone has injuries dude.
SA no manu,
LA didnt have bynum,
Denver (honestly i cant think of a major injury that happened to them),
utah had boozer and williams,
rockets have had tmac (i dont care about that, if hes not fully healthy he wont help us), no battier for like 20 games, no landry for a couple weeks,
dallas had terry out for a while,
portland with oden.

and were still 3-1 against yall for the season. this just epitomizes what i was saying all along. we dont need to score a ton to stop you. chandlers not a big offensive threat. are you telling me he would have given you 20 points tonight on the offensive end? also someone said the rockets werent as deep as the hornets. to me off the bench all i see for you is peja. our bench came in and thats when we took off and never looked back

and what does t-mac not going as far as CP3 have to do with this conversation? do you not realize that hes been gone for like 2 months, or are you grasping at straws for your argument?

U mean Posey? Because Peja starts, and Whenever Posey plays you don't know what to expect, he may have a great game or terrible, so inconsistent.

Chandler isn't big on points but he can defend Yao and he can open up easy alley opps from Paul. The Rockets are way more deep off the bench, but how i see the Rockets chances if they don't do it this year I don't think they'll ever do it.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
You guys better win tomorrow, beat Dallas since they wanna win today so we end up higher then them.

FOBolous
04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
on a 3-8 shooting day with only playing like 31 minutes.

excuses excuses :rolleyes:

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
U mean Posey? Because Peja starts, and Whenever Posey plays you don't know what to expect, he may have a great game or terrible, so inconsistent.

Chandler isn't big on points but he can defend Yao and he can open up easy alley opps from Paul. The Rockets are way more deep off the bench, but how i see the Rockets chances if they don't do it this year I don't think they'll ever do it.

brooks, landry, von wafer, lowry, all young players making a hell of a lot of progress. i hope you know Les Alexander has been voted #1 owner in the NBA. because of his management and the way they've put a team together that consistently makes the playoffs. at least we're still trying to make that championship run.

shep33
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Hah, its kinda funny that everyone including myself is talking about the Hornets vs. Rockets. But I just looked at the standings, and Dallas has a serious shot at moving up. That series would go to 7 I think, and Dallas has been playing a lot better with Howard back. The west playoffs is gonna be ridonkulous.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:03 PM
brooks, landry, von wafer, lowry, all young players making a hell of a lot of progress. i hope you know Les Alexander has been voted #1 owner in the NBA. because of his management and the way they've put a team together that consistently makes the playoffs. at least we're still trying to make that championship run.

They are making progress until they go to a different team, we tried to make a run this year getting posey. But your 3 big people are getting old. I dont see and off those young people being Superstars.... traded your first pick.... mgiht come back to sting you.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
excuses excuses :rolleyes:

your not serious are you? because that is a legit excuse

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Hah, its kinda funny that everyone including myself is talking about the Hornets vs. Rockets. But I just looked at the standings, and Dallas has a serious shot at moving up. That series would go to 7 I think, and Dallas has been playing a lot better with Howard back. The west playoffs is gonna be ridonkulous.

Yes it is, I can't wait until Saturday as long as we are healthy.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Iights peoples im out i'll be back later.

xHTOWN713x
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
none of our "big 3" is over 30....thats not old. superstars dont always win championships...a good hard working "TEAM" wins

goku
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
They are making progress until they go to a different team, we tried to make a run this year getting posey. But your 3 big people are getting old. I dont see and off those young people being Superstars.... traded your first pick.... mgiht come back to sting you.

laundry is a pretty good player still yound and lowry is 21 yrs old still have much to learn hornets need to worry more from what i heard from J.A adonda
on coast to coast it dont seem they will have the money to sign better players how the way things look for the team

astrosmaniac
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM

yes i meant posey, i typed the wrong name

and im trying to say that chandler isnt going to be the difference in a 20 point blow out. he would have kept yao from pry 6 more points, but hen again yao hardly played any in the 4th if at all. he would pry get 3-4 alley oops. thats at most a 14 point swing. wed still have won by 10+.

landry, brooks, and lowry are all under contract for another 3 years i believe. the only one we need to worry about leaving is von wafer, and im sure theyll make a contract to get him back. we traded away donte green (hasnt done much of anything in sac town, doesnt even get playing time.), and a pick that is going to be at best the 26th pick. not a big haul there. mcgrady wont ever be a part of this team again, and yao has at least 5-6 years of really good play left.

