PDA

View Full Version : Lakers 18-5 against western Playoff teams

Gibby23
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I think that is pretty amazing to be so dominant against the other playoff teams in the west.

Vs DEN: 3-1
Vs HOU: 4-0
Vs SA: 2-1
Vs NO: 3-1
Vs POR: 2-1 1 game remains to be played
Vs DAL: 3-0
Vs UT: 1-1 1 game remains to be played

Duncan = Donkey
04-10-2009, 12:01 PM
ok....

Gibby23
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
ok....

Im just saying it is pretty impressive when you consider the Cavs have lost 5 games th west playoff teams and Boston has lost 7 to west playoff teams and the Lakers played more games against the teams in the west.

madiaz3
04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
You gotta make connections, Suns avatar, aka he wants nothing to do with the Lakers, so he'll try and belittle your thread.

Cool stat, how about Orlando? I do believe they have fared quite well, at least against the Lakers last I checked.

KB24PG16
04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
wow thats amazing

Kenny
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
They only lost 16 games this year what the heck is your point.

Cavs are 26-4 against the west, I would say thats even more impressive

epizo1
04-10-2009, 12:46 PM

And half of those losses would happen to be against who? :eyebrow:

Gibby23
04-10-2009, 12:49 PM

They are also 0-2 against the Lakers. Now that is impressive.

IBleedPurple
04-10-2009, 12:49 PM
With a good record, wins will come against all the teams you play

Gibby23
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
With a good record, wins will come against all the teams you play

Not really. Denver is 14-12 against western playoff teams.

Brooke
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM

they play those teams at least 3 or 4 times a year and the Cavs only play them twice a year. Beating those teams 3 or 4 times is impressive

and two of those losses came from the Lakers

still1ballin
04-10-2009, 02:10 PM
impressive stat

OG "Dee" LOCc
04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
lol lakers a beast! :clap:

AllTheWay
04-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Championship :)

superkegger
04-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Not really surprising. We've lost 16 total games, there's a good chance we have a really good record vs. any demographic of teams. :shrug:

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 02:24 PM
and?? Ask the Mavs from a couple years ago, or the Sonics from the 90's how that worked out for them. Once the playoffs start, being 82-0 doesnt matter.

GoatMilk
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
well they're definitely going to the Finals(well it seems that way at least when you look at the stats)
Championship? we'll see

Gibby23
04-10-2009, 02:27 PM
and?? Ask the Mavs from a couple years ago, or the Sonics from the 90's how that worked out for them. Once the playoffs start, being 82-0 doesnt matter.

I know your rooting hard for Kobe to lose, and this probabbly get's you upset. There is no way any team in the west beats the Lakers.

AllTheWay
04-10-2009, 02:41 PM

Yet the majority of the time it does matter, those are more likely anomalies than anything else. If the Mavs had run into anyone besides the Warriors, they likely would have crushed them.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
I know your rooting hard for Kobe to lose, and this probabbly get's you upset. There is no way any team in the west beats the Lakers.

I could care less who wins, I just like good series. And those who live in absolutes are always disappointed.

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Yet the majority of the time it does matter, those are more likely anomalies than anything else. If the Mavs had run into anyone besides the Warriors, they likely would have crushed them.

well thank god the Bobcats aren't in the playoffs, and the Lakers better pray to god the Magic don't make the finals then by that reasoning

last stand
04-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Not really surprising. We've lost 16 total games, there's a good chance we have a really good record vs. any demographic of teams. :shrug:

except the bobcats

The Anomoly
04-10-2009, 03:05 PM
hahaha, foolish mortals that challenge the lakers of los angeles, nay say thee I, hahaha

MAC10TIZZY
04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
0-2 vs magic. Top three east are leap years ahead of the top three in the west. Flat out the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
except the bobcats

0-2 against the Magic as well, correct? And that is a team that could realistically make the finals if LA gets there

JordansBulls
04-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I think that is pretty amazing to be so dominant against the other playoff teams in the west.

Vs DEN: 3-1
Vs HOU: 4-0
Vs SA: 2-1
Vs NO: 3-1
Vs POR: 2-1 1 game remains to be played
Vs DAL: 3-0
Vs UT: 1-1 1 game remains to be played

They must be pretty good then.:D

AllTheWay
04-10-2009, 03:34 PM
well thank god the Bobcats aren't in the playoffs, and the Lakers better pray to god the Magic don't make the finals then by that reasoning

That could be true, usually teams that give other teams problems will have that translate into the playoffs, it's not too hard of a concept to grasp Hawkeye. The regular season isn't utterly useless like you always try to make it out to be.

GREATNESS ONE
04-10-2009, 03:38 PM
:rock::nod::box::guns::jumpy::clap:Good God I am freakn excited for the playoff's !!!!! 1

superkegger
04-10-2009, 03:59 PM
except the bobcats

which is why i said a good chance, I'm aware of their shortcomings.

Like I said, you look at the Lakers record vs most any demographic, and there's a good chance it will be good. Anomalies happen though.

For example, the kings, who have only won 16 total games this year, have 7 of those wins against their own division. An odd anomaly.

