PDA

View Full Version : The Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons Have Both Clinched Playoff Spots

Cullksinikers
04-10-2009, 11:57 PM
The Thunder beat the Bobcats 84-81 meaning that the Bulls and Pistons clinched. Both conferences know what teams will be in the playoffs for sure, seedings are still to be determined.

D_Rose1118
04-11-2009, 12:16 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulls=Champions 08/09

Testaverde16
04-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Good for Detroit, I hated seeing them collapse so far. THough it would have been cool to see the Bobcats in there.

Mckphins
04-11-2009, 12:38 AM
^ :laugh2:

JordansBulls
04-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Glad to see Rose get some playoff experience.

still1ballin
04-11-2009, 01:32 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulls=Champions 08/09

:laugh2:

zambo4president
04-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Bulls will take the cake this year, no homer ;).

Bullsfan22
04-11-2009, 06:44 AM
BRAD miller will lead us to a ring!!!!1@ i don't think rose will do good but we will lindsey hunter and aaron gray coming off the bench..hushamaneliii championshipp.

CP3 The Great
04-11-2009, 07:27 AM
:laugh2:

your team might be a favorite but u shouldnt laugh their not going to win it. Kobe 9/20,000 tonite the blazers destroyed you guys with your whole team haha with no perimeter defense i can't wait to see all the bandwagon hoppers and lakers go down this postseason.

Kakaroach
04-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Congratz to the Pistons and Bulls. I dunno if either will make it out of the first round though.

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:31 AM
bulls gonna have at least a 6 or 7 game series with any team

bostncelts34
04-11-2009, 09:36 AM
I was hoping detroit would climb to 6 some how and play orlando in the first round. But now i hope they stay 8th and battle cleveland. I dont want to face them in the first round. Detroit may have fallen this year, but they still have tons of expierence with veteran players and without a doubt have the capability i beleive to take anyone in the east 7 games.

As for chicago, great to get rose and the other youngins' some expierence..but sorry to say...wether you face Cleveland or Boston, i think you would be lucky to go 5 games. Just not ready to play elite teams like that yet, but still..congrats on making the next step.

bostncelts34
04-11-2009, 09:36 AM
bulls gonna have at least a 6 or 7 game series with any team

would you like to make a sig bet on that? haha. No way does chicago take cleveland or boston 6 or 7 games.

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I was hoping detroit would climb to 6 some how and play orlando in the first round. But now i hope they stay 8th and battle cleveland. I dont want to face them in the first round. Detroit may have fallen this year, but they still have tons of expierence with veteran players and without a doubt have the capability i beleive to take anyone in the east 7 games.

As for chicago, great to get rose and the other youngins' some expierence..but sorry to say...wether you face Cleveland or Boston, i think you would be lucky to go 5 games. Just not ready to play elite teams like that yet, but still..congrats on making the next step.

They can take it to 6-7...Their only 1 year displaced from the playoffs...and have been killing teams at home...If any team sleeps on them for 1 game...there will be hell to pay

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:39 AM
would you like to make a sig bet on that? haha. No way does chicago take cleveland or boston 6 or 7 games.

sure...I'm almost positive

unwantedplayer
04-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Don't be too full of yourself. Anything can happen in the playoffs, not that I want it to happen, but you never know. ;)

bostncelts34
04-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Not saying stranger things havent happened, BUT if i had to put money on it happening or not, id put it on not.thats all im saying.

IrespectNumber3
04-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Not saying stranger things havent happened, BUT if i had to put money on it happening or not, id put it on not.thats all im saying.

The bulls have a history of having long drawn out playoff series

bostncelts34
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Im not having an disrespect for the bulls. Im happy too see them in the playoffs.

I dont think history means much. History is well, history. Diffrent bulls team. Same goes for every other teams history.

effen5
04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
This bulls team offensively is a lot better then the three previous playoff runs, defensively there not as good but they are a lot better then they were in the beginning of the season. It would not shock me if they took one of the top three teams in the east to 5,6 or even 7 games.

Cullksinikers
04-12-2009, 12:27 PM
According to Jamal Mashburn the Bulls are a "sleeper team" to come out of the first round. The problem is, we'd have to play Orlando with Dwight Howard dominating in the paint, playing the first 2 in Cleveland where the Cavaliers haven't lost to a Western Conference team this season, or Boston which they're the defending champions. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Bulls fan, but this team even if they advance won't get past the 2nd round. We'll lose 4-1 to any of those teams, if we play the Cavaliers, the one win will be at the United Center.

haze442200
04-12-2009, 12:41 PM
to be honest, im not sure we can go six or seven against the celtics if Garnett is healthy and playing like he did in the play-offs last year. Im hoping we take the six spot, we are just a half game behind philly, and play the magic. They have been struggling as of late and rashad was out yesterday and hedo got hurt. No doubt Dwight will be on a mission but I think we may be able to steal that series if we stay as hot as we have been.

jayl1377
04-12-2009, 12:42 PM

bulls are getting the 6th seed, and will play orlando without jameer nelson, plus hedo turkoglu got hurt last night so he wont be 100%...lookin good for chi town

bostncelts34
04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
bulls are getting the 6th seed, and will play orlando without jameer nelson, plus hedo turkoglu got hurt last night so he wont be 100%...lookin good for chi town

I do think if the bulls play the magic, they could take them 6 or 7.

cantstopthee
04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
if det faces Orlando we will win.

but we should of missed it for a high draft pick,o well its the playoffs anything can happen

klvanzu
04-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I do think if the bulls play the magic, they could take them 6 or 7.

If the Bulls draw the Magic in the first round without Nelson and injuries to Hedo and Shard the Bulls will take that series. Even if Shard and Hedo play the Magic aren't going to dominate, and I think the Bulls would still push them to 6-7 games.

SteveNash
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM
This bulls team offensively is a lot better then the three previous playoff runs, defensively there not as good but they are a lot better then they were in the beginning of the season. It would not shock me if they took one of the top three teams in the east to 5,6 or even 7 games.

But the Bulls (and the Pistons) now have terrible coaches. I would not be shocked to see them get swept.

chitownbulls
04-12-2009, 02:20 PM
You never know, could be another Warriors vs Mavs series.

HoosierDaddy
04-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I think the bulls have a chance to make it interesting in the first round vs whoever they play. I'm not so sure about the pistons. They seems too dysfunctional. I think the Pistons will end up with the eight seed and lose to the Cavs in 5 (if not get swept). Seeing as how they've already lost to the Cavs in the playoffs when Lebron wasn't playing at this high level with less help (and the pistons also had Billups).

So, my prediction. Bulls lose in 6 or 7.

Pistons lose in 4 or 5 in the first round