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:18 PM
We poor but its Adonde(or something like that), you guys got young players but I dont think they will be Superstars, you'd be lucky to get a star out of there, I like Landry and Brooks is ok. We still have young people and we'll have West Paul and Wright. Wright will be crazy good if developed right. Armstrong isn't bad but he not good yet, still is young. Peja is the reason were poor. 13 Million this year. :(

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:20 PM
yes i meant posey, i typed the wrong name

and im trying to say that chandler isnt going to be the difference in a 20 point blow out. he would have kept yao from pry 6 more points, but hen again yao hardly played any in the 4th if at all. he would pry get 3-4 alley oops. thats at most a 14 point swing. wed still have won by 10+.

landry, brooks, and lowry are all under contract for another 3 years i believe. the only one we need to worry about leaving is von wafer, and im sure theyll make a contract to get him back. we traded away donte green (hasnt done much of anything in sac town, doesnt even get playing time.), and a pick that is going to be at best the 26th pick. not a big haul there. mcgrady wont ever be a part of this team again, and yao has at least 5-6 years of really good play left.

but if he started its wouldn't have been up to 20, and the only reason this game was twenty is because we didn't play Paul or West which im glad because they need rest.

Mckphins
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
^how long you think will we see wright become good?

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
^how long you think will we see wright become good?

If developed right then within the next 2 years. When healthy we don't play him much though I think we should, his defense isn't bad he is really explosive, he hustles alot. He needs work on his jumper, from mid range to 3. His mid game isn't bad but can improve.

goku
04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
why doesnt denver get talked bout much like houston they havet been out the first round either?

Vinny642
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
why doesnt denver get talked bout much like houston they havet been out the first round either?

IDK they should, i want to go against them, the left the hornets with some bad defeats

FOBolous
04-13-2009, 11:41 PM
your not serious are you? because that is a legit excuse

the reason why he only played 31 minutes is because he sat out the 4th due to the fact that we were blowing yall out with no chance of yall coming back by the end of the 3rd. The same goes for the Rockets' players...Battier played the most minutes today with 32 minutes, yao played 31 minutes, Artest only played 28 minutes, and our starting point guard only played 23 minutes.

i would like to add that we blew yall out despite Artest only shooting 15% (2 of 13) and our starting point guard shooting only 28% (2 of 7).

as for your injury excuse...no1, with the exception of Utah, has had injury problems like we had this year. We didn't have Tmac all year (because he sucked all year this year), both Artest and Battier missed 20+ games, and one of our key bench player...Landry...missed a ton of games too. and guess what? we didn't whine and cry about our injuries like you're doing right now. we kept playing and now we're winning the Southwest division and we're on our way to being #3 of the TOUGHT western conference.

FOBolous
04-13-2009, 11:49 PM
but if he started its wouldn't have been up to 20, and the only reason this game was twenty is because we didn't play Paul or West which im glad because they need rest.

if we have a healthy tmac and if artest shot better than 15%..we would've blown yall out by 50+ points. your point?

and yes...i agree with you that we're better without tmac THIS year because tmac has been injured all year this year. IF he was healthy (probably never will be again)...it would've been a completely different story.

Vinny642
04-14-2009, 12:23 AM
if we have a healthy tmac and if artest shot better than 15%..we would've blown yall out by 50+ points. your point?

and yes...i agree with you that we're better without tmac THIS year because tmac has been injured all year this year. IF he was healthy (probably never will be again)...it would've been a completely different story.

Sure u would with TMac taking all the shots and missing and Artest doing the same thing. I think TMacs career is DONE

Mckphins
04-14-2009, 12:43 AM
i persoanlly dont know how to take denver this year a, no one talks about them. I know they have some stars but i still think on paper they dont cause a huge threat. Be interesting to see how far they go. I think NO or utah could beat them 1st round, but i think theyd beat dallas in 6

DreamShaker
04-14-2009, 01:08 AM
i persoanlly dont know how to take denver this year a, no one talks about them. I know they have some stars but i still think on paper they dont cause a huge threat. Be interesting to see how far they go. I think NO or utah could beat them 1st round, but i think theyd beat dallas in 6

They have always had the talent. Iverson and Melo have always been deadly. But this is the year Iverson finally turned into the player they needed him to be....Chauncey Billups.