I'm sure there are tons of these kind of things.

0-2 vs magic. Top three east are leap years ahead of the top three in the west. Flat out the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leap years?

Boston against the top 3 of the west, 2-4.

Cleveland against the top 3 of the west, 3-3.

Orlando against the top 3 of the west, 3-3

Overall 8-10.

Yep, leap years.

0-2 against the Magic as well, correct? And that is a team that could realistically make the finals if LA gets there

It is, and that would be a tough series for LA to win, because they shoot the 3 well, and we don't defend it well. The one thing we have going for us in that though is that we usually limit Dwight pretty effectively.

GoatMilk
04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Jameer Nelson is the main reason that Orlando swept the Lakers, and he's out
they're not making the Finals anyways so who cares

Spurred1
04-10-2009, 04:37 PM
That could be true, usually teams that give other teams problems will have that translate into the playoffs, it's not too hard of a concept to grasp Hawkeye. The regular season isn't utterly useless like you always try to make it out to be.

Good point. Not like the other team is suddenly going to figure out how to beat that team that's been abusing them for years. If a team is another team's Achilles during the regular season, chances are, it will continue in the playoffs. Not always, but...

Anyway, as for the damn thread itself, that is impressive.

superkegger
04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Good point. Not like the other team is suddenly going to figure out how to beat that team that's been abusing them for years. If a team is another team's Achilles during the regular season, chances are, it will continue in the playoffs. Not always, but...

Anyway, as for the damn thread itself, that is impressive.

Exactly, but it goes beyond that. The Jazz aren't going to all of the sudden figure out how to win on the road, the Sixers aren't going to start raining 3's on you, the Celtics are still going to have trouble with TO's, and the Spurs aren't going to start scoring 110 a game. Your "tells", so to speak, during the regular season tend to be magnified in the playoffs, not vice versa.

NFLNBA
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM

he is also saying if you put the Cavs in the West there record would look a lot different

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I take it all back. The Lakers go 16-0, with an average win margin of 24 points. Does that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
I don't mean the regular season doesn't matter, it does. But when the playoffs start, those records against other teams don't mean anything. Did all the wins against Denver come with Billups there? Or the ones against Utah while Deron and Boozer were healthy, yada, yada, yada. I don't care to look, I am sure a Laker fan will do it for me so they can throw it in my face, but I grasp every concept fine. But I am also not biased. The Lakers have what it takes to win it all this year, but most Laker fans look at the playoffs as a formality, when they actually do have to play, and win these games. Like I said, I am not rooting for anyone to win, or lose, I just like to see great series.

Gibby23
04-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I take it all back. The Lakers go 16-0, with an average win margin of 24 points. Does that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
I don't mean the regular season doesn't matter, it does. But when the playoffs start, those records against other teams don't mean anything. Did all the wins against Denver come with Billups there? Or the ones against Utah while Deron and Boozer were healthy, yada, yada, yada. I don't care to look, I am sure a Laker fan will do it for me so they can throw it in my face, but I grasp every concept fine. But I am also not biased. The Lakers have what it takes to win it all this year, but most Laker fans look at the playoffs as a formality, when they actually do have to play, and win these games. Like I said, I am not rooting for anyone to win, or lose, I just like to see great series.It does matter. You mentioned Dallas against GS in a previous post. Dallas was the #1 seed with the best record that year, but GS beat them all 3 times in the regular season and it happened in the playoffs. More times than not, it does matter.

SF49ers
04-10-2009, 06:22 PM
impressive stat

GspLAL
04-10-2009, 07:23 PM
You gotta make connections, Suns avatar, aka he wants nothing to do with the Lakers, so he'll try and belittle your thread.

Cool stat, how about Orlando? I do believe they have fared quite well, at least against the Lakers last I checked.

Yeah they match up well, Lakers' weakness is 3 point defense and Magic are lights out from 3.

G-Funk
04-10-2009, 07:36 PM
which is why i said a good chance, I'm aware of their shortcomings.

Like I said, you look at the Lakers record vs most any demographic, and there's a good chance it will be good. Anomalies happen though.

For example, the kings, who have only won 16 total games this year, have 7 of those wins against their own division. An odd anomaly.

I'm sure there are tons of these kind of things.

Leap years?

Boston against the top 3 of the west, 2-4.

Cleveland against the top 3 of the west, 3-3.

Orlando against the top 3 of the west, 3-3

Overall 8-10.

Yep, leap years.

It is, and that would be a tough series for LA to win, because they shoot the 3 well, and we don't defend it well. The one thing we have going for us in that though is that we usually limit Dwight pretty effectively.

You just owned him :clap::clap::clap:

Hawkeye15
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
It does matter. You mentioned Dallas against GS in a previous post. Dallas was the #1 seed with the best record that year, but GS beat them all 3 times in the regular season and it happened in the playoffs. More times than not, it does matter.

that's fine, we will see what happens. I just dont like the mentality of many Laker fans that the playoffs are simply a formality. Um, they actually have to win those games. Not calling you that, just saying there are statements out there that they are unbeatable, and will just waltz to the finals unscathed.