FOBolous
04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Sure u would with TMac taking all the shots and missing and Artest doing the same thing. I think TMacs career is DONE

yea well...it doesn't take away from the fact that if we had a healthy tmac and a artest who is on his game that we would've blown yall out by 50+ points :D according to your logic of course

Tmac,lt,berkman
04-14-2009, 11:32 AM

with or without chandler we could give yall homecourt advantage and still take any series from yall... CHRIS PAUL IS GOOD BUT HES NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Ollie Tabooger
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
with aaron brooks leading the way, the rockets are unstoppable

IBleedPurple
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Teams Houston can beat: Denver, New Orleans, Portland, Dallas, San Antonio

Teams Houston can't beat: Los Angeles

Teams Houston can beat BUT would lose to: Utah

There you go, so if Houston avoids LA (which is pretty much done) and UTAH, they will get out of the first round!

Very, very wishful thinking.

FOBolous
04-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Very, very wishful thinking.

not really...

Houston's record....

vs New Orleans: 3-1 including one blowout

vs Denver: 3-1

vs Portland: 2-1 including one blowout

vs Dallas: 2-1 including one blowout

vs San Antonio: 2-2 including one blowout

vs Utah: 2-2

so i think fredv's assesment is right...teams we can beat are Denver, New Olreans, Dallas, and San Antonio now that Ginobili's injured

team we have a VERY small chance of beating is the Lakers

and teams we will have a VERY hard time of beating would be Utah.

BenFrank
04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
not really...

Houston's record....

so i think fredv's assesment is right...teams we can beat are Denver, New Olreans, Dallas, and San Antonio now that Ginobili's injured

Ummm yes! I would like to agree.. I think we would be able to beat Utah to if we don't play them in the 1st

IBleedPurple
04-14-2009, 01:19 PM
not really...

Houston's record....

Saying that if you face any team other than Utah or LA, and you make it out of the first round is definitely wishful thinking. Saying you think that is what will happen or it is likely to happen is different. But teams who struggle in the playoffs like the Rockets cannot be given a free pass to the 2nd round before the games are played.

GREATNESS ONE
04-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I think they can and the irony will be Tmac will not be playing.

xHTOWN713x
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY&feature=related

take time to watch this. dont miss yao with that put back dunk first couple seconds
almost brings me to tears. what was and should still be....I still love T-MAC. watch the interview after he was so excited and was at a loss for words. Tracy McGrady will always be TMAC to me.

Chronz
04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Saying that if you face any team other than Utah or LA, and you make it out of the first round is definitely wishful thinking. Saying you think that is what will happen or it is likely to happen is different. But teams who struggle in the playoffs like the Rockets cannot be given a free pass to the 2nd round before the games are played.

Its not wishful thinking, its a certainty, the Hornets, Nuggets, and Mavs stand no chance against Houston. Hornets I know for sure, I hope they dont match up because it would be a boring series. The Rockets dont struggle in the playoffs, they only lose to the 1 team that has their number, the Jazz. The only teams that can beat the Rockets are the ones that can exploit Yao's lack of mobility. Hornets cant so CP3 gets shut down, Blazers can but they have to go small and takes away what they do best, Nuggets cant, Mavs cant unless they go small, which depending on Howards play could win them. Spurs wouldve been a threat but without Manu Im not so sure. The Rockets are in so long as they dont play those 2 teams.

enitialdee
04-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Denver haven't pass 1st in ages. Portland, is a playoff newb. Spurs is old, n cripple. Dallas had a brainfart. Hornet showed their real self.. Still the rocket get the most doubt. I bet folks have the 9th place sun are more likely to advance, then the rocket. Buch of nonsense

shep33
04-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Okay, now that they dropped to the 5 seed, I don't think that they'll make it outta round 1. If they're playing Portland, who are one of the hottest teams in the league, I just don't see them beating portland in portland.