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 01:07 AM
that's fine, we will see what happens. I just dont like the mentality of many Laker fans that the playoffs are simply a formality. Um, they actually have to win those games. Not calling you that, just saying there are statements out there that they are unbeatable, and will just waltz to the finals unscathed.

Really? I've only counted one such post in this thread....

And the Lakers made short work of the Nuggets and Spurs(which are now both entirely different teams, but I'm just using this to make a point) in last year's playoffs, so the extreme confidence isn't entirely offbase considering how easily the Lakers rolled through the west this year.

VinceGully
04-11-2009, 01:37 AM
18-6 *****es

SF25
04-11-2009, 01:50 AM
18-6 *****es

chea

NBA-FAN4EVER
04-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Another interesting stat

The Lakers and Cavs both have more loses against the East than they do vs the West

Hawkeye15
04-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Really? I've only counted one such post in this thread....

And the Lakers made short work of the Nuggets and Spurs(which are now both entirely different teams, but I'm just using this to make a point) in last year's playoffs, so the extreme confidence isn't entirely offbase considering how easily the Lakers rolled through the west this year.

this thread? who gives a ****. I am talking about since I joined. Anyways, I don't care to argue with a Laker fan, they are about as rational as a wife. Good luck in the playoffs. If you win, I can't wait for the flood of annoyance, and if they lose, I can't wait for the flood of excuses. Either way, I lose. Bumskies for me

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 03:25 AM
this thread? who gives a ****. I am talking about since I joined. Anyways, I don't care to argue with a Laker fan, they are about as rational as a wife. Good luck in the playoffs. If you win, I can't wait for the flood of annoyance, and if they lose, I can't wait for the flood of excuses. Either way, I lose. Bumskies for me

Right, because I'm the one being irrational here.... :rolleyes:

Who's doing the name calling again?

Hawkeye15
04-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Right, because I'm the one being irrational here.... :rolleyes:

Who's doing the name calling again?

oh my god dude, get over yourself. I did a long time ago:)

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 04:29 AM
oh my god dude, get over yourself. I did a long time ago:)

Get over myself in what way? I'm trying to make a point, and you continue to attack me personally.....

Ad Hominem?

Hawkeye15
04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Get over myself in what way? I'm trying to make a point, and you continue to attack me personally.....

Ad Hominem?

how am I attacking you personally? I have simply stated that Laker fans in general are acting like its a foregone conclusion that the Lakers waltz into the finals. I am impressed by their record against the playoff teams, but I also don't think it means a lot when the playoffs start. If Laker fans are that sensitive, and call out hate every single time someone disagrees with them, then keep it in the Laker forum so it can be a strokeoff convention.
And it would be very clear if I was personally attacking you.

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Well you clearly stated that I should 'get over myself' as if I was full of myself, which I'm not, I'm just presenting my argument. And you presented yours, which is great. We agree to disagree, and leave it at that. There's no need for dick measuring.

G-Funk
04-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Good luck in the playoffs. If you win, I can't wait for the flood of annoyance, and if they lose, I can't wait for the flood of excuses. Either way, I lose. Bumskies for me

It's going to be well deserved too.

Giants27
04-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Why do people hate the Lakers soo much? My god..... Whats there to hate Kobe? Phil Jackson? Or because year in and year out there always a contender...

Hawkeye15
04-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Why do people hate the Lakers soo much? My god..... Whats there to hate Kobe? Phil Jackson? Or because year in and year out there always a contender...

nah, its the fans, not the team. It just trickles down.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Well you clearly stated that I should 'get over myself' as if I was full of myself, which I'm not, I'm just presenting my argument. And you presented yours, which is great. We agree to disagree, and leave it at that. There's no need for dick measuring.

haha, agreed dude. And I use that term lightly, get over yourself, which is not name calling btw. Nothing personal in it. I am not PC at all. I could really care less what people think of me. But yes, we can agree to disagree. cool

Hawkeye15
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM
It's going to be well deserved too.

gfunk, I thought we were tight after the ridiculous Bynum thread preseason, where you guys all called him the second coming of Shaq/Wilt/Kareem all mixed together. C'mon baby

And when do I ever rub it in when the Lakers lose????????? Um, never. So I would expect you to leave it alone if they win it all this year, that should be satisfaction enough, unless you want to cross over to the many, many annoying as **** Laker fans. Just be a Laker fan that doesn't suck, there aren't many on these boards

Tblaze
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM

I second that.

AllTheWay
04-11-2009, 05:45 PM
haha, agreed dude. And I use that term lightly, get over yourself, which is not name calling btw. Nothing personal in it. I am not PC at all. I could really care less what people think of me. But yes, we can agree to disagree. cool

Ya manz we be cool :)

VinceGully
04-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Youre right...the fact that they have an excuse for everything and Kobe is not JESUS...

KBfrom8to24
04-11-2009, 07:16 PM

The lakers have a greater chance of winning a series againts the magic. But it won't happen anyway coz no team in the east could beat the cavs.

bahama0811
04-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Laker fans will say anything to make themselves feel better about their